[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: artwork-imperator1-full.jpg (475 KB, 1200x955) Image search: [Google]
artwork-imperator1-full.jpg
475 KB, 1200x955
>shitposters' bane edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting. Don't be a cancerous jackass and try not to shitpost.

>Previous thread:
>>46258484
>>
>>46286544
Holy shit fuck this guy, 1 hour mythic fights AAAAAA
>>
File: 1252420887937.jpg (155 KB, 844x1054) Image search: [Google]
1252420887937.jpg
155 KB, 844x1054
If you were to run a tabletop campaign set in the Warcraft universe, in which era would you set it?

To what faction would the party belong?

Which major characters from the lore would you include?

Would you change them in any way? How and why?

What liberties would you take with the setting for a more interesting experience?

Why are Draenei females best?
>>
>>46286933

>If you were to run a tabletop campaign set in the Warcraft universe, in which era would you set it?

Either 3-5 years before the Third War or in the period set between TFT and Vanilla.

>To what faction would the party belong?

If before WC3, Alliance. If between TFT and Vanilla, I'd allow the players to play whatever race they wanted so long as they were willing to work out a good reason for why their character might work alongside a traditional enemy of theirs.

>Which major characters from the lore would you include?

Depends on how the campaign played out, but I'd try to expose the players to as many important lore figures without making it feel too forced or hammy.

>Would you change them in any way? How and why?

Nope. I'd try to remain as faithful to the characters as possible, because the point of a Warcraft game is trying to make my players feel like they're in the world of Warcraft and not my own personal fanon/headcanon wankfest.

>What liberties would you take with the setting for a more interesting experience?

As few as possible, though obviously certain things would need to be bent to accommodate the game. If anything, I'd try to spend more time exploring the inner political workings of both factions.

>Why are Draenei females best?

Not muscular/thick enough, desu.
>>
>>46286933
Warcraft Orcs & Humans, with the PC's choosing between the two factions in the title. Some alternate races may be applicable. Focus would be on creating/defending/razing settlements. All lore characters from the first game would appear, branching out into the nation leaders of other nations & Medivh. Use original Burning Legion lore.the world will be the size it's implied to be, with multiple smaller settlements. Players will have a lasting effect in the formative years of the campaign and will definitely shape the future.
As for your last question, because they are 'Light demons' who look fantastic in low backed dresses.
>>
If you were to run a tabletop campaign set in the Warcraft universe, in which era would you set it?
Second War
Alliance of Lordaeron
Deailn Proudmoore, Anduin Lothar, Memegar
No
>What liberties would you take with the setting for a more interesting experience?
More sea battles against the orcs
They aren't.
>>
>>46286544
Remember when Chogall was supposed to be this incredible Ogre anomaly because he was the first one born with two heads in ages?
>>
>>46286933
1. Between TFT and Vanilla
2. Illidari
3. As many as possible without being hamfisted and making the players feel dwarfed.
4. Keep the faction leaders relatively sane.
5. Keep the Forsaken and Night Elves out of the Horde/Alliance. I'm debating changing a variety of things that lead to Thrall dying to Mannoroth and Grom becoming Warchief.
6. I find them alright.
>>
>>46288258
To expand, what do you think would be interesting encounters for stragglers from the Illidari in Northrend to encounter?

The party will be Illidari who missed the portal to Outland because they were holding the line against the Scourge. They manage to reach ships and make an escape to the Eastern Kingdoms (trying to make it to the Dark Portal), but I'm not sure how far to have their ships get before they're run aground by a kraken or something.

If they land in Lordaeron, I thought of having them first set up a beachfront against the Scourge and then discover the Scarlet Monastery. They take the Monastery as a first basecamp, interact with the Forsaken some, either fight or reach an agreement with the Forsaken, then move further south.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>46288332
Man, Forsaken siding with the Illidari really makes a ton of sense. Way more sense than them joining the Horde.
>>
>>46286933
>Era
After TFT - Early vanilla, with some adjustments.
>Faction
The remainders of the alliance under Stromgarde
>Characters
Thoras Trollbane, Falstad Wildhammer, Genn Greymane, Sylvanas Windrunner, Kel'Thuzad
> Times change
Thoras is alive, Genn isn't a worgen, Sylvanas is more calculating and not hellbent on DEATH TO THE LIVING
>Liberties
Dalaran is not under a magical dome but a Mordheim levels of infested ruin, with worn down groups of survivors struggling to unearth as many ancient tomes and artifacts as possible while dodging remaining demons and feral undead. There is a greater mix of undead and living, so that the Forsaken become not only undead rebels but also living separatists who were already working towards the fall of Lordaeron as monarchy.
Stromgarde isn't a wartorn anarchy zone, but does start to crumble under the pressure of the undead and internal struggles against the Syndicate.

>Draenei
Because blueberries are always delicious, son.
>>
>>46286544
So I'm working on a sandbox-ish Warcraft campaign setting set during Mists that essentially puts the PCs in Pandaria and allows them to go aid whatever faction they want. I'm working on coming up with loose plots for each racial faction should they pick them, but I've got fuckall idea for anything for the draenei and gnomes. Both are single-purpose races, the gnomes' lone plot having already been solved, the draenei impossible to address without going >suddenly, demons!

tl;dr what are some cool things gnomes and draenei can be doing during Mists?
>>
>>46288481
ERP in Goldshire
>>
>>46288664
He said in Mists, anon. You've been able to do that since back in Vanilla.
>>
>>46288481
Gnomes, like dwarves, can always interact with the other titanforged. So some sort of plot with the mogu could result in something interesting.

Draenei? No goddamn clue, maybe something involving the light and trying to cleanse the land.
>>
>>46288481
>Gnomes
Scientific expedition. They're there to catalog and study the place's natural resources and tech, as well as invent shit that might make life easier for pro-Alliance settlements.

>Draenei
Preaching, converting, and slapping unnecessary crystals on everything. And maybe hanging around the gnomish scientists to see if they can find something that might fix the Exodar.
>>
>>46288233
And in the AU he was the second, and had a feud with the first.

Mar'Gok's birth as a two-head was probably the reason the Ogre Empire didn't collapse in the AU decades ago like it did in the MU, which left the Ogres in thrall (kek) to the Gron.
>>
>>46288332
>The Dark Portal was actually reopened the second time by Illidari stragglers trying to get back to Outland and not a demon who had already been defeated
>the alliance and horde have an actual reason to fight the Illidari as they dont want them opening portals between the two worlds for demons to invade through
>>
>>46288233
the ogre shit in WoD is weird as fuck, but Roman ogres are cool, and so is Cho'gall, although making him all rocky was weird
>>
>>46288820
>Ogre magi / two heads are now a thing like blue eyes for orcs and golden eyes for night elves
>Not what is essentially an experimental weaponsprogram going rogue and having unseen but ultimately massive changes to the Ogre's tribal culture

This is some bullshit son.
>>
File: Troll Sttlement.png (1 MB, 973x580) Image search: [Google]
Troll Sttlement.png
1 MB, 973x580
>>46286933
>If you were to run a tabletop campaign set in the Warcraft universe, in which era would you set it?
Between wc3 and vanilla. It has a lot of places to discover and do, races to use and enemies to fight

They gone full horde.

I might include some only if they are needed in great battles or some serious events.

ONe I canged a bit was Garrosh, a girl is playing as an young mag'har and when the horde encounters their origins on her fortress, I dont want garrosh to go ful nazi.

I dont know. As a gm, you always end having liberties,

Draenei females are best slaves[\spoiler]

The idea of the campaign is that the horde is trying to settle a base into the broken isles, and the trolls were happy to obligue. The players and the orcs are going there to transport settlements, but when waiting to get the boat ready, an group of murlocs and water elementals will come break the ships. Everyone will be locked in that corner of the broken isles until the ships are repaired.

