[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest | Chapter XXXIV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: HouseMalroy.png (321 KB, 444x649) Image search: [Google]
HouseMalroy.png
321 KB, 444x649
Welcome to A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest. In which you take the reins of a House of storied glorious past since Aegon’s Conquering, but whose fortunes have taken a turn for the worse in the doom that Robert’s Rebellion brought. You are Brynden Malroy, second son to Lord Vamos Malroy and Lady Esemella Hayford and the last living heir to Steadhold and House Malroy. The year is 285AC, two years after the Rebellion and a year after your return to Westeros.

House Malroy is a pre-genned House designed around the idea of a story within the Crownlands of a House fiercely loyal to the Targaryens and their attempts to live in this new world after Robert’s Rebellion. Lord Brynden Malroy is as well pre-genned but will take direction from the players in his ways and how he develops himself further. This Quest will be moderately more story driven than others of its kind, but the development of the House and her lands will take just as much importance.

If you’ve played one of the many Quests within the ASoIaF setting the rules of the SIFRP system should be known. I will be using the Game of Thrones edition, as well as a few of the expansions namely OOSP and a few house rules which will be explained as we come to them. If you have questions about how things work or why certain actions are taken I can explain them as we go along. In truth this is a learning experience for me as well.

Google Documents Mastersheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WiZG5xtDqbQKI31IIbqNb4zTmooivb0Ns_J6EatgWgY/edit?usp=sharing

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RevengeGoldQM

Ask.FM

https://m.ask.fm/RevengeGoldQM

SIFRPG Resources:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP

Archive:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=House%20Malroy

And now without further ado.
>>
The grand hall was quiet, preparations were being made for the night’s feast, but for the moment, it is as silent as a Sept mouse. Jonos, Olyver and Worsh had seen to it that the servants were cleared before leaving off themselves, Jonos had been the only one of your current garrison to remember the shield mounting, having seen your parent’s wedding. It was an old Malroy tradition, going as far back as Ser Aeson Malroy. As you entered the grand hall you cast an eye to the left, your ancestors shield hung alone, his wife had been common born woman of Dragonstone, no more a dragonlord than he. The golden courser raced towards your seat, as you walked it looked a stampede of history. You see Houses of the Crownlands, the Riverlands, remembering times when your family were friends with those in the west and the stormlands. Remembering old allies during the Dance, the Blackfyre Rebellions, the Velaryons and Celtigars both. You even pause a moment to note the moment your purple was slashed with black, the Targaryens shield hanging ever proudly for the occasion.

To your side Obella walks, her pace matching your own as you take the moment to remember. It was funny, this was Donold’s walk, he was suppose to be the Lord. Your own shield would have been remembered had you done something great, Ser Landor the Burnt’s shield spoke to as much, the white shield of the Kingsguard hung next to it. But all the same, you did not feel wrong in this, not anymore. You continue your approach, noting how small your family had become, it was always a thought in the back of your mind, but it hadn’t truly become a reality until you saw it. Ser Dontos Malroy stood to the left of your seat, his sister Isabella Malroy by his side, to the right on your seat stood Isis Malroy, holding her belly with one hand, the other running fingers through your Victus’ hair. Stopping before the chair you feel Obella clutch your arm, it was hard to describe the shield mounting. It was tradition.
>>
Your Uncle steps forward, his armor echoing throughout the empty hall, “Are you ready nephew?”

You pause, and look to Obella who only nods, “Yes.”

Dontos sighs, looking to his sister who folds her hands and comes to his side, “Your father once told me that this would be Donold’s place. He loved his children, dearly and when you left, it broke him. It was your place to be by his side. To be his arm when he could not muster the strength. To be his word when could do no more than whisper. I agreed with him. My sister agreed with him. Your parents, may the Seven rest their souls, they were wroth, saddened, broken. But they gave up hope you would return.”

Dontos stops, looking to the floor, his spoke of a storm as they met the ground and then you again.

“And you did. I can say now, your father, your mother, they would have been proud of you Brynden. Vamos… H-he would be smiling, his words placed better than mine, your mother, she… She…”

“She would have cried but beamed like the sun,” Isabella finishes.

“Yes, she would have,” Dontos finishes, “What you’ve become Brynden has done our family, those here and no longer, proud. You are what a Malroy should aspire to be,” your uncle looks to Isabella who nods and breaks off to the side of your seat, taking the shield of House Hayford in hand, while Dontos takes your father’s shield in his own, they remove them together, holding them firm against their arms, “You are the Lord of House Malroy. Before the eyes of the generation past, and those of the now. Before the eyes of Gods and men.”

Isis prompts Victus with a slight pat upon his back, he turns and picks up a shield, carefully placing it into your sister’s hands before taking the other himself. They walk down alongside one another, Isis holding your shield, Victus, Obella’s. They present them to you, your sister with tears in her eyes, Victus nothing more than his lopsided smile.
>>
“You are my Lord,” Isis whispers.

“And you my Lady,” Victus follows.

Taking the shields in hand you make your way up to the dial, breaking before your seat, Dontos looks eyes with you for a moment and nods. There was pride in those eyes, not just of spoken word but of heartfelt meaning. You look up, hefting the weight of the shield to one side and lifting it in a fluid motion, Obella following your actions though somewhat more clumsily, you find the hook and allow the shield to rest, Obella’s not soon after.

“A new generation of Malroy’s starts here Brynden. With you. Forever eyes forward. Ride unto the Sunset,” Dontos says as you walk to your chair, Obella again coming to your side.

“Ride unto the Sunset,” you repeat in a hushed tone and taking your seat, Obella her own next to you. A golden stampede meets your eyes, rushing towards your place, the cumulation of years. The fate of a House, resting upon your shoulders. A heavy weight, an unforgettable burden, but a good one all the same. And no matter how long it took, your family would be complete again.

---

Lucas throws his arms out in victory, pumping one as he let’s loose his splintered lance, the crowd are on their feet, as they always were for the new hometown favorite, cheering and yelling for the opening round of the Tourney. The Tourney would span only two days, the first round being during the reception, the second dedicated to the entire day tomorrow. It was a Tourney in honor of your wedding, for your Queen of Love and Beauty, your wife. Five Champions had been chosen to represent your House and her honor. First, and most obviously, Ser Dontos Malroy, the Black Knight. It was rare for him to compete, Lords and Knights came from all over just for a chance against him. The first to knock his shield a Ser Fossoway, and he met his end upon the ground in a single pass.
>>
Your cousins Ser Wesley Hayford and Lord Archie Benedorn were also among them, each taking their first opponent with ease. Wesley looked a man determined, his eyes no longer spoke of the boy you had met in King’s Landing a year ago. Meanwhile Archie was a surprisingly good hand at this, he teetered in and out of his seat more than once, but all the same came out on top. Lord Quentyn Qorgyle also took his first round with ease, a Knight of Lady Tully’s routine meeting the dirt in two lances. And of course lastly, was Ser Lucas Longwaters, Mason had originally been your choice, but he turned down the offer, having insisted upon competing instead. All in all there was somewhere between 100 and 200 Knights gathered. The rounds went relatively quickly barring an even match and several broken lances with all five passes occurring at once.

The five champions return to their places before your grandstand, each nodding their respects as they pass by. Upon each you see the favor of your wife, ribbons of red and black tangled with ribbons of purple and gold, beyond that each wore a personal favor. Lucas the grey and red of his wife, Archie the green of Lady Estermont, Quentyn the blue, white and hold of his wife Lady Obara Santagar, Dontos, amusingly, wore the green and white of Lady Alexes Chelsted, and lastly Wesley wore the brown and white of House Brune. You had watched him approach the booth where Lord Eustace Brune and his daughter Lady Cassana were sitting, and receiving her favor. You had spoken to him of marriage to the girl, that it would bind the alliance beyond reproach but had expected to broker it yourself. It appeared after the catastrophe with Samuel, Wesley was taking a more direct approach. One you appreciated greatly.
>>
The next round of challengers approach, each picking their quarries amongst your champions. Another young Knight of House Fossoway challenges your Uncle, Ser Byrron Royce challenging Lucas, Knights of House Blackwood and House Bracken Quentyn and Wesley respectively, and a Ser Stevron Staunton challenges Archie last. They each take their place and you watch with eager eyes, it was an amusing thing. You were dreadful at jousting, always had been, fantastic rider, knew how to use a lance, but if it wasn’t combat you would be damned if you could unseat your opponent. Better to enjoy than to compete. Not to mention you had quite a few people that wished your ear and more than a few things to do in the small time you had it. Lady Lysa Tully being here was certainly a benefit you couldn’t pass up. Though at least now, you had Obella by your side, she was definitely a far better listener than yourself, likely a better judge of character, and being a spy for the Prince of Dorne likely had its benefits. It was good to have her by your side to help, wherever she could.

