[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Season 3 Signups Beginning Soon (?)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
Previous Thread: >>46178239

Signups for /tg/ Fumbbl League Season 3 beginning soon, says man recovering from rape trauma.
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg ; #fumbbl for general chat

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

KO wakeup.
>>
Norse approximately never
Final round in the BB2 league never
>>
Dont let your dreams be dreams
>>
>>46284830
Yesterday you said tomorrow
>>
>>46284838
JUST...Nevermind
>>
>Having a 50% chance or your guy go in reserve and return in the next drive instead of being out for the rest of the game is VERY useful for winning games.

It is in the idealised scenario. It isn't in the main.

Regen doesn't help you win shit when it kicks in while your opponent is grinding down the field on his final drive.

Regen doesn't help when your player is being stunned out of turns or sitting in the ko box because of his low av.

and of course, regen also fails 50% of the time.

Sure, when your star wolf gets killed in turn 1, regens, and then your opponent kindly scores on turn 4 or something and lets him back in the match, it looks awesome.

Regen obviously starts to look better when the opponents all resemble kill teams and you can reasonably expect to suffer 5 cas a game. But for general play and lower tv play, AV9 is tops.
>>
Reminder to vote your interest in the betting thing strawpoll wether you're interested or not

http://strawpoll.me/7176032/

here's the pastebin with the details for the unaware

http://pastebin.com/xArt9M71
>>
Is it just nearly impossible to win as dorfs/khemri/etc. when your opponent scores on turn 8 on his drive?
>>
>>46285265
Consider the 5 regen teams though.
>undead
a very good low tv team
>necro
will pretty much wreck your av9 team with the wolves
>Khemri
should be able to out strength your av9 dudes, plus their big guys are all av9
>Vampires
Meme team
>Nurgle
most of their regen players have av9. Only the Pests don't
>>
>>46285265
What constitutes an AV9 team?

Is it just dorfs and orcs? Do lizards and chorfs count because they have 8-9 av9 guys? Does Khemri, Nurgle, and Ogres count because they have 4-6 av9 guys? What's the cutoff?
>>
Do you play your primary ball carrier on defense?

If so which team?
>>
>>46288766
Every elf is my primary ball carrier
>>
>>46284254
Waiting for Norse to drop and people to respond to thread for the new BB2 season.
Gonna make the last match a draw if they have not played by then. Which doesn't really matter anyway.
>>
>>46286889
Depends on the opponent team and how much casualties you inflicted. Even dorfs can make hand off plays.Not Khemri tho.
>>
>>46285265
My troll rolled regen both times he got killed. One was dead into dead and the other was dead into MNG. M&M is a very good troll.
>>
>>46289733

The second time wasn't really a regen from death, you apo'd it down to a MNG and he regenerated from that.
>>
>>46289799
You wouldn't apo a block troll?
>>
>>46290091

I'm just saying, it was a regen from MNG and not a regen from death.
>>
>>46290100
True. I should have said in my first post that I needed him next game or I would have been boned, I think, I can't remember what game he died the 2nd time.
>>
>>46290091
Depends on if it is an orc troll or a gobbo/underworld troll
>>
>>46290168
It was underworld.
>>
>>46290168

>orc troll

No such thing.
>>
>>46290619
I start Troll + Four gobbos on my orc team
how does that make you feel?
>>
>>46290642

Like you should be playing Goblins.
>>
>>46290714
Goblins dont have 4 str 4 positionals or a dedicated not stunty thrower or blitzers
>>
>still caring about shitty Warhammer Fantasy

Buy Age of Sigmar and get with the times.
>>
>>46290812

Let's see that starting roster then.
>>
File: Archaon_the_Everslammer.jpg (236 KB, 1372x1080) Image search: [Google]
Archaon_the_Everslammer.jpg
236 KB, 1372x1080
Figured I'd check in here as well.

I'm looking for the Age of Slam Rules and the 1d4chan link is dead. Does anyone have a copy?
>>
>>46290838
We'll be with the times next year

Blood Bowl: Age of Sigmar, can't wait to see what the ground marines team is like.
>>
>>46290904
I haven't heard of it before you posted that. I can't seem to find a copy myself, so I wish you luck in your search.

If you do find it, can you post a link to it here since this sounds rather interesting?
>>
First level up with a mummy is a 6+4. Take the +ma or take guard? I am leaning to the +ma
>>
>>46291043
Sigmarines would probably play like Dwarves, but have the flying guys to be fast.

Probably lack a offensive punch.
>>
>>46293226
Can you afford the wait to 16 to get guard? Ma 4 turns them into st5 black orcs, but guard makes them unmovable assist machines.
>>
>>46293355
Its Black Box on fumbbl. I've only played one game dude managed to grab mvp and a cas so he is sitting at 7 spp on an otherwise rookie squad.

Other mummy has 2 spp, one wight has 3 spp, and one ghoul has 3 spp.

Should I run 2 ghouls or 3 ghouls? And should I hide ghouls on the bench on defense or run all the ghouls on defense?
>>
>>46293417

You want 4 ghouls. Undead is so starved for movement, there's no reason not to take them, because you should already be maxed on Mummies and Wights, so what else are you going to fill the team with - more zombies?

