[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emperor of mankind time travels to the 41st mill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Emperor-of-Mankind.jpg (95 KB, 640x372) Image search: [Google]
Emperor-of-Mankind.jpg
95 KB, 640x372
A fleet of ships carrying the emperor of mankind appears, this ship is dated at the time of the great crusades.

However.. this isn't the emperor you know today its the emperor of the past. His ship was thrown far forward into the future.

What would be the reaction of the imperium of man or even the enemys of mankind?
>>
>>46285121
From Chaos points of view. Kill the emperor, Win the war.
>>
That would mean that it's either a parallel universe emps, or that the emps in the present and the emps in the past are the same, so the present emps already has the experience of time travel and somehow the past emps went back to the past adn whatever he did, the Imperium still ended up in the same shit state.

TLDR fuck time travel.
>>
File: Be'lakor.png (1 MB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor.png
1 MB, 600x800
>>46285121
>What would be the reaction of the imperium of man or even the enemys of mankind?

They won't have a reaction. Be'lakor would use his time warping powers to erase the Emperor and reset the timeline to the way it is.
>>
>>46285152
Well, He would have to return eventually or risk destroying the timeline and the universe.

Question is do you go back knowing your gonna die or do something about it.
>>
>>46285121
Emperor heals the Emperor and then the duo Emperors rule from the Throne and the field.
>>
>>46285235
FYI, The emperor betrays the emperor.

There can only be one.
>>
>>46285266
No, the Emperor is one. Their minds have melded to become one and share two bodies. Even if one should fall he would only grow more powerful
>>
The idea reminds me of the ending to the Babylon 5 episode Come the Inquisitor

Sebastian: ".. I was .. found by the Vorlons. They showed me the terrible depth of my mistake, .. my crimes, my .. presumption. I have done 400 years of penance in their service. A job, for which they said I was ideally suited. Now, perhaps, they will finally let me die."
>>
>>46285274
The issue is that if you changed things it would be felt in an instant or rather you in the present would already feel these changes immediatly. So if things changed you would never know it in a sense. Your actions in the past immediatly effect *your entire life up to that point*.

It gets weirder. Say you build a time machine in order to go back in time to kill Hitler. Cliche I know. Let's say you succeed. The change is that he becomes an unknown footnote in history. Which is then felt immediately on present day you, who never grew up learning much about him, which means you don't know who Hitler is and don't care. Which means you never built the time machine in the first place. Okay maybe you do since you're apparently capable but lets say that was the only "responsible" action you were comfortable taking or maybe you just hated Hitler that much and without him you never got motivated enough. I digress, because you didn't build the time machine you never go back in time. This consequence is then felt immediately in the present and you know who Hitler is etc. etc. Rinse and repeat. Really, even if you built the time machine anyway you wouldn't interefere with people you don't know or care about which Hitler would become if you killed him which means you leave him untouched which means he survives...I'm sure you get it.
>>
>>46285153
>Implying Belakor could do jack shit to the emps

Emperor would rape his ass across the galaxy
>>
File: 1450855141203.jpg (30 KB, 352x344) Image search: [Google]
1450855141203.jpg
30 KB, 352x344
>>46285640
>he doesn't work with timelines
>>
File: 2009_01_10_Fyrbrand.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2009_01_10_Fyrbrand.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>46285121
>past emps revives present emps
>they fix the golden throne
>chaos' face when double the trouble
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.