Yep, its an exodus of the horde dejavu. Theres even a naga sea witch.
>>
>>46286933
1. Early Vanilla. Probably the most freedom for exploring and doing your own thing, and before the quality of writing went downhill.
2. Alliance, Horde or NElves (see below). At that point the battle of Hyjal had happened relatively recently and the relations between Horde and Alliance hadn't yet deteriorated to an all-out war (several quests in vanilla describe it as more of an uneasy ceasefire/cold war, which occasionally flared into skirmishes over contested territory), so I wouldn't consider it impossible for a group of adventurers/mercenaries to include, say, a human and an orc.
3. Major faction leaders should probably make some kind of appearance, although I'd want to avoid overshadowing the PCs. The BBEG could also be one of the bosses in vanilla (Nefarion, Kel'thuzard, Onyxia, etc.).
4. Generally avoid having the characters do dumbass things purely because bad writing or need to foster conflict. Luckily vanilla hadn't really fucked up with the characterization of most major lore figures very much.
5. Not make NElves and Forsaken part of Alliance and Horde, as that never really made much sense beyond game mechanics. NElves would remain their own faction, mostly isolationistic but with some diplomatic ties with Alliance and Horde (and a rather strained relationship with the latter due to the whole Cenarius incident and the orcs living right next to them and chopping down trees near their sacred forest). Forsaken would be holed up in Lordaeron, fortifying themselves incase the Alliance decided to try reclaiming the land and fighting againt the Scourge still in the Plaguelands.
6. Because /waggle.
>>
>>46288481
fix the exodar
>>
>>46288233
>>46288767
I though two-headed Ogres were magically created in WC2 by fusing two Ogres together (so you'd get an Ogre that was theoretically twice as smart as normal, ie. not a complete moron)?
>>
>>46288816
One of my concerns with them landing in the Eastern Kingdoms is deciding how far to make them slog to get to the Dark Portal. In theory they'd have to make it through A LOT of Alliance territory where they'd be looked at less than favorably, plus it's just a long ways to go by land.
>>
>>46289177
Guldan used the magic method to make artificial two-headed ogres to be frontline mages. The artificial ones are blue.

Naturally occurring two-headed Ogres are really rare, which is why Chogall was such an anomaly.
>>
File: 1413887806611.gif (3 MB, 717x400) Image search: [Google]
1413887806611.gif
3 MB, 717x400
> tfw Warcraft is one of your favorite settings ever but it's been trashed to hell by retcons, cut content and bad storylines
>>
>>46286933
1. At the tail end of Wrath of the Lich King, so I can include the cataclysm as an in-game event

2. A mercenary faction, most likely Steamwheedle cartel

3. Gazlowe, Baron Revilgaz, Brann Bronzebeard, Fizzle and Pozzik

4. I'd try to be as true to their characters as I can

5. Cataclysm as we know it wouldn't occur. The retaking of Gnomeragan would be successful, The council of Three Hammers would begin to fray moments after it is formed, Thrall won't give up his position of Warchief (so Garrosh doesn't become warchief, so Cairne doesn't challenge him to a duel and die) and Aggra simply does not exist, Gilneans and Bilgewater goblins won't join the horde or alliance so cleanly. Sylvanas doesn't go buttfuck insane, and many other minor changes.

6. They aren't. Draenei as a whole are a shitty addition to WoW
>>
>>46289464
>3. Gazlowe, Baron Revilgaz, Brann Bronzebeard, Fizzle and Pozzik
>forgetting based Ziz Fizziks
>>
>>46289640
>>forgetting based Ziz Fizziks
This
>>
>>46289202
That's why they'll have to find "allies" along the way who can assist them with resources and transportation. Lie to the Forsaken that Kael'thas will want revenge against Arthas and cleanse the Scourge from his former kingdom. Convince the remnants of Strom that Danath yet lives and will return from Outland if the portal is opened. The Dark Iron dwarves have operations from the Wetlands all the way down to Blackrock Mountain, and would probably love for the Alliance to get a new front in the south.
>>
>>46289398
I know that feel.

It all started with the broken retcon and just got more and more shit as time wore on.
I blame faction balance because Allys were always racially less diverse and blizzard tried to make them go one to one with the horde as they added new shit to the game. So now we have furry people space goats and pandas and the Horde still doesn't have their full roster (notably orgres).
>>
Honestly, with the new lore and directions Blizzard has taken, running an rpg in warcraft would be a bit like pulling teeth.

Titans are dead, void lords are a bigger evil than Sargeras so now he's no longer chaotic evil.
Shadow priests are now pretty much using the most evil thing in the known universe. The shadow is now a 100% evil force, and not just a simple opposite to the Light. All Forsaken are now a bit like DK 's in that they all hate the living by default, no exceptions.

Yes, I'm very much mad
>>
>>46290030
So?

Just ignore that bullshit, there is no RPG setting which is so impenetrable that you can't just ignore the bits you don't like
>>
>>46290030
You act like that has drastically changed things. All of that is just reinterpretation of the exact same things. Sargeras is still out to destroy the universe, all that changed was the motive. Void has been a force of evil since BC, and using evil powers is something we've seen in Warlocks since Vanilla. Forsaken have been twisted sociopaths since Vanilla with barely a handful of exceptions. Whatever happens when people are raised into undeath turns them into twisted versions of their former selves. Also the pantheon has literally been a nonentity the entire series, they've had no interaction with us and all we saw were the things they left behind. People have been theorizing that the Titans are dead for years, and it makes sense. Why would the Legion be allowed to roam free across the universe undoing the work of the Titans if the Titans were still around?
>>
>>46289077
>>46289177
>>46289277
Lots of dubs talking about twoheads, pretty freaky.

I don't think all artifical twoheads are blue. But in Main Universe there was only Cho'Gal as a natural twohead.
>>
>>46290272
Before Chronicle Shadows was pretty much just an elemental force that was the opposite of the Light. It was harmful because it's antithetical to life (being essentially anti-Light, it harms the living and heals the undead instead of healing the living and burning the undead), but no more evil than fire is evil for burning down your house. TBC had the whole thing about Light and Shadow being two sides of the same coin, with the Naaru alternating between states of light and shadow during their life cycle (when they use up their energy they "die", becoming Shadow-beings untill they gather enough energy to turn back into the embodiment of Light). Shadow priests were simply priests who channeled the Shadow instead of the Light.

Now the Shadow is directly connected to the Void Lords, who are the ultimate force of evil and the bosses of the Old Gods, and shadow priests got retooled into not!Cthulhu cultists who worship the Old Gods/Void Lords.
I have no idea how the Naaru lifecycle is supposed to make sense now, since they're the physical embodiments of the Lights and on the element chart in the Chronicle fill the same position in regards to Light as the Old Gods do with Shadow. Does that imply that "dead" Old Gods should turn into creatures of Light?
>>
>>46290522
Most retcons in WoW or continuiations of the lore are more about piling stuff on top instead of evening out the seams.
>>
>>46290522
>Does that imply that "dead" Old Gods should turn into creatures of Light?