As far as when to field them, 2 on defense, as many as you can on offense.
>>
What should I play if i want to evoke as much 'god that's bullshit' as possible?
>>
>>46293806
Goblin. Ignore the ball, Take 10 Gobbos and a chainsaw
Proceed to spend every turn fouling with the chainsaw
You'll lose, but they will get a ton of injurys
>>
>>46293806
Do you want to get mad or do you want to make someone else mad?

To get mad play Khemri. I got so fucking mad when I tried Khemri.

If you wanna get someone else mad play Lizards.
>>
>>46293646
Ghouls cost 30K more. That's almost 2 zombies
>>
>>46293959

Alright you just staple those two zombies together and you have a MA8 player, perfect.
>>
File: 1448168541676.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1448168541676.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46290904
>>46291204
Also fixed the link on 1d4chan.
>>
>>46293959
you could play with zero Ghouls that's 7 free Zombies.
>>
>>46295103
I guess no one continued work on it? It's pretty early and rough, but for some reason basketball just seems to fit Age of Sigmar like a glove.

Personally I think you could make a great basketball-style tabletop using a hex grid. Instead of using BB-style turnovers, I think it would be interesting to have an "interrupt" gimmick as the special mechanic of the game, allowing you to take a player action that interrupts your opponent's turn.
>>
>>46293417
On Undead you probably want more ghouls and a zombie benchwarmer or two, as this allows you to develop several of them simultaneously (this gives you the ability to absorb the inevitable attrition they will face). Better to have MVPs go to ghouls than zombies.

On defence, I'd suggest benching your ball-handling specialized ghouls (i.e. Sure Hands or +AG ones) - you want to keep them healthy for your drive. You could arguably bench other +stat ghouls as well but they definitely will make your life a lot easier on defence - a +MV or +ST ghoul can make life very difficult.
>>
>tfw you curb stomp a chaos team 3-0 because they can't hold down your delves
>>
>>46297358
Elves are just as bad as chaos. Delves being the worst.
>>
>>46297444
The only thing worse than Delves and their meme 4 ag + great access is Chaos Dwarves
>>
>playing a team with more than 1-2 players with av9
>playing a team with AG4 out of the box
>being heterosexual

pick one
>>
File: Our dear franky.jpg (242 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
Our dear franky.jpg
242 KB, 700x504
>>46298005
>>46297444
>>46297358
>that feel when I did it again to a differant chaos team
>tfw I gave his mino a caus
>tfw I asked if he liked the taste of my creamy elf meme sauce and called him oni-chan
Get rekt chaos babies
>>
File: kalee_rn3[1].jpg (55 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
kalee_rn3[1].jpg
55 KB, 530x530
What's the normal number of teams to coach? Like how many races do people usually main?
>>
>>46299579
Idk how many most main but I have a few favoirtes I go-to

Gobbos
HE
DE
And bretts if bb2

Partly because I like their style, mostly because I love them from the wargame nuffle rest its soul
>>
>>46297444
>>46297444
Never thought I'd see trips lie

The real elf bullshit is woodies and you know it
>>
>>46298104

Time to make official /tg/ virtue tiers:

1) Pure Defender of Humanity Tier
Humans

2) Balls of Steel Tier
Goblins, Halflings, Ogres

3) Mid-Tier
Vampire, Orcs, Norse, Slann, Underworld, Chaos Pact, Undead, Necro, Khemri

4) Low Tier
Dwarf, Amazon

5) Shit Tier
Chaos Dwarves, Chaos / Nurgle, Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf, Pro Elf, Skaven

6) Meme Tier
Lizard

7) Wtf is even this shit Tier
Simyin
>>
>>46299708
Is this by how they are viewed on /tg/? because even then HE are considered the least bullshit to the others
>>
>>46299772
That and also fuck Khemri, they make me so mad to play as them.

High Elves and I guess pro elves are botu a lot less rage inducing to play against than darkies and woodies.

High elves have worse blitzers and catchers than pro elves, they only have ma 6 on their linos, and the team isn't really better than any other Elf team. Pro Elves at least die easily and are cheap.

Meanwhile you have 4 blitzer, 2 natural frenzy bullshit and >muh war dancers everyone is MA7+ faggotry for woodies.
>>
File: 1458875028620.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458875028620.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1200
>>46299879
>hating on the best asses in the game
Did muh waifu injure your star player?
>>
What is the general opinion of mix and match teams? Like I see one model set where I like the blitzers but hate the big guy. Another where I like the big guy. A third that I like the thrower
>>
>>46299972
>mfw I own witch elf models that I converted to zombies for whenever I play vs darkies
>>
>>46300021
that can get too dam good

HE thrower
PE Catchers
WE Blitzers
Chaos warrior blockers
Dark Elf linemen
etc

>>46300045
I hope you get stub your toe on your desk and your models fall into acetone
>>
>>46300091
No, I mean like human blitzers, human thrower, human catcher, and ogre all from different makers
>>
>>46300141
Oh, that is a good idea if it can be cost effective

Like pic related I like runners and love the blitzers but the rest are meh. So I plan to get a normal dorf team and replace the postionals with these ones
On the fence about the Troll slayers
>>
File: waifushit.jpg (28 KB, 460x510) Image search: [Google]
waifushit.jpg
28 KB, 460x510
>>46299972
Mfw when I pomb ur waifu
>>
>>46300091
We did an all pro match at the end of a TT season once.

