[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My MtG ban list wants for April: Standard: Jace, Vryn's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 4
File: banned.png (54 KB, 320x258) Image search: [Google]
banned.png
54 KB, 320x258
My MtG ban list wants for April:

Standard: Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and Collected Company are banned.

Modern: Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi Temple are banned. Ancestral Vision and Stoneforge Mystic are unbanned.

Legacy: Sensei's Divining Top is banned

Vintage: Mishra's Workshop is restricted. Chalice of the Void and Trinisphere are unrestricted.
>>
>>46283925
>waaah i don't know how to play magic and big mean blue is big and mean, fug counterspells and everything that isn't aggro, why can't i turn my cards left in peace and the opponent fold and die, this isn't like my japanese animus :^)
>>
>>46283950
OP learned Magic by watching Yugioh
>>
>>46283960
I've noticed.
>>
>>46283960
WAAAH COUNTERSPELLS COUNTERED MY EGYPTIAN GOD CARDS!!!! PLS BAN!!!!!
>>
SDT is the only reason Legacy is good. Don't even play Miracles, and I know that.

Wants:

Standard - who cares
Modern - Nuke the whole format
Legacy - Ban: Show and Tell, Unban Goblin Recruiter + Surival of the Fittest.
>>
>>46284366
Why ban show? That deck isn't oppressive at all.
>>
OP suggests that we ruin every format. Standard and modern by just letting them do what they already do, banning a deck in legacy and vintage because it made him feel bad.

Best changes:
Legacy: mind twist,earthcraft and survival unbanned.

Vintage: chalice unrestricted, lodestone restricted, preordain restricted
>>
>>46283925

>Standard: Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and Collected Company are banned.
For what fucking purpose? Jace isn't even bad in STD and CoCo can be soft countered with Hallowed Moonlight.
>Modern: Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi Temple are banned. Ancestral Vision and Stoneforge Mystic are unbanned.
Okay sure Eye ban is reasonable but not the Eldrazi Temple. You're going to pretty much kill an entire deck off that WotC still want to thrive so they can sell packs. AV being unbanned is fine and Stoneforge would be fine as well.
>Legacy: Sensei's Diving Top is banned
Seems reasonable but also seems unwarranted.
>Vintage: Mishra's Workshop is restricted. Chalice of the Void and Trinisphere are unrestricted.
Restricting Workshop is silly and i don't even play Shops in vintage. And unrestricted Chalice of the Void and Trinisphere is completely fucking nuts.
>>
I want top unbanned and ban on people who durdle fuck a week with top 3 cards.
>>
Unban Unglued and Unhinged sets
Ban everything else.
Laugh as madness ensues.
>>
>>46284757
Not OP, but unrestricting chalice and sphere would heavily screw over combo and cheap tricks, while giving "fair" decks a chance in vintage. Sure, it would push shops over the top - that's where restricted shops come into play. But that could be too harsh, I would rather restrict tomb or something.
>>
ITT: people who don't play four formats commenting on shit they don't know.

Easy peasy - Jace isn't so bad because less fetchlands, collected company is whatever.

In modern, just ban eye of ugin, none of the vendors are buying them up anyway. Let people complain, whatever. Ban Mimic too, the shit. kill the early plays and let it transform into a midrange deck.

Legacy, whatever. Format is fine.

Vintage: Who gives a fuck? I'm not buying a deck instead of a house.
>>
>>46287811
Did you play vintage in 4 3sphere era? Have you ever played vintage?
>>
>>46288110
Spot the combo/delver player.
>>
>>46284572
Well it does kill off all the decks that aren't blue or Death and Taxes but more to the point it's just a boring card imo.
>>
>>46288219
Imagine this:
Turn one on the play, ancient tomb/city of traitors+mox+trinisphere. They kept a hand without force of will.

They play a land and pass.

You uptap and play a ravager/any creature and pass.

They untap, play a land. They can now maybe cast gitaxian probe.

You untap, cast a creature/do whatever, they cant cast anything. If you cast a tangle wire, the game is basically over. Even if they kept a hand where they're able to make their first 5 land drops, they wont be able to make any play until the sixth turn.