No. Positions on the chart are pretty meaningless other than telling you who uses the power or best represents it. Naaru are a natural occurrence and Old Gods are creations of the Void Lords.
>>
>>46290522
Right, because there was nothing evil about Dimensius the All-Devouring Void Lord. Also using shadow magic does not entail that shadow priests are cultists of void lords anymore than warlocks using demons and fel magic makes them worshipers of demons.
>>
>>46290635
>Right, because there was nothing evil about Dimensius the All-Devouring Void Lord
Ragnaros the Firelord is pretty obviously evil, what's with him wanting to burn down everything, but is fire in itself evil?
>>
>>46290667
Apples and Oranges. Fire is a necessary part of civilization and vital to cooking, weapon-forging, machinery, and a source of light. Shadow is a consuming destructive force that serves no purpose other than destruction.
>>
>>46290667
According to the Chronicles it is the fact that the sleeping worldsoul of Azeroth, who is a nascent titanbaby, is so immense that it consumed almost all "spirit" energy on its surface, which led to the elemental lords being extremely out of balance. This is the reason why guys like Ragnaros are so hellbent on burning everything - He's out of balance and has only the natural drive of fire as point of reference for his thinking.

On the question if fire is inherently evil: Yes and no. Fire consumes, above all, and left unchecked, it consumes all. If you direct it, it will only consume what you feed it.
>>
You know what WoW is really lacking as a map feature? The old fountains of Mana/Healing/Power from WC3
>>
>>46290522
So what exactly has changed? Void is still anti-light and therefore anti-life, Void Lords simply wish to devour everything and Old Gods are just servants getting them bigger bites in their hungering maws. The Light-Shadow dichotomy and relationship is exactly the same, as neither can exist without the other. Shadow just is, and its mode is to devour everything. It's like saying a black hole is evil - it gives precisely zero fucks about you personally, it sucks in all matter it can reach.

I think you should think about it in a less literal and categorized sense. It is mythology, of a fictional world, sure, but it is still allegories and metaphors of cosmic processes presented as antropomorphic entities that are passed down through an oral tradition.
>>
>>46289122
>between wc3 and vanilla
>mag'har
what?
>>
>>46289886
>and the Horde still doesn't have their full roster (notably orgres).
THIS
MAKE THE WOMEN SEXY IF YOU MUST
JUST GIVE ME OGRES
REEEEE
>>
>>46292031
dumb ogreposter
>>
>>46291961
an orcish warlock had a fetish for brown orc girls so he kept one as a slave and made sure she was protected from corruption.
>>
>all those sentient races on Draenor that were completely obliterated by the rise of the Horde and Ner'zhul's portals

and draenei think they have it rough
>>
File: 75634523421.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
75634523421.jpg
205 KB, 1280x720
The Watchers having an army to imprison one guy (Illidan) doesn't make sense, so here's a theory to explain it. Maiev was the only one guarding him originally. The Night Elves didn't really expand much population wise because the men were sleeping most of the time.

However Maiev had access to a very rare commodity indeed: Night Elf dick on demand, free of charge. So over the course of ten thousand years, she had hundreds of children. The men became druids and the women Watchers.

Then Tyrande, Illidan's old flame comes and kills the Watchers guarding him. Naturally he goes. Maiev's adventures in Frozen Throne are just her and her daughters trying to get Papa Illidan back so they can be one big happy family again in the caverns.
>>
>>46292770
>The Watchers having an army to imprison one guy (Illidan) doesn't make sense

They don't. We see in Legion they've got all sorts of shit locked up.
>>
File: No.png (177 KB, 348x338) Image search: [Google]
No.png
177 KB, 348x338
>>46292770
>>
>>46292629
Pretty much all the races that weren't Ogres, Orcs, Draenei, or Arrakoa were total bastards, though. Even moreso than the Orcs and Ogres.
>>
>>46293537
>>46292770
I'm pretty sure there were other things in the prison in Warcraft III, too.
>>
File: 1433464155608.jpg (260 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
1433464155608.jpg
260 KB, 570x558
>>46292770
>>
>>46293619
Those spore people living in the marsh in TBC seemed pretty OK.
>>
>>46293769
Speaking of them, Blizzard completely forgot about them and the spore giants in WoD.
>>
File: Fungal_whale_concept_art.jpg (135 KB, 960x572) Image search: [Google]
Fungal_whale_concept_art.jpg
135 KB, 960x572
>>46293769
Yeah, but they weren't around before Draenor was destroyed. Whereas the Podlings were little assholes, and then you had those creepy Zerg plant bastards.

>>46293789
They had concept art for fungal whales, which may have been related to them to some extent (maybe the Sporelings evolved from them via magic or something?), but didn't implement them in the expansion.
>>
>>46293769
>>46293789
>>46293853

You know I don't really undertand the whole "sentient/sapient lifeform based on fungus" fascination that I stumble upon on /tg/ all the time. I mean sure, it's an easy way to make things radically more exotic, but I still don't really understand that, if you're already going to go the "exotic" route why you'd just have them mimic mammalian creatures, anyway.
>>
>>46293639
and you are correct
there are cells of other nightelves and spiders in the stage.
>46292770 is just talking out of his ass.
>>
>>46293789
It's implied from the fungus quests in Nagrand (WoD) that the podlings that were infected with the fungus parasites were starting to form a new culture. Funny how people shit on WoW for being so unsubtle with their names like in the last thread but when they actually try to do some subtle story-telling it goes completely over people's heads.

Also there were plenty of spore giants. You fight them on several occasions.
>>
>>46293769
>>46293789
>>46294549
And in Shadowkmoon there's a Podling Prophet that predicts the transformation into Sporregar.
>>
>despite being partially based on BC, the zones in WoD are all pretty unique
>Shadowmoon Valley is literally just Azuremyst Isle because that's where the draenei are
>>
>>46295316
Seriously, as silly as some of the stuff in wod is, I fucking love some other aspects. The perpetual battle going on in gorgrond is just great, it reminded me of un'goro crater, and I hope blizzard does more stuff like that.
>>
>>46295389
I loved the theme of light vs shadow in Shadowmoon, the way it built towards the finale was really well done. We fucking deserved to have Karabor as a capital after all of that.

Now I just fly and sit on top of it and think about what could have been.
>>
>>46295316
>>Shadowmoon Valley is literally just Azuremyst Isle because that's where the draenei are

It had the same color palate maybe, (Just with the contrast cranked up) but its plantlife, creatures, and skybox are totally different. As is the intact Draenei architecture and the Shadowmoon stuff.
>>
>>46295569
>We fucking deserved to have Karabor as a capital after all of that.

I'm still super butt-blasted that they moved the capitals to Ashran. Karabor and Bladespire Citadel would've been so much cool, and more aesthetically satisfying.
>>
>>46286544
I wonder how that meeting went down.

"We just blew up a daemon with a rolling fire bomb. Want to join or end up like him?"
>>
File: 1458438960353.jpg (104 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1458438960353.jpg
104 KB, 600x750
>>46292770
Are you a future Blizzard writer??
>>
>>46296466
They had a shitty alliance. The Ogres were on the weak side and should've been forced to contribute soldiers to invade Azeroth with. Instead, the the Orcs seemed to offer aid to the Ogre's fungi problems while letting the Ogres keep all their fortresses.
>>
>>46296885
There were ogres in the Azeroth invasion, both around the Dark Portal and in nUBRS

But most of the Ogre aid was in the form of magic enchantments for weapons and some direct help in Frostfire.,
(I miss Old UBRS)
>>
>>46296885
>>46297054
And I don't JUST mean the Main Universe Ogres who joined, some actually did come through the portal. (Blue guys helping engineers on the Siegetank things)
>>
>>46296466
Its in the short story Code of Rule.
>>
File: warcraft northrend.jpg (434 KB, 1103x696) Image search: [Google]
warcraft northrend.jpg
434 KB, 1103x696
>>46296576
He's already doing better than Kosak.

Hire asap.
>>
>>46291824
>It's like saying a black hole is evil
Well, if it was a sapient being that desired to devour all life and existence, and had absolute no moral qualms in doing so, we would probably consider it to be evil.