Obella pats your hand, as if reading your thoughts and eyes towards the back of your grandstand. Well if she was ready to deal with them, then so were you.

Who to speak with?
>Lady Lysa Tully regarding your sister
>Lord Eustace Brune regarding the Crackclaw Point Alliance
>Saul Compton & Septon Tytos regarding news from King's Landing
>>
holy fuck
it is here
>>
>>46290639

Weird duo, but I'm curious.
>>
>>46290639
>>Lady Lysa Tully regarding your sister

>Sept mouse
I Laughed

Sup dad?
>>
>>46290639
>>Lady Lysa Tully regarding your sister
Want to keep her away from Redfuck as much as possible. Also Happy Easter ya farkin HEATHEN DAD! Haha I joke.
>>
>>46290639
>>
>>46290639

Woo Father!
>>

ain't going to talk with bitch
>>
Happy Easter dad, thanks for running, now I have something to do while I wait on Easter dinner
>>
>>46290639
>Lady Tully
>>
Happy Easter everyone, good to see you all as usual.

>>46290731
I've done that one before, glad you appreciate it though. I try to make all my sayings "westerosi appropriate".

On that note, I've thrown in a couple nods and references to the other ASoIaF quests during the Tourney. Let's see if anyone picks them out.
>>
Read back on the whole archie of 32 threads the past 2 days, love the quest!

>>46290639
>>Saul Compton & Septon Tytos regarding news from King's Landing
>>
>>46290639

Saul comptom and septon first,

But Tully immediately afterwards. Honestly we probably already pissed her off by not having a word with her as it is.
>>
>>46290995
I'm sure we talked to her off screen, she was seated close to us during the feast
>>
>>46291047
>>46290794

Honestly, the fact that we haven't come to her imperial majesty expecting a boon?

Why , it must mean that we don't think she has any political capital or is worthless! The Nerve of this Malroy. I'll be sure to talk to Jon about THIS!
>>
>>46291080
witness me, Lysa Tully will die by fingers of her love
>>
>>46291080
But we would be asking Tully for a boon, why would we not ask and leave Isis in Redward's hands? I thought this vote was who to talk to first
>>
>>46291130

highlighting the fact that we haven't done so yet.

Any insult, percieved or otherwise, is gonna be magnified to the point of ridiculousness by this broad.

And she is very touchy about status as it is.
>>
>>46291176

And better yet, if we talk to her first and then subtly imply that we are gonna talk to the Dornish woman next about something not as important, it makes it seem like we came to her first about it and about something of greater importance.

Making it seem like she's the badder bitch around.

Stroking her ego.

I know anons don't like to Baelish it around here, but this is standard fare.
>>
>>46291226
ITT: Baelish has pencil prick
>>
>>46291226
>I know anons don't like to Baelish it around here

Because /tg/ is fucking awful at being little finger. It always ends up pathetic and retarded.
>>
>>46291292
I believe

"Littlefingers retarded cousin" is used
>>
>>46291226
I rather like that we don't act like little finger, we'd suck at it.
>>
“Isis?” You call to your sister sat before you, who looks back curiously.

“Yes brother?”

“Victus had wished to see you this afternoon. He hoped to take you for a tour of the Tourney grounds. If you are able.”

Isis gives you a sidelong look, “I am always able Brynden. Where is he?”

“Here I am aunty,” Victus says popping up behind you. He was actually the only one you had let in on your little plan. Lysa Tully was known to be a rather emotional person. Something you thought you could use to your advantage, it was a long shot. A particularly difficult one at that. But it might keep Isis safe if you could pull it off. Victus was your distraction, you didn’t particularly want your sister to know what you were doing. Not yet at least.

Isis takes your son’s hand, allowing him to help her up. He smiles and waves towards the Princess Arianne Martell before leading your sister off, with as delicate a step as an excited 9 year old could be at least. You ruffle his hair as he passes by and Obella eyes you oddly.

“Something you did not wish for her to here?”

“Probably than a little something, I need to speak to Lysa Tully.”

Obella responds with a flat face, “That woman is insufferable. Do not think I missed the way she looks at you.”

You wave for Jonos to come over and whisper in his ear to collect Lady Tully and bring her here before replying, “It is for my sister Obella. I think… I think I can persuade Lysa Tully to add her to her court. Keep her out of harm’s way when she gives birth and out of reach of that bloody bastard.”

Obella plays with her fingernail nervously, “Brynden, her moods are as dangerous as she is insufferable. Do not ask favors of her lightly. I fear what they may bring in the future.”
>>
You do not respond, it is good advice, but all the same you must take the chance. Your eyes follow the first tilt instead, Dontos again unseats his challenger in a single pass. Apparently he was hungry for apples today, a shame Benjin could not see it. Lucas, Wesley, Quentyn and Archie all go for a second pass. Broken lances and miss shots all around. Wesley slams his lances into the ground, Orion quick to hand him another and he was off again, rushing his opponent like a madman. His lances crashes into Ser Bracken’s chest and cleanly unhorses the man. Wesley’s charge only ending when he can turn his head enough to see his opponent in the dirt.

“My Lord, Lady Lysa Tully of House Arryn,” Jonos says with a short bow.

You stand to greet her, you had decided to reserve the grandstand for family and direct relatives, at least for the reception. Lady Tully and Mellario had received private boxes to either side. It was a dangerous game balancing the two women. You lean down for a kiss upon her ring, signs of respect, you could use all the points you could get, “My Lady, so good to see you again. I trust you are faring well?”

“Fine enough Lord Malroy. My husband had spoken, at length, about your Steedhall was it?”

“Steadhold, my Lady,” Obella corrects from her seat.

Lysa Tully gives her a thin look before passing back to you, “Yes Steadhold. It is… Lovely," she says with as fake a smile as you have ever seen, "My husband must love it for some reason.”
>>
“Your words humble my Lady, “ you respond offering her a seat, “I d believe your Ser Byrron is competing now, please sit my Lady. If you would do me the honor.” You can quickly feel this is going to be a far more more difficult task but all the same she sits next to you, gathering herself up and looking over to see Ser Byrron reading for his next pass against Lucas. Quentyn had unhorsed his Blackwood opponent as your back was turned and Obella smiles as he does a small lap in celebration while Lady Tully frowns at her two Knights losing. Archie and Ser Staunton however were still going at it as you spoke, 3 broken lances a piece.

You were not sure of your approach now, a touchy subject to bring up, even more so with her quills out like this. Obella seems immediately far more annoyed with the woman than willing to deal with her, and you take it you're on your own for most of this.

>Butter Lysa Tully up a bit before delving into the topic at hand
>Just go straight for the kill
>>
Any chance we could tell our knights that if one of them were to win they have to make Lysa Tully the queen of love and beauty ?

The knight will ofcourse be compensated,,
>>46291462
>>
>>46291462
>>Butter Lysa Tully up a bit before delving into the topic at hand
We need her to keep our sister safe. We can suffer through her presence if we can help our sister
>>
>>46291462
>>
>>46291462
Normally most people would appreciate cutting to the chase. Lysa Tully is not one of those people
>>
>>46291462
Butter up that whale
>>
>>46291462
>>
>>46291462

Butter
>>
File: Damn_20620a_972013.jpg (455 KB, 641x2614) Image search: [Google]
Damn_20620a_972013.jpg
455 KB, 641x2614
>>46291659
White whale, holy grail
>>
>>46291727
Wildlings
>>
>>46291659
I always forget she's supposed to be pudgy. The actress who plays her seems is really gaunt and severe looking
>>
>>46291821
but the funbag was quite plump
>>
>>46290639
>House Bracken
Aww shit, here comes the cops
>>
>>46291936
Time to arrest people for being drunk!
>>
File: Moondoor.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Moondoor.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>46291821
Not big enough.
>>
>>46291936
House Brachen not Bracken mate.
>>
File: House Brachen's Justice!.jpg (87 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
House Brachen's Justice!.jpg
87 KB, 760x596
>>46292033
If it was House Brachen everyone would had already been arrested or killed for whatever crime they did.
>>
>>46291176
Isn't this before Sweet Robin and all her failed pregnancies? She should at least be tolerable before then.
>>
>>46292054
We comitted no crime! At least not yeet.
>>
>>46292086
I think she was always kinda fat.
>>
>>46292096
Chubby at the very least.
>>
You were the Lord, but sometimes... The sellsword needed to come out. He was better with women, particularly those that you needed a favor from. Obella intertwines her fingers with yours, a soft clink of your rings bringing a smile to your face. Enough to put courage upon your lips, though usually wine was your go to for that feeling. Being sober was an odd change of late.

