[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if we get a new format that's Legacy with no reserve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: aoTiakH5Vx.png (2 MB, 750x970) Image search: [Google]
aoTiakH5Vx.png
2 MB, 750x970
What if we get a new format that's Legacy with no reserve list cards? Would you be interested in that?

If that happens, what cards do you think would spike in price/demand? Here are my predictions, with explanations:

Shock Lands: Let's start with the obvious. With no original duals, these would be the go-to replacements. Expected price range: $22-25 for the blues and Tomb, $18-20 for the others.

Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: In Elves, this would most likely replace the absent Gaea's Cradle. Expected price $15-18:

Eye of Ugin/Eldrazi Temple: With the incoming bans in Modern, these two are sure to plummet. However, if this new proposed eternal format does become a reality, these two lands would once again rise to prominence in a relevant format. Expected Price: $35-40 Eye, $5-8 Temple.

These are just a few examples. What else do you guys think would see a rise in price/demand? Would you play a format like this? Let me know what you guys think!
>>
>>46272914
>What if you get out of your cave and let the meme die?
>>
>>46272914
It would be an extremely shitty version of Legacy with less diversity. Miracles loses nothing and would still be the best deck. Merfolk, Burn and Infect would also be good. The format overall could be described as linear monocolor strategies vs Force of Will decks, the same thing people hate about Modern.

Fetchlands, Force, Jace and Wasteland would soar in price even more than they already have, until our Chinese friends help collapse the format.
>>
>>46277787
>Help collapse?
what? they are the ones that keep legacy and vintage alive!
>>
>>46277787
Delver would be good too. As would Sneak and Show. The only relevant decks that would die if this happened are Lands and Dredge.
>>
>>46282028
Lands could still survive. The 4 Diamonds and 1 Tabernacle could be replaced by 4 Chrome Mox and another Maze of Ith. Dredge, on the other hand, probably would die without LED.
>>
If it's the exact same banned list as Legacy is, then there's no point.

If they're going to make a Legacy 2.0, then they need to do something to make it different. I think if they do make it, they'll ban Brainstorm. They've never been able to ban it before, but if this format replaces modern then they'll have to.

Idk, would still play fun decks and lose to everything until I get sick of it and then revert back to some lame Delver deck.
>>
>>46282163
How is chrome mox good in a deck with 39 colorless cards
>>
It would be like modern. Overpriced and people would bitch about the banned list. Just fix modern, don't ruin legacy
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.