[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
character drive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: mw barrel view.jpg (27 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
mw barrel view.jpg
27 KB, 500x478
I'm creating a new character for our pathfinder group and I'm trying to have a solid reason for why I would be tagging along with a group of strangers and going on an adventure as well as ongoing ambitions. level 3 human gunslinger
>>
Knowing the plot of the game is gonna be way more helpful then your characters class.
>>
>>46263803
it's homebrew, I don't know the plot. typical medieval fantasy pathfinder setting though
>>
money
>>
>>46263788
lods of emone
>>
>>46263788
1)Money
2)Provincial pleb looking for an excuse to see the world
3)Wanderer looking for an excuse to test his skills
4)took a liking to one of the party
>>
>>46263788
Well, given as you've provided abso-fucking-lutely no information on either the setting, the plotline, your character, his background, his motivations, the other characters, their motivations or the actual point of the adventure...let's start with the basics.

>Level 3 Human Gunslinger
All right, so this right here tells us a few things, or at least has the potential to point us in a direction or three (dozen). As a Human, especially in a fantasy setting chock-full of longer-lived beings, it's traditionally expected to be full of drive to explore and learn and become so much more so much quicker than everyone else around you. A gunslinger in turn brings to mind images of old duelists and brigands, sharpshooters and grizzled gunmen living by their mettle and their metal, aiming to prove themselves the best by virtue of the speed of their hand and the sureness of their eye. At Level 3, you should by now have experienced at least a little of life to wear a bit of the 'green-ness' off, and while not hardly the grizzled old grit-eater you're one day destined to be, you've taken your first few steps that way already.

Soo...what does that mean, as far as motivation? It probably means you're looking for an excuse to prove yourself, without getting your fool head blown off your shoulders, and have learned the easiest way to do that is to have some fools between you and whatever you're facing. The fact that they're strangers means there's no emotional attachment to muddy the waters - they get in the way of a stray bolt or bullet, them's the breaks, and if they prove a problem to you, well, that's what shallow graves on the side of the trail are made for. After all, you're out to make a name, not friends, right?
>>
>>46263836
he has a quest

the petty was highly recommended to him

fate/a god gave them vague enough signs that can be interpreted as stick with these people

they aren't strangers, they've know one or all the party for years!
>>
>>46263863
Here's what I've scraped together, I like my characters to have a little more depth
-son of a well-known gunsmith
-grew up helping his mother on their farm until he was old enough to work under his father
-his dad taught him how to shoot
-proposes to his childhood sweetheart only to have her not show and leave him standing at the alter with no explanation
-some time later he spots her in another city and tails her to her house and sees she's with another man. He kicks in their door and kills them both
-possibly has a bounty on his head from this?
>>
>>46263920
You're keeping a low profile, possibly trying to create a new identity for yourself.
>>
>>46263920
not sure I'd stop here, he needs to have done something that makes him level 3
>>
>>46263997
His dad was a good teacher?
>>
>>46263788
He's looking for his son, while on the run from the law, and trying to clear his name because he got blamed for shooting a childhood friend even though he died to an arrow, not a bullet.
>>
>>46263803
also, what makes for good multiclass with slingers?
>>
>>46264180
A caster class that allows them to craft their own magical gear.
>>
>>46264218
any specific class worth mention?
>>
File: hondero___balearic_slinger.jpg (6 KB, 213x335) Image search: [Google]
hondero___balearic_slinger.jpg
6 KB, 213x335
>>46264180
Spearmen?
>>
>>46264229
Sorcerer, or any of their derivatives.
>>
>>46263920

Girl was a mimic?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.