Byrron and Lucas go for another pass, breaking lances to put each at 4. Lucas sways in his seat but maintains his balance long enough to get back to Grant Conklyn and the other squires. You see him shake his head, and dropping his lance with a solid thud, but is quick to amp the crowd up again with his arms. A moment after however, you hear a crash, a deafening sound and the crowd gasps. Your cousin, Archie Benedorn is in a lump upon the ground, his horse going on wildly. Ser Stevron Staunton is left seated upon his horse, he does not celebrate, instead only pointing his lance towards your grandstand, his dark grey arm hardly catching the sun, his helmet winged as its only ornament. Well, one champion down. Rather quickly to boot.

Lysa Tully is however in a fit of giggles, looking over her you see your Aunt Isabella giving her the death stare of a lifetime. Archie manages to gather himself long enough to limp off the field under his own power, and your Aunt decides to go see him.

“I had thought better of Malroy stock, Lord Malroy,” Lysa Tully says through her giggles.

“A cousin my Lady. And a favor done to my Aunt, Ser Stevron-”

“Is one of mine,” she interrupts, smiling, “He serves the King. Goes where he goes. I convinced my husband to allow me to bring him along. For protection of course. Your bandit problems are worrying Lord Malroy.”

You watch the squires and pages take down Archie’s banner and shield, replacing it with that of House Staunton. Use things to your advantage, take what you can get, “You have quite the eye for talent my Lady.”
>>
“I would say so,” she responds puffing herself up, you can almost feel Obella’s eyes roll, “Your Ser Lucas is likely to see that soon enough as well.”

“I am sure my Lady,” though you doubted it profusely, “Indeed it might be said not only are your Knights talented, but all the stronger still for serving the Lady of the Eyrie, fighting for honor, bound by oath to crown her the Queen of Love and Beauty. I dare say your loveliness is enough to inspire, my own men surely fear to face such determination.”

“As well they should Lord Malroy. No doubt I will be crowned such come tomorrow’s eve,” she says a smile having creeped upon her face. Obella flicks her fingernail off your ring, and you can feel her annoyance.

Lucas and Byrron break another lance upon one another, though this time Ser Byrron goes teetering, just barely managing to skin the cat and keep himself in his saddle. He was a talented one, that is certain, but for some odd reason you felt Lucas was putting on a show, his lance was higher than it should have been. And he was seated far too high in his saddle.

“Certainly my Lady, and what an honor it would be for my House to play host to such an event.”
>>
Lysa Tully picks at a crabcake that had been left for the reception, delighting in the decadence of it. She smiles again at you having plopped it into her mouth and chewing on it loudly. Again the crowd begins to roar as Lucas and Byrron face off with one another. Though this time, Lucas’ lance hits home, splintering as it pushes through Byrron’s shoulder, the Knight loses his balance, his lance falling and gets caught in the stirrups. His horse dragging him along until his squire catches it. The crowd laughs, but you can see concern in the way Lucas rounds and looks to his opponent high in his saddle. Byrron pushes his squire off uselessly, enough to show he still has life in him though crashes to ground shortly after his squire unties him, much to the crowd’s amusement again.

Lysa Tully’s face turns sour immediately, she folds her arms in a huff, and she turns to you, “Your Knight played unfair.”

“I told you,” Obella whispers to your side, flicking your ring with her nail again.

Moods that changed like the wind, bloody hell this woman was difficult.

>Defend Lucas Longwaters
>Agree to placate her, any advantage you could take
>Ignore it, move on, you still had enough to keep her on your side
>>
>>46292096
No I mean, her mental state should be okay and not nearly as unhinged post Sweet Robin, so she should be at least tolerable
>>
>>46292166

I think it would be best just to ignore it. She may make demands of us if we agree and i rather not piss her off by disagreeing.
>>
>>46292166
>>Agree to placate her, any advantage you could take

Fuck her to the end
>>
>>46292166
>ignore it
This fucking woman.

>Ser Staunton
He won the Melee at Bordain's wedding right? I feel like I remember that name
>>
>>46292166
>>
>>46292166
>>Ignore it, move on, you still had enough to keep her on your side
Jesus I forgot what a vapid bint she was.
>>
>>46292166
>>
>>46292166
>>
>>46292166
>>
>>46292166

Dad I'm going to need you to stop nailing this character so hard. I want to not hate her literally every update.
>>
>>46292166
>Ignore it

Padre, you capture her perfectly. Too bad it's all ugly
>>
I want brynden to hate fuck lysa tully while obella watches
>>
>>46292363
First rule of everything forever:

Don't stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>46292363
No.
>>
Btw, is the problem on seed or on soil?
>>
>>46292278
I almost don't want to read us sucking up to her but shit man our sister could die if we leave her in Redward's hands. This situation is a shit sandwich
>>
>>46292409
I feel like that's Father's specialty. It's those hard pills Brynden has to swallow to save his family and House that make ever accomplishment feel important.

I totally knew this was going to happen too.
>>
>>46292166
>>
>>46292363
Ah man, with our luck with women, the Tully fertility combined with Brynden's would lead to Lysa being pregnant with twins or triplets. Bleughh
>>
Move on, move on, move on. Not worth allowing her to get a raise out of you. Bloody Seven Hells small wonder Lord Arryn hardly spent time with the woman. You merely shrug, passing the blame off the best you can. Obella squeezes your hand when Lady Tully huffs again, allowing herself to take another crabcake to calm herself. Or at least that is what you guess that is what it is about. Your Champions take their places before the grandstand again, Ser Stevron Staunton pauses before you and bows his head. His eyes switch to Lysa Tully, and he places his lance in her general direction.

“My Lady, may I have your favor. And ride in your honor?” He calls in a gruff tone.

From the side of your eye you can see Lady Tully light up with glee, clapping her hands together, and untying the ribbons of grey and blue from her wrist. She gets up and more so waddles over to the edge and ties them upon his lance and blowing him a kiss for good luck. Seven above, is what you swear you can hear Dontos say, and you lip to yourself. She comes back and plops down next to you again, this time taking a chicken wing covered in Essosi spice rub and nibbling on it gently. She screws her face up at the heat and places it down, demanding wine from a page nearby. And you find yourself having to squeeze Obella’s hand to get her to stop laughing under her breath.

“Eating for two they say,” Lysa Tully remarks as she halfway drains her cup, and snapping her fingers for more, “When are you due my dear?”

Obella looks over you, and smiles pleasantly at her, “In two months my Lady.”

“Only two more? You look thin as a beanpole dear. I am only four months in and I swear I have doubled my weight. You must be famished.”

“More like tripled,” you can feel Obella’s expression say as it flattens again, “I thank you for your concern Lady Tully, but I am quite fine.”

“Then some wine perhaps? You’ve no color in your face my dear, terrible with your complexion.”
>>
Your wife’s fingernail flicks off your ring again and her face tightens, “As you say my Lady.”

“Speaking of pregnancy,” you say swooping in for the save, “My sister Isis. Is due any week now my Lady.”

“She certainly looks it Lord Malroy,” Lysa Tully responds draining her cup. Your Champions have received their next challengers. Dontos is against a Knight of House Melcolm, a Vale House. You’d need to be quick to keep up with Lady Tully’s good mood for the moment.

You clear your throat, in an attempt to begin again, “Yes quite my Lady. I do worry for her condition however,” Lady tully gives you a sidelong look and you continue, “Her home, Redwatch Tower, I hear rumor does not have a Maester or midwives suitable enough to accommodate for her. And children, well, they are everything would you not agree my Lady?”

“Yes Lord Malroy, I would. Such delicate creatures…”

“Very my Lady. Sight and sound could scar them for life. The dangers of a birth without the proper personnel on hand. Well I am certain I do not need to tell someone of such knowledge and esteem.”

She ruffles herself up again, going from three chins to two, a marginal improvement, “Certainly not my Lord! I am very aware, you sister has she expressed concern for her children?”

“To say such would be a lie my Lady. But I know my family, my sister. Words are wind, when you can feel things such as this, feel it in your heart even. You have an elder brother yes, I am sure you know him better than he knows himself.”

“I- ahem. Yes, Lord Malroy. I understand what you mean entirely. But what do you intend to do?”

“Me my Lady? Nothing, for I find myself with bound hands. The concern I share for my sister, immeasurable. But alas I can do nothing but gnash my teeth at the end of my rope.”

