[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conquistadors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
So I just played Expeditions: Conquistador and am now inspired to run a campaign set in the era of Spanish exploration of the New World.

Thing is, I've never been quite that good at the exploration part. I'm not really sure how to make exploring endless jungles, forests et cetera interesting. I have some ideas for how to deal with the natives, but I don't want to make the countryside feel like the void the party moves through on their way to the next event. It feels like the world itself, being a whole new world never seen by Europeans before, should be more interesting than that.

Help me brainstorm interesting shit to do here, /tg/?
>>
>>46305451
>Expeditions: Conquistador
That was a cool game.

Did you recruit the native followers? Marry the chief's kid? What was the rest of your party like?
>>
>>46305603
>native followers
The one with the macuahuitl is too awesome not to get. He does so much fucking damage.

>marry a nonwhite
Please.

>party
I think I had a sword-and-shield guy for tanking, the native with the macuahuitl and one with a halberd for damage, an archer for range, and a healer or two.

I think it might be too simulationist, but including mechanics for hunting and feeding the party might be cool. Or it might just be another stat to track.
>>
>>46305662
>>marry a nonwhite
>Please.
Some conquistador you are
>>
>>46305719
Oh, dicking them is par for the course. But marrying one?
>>
>>
>>46305723

>not marrying the virtuous pagan maiden to make her a proper Christian woman and guarantee her entrance to Heaven
>>
File: 1336998480521.jpg (77 KB, 432x648) Image search: [Google]
1336998480521.jpg
77 KB, 432x648
What about Conquistadors IN SPACE?
>>
>>46306582

So replace delicious brown Aztec girls with delicious blue alien girls.
>>
>>46305451
Magic or not?

PS: Got some inspiration source for you.
>>
>>46305451
Played at first as a kind and curious explorer. The few fights I had where easy due to using those native followers who are statswise better then my spanish followers.

Secondd playthrought was as bloodthirsty conqueror. Every village that didn't immediatly hand over their valuables was torched on the spot. Those few of my followers with even a stretch of morals left where sacrificed whatever heathen god and idol promised the most loot.

I really liked the game because it gave you so much evil choices without turning into Dick Dastardly.

Also there is a nice "break the cutie" moment with a follower you pick up in the second half.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.