Good vs Evil , with the best players chosen to represent. Was pretty cool and we coached by committee with the coaches that had players selected for each side helping the good or evil side
>>
>>46300287
Link replay plz
>>
>>46300308
I wish we had recorded it. It was really fun. For the record Evil won 2-1 from memory, they had the players to complement a grind and played it really well.

It was such an interesting concept as it allowed each side to pick players with a gameplan in mind
>>
>>46300287
>>46300427
Make a /tg/ Fumbbl All-stars dream team with players from the previous seasons.

Also new season sign ups when?
>>
So are mutation access pieces the only pieces who get customized for their skills? (not counting the knives/brass knuckles for blitzers).

And are Zombies and Rotters the only pieces where people get to make conversions of other teams pieces?
>>
>>46300966
Depends, as far as I know, most groups color code their bases so you can identify the positional at a glance. In that case you can do all sort of customizations.
>>
>>46300513
Imagine Moloch, Ludacrispy, Poundinator and Megatron on one team
>>
>>46300966
yea mutations are about the only piece where skills can/should be physically represented. this is of course assuming you're using different models/sculpts for different positions. And yea zombies/rotters gained through death are the main reason to alter other teams pieces, other than counts as stuff like say running slann models as a human team.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

GFI
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>46304072
Gfi to the endzone
>>
>>46299579
The thing about Blood Bowl is that being able to count the odds and figuring out the course of action with the greatest risk/reward ratio is a pretty universal skill that applies equally to all team rosters. If you're good at playing the game one way you'll probably be able to adapt to other ways fairly quickly, so often it's more a matter of coach preference.

Many teams also have broad similarities - if you play Dark Elf well you can probably manage High Elves and vice versa.
>>
>>46299879
>High Elves and I guess pro elves are botu a lot less rage inducing to play against than darkies and woodies.

HE and Pro Elves are the "tough at low TV, strong at high TV" variants of elves, while Dark and Wood are better at low TV. HE/Pro Catchers get a monstrous 8-3-4-7 statline - having S3 base is incredible for such a high MV character (look at Werewolves for example).

They need way more SPP but are incredibly dangerous with a good bunch of skills, and even modest stat gains turn them into monsters. Dark and Wood Elves get nicer positionals right out the gate, but HE can easily close the gap with SPP without costing that much more in TV (of course this gives up future development, but most elves do not need more than Blodge anyway).

WE lose a lot of threat after you foul out the Wardancer and Dark Elves are easily catchable, allowing you to apply pressure more easily than other elf teams.
>>
Guys
It's either Nurgle or Amazons in the reddit league
This isn't how it was supposed to go
>>
>>46300966
You could probably add armour pieces for certain skills or statups. +AV might be a few extra plates, while Block might add a face-mask/guard (which tends to distinguish Blitzers). Maybe a new set of shoes for +MV or the like.
>>
>>46305806
one of the best modelling guys in the scene made a blog post on fumbbl about that exact thing the other day: http://www.fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=spubbbba&id=18614
>>
>>46305804
zons are reasonable assuming mid TV values.
>>
>>46307683
Nurgle is at like 1650 because one of their pests got -av.

Zons are 1450, but have all their spp in their bitzers.
>>
>>46307683
I still have PTSD after the last game I played againt amazons when they based me every turn and I got an average of half a knockdown per turn
>>
>>46305804
We need more nurgle and chaos in our league.

More Nurgle, Chaos, Khemri, and Gobbos.

Which is easy for me to say, because I am the cancer that will be the Undead next season
>>
So, if i am not mistaken mauled should open signups today, right?
>>
>>46308742
site is fucked though.
>>
>>46308792

Seems fine to me?
>>
>>46308097

same here, maybe I'll make a nurgle team next. I don't know how to play them, but then again I don't know how to play anyways.
>>
>>46309028
Gamefinder doesn't work. No games are being played
>>
>>46309156

Well good thing we won't be playing any games yet.
>>
>>46307853
the worst roster. 0 fluff. no interesting skills or psoitionals, not even a big guy. incredibly boring. and most importantly, totally based on a dumb fucking mechanic that means everything revolves around luck. and if you have the temerity to hit pows against them the coach will 100% guaranteed flip out and start complaining.
everything about them is cancer.
>>
>>46307853
>>46305804
>>46310434
Dykes are legit a terrible team other than helping a new player

Get 1 or 2 players with tackle and congrats, the zons are now a bunch of hobgoblins
>>
>>46308097
r8 my chaos pact! Might join with this one instead of monkeys for chain bone-heads and mino-blitzes into trip skulls.
>>
>>46310702
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=836148
>>
>>46310724
>>46310702
boring/10
>>
>>46310434
>>46310697
I sometimes wonder about the stupidity of some people in this thread.

Amazons aren't a good team for new players. Also getting 2 players with tackle doesn't turn them into hobgoblins.
>>
>>46310780
When people say a team for new players they mean the team has fuck all for strategy. They are good when people don't have tackle and getting it counters their entire gimmick.
>>
>>46310780
the fuck are you quoting my post >>46310434
for? give me an argument against anything I said
>>
>>46310852
Elves also get dodge on everyone of their players and mostly they have no big guys. They usually have Blitzers, throwers and catchers. Like Amazons. So when Amazons are boring then Pro Elves and High Elves are boring as well.

And why should Amazon players flip out 100% of the time just because you roll a pow? What kind of stupid straw man is that?

>the team has fuck all for strategy
But they require a lot of strategy and foresight or else your opponent will simply run past your defense with the ball.

