[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Animal Cracker Interest Group invited you to a quick brunch,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: animal-cracker-identifier1.jpg (99 KB, 885x567) Image search: [Google]
animal-cracker-identifier1.jpg
99 KB, 885x567
The Animal Cracker Interest Group invited you to a quick brunch, which consisted mostly of tea, animal crackers, and a slice of cantaloupe.

While sipping your tea, the ACIG representative explains she wants you to help bring Animal Crackers into the tabletop world. They've tried to do so by using them as dice, as miniatures, and as rewards for good players, but none of these were particularly good ideas, and they did little to improve the sale of their product. With no one else to turn to, they came to you for your expertise.

What they need is some way to make 13 edible tokens into either its own standalone game, or as some facet of a larger game. She throws out a few suggestions, like using them to track different types of power points players can spend, or to represent single-use summoning spells. Ideally, it would be versatile enough to enable the potential addition or removal of certain animals, and would also be relatively easy for young children to understand.

Recognizing this as your chance to impress the ACIG and to finally make your way into their ranks in order to infiltrate the organization and find out whether or not the elusive president really is responsible for killing your father, you realize that you need to submit a really great idea.
>>
>>46290637
Edible miniatures, duh.

Could sell in pre-made adventure packs. Buy module + associated pack of crackers and you're ready to run a session. And have something to eat when your players kill them.
Or your players if the party gets wiped.

My father will be avenged.
>>
>>46290637
>The Animal Cracker Interest Group invited you to a quick brunch, which consisted mostly of tea, animal crackers, and a slice of cantaloupe.
>
>While sipping your tea, the ACIG representative explains she wants you to help bring Animal Crackers into the tabletop world. They've tried to do so by using them as dice, as miniatures, and as rewards for good players, but none of these were particularly good ideas, and they did little to improve the sale of their product. With no one else to turn to, they came to you for your expertise.
This sounds like a NationStates issue.

Admit it, you all played it at one point.
>>
>>46290901
Was pretty fun tho [spoiler/]
>>
ANIMAL CRACKER MONOPOLY
>>
ANIMAL CRACKER CHECKERS
>>
A skirmish combat game with constructs or robots that keep fighting (at degraded capacity) even after losing limbs and heads. To model "what you see is what you get" damage players bite off arms, legs, weapons, heads and put them back on the table.

Game play is on small poster style maps with 2.5D terrain. Think heroquest where doors, furniture and treasure are modeled in 3D but most of board is 2D.

Crackers are sold in warbands with bases similar to Hero clicks. New maps with every box.

You would constantly have to buy new "miniatures". Perminate bases keep food from touching table.

I think this could really be a thing. Might have to be dumbed down and marketed toward 10 year old boys.
>>
>>46290637
wuxia fighting game. each round you determine which animal fighting style you're using, which grants different bonuses [cow style has a nasty charge attack, donkey focuses exclusively on kicks, goat style is about leaping acrobatics and environmental destruction etc]
>>
File: Dou_shou_qi_board.png (292 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
Dou_shou_qi_board.png
292 KB, 500x636
animal checkers?
>>
Animal cracker card game where you compete against an opponent by drawing a hand of five cards, selecting two cards each, and revealing them to each other at the same time. The player with the lowest-value cards averaged gets to choose which cards "fight" which. Surviving cards (equal values draw) remain on the field, and every time you try to add cards to the field beyond three you choose one of the new ones to discard instead.
Each player choose a set number of crackers from their possession before play, and can eat (or remove from play) these crackers throughout the game to give their ranks different temporary advantages against the enemy. Either player may use these powers at any time.
With this game's release the animal cracker producers could optionally make a pack of new animals of varying rarity. Not only could this game be played with minimal parts easily included in a special animal cracker box, it would also push people to buy more crackers than they usually might. Even if they choose not to eat the crackers they'll go bad eventually. The company could even take advantage of this later on with overpriced metal and/or plastic versions.
>>
>>46292249
The important thing is they keep additional rules simple. The whole game should be describable on a single rules card.
Oh also playing cards bore kids but trading cards sometimes don't. Try making a set of cards varying in value or power (though each box should contain the same ones) unique to the game.
>>
File: cestreeshock.jpg (163 KB, 330x500) Image search: [Google]
cestreeshock.jpg
163 KB, 330x500
>>46291431
>the ACIG has roots all the way down to ancient China, and have been attempting to get into the traditional games market for hundreds of years
>>
>>46292721
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
>>
>>46290637
>While sipping your tea, the ACIG representative explains she wants you to help bring Animal Crackers into the tabletop world
The fuck is she doing sipping MY tea though? That makes at least one crime the ACIG stands to reckon for. If I find out they were also responsible for the death of my father their name will be wiped from existence, I swear by it.
>>
Use the animal crackers as Inspiration-like points to gain bonuses to different things.
When you would receive a bonus, take a random cracker. You can expend the cracker (and eat it) to gain a temporary bonus to a certain domain.
>bear -- strength
>buffalo -- ???
>camel -- endurance/survival
>cat -- deception
>cow -- health
>donkey -- will
>elephant -- intelligence/recollection
>goat -- agility, climbing
>hippo -- ????
>horse -- speed
>lion -- leadership
>rhino -- ????
>tiger -- stealth
I just need to come up with things for buffalo, hippo, and rhino. And, you know, the rest of the system.
>>
I make a copy of the pokemon card game except you need the card AND the cracker to play it. When you defeat an opponent animal you get to eat it to make sure he can't bring it in again.
>>
>>46290810
I like it.
>>
>>46297649
Hippos represent the all-important skill of Swimming, of course.
>>
>>46290637

