[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time your character did a good deed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: jesus-helping-the-poor.jpg (50 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
jesus-helping-the-poor.jpg
50 KB, 600x321
When was the last time your character did a good deed?
>>
>>46288064
I played a Paladin. My last good deed was forking over nearly 2000 gold to get an on-and-off companion raised.
>>
>>46288064
I cooked a chicken for a travel ally recently.
>it took 4 rerolls and 2 other guys to do it, but we cooked that goddamn bird
>>
File: blue wizards.png (348 KB, 430x405) Image search: [Google]
blue wizards.png
348 KB, 430x405
>>46288064
once, my wizard took an orphan as his apprentice. he was kind and wise and generous and even shared the powdered cactus sap he had been smoking since we passed through the fantasy mojave with the little androgynous wretch.
>>
>>46288064
Define "good".
>>
For being a purpose-built amoral killing machine, my destroyer demon is surprisingly decent. It's preference is to build patchwork covers by removing the worst things in people's lives in exchange for inconsequential details.

Its rationale is that a happy mortal is a mortal least likely to go back on a deal and complicate matters.
>>
We arranged several adoptions for some Street orphans last game session.
We also publicly exposed someone who had been abusing their position as a judge to sell kids into slavery (slavery being punitive only in this region, and judges are explicitly not supposed to be compensated by the masters).
>>
File: miracles-jesus-healing.jpg (84 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
miracles-jesus-healing.jpg
84 KB, 600x398
>>46288064
>Be super devout cleric
>Questing
>Notice the town doesn't do the setting's main religion
>Talk to a little boy who's really excited about it
>Teach him a short child's prayer, actually recite it IRL
>Tell him to keep the guardian angel in his heart

>[later] demons attacked the town
>jumped out of holes in the ground
>beat back the demons
>crowd came around us
>I ask if anyone's been injured
>someone brings out a kid with a twisted ankle
>it's the same kid I saw earlier
>say a prayer to the archangel
>heal the kid's ankle

Feels so fucking good, man. It's like I can actually be a hero this time instead of having the DM shit on me for every good deed I do.
>>
>>46288064

A better question is when my character -didn't- do a good action.
Uknown to the party, he's an overall benefactor, that does a lot of stuff without any gain. 90% of his money went to give presents to other party members, friend NPCs, NPCs, helping towns, and mostly orphanages and feeding the poor.
Also he's the first to jump into action if anyone needs help, whenever it's important or even just doing some physical work.
I believe that so far, he's been donating much more money into beneficence than the party's paladin.
>>
>>46288064
My Dark Angels tactical marine currently serving in Deathwatch gave a local Militia commander a small candy after saving him and his men from a Genestealer cult.
>>
>>46288064
My peasant character started an uprising against a tyrant and ended up getting swarmed by demons and sacrificed to a demon lord.
>>
She's a Police Officer with a Messiah complex.
Her entire career and life, as of late, is nothing but good deeds.
The most recent thing, specifically, was spending a day helping out a the homeless youth shelter so she had an alibi for all the documents that just got taken from Ministers Chambers and leaked onto the net.
>>
>>46288064
Honestly? Of all the characters I've played, the last one was the most rotten in terms of morals. Dresden Files FATE, I was playing a Grey Court(version that consumes memories) who had become a psychiatrist to feed his needs in a way that was at least somewhat helpful. In the end, however, I embezzled $160 million dollars from a con artist with a secret Caribbean bank account; didn't return it to the people it was stolen from, just divvied it up with my party.

You know, I don't think I've ever performed a legitimately good or selfless deed in a PnP RPG.
>>
>>46288064
Define good? By the DnD logic, never.
>>
He tried saving a young woman from a necromancer (he thought it was just some serial killer, urban fantasy game) and when his gunshot to the necromancer's head did literally zero damage the necromancer instead forced him to kill the girl just to fuck with him. And that was the last time he tried to play hero so far.
>>
File: Creon_Table_Flip.jpg (28 KB, 442x239) Image search: [Google]
Creon_Table_Flip.jpg
28 KB, 442x239
>>46292217
>gunshot to the necromancer's head did literally zero damage
>>
I've never had the opportunity. I've never had a single moral question beyond whether or not to kill the current random encounter. Not even a chance to wander through a town or some downtime. I'm the only fucking gm I know who even tries to scratch the surface of letting players develop their personalities, and I suck at it.
>>
>>46288962
>the demon falls
>>
>>46288064
A couple sessions ago, we recovered a mystic amulet that was used for purifying a village's water supply, then our cleric and sorcerer both cobbled together a few improvements to boost the output and help with food production.

That count?
>>
File: Changeling The Lost.png (119 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
Changeling The Lost.png
119 KB, 500x288
Besides the generic saving the day, I once gave all the money I got from a reward to a tavern wench because the DM decided she got pregnant after I fucked her.