Turn 1 trinisphere is a turn one kill. If you've ever been on the receiving end of that, you would probably know that. What you're saying is that blue decks should all mulligan to force on the draw so they dont just lose?
>>
>>46287964
Legacy has been the same Format for like 4 years now. It needs a change up, but not in the banning Miracles way.
>>
>>46288292
Unless they also get tangle, and unless you are a scrub playing mentor, tezzcast or some other bullshit (assuming by this time people will adjust to the new meta) you could, you know, just use a different game plan? One that involves permanents?
>>
>>46283925
When exactly will we know about new banned cards?
>>
>>46288385
Exactly. Unless they're also playing shops. Oh boy every single vintage match is a shops mirror? Color me excited!
>>
>>46288272
It doesnt really kill the non-blue decks, its just harder to beat then storm. Try running more containment priests.
>>
>>46288385
The problem is you're unrestricting a card that is going to fuck up other decks for no reason. It's not like allowing 4 copies is going to balance the meta out and solve issues. It's just going to make it more degenerate.
>>
>>46288459
If they want to make a retarded change to the restricted list to "fix" the metagame, just restrict gush.
>>
>>46288431
Or dredge v shops because dredge doesn't need to cast spells!
>>
>>46283925
The only thing you did well was modern bans
also, why baning something in fucking standard? learn to play
>>
>>46283925
Ban Eldrazi Temple, unban BBE and Ancestral Visions
>>
>>46284366
>ban show
Sure, ban a sorcery speed combo that can be countered. why not better do you learn to play?
but i agree they should unban survival of the fittest
>>
>>46288297
>muh rotating eternal format
Stick to modern.
>>
>>46288297
You want change? go play standard
>>
>>46290220
Seriously though, this a thousand times over. If you play Modern or standard and want to get into Legacy, don't make suggestions about the format.
>>
>>46288297
Eldrazi making stompy relevant. DTT pushing grixis and omnitell over.

What else has happened in legacy last 4 years?
>>
>>46290820
Reanimator made a big comeback, deathrite shaman made midrange playable and enabled a bunch of decks with shitty mana, more playable tombstalker creatures, true name, young pyromancer, monastery mentor
>>
>>46284366
Is this the same guy that says in every thread or is this a meme? Legacy is not held together by miracles, jesus you dumb fucks go back to modern.
>>
>>46283925
>standard bannings
pft like that is ever gonna happen

>Stoneforge Mystic unban
That would literally never ever happen, and if somehow it did Batterskull would get banned
>>
>>46283925
Is Jace, Vryn's Prodigy going to be $100 forever? Need one for Cube.

Why am I asking this bozo though, look at his proposed ban list. Big LOLs over here.
>>
>>46293030
Legacy is held together by the format not being a "ban the best deck" format.
>>
>>46291011
Every set except for theros has had at least one eternal card for the last couple years
>>
>>46295069

Do you mean Theros as a set or as the block in whole?
>>
>>46295666
Even Theros as a set itself is not true since they reprinted Thoughtseize

Also Master of Waves
>>
>>46295666
The block as a whole. I guess i meant each block had eternal playables

>>46295689
Theros had spirit of the labyrinth and mana confluence, but it didn't have any cards that weren't really narrow
>>
>>46295840

Spirit of the Labyrinth, Aegis of the Gods and Eidolon of Rhetoric see play in Eternal formats.(I actually play some of them in a Vintage hatebears list myself.)
>>
>>46295950
They're really narrow was my point. Although you can play them, they only slot into one deck. Hatebears is just an archetype that wotc has been really pushing.
>>
>>46296162
I play Keranos on miracles and heliod on SB of Enchantress
>>
>>46283925
>expecting Standard bans

They happen once in a blue moon, and only when things get really insane
>>
>>46296657
Cards are here and there, but things like delver, mentor, deathrite, stoneforge and young pyromancer created new archetypes.

Keranos and heliod fill the "resilient, grindy finishers" role, while abrupt decay played a reasonably new role in the deck it went it. Versatile permanent removal
>>
Jace is getting a bit silly in standard but it remains to be seen if the new block drives him through the roof so that he requires a ban. I don't think Wizards want to ban anything in standard as it means admitting they printed a mistake. Just looking at prices though, it's been a while since anything was that high, $80 for something in standard is daft.

Collected Company isn't much of anything in standard, only a few decks use it.
>>
>On jace vryns prodigy banning
Plox no!!
I didn't realize he was so expensive now, I still have my foil promo from origins prerelease. Let me sell it off and then you can ban it.
>>
>>46283925
>SFM unban

Hah

Yeah, because that and Batterskull both being Modern legal would make for a great time.
>>
>>46295666
What about that red enchantment creature?
>>
>>46298316
Eidolon of the Great Revel?
>>
>>46298341
That's the one. It sees a little legacy play.
>>
>>46298351
Sees a whole bunch of Modern play too
>>
>>46298372
I really wish >>46295069 was here to see how wrong his comment was.
>>
You guys forgot us Pauper brokebacks.

