[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you play a game where the players are highly trained Mega-Corp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12
File: 1402700801438.jpg (565 KB, 1139x744) Image search: [Google]
1402700801438.jpg
565 KB, 1139x744
Would you play a game where the players are highly trained Mega-Corp PMC agents getting warped into a fantasy world to scout it for resources and recover magical artifacts for research?

>Having to establish a base of operations
>Infiltrating the local country
>Having to Tranq and out-warp rare monsters
>Competing with other Mega-Corps
>Fighting with the brass to get better equipment warped in
>High stakes assassination missions to install puppets

It'd be like africa, except with elves and dragons instead of blacks
>>
>>46264844

Mod shadowrun
>>
>>46264844
Yes I would.
>>
>>46264860
>"mod"

nyukka that IS shadowrun
>>
You've been watching GATE, haven't you, OP?
>>
File: 1401115315066.jpg (314 KB, 1038x1393) Image search: [Google]
1401115315066.jpg
314 KB, 1038x1393
>>46264844

Eh, use Paranoia because it'll all just devolve into a harem comedy eventually.
>>
File: rory.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rory.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>46264934
Yes, and? The finale was like, last night or something. Switching it to blatant, corporate exploitation rather than MUH BUTIFUL SDF DREAMS I think would make a pretty entertaining game.
>>
>>46264979
And it manages to be more nippon-wanking than the whole decades of samurai/katana/zaibatsu megacorps we already had, and even more than some parodies of it we have now
>>
>>46265023
>>>/a/
I didn't say shit all about the country warping in.
>>
File: Death_Rider_of_Krieg.jpg (373 KB, 980x1139) Image search: [Google]
Death_Rider_of_Krieg.jpg
373 KB, 980x1139
I was once part of a game like this.
But replace Mega-Corp with Nazi Germany. It lasted 1 session during which I played the glorious fun that was Artillery Officer Aldwin, the worlds most cheerful Nazi.
Born just far enough back to have been brought up with the heritage of the aristocracy and just early enough to have not been wiped from the face of the earth in WW1 he was a sincere patriot that truly believed in Germany.
And was in charge of enough fire power to level a forest to build a base camp on.

Horse drawn howitzers were the mainstay since they theorized motors wouldn't work in 'The Lebensraum beyond' and so I ended up as a sort of ad hoc cavalryman/artillery leader, picked from the finest of what was left of the German nobility to join the team as part of the inevitable horseback units that would have to be trained as things went on.

Sadly for some reason the GM didn't decide to continue the game after the first session because apparently we weren't taking his Nazis get transported to fantasy land game seriously enough, despite everyone in the entire team treating it utterly Poe faced and taking time to set up a secure perimeter around the gateway. Go figure.
>>
Sounds interesting, though I would see it best played as getting involved and entangled into conflicts and bargains with demons, then questioning the purpose of your mission.

Along the way you might have to fight a party of good adventurers.
>>
File: corrected pistol.jpg (317 KB, 1280x1214) Image search: [Google]
corrected pistol.jpg
317 KB, 1280x1214
>>46265147
Unless you give the party high frequency blades, any adventuring party is going to be very asymmetric in combat. Either they get shot to shit, or they close in and sword half the party to death before getting shot to shit.
>>
>>46265132
well, maybe if you weren't doing the silly fucking accents I know you were dong
>>
>>46264844
sure would
>>
>>46264893
I had almost ready campaign designed for shadowrun for players to start as megacorp black ops team and general gist being them trying to work their arses out from the control of the corp after *insert relevant incident here*.

Shame that I lost those notes.
>>
>>46264844
Planning on running a game like this. Technologically advanced nation has to keep its magically focused neighbors in check as the gods of the world keep trying to wipe the world clean and start over with stone age tribes. Nowhere near ready but I'm looking forward to running it.
>>
>>46264844
Yeah, sounds pretty good, I created and GMed game like this, but it was based around human army annexing the Fantasy land, because of exhausted resources and dying biosphere on our side of portal and happy forest friends, that never achieve industrial age on another.

It was fun, but I was hoping, that players will came to change of mind, some sort of recognition, that they are the bad guy... Instead, we had few session of killing locals, few elf rapes, white phosphor mortar fire on civilian refugee camps and basically they were fucking monsters... It was fun!
>>
>>46265980
>and basically they were fucking monsters... It was fun!
Sounds par for the course
>>
>>46265222
I swear, no one was doing accents.
In fact it was a text game.
No one:
>Suggested we exterminate the gnomes
>Goose stepped
>described *anything* as the 'final solution' to a problem
>Suggested we save Hitlers brain (Despite us being a last ditch attempt to find places beyond the failing war for Nazism to flee to and the Thule society being involved)
100% entirely sincere nazi characters, only some of whom (The actual SS of which only one was a PC) knew of the holocaust as a thing and played entirely straight.
I've done more german accents in Black Crusades in fact.
>>
>>46264844
I had actually the opposite. Some assholes from fantasy world thinking no-magic world would be an easy prey on one side and X-COM-like organisation on the other.