I don't think this shit will help but..

I suddenly imagined that vidya, hand of fate, with the ominous dealer narrating the adventures and such, but instead of DMing for the rebel of dust, the player is a little girl.

Bear with me niggas, this is no wish fulfilment scenario.

This is not your average little girl either, she's tough and shit, probably someone whom he'd call "niece", and the focus of this deal is not to kill her or force her into combat as much as using a VR tutorial, he wants to teach her about the dangers of the world and it seems that her natural cleverness has been recombining with her newfound experience and she now has some idea on how to negotiate her way into a seedy place, sneak away from orcs and goblins, how to use fair deals to gain friends, and how to not be poisoned if in a court filled with hostiles. The other little girl inside the card realm is more like an avatar or alter ego of her that she's controlling.

And when he wants her to take a decision that seems too hard for her current level of thought to understand, one of the things he does is to produce magically a single animal cracker, animate it a little and ask her what the animal would do. And each animal represents a quality of spirit, a quality of mind, a quality of interaction, and a physical quality. The wise elephant may be old, but she never forgets those who have wronged or helped her, the horse is nervous, strong and fast; the hippo is always angry, but has the ability to weight the souls of men, and similar things.
>>
>>46303795

Once she has dominated a group of tasks that would give any number from 3 to 5 storylines and tokens to the rebel, she receives instead a magical animal cracker, once consumed releases a powerful spell that allows her to use "something" from that animal (not only the described qualities, but some extras, like the monkey for thievery and movement), but the way in which she earns them means that she already has a solid -if basic- understanding of how the magic works and the consequences of using it wrongly. There may also be tests that can only be solved by sacrificing a cracker, like using a beautiful bird to pacify an otherwise berserker enemy, or sacrificing a pig so that a family of 8 has food for the winter.

As eventually she'll need to fight anyway, she can be a summoner, "the uncle" gives her replicas of the cards she has defeated in a certain way, and those cards have their own expertise and opinions that in turn can open more pathways and shit.

Basically the edibles are a narrative booster / medium for divination / wild card that allows her to proggresively take control of her own story, until eventually not even the crackers are necessary in the latest iterations, as her acquired wisdom takes her place, and much to the surprise of the dealer, his own cards start changing as a result of the experience.

Twist is that while the president did not kill your father, he certainly is abusing the few magical crackers left which indirectly caused his death. You need to open his eyes enough for him to accept his punishment, and eventually inherit his power and responsibility.
>>
monster crackers
>>
Why animal crackers?
>>
>>46306358
Why not?
>>
>>46302603
I took Swimming once. My DM thought we all did.
Our little ship only had one survivor.
>>
>>46306358
There are a bunch of them, but not too many, and they don't leave shit on your hands when you eat them at the table
>>
>>46291431
let's play
kekekeke
>>
>Take two random cookies
>bite the head off one, the body off the other
>stick them together
>this is now the monster you are facing
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.