The Void hungers, just as it has always done, and it feeds on both energy and our darker emotions. Acquiring both of those in large quantities will involve actions that are undoubtedly evil by our standards. However, the void itself wouldn't really give a shit about mortal morality and what we called it. In the words of an Old God cultist, "There is no good. No evil. No light. There is only power!!!"
>>
>>46297109

>Mar'gok continued. "Gog Gronnslayer knew that to be free, to live, was a mere beginning. When he broke the bodies of the gronn, opened their bones and ate their marrow to prove that they were not gods, he raised their skeletons up so others could see his victory. He desired more than simple survival, so he built his hall to be too large for any one blood family to fill. Others gathered, and soon his home was an empire. He did not simply flee into the mountains to wallow in existing."

IIiinteresting.

I wonder if that just never happened in the MU, or if they slowly fell back under the Gronn as their empire waned.
>>
>>46297991
Highmaul fell off the map judging from MU Nagrand, so that could've very well been the killing blow to the empire.
>>
>>46298200
Nah, they were gone as an empire even before Rise of the Horde.
>>
File: Outland Campaign Map.png (1 MB, 1466x1150) Image search: [Google]
Outland Campaign Map.png
1 MB, 1466x1150
>>46286933
Start of TBC.
A coalition formed from all of Azeroth's nations. Though the PCs are technically mercenaries, not directly tied to a single power.
Pretty much all of them related to Outland?
Kael is obviously a backstabbing prick.
Illidan didn't piss off Akama enough to get a raid group dropped on his head.
Changed some Azeroth lore. (Night elves are their own faction, as are the forsaken and Quel'thalas. Gilneas is still part of the Alliance. Among other minor changes.) Mostly to keep the players on their toes, as the details may not fit what they know.
The layout of Outland is also a little different.
The accents and they love it when my blacksmith takes a gentle grinding wheel to their hooves.
>>
>>46298231
Imperator mar'gok(?) Was never born in mu so the gorian empire was much weaker than the au one
>>
>>46295569
>>46296362
It would have been a massive improvement to have Karabor and Bladespire as capitals, with Ashran as just a new BG or a PvP daily quest hub.
>>
>>46299776
Even Grom's captivity may have been different in the MU, it may not have been an Imperator, just some Gronn Worshiping tribal Ogres.

So Mar'gok's predecessor may also not have been born.
>>
File: lightlord.jpg (254 KB, 720x1026) Image search: [Google]
lightlord.jpg
254 KB, 720x1026
Hearthstone is trying to take the lore in very strange directions.
>>
>>46299870
That's one AU I want to visit just to hear his lines.
>>
>>46299931
Apparently the idea is that with the Old Gods actively moving about and the destruction of the world nigh, Ragnaros decides that he actually likes the world and the fact that he lives in it. And then...becomes a paladin? Melds with a Naaru? I dunno.
>>
>>46300015
>Melds with a Naaru?
Man, that would be pretty awesome. And oddly fitting that the last line of defense against the powers of shadow would be the firelord joining forces with the embodiment of light.
LIGHT UP THE NIIIIGHT!
>>
>>46299870
BY THE LIGHT BE PURGED
>>
>>46300015
I wonder if they'll mix that comment in with Shaman needing to get the surviving Elemental Lords to work together and to find somone to replace Al'Akir and Rag.

Maybe Al'Akir's son you kill for [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] reincarnates in time to inherit his father's power?
>>
>>46300174
That would explain where Thunderfury is now, lore-wise. Maybe a shaman uses the fragment of his power contained in the sword to revive him?
>>
>>46300174
Shamans already had their legendary previewed and it's an Old God minion. The idea is that every single class has been corrupted and the only ones left to stand for Azeroth is Paladin.
>>
>>46300379
What a load of shit
>>
>>46300379
No I mean for actual WoW.
>>
>>46300015
Elemental lords fought the old gods until they were defeated and subjugated into the old god's force.
>>
File: renounce-darkness.png (450 KB, 475x679) Image search: [Google]
renounce-darkness.png
450 KB, 475x679
>>46300379
Seems Uther got Gul'Dan on his side too.

The warlock looks REALLY happy about it to, maybe Liadrin is giving him a bj beneath the card border.
>>
File: uther__the_lightbringer.jpg (149 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
uther__the_lightbringer.jpg
149 KB, 1280x800
>>46300379
The Light abandons no man!
>>
File: Night Elf Demon hunter (8).jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Night Elf Demon hunter (8).jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>46301253

Elf booty just has that effect on people.
>>
File: 1426354960253.png (197 KB, 427x467) Image search: [Google]
1426354960253.png
197 KB, 427x467
>>46300379
Sauce? Last I checked, there were still plenty of class specialties with artifacts that seemed to be on the up-and-up.

>Doomhammer
>Naaru-flavored stuff
>staffs owned by Guardians of Tirisfal
>Old Titan gear
>>
>>46302071
I think he means the latest Hearthstone expansion, which is Old God themed.
>>
>>46299870
The theme of the new cardset is 'corruption.'

With good guys turning evil, Blizzard thought it'd be funny to have the same rule apply to villains and make them good guys.
>>
File: kel__thuzad.jpg (403 KB, 785x1100) Image search: [Google]
kel__thuzad.jpg
403 KB, 785x1100
>>46302542
So what does Kel'Thuzad get?
>>
>>46302964
Well, when someone true neutral puts on a helm of opposite alignment, they stay true neutral...
>>
>>46303133
>Kel
>neutral
Nigger what?
>>
>>46302964
he gets removed from standard for being in a overpowered set of cards.
>>
>>46303188
He just wanted to study necromancy. Not his fault the only way to do it involved pissing off all the living.
>>
>>46302964
Removed from standard play for being in the Naxxramas set (standard will only be baseline cards + whatever came out in the current and prior calendar year).

Will he get a reversal in the upcoming expansion? We don't know yet. Blizzard is revealing a card a day and they have 100+ new cards coming up, so if he has a spot in the new set it'll probably be a while before we find out.
>>
>>46303632

Standard is sadly going to kill my Mechs pretty hard. Pity, I liked Mech.

Pity that Dr Balanced is a Core card.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>>46303656
Nope. Doctor Balanced is a GvG card, he's going gone in Standard.

It's kind of a bummer the mechs are out, but stuff like Piloted Shredder had to go. The GvG cards were bonkers.
>>
I am taking part in a FATE game set in the Warcraft universe taking place shortly after or at the very end of the second war. But I am unsure of what character I should play as yet, obvious choice is a war-vet who knows nothing else but how to fight... But I dunno is that too cliche?
>>
>>46303722
During the Second War? Depends on the race. If he's a relatively young human kid it's totally likely he pretty much just knows how to farm and kill shit.

If he's an Ironforge Dwarf he spent most of the Second War holed up in Ironforge, if he's Wildhammer he was out throwing hammers at shit and being a boss. I don't know what the Dark Irons were doing around this time.
>>
>>46303760
>I don't know what the Dark Irons were doing around this time.
Being slaves to Ragnaros and hiding in the Depths of Blackrock Mountain when the Orcs invaded the top.
>>
>>46303760
>I don't know what the Dark Irons were doing around this time.
hiding from the Blackrocks taking over half their mountain
>>
>>46300220
>That would explain where Thunderfury is now, lore-wise.
Nevermind, found it:
>http://wow.gamepedia.com/Nik_the_Mountain
>>
File: lothar.jpg (97 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
lothar.jpg
97 KB, 1600x900
>>46303798
Fuck, how did I forget that? Somehow it just slipped my mind that the Burning Steppes were a massive battleground during the Second War. There's a statue there dedicated to it and everything.
>>
>>46303904
>memorial to Lothar in the middle of an orcish encampment completely intact
I don't understand
>>
>>46304164
I seem to recall dialogue from someone in that alliance camp in the Burning Steppes who says the same thing
>>
>>46303337
Hes definatly lawful evil.

