[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Grom Hellscream WC3.jpg (270 KB, 850x863) Image search: [Google]
Grom Hellscream WC3.jpg
270 KB, 850x863
Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting. Play nice and keep the shitposting to a minimum.

>Previous thread:
>>46226895
>>
>>46258484
A tabletop RPG would be feasible if using Pathfinder rules but a good outsider material instead of the core Paizo rules.
>>
File: Kael'thas.jpg (140 KB, 550x787) Image search: [Google]
Kael'thas.jpg
140 KB, 550x787
first for turning worlds upside down
>>
File: memepalace.png (832 KB, 827x543) Image search: [Google]
memepalace.png
832 KB, 827x543
second for the azeroth
>>
File: yes, this pleases zugzug.jpg (57 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
yes, this pleases zugzug.jpg
57 KB, 227x222
>>46258522

>mfw you realize you're wrong about turalyon being the reason the orcs lost the second war and all you can do is shitpost in response
>>
>>46258554
don't look so smug!
>>
>>46258585
>WE WUZ HONORABLE WARRIORS AND SHEIT
>DA DRAENEI TRYING TO KEEP DA ORC HORDE DOWN
>>
File: ony raid.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ony raid.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Thread Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOZBU257ERE
>>
>>46258585
first, i am not him.

Second, how is it shit post?
Pre-WC3 Stormwind fall because of a traitor orc.
Lothar died because of orc being cowardly backstabber.
Ogrim doomhammer was actually called "the backstabber".

The "honorable orc" is just a agenda they made up after WC3.
Which went away again after Cata.
>>
File: dwarf.jpg (278 KB, 1000x755) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.jpg
278 KB, 1000x755
>>46258630

>implying im even an orc fanboy
>>
>>46258655

it's a shitpost because you didn't offer any real rebuttal

this post you made is more substantial, because its at least inviting discussion
>>
>>46258655
I like that saurfang who is a swell guy knows that horde did dubious bullshit
>>
>>46258655
>The "honorable orc" is just a agenda they made up after WC3.

How is this even a valid argument? You realize that 99% of everything great about Warcraft is a result of WC3 and early WoW, right?

It wasn't WC1 or WC2 that put the Warcraft universe on the map. It was WC3 up to WoW's WotLK expansion.
>>
>>46258695
I already made post (>>46258085) above that one talking about how orc wins with backstabbing.

I don't like keep posting the same thing over and over again in the same thread.

>>46258705
And in cata they forgot everything and proves Daelin Proudmoore is right.

How Thrall can be shameless enough to go lecture Jaina is beyond me.
>>
>>46258742
no, wc1 and 2 were popular because they were classic RTS games that played in a fantasy universe with dragons, elves, orcs and magic. And they had awesome stories too boot. No other RTS had done a continuous story between two campaigns before BTDP.
>>
>>46258742
WC2 was already very popular.
But Its SC that putted BZ on the map, everybody knows that.

One of the worst thing about WoW was how they feverly try to make Orcs looks good and decent then fall flat on their face.
>>
>>46258742
>It wasn't WC1 or WC2 that put the Warcraft universe on the map.
You don't actually believe that, do you?

Like, WC2 was fucking huge when it came out.
>>
>>46258910
he is underage. don't ban him anon.
>>
>>46258377
>>46258424
It showed up in a few other places too. The Blackrock in Redridge post-cata have one that you blow up.

It's also far more sturdy seeming and has room for people to actually live there as a watchpost on its own.

>>46258585
He's the reason they lost in the end. (Or rather "The Light" was [God I hope they don't make it a vengeful Naaru that came to hunt that voidform-naaru fragment that got made into Ashbringer when Chronicles covers WC2])

Losing at Capital City put the Horde on the Back Foot but not impossibly so. After Lothar's death they actually had a chance before the giant megasmite Turalyon laid down.

>>46258655
>Ogrim doomhammer was actually called "the backstabber".
For "Backstabbing" Blackhand.

Not necessarily LITERALLY backstabbing Blackhand I thought it was left vague till Lord of the Clans, though he did have a backstabing spike on top of the Doomhammer at the time...

>>46258832
So BtDP is where they started that "Start as one faction, then move to another." thing that they used in WC3?

Cool.