>They are good when people don't have tackle and getting it counters their entire gimmick.
that isn't true they are still good when your opponent has 3 tackle players
>>
Is it more important to give a ghoul side step or sure hands?
>>
>>46310780
>Also getting 2 players with tackle doesn't turn them into hobgoblins.
Amazon line woman S3 A3 AV7 MV6 Skills dodge
Hobgolin S3 A3 AV7 MV6 No skills

Tackle negates Dodge
>>
>>46311078
Elves don't need dodge they only get it for insurance. Tackle makes the odds go from 1/36 to 1/6 for failure.

Amazons need tackle and even then its still 1/9 at best.

Pro and High elves can have some exciting games too, because unlike zons they are zippy fast and everyone can do what they need too. White lions can lay wood and have scary threat ranges, blitzers can catch and even lowly HE linemen can throw. And the fact the game can be saved at any moment is a huge bonus
>>
>>46312434
Amazons are one of the most dissapointing teams out of the 1000-1200 range because they run out of ways to develop so fast without statups, Low MV low AV meh access no 4 agi no 4 str... they dont have a lot going for them besides early game dodge shenanagins
Darkelves can do everything they do significantly better at 1300+ tv
>>
>>46312499
Dark Elves also make much better waifus than Brown women
>>
>>46312177
so the two player with tackle have 11 amazons in their tackle zones?

how dumb can you be?

>>46312434
>Elves don't need dodge they only get it for insurance.
They need dodge or else they cannot do what they do all the time.
>>
>>46312499
>Darkelves can do everything they do significantly better at 1300+ tv
Amazons can have 4 players with Guard Mighty Blow and Piling on.
How many players with those skills can Darkelves have?
>>
>>46312641
We get blodge sidestep tackle and jump up
also speed is a very big factor
less RRs needed for ball handling too
and better durability
>>
>>46312660
yes and?
You said Dark Elves do everything better.
Now I show you that Dark Elves don't do everything better. Now you move your Goalpost.
>>
File: my first dorf team.jpg (256 KB, 1180x508) Image search: [Google]
my first dorf team.jpg
256 KB, 1180x508
>>46312703
You seem really defecive for these dykes bro
Do you run into a lot of dorf teams?
>>
Let's see your favorite minis from your favorite teams? I wanna see which Human, Undead, Necro and maybe Orc minis to get
>>
>>46312731
>defecive
???????????????
>Do you run into a lot of dorf teams?
What has that to do with anything?
>>
>>46312703
>tfw I play humans instead of elves for that sweet guard+pomb
>>
File: 1383586260126.png (119 KB, 301x310) Image search: [Google]
1383586260126.png
119 KB, 301x310
>>46312796
I fucking love the willy Khemri, but their amazons are as disapointing as the team itself
>>46312829
>down to spelling corrections
absoultely ebin
>>
>>46312880
>down to spelling corrections
I still have no idea what word you mean with defecive
>>
>>46312731
>only one runner

What other teams have a >babbies first team build

>Orcs
4 bobs
4 blitzers
2 linos
1 thrower
3 rerolls

>Undead
2 mummies
2 wights
3 ghouls
4 zombies/skellies
3 rerolls

>Dorfs
2 troll slayers
2 blitzers
2 runners
5 long beards
3 rerolls

>Humans?
1 Ogre
4 blitzers
1 thrower
5 linemen
3 rerolls
>>
>>46312943
>>Orcs
Not anymore :^)
>>
>>46312943
Is an extra runner worth it from the start? I get I need ball handling skills but I think he'll be safe in the cage
>>
>>46313011
>Consider the following
If you only have 1 runner I will stomp on your runner
>>
File: 1452659474707.jpg (687 KB, 1280x1999) Image search: [Google]
1452659474707.jpg
687 KB, 1280x1999
>tfw no kiestev gf
>>
>>46312943
Dark Elves
4 Blitzer
1 Runner
6 Linemen
2 Rerolls

Chaos
4 Chaos Warrior
7 Goatmen
3 Rerolls

Chaos Dwarves
6 Blocker
2 Centaur
3 Hob Goblins
2 Rerolls
>>
>>46313117
Yea, but Dark Elves and Chorfs have to leave pieces and rerolls behind in their starting rosters
>>
>>46313011
the 2nd runner is good and important because he allows you options with his 6 ma.
>>
>>46313136
what pieces do chorfs have to leave behind?
>>
>>46313090
That won't be easy though if the dorfs who are good at bash from the get-go and get guard later are standing about I feel ok. I get needing a spare but I don't see it worth while at the start

>>46313117
>Dark Elves
>4 Blitzer
>1 Runner
>6 Linemen
>2 Rerolls
Thats not babby, thats just the only sane roster. Witches have a HUGE target on their backs

>Chaos Dwarves
>6 Blocker
>2 Centaur
>3 Hob Goblins
>2 Rerolls
I'd legit say starging with 1 centaur and going with 4rrs
you have 0 ball handing skills
also its "dorf"
>>
>>46313165
Crab went with 5 chorfs and 3 Rerolls, worked for him.
>>
>>46313165
Either a reroll, a cow, or a blocker
>>
>>46313182
>thats just the only sane roster
yes they have only one good opening roster. Which is the embodiment of Babby because there is Zero thought involved in it.
>>
>>46283597
first time fumbbl, is it a good way to play?