>>46302542
KT as living archmage then?
>>
>>46304591
>KT as living archmage then?
Why stop there? Might as well make him part priest too, just like Velen!
>>
>>46304164
>>46304206

Maybe they respected him as a warrior?
>>
>>46304772
Probably some superstition, some respect, and Rend loving the fact his death started Turalyon's ragemode that took down Doomhammer.
>>
>>46286933

Between Frozen Throne and WOW.

Kirin Tor.

Probably an archmage, but I prefer to leave out major GMPCs and such.

I'd probably tool around with power levels of PCs a bit, I prefer competent 'action hero' level of play, not zero to hero or GODS DOING EPIC BATTLE levels of play.

Essentially I'd just have the PCs be bounty hunters/mercenaries of some stripe filling up the violet hold in a monster of the week/ series of one-shot adventures every week.

I'd just take the lore as a broad stroke like I do with any setting. My players won't do any research anyway so as long as its mostly consistent no one cares. I'd probably care more, even if I wasn't running it, so its a moot point.

Blue>green.
>>
>>46304772
It's possible, but the Blackrock orcs are some real assholes. It's not terribly unlikely that the devs just forgot or didn't care enough to make a broken statue.
>>
File: Kikiri.jpg (135 KB, 858x900) Image search: [Google]
Kikiri.jpg
135 KB, 858x900
>>46286933
Either during the Scourge invasion during the Third War or just prior to Vanilla WoW.

Depends on the time period. During the Scourge Invasion they'd be Alliance soldiers trying to hold back the zmobies n' shit. If I go with just pre-Vanilla they'd be Horde explorers on Kalimdor.

Nah. The old lore is pretty awesome.

Might play up the religious aspects of each society more than they are in-game. Orcs giving their shamans major respect, trolls being justifiably but still insanely superstitious, most humans being very, very pious. Stuff like that.

They are not.
>>
>>46286933
Between TFT and Vanilla.

I would have to ask the players a long time in advance what interests them. The setting is large, and I'd be up for them playing whatever they liked. If I chose, they'd be a part of the glorious Scarlet Crusade. They'd have to choose to be xenophobic, crusading pricks, righteous reformers, or eventually deserters.

Saidan Dathrohan, Taelan Fordring, Tirion Fordring maybe, Brigitte Abbendis any named NPC from a Scarlet instance from WoW.

Not really. Dathrohan is secretly Balnazzar, Taelan is a young, impressionable idealist under Isillien's heel, and Fordring is the crazy hermit watching his son from afar. Most other NPCs don't have much going written for them, so I can do as I see fit. Renault Mograine and Sally Whitemane may need to officially be a couple to prevent some people from trying to waifu her. []Unless they like shackles and hot pokers.[]

The time period I'd be using hasn't gone full insanity and retcons yet, so I wouldn't need to change a whole lot. What I would definitely do is make Night Elves their own separate faction, along with the Forsaken. Kul Tiras would be far more active in Alliance politics, as they were always hugely in favor of it. Might have Gilneas thinking about filling Lordaeron's shoes, and uniting the remnants of Dalaran, Alterac, and Stromgarde under their banner. Might require some more planning before I implement something that big.

But anon, they aren't. Pic related are.
>>
>>46304164
they still remember what happened the last time Lothar was struck down.
>>
Do we have any frame of reference for distances/travel times in Warcraft? Is Goldshire supposed to be a day away from Stormwind? An hour? Five minutes?
>>
>>46306146
No, and that's what bothers me more than anything else
>>
>>46306146
I usually say that it's a day away. But nobody is caring about traveltime in game anyway and I never GM'd a TRPG WoW setting.
>>
File: 1457575075796.jpg (598 KB, 1000x1352) Image search: [Google]
1457575075796.jpg
598 KB, 1000x1352
I quit around WotlK/Cata. Reading the threads, apparently the main enemy of the expansion after that is a horde from an alternate reality/the past. Did it turn out as bad as it sounds? Because that sounds cringey as fuck and dumb as hell.
>>
>>46307152
No, after Cata was MoP, in which the main villain srt of switched from patch to patch, ending on Garrosh.

It's WoD, which came after MoP, that had alternate-history Horde.

And yes, it was incredibly stupid, the only good thing about that expansion was the model updates, and that was a ludicrously minor thing
>>
>>46307152
Pandaria happened after Cataclysm. You're referring to Warlords of Draenor, which was post-Panda.

It was bad, though I'd argue that the awfulness comes from the utter lack of content. Many of the quests were genuinely interesting and fun but there was just so little to do once you got done with the quests. The raids and dungeons felt very samey, player garrison mechanics made crafting a cakewalk, gold was incredibly easy to earn, alternate Draenor seemed smaller than Outland even without flying, and a lot of questions went unanswered.
>>
>>46307239

WoW still looks like junk in a lot of places.

It's just showing it's age badly at this point. I honestly got confused, trying to get back into it and realizing how little customization I had in my character's looks.
>>
>>46307263
They should have just bit the bullet and made WoW 2 by now
>>
>>46307279

At this point they are running into the issue that they have so few places left to take WoW and so much built up that they can't look even half as pretty as modern MMOs.

I mean, I'm not asking for Blade and Soul customization with every character's looks but it really shows it's age at this point with models and general design.
>>
>>46307152
Why aren't there more badass draenei like this? I would be a draenei fanboy in a heartbeat.

>>46307279
I don't see why Blizzard couldn't make a WoW 2 and have some process by which players for a fee of course have their WoW characters converted to WoW 2.
>>
File: 1458013017083.jpg (56 KB, 550x469) Image search: [Google]
1458013017083.jpg
56 KB, 550x469
____ __ _ ______ ______
>>
>>46307325
>I don't see why Blizzard couldn't make a WoW 2 and have some process by which players for a fee of course have their WoW characters converted to WoW 2.
No. WoW should go f2p or really cheap, like 10 bucks a year.

WoW2 should be a new start for everyone with something cosmetic, like titles for WoW veterans.
>>
>>46307325

The issue with WoW 2 is the same issue with 'Updating old WoW'. People want more things. WoW 2 would, barring fucking magic, have less stuff than WoW as it currently is.

So you'd be asking people to start playing a new game with a much smaller endgame than WoW currently.
>>
>>46307381
In other words: exactly the same problem Cataclysm had
>>
>>46307381
Fuck endgame! I enjoy the journey and exploration, not farming over and over same stuff to get stuff to farm other stuff over and over again.
>>
>>46307460

That, however, makes you not a Whale. From a marketing perspective. Whale are those guys that will spend a shittone of money on a game even if there is little actual progression/work needed.

End Game Farmers are WoW's whales. Not the guys who get bored at endgame if there is nothing to explore and drift off.
>>
>>46307516
For WoW 2.0 I think something other than new raids would probably be needed to keep the whales around. The constant need for new and more dangerous enemies to raid against was a driving factor in the plot getting so insane.

If you loosened the faction system towards something closer to the old reputation system rather than the hard-locked two factions you have now you might be able to replace it with a more robust PvP system at the endgame.

Mind, I'm not saying that raids should be done away with entirely, just that using them as the primary method of retaining whales is just going to be repeating the same old mistakes.
>>
>>46307563
>The constant need for new and more dangerous enemies to raid against was a driving factor in the plot getting so insane.

I don't know why this had to be the case though. Skill progression is a game mechanic; not a plot one. If that were the case, Gelbin Mekkatorque could solo Gnomer by himself and that entire story would be pointless.
>>
>>46307612
At least some of the whales enjoy a raid for the sense of achievement. And while tackling a raid that is tougher mechanically is also an achievement, it's somewhat lessened if the enemy you bring down isn't also actually tougher than the previous ones, if you get what I mean?