>>46258655
I think Garona's mind control was always part of the canon but I may be wrong.
>>
>>46258910

Not nearly as big as WC3 and it was from WC3 Blizz drew the building blocks of WoW from. WC3 is what put Warcraft on the map. WC2 may have been popular during its day, but it was nowhere as popular or iconic as WC3/WoW.
>>
>>46259084
you really have no idea do you?
>>
>>46259084
>WC2 may have been popular during its day, but it was nowhere as popular or iconic as WC3/WoW.
pls just be havin a laff
>>
>>46258942
Yeah because doomhammer was soon captured after backstabbing lothar and didn't got a chance to come up with any new nickname.
Its just a sign of him being renown at backstabbing.

> Runners have arrived and informed you of grave news. King Llane lies dead this day,
> assassinated by the treacherous Garona, at Stormwind Keep

There was no text on it in WC1 and she is completely ignored in WC2.
Its something they made up later as part of their attempt to write orcs clean.

Also Gul'dan was suppose to be in a Coma at this time, its arguable if she was even mind controlled.
>>
>>46258942

Still sad that Warriors can't use the Doomhammer come the latest WoW expansion. It's the weapon of a great orc warlord. Not just Green Jesus.
>>
>>46259152
>>46259161

>no arguments: the post
>>
>>46259240
>I was too young to know how big Wc2 was when it came out.
>I consider myself old because I played DoTA on Wc3.
>>
>>46259292

>i think wc2 was anywhere near as big, iconic, or important as wc3
>>
>>46259346
It was.
The biggest hit of BZ in RTS is SC, by a landslide.
WC3 is just on the same level as WC2.

Just because you are too young to know how big WC2 is doesn't mean you should shit post online about it.
>>
>>46259404

>i think wc2 was huge because it personally impacted my childhood
>im completely ignoring how much more wc3 sold and how it set up the modern wc canon

ok, kid
>>
>>46259209
>warriors don't get a cool quest to purify Xal'atoh back into Gorehowl
>none of the paladin specs get the Hammer of the Naaru
>ret gets the Animebringer
>>
>>46259491
Xal'atoh isn't Gorehowl, it's just the image of Gorehowl.

The real Gorehowl never left the room you fight the Sha of Pride in.
>>
>>46259457
> Sold less than Starcraft, that came out before it
> at time where Pc is more widely avaliable
> very popular

So you are both young and stupid
>>
>>46259346
>>46259457

>Implying it wasn't
the reason why wc3 was so fucking popular was because of it's map editor, not because of it's story. Yes the story was cool, but so was Wc2 and BTDP.
The franchise exploded in popularity when it became the MMO that everybody knows and loves.

Modern WoW canon was impacted far more by blizzard's novels and stories taking place congruent to the games, especially Wc3.

The Draenei thing was completely different in BC and TFT
Arthas' characterization is based on the novels and barely by the game character.
Kael'thas and illidan becoming mad was only tangentially related to TFT, especially the former.
>>
>>46259346
>I wasn't alive in '95 and act like I know the impact of games released then
Tides of darkness (and to a lesser extent, orcs and humans) was what put Blizzard on the map as RTS developers. Starcraft's monumental success owed a lot to the fact that WC2 was a known and popular commodity.

Like, shit, man. You can't say Warcraft 3 is what put Warcraft on the map with a straight face. People were excited for Wacraft 3 because they already fucking knew about Warcraft 2 and wanted a new blizzard RTS after Brood War.
>>
>>46259491

I'd have liked Uther's Hammer for Paladins.

I mean, the thing is pretty understated for WoW weapons but it would have been iconic.
>>
>>46259686
this. Operation CWAL was a real thing and in an era before social media.
>>
>>46259686
fuck me, I am always saddened by the fact that blizzard didn't allow walls to be built during the Singleplayer missions in wc2 and BTDP
>>
>>46259686
Its surprising that he thinks people who know WC2 was big was playing it in their childhood.

My childhood game is actually captain goodnight.
>>
>>46259791
>commander keen in goodbye galaxy
>I am younger than you in all probability.
>>
>>46259812
i was actually playing Japanese Hentai game at that point.
In my mom's office.

What the hell was I thinking...
>>
>>46259853
You weren't anon.
Your peepee was.
>>
>>46259773
I'm saddened total annihilation lost the RTS popularity war. Totally inevitable without something like battle.net, but man was it my fuckin' jam.
>>
>>46259853
any particular mission you like from wc1 or 2?

