[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General - Popular Card in the OP Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: Mulldrifter+%255BMM2%255D[1].jpg (32 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Mulldrifter+%255BMM2%255D[1].jpg
32 KB, 223x311
>MTGO Pauper Guide
https://www.cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!
>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings
>>
File: 1458917707453.jpg (49 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1458917707453.jpg
49 KB, 265x370
>>46271750
So has anyone tested the new Fungoyf in Tortured Existance yet? It seems so good until you compare it to a Carapace Forger in Affinity
>>
I have already gathered and built Mono Black Control and Affinity and I'm halfway building Tron. What should I build after this? I'm planning to play these decks with my cousin by picking random decks.
>>
I'm unclear on the pauper ban list, do you also include the regular banlists for legacy, modern or whatever as well as the pauper list?

http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/gameplay/formats/pauper

Otherwise it seems like you can stick in four Brainstorm and Ponder.
>>
>>46272511
That is correct. If you need a clearer explanation Google MTGO banlist.
>>
>>46272511
All Commons and only Commons can be played, save for the ones not on MTGO and ones on the banlist. There is 1 or 2 cards that are uncommon on paper but common on MTGO, these are also allowed.
>>
>>46271925
I really want this to work with the affinity lands, tarfire and nameless inversion.
>>
>>46271925
I really want to see this to work with the artifact lands, tarfire or nameless inversion.
>>
Is anyone brewing madness shenanigans with the new SoI cards? There's got to be a grixis deck that spews value.

Pretty pleased with what the new set brings for pauper. Format is slow enough that investigate is useful.
>>
>>46272102
Maybe goblins or stompy? Get som more straight aggro going.
>>
>>46275977
A grixis deck? What were you think of, anon?
>>
>>46272102
Man those are some slow boring decks.
Pop a cheap Burn, Goblins, Slivers, or even Stompy would be more aggro than the ones you have, in there
>>
>>46276012
Faithless looting, tormenting voice, tortured existence and the blue Faithless looting as discard outlets, and all the not shit common madness cards. Throw in a couple of gurmag anglers. It's a rough mental picture right now, if I get it closer to a deck list I'll post it.

Idea #2 adds green for tilling treefolk, basking rootwalla and gnaw to the bone.

Idea #3 is waterfront bouncer and friends (various cmc2 merfolk looters) plus TE to discard heaps and is probably just UB. I'm wondering if counterspells and looting at EoT would be viable.
>>
>>46272511
Its just the Pauper banlist. Brainstorm gets a lot worse when you don't have etb untapped fetchlands.
>>
File: images (14).jpg (15 KB, 306x209) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
15 KB, 306x209
>>46277059
[Unintelligible angry squawking]
>>
File: circle.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>46277171
Forgot about that.
Still, not like any dang birds are getting though my shields.
>>
>>46277389
Huh. I had forgotten about the rhystic cycle. Is the deck you play it in as much of a circle jerk as I imagine it to be?
>>
I haven't played pauper in long time now.

How viable is a madness/burn deck with armadillo cloak now?
>>
Help me with my shitbrew, /tg/?

The idea is mono G midrange based around fierce empath being a beast. Currently deciding if it's better with the self bounce package (visionary etc) the gy recursion (elders and friends) or a mix. Thoughts? Does llanowar elves beat wild growth?

23 forest

4 Wild Growth

4 Fierce Empath
3 Ambush Krotiq
4 Tangle Golem
3 Citanul Woodreaders
4 Aurochs Herd
2 Hooting Mandrills

Fill up 13 slots with a mix of the following:

Elvish Visionary, Gatecreeper vine, Disciple of Nylea, Invasive Species

Viridian Emissary, Sakura-tribe elder, Yavimaya Elder, Pulse of Murasa

Also post your shitbrews. Mtg goldfish is great, but some fresh air would be nice too.
>>
>>46277732
I'm playing UW tron, so pretty much.
>>
>>46278252
What's your list?

>>46278203
You need a huge amount of ramp for that to work. Run Cultivate instead of Wild Growth, add Llanowar Elves.
You could splash White to get some blink effects, thus dropping the Citanul because it's kinda crap

I would add 4x Elvish Visionary, 4x Llanowar Elves, 3x Sakura-tribe Elder, 2x Pulse of Murasa or 2x Invasive Species, but Species is pretty bad when compared to Kor Skyfisher.

You can see my shitbrews here:
http://tappedout.net/users/LucMagnus/deck-folders/
thanks anons
>>
>>46271925
I really want to test if this works with the artifact lands, tarfire or nameless inversion.
>>
>>46271925
It'd be cool to see if this works with the affinity lands, tarfire or nameless inversion.
>>
>>46274179
>>46274221
>>46279101
>>46279146

Anon, I'm worried about you.
>>
>>46279932
Me too.
>>
>>46278551
Another colour would be useful, that's true, though I wonder if it'd make the golem bad. Thanks for your thoughts anon, I think you're right on the elves/wild growth call and probs cultivate too.
>>
>>46278551
Did not know strength of night existed. Thanks again. Your zombies reminded me of another shitbrew I made, trying to get more bang for my buck from sac effects.

//Artifact (2)
2 Sylvok Lifestaff

//Creature (25)
2 Black Cat
4 Butcher Ghoul
2 Ghoulraiser
2 Gurmag Angler
4 Kjeldoran Dead
3 Phyrexian Rager
4 Sultai Emissary
4 Vulturous Aven

//Instant (4)
3 Altar's Reap
1 Death Denied

//Sorcery (5)
3 Bone Splinters
2 Corrupt

//Land (24)
4 Barren Moor
20 Swamp
>>
>>46278252
>Tron
Why don't you just play delver ya weiner.
>>
>>46280031
The Cultivate might be pushing it a little bit too much, since you'd have to turn 1 elves, turn 2 cultivate, and having all that in your hand might not be possible. The good thing about pauper is that it's cheap to playtest and find out what works and what doesn't.