Not sure if that counts, though.
>>
>little old lady asks me to investigate the noises in her basement
>walk down there and see some thieves picking a door
>point a staff of frost at them and demand to know what they are doing
>"w-we where picking this door t-they say a wizard used to live down here"
>open that door fags
>they open the door
>its some strange pocket dimension with a shack and a stone statue of a knight outside
>we all walk up to the shack
>i bet that stone knight statue comes to life
>thieves fuck off when it comes to life
>stone golem asks me "where you invited here?"
>yeah an old woman asked me to investigate some noises she heard was that you?
>no
>oh alright bye
>walk out the door
>"wow you lived w-what was in the shack?"
>oh i dunno i didint look im sure the stone golem would let you in if you asked.
>proceed to watch 6 thieves run up to a stone golem and demand entry to the house
>the stone golem grabs two by the head and smashes them together
>he then proceeds to crush the other two with both his hands
>noise status
>investigated [x]
>not investigated[ ]
good deeds feel good.
>>
>>46296241
>not using protection
>not getting an alchemist to whip up something and make it abort because your lifestyle will probably leave you dead within two months anyway
Shiggy Diggy
>>
>>46296504
>alchemist
>not asking your party wizard to telabort the baby
>>
>>46288064
I settled a class action gun control lawsuit as a skeleton lawyer that got an anarchist protestor PC out of super-jail. he wnet on to found a homestead that grew into our universe's most active bazaar and safe haven for political dissidents
>>
>>46292217
>not posting a rasputin pic
bad form.
>>
>>46296673
>safe haven for political dissidents
So you support terrorism?
>>
File: babyrolling.gif (2 MB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
babyrolling.gif
2 MB, 460x258
>>46296574
did this once, the bard walked in to the room, failed the perception check and trod in it. He was wearing sandals.
>>
>>46288893
That sounds like an awesome orphan.
>>
>>46288064
Talked my fellow Chaotic Asshole Half-Elf out of setting an entire forest on fire, as the local Fey would've probably been rather put out, and neither of us could afford to lose our flesh or worse at so early a point in what I'm sure will be careers of dickbaggery, most likely culminating in the false arrests or "accidental" sacrificing of the two Lawful Good Dwarf Paladin brothers, as well as possibly the TN Wood Elf Ranger for being a fucking snitch.
>>
>>46296449
I love it. I feel bad for whoever has to clean that up though. Yikes.

>lady calls again two days later
>asks to investigate the smell coming from her basement
>>
>>46297905
>set the dead bodies on fire
>she calls later and asks for help cleaning her house because there is "dirt" everywhere
>calls later and asks for a ghost hunter because the spirits of the dead are tormenting her
>calls later and asks for help with some wizard guy demanding to know what the hell happened in his pocket dimension
ez xp ez rewards
>>
File: Activist.jpg (60 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Activist.jpg
60 KB, 250x250
>>46288064

>loan sharks in my fucking temple
>ask myself WWJD

I flipped some fucking tables and flogged some fucking Jew bitches. Shit was pretty fuckin cash. Fucking Jesus ftw. Fuck yeah!
>>
>>46288064
I sent a good chunk of my pay from the last job back to my family and we handed over a piece of very valuable tech to people who can do some good with it
>>
>>46298905
>not flipping loan sharks' tables on principle

If anyone deserves to have their tables flipped, it's them.
>>
>>46288064
>my character
Ha ha, yeah... I'll, uh... get back to you on that.
>>
>>46288064
I was in a Dawn of Worlds game last, so my "character", was responsible for creating a peaceful and good-natured (monstergirl) subraces of the violent, xenophobic races that the other players created. Also created the setting's version of Switzerland to offset the lava plains and toxic deserts.
>>
>>46288064
Last session. So like 5 months ago.
>>
>>46288064
>party in CoS
>me, the tiefling warlock; my human assassin bff; his dwarven rogue criminal ally; a wood elf thief; a goliath fighter
>offer to help the kids in Barovia by killing the monster in their house
>party gets to kitchen
>barbarian, assassin and I get wasted on wine
>goliath is passed out for some reason
>thief hears a child crying and runs up to check on it
>the three of us are still wasted, but get a little cold
>decide to break up some furniture and light it on fire
>we're pretty warm
>thief encounters a specter
>calls for everyone
>awakens the fighter who questions why we're sitting around drunk in an on-fire room
>we hurl racist insults at him (mountain-nigger, stone-face, etc.) until he leaves
>helps thief kill specter, they both almost die
>no baby
>the house is so on-fire the thief says fuck it and jumps out the window on the second floor
>the fighter tells us that we're getting the fuck out
>we refuse to leave the wine
>the fighter abandons us
>the three of us decide it's a bit too hot and my prestidigitation ice-magic isn't enough to stop this fire
>the three of us struggle to carry the cask of wine out of the house and barely make it out in time
>buy a carriage so as to better transport the wine
My party isn't very good at helping people.
>>
>not having good deeds exclusively confined to your backstory
>>
>>46288064
Didn't kill that guy who was backtalkin'. That's a good deed, right?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.