Mine was the one where you rescue those peasants from the corrupt humans in wc1 and blow their outpost up.
>>
>>46259897
good games come and go anon. Remember the good times.
Like I remember trying to type in the god mode cheat to save lotharI was never fast enough.
>>
>>46259899
WC1... I only considered it a Dune2 clone and didn't invest too much time in it.
But I would say The Dead Mines, that's the first quest i ever did with limited force avalible.

For WC2 it's probably the black rock spire mission.
I restarted so much time to see If I can save lothar's group.
>>
>>46259897

TA had that Boneyards thing, although it came a bit late I suppose. That was pretty cool.
>>
>>46259955
yeah, I am not that old to remember dune 2, but I always found that wc1 allowed you to make comfy cities with roads and walls. That shit was fucking awesome, even though it was basically a hangover from dune.

Deadmines was the one where you rescue lothar right? Or was it the one where you kill blackhand's daughter?

Also, the wc1 mission where you blow up the temple of the damned. Dang that shit was cash.
>>
>>46259955
>But I would say The Dead Mines, that's the first quest i ever did with limited force avalible.
I still can't imagine beating the slimes. (I only played it via WC3 mod so things may have changed to simulate the mechanics within the engine limitations) Too many goddamn mandatory casualties.
>>
>>46260026
>playing karhazan and trying to kill medivh.
>he keeps summoning those fucking demons and spiders
>>
>>46259919
Well I mean technically it's still got a community and is on steam, so it's not like it's gone. It's just the idea of long range artillery shooting into the fog of war thanks to your radar facilities was seriously mindblowing.

Still is, really. So much depth in that game.
>>
>>46260014
There are 2 quest of the same name, both limited force mission.
I did the Horde campaign first.

Yeah that was a cool mission even through I sucked at it.

>>46260026
throw summoned creature to them and run like hell.
>>
>>46260141
Oh I thought you only had necrolytes.

Also an Ice Scorpion would be a cool Glyph for frost mages as a callback to WC1 scorpion summoning.
>>
>>46260216
I am sure the only guy in blizz who worked on wc1 is Metzen.
>>
>>46260216
You only had necrolytes, yeah.
So you gotta do it fast, no stopping.

not like you can't exploit one of your guy, right?
>>
File: Scouttower.png (215 KB, 477x498) Image search: [Google]
Scouttower.png
215 KB, 477x498
I wish Blizzard would to a straight texture update on this (Maybe give the slit windows some use and have them actually show up on the inside?) and spin the inner tower around so it's not a straight shot up the outer ring.
>>
>>46261502
>spin the inner tower around so it's not a straight shot up the outer ring.
If they did that, scrubs would never know they could go inside to get the quests.
>>
>>46259686
>>46259686

But it was. WC3 is the defining game of Warcraft. It laid the building blocks for WoW. The events of WC2 aren't nearly as important going into WC3 as the events of WC3 are going into WoW. The wild success of WC3 and all its features is what gave WoW the boost it needed.

WC2 was fun and it was successful, but it did not play anywhere near as large a role in the success of the Warcraft franchise as Warcraft 3.

To seriously imply otherwise is retarded.

I was alive for WC2, by the way. Fucking retards.
>>
>>46259919
>that spoiler
I was, once. The result was...heartbreaking.
even if you're fast enough to save Lothar, the map won't let you win as long as he's alive. You have to kill him yourself.

I will literally never accept Blizzard's 'muh onnurable warcheef' retcon for Lothar's death.
>>
>>46262048
The warcraft franchise was successful because WoW became a thing. It shits over every other game in the franchise Wc3 included. A shit load of things from wc3 got retconned coming into WoW.
>>
>>46262082
I preferred their second set of retcons for that. Lothar and Doomhammer did meet on the field of battle, but Lothar had the harder fight to reach Doomhammer than Doomhammer had to reach him, so it was far from fair.
>>
>>46262100
its still a shitty retcon.
Now if it were passed off as in universe propaganda that would be cool, but no, you gotta keep your orcs pure
>>
>>46262096
>The warcraft franchise was successful because WoW became a thing.

But it was WC3/WoW that put it on the map. Do you really fucking think there would be a Warcraft movie without WoW? Stop acting delusional.
>>
>>46262048
And WC2 laid the building block for WC3.
your point is as retarded as you.

yeah but you were just a kid while other people were already in college.
>>
>>46262125
So you admit that WoW is the most important piece of the franchiese instead of WC3.
so your point is stupid and invalid.

end of story.
>>
>>46262129

I don't think I denied that WC2 laid the building block for WC3, fucking retard. I only said that WC2 was not nearly as instrumental to the success of the Warcraft franchise as WC3/WoW.