>>46280266
It's an interesting brew, but where's the value? You have way too many recursive creatures but no sac outlets to make good use of them. Carrion Feeder, Phyrexian Ghoul/Nantuko Husk/Bloodthrone Vampire and Viscera Seer would all be good in this deck. The Sylvok Lifestaff is a pretty nice touch btw.
>>
My Slivers deck has never lost to tron. Tron is just too slow.
>>
>>46280740
14 sac outlets and 15 recursive creatures seemed balanced. I guess with each creature recurring skewing it the other way would be alright. Could go 16/13 by cutting black cat for the 4th reap and splinters.
>>
File: colonForewardSlash.jpg (164 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
colonForewardSlash.jpg
164 KB, 600x450
For Tortured Existence, what is a healthy composition of things that like being put into the graveyard to think that like being recurred from the graveyard?

>>46271925
Pic related.
>>
>>46283133
Do you have a base list already that you're tuning? Depends a bit on what's already there.
>>
File: chainersedictsm.jpg (85 KB, 513x408) Image search: [Google]
chainersedictsm.jpg
85 KB, 513x408
>>46280980
Do you have a list? I've seen one on MTGGoldfish but that one just seems bad and boring.
>>
>>46283909
It's pretty much the same besides the sidedecking. The one on that site looks like it's for anti MBC but one turn isn't gonna help you if it's that late. I don't even know why I run into artifact stuff in the sideboard when playing another Sliver is a better idea.
>>
>>46271750
i appreciate the quality OP, anon
we've had too many shit ones
>>
>>46277171
I'm glad they got rid of that logo
>>
File: shitandwank.jpg (623 KB, 1294x599) Image search: [Google]
shitandwank.jpg
623 KB, 1294x599
>>46283680
im not that anon, but was also wondering this
can never get TE decks to work for me

maybe i play wrong?
maybe i deck wrong?
>>
>>46284945
My TE deck is jund, but if I were making BG I'd run more delve and dredge creatures and fewer wild mongrel and carrion feeder.
>>
>>46280266
I feel like you could fit a carrion feeder in that list over maybe altars reap?
>>
>>46285733
I'll give carrion feeder a go. Thinking of ditching corrupt too. Might cut 2 Corrupt and an altar's reap for 2 carrion feeder and a 3rd lifestaff
>>
>>46271925
I feel he doesn't fit in a TE deck.
>>
>>46285712
Is it really worth it playing 3 colors? Got a list? Im a fan of jund, but still.
>>
>>46286080
Faithless looting is pretty great. Don't have a list on me, and won't be at my pc for a week. I'll see what I can do from memory.
>>
>>46277059
>Brainstorm gets a lot worse when you don't have etb untapped fetchlands.
Not really tho. Setting up your delver or digging 3 in a pinch to get an awnser you need now but are not holding. Even without the shuffle effect Brainstorm is still really good. Shuffle effects just make it stupid ridiculous.
>>
>>46286080
Something like this

4 Faithless looting
2 tormenting voice
4 gurmag angler
2 hooting Mandrills
4 stinkweed imp
2 golgari brownscale
2 satyr wayfinder
3 commune with the gods
3 tortured existence
2 tilling treefolk
1 gnaw to the bone
4 basking rootwalla
4 grave scrabbler
2 dark withering

4 evolving wilds
4 terramorphic expanse
4 mountain
4 forest
4 swamp
1 golgari rot farm
>>
>>46286178
Its okay without the shuffle. That no mono u delver lists in the mtgo top8s run I think is telling. The exception is UB delver that runs thought scour and mental note, together with some delve cards. I think you want like 12 shuffle effects for brainstorm to be really good? It would be cool to play some list with squadron hawks and brainstorm for sure.
>>
>>46286225
Ah, ok. A light splash like the jeskai kitty decks? Sweet. Have you had a chance to run it against like delver or mbc?
>>
>>46286249
Played delver for some tourneys (top2 in two, dropped last one).
Bstorm is GOOD, it's not basically the best shit ever, but it's nice. I used to run 2-3 and they where the first thing to get SB, also I used shitload of cantrips (10-12~) because of using x2 logic knot, which is also great.
>>
>>46286249
Squawk and brainstorm are both in 5c Domain. Not the strongest deck but very fun.

>>46286265
Only casually. It went alright, It has game against both, but they're the top dogs for a reason. Stinkweed imp does good work against delver and fume spitter comes in from the sb.

Mbc is a slog of a game, you're light on removal and gary is a threat you probably need Gnaw to survive. Bojuka bog can just fuck you completely and decking out is a real concern.
>>
>>46282857
Sorry about the wait, I know you have a bunch of sac outlets, but which ones are actually going to win you the game? You have a ton of card advantage, some removal, but there isn't a single creature that eats other creatures to get big. I just really love Carrion Feeder, what can I say?

>>46286225
Aren't 4 anglers way too much? I still think I don't get how this deck works. You dredge the brownscale and discard it to return a creature you need from the graveyard, and keep doing that?
Do you think the deck is going to get better with the SoI spoiler, Sanitarium Skeleton?
>>
>>46287054
Nah, the GY fills up like crazy with dredge. I think I had single copies of dragon breath and shadow in there too. Dredge an imp once and you've basically paid the delve cost for a big guy. Faithless looting is again awesome, dredge instead of draw then toss the dredged creature/s back to do it again. I like the skelly a lot but I think he's a bit slow here.

As for the sac deck, plan A is beat in with skeleton man, plan b is beat in with birdman, while grinding out attrition. It does feel like it's lacking something though, and carrion feeder might just be it.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.