[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick, think of your all-time favorite character that you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Quick, think of your all-time favorite character that you have actually played, or are currently playing.

Got them in mind?

Could they defeat Artorias of the Abyss, assuming they were well and truly trapped in a room with him?
>>
>>46283055
I find that the majority of these situations are answered by "what system am I using" rather than "how powerful/skilled in my character".

90% of all of these result with Exalted players laughing at how easily they beat everything forever, and the only times anyone is ever "at risk" is when they are using low-power shit, usually d20 shit.

It's like, why bother? Most characters would be able to beat probably anything you threw at them as long as it was a conceivable threat. Artorias isn't impressive by any stretch, but on the flipside if you said "The One Above All" because Superman is too mainstream for you, then everyone would just shrug and not care because no one really beats TOAA.

It's whatever, man.
>>
Can a level 365 Cleric of Pelor beat the shit out of him?

Yeah,thought so
>>
File: shit is a weapon.jpg (47 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
shit is a weapon.jpg
47 KB, 512x512
>>46283119

Whenever someone says "Can character from universe X defeat Universe Y," I think, well, that would be up to whoever writes the story. And to answer that question, I consider a followup - Given two authors, which could beat up the other? They will write the story and have their character win.

For example, if someone asks who would win between Conan and Cthulhu, I would say Conan easily, because Robert E. Howard was a trained pugilist and could totally destroy the sickly Lovecraft, then go on and write the story over Lovecraft's broken body, who can do nothing about it. (I know they were close friends, but still. It's just an example.)
>>
>>46283175
This is perfect and I will use it going forward.
>>
Level 21 Wizard Gish with an acute case of lichdom in 3.5
Yea, I think he could take Artorius
>>
>>46283139
>lv 365 Cleric
but how tho?
>>
Considering how god damn lethal bows are, I'm pretty sure my multi-melta will do a number on him.
>>
>>46283240
Probably using Dark Souls levels. Getting +1 to a stat in Dark Souls is the same as leveling up, so the levels are going to be higher than normal RPGs.

Level 365, starting as a Cleric, means having pretty insane stats. I think I beat the game at around 200 or something.
>>
I'm running a troll named Reginold who specializes solely in punching things and using heavy objects, mostly enemies, as thrown weapons. My favorite character by far, mostly because his piss poor intelligence score makes it easy for me to get drunk while playing and still remain in character.

He uses a specialized custom built throwing chainsaw he got after a job (shadowrun) where he threw his combat chainsaw through a brick wall and decapitated another troll.

Could he take on Artorias? Maybe. Probably not, because of how quickly Artorias jumps around, but if he was able to get a good grip on Artorias, he might be able to break the rest of his limbs.
>>
>>46283055
Considering I beat Artorias in my soul level 1 run, yes, my last character could probably beat Artorias.
>>
>>46283055
Fuck no.

My all time favorite character was a politicking, scheming, blood magic user focusing on scrying and stealth magics.

Fun as hell to play, but very little direct combat ability.
>>
>>46284359
/thread
>>
>>46283469
200 is insane anon, how much did you grind?

Around 90-120 is usual for beating the game.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.