Taking down the Lich King is a bigger achievement than taking down Kel'Thuzad not only because the fight is harder, but also because the Lich King is acknowledged to be far more dangerous, for example.
>>
>>46307715
As a vanilla vet, kel'thuzad in his origional incarnation is a much more difficult fight than the LK
>>
>>46307799
Yes, maybe 3% of the playerbase managed to beat Kel'thuzad.
>>
>>46307799
>>46308144
Kel Thuzad was like every other bose a damage sponge with overscaled and boring abilities. Lich King 25hc was together with Lei Shen the best fight in the whole game
>>
>>46306146
Razor Hill is supposed to be 3 days away from Orgrimmar, and I'm pretty sure Goldshire is closer to Stormwind than that, so like a day and a half or so
>>
>>46307460
You kind of need to ahve something to do in the endgame in order to keep people interested between expansions. Unless you're the type who keeps levelling new characters to max level, you'll probably quite pretty quickly once you reach level cap and have nothing to do.

That's pretty much what finally made me quit wow. I rather like raiding, since fighting difficult bosses with a bunch of friends was fun, but it was also very time-consuming and tiring, and besides that there wasn't really anything to do but daily quests.
After I had to stop raiding due to my summer job necessiating me getting up at 6am every morning, I decided that rather than compete with the guy they brought in to replace me I'd just retire and move on. I still occasionally miss playing WoW, and likr trading "war stories" with my bro who played before me and was in a pretty good raiding guild in Vanilla, but I wouldn't really have the time or will to start raiding again and I know there isn't anything else to do once you hit level cap.
>>
>>46308180
Source?
>>
>>46308180
>>46308332
I believe it was mentioned in that one book about Jaina and Thrall stopping a Dreadlord from starting a war between Theramore and Orgrimmar. (The one where they have a depowered Aegwyn show up, funny enough even after Aegwyn died in that bullshit Medan arc they kept the character in Dustwallow that everyone thinks is Aegwyn, so it's probably been totally retconned)

Also I believe it's either three days to cross the Barrens by Zeppelin or three days from Orgrimmar to Desolace in that Bloodsworn comic.
>>
>>46308164
Lie shen yes, great fight. Very fun from a tanking perspective.

Kel'thuzad I like a lot more than LK tho, but its bias. I never found arthas's fight to be engaging, plus that cinematic at the end

KT is hella fun tho, he can MC a shamen and give himself bloodlust (not in vanilla obv.). Also he can definatly still kill you if you are dumb and army because you can still get hit by the ice block
>>
So in all honesty how do you think Blizz will end the story of Warcraft? I mean they are going more and more towards giving a conclusion to all of their old IP's. SC got it's end in LoV, D3 has very little to go on now since the evils are more or less curb stomp level of enemies compared to the current heroes and where can WoW go from after Legion and the inevitable new Old Gods expansion?
>>
>>46308198
Getting cosmetic stuff? Small content patches moving story further without the need to farm and grind? Story events?
Reduce heirloom and other stuff that give you bonus to exp. Cut the crap with the whole racing to endgame and the real game starts at the max level.
Make it so you can have max level characters and did completely different zones to get there, like in vanilla you could do Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest, Arathi Highlands, or you could start with Kalimdor zones, and even there you could go to Ashenvale or Stonetalon Mountains or Thousand Needles.
>>
>>46309271
>Make it so you can have max level characters and did completely different zones to get there, like in vanilla you could do Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest, Arathi Highlands, or you could start with Kalimdor zones, and even there you could go to Ashenvale or Stonetalon Mountains or Thousand Needles.
You still CAN do that, it's just got fewer breadcrumb quests requiring you to stop over in ALL of those zones like Vanilla did.

(Remember the Zul'Gurub entry quest where you visited every jungle, forest, and sand troll location including LBRS and also had to stop in Feralas for Windserpent shit?)
>>
Why didn't they just flip Pandaria upside down? It makes no sense for stuff at the southern most reaches of the planet to be swampy while the parts closest to the jungles stranglethorne and the former jungles of Kalimdor are snowy and cold.
>>
>>46309485
Elevation m8
>>
>>46309485
You realise that there's snow in the northern Andes right? Year-round snow pretty much on top of the equator?
>>
>>46309485
>>46309532
True, the excuse for Kun Lai is elevation, (Same reason the wetlands and Badlands are warm while the areas around them are cold.)

But I still don't like Krasarang being so warm so far south, plus it's the main battlefield for the invasion, so why even bother having it on the south?

So people questing in Kun Lai don't think Zandalar is to the south of Pandaria?
>>
I know there was a World of Warcraft tabletop RPG when Vanilla WoW came out, but do you think there will ever be another one with the new races, classes, and lore? Or is that just not possible anymore?
>>
>>46309694
Probably not, no. The old one was effectively a modification of D&D 3.5 that was only possible through the OGL. The TTRPG publishers today are generally interested in pushing their own IP to go with it, rather than licencing.

The only publisher I can think of offhand that does its work primarily in licensed settings today is FFG, so unless they're contracted to make a WoW D100 or Blizzard puts together a team to make their own system, there isn't going to be a new one coming out.
>>
>>46309694
There's nothing to say it isn't possible, as Blizzard was willing to make a card game that has been moderately successful, but the tabletop RPG was just a cloned 3.5e and it was also filled with a lot of inaccurate lore.

I like to assume that once all the Chronicles have been released and all the lore is standardized, there may be a better possibility of a tabletop game.
>>
>>46308884
Most likely with the awakening of Azeroth/Elune. Sure, there's the possibility that live continues on their skin, but I feel it's much more likely that we get a complete wipe of life of the original surface. The races probably get relocated on another planet with the option of continuing a new timeline.
>>
>>46308438
Well, Blizzard seems intent to retcon Medan and anything to do with him out of all existence.
>>
File: 1500x500.jpg (132 KB, 1500x500) Image search: [Google]
1500x500.jpg
132 KB, 1500x500
So, what does everyone here think about Y'Shaarj and the Sha, and how would you make them work in conditions not limited by the MMO videogame format?
>>
>>46311243
Good riddance. He was an absolutely shitty character, and sounds like something straight out of some teenager's freeform forum RPG ("he's a half-orc half-human half-draenei who'se related to one of the most famosu wizards in the setting, and he's also a shaman and champion of the Light!").
>>
>>46311814
Honestly, I could accept his existence if they handled it with a bit of self-awareness and implied that he was part of a scheme by the Infinite Dragonflight to engineer a vessel for some tremendous power.
>>
>>46312007
>More behind-the-scenes scheming involving ULTIMATE POWER

didn't we start these threads to escape this atrocity?
>>
>>46312263
How much of that do we actually see?

Also, the scenario I presented has one major point in its favor. After Med'an's purpose has come to light and Azeroth is well and properly doomed, we'll have to stop him by traveling back in time to erase the moment the Infinite Dragonflight grafted onto the timeline and prevent Med'an from ever being conceived in the first place.

Thus the great heroes of Azeroth personally retcon him out of existence, saving the world from the greatest abomination it had ever encountered.
>>
>>46312506
I can't comment on ingame, I haven't played since early Burning Crusade.

I have, however, kept up with the plot development and most of it seems to boil down to "This super secret society wants to summon an evil with absurd powerlevels" or "This super secret society with absurd powerlevels gets corrupted into being evil".

