[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We create a friendship-ruining board game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 834499.jpg (39 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
834499.jpg
39 KB, 460x460
So guys
Let's hear those ideas
>>
>>46279503
But anon, Diplomacy already exists
>>
>>46279892
Well, that was fast.

/thread
>>
A combination of Mario Party and Magicka
a game where you have the intensive to screw other players over as hard and as often as possible.
>>
>>46279503
Mix Cards Against Humanity with Werewolf.
>>
File: Dokapon_Kingdom_cover.jpg (141 KB, 300x423) Image search: [Google]
Dokapon_Kingdom_cover.jpg
141 KB, 300x423
>>46280037
So, Dokapon Kingdom?
>>
>>46280731

Boardgame, not videogame. It is on that qualifier that the premise hinges on, but otherwise if fits the qualifier for friendship destroyer.
>>
>>46280387
Sounds like the next big hit in furry conventions
>>
>>46282029
There's already a MLP version
>>
>>46280387
how?
>>
File: crash derby.png (42 KB, 1566x908) Image search: [Google]
crash derby.png
42 KB, 1566x908
>>46279503
There should be a mechanic that basically makes you start over from scratch with nothing.
>>46281310
Mario Party is actually a good start. We should also take some inspiration from Mario Cart and make this game a turn based race that uses cards for items and actions.
My concept here is basically monopoly death race.
This is what I have so far. Items would boost your armor, give you temporary weapons or traps to place on the field. Action let you take the shortcuts, can block or redirect attacks and reposition cars.
>>
>>46279503
Make it random as fuck to infuriate everyone.
Then grant additional factors that allow you to get ahead by fucking with other people.

So, Monopoly/Risk with action cards that include stuff like "steal this fucker's money" or "make him skip a turn".

Then add some mechanic that is actually fun, to make the game even more depressing.
>>
Two words: rubberbanding mechanics.
>>
>>46279503
You want to include chance as an important part, someone is bound to get screwed by the dice.
>>
Something that makes people look like they're cheating
>>
>>46286502
No phases?
No clarification on priorities?
>>
The best way to truly ruin friendships is that the game needs to on the surface look like it's a game about cooperation but has elements that encourage individual competition and allows for backstabbing. A game that is set on having players be antagonistic to eachother isn't going to make people hate their friends. It's that moment when someone goes, "What the fuck? We were supposed to be working together there! Why would you even do that?" that is what destroys relationships.
>>
>>46286528
No.
Frustration is what destroys friendships.
Risk and Monopoly is much more unhealthy than building an alliance in Twilight Imperium and then fucking your ally over.
>>
>>46279503
dota except as a tabletop
>>
>>46286528
lmao if you don't fuck over your friends for fun in games whenever possible

you and your friends are all pussies apparently
>>
>>46283346

Jesus Christ, really? I mean, I've enjoyed watching the show, but I really don't get these fucking people that turn it into their single most defining trait and everything has to have ponies on it. Goddamn. It's just a show, and while it's fun, it doesn't have to become your fucking god.
>>
>>46286921
MOBAs are inherently about being a pussy fuckshit that's hiding behind allies to push all responsibility of failure away from yourself.

Seriously, it's like the vidja version of a mirror of our society.
>>
Munchkin + F.A.T.A.L.

???
>>
>>46287171
Breaking broken mechanics?
That's essentially E.Y.E: The boardgame.
>>
>>46287231
Add "everyone is John" and make it a weird gang masturbatory fantasy dungeon romp.
>>
>>46279503
Simple, yoy combine Monopoly, Diplomacy, and Talisman.
The game will last indefinently as you are stuck in a loop of constantly dicking each other over because you are too poor to buy property.

Instead of Death, you have Poverty, who upon touching a player will take all money, loan all properties, and destroy all houses.
Players will form alliances to control Poverty, but if alliances are betrayed and Poverty lands on your supposed ally, all of their money goes to you.
>>
>Combine pay to win card games with backstabbing mechanics and infuriating skip turn effects.
>>
>>46289446
imagine the reactions.
>You only won because you bought that card online!
>You fuckin skipped my turn you bitch! "Only because you stole half my energy pool last turn".
>Etc
>>
>>46287252
Now /that/ I'd play the shit out of.
>>
It needs to have an obvious winner early in the game and then drag on for hours after that.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.