“A pity Lord Mal-”
>>
“However! My Lady, in your grace and understanding of my plight and my dear sister’s. I would ask of you a favor. A boon even from one so high as yourself. My sister, she could not say upon her own but she adores you,” that was a lie, “And wishes to spend more than just the week with you here. Perhaps even attend you in court my Lady? Where there are those that can take care of her and her delicate newborns. Mayhaps in time befriend your own child? As all child need friends at such a tender age, yes? I would be forever in your debt my Lady.”

Lysa Tully studies your face for a moment, her own having gone red from the flattery. You would need to do an amount of damage control later, but best to ask forgiveness than permission in this regard. She would be safe there, out of his hands. Even if it meant you indebted yourself to a woman with the whims of the wind.

Roll 4d6 for Charm.

Feel disgusted with yourself yet?
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 6, 4 = 18 (4d6)

>>46292975
This has to succeed, we've sacrificed all of our dignity for it.
>>
Rolled 6, 2, 4, 4 = 16 (4d6)

>>46292975
VERY.
>>
Rolled 4, 6, 5, 5 = 20 (4d6)

>>46292975
>>
>>46292975
>Feel disgusted with yourself yet?

She's the lesser of two evils, so not really.
>>
>>46292989
>>46292996
>>46293003
>those fucking rolls

Jesus. Okay then, at least your dignity was spent well.
>>
>>46293028
???????????????????????? Happy I didn't roll highest there dad?
>>
>“Only two more? You look thin as a beanpole dear. I am only four months in and I swear I have doubled my weight. You must be famished.”

>“Then some wine perhaps? You’ve no color in your face my dear, terrible with your complexion.”

Dis bitch.
>>
>>46292975
>Feel disgusted with yourself yet?
goddamn dad
>>
>>46293125
If this was a tv show we would cut to obellas mind in which she imagines herself clawing out lysas eyes
>>
>>46293022
Yeah, this sucks but if a favor and some pride can keep Isis safe while we war with Shitward it'll be worth it
>>
>>46293212
Yeah really. I feel like we would sacrifice alot more than some pride for our sister
>>
>>46293212
And then after we wipe out shitstain we can pick her up and be a happy family.
>>
>>46293421
Happiness depends on how attached to her kid she is. I'm not super hateful towards the child, he didn't choose to get made.
>>
>>46293446
SEVEN DAMN IT, LET'S NOT GET INTO THE INFANTICIDE DISCUSSION AGAIN
>>
>>46293489
What? I'm not talking about killing the kid. I'm trying to figure out how much Brynden will hold against him.
>>
Success, two degrees.

“You say she is fond of me you say?” Lady Tully asks softly, almost nervously.

“Overly fond my Lady.”

“And she would attend me at Court?”

“Happily. No doubt a position of much envy from King’s Landing to the Vale to the Riverlands. When she is able of course my Lady, as you understand her current condition.”

“Oh yes, yes of course Lord Malroy. Perfectly…” she trails off as the first pass is made, Dontos and Ser Melcolm shatter a lance a piece and for that you are thankful for once. Lady Tully’s mood keeps and you continue to push.

“I only ask of you consider my Lady. For my sister, the children. Only by your grace would I feel the concern in my heart at ease.”

Lysa Tully picks up a lemon square, no wait, three, and begins to plop them in her mouth one by one, no doubt in deep thought. However deep that may be was up for debate. You nervously watch as Dontos and Ser Melcolm make a second pass, again breaking their lances and keeping an even score. Lucas has defeated his opponent, actually one of your own Ser Geoff Redwaters. And Wesley had finished his opponent off, a Dornishmen in the first pass, though he looks to be favoring his shoulder now. Quentyn and Stevron however are continuing onto a third pass, against a man of House Webber and Ser Jon Pyle respectively.

“Lord Malroy, I would gladly take your dear sister along with me,” Lady Tully says through a mouth full of lemon square. She washes it away with another half a glass of wine before continuing, “Though I will say it is no easy thing for me to do. As I understand it, her husband expects her back within the week. And I cannot dream of separating a man from his children. I would need substantial reason from you my Lord.”

And reason meant favor.

“Anything my Lady.”
>>
She leans over, with a grunt, and gets close to your ear, “I would like two things in return for my good grace Lord Malroy. First, a favor in the future, as you said my children will need friends in the future my Lord. And I can see you are a family man and care dearly for your own, but allow me to do one better. A child of yours to be fostered in the Eyrie, in the future of course my Lord, whether girl or boy. Though I am sure my dear boy would like a boy to play with.”

You can feel Obella’s grip tighten immediately.

“Second,” she adds, pausing for effect as Ser Stevron dismounts Ser Pyle in an incredible display of prowess, her eyes fill with glee as her champions rounds and she turns to you, a crooked smile, “I want to win.”

She pulls back and flattens her skirts, oooing at a fresh plate of treats, blackberry squares this time and picking up more than a few and standing, with a degree of effort you would expect of Noraro Aros, “Think about it my Lord. But be quick. The Tourney is over tomorrow. Good day Lord and Lady Malroy. It was a lovely a wedding.”

And with that she leaves off, and you deflate, promises of children you yet again did not have. It sat poorly in your stomach. And by Obella’s grip upon your hand you could feel it was just the same for her. Dontos finally unhorses Ser Melcolm and you let out a sigh of relief, thank the Seven Dontos had trouble for once. As much as you disliked it the thought was not to be dwelled upon not much at least for the moment. You still need speak to others or those still here, you think as Obella flicks your ring again.

>Speak with Obella about what just happened and her feelings on it
>Speak with Lord Eustace Brune about the Crackclaw Point Alliance
>Speak with Saul Compton and Septon Tytos about news from King’s Landing

Basically the roll kept Dontos from ruining her mood and knocking off one of the favors she was going to ask of you.
>>
>>46293625
>>Speak with Obella about what just happened and her feelings on it

Fuck me
>>
>>46293625
>>
>>46293625
>>Speak with Lord Eustace Brune about the Crackclaw Point Alliance
>>
>>46293625
>Speak with wifey

Padre, fucking hell. You are an ass
>>
>>46293690
And he was worried for a while about making the game "easy"
>>
>>46293625
>>
>>46293625
Well, unfortunately CANON, but from what we'd know IC there are certainly worse things than having our kid grow up with a future lord paramount.
Consider the last set of kids who grew up together in the Eyrie.
>>
>>46293625
>>
>>46293625
>>
>>46293625
"Page, wine!"
>>
>>46293625
FCUKING BITCH!!! IF SHE WANTS A CHILD SEND HER A DAMN COMMON BORN! SHE WILL NOT TOUCH ME OR MINE WITH HER TAINT!
>>
>>46293768
this
I want to say FUCK, NO but there are no real good reasons IC
We should definitely speak with Isis if before doing all this bullshit to see what she thinks about it
>>
>Victus 2.0 gets to bro it up with Bordain's twin.
>>
>>46293852
We have a bastard we could send no?
>>
>>46293923
True but even then I'm leary of her infecting them with her madness.
>>
>>46293861
Here's the thing, giving Isis leave to speak after we tell her the terms mean she might resolve to tell us no and stay with Redward. As mean as this may seem, better to keep her out of this decision
>>
Sucks that it's the crazy Tully one who asked that, but that child being a ward of a Lord Paramount would give the House mad influence. It would also explain why Brynden will not take a side when the war of the 5 kings launch.
>>
>>46293923
besides isn't Victus way too old, Lysa still have to loose a couple of childs
>>
Sending a kid as ward doesn't means it gets shipped off as soon as it leaves the womb. it takes a while so Brynden could play it smart and pace the 5 childrens he so wanted by a 3/5 years each.

Just send the 2nd to Sunspear and say Doran asked us 1st.
>>
>>46293973
I'd agree if she was a retard but I don't see a reason not to let her know
>>46293981
we're building our own influence, with blackjack and hookers
>>
>>46293852
Nah, as fucked as this, a noble child as ward to a Lord Paramount would gain us influence, so it's not a complete loss
>>
File: House_Frey.png (63 KB, 571x629) Image search: [Google]
House_Frey.png
63 KB, 571x629
What seems to be the problem here? Pop Walder would have already cut open Obella and given the fetus to Lyssa if she had offered him this deal.

Though the win thing is a sound and resolute NOPE, either her knights wins by the number thus proving that they are the best; need to play the chivalrous thing and play the "muh honor" thing Arryn got going.
>>
Before you can get a word out Obella turns to you, “You cannot possibly trust her, do you? That woman is mad. She is the wife of the man that was so willing to throw you to the wolves just for ‘peace’. Brynden, please tell me you are not considering this.”

