[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ulrich confirmed for Eldrich Moon's Legendary R/G Werewolf?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 265x370
Ulrich confirmed for Eldrich Moon's Legendary R/G Werewolf?
>>
>>46300839

Most likely. Whether-or-not his mechanics will be any good is anyone's guess.
>>
And here I was hoping we'd fibally meet Tovolar.
>>
Wish werewolves didn't suck.
>>
>>46300839
Fuck that. I want LUDEVIC.
>>
>>46301876
Seriously though, how do people intend you to transform werewolves?
>>
>>46301960
Don't play spells on your turn?? You can cast one spell each turn without fear of reversing your werewolves.

You could also try blowing up your opponent's lands so they can't cast spells either...
>>
File: duskwatchrecruiter.jpg (48 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
duskwatchrecruiter.jpg
48 KB, 265x370
>>46301960
This dude is pretty smooth.
Play him turn two.
Use his ability turn three and snag a creature from your deck. He transforms.
Turn four you play the creature you just got in your hand for a discount.
>>
>>46302240
That's probably the best designed werewolf in the whole set. It curves nicely, it has an ability to use on the human side to let you transform it easily without having to just waste a turn, and having a good effect on both sides means there are some cases where you're going to want the human side rather than the werewolf one.
>>
>>46302432

Kinda a problem with most werewolves is that there is no downside for your opponent to keep them from transforming into werewolves.
>>
>>46302502
Yeah. That's the big issue. Most werewolves are very binary. You want them to flip because they just become bigger, and your opponent doesn't for the same reason.

If anything, there should be some instances where your opponent wants to try and make a Werewolf flip, or you want to change them back to human.
>>
>>46302547

Exactly. For you, they should be useable on either side, and your opponent should have to make a hard choice on whether they want human or werewolf, because each are dangerous in their own way.
>>
>>46302432
>>46302502
>>46302547
More of them need to have interesting abilities on the human side as mana sinks, and be vanilla fatties on the other. Also no moonmist reprint what.
>>
File: 1433644944937.jpg (100 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1433644944937.jpg
100 KB, 640x640
My dream:

>Ulrich, the Whatever (insert fancy title)
>3RG
>Legendary Creature - Human Werewolf Warrior (can that even fit on a card?)
>Flash
>At the beginning of your next upkeep, if you control another human werewolf transform Ulrich-the-Whatnot and all werewolves you control.
>3/3

Flipside
>Ulrich, Krallenhorde Alpha
>Trample
>All werewolf creatures you control enter the battlefield transformed
>Other werewolf creatures you control cannot transform into human werewolves
>If you control no other werewolf creatures, transform Ulrich, Krallenhorde Alpha.
>5/4

Too OP for the costing?
>>
File: geierreachbandit.jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
geierreachbandit.jpg
45 KB, 265x370
>>46302860
Here you go friendo.
I want him to do something big and exciting that doesn't explicitly rely on a tribe, I always find legendaries that are forcefully niche much more boring than powerful ones that allow both real and niche decks to be created using them.
>>
File: vildinpackalpha.jpg (49 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
vildinpackalpha.jpg
49 KB, 265x370
>>46303135
Apparently it didn't save the back half.
>>
>>46302860

Should be "Control two or more Human Werewolf Creatures" because 3 canines is when they start to form a pack.

I'd also make it so you can choose to transform your werewolves back into humans, rather than straight up making them not transform, just so you have the utility that the human side can provide.
>>
SO FUCKING HYPED FOR WEREWOLVES OVER INNISTRAD
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAIL ULRICH
>>
>>46300839
You faggots got a fucking planeswalker, fuck off already
>>
>>46305643
Planeswalker that couldn't be a commander yes
>>
>>46300839

Personally I can't wait fora new WU Geist of Saint Thalia
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.