Keep acting like a dumbass and INSISTING that WC2 played a bigger role in popularizing Warcraft than WC3/WoW. Really shows fucking stupid you are.
>>
>>46262143

No, you're fucking stupid. If you ACTUALLY READ my first post here: >>46258742

I said:
>"You realize that 99% of everything great about Warcraft is a result of WC3 and early WoW, right?"

Guess what? My original point has changed. THANK YOU for proving how fucking retarded you are. Good job on being a dumb fucking "oldfag."
>>
>>46262170

>My original post has never changed.*
>>
>>46262155
You already admitted that WoW is the most important in the franchise, and WC3 is merely the building block of WoW, itself is not the most important.
If WC3 is important because its a building block of WoW, then WC2 is even more important since its the building block for BOTH WC3 and WOW.
Therefore you broke your own point yourself. idiot.

How I love bashing retard kids who can't even understand basic logic.
>>
>>46262184

You are so fucking stupid, holy shit. MY ORIGINAL POST mentions that it's WC3-WoW: WotLK that put Warcraft on the map. You are SO FUCKING STUPID and it's hilarious because you think you're "owning a retarded kid" when, in fact, you're too fucking dumb to even read my original post and realize that my point has never changed. Absolutely dumb niggers. Haha, holy fuck.
>>
>>46262125
Its becoming a movie because WoW made the franchise popular. The most popular thing to come out of Warcraft 3 is DoTA.

World of Warcraft has become a cultural icon on par with the simpson, southpark, and the fucking OJ Simpson trials. Of course there is going to be a movie on a popular fantasy franchise.

>>46262155
WC3 is not nearly as instrumental to the franchise as you like to think retard. WoW has always been the heavyweight of the franchise which is why blizzard brushes across any fan questions about a wc4 because World of Warcraft, and Starcraft made Blizzard Entertainment a household name. Not Warcraft 3.
>>
>>46262100
nah. fuck em
>>
>>46262170
Except its not, they used massive information from WC2 in vanilla WoW and TBC. The entire eastern kingdom outlay is from WC2, not WC3.
So is everything south of Lordamere Lake and Dalaran.
as for expansions, TBC,Cata,WoD are all based heavily on WC1/2 knowledges.

Yes I can understand you are retarded, but you need to at least lie better.
>>
>>46262048
Warcraft III is also where Warcraft defined itself more. It twisted a fair amount of fantasy tropes and strengthened its identity from being just another generic fantasy setting. Which isn't to say that the first two games didn't have merit, just that Warcraft III is really brought the franchise out of its shell in terms of recognition.
>>
>>46262199

Except WC3 is as instrumental as I say it is. WoW is built off WC3 whereas much of the original WC2 was retconned FOR WC3. It was WC3 that made WoW possible, not WC2.

Warcraft 3 is the foundation that the Warcraft franchise was built on. Blizzard reinvented Warcraft with Warcraft 3 and carried on Warcraft 3's iteration of Warcraft forward into WoW.
>>
>>46262198
Your original post claims 99% of things in WoW came from WC3 and that's a blatant lie.
Tell me where did the eastern kingdom map come from again?

You are suck at lying, you can't think, you can't talk sense, you lack higher brain function in general.
That's just how retarded you are, mr.lying worthless piece of shit.
>>
>>46262228

Dude, this is what I've been saying the whole time.
>>
>>46262241
nope it is not, you are a lying retard and everyone already knows it.

WC3 made a few cool character and that's it. WoW is still heavily based on WC2 stuff.

Actually, thanks to BZ writers being a bunch of WC2 fanboys, most WC3 stuffs are actually getting wrote out of WoW.
So much for most defining, ha.
>>
>>46262228
nope it wasn't, it was considered inferior to SC through out RoC and TFT and had a drop of sales in comparison.

Its the custom maps that carried WC3 through the years, the lore and the game didn't work remotely as well.
>>
>>46262245

Yet again, you prove you have absolutely zero reading comprehension, holy fucking shit.

You can't even be BOTHERED to read my post and yet you're claiming I lack brain function.