“It’s my sister Obella. I… I can’t leave her there with that bastard.”

“It’s our child Brynden. You think Dorne a world away, imagine how I would feel with my child in the Vale. You’ve heard of the Moon Door yes? What is to stop that madwoman from throwing our child from it upon a whim?”

“The Hand of the King, the bloody King himself I’d imagine.”

“The same King that condemned Elia Martell and her children to death? The same Hand that now keeps his butcher in some castle in the Vale? Brynden, look at me, they have done nothing but harm you. Why play to them so? Dorne is your ally, do not forget so easily.”

“I can’t send Isis to Dorne Obella, the trip would be dangerous. And then I… I couldn’t-”

“See her? Brynden you did not see her for seven, eight years? You care for her, I know you do. But it would be better for her, the children. They could go to the Water Gardens, my Prince would do that much for me.”

“How Obella? I cannot simply whisk her away without risking war.”

Obella pauses, her eyes upon her brother against his new challenger, “I… I had a thought Brynden. But it would be dangerous for her, for you. Please, let us both speak with Lady Mellario, she takes trips to Norvos regularly, her visiting here was born of convenience along her trip. She may ask of favors of you too, but they would worry me less. Even if it meant your sister was further away.”
>>
She was not mad so much as she was concerned. Your House sat precariously across a line. Your decisions now could change everything in the future. Lysa Tully could be mad, but Jon Arryn would be there, having a child grow up friends with Lord Paramount of the Vale, in its own way it was an honor. But Obella… She was your wife, and they were her children too. She had a say in this. Even if it frustrated you. Your family was everything, and at times, you wondered if you could protect them all. Obella senses your stress and softens her eyes, instead resting her head upon your shoulder, “Brynden, I love you. I know you will do the right thing.”

Your Champions all come through this round of jousts unscathed. Dontos is absolutely eating through his competition, for the the most part Knights of the Reach are challenging him. More than likely a regional thing, your father had spoken once about the complexities of the Reach’s Tourneys. He had just unhorsed his friend’s son however, and had dismounted to help him up, a sign of respect from your Uncle if you had ever seen one. But giving you a moment respite to call upon another guest.

You’ll be able to speak to Lady Mellario after one of these.
>>
>>46294263
>>Speak with Saul Compton and Septon Tytos about news from King’s Landing
>>
>>46294263
We've put this off for a while
>>
>>46294263
>>
>>46294263

Fuck me, Obella's plan isn't awful
>>
File: William vs Oberyn.jpg (13 KB, 374x284) Image search: [Google]
William vs Oberyn.jpg
13 KB, 374x284
>>46294263

The Vale is the safest place in Westeros.
Snake? Lion? Hummingbird? Spider?
Just ask him to make a baby dreadnaught armor.
>>
>>46294263

>The same Hand that now keeps his butcher in some castle in the Vale?
Obella talking mad shit on Bordain
>>
>>46294263
>>
>>46294446
to be fair he's in brooding mode for the next year and his greatest feat was murdering a child.
>>
>>46294497
Is he really still brooding? I could have sworn Iron and Hate began in 285AC. I've been working off the assumption he had just began to rouse and get shit done.
>>
>>46294545
He spent two years brooding then got his land into order in about 2 or 4 months.
>>
>>46294625
War ended in 283AC though, well at least Bordain's part of it. Unless we're working on the assumption that he wasn't granted his land and titles until the very very end during 284AC when they finally took Dragonstone. Then, yeah I suppose he is still in brooding mood.

I don't have the time to look it up, so I'll go with a strong I'm not sure, whatever you guys say.
>>
>>46294263
>>
>>46294545
>You've spent the last 2 years brooding in your castle, hating everyone, until two weeks ago, when you decided enough was enough, and went to war with everyone who hates you.

From the OP of the 3rd thread
>>
Dad die?
>>
>>46293625
>Child of ours to be fostered in the Eyrie.

Good thing we have some bastards in Kings landing now don't we?

Not our fault she didn't specify obella.
>>
>>46294263
Let's talk to Saul
>>
“Arron, will you fetch the Septon and Mister Compton?”

“Yes Lord Brynden,” your squire says in his usual quiet tone. You didn’t particularly have a good read on the lad today. He clearly enjoyed watching his father compete, but you could see the envy in his eyes as his brother ran about the field helping their father. It was a shame he could not be out there himself, but he knew his place was by your side. Even if it was less exciting for a youth.

Ser Stevron is the first to finish this round of tilts, unhorsing his foe upon the first tilt. He was certainly talented, you could not take that away from him. But he made your life more difficult, even if you declined Lady Tully’s offer, another couple of losses from your Champions might give her the win regardless. It was a silly thing, a meaningless title. But it somehow had become a bargaining chip on your table.

“My Lord, Septon Tytos, and Master of Law Saul Compton,” Arron announces from behind you, stirring you from idle thoughts.

“Mister Compton, a pleasure to see you again. Septon, it was a fine service. Thank you. Please sit eat, drink. I hear tell you have news from King’s Landing?”

“Yes Lord Malroy, we do, well rather the good Septon here does, I was only asked to advise,” Saul says, picking up a few shrimp and popping them into his mouth and crossing his legs.

Septon Tytos declines to sit, having changed again into his threadbare clothing, though his crystal remained the same in its splendor, “My Lord, word of your sister’s plight has reached my ear. In my shame for the actions of my kin, I sought a way to ease her pain. Through the Faith. I contacted the High Septon and soon after Mister Compton here, and I believe we may be able to have your sister’s marriage annulled.”

“Annulled? The Crown had final say in this, I've been told this for months, they have the clergy in their back pocket, but now? How?”
>>
“Lord Malroy, there is some legal precedent. A marriage without the consent of the wife is allowed to be annulled by the Faith. Only the barbarians of the Iron Islands practice otherwise. It is a rare occurrence to be certain, and there will be your share of legal hoops to jump through.”

“Such as Mister Compton?”

“More so things that would err towards the side of illegal. Rather than strictly legal, to be frank my Lord. The High Septon, the fat one, I assume you know him. He is… Corruptible to say the least. I know of good fortunes going to his pocket to assure the Faith stays placated. Let us say, you find one such line of funds, and cut it off? Suddenly the Faith has reason to be roused. A greased palm from someone of dubious origin who regards your House well? And then perhaps he will begin to see reason.”

You tilt your head to the side, and look at Septon Tytos who is nervously twirling his crystal, “And your thoughts Septon? Does the corruption of the Faith and abuse of such not concern you?”

“Immensely my Lord. However, amongst the crimes. Yours would be the lesser of two evils. The High Septon is a deplorable man my Lord. He cast the Silent Sisters from their abbey inside King’s Landing to farmstead upon its outskirts, merely because they unnerved him. I would sooner see him walk penance barefoot through the sands of Dorne. Pardon the phrase my Lady. But if there is a way to aid your family, while purifying the Faith, I will gladly help.”

“So what are you suggesting we do Mister Compton?”

“There is word of a rather large donation coming from Duskendale. Men of, again, dubious origin may find their way to it. And then we can begin, I will make the arrangements to see the annulment is legally binding and thorough. Septon Tytos here will see to it the Faith understands the depth of your family’s plight and willingness to ‘aid’ the Faith. And you, well, you do as you do my Lord. A plan?”

Questions?

A plan?
>Yay
>Neigh
>>
>Yay
>>
>>46295138
>Yay
>>
>>46295138
Look to our wife. I'm lost. If we send her to Dorne or with the Lady Mellario would that impact this at all?
>>
>>46295138
>>Yay
>>
>>46295194
I like this, who says we have to send her to the Eyrie? Why not Dorne?
>>
>>46295138
do we have intelligence on who's behind this rather large donation?
I'd rather not intercept gold from somebody silly powerful and piss them off
I'd rather consult with our resident spies before deciding on this
>>
>>46295138

I don't like it, he's a Lannister.

And his willingness to cut out the head of the faith he pledged allegiance to makes me question his loyalties.

We plan it with Obella. She is spymistress after all. She should have some connections in KL underworld.

But if we decide to execute the plan, make it seem like it was Redwards doing. Banditry in his lands is incredibly common, and spread to neighboring provinces.

