[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my Setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Warrior Green horse and cape.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1031) Image search: [Google]
Warrior Green horse and cape.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1031
Somebody Rate my setting.

>Great Continent contains only two primary core races; Humans and Trolls.
>They live apart, though a few live in each others territories.
>Humans tend to live in the hotter areas, trolls in the colder ones
>Temperate areas inbetween are sometimes fought over
>Trolls are not as stupid as they are in most worlds but aren't as industrious as humans, have a hard time with mining and making weapons/armor, reproduce slowly but big and powerful and can recover from almost any injury
>Humans mastered horseback riding and go to war with the trolls when they need to
>Many years of uneasy peace have been between the two races for a long time, several satellite races such as kobolds, lizardmen, burrow-folk (basically small animal people like in 100 acre wood) are mingling, but worried of a future war
>This is the tense situation that the players are thrown into, war may be on the horizon.

Not terribly original I know, but how does /tg/ like it?

Also picture unrelated, but cool.
>>
entirely in the execution/10
>>
>>46304393
>Temperate areas inbetween are sometimes fought over
Why would the fight when they life so far apart?
HOW can they they live so far apart if they fight over areas that are I assume somewhere in the middle?
>>
>>46304425

in what way?
>>
File: ice troll.png (723 KB, 966x750) Image search: [Google]
ice troll.png
723 KB, 966x750
>>46304467

The Trolls and various troll empires or factions live up in the cold areas.

Humans empires live near the equator and hotter areas.

There is an area between that is pretty mild.

Both groups have spread across their respective areas and have friction in these middle areas where they both can fight. Troll Empire A may not represent the whole race but they would want the mild area's land for themselves, and have friction with human Empire B even though human empire B doesn't represent all of humans either. But it could start a holy racial war.
>>
File: 1459036107246s.jpg (3 KB, 81x125) Image search: [Google]
1459036107246s.jpg
3 KB, 81x125
>>46304393
no skeletons/10
>>
Trolls are neat and don't get enough play, so i like it.

Other than that i'd say
>There are two races in a tense peace and war is one nasty look away
Is kind of cut and paste and could use something.
>>
>>46304507
>Humans empires live near the equator and hotter areas.
That's not where humans are very industrious - unless your world is colder than Earth.
>>
>>46304743

What are you on about? The world can be plenty industrious, there are natural resources all around the equator and in nearby areas. Like all of North Africa and the Mediterranean.
>>
>>46305170
Those places are too warm for an industrious culture.
There is a reason why it was cold Europe that suddenly took over the world.
>>
>>46305327

Could you fuck off please?
>>
>>46305343
Could you go read a history book please?
>>
>>46305364
I think >>46305343 mistook my post for racism.
>>
>>46305364
>>46305370

Listen kid it doesn't matter if its true or not, in fact I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with you. My problem is you're derailing a thread which has nothing to do with the OP post, its irrelevant and very b8 tier.
>>
>>46305387
To me the rating of the realism of OP's setting is part of the rating of his setting.
>>
>>46305398

OP here. The problem with this argument has nothing to do with real life because the setting doesn't have people naturally evolving.

Humans in this setting were created, not evolved, so that factor of evolutionary theory wouldn't have played into effect. Now why don't you be a good goy and answer the question?
>>
>>46305456
>because the setting doesn't have people naturally evolving.
And the argument is not about evolution, but meh. I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. Handwave it for all I care.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.