Only there was one big difference from standard "humans versus fantasy" plot. The other side was competent.

Eventully from largely secret small-scale invasion with attempted control over governments it grew into all-out war with both sides resembling each other more and more as it went by. Eventually it became clear that things are creeping pretty close to MAD and, a couple of coups later (the final session of the campaign - party had to infiltrate the palace of fantasyland's Dragon Emperor and slay him, with valuable, yet deniable assistance from his no less assholish, but more agreeable brother) things cooled down enough for both sides to negotiate peace.

It was pretty dope and i want to run the followup campaign, 200 or so years later.
>>
>>46264844

Yes, actually.

I've done an entire setting like this. The concept was that the players were doing EXACTLY this...With one caveat.

They had to pretend to be natives. As in, they couldn't bust out the heavy weaponry and so on. All of them were trained combatants, from academies on Earth. (The one twist was that for the magicians, their magic didn't work on Earth. They had very elaborate simulations to make up for it.)

Also, the players were actually film stars back home. People watched their gory adventures, and thrilled to their exploits. They started wars, assassinated Kings, battled dragons...All to live a seven-figure life back on Earth.

And here's the funny thing: One of the players was a Paladin. Now, in this universe, Paladins must worship Gods (Like Clerics) to get their powers. The PC - who fought with chivalry and honor - was known as the Devil Knight, because he was not of this Earth.

Because his God knew, you see, and saw to the true heart of this man. And since his faith was true, God allowed him to serve and wield his powers anyway.
>>
>>46266123
This is interesting, I was using Spec Ops: The Line as my little field manual of psychological abuse for my players. After first time, when they fucked up and horribly killed bunch of civilians (sabot missile + unstable magical construct = lots of shrapnel) some of them were feeling bad, but then, the sociopath of the group push them to continue and soon they became numb to things, they done to advance the plot.
>>
Isn't this basically just playing Centrum in Infinite Worlds?

Either way, I dig it.
>>
File: 1z.jpg (248 KB, 1420x900) Image search: [Google]
1z.jpg
248 KB, 1420x900
I'd play a game that was basically the Soviet-Afghan War in a fantasy world. Spreading glorious Communism to other worlds.
>>
>>46264844
Is this my birthday?

Yes, Shadowrun doesn't even need to be homebrewed for this.
>>
>>46268896
....well, the setting does, but thats about it...
>>
>>46264844
Particulary playing psycopaths killing a lot of innocent people for the profit of a corporation doesn't appeal a lot to me. Plus arriving in a fantasy world with a modern arsenal and unsuspecting natives sounds a bit like a power fantasy where one uses an anti material rifle to take down a dragon and then just proceeds to machinegun wipe entire villages and armies. I don't see a lot of appeal and charm in the idea. I like to have at least some wiggle room to pretend I'm heroic.
>>
>>46269782
The setting is garbage anyway.

Great high concept, but too many cooks pissing in the pot.
>>
>>46264844
So GURPS: Infinite worlds with a cyberpunk bent? Sure.

>>46268178
Centrum's a bit less profiteering and a lot less likely to shoot its own agents in the foot. At least on my reading of them.

>>46268806
Workers of the multiverse unite!
>>
>>46269887
Humanity-hating xenolover detected.
>>
File: 1453958692354.jpg (161 KB, 900x1353) Image search: [Google]
1453958692354.jpg
161 KB, 900x1353
>>46264844

>Would you play a game where the players are highly trained Mega-Corp PMC agents

Yes.

>warped into a fantasy world

No.
>>
This just sounds like Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Humanity is dumped on a fantasy world, fucks everything up to protect itself.
>>
>>46270038
By the name I can tell this is an anime and for that alone i hate you sir. Good day.
>>
>>46270158

Not him but it's a vidya, not an anime.

I've heard it's pretty good, if you're into JRPGs. which I am not
>>
>>46269887
>implying playing psychopaths isn't fun
>implying power fantasy isn't fun

Get a flamethrower and get in line. Those elves won't burn themselves.
>>
File: I did it becasue I like it.jpg (65 KB, 638x472) Image search: [Google]
I did it becasue I like it.jpg
65 KB, 638x472
>>46270400

This.
>>
>>46269887

this

playing colonial exploitation operators sounds boring as fuck and likely to attract obnoxious players
>>
>>46264844
Think Marvel UK Warheads and yes I most definitely would!
>>
>>46270400
To each his own. I would likely not enjoy having players with this atitude in my table let alone a whole game based of it, but its a colorful varied world and I'm glad there is people who enjoy all sort of things.
>>
>>46272129
>wah wah everything must be like my SJW masters tell me
fuck off to Tumblr.
>>
File: that's woof.jpg (84 KB, 540x473) Image search: [Google]
that's woof.jpg
84 KB, 540x473
>>46272288
Step your game up, no point chumming the waters without a line.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.