[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheism in Exalted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: UC logo.jpg (7 KB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
UC logo.jpg
7 KB, 191x200
The subject title is something of an oxymoron. In the world of Exalted, the existence of the Divine is not in question: The Gods can and do give blowjobs.

What I need is a term for those that do not worship. I'm not talking about a Yozi cultist that claim the Gods do not deserve to be worshipped but that the fallen Primordials do. I need a term that describes the philosophical stance that divine and supra-divine entities exist, that we owe our very existence to them, but that nonetheless they do not deserve to be worshipped.

I tried taking this question to an english language forum, and all it did was devolve into endless questions and answers about what Exalted is, and wether or not it sucks, and all without actually answering my damn question.
>>
Apatheism/Apathetist

Indifferent to the existence of God/Gods
>>
>>46275996

Ask over here: >>46265874
>>
>>46275996
There are solars that think the UCS is a massive piece of shit and refuse to pray to him. I don't know the term for it though.
>>
>>46276033
I spent a little time browsing wikipedia's various religion categories and hubs and I think this is probably the best answer. It'll get you about 90% of the way there OP.
>>
>>46276067
There is also misotheism (hate of god).
>>
The term you want is alatry, irlatry, or nonlatry (λατρεία (latreia) = worship).
>>
>>46276038
Now why the hell didn't I think of that? Ah, well, everybody shits up the board now and then.

>>46276033
>>46276067
Yea, you're probably right.

Still, i'll go ask in the general for other thoughts on the subject.
>>
>>46276128
>>46276113
Nope, this anon's got the best answer. Thanks!
>>
It was all very well going on about pure logic and how the universe was ruled by logic and the harmony of numbers, but the plain fact of the matter was that the Disc was manifestly traversing space on the back of a giant turtle and the gods had a habit of going round to atheists' houses and smashing their windows.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.