You are seriously the dumbest faggot on here.

I DID NOT SAY that 99% of things in WoW came from WC3. READ MY POST AGAIN, YOU DUMB FUCKING ENGLISH-SECOND LANGUAGE NIGGER.

I said 99% of the things that made Warcraft GREAT are a result of Warcraft during the time periods of WC3-WotLK.

Fuck off with your retarded ass.
>>
>>46262255
>nope it is not, you are a lying retard and everyone already knows it.

>says the guy who doesn't even read posts before responding to them and blatantly makes up bullshit

fuck off, worthless trash
>>
>>46262241
Nearly all of the shit from Wc3 was thrown out for WoW. At most it referenced a few landmarks and the starting position for the horde and some of the alliance races. It threw out a lot of the lore things in wc3 for a fresh start.

>>46262271
No it didn't the things that made Wc3 great were retconned for WoW, and new lore kept being added every fucking expansion based off blizzard's lore changes via books. The Arthas of TFT was not the Arthas of WoTLK. The Illidan and Kael'Thas of TFT were not those of TBC.
>>
>>46262291

I can't be bothered to keep arguing with you dumb niggers. It's reached the point where you retards acknowledge I'm right but are moving the goalposts by insisting things from WC3 are not the things from WC3.

Mouth breathers.
>>
>>46262271
and again you are lying and trying to get out of actually answering my points.
so you resort into making baseless accusations, how original.

I read your every post and it hurts my brain because of how stupid you are.
I should get a medical compensation for even talking to you.

you claim that WoW use only WC3 as building block
So WC3 is great because they all came from WC3
And I am calling your bullshit because early WoW based largely on WC2 , not WC3.
And most of the WC3 stuff are actually retconned, including maps.

go die in hell you worthless piece of lying shit.
Your mom and dad should kill themselves for giving birth to such a dickless assface like you
>>
>>46262284
> make baseless accusation just to get out of actually responding to points

Why don't you kill urself first you lying shit?
>>
>>46262330

Learn how to read English, because you've made no points worth responding to and everything you're insisting I did is a big fucking lie because you don't know how to read.

Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>46262326
> can't answer people's point so just run away like the loser he is.

Seriouslly go kill your parent for making you then kill your self, resource waster of the world.
>>
>>46262343
yeah right, you can't even answer me how did WoW based on WC3 when they redrew the maps of WC3 in WoW.

run away like the piece of shit your mother made you to be.
>>
>>46262343
He is not wrong you dumb nigger. The EK is completely different from the end of WC3. Shit, a huge amount of Kalimdor is different from WC3 including the logging problems in ashenvale.
>>
>>46262345

>People acknowledge I'm right, have to resort saying things from WC3 aren't from WC3
>Resort to saying dumb shit like "everything in WoW is from WC2 not WC3"
>I should bother arguing with dumb niggers who've admitted I'm right but insist I'm not right

Yeah, no. You're stupid.
>>
>>46262364

Except he is.

I didn't claim that nothing from WC2 was used to build WoW. I NEVER claimed that. It's just him being a dumb fuck English second language retard who can't read and making up arguments that he thinks I'm making.

My only argument is that everything from the period of Warcraft 3 to WoW's WotLK expansion is what made the Warcraft franchise great and put it on the map. Nobody has actually managed to refute this. Instead, they're making up all sorts of bullshit arguments that I'm no longer going to waste my time responding to because no matter how much I argue with you mouth breathing niggers, you're going to keep not reading my posts in favor of making up arguments that I never made.

Please, seriously, kill yourselves for being so stupid.
>>
>>46262371
> claiming people saying he is right when he is not
> going around thinking he won
> can't answer why are the maps different

Please, kill yourself, really.
you are retarded, self-centered and shameless.
you deserve to die for the betterment of human race.
>>
>>46262371
You are objectively wrong in saying that WoW was influenced mostly by WC3.
You are right when you say that the brand of warcraft was the most famous from WC3 to WoTLK.
>>
>>46262395

>muh maps, muh maps

Why would I argue about something as inconsequential as fucking MAPS, you autist? That's the best you got. "THE MAPS ARE DIFFWENT." That's your counter-argument. It's fucking stupid and reeks of desperation. I'm not going to dignify such a retarded "rebuttal" with an argument.

Kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>46262394
You said 99% of the stuff are from WC3 and WoW
Then claim WC3 is better than WC2 because its the building block of WoW when it isn't
So I call your bullshit
Then you keep going in circle avoiding questions like" why did the maps got redraw?"
"why are the orcs back to being savages?'
"why are there more WoW expansion based on WC2 than WC3?"

then claiming that you are right when clearly you are retarded and wrong.
This is the digusting and shameless in the maximum.
Seriouslly, for the good of the mankind you should wipe your family out so genes like you do not continue to exist
>>
>>46262100
>>46262117
>>46262220
Whatever, I like Orgrim and Lothar actually having a physical fight with Lothar at a disadvantage after cutting through a bunch of Ogres.

>>46262255
>>46262284
He's right about Kosak and his worthless horde (hahaha) of WC2 fanboys shitting all over Warcraft 3.
>>
File: 1456547012623.png (296 KB, 879x219) Image search: [Google]
1456547012623.png
296 KB, 879x219
>people getting this riled up over fucking Warcraft lore of all things
>>
>>46262409
Because MAPS is resource that would be carried over "if it is the building block of the game"
But it didn't, mean while WC2's map stayed.
So much for WC3 being the building block of WoW.

Your main stratgey is using rage and "i am right "to avoid actually responding to any point.

you really think people won't catch your piece of shit strategy?
>>
>>46262398

Objectively wrong, huh.

So, what about Kalimdor? Illidan? Night Elves? The Scourge? The Burning Legion? Old Gods?

I mean, shit. I could keep going, but those right there were all introduced in WC3 are some of the most ICONIC pieces of the franchise.
>>
>>46262437
I enjoy writing long insults to attack white college kids who lacks higher brain function.

Its addictive, really.
>>
>>46262440

Nigger, what? I've been arguing about LORE and you faggots are trying to disprove me with maps. Like I said, you guys have mostly made up the argument that you think I'm making. So fucking weird.
>>
>>46262456

>i have no life and i'm so pathetic that i dedicate large portions of my time to insulting people online
>i'm too stupid to realize that i'm more retarded than the people i'm deriding

Absolute cringe.
>>
>>46262442
> Kalimdor

Complete revamped from WC3

> Illidan

Had almost no screen time or importance before Legion, which isn't launched yet.

> Night Elves

Almost complete absent from the story, which people have being bitching about for ages.

> The Scourge
1 expansion

> Burning Legion
Completely rewritten, including their history.

> Old Gods
Not introduced till WoW

Meanwhile everything from WC1 2 including Human Dwarf Gnome Orc Troll Elves are getting even more expansioned and screen time.
>>
>>46262409
The maps where the entire game world is based upon. changed immensely from wc3 to WoW. That is a significant change you retard. Blizzard literally changed your precious WC3's geography to fit WoW better.

>>46262442
>old gods
>literally one tentacle monster map means the deepest lore
>Kalimdor
And everything south of Orgrimmar was made up for WoW
>Illidan
Changed completely for WoW from WC3
>the scourge
The lich king might as well be a different character. The fact that there were fucking cities in Lordaeron even when arthas was carrying out his undeadification is another lore change.
>The legion
Vanilla dealt primarily with legion stragglers, and the legion was small fry until TBC where their lore got retconned AGAIN from your gold standard of warcraft 3.

>>46262437
sorry, there is no primarch thread online.
>>
>>46262462
WC3 Lores have being retconned even more

How is your Draenei? or Burning legion story? or WoTA? or Arthas's story? or Jaina's?
Actually, about every WC3 hero got at least part of their lore retconned.
>>
>>46262416
>"why are there more WoW expansion based on WC2 than WC3?"
Not between the glory days of Vanilla-Wrath.

Hell, WC3 "based" expansions. Wrath, Burning Crusade.
WC2 based Expansions Cata
WC1 based Expansions with a splash of WC2: WoD

MoP is fucky because Kosak's band of "ORCS SHOULD PILLAGE MORE" mongoloids were still writing the Garrosh plot and shitting all over WC3, however pandas THEMSELVES were introduced in WC3 and the expansion was set in their neck of the woods.

WC3: Two expansions with the highest sustained playerbase and half a point from MoP
WC2: 1.5-2 expansions with absolutely massive subloss
WC1: 0.5 Expansions with legendary subloss.

WC3 still seems to be winning.

>>46262482
>> Old Gods
>Not introduced till WoW
Uh, Arthas fights a chunk of Yogg in TFT.