Sow discontent by throwing in that sigil from the house that the previous bandits in our lands left behind, and if the dude is still rotting in the jail put his corpse with the men that will lose their lives in the shipment.
>>
>>46295240
>if the dude is still rotting in the jail put his corpse with the men that will lose their lives in the shipment
He's at the wall.
>>
>>46295240
>KL underworld.
kek IRL
>>
>>46295138
I'd say look towards wifey to see what she thinks since she is the spy. But I am leaning towards
>Yay
>>
>>46295138
>Yay
>>46295227
A spy is no good without a network. Obella doesn't have one set in place, and Elionwy isn't our spy but Varys'. Also, this seems pretty time sensitive
>>
>>46295138
>Yay
Even if found out, this would be covered up just to keep the faith sated. This plan risks our septons life, and frankly makes me respect him more.
>>
>>46295227
>do we have intelligence on who's behind this rather large donation?

"No my Lord. Just that it is from Duskendale, on track to arrive within the next two weeks. I am not a spy. Simply a man rather good at recognize when the law is being broken," Saul responds, "If I had to take a guess. Likely one of the Darklyn branches. House Ryyker is still too new to play the game. And they still reeling from the Defiance.

>>46295194
"Obella?"

"If you could gain an annulment it would make things easier Brynden. She would be free to travel where she wishes after that. It is likely to be far more difficult to have her travel with my Lady or to Dorne without such.

I cannot speak to who these funds would be from however. This is the first time I have heard of such. My information is of Dorne and those I sent after. There simply isn't enough of a network here for me to know anything about it as of yet."
>>
>>46295385
Thanks, Saul. Let's do it
>>
>>46295385
It just seems like we are stepping into a trap of yours if we do this.
>>
>>46295138
>Yay
Then when the marriage is annulled, drown his baby in moon tea
>>
>>46295476
i thought moon tea is like after rape drug
>>
>>46295506
No I mean after the baby is born throw it in a tub of moon tea face down
>>
>>46295469
The trap has already been stated:

When Isis is taken from Redbastard, hes going to go utterly nuts and attack us.
>>
Alright it looks like a go ahead with the plan.

There is opposing opinions but it doesn't look like there much support behind them.

And your usual batch of paranoia. As to be expected.

>>46295544
Again, King's Law prevents that. Really not sure where everyone is getting Redward can just attack you whenever he wants. A legally binding annulment is not a reason to go to war, nor is your wife attending someone at court. If he went to war for either his allies would abandon him and the Crown would come down on him. Royce is dumb, but not suicidal.
>>
>>46295603
Cuase you cultivate IT! with your allusions and metaphors! And we fucking enjoy it.
>>
>>46295603
Never said he would send an army Father, i just get the impression hes going to pull out all the stops kind of deal to strike at us.
>>
>>46295603
What would the annulment do to the legitimacy of our nephew/niece?
>>
>>46295603
If we pull off keeping isis from him before she is returned, hes going to get paranoid about why we were laughing at his little speach.
"He already had this planned!" kind of deal.
>>
>>46295660
If they're born before, they will be his children.

If born after, they will be considered bastards.
>>
>>46295697
Highborn bastards. Like edric storm
>>
>>46295506
>>46295526
someone remind me how did Cersei got abortion?
i scarcely remember it
>>
>>46295663
I can almost see the reactions and paranoia on bizzarro-tg
>>46295697
Holy shit how pissed is he going to be on a scale from Buddha to Bryden if we rob him of his little claim of legitimacy
>>
>>46295697
Well that timing is something worth considering then. After all he might well be able to get the kid legitimized anyway (IIRC the man problem to that is cersei hating the precedent but she's backing him anyway) and the kid might in the future hate us stealing away their birthright, whereas keeping them legitimate gives us the option of controlling their regency. But it will be politically difficult to keep his trueborn child away from him.
>>
>>46295864
>you are a bastard and your children are bastards
>>
>>46295981
We can just send them to the wall/faith/maesters
>>
Hey, is there any way we can use our knowledge of the corrupt hrad of the faith to replace him with someone a bit more sympathetic? Then we wouldnt have to get our paws as dirty
>>
>>46296013
Faith would be a better choice.

Red bastard moving against them would eat up his political capital like no ones buisness.
>>
>>46296081
We are not on the level of players who could fight the cover-up, and certainly couldn't influence who the new guy would be if we were.
>>
>>46296013
I'm pretty sure none of them accept literal babies, so not before Royce was able to get a royal legitimization, I think.
>>
>>46296128
You don't just get those though and he is already in poor standing with the crown
>>
>>46296081
Depends on how you'd want to play with the canon.
The High Septon was such a fuck up that he got ripped limbs from limbs in a riot caused by Joffrey after he sent Mircella to Dorne, kicking the current one would mean that the one replacing him would be the fuck up.
>>
>>46295138
>Yay

The Bandits that spring from Redwards lands are indeed a vigorous and brutal lot.....
>>
You turn to your wife who merely shakes her head with a shrug, she wished she had more information or more of an opinion to give. She can only aid you as far as her knowledge allows her to go now and something in the back of your head tells you she is less than pleased with such. Spies and saboteurs were not your game, hell you basically allowed a known spy to live with you for the sole purpose of at least knowing who she was. You remember an argument with Dontos long ago about the use of spies and saboteurs, they were dishonorable, not the Malroy way. Undoubtedly his opinion had changed much on the subject, and if you were to spend the funds on it, who knows would happen. You store the thought for now, and pat Obella’s hand before turning to Mister Compton again.

“Give me the dates and known routes. I’ll have my men out there. Or rather men of dubious origins.”

“If the tale of your arrival in King’s Landing is any indication my Lord, your sellswords will likely do the trick just fine. I will give the information to your Stewardess upon the morrow before I make for King’s Landing. There is quite a lot of work to be done. Seven I’ve never even written an annulment before, where to start,” Saul says trailing off and waving his hand around in the air. He takes a few more bites of shrimp before standing, and bowing deeply at the waist and begging leave.
>>
>>46295603
could we prehaps frame redward for it?
>>
Septon Tytos lingers a moment longer, watching your Uncle take down another challenger with ease, this time a Knight of Dorne, a young lad who likely was far in over his head tilting against the Black Knight of Malroy. He folds his arms before speaking, “My Lord. I must thank you for allowing me to preside over your wedding. I understand your distrust of me, but I hope some day, you are able to see my intentions are pure and will invite the Faith into your life again. I am told historically the Malroys have enjoyed a healthy relationship with the Faith. Your Uncle worries for you at weekly service. He is a good man at heart, and cares for your spiritual well being. But I cannot force your hand, only the Seven may compel you to do such. Blessed day my Lord and Lady.”

You sit quietly as Septon Tytos leaves, his words lingering upon your mind far longer than you wished. It was hard to trust the man, even in the back of your mind the worry remained his part in this plan was a trap. There was difficulty in believing anything could go so well your way. You shake your head of idle thoughts, reflexively raising a hand for wine before recalling it. Solidarity was a hell of a detox.

Again your champions return as the day continues on, Isis and Victus had yet to return and you suspect she simply wished for a quieter place to watch the Tourney or to relax in her childhood home. Victus was as good a guide as any about the grounds now, he probably knew the castle better than you at this point. It wasn’t inoften he would run circles about Worsh and Oylver during their patrols. The thought eased your mind and worry, wherever she was it is likely she was in good hands.
>>
Looking off to the side you can see a line having begun to form, and each time one left from it, they went to challenge your Uncle. You suppose that was the true prize here, a victory against your Uncle, the man that effortlessly dismantled a member of the Kingsguard. The split prize between the five champions come tomorrow was a pittance to the prestige he would bring home for such a victory, particularly if he could maintain it. A Knight of your own House challenges your Uncle this time, Ser Yars Yelshire. Stevron receives a challenge from a Knight of Dorne and you can only imagine it going poorly.

There was time to speak to one more person before the reception came to an end and you would be attending the feast tonight, where it was far more likely you’d be busier with eating ridiculously large meals and have your clothing torn off than speaking to anyone of import.

>Speak with Lady Mellario of Norvos per your wife’s request
>>
>>46296170
I'm pretty sure Cersei would see it happen out of spite.
>>
>>46296336
>>
>>46296324
>>
>>46296308
How?
With what resources? You have no spies or saboteurs to plant evidence.

>>46296201
Spoiler, not at all. Because I don't play with canon that much. The post you quoted is entirely correct, you do not have the influence or resources to put up a cover up or place the new High Septon. Not with the Lannisters in play.

