[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Right now there is this sort of trend in fantasy of 'human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: races.gif (215 KB, 629x439) Image search: [Google]
races.gif
215 KB, 629x439
Right now there is this sort of trend in fantasy of 'human only' worlds being very popular. That is fine, but I really, really enjoy settings with a wide variety of races and cultures.

What are some examples (besides the obvious ones like LotR, DnD, etc.) of settings/novels/whatever with race as an element and presence.
>>
There's the Dagger and Coin series by Daniel Abraham.
>>
Ringworld by Larry Niven gets into it in an interesting way. Instead of fixating on what the humans think of the aliums, sometimes the aliums will be surprised or interested or whatever about something weird that the humans did. One example that springs to mind is when the warrior alien is shocked and kind of impressed by a human climbing up some precarious thing. The warrior race guy is part of a species not descended from apes, and doing something like that is unthinkable for him.
>>
Why is the gnome trying to magic away the half-orcs penis?
>>
>>46266796
Oh hey, is that any good? I had been meaning to check it out after reading his Long Price quartet but forgot about it and never got around to it.
>>
>>46267888
Magical circumcision. Gnomes are just fantasy Jews after all.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.