where can/should i sign up for the league ?
>>
>>46313454
The bongs on fubble will fucking curbstomp you but you might learn more
>>
>>46312943
the one true dwarf build
>>
>>46313523
>taking both slayers
>>
>>46313600
>Getting outstr'd by orcs and chaos
>>
>>46313522
i have played a few leagues, though only with models.
>>
>>46313523
I conceded against you last week with my low tv team. I would be fine if I had some kills but no amount of money would have saved my poor team from having 11 loners.
>>
>>46313644
oh then you'll take to it like a fish to water
>that feel when american and no one plays it here irl
>>
>>46313644
Blackbox is real matchmaking. Ranked will mostly just be one player wanting a clear advantage. Keep an eye on the thread for when Mauled opens sign ups.
>>
>>46313656
Thats fine, Ive conceded twice, Once against 1500 tv dwarves when my team was at 1000 tv and again vs 1800 tv lizards after a few rounds where i couldn't do anything against them and their first block was a death.
Only like three of my many victories weren't concedes, and i think all 3 were 1-0 victories.
>>
>>46313686
I feel ya bro. I got all kinds of tabletop games but no bloodbowl.
>>
>>46313690
will the sign ups be within a few days or in the next week?
>>
>>46313743
Within a week probably. Can't be 100% though, I'm not Mauled.
>>
>>46313713
Might have been my high elf team before or shortly after I got MB on one blitzer and guard on the other plus one lino.
>>
>>46311078
>Elves also get dodge on everyone of their players

no they don't do they. and if you do develop a lot of blodgers, that's because mobile ag4 players benefit from it, or because it's part of the arms race of tv development, not a one trick pony that the team's entire strategy is based around

>They usually have Blitzers, throwers and catchers.

With different statlines. i.e. variety, which leads to gameplay and development variety.

>why should Amazon players flip out 100% of the time just because you roll a pow? What kind of stupid straw man is that?

it was an exaggeration for effect. assumign you are not actually autistic that should be fairly fucking obvious. and it's not much of a strawman, i've seen it a hundred times on fumbbl. most people with blodgers get shirty when the pows come in, but of course with zons it negates the entire point of playing them
>>
>>46313921
Amazons have literally nothing if people roll pows vs them, Its sad really. They need SOMETHING. Even if its small like this
>>
>>46313690
Should I just quit playing ranked and play box instead?
>>
>>46313117
I prefer my DE with a 5 re-roll start mayne
>>
Rolled 1, 5 = 6 (2d6)

Let's see what sort of kickoff event we have.
>>
What do you think about cutting healthy players for "tv" reasons?
>>
>>46313921
>no they don't do they. and if you do develop a lot of blodgers, that's because mobile ag4 players benefit from it, or because it's part of the arms race of tv development, not a one trick pony that the team's entire strategy is based around
This.
Dodge for an elf is a safety net, not the cornerstone. Sure tackle might make an elf team wait untill later into the turn for some dodges but it certainly doesn't thwart their plans
>>
>>46283597

Do you need to purchase the game to be able to play in this? I'm not a big fan of buying games or supporting GW, but I enjoyed BB when GW weren't such a shit company.
>>
>>46317488
Good news, GW hasn't had shit to do with the game in fucking years. You can get the rules online, models from 3rd party people, and play fumbbl for free.
>>
>>46317688

Oh wait, this isn't for that video game?
>>
>>46317822
there are 3 vidja games and the table top
Fumbbl is the free vidja that you can play online, but most players are yuropoor so you have to do it online

bb2 is pretty but lacks a lot of the teams
>>
>>46317822
BB2 has 8 teams (Plasmoid's "Fixed" Humans, Plasmoid's "Fixed" Orcs, Dorfs, High Elves, Dark Elves, Chaos, Skaven, and Plasmoid's fan fic Bretonian team) as well as Plasmoid's house rule of all gold above 150,000 counting as TV. Less than half the star players, can't get skilled mercs. There are also 2 pay to win teams (Lizards and Wood Elves). A retarded match making system. And 4 new teams announced that should come out by 2035 (Norse, who were scheduled to come out like 3 months ago, Undead, Necro, and Nurgle)
>>
>>46317822
The video game is an (incomplete) adaptation of the tabletop game. Just like BFG it's mostly a cash-in the IP; Blood Bowl's rules have been publically available for years and you can play the game either through tabletop or through Java web client implementations (the most well known and easiest to set up being FUMBBL). You could even use a virtual tabletop service like Roll20, although you'd basically be doing all the rolling manually.
>>
>>46313454
Create a team in the [L]eague division first (this can be a placeholder if need be, but you'll need to eventually create the team you intend to play the season with).

Then apply for membership to the /tg/ FUMBBL group page with that team, and once your team is in you'll receive group notifications. Mauled usually sends out a PM to all group members calling for season signups when things have settled down.