Your take on Med'an's retcon sure is metahumorous, but since he's just a comic character, I believe it's no biggie to just disregard him because only a small number of diehards read them, at all.
>>
>>46312971
And a good chunk of those Die-hards are more than happy to see 90% of the post-Wrynn comic thrown out.
>>
>>46309666
Elevation and titan engines, aint gotta explain shit
>>
>>46312971
That's a bit simplified as far as the plot goes. Sure, there's a lot of ancient things people want to revive but I think that's mixed up pretty well with other things. I kind of see Med'an's existence as laughably ridiculous, involving a prophecy of unknown origin, and contradicting Medivh's last words in Warcraft III.

However, his existence is still referenced and it opens up an opportunity via the butterfly effect. You could argue that the Infinite Dragonflight's temporal graft has soured every moment that came after, like a disease that steadily builds and worsens as each altered moment causes the next to deviate yet further from its proper course.

Once you have him eliminated, our heroes can return to a world restored to its proper destiny and entirely transformed from the one they left behind. One without so much stupid bullshit, where the things that happened actually made sense.
>>
>>46313471
yeah, medan being a plot would be awesome.
>>
>>46313471
>>46314489
No, no not at all. Just fucking ignore his ass.

Retcon deaths from his comic to underline it's not canon.
>>
>>46314554
so who dies in his comics?
>>
>>46314784
Aegwynn.
>>46314554
Sure, we COULD do that and ignore every time he's been referenced since then, OR we could use him as the vehicle for undoing every stupid event since he was born. The end result is that he never existed either way.
>>
>>46314847
eh, I like to think she passed into legend like medivh
>>
>>46314847
>Sure, we COULD do that and ignore every time he's been referenced since then, OR we could use him as the vehicle for undoing every stupid event since he was born. The end result is that he never existed either way.

He's mentioned in a profile for Garona on the Blizzard website, and some of the events SURROUNDING him are mentioned, but I don't recall a name drop, hell i don't even think Garona mentioned him in the Twilight Highlands though i may be wrong.

>>46314895
I wasn't too huge a fan of her getting brought back in the first place, but the way they killed her off for an even bigger piece of stupidity was worse.
>>
>>46314965
Yeah, they've mostly ignored him. However, who doesn't like incredibly stupid time travel adventures to cement the fact that a character is well and truly gone and never coming back?
>>
>>46307351
best dragon waifu
>>
>>46307351
Anon you fucked up, it should be
____ __ _ ______(____).
>>
>>46316532
____ __ _ ______ ______(____)., actually.
>>
I like the Pandaren
>>
>>46317091
see, as a race they are alright. Hell nearly all of pandaria was pretty cool, but taran zhu was a faggot
>>
>>46317623
At least Taran Zhu proves that pandaren aren't inherently good people, and that they have to work at it the same as every other race.

He was a dick, but he was a dick that served a purpose.
>>
>>46317899
nah, he was a holier than thou faggot.

>muh people have suffered the most because of abloobloo vale
>>
Fuck pandaren, Mogu did no wrong.

>that fatass who dies while saying " Forgive me emperor, I have failed you."
>>
>>46318633
>Mogu did no wrong.

They lost to Pandas.
>>
>>46318794
>
only because outsiders intervened
>>
>>46292202

But..eh, wouldn't she, y'know, be in her forties?

I mean Thrall was like, mid-to-late-twenties when he began the exodus.
>>
>>46290272
>Why would the Legion be allowed to roam free across the universe undoing the work of the Titans if the Titans were still around?

I always thought it was because the Titans were manchildren that just got tired with their toys and moved on.

I mean, Old Gods can be killed, but it takes a tremendous amount of effort even for the Titans, so they just stuck them deep into the ground and called it a day.
>>
>>46318800
They lost pretty handily long before Mists. They were becoming something of a threat again, but really only because of other outsider interference (Zandalari trolls rezzing Lei Shen, plus the Shadopan being distracted by all the sha outbreaks caused by RED and BLU showing up),
>>
>>46317936
why can Blizzard's main characters only be corrupt or objectively correct holier than thou dickheads?
>>
>>46317936
I think eh thought that the corruption to the Vale's runoff would ruin the Valley of the Four Winds, and cause massive famine across the entire continent.
>>
>>46319470
Well, actually, Taran Zhu ends up getting possessed by the Sha of Violence (or maybe Hatred, I can't remember) in his desire to see the outsiders ousted from Pandaria. He mellowed out a bit after it was purged from him and he realized that it was basically only Garrosh that was shitting all over Pandaland and that most of the Alliance and non-Kor'kron-loyalist Horde wanted to help Taran Zhu.
>>
File: Blackrock_Depths_bosses.jpg (730 KB, 2315x1000) Image search: [Google]
Blackrock_Depths_bosses.jpg
730 KB, 2315x1000
I wish I had done enough of the DS1-DS2 quest to summon the bonus bosses for the Ring of the Law before Cata Hit.

They seemed like such an interesting band of adventurers. A Bronzebeard more comfortable with the Dark Iron, a Centaur with a Hyena pet, a quilboar geomancer lady, a goblin engineer and I think a few others.

Felt like a great adventuring party. THe kind I'd want to GM a game for.
>>
>>46321069
Well the Bronzebeard was a member of a mercenary band that failed to slay a boss in Blackrock Spire, like how players are all adventurers trying to kill bosses of their own, and failed. He was described as egotistical and immoral (as he beat a former mercenary member to an inch of his life) , so he probably became one of Shadowforge's chief attractions, along with a motley crew group of gladiators. If you look closely at the NPCs in Blackrock Depths, there are plenty of non-Dark Irons about. The Dark Irons aren't a discriminatory sort to race, they just hate whatever group you might be representing.
>>
>>46321135
Yeah I know they had a lot of humans and a few others about the arena, pluss Ribnly and what not.

I just find him fascinating,
>>
>>46299846
On top of that, I think the atmosphere of a huge, bustling area where the Draenei reside would have been something unique and really cool to see. We haven't really seen something like that with the Draenei outside of maybe the Exodar (canonically, at least. In-game it's a ghost town), so for the Alliance capital to be based in essentially what became the Black Temple before it was overrun by the orcs and Shadow Council would have been really fun to experience.
>>
File: Neltharion_The_Earth-Warder.jpg (136 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Neltharion_The_Earth-Warder.jpg
136 KB, 1600x900
>>46302542
I wonder if they'd ever consider making an uncorrupted version of Deathwing back when he was still known as Neltharion the Earthwarder.
>>
>>46323197
>Neltharion and his dragonflight vs all of the corrupted aspects and their dragonflights
I like the sound of that.
>>
>>46319017
I just wanted to find the prince and get the fuck out but noooo the horde had to start shit
>>
>>46323485
Or just corrupted Alex with Deathwing leading the other flights?

And maybe the Green flight getting near annihilated and its aspect driven mad like the Blue Flight did in our world.
>>
>>46288481
Your draenei plot could involve the Sha. It wasn't known until late MoP that Sha were essentially dreams of a dead old god run amok, so your space goats could be tasked to look into this strange new dark (potentially shadow) energy that spawns abominations which feed off emotion.

Gnomes? Fuck if I know, trying to teach the glory of TINKERING and MACHINES to the technologically backwards mooks known as Pandaren?
>>
>>46323608
Although not necessarily MoP related, I feel it's a shame they didn't do more with the gnomes and Ulduar. Here is a collection of ancient technologies that they could adopt and innovate upon and in situation where they try to implement it, cataclysmic and bizarre occurrences happen relating to old Keeper technology.
>>
>>46323608
Grummels were made from Troggs.

They Mogu fixed a flaw even the titans couldn't. The secret of rehabilitating Troggs seems like something the Gnomes would want.
>>
>>46323681
I considered that connection, but how would modern day Gnomeregan-gnomes come across the ancient information that the mogu turned troggs into grummle? And it's sort of contrived in the context of MoP's story.