>>46296170
Not with the entirety of the Crown.
>>
>>46296336
>>Speak with Lady Mellario of Norvos per your wife’s request
>>
>>46296336
>>
>>46296336

But have a message sent to Eustace Brune that we will wish to speak with him tonight at some point, or failing that tomorrow before he departs? With an apology about delaying the conversation for so long.
>>
>>46296336
>>
>>46296336
>>Speak with Lady Mellario of Norvos per your wife’s request
>>
File: 300px-The_dragon_prince.jpg (76 KB, 300x511) Image search: [Google]
300px-The_dragon_prince.jpg
76 KB, 300x511
>>46296201
>The High Septon was such a fuck up that he got ripped limbs from limbs in a riot caused by Joffrey
Caused by Littlefinger, actually.
>>
>>46296336
>>46296406
Second
>>
Alright looks like we'll be speaking with Lady Mellario. Let me get a drink, a quick stretch, and take the dog out and I'll begin writing.
>>
>>46296471
pls more theories

>Tyrion is tag
>>
>Obella will have to resist the urge to gut Lysa Tully
>>
File: House-Blackfyre-Main-Shield (1).png (165 KB, 571x629) Image search: [Google]
House-Blackfyre-Main-Shield (1).png
165 KB, 571x629
>>46296551
Red or black a dragon is still a dragon
>>
>>46296595
Faegon
>>
File: Targaryen_prince.jpg (183 KB, 938x851) Image search: [Google]
Targaryen_prince.jpg
183 KB, 938x851
>>46296551
>pls more theories
I mean, feel free to explain how he knew the outcome of the riot when he left before it happened.
>>
>>46296653
He was on mission? i cant remember and i dont think what can he get from the riot
>>
“Arron would you please invite Lady Mel-”

“No Arron we’ll go to see her,” Obella interrupts you, placing her finger over your lips, “When asking Lady Mellario a favor you go to her. Even if this is your castle.”

Supposing your wife knew best in this regard you nod along but still wave Arron over, “Lad, tell Lord Eustace I will meet him tomorrow, immediately after we break fast. And do apologize for my inability to see him today.”

“Yes Lord Brynden,” your squire responds, looking at you a moment longer like he wished to ask a question. The way he shuffled his feet after was a pretty easy tell.

“Yes you may go find Victus afterwards, but behave yourselves, understood?”

He nods furiously and dashes off, you never quite remembering being half as quick as he was at that age. You stand up after him, helping Obella to her feet and leave off to Lady Mellario’s private booth. As it happened it was the same one Samuel decided to lose his bloody mind in. A great place to be all in all.

“Lady Mellario and Princess Arianne Martell, the Lord Brynden Malroy and his wife, Lady Obella Qorgyle,” you’re introduced as when entering the booth. Lady Mellario smiles fondly at you, even if it included a sidelong look as you kissed her ring. Small respects, always a game to play, even if the Dornish play by different rules otherwise. The Princess flushes when you do the same, and you now see she’s just as new to this as you were a year ago. She has far more time to learn however, and if her parents were any indication, far more likely to outmatch you. You take seat when offered and Obella decides to sit in your lap, draping her arms about your shoulders and resting her head upon your neck.

“Young love is such a pretty thing, my Lord and Lady Malroy, your wedding was beautiful I will add. If a bit typical of the Westerosi.”

“Can’t shoot my bow at a wedding my Lady,” You respond with an easy smile.
>>
“Though I do not doubt you have before Lord Malroy, no?”

“I would be liar if I said no.”

“Or perhaps a bigger liar for agreeing.”

“Suppose I’ll have to save that story for next time you come to one of my boring, drab, Westerosi parties, hm?”

Lady mellario rolls her eyes and adjusts herself in her seat, to sit up straighter and cross her legs, her nails rasp upon the wooden armrests of her chair and she looks to you with a dark and curious eye, “Why do you attend me my Lord? Should you not be watching your little play fighting?”

“Let me take the lead Brynden,” Obella whispers into your neck.

>Allow Obella to take the lead
>Take it yourself
>>
>>46297096
>>Allow Obella to take the lead
She knows what she's doing far better than we do.
>>
>>46297096
>go go wifey
>>
>>46297096
>>
>>46297096

She knows best how to soften her up
>>
>>46297096
>Take it yourself
All y'all are WHIPPED.
>>
>>46297096
>>Allow Obella to take the lead
Sure sure

>>46297231
I'm just lazy, let the wife do it.
>>
>>46297096
>>
>>46297096

>Allow Obella to take the lead, but be a little flirty about it.

You do know how I like it when you ....try.... to take control.
>>
Next time have her wear the mask.
>>
You press your hand against Obella’s back and she straightens up, assuming control of the situation, as much so as you can imagine one has when Lady Mellario is involved at least, “My Lady I must ask of you a favor.”

Right to the bloody chase there. Suppose, you wouldn’t know any better way to do it. At least in this situation.

“I am not my husband Obella, I cannot make things appear as if by will.”

“Prince Doran would not be able to help to the extent you can my Lady.”

Mellario looks to your wife with an annoyed eye, but leans forward all the same, “Then speak child.”

“In short my lady. I need to have my husband’s sister kidnapped.”

You stare blank faced at Obella, not any degree of heads up on that, her hand scratches at your neck attempting to calm your look.

For her part Lady mellario looks unpulsed, “And why is this Obella?”

“I fear for her safety my Lady. If you heard tell of the horror of a husband she has, you would understand. My husband has been searching for a way to pull her from his clutches for the better part of a year. Unfortunately to no avail until your arrival my Lady.”

“And why should I Obella? I owe your husband no debt, no bear love towards him, you are my husband’s spy, not mine. Not to mention. You never do anything without purpose Obella, even accepting to spy on our lovely groom here was not simply for-”

“I would owe you a debt Lady Mellario,” you say cutting her off, “An immense debt. A favor to be called upon at your leisure.”

“She wants to take your children doesn’t she Obella?” Mellario asks nearly disregarding you entirely “I saw you talking to that woman. The look of disgust upon your face. All these Westerosi are the same, it always about taking children away from their mothers, for no reason but to ‘better them’. Well I spit on the notion. Obella you do know I will ask for much, far more than that small minded woman would. Do you weigh your options so poorly?”
>>
“When it is a matter of my children I would sooner take your offer my Lady,” Obella responds, “I cannot speak for my husband however.”

“Yes, a debt he would owe me, far greater than immense. Your sister is married, and needs to be feigned kidnapped just so you can get her away. Do you expect me to bring her with me? To use my own men? I will not invite a war upon your Westeros for the life of one girl. I could not call her to be court, there is no purpose. Unless I am paid the correct price Lord Malroy.”

You swallow hard, “Name it.”

“Coin, to hire the men and cover my tracks. No less than a thousand of your dragons. Obella, you will work for me, and not my husband any longer. Your spying will be done. When is all said and done and you have dealt with this husband in the ways that you Westerosi do, she will be mine. She will attend my court in Norvos. She will visit when I visit and she will remain in Essos otherwise. She will be safe, but I will not see the poor girl torn apart by your Westerosi needs to marry off every member of your family like livestock. And from you my Lord, I only need one thing. Your loyalty. To me. Not the Hand of your King. Not to my husband or Dorne. Only to me. From here on out.”

The lump is hard in your throat now, you were away from Isis for years, separated by miles of Sea and land. And to save her, you’d need do the reverse. You chew upon your lower lip, Obella’s hand scratching at the back of your neck, “Is there anything else my Lady?”

“Oh. One thing. A petty thing. Your little play fight, what do you Westorsi call the champion’s beloved, the Queeen of Love and Beauty, yes? I would like such a thing, if only to see that woman squirm again like when I arrived. She is like a fat worm stuck in a dress.”

Obella steps off from your lap and pulls you up by your hand, “Thank you my Lady. We will consider it.”
>>
Your wife bows and you follow suit after her, your mind numbs at the thought. It was a lot to ask, and far many more open ended favors. Not to mention Isis would be gone, across miles of Sea and the sheer act itself, unlawful, worthy of war if someone is found out. Of course it couldn’t be a simple thing such as attending her court, there was no reason for it, not like with Lady Tully, and the distance would be far more suspicious. You pause mid step and shake your head, placing a palm against your eye to numb the pain behind it.

“I know it is not a simple thing Brynden. But she would be better protected and so would we, Lady Mellario is a good ally to have.”

“I… I need to think on it Obella. I haven’t even spoke to Isis yet. No matter what I feel I am putting her in danger more than I am helping in either case. Let me the rest of the night, a moment to speak to my sister and a mind of sleep.”

“Be swift then Brynden. They both want a prize you can only offer for so long. Though I suppose I will be hard pressed to ask for it myself now,” she responds, rolling along your arm into your chest, you can feel the slightest kick from her stomach upon your own, and she breathes deep with her head upon your chest.

“You will always be my Queen of Love and Beauty,” you say, adding, “Even if it is a petty title.”