I believe the only thing we're waiting on is an exhibition game between the /tg/ champion this season and the Reddit league champion; signups should follow after.
>>
File: 1444238768658.jpg (18 KB, 324x178) Image search: [Google]
1444238768658.jpg
18 KB, 324x178
>be a loyal servent of the great Nehekara Empire
>play in our sport of blood bowl
>make friends with a player on the slaan team
>time passes
>resurected by a good prince to play for him again
>not sure why but I am not as agile as I used to be at all
>we are playing against slaan
>see the coatch
>its old frend
>run up to give him hug
>we both look at eachother and weep for how long its been in joy
>mfw he tells me I'm a skeleton
>>
>>46311078
The difference is that elves have AG4. When facing tackle they still dodge on a much more reliable 2+. Base statlines make a big difference in BB; a team with higher baselines will generally do better in the long term vs. a team that relies on skills to make up for low base stats, since skills are much more common when leveling up.
>>
>>46318086
>the coach then proceeds to rage as it starts to rain and it takes us 15 turns to fucking pick up the god damn ball
>>
>>46318125
The other thing is every elf is a good player. Every elf if one stat up or double away from becoming a god and every elf can get 6 different level ups and only roll singles and still be good.

Zons get to 6 spp and them max out their abilities unless they roll doubles or a stat up.

I prefer skilly teams to stat teams. Stat teams take too long to develop and when your dudes die you get mad. Skill teams are good out of the box.
>>
>>46318128
>khemri in the rain
>manage to get ball
>lightning bolt knocks out throw ra
>>
>>46318364
It took me like 5 or 6 games to get the khemri stink off me. I played a whole game as humans where I did not succeed a single fucking AG roll in nice weather after I deleted my khemri team.
>>
Thoughts on taking +av on a werewolf?
>>
>>46317945
So who the fuck is Plasmoid and why Cyanide listens to his "fixes"? (Besides being retarded and knowing fuck all about blood bowl)

Is he a scrub like the guy who suggested Tv++ matchmaking to BB2 and got himself listened because he was butt buddies with a french dude?
>>
>>46318492
>http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
>>
>>46318422
phoenix pls go. Khemri stronk! Tomb Kings nevah forget!!
Undead a shit! Their mummies fake ass posers!
Necro a shit! Yiffing scrubz!
>>
>>46318611
They can't fucking pick up the ball, every fucking game it would take me a billion fucking turns to get the ball and by then I couldn't get down the field.

Khemri REEEEEEEEE

Also I haven't played many games with necro and it isn't like I win with undead.
>>
>>46318480
Take +Ma +ma or pussy
>>
Thanks for cheering me on
>>
Yay, won my first game as necro, even though my wolf was on the bench for 11 turns because I am an idiot
>>
>>46317945

I'm honestly cool with a Bret. team. A Kislevite team would also kick ass, especially if it had a literal bear.
>>
File: 1458498076681.gif (1 MB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1458498076681.gif
1 MB, 500x454
>>46317945
Holy shit did you just spill of glass of memes on your keyboard when you spouted that?
>>
>>46318492
To be honest the philosophy behind most of Plasmoid's fixes are pretty solid - they're mostly minor tweaks that don't dramatically change things around. There's a lot of restraint shown in his houserules, which is pretty admirable and that's a big part of the reason why they're pretty well-known throughout the NAF.
>>
Challenge:

Make a new team with 2 Chainsaw players, and nobody on the team has Stunty.
>>
>>46323173
Pro Dwarves
0/2 Bombers 0/2 Chainsaws 0/2 Kickers 0/2 Deathrollers 0/2 B&C 0/2 Stabbers Dwarf linos but lose tackle
>>
>I took a meme seriously and took guard on a trollslayer for his first skill

Am I an idiot? I know pro might have been better but guard is so useful no matter who has it
>>
>>46323169
Well known, but not adopted.
>>
>>46324386
Why would you get pro on a troll slayer when you can get mighty blow, pile on and guard?
>>
>>46324386
Troll slayers on the line without guard are a weakpoint in your line, otherwise its not BAD. Just build him differently than you would normally.
>>
The only thing I love more than AG2 pickups are AG1 pickups
>>
>>46326387
an opponent Ag 1 catch once won me the game.

He caught it turn 14 and on turn 15 he boneheaded

and then i just surrounded him.
>>
Norse never ever.
>>
>>46328921
tommorow I swear
>>
WHERE IS MAULED
>>
>>46329022
He's dead anon, at least on the inside.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

GFI
>>
Hey look my ban for literally shit posting on /int/ ended just in time to save the thread.

Also does anyone else love how despite blood bowl being mostly played by what I assume to be European nu males and liberal cucks, all the cheerleaders and zons are depicted as 90s sluts? Like even the_sage has a dark elf team with 2 naked women minis on it
>>
>>46332569
Pol pls go
>>
>>46332569
Sounds like it was too short.
>>
>>46332861
>>46332890
Orcs, plz poo in the loo
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

2 player opposed pickup on AG4.
>>
>memes
>>
How good are Undead and Necro at defense compared to humans?
>>
Just saw an elf make a long bomb over half the other team's defense and have it complete to another elf on turn 15 for what would have been the tying score.
>the catching elf then snake eyed a dodge

kek
>>
>>46337729

Better, they have the superior Linemen but that's about it.
>>
>>46340595
Those 4 blitzers with guard (or at least 3 of the 4) do work with humans though
>>
>https://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3789731

Check out the bullshit I pulled off turn 8 of the first half. I literally went endzone to endzone with undead
>>
How do you deal with lizards as humans, especially early on? They can just lolol base all your guys and force you to do 1ds or 3+ dodges.
>>
>>46341684
>in b4 lizardshitposting
>>
>>46341696
How do you beat lizards with undead?