>>46323678
Can't disagree. But cool context just getting swept under the rug and forgotten about is just how Warcraft works nowadays.

But I can't imagine Gnomeregan didn't send a sizable team up there with the Explorer's League. Maybe the Keepers we freed kicked everybody out of Ulduar after we killed Yogg, though.

Unless you meant they should've done more with the gnomes way back during the actual Ulduar patch, then yeah, it's a shame.
>>
>>46323838
>I considered that connection, but how would modern day Gnomeregan-gnomes come across the ancient information that the mogu turned troggs into grummle? And it's sort of contrived in the context of MoP's story.
I believe that one of the books or lorewalker scrolls has it mentioned. So the Pandas knew.
>>
File: Troll female Conceal_full.jpg (72 KB, 1024x793) Image search: [Google]
Troll female Conceal_full.jpg
72 KB, 1024x793
I love how much art the original TCG and hearthstone have made.
>>
>>46324064
Yeah, they've got a lot of really good artists working on that.
>>
Man, the WoW comic, even in the Logash arc had some stilted dialogue. And Valeera's addiction was a little overplayed. Still pretty decent though.
>>
File: edwin.gif (5 MB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
edwin.gif
5 MB, 286x395
>>46324064
A lot of the rogue art is really nice looking.
>>
A sane replacement for Me'derp. Some random kid with a titan relic bonded to him. Not super powerful, just the right kind of energy to either revive or further "Kill" C'thun.

No greater plot relevance than that, just a kid with a titanforged old god disection tool stuck in his chest.

It someone must INSIST on keeping his draenei orc appearance make him part of Gul'dan's eugenics program gifted to Sargeras-Medivh and put in some sorta stasis.
>>
>>46324813
That's still sounds awful.
>>
>>46324984
I know. Just 3am spitballing.
>>
>tfw no harem of orc girls to with each other for my pleasure
>>
>>46307325
I doubt WoW 2 would fix anything.

Really what I want is just a final version of the lore, good or bad. Which I guess we're kinda getting with Chronicles.
>>
>>46325232
> tfw roleplaying as Left & Right with a friend
>>
I wish Shatt had been a city occupied by multiple forced like Strom. It's a beautiful city but it was so underutilized and had like no quests or reasons to go there. I hated how the daily related to it was go wherever and kill whatever you want, so damn lazy.
>>
>>46327902
MU shattrah is so good
>>
>>46327902

It was originally going to be a raid.

RIP
>>
>>46328220
It seems like we missed out on a metric ton of content due to either time constraints or laziness.
>>
>>46328326
>>46328220
I really hope that Blizzard eventually release a Chronicle book about the Warlords of Draenor campaign including all the cut content
>>
>>46328367
Honestly, I don't. Would you really want a detailed list of all the content that you never actually got to see? To a certain extent I think I prefer not to know, ignorance is bliss and all.
>>
>>46328326

Karabor and Bladespire were also supposed to be Alliance/Horde capital cities instead of Stormshield/Warspear.

So, RIP to that as well.
>>
>>46328394
> Would you really want a detailed list of all the content that you never actually got to see?
A thousand times yes. A lot of stuff already happen only in books or comics, so as long as I know the story I don't give much fucks
>>
>>46328367

Well, if it counts for anything, the next Chronicle volume will be about Draenor and the First and Second Wars.
>>
>>46328720
then they will have my money

any ETA?
>>
File: wowx5-artwork-046-full.jpg (1010 KB, 1176x1200) Image search: [Google]
wowx5-artwork-046-full.jpg
1010 KB, 1176x1200
>>46329029

No clue. Probably Q3 or Q4 next year, I'd guess.
>>
>>46329092
>tfw WoD is the best WoW has ever looked in both design and graphics, but it's so ridiculously and blatantly unfinished that it hurts to play
>>
File: WoD_Cast.png (797 KB, 1146x335) Image search: [Google]
WoD_Cast.png
797 KB, 1146x335
>>46329160

>tfw the hype for WoD was so real
>>
>>46329160
>the best WoW has ever looked in both design and graphics,
Unless you had certain kinds of Undead female, liked Grimtotem skull paint, liked the small noses and big curves on Dwarf females, played any sort of Nightelf male, or find the new size and angle female human shoulderpads sit at unnatural and freaky.
>>
>>46329160
this. bad storylines and the shameful amount of cut content
>>
File: lol.jpg (448 KB, 1074x1078) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
448 KB, 1074x1078
>>46329233
>played any sort of Nightelf male
>>
>>46329233
just Gorgrond and the old draenei architecture more than makes up for all of that because I don't play Alliance or undead females
>>
File: TheLandOfSquanderedPotential.png (630 KB, 725x683) Image search: [Google]
TheLandOfSquanderedPotential.png
630 KB, 725x683
>>46329092
>>46329160
>>46329182
>>46329233
>>46329242
>>
>>46329429
The worst part is how we didn't get to see the Fields of Farhalon (Netherstorm), and how Tempest Keep and the rest of the zone looked before Draenor became Outland.
>>
File: elune.png (95 KB, 409x516) Image search: [Google]
elune.png
95 KB, 409x516
>>46328720
So they are intentionally leaving the Elune topic vague as fuck.
>>
One idea I've heard that I really liked was making Velhari a former compatriot of Yrel who turns to the Legion instead of the light in her desperation and acts as a parallel and rival to Yrel through the expansion. Could've been cool.
>>
>>46329574
I'm okay with that. I like some random moon goddess around. Her priestesses have real power too. I just hope they don't make her a naaru or the nascent titan of the planet.
>>
>>46330416
>I just hope they don't make her a naaru or the nascent titan of the planet.
This, honestly. Also, keeping the mystery about her helps maintaining her originality, compared to other beings we already have in the universe. For myself, I like to think she's a wandering alien god-like being, who took home in one of Azeroth's moon. Turns out she changed her original form, as signal of her love towards the kaldorei.
>>
File: VarienWrynnKingofStormwind.jpg (35 KB, 376x494) Image search: [Google]
VarienWrynnKingofStormwind.jpg
35 KB, 376x494
You're introducing Varian Wrynn to your campaign how do you handle him? Do you stick with the amnesiac gladiator? Or would you have something else in mind?
>>
File: 1458284709934.png (567 KB, 1000x1423) Image search: [Google]
1458284709934.png
567 KB, 1000x1423
>>46331219
I ask him about his daughter
>>
>>46331219
him being a kind guy but kinda hoodwinked by onyxia is better
>>
>>46331219
>>46331261
I sorta wish they'd kept he "Split king" thing as an ability in his fights.
>>
>>46329429
welp, here's hoping that with legion blizzard learned enough from WoD to not do it again.
>>
File: Aduin and Wrathion.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1762) Image search: [Google]
Aduin and Wrathion.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1762
>>46331219
Him riding on Wrathion's back while the latter is in dragon form and pulling off dynamic entries that result in mayhem and havoc.
>>
>>46329574
That picture is fucking awful
>>46329429
At one point, they were actually going to do something with the Dragon involvement too. In my mind, one should never half-ass a time travel plot. Unfortunately, that's exactly what they did.
>>
>>46332186
BLACK DRAGONFLIGHTED when?
>>
>>46332242
Psh, everyone knows that Wrathion is just one more addition to Anduin's (Mostly dwarf girl) harem.
>>
File: ;.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
;.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>tfw never ever
>>
>>46333493
Pffft...
>>
>>46333640
man, there really isn't art of them when both are living right?
>>
>>46333493
Now I heard that Jaina had a dream of what would've happened if she helped Arthas in his revenge.

Lich Queen Jaina. That is all.
>>
>>46333640
surely he fucked her a few times before scourging her right?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.