[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Encounter Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: Beauty.jpg (540 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
Beauty.jpg
540 KB, 1500x1200
The party come across a juvenile beholder, restrained to block access to a corridor, with hideous sigils scraped into the walls around it. If any of the party speak abyssal, they can read that they are the words for "help" and "mother".
>>
>>46303115
>Helps him find his mother
>She disintegrates the party anyways
>Because fuck these muderhobos who broke into my home and taught bad things to my child
>like escaping punishment
Go back to your corner mister!
>>
Two beholders have been seen harassing the peasantry in the city square. They are making everyone self-conscious.
>>
>>46303186
>The party come across a juvenile beholder, restrained to block access to a corridor, with hideous sigils scraped into the walls around it. If any of the party speak abyssal, they can read that they are the words for "help" and "mother".

I was thinking more that a sorcerer had summoned a terrified juvenile beholder and imprisoned it to do his bidding, but the naughty step works too.
>>
>>46303115
Been there, done that, made Mummy angry that she now owed us one for rescuing both her and her child.
We collected some time later when we were captured by some Drow.
Halfway through rescuing us she announced that the small waystation was now her territory and that we were trespassing, after 'accidently' breaking open our cage she gave us two rounds to make our escape before she started chasing us.
However she has said that as long as we behave ourselves she'll tolerate our presence in the future.
We now have an Underdark rest-stop, if an angry, shouty one.
>>
File: 1442020212602.jpg (34 KB, 351x400) Image search: [Google]
1442020212602.jpg
34 KB, 351x400
>>46303186

Yeah, never get between a beholder and their children.
>>
If we want to follow the Lords of Madness 3.5 splat on this, it can be even sadder.

Beholders have two brains, the thinking one, complete with a belief in their inherent superiority and a filter one that makes reality match.

Those words haven't been consciously inscribed by the Beholder. It's his filter brain screaming for release after trying to convince the other brain that it's intentionally hanging around the one spot for no apparent reason. As soon as it's saved, it will cease to function on the level that allows it to express messages and will sink into mindless censorship again.

Do you kill that creature or leave it to life long suffering?
>>
>>46303115
>the beholder has managed to convince itself that it can't possibly be a beholder
>a beholder would be too smart to get captured by a human
>>
File: IMG_1285.jpg (164 KB, 550x746) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1285.jpg
164 KB, 550x746
>>46303115
>Beholder Dome
>party falls down a weighted hallway, sliding them into a large cavern
>walls of the cavern have been disintegrated and polished like mirrored glass
>at the center floats the Beholder
>each round, roll d10 for each eye beam and d4 for how many times it reflects

DISCO PARTY
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.