We just need one card banned. Delver. It dominates every other deck in the meta.
>>
>>46297775
Better than eldrazi and affinity, and not that oppressive
>>
>>46298424
Still here. I believe I explained my reasoning here>>46297185

Theros had a bunch of cards that are good in one very specific deck. Pyrostatic pillar with legs goes in your deck that already wanted pyrostatic pillar. Hatebear goes in Hatebear deck.

A good eternal card in general from theros is swan song. A one mana hard counter is at least worth a thought in legacy, and giving them a creature is relevant in vintage
>>
>>46283925
>Standard banlist
End your life.
>>
>>46298459
This.
Free cloud, kill delver.
>>
>>46283925
You are a colossal vagina, go bleed somewhere else.
>>
>>46288272
Lol no. Lands crop rotates a Karakas and/or Maze of Ith and show does nothing. Imperial Painter wins with a bridge and 1cmc counterspells, Dredge is faster.
>>
>>46303510
And death and taxes runs mana denial + containment priest. His opponent probably just had a good hand and left him salty.
>>
>>46303813
And Karakas. That matchup actually favors Death and Taxes, if they get a karakas out G1 they just win, game 2 spirit of the labrinth, containment priest and pithing needle.
>>
>>46283925
Just ban mimic in modern, eldrazi will be ruined without its bullshit damage that makes any combat oriented color look like shit.
Jace will rotate out of every standard deck with the fetches and will stick around in blue decks where he belongs insteas of splashing for card advantage.
Ban that two mana green enchantment from soi in edh though, that shits busted.
>>
>>46303510
Lmao, tell that to Goblins, Maverick, Zoo etc etc etc.
>>
>>46305359
>Maverick
>Not running maze
>And karakas
>>
>>46303862
Revoker + Karakas is the hard lock.

DnT doesn't play Spirit.
>>
>>46305372
Doesn't do much against T1 Emrakul.
>>
>>46305394
Maze that is.

Sure having your 1 of Karakas is great. Still not a game plan.

Also I just want to play Goblins, fuck off fggts.
>>
Ban: Eye
Unban: BBE and SFM
>>
>>46305394
>Muh deck should only have good MU!
Let's ban all grave hate, is oppressive :^)

Gobbos sucks dick because DRS is horribly over stated at 1/2.
>>
Unban Jace, the mind sculpter
>>
>>46305439

It's way too good yes, but I have literally not lost to a BUG-Deathrite deck in over 2 years with Gobs.

Idk, my meta is all "free win" combo and DnT crushes them but is so boring to play compared to GOBS
>>
>>46306336
last time I checked DRS t1 meant you where mostly dead on the water about lackey fuckery.

To this day I wonder why the fuck it isn't 1/2, the only answer I get is "because then dredge would have it easy to remove it with dorkblast"
>>
>>46306348
According to Osyp Lebedowicizkzjhewheg on an SCG stream, it was because WOTC wanted DRS to be a thing in standard, but because there was so much lingering souls hate being printed at the time, they changed it at the last minute to be a 1/2 instead of a 1/1.

Anyway, I just side out Lackey against all those decks. Goblins is the much better grindy board-control deck and you overwhelm them that way. Also Krenko is a boss in that matchup. Literally 1 card in their 75 kills him.
>>
>>46306348
>fuck it isn't 0/1 or 1/1
woopsies.
>>
>>46306367
>Also Krenko is a boss in that matchup
Carlos!
>>
>>46302293
It's happened before, but it's rare
>>
>>46288297
Please stay very far away from eternal formats, you clearly don't get the point
>>
>>46305359
Goblins player here

I beat reanimator and show n tell last time I played against them. It's not unwinnable. You just have to git gud
>>
>>46305397
Then play goblins. I've been doing well with them. No bans necessary.
>>
>>46309817
Someone turm 1'd him, and rather then going back to modern he thinks the entire format should shift to not hurt his feelings anymore.
>>
>>46309876
Sounds like he needs to git gud

I've played 81 matches of legacy on mtgo over the last week and a half, and I haven't been turn 1'd a single time
>>
File: 235325.png (290 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
235325.png
290 KB, 312x445
>>46283925
I think you are a bit too ban happy, none of those really need a ban except Modern Eldrazi. I could get behind some Modern unbans though.
>>
>>46309804
So even though Jim Davis losest to SnT and Reanimator all the time with Goblins, he's just not good enough? Lmao
>>46310251
Just cos you don't die on turn 1, doesn't mean you didn't lose on turn 1.