Really it seems like only wood elves, skaven, clawpomb, and higher TV pro/high elves can beat them.
>>
>>46341696
>nobody acknowelleges how bretts are a perfect counter lizards because "muh noncanon race"
>>
>>46341696
I legitimately don't know how to play against my own lizard team.
You need atleast 7 Str 4 or higher pieces with guard just to break even if you try to fight. And even then the two str 5 pieces can still punch through and then you're getting bashed all the way down.
Cages with 6 MA 4ST and guard on every corner, Skinks and their high MA and easy dodges, etc.
The only real solution is to hope they are a pussy and will concede if you stand on a few of their players.
>>
File: 1457750053230.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1457750053230.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>46343248
>nobody acknowledges Brettonians at all
>>
>>46343683
I honestly forgot Brets existed till last week.
>>
>>46341684
>>46343427
Lizards are more akin to Skaven or Elves, especially in the early-game: if their dice are hot you're just going to lose, flat out (you just tend to notice this less with Elves and Skaven because you often get a consolation casualty or two).

Key to beating lizards early is understanding that 1d or even -2d can get you results if all you need is a push. Focus on slowing down the Saurii and separating them from the Skinks, then hurt Skinks.
>>
>>46343721
I might make some Brets when Norse come out.
>>
>>46344150
And lategame? What do you do to stop the pictured team?
Every player dodges out on a 83% unless you dedicate two players to them, You cant use dodge when you dodge away from them (For instance to screen) and you will have a bitch of a time outmuscling them anywhere.
>>
>>46344583
I play Dark Elves, even if you have block and tackle on everyone I still find away to win and will turn any fuck up you make into a win
>>
>>46343427
clawpomb one lizard every turn until your team is a designer handbag

also, maybe you play against the ai or just pure shit but no real player is going to give you free blocks man for man. they'll hit you away, leave you with your bltz and one or two other blocks and then hit you away again.

and yeah clawpomb. which obviously you haven't faced much of or you would never have a roster like that
>>
>>46345531
Ive yet to play a game against chaos because they literally always concede after they realize they cant get any 2dies
>>
>>46344583
>And lategame?
All of the tier 1 teams get bullshit in the lategame, so how you "counter" them depends massively on how you've built your team and how well you employ your skilled players (or inducements - but Nuffle help you if that's all you've got).

At high TV the general anti-roster tactics become harder to implement because teams become very individual player-oriented: every team is going to have a few players that can break the rules in massive ways (AG5 Sure Hands elves, Break Tackle big guys, ClawPOMB, etc.).

High TV Blood Bowl is about mitigating the effect of these rule-breaker players by good positioning and/or attempts at tactical injury (such as fouls, etc.) while employing your own bullshit players.

For example, if you're an Elf team of comparable TV, you can set up more spread out screens because Sidestep and Blodge allows you to get by with less. For versatile teams it all depends about the path you've taken the team - a high TV human team could get by using a lot of Guard, or POMBing and fouling Skinks, or playing fast 2-turn elfball pass plays, etc.
>>
>>46346056
>>46343427

One incredible weakness of this particular roster, by the way, is that it's only 11 players. A single casualty will bite this team very hard. None of the Saurii have Stand Firm, either, which means that even if you are out-strengthed all you really need from a block is a push. There's a lot of wasted Tackle on this list too. None of the Skinks have levels or significant ball handling skills (not that you really want them to get too leveled up, but rookie Skinks are dicey stuff).

In short it's a typical perpetual league net-list; it lacks the depth for an actual season of Blood Bowl and the skills are sorely lacking against a coach that is focused on winning the game.

A human team of comparable TV is likely going to have a deeper bench and can more freely gangfoul
>>
>>46346185
By the way, I cannot stress the lack of Stand Firm and/or Sidestep enough as a weakness on this team. Push-preventer skills are an enormous gamechanger because they allow you to set players in the sidelines with impunity and be assured they cannot get chain/Frenzy-pushed into a sideline.

A scary S5 guard/block/Tackle Saurus can still be pretty easily -2d pushed (not bad odds with a RR) into the crowd; even if he isn't injured he's gone for the rest of the drive, leaving a massive hole.

Likewise, all it takes against some teams like Skaven is a simple push to open a hole and suddenly your backfield is swarming with rats.
>>
>>46341748
Actually one of the best races to play vs lizards. Zombies were born to tie up sauruses. You have two players with mb who can get 2ds as they please against them, and wights can blow up skinks for fun.
>>
>>46299708

>Goblins and Halflings not meme tier.

k
>>
>>46346185
That particular roster got hamstrung out of the 2.2k bracket down to 1800 with the death of this guy who obviously did some work.
>>
>>46345575
they concede because they are bad players.
>>
>>46347463
>tfw you outbash a slav chaos player so hard that they concede while 1-0 up
>>
Am I the only one to always take a Goblin on my Orc teams just in case shit breaks down?

also when your AG 4 Goblin gets eaten by your Troll :(
>>
>>46347575
No I take a goblin too but not because I have a troll. He is the 5th player that has MA 6 and can reliably dodge out of a situation and be a touchdown threat. But when my team starts to have 1800 TV I tend to get rid of him.
>>
>>46347695
For 40 tv? Why? He's worth it for the OTS threat alone. Or to make a throwaway foul with. There's no point min maxing at 1800 tv.
>>
>>46347695
No one ever suspects the little goblin to do anything but attempt the ots..
>>
Why do goblin trolls have loner but halfling trees don't?
>>
>>46348005
Because Goblins have secret weapons
>>
>>46347855
because I don't play with a troll?
>There's no point min maxing at 1800 tv.
Actually it makes the most sense to min max at a point where having too much tv would be detrimental to your team.
>>
>>46348005
Because treeman actually like halflings because they are the only race that actually listen to their stories with interest. Trolls are just slaves for the Goblins. That's why Trolls occasionally eat Goblins.
>>
help
>>
File: Bristol Aztecs.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Bristol Aztecs.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
Sorry lads, been in a right pickle this last week.