“Yes but it was my petty title,” she says with a hint of annoyance before leaning up and kissing you, “Now, we need attend a feast, so strange men can undress me, come love.”

[End Chapter XXXIV]
>>
So lots of talking today, got through the bigger things I wanted to.

Regarding the Mellario option, yes this really is the only way. You’ve got absolutely no reason for Isis to suddenly attend court in Sunspear, Sandstone or Norvos. And any trips of such would have to be run through Royce first and surprise he’ll say no. With Lysa Tully she has enough pull with her husband she can at least get Isis in King’s Landing for awhile. Mellario doesn’t have that nor does anyone in Dorne without some sort of conflict coming up over it. So the life of one girl, not really worth it for them.

Anyway, I’ll be around for questions and the like as per usual. After I archive.

Next thread will be Thursday, March 31st at 2PM EST.

Thanks for playing guys.
>>
>>46298035
Well shit that option is kind of out.

Thanks for running boss.
>>
>>46298035
So she wants Obella to live in Norvos for most of the time and on;y come back to Steadhold while she is in westeros with our kids? WHAT THE FUCK LADY!
>>
>>46298035
Thanks for running dad. I picture Brynden has a little outburst of rage once he returns to his chambers about these cunts of noblewomen.
>>
>>46298035
It looks like we're being told to go fuck ourselves, diplomatically. I guess that's alright, we're being pretty unreasonable in our request. We may have to risk Isis in Redward's hands?
In any case this was a fun thread, Dad.
>>
>>46298073
>So she wants Obella to live in Norvos for most of the time and on;y come back to Steadhold while she is in westeros with our kids?
I thought she was talking about Isis.
>>
>>46298106
She might be. It's just confusing when she is talking about Obella working for her and then saying she will live in Norvos.The use of a singular female pronoun without any identifier is making me confused.
>>
>>46298073
I think she meant Isis. I mean, asking a newly married wife to only come to her husband every now and then would be quite difficult to get a response other than "Get the fuck out of my castle"
>>
>>46298073
Yeah sorry I should have made this clearer, it was Isis she was talking about. Not Obella.

>>46298095
Yeah that's the gist of it. Mellario is entirely able to do it. But she wants her price for it.

It's things to think about Obella would be willing to do it. But would Brynden? Maybe who knows. It's why I wanted to get through both options today and leave with that so everyone could think about it.
>>
>>46298165
>The use of a singular female pronoun without any identifier is making me confused.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dad please that gave me a slight heart attack.
>>
Well, I was more in favour of the Dornish option because I hate getting even deeper in bed with the Arryns.

But the Lysa option is the better one, and Mellario even admitted that herself.
>>
>>46298266
to be honest the Vale is probably the safest place for Isis right now considering the allies Redfuck has abroad
>>
>>46298266
I hate to say it, but there's no good option. The formation of a spy agency in our lands may help with such things in the future, and certainly be cheaper than either of these 'deals'.
>>
>>46298318
We don't have the time. As much as I'd hate to do it, we might have to go with Lysa. Or pick neither
>>
>>46298318
>I hate to say it, but there's no good option.
This is true.

But I mean, if it weren't so flipping obvious that we'd be guilty, i'd say we should kidnap her ourselves, and stuff the consequences.
>>
I'd say Lysa is the superior option. I think Mellario is mostly doing this out of spite towards Westeros.

"If i have to suffer someone else shall feel the same!"
>>
>>46298346
Fuck why don't we just do what Lady Mellario said and hire men to steal her then send her to Doran or something for a year or so while we bleat at the court to find our sister!
>>
>>46298391
I mean we could, send a few of our mercs with her.
>>
>>46298391
We'd have to hope that
a. the men were successful
b. the men won't blab
c. nobody notices independantly

It's dangerous as shit if we do it off the cuff like this, and stealing a man's wife is a legit cassus belli.
>>
>>46298391
This actually isn't that stupid, just don't send her to Doran but to the Longbottoms or whatever they're called
>>
>>46298486
>and stealing a man's wife is a legit cassus belli
One that the Crown's sympathetic to, to boot.

Especially when the ones doing the thieving are bloody valyrian bastards.
>>
>>46298266
Hell I'll straight up tell you, in the a strictly Isis case, yeah Lysa's deal is better.

Though when you factor in Obella's feelings on the situation it becomes a wash. She does not want her children anywhere near Lysa.

>>46298382
Accurate, Mellario and Doran are at their end of their relationship and it is only getting worse from her. It is a lot of spite for Westerosi that drives her to do anything. And to take some assets from Doran.

>>46298391
Dangerous as hell. And would definitely cost you a lot more than 1000 dragons. You don't know the people that Mellario does. From professionalism to cost efficiency.

And if you got caught? The Crown would come down on you, even with the annulment in play.
>>
>>46298521
thank you, targfag. As stated here, being too obvious will get Robert called down on you for a non-standard Game Over. Actual good spy agencies or bust.
>>
>>46298539
>Though when you factor in Obella's feelings on the situation it becomes a wash. She does not want her children anywhere near Lysa.

She's just there to pump out heirs. We're the lord, she doesn't get a say if it's about our sister.
>>
>>46298573
That's a shitty way to look at it.
>>
>>46298605
It's just another aspect of being a Lord. We are responsible for our family, she's responsible for being fertile and having a nice family on her side.
>>
>>46298573
>>46298628
She has some say in what happens with her kids as well though. Unless you don't want to wake up a few months or years later.
>>
>>46298648
As long as we're not murdering our babies she doesn't have a foot to stand on, really. She may dislike it but it's not her concern. If our baby were to "fly" out of the Eyrie it's not our fault, and would hurt the Arryns/Tully bitch considerably. Also, there's no IC reason to believe that'd happen, so our wife's reasoning is shit.
>>
>>46298573
>She's just there to pump out heirs. We're the lord, she doesn't get a say if it's about our sister.
Man, that's just precisely the attitude Mellario hates.

Don't let her hear you say that.
>>
>>46298573
Good luck having any children than the first with that attitude.

Wanted a limp-wristed pushover of a wife? Should have picked Giselle.
>>
>>46298717
Giselle was obviously the better pick. But it doesn't matter who our wife is, we are the Lord, we make the decisions. Sure, she won't like it, but we can send our fourth kiddo away and she can't do anything about it.

>>46298714
You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to think I'd say that to an important person IC.
>>
>>46298717
A fucking men.

I guess we just give her back to redshit then. None of these plans are worth it.
>>
>>46298695
>>46298749
You really think she has no say in anything we do? Ladies fucking things up for their husbands is a damn theme for the series this is based on. I don't want our kids around that crazy bint anymore than she does.
>>
>>46298749
>Giselle was obviously the better pick.
Now you're just being an idiot.
>>
>>46298773
He's being a Giselle poster.
>>
>>46298773
>Ladies fucking things up for their husbands
Exactly, which is why we shouldn't listen to ladies. The only lady that has done well in the series so far is Melisandre, and she's no lady.

>>46298775
>thinking some sandniggers are better allies than the lord of the best castle on the continent who is also coincidentally still the Hand of the King
>>
>>46298812
Yes I realised that after posting. He got me good.
>>
>>46298749
>she can't do anything about it.
She can poison our shit up and get a new husband to run shit, or even better she can marry Royce after he murder Isis.
>>
Ohhhh now Brynden comes crawling back to the Vale!

Well this Mountain Queen has better thing to do than entertain a silly little glorified horsebreeder
>>
>>46298821
>>thinking some sandniggers are better allies than the lord of the best castle on the continent who is also coincidentally still the Hand of the King

Now you've descended from giselle posting to straight shitposting.
>>
>>46298812
>>46298830
>tfw being completely honest
This is the reaction I also get when I carefully explain how Pixar isn't the same as Disney Animation Studios.
>>
>>46298867
Please explain where I was wrong.

>>46298854
>implying anyone would take her after she murdered her husband using poison
Typical fan of Dorne, vouching for poison.
>>
>>46298821
Don't forget the Lannister that married a Frey, she's the Lord of Riverrun now, her husband is a joke anyway.
>>
>>46298821
>>46298863
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EplXlEw-fk8
>>
>>46298889
That's because Dorne is honestly, outside of climate, the least shitty place in the ASOIAF world.
>>
>>46298889
We would not actually end up the ally of said lord, we'd be the ally of his estranged nephew.
>>
>>46298889
Know who also poisoned her husband? Lyssa Tully and she shacked up with the second richest fucker in the realm, only to die after. She didn't get caught and she's fucking mental. It would be a walk in the park for Obella to end Brynden.

But hey, feel free to shitpost some more.
>muh dornefag
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.