>>46309876
>hurdur go play modern
have never played a game of modern in my life. Show and Tell is just a stupid card.
>>
>>46283925
AV leads to shitty gameplay and basically ruins Jund as a concept of eke out 1.5-for-1s until you have a commanding lead.
>>
>>46313585
Waaah! i can't beat a sorcery speed combo that don't can be disrupted with lands and counterspells.
>>
>>46313585
Jim Davis is stubborn with his goblins build. He jammed the same thing he was playing 4 years ago and expected it to still work. He's a good player but needs to get up to date.

And on getting turn 1'd, it simply doesn't happen often. I'm +9 in match wins with goblins, so 45-36 overall. And that's against real decks, including degenerate ones like storm, dredge, and reanimator. Obviously goblins isn't top tier, but a good pilot and proper build can make the deck viable

Once again, git gud
>>
>>46314289
Goblins is midrange. Midrange is naturally soft to combo. Complaining about Goblins weakness to combo is scissors calling for a rock nerf.
>>
File: 1455839910034.jpg (30 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1455839910034.jpg
30 KB, 400x462
>>
>>46316395
>Im not a robot
I chuckled
>>
>>46314289
Well post me a list faggot. Don't post that shit list that won the scg classic though, it was terrible for me
>>
>>46319827
...maybe thats not the deck's fault
>>
>>46320194
>3 main deck removal spells
>no war marshal
>its somehow my fault I lost to Delver flipping.
>>
>>46316395
Literally true
>>
>>46320233
>I lost a game
>Therefore, this deck is shit
>>
When was Mishra's workshop unrestricted?

Also,
>Implying Wizards hasn't completely abandoned Vintage and won't let it turn into a cheesy overpower-fest.
>>
>>46322441
I agree, they need to unrestrict chalice
>>
>>46319827
...but that was my list and that's what I recommend

there's 6 mainboard removal spells, it's just some of them require a little work
>>
>When was Mishra's workshop unrestricted?

I'd like to know this. I can't even understand why they would unrestrict it.
>>
>>46323810

Workshops makes a non-blue deck that doesnt play ancestral recall viable in vintage. I think thats a good thing.
>>
>>46323962
well we can't forget about dredge and white trash
>>
>>46323970
Forgetting about dredge is something only dredge players want.

White trash and the variations on Humans decks are not all that bad in vintage, and they usually have a decent shops matchup because they ignore thorn. The people who are most mad about shops seem to be the people who just want to cast gush all day long like it has no drawback

Also, dredge isn't always a blue deck, but pitch dredge has been putting up good numbers.
>>
Would a Shahrazad unban do anything, other than be great tech to take in when you're up a game against miracles
>>
>>46324022
It'd basically ruin the eternal tournament scene. Every day 1 tons of shittheads with Shahrazad would muck up the tournament
>>
File: 1441345526863.png (261 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1441345526863.png
261 KB, 700x700
>>46324022
wouldn't they just scoop the subgame?
>>
>>46283925

They won't band Eye of Ugin because of the Expedition version.
>>
>>46324040
If the Eternal scene had even a few fewer ass-holes, it wouldn't need to be banned at all.
>>
>>46324169
It wasnt banned until '07 and it didnt cause any big issues
>>46324074
I hadnt considered that. WW target player loses half their life sounds pretty playable still.
>>
>>46324014
>Forgetting about dredge is something only dredge players want.
When you least expect it, they'll open dachau and start the gas chambers, throwing maro and his petdeck inside of it.
>>
Jace, Vryn's Prodigy should be banned for sure. It's the reason I am not playing standard right now. If a card in standard is worth $100, it should be banned in that format. Jace not being banned hurts my feelings. The mother fucker would be alright if he was 4-5 CMC. I don't know what they were thinking when they printed it.

Collected Company is not that OP though. The only reason Jace is is because he's a turn 2.

Sensei's Divining Top isn't a problem. Not sure why you're upset about it. There are more powerful cards with similar effects in legacy.

The eldrazi lands are just fine and easy to answer. People who have problems with them need to put answers in their sideboard, it's as simple as that. Every single color has powerful answers against eldrazi.
>>
>>46324490
>le maro hates dredge meme
:D
>>
>>46306348
>dorkblast

funniest thing I've read in a while
>>
>>46323435
Genuinely impressed that you're on 4chan mr.piledriver.
>>
>>46324597

>Jace Vrynn's Prodigy should be banned
Rending Volley is still legal in Standard anon. I don't even play Jace in fact my current Standard deck(B/W Control) doesn't even have fetches despite owning playsets of all the Khans fetches.
>>
>>46320709
I actually lost like everything that night with it and resolved to never play something with so few removal spells ever again.
>>
>tfw Swiftspear rotates in 10 days

Gonna miss that card
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.