Expect a post in a few hours when I get back from work regarding signups for /tg/ League III
>>
>>46348102
Tell me what you're avoiding with your min maxing. You're already in range of killers, one turners and other game winners. And none of your players are ever going to develop more skills? Did you determine 1800 was some kind of sweet spot?
>>
>>46348119
I am a slave for this game and I use my rerolls just fine
>>
>>46348768
>Tell me what you're avoiding with your min maxing.
Giving my opponents with their killers and 1 turners a Wizard to kill me more.
>>
S-SOON
>>
>>46348213
Nice.
I know which team i am gonna apply with, but maybe the rules will be screwed up enough for me to change my mind.
>>
>>46347575
The problem isn't the goblin, it's more the cost of the Troll. Sure, he's S5 with Regen, but he's also a Really Stupid big guy and benching him is a big waste of TV, so it means rather than 11 reliable Orcs you'll have 10 Orcs and an unreliable Big Guy.
>>
Guys I'm starting a goblin team for the rookie league and I need names for them
The theme is "Storybook memes"
So far I got
Bengayonballskin (troll)
Dank Quixote
Tumblerina
Shrek (troll)
Pepe Pan
Cuckerella
Alice in Normieland

I admit a lot of these suck so help me
>>
>>46353057
Princess and the Pancha
Old Man Henderson and the Sea
King Mootus
Billy Goat Gurps
>>
File: temp.png (85 KB, 730x275) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
85 KB, 730x275
>yfw this use to be a thing
>yfw you could give him right stuff too
>>
>>46353140
What manner of meme is this? Is it just the lack of tree man?
>>
>>46353169
MA9 Catchers
>>
>>46353169
>9ma catcher
>could take a treeman
>could give the catcher right stuff and get 5 ag and have a 5 ag 9+ma throw teammate option

Just imagine a gutter runner on the wood elves
>>
>>46353131
thats 11 so far, I am going to need a lot for gobbos
>>
>>46353322
belle downtown.
>>
File: BornYOe.png (21 KB, 542x106) Image search: [Google]
BornYOe.png
21 KB, 542x106
Righty, here it is:

I am now accepting applications for /tg/ FUMBBL League III. There will be two divisions, as before.

In the Veterans league, as usual, this is completely open-weight to any returning /tg/ League teams (either from League I, League II or both), or anyone cuh-razee enough to want to enter a fresh team.

In the Rookies league, any coach may enter a fresh team, or a returning team from either previous /tg/ Leagues under 1200 Tournament Weight (which is different to Team Value).

As usual, players may only enter one team total.

To apply, PM me on FUMBBL (user: MauledByTheTigers), stating your Team Name and which division they want to play in. Apply your team to the group, and ensure they are READY TO PLAY if not already, so you'll have to roll any skills or buy new players first.

I've had a few PMs already, I'll check your applications and either ACCEPT or REJECT you.
>>
>>46353322
The Cory Who Was to Mind the House
>>
>>46354826
my account name is avantar

do i need to wait for you to add me to the group before i can submit a team?
>>
>>46354969

I think it's all done in one go. Apply with a team on the group page and once you're approved you are in.
>>
>>46354969

>To apply, PM me on FUMBBL (user: MauledByTheTigers), stating your Team Name and which division they want to play in. Apply your team to the group, and ensure they are READY TO PLAY if not already, so you'll have to roll any skills or buy new players first.

Yeah, apply to the group at the same time you PM me bud.
>>
>>46354826
Did you get my PM? Please get better from your aids Mauled. Otherwise I will make a confederate zombie mauled by tigers
>>
Also, I will skullfuck any dropouts. They're a pain in the arse for everyone involved.

If you can't last ~6 weeks, don't apply. Stick to casual play.
>>
>>46355148
skullfuck me jawk-senpai
>>
>>46355118

Yes p3nis13 I did.

I'll probably produce my first list of who's in tomorrow night.
>>
>>46355148
>>46355161
>>46355171
This is why you got aids in the first place sempai mauled
>>
So when is the final time sign up? I wanna look at other teams before deciding what team to play.
Gonna to khemri if nobody else is going to
>>
>>46356077
>Gonna to khemri if nobody else is going to
Godspeed :salute:.
>>
Bringin in my Underworld for some more funtime, this time in the vets league!
Holy shit i will get fucking shredded into fine pieces
>>
>>46356077

Sounds like Mauled is going to post a list of how things are shaping up for applications after a day or so. Last time we had like a week and a half of sign ups though so it could change a lot after that.
>>
File: 1333346359543.jpg (65 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
1333346359543.jpg
65 KB, 488x516
>>46356172
Godspeed sacks
>>
>>46356828

Think it's actually Werter.
>>
>>46356828
Sacks has been gone for 32 days. Godspeed Underworld Coach
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.