>>46262440
THe maps were only edited slightly, the position of Alterac for example was retained from WC3 to WoW (Roughly) and the very existence of Kalimdor was as well, they just added more landmass to Kalimdor's south, rearranges a few names on the map (That were just loosely floating names with no precise dots) around Hyjal, Ashenvale, Winterspring etc) Durotar got flipped, though I suppose they could get away with claiming the direction the map made you THINK was north in Founding was actually south.
>>
>>46262473
> think finding people like himself to insult hard
> implying I am not just doing it when I see it

Retard like you is just pathetic.
>>
>>46262505
>Hell, WC3 "based" expansions. Wrath, Burning Crusade.
Yeah, because the first place the alliance go to once they enter the portal is Motherfucking honor hold. The Iconic fortress from Wc2. Meanwhile Wc3 didn't have any mention of the place whatsoever.
The allerian stronghold, another place filled with NPCs from Wc2
They had fucking Kurdan and Sky ree in SMV. And the characters from WC3 were completely redone so much that people rage about kael to this day.
>>
>>46262495
>>Kalimdor
>And everything south of Orgrimmar was made up for WoW
Theramore was in TFT, things south of theramore did change a lot (And they moved the final battle location of Founding Ch2 from south of Dustwallow to just south of Razor Hill. (Though you can justify that by saying that you actually did fly/boat back north after going offscreen on the south side of Dustwallow.

Remember WoW and WC3 were in production *at the same time*

They were doing promos with game magazines for the WoW pre-alpha before WC3 was even out of late-beta.

>>46262495
>Vanilla dealt primarily with legion stragglers, and the legion was small fry until TBC where their lore got retconned AGAIN from your gold standard of warcraft 3.
One sentence of Legion Lore.

>>46262495
>The lich king might as well be a different character. The fact that there were fucking cities in Lordaeron even when arthas was carrying out his undeadification is another lore change.
Ehwot? There were no full sized cities left unless you mean Dalaran, which is totally consistent with WC3 since the Resistance had partially retaken Dalaran back and were taking advantage of the division in the Scourge to push north before Garithos got Elfed.

There were two or three TOWNS in the south (Southshore, Hillsbrad, Strahnbrad, and Pyrewood/Ambermill maybe?) that had been left untaken.

And TFT *ALSO* mentions how the humans fleeing into the mountains could be impossible to track down, so people south of the Alterac mountains holding out a little longer as the Scourge tore itself in three is entirely feasible.
>>
>>46262505
Nope, TBC is WC2 based, every alliance hero there is a WC2, also the map lay out is kept from WC2:BtDP.
and vanilla is based on WC1/2 mostly as well
The only WC3 based expansion is WoTLK, and that's it.

I like how retarded you are.

It was called a nameless one and no lore were laid out for either it or faceless one
The first mention of Old gods is AQ event.
I love how retards didn't even play the game talking like they know something.

The maps were entirely revamped.
use the WC3 map on the WoW map and nothing would match, the stonetalon peak was replaced and mulgore is moved far west to where is was on the WC3 map.

Alterac is complete removed from its original spot, actulaly the entire north eastern kingdom is nothing alike their WC3 map.
there are maps out there, its easy for anyone with eyes to figure it out.

Stratholme was north of hearthglen for god' sake.
>>
>>46262482

>Complete revamped from WC3

Not as much as you're pretending. Durotar, the Barrens, Mulgore, Ashenvale, Hyjal, etc. All the iconic and important places from WC3's Kalimdor are in WoW and much the same compared to their WC3 iterations.

>Had almost no screen time or importance before Legion, which isn't launched yet.

Yet he was the "face" of TBC and his actions in WC3 are what resulted in the expansion of TBC coming into existence. Illidan played such a prominent role in Warcraft 3, that people begged Blizzard to bring him back for years. Now we have a SECOND expansion with him as the face.

>Almost complete absent from the story.

This is a gross exaggeration.

>1 expansion

The most popular and iconic expansion in WoW history. The objective height of WoW.

>Completely rewritten, including their history.

Not completely rewritten, though heavily revised, yes. Doesn't really matter. The Burning Legion was introduced in WC3 and is the all-time famous "bad guy" faction in Warcraft BECAUSE of WC3. Even if they have been heavily rewritten, the Burning Legion hasn't changed from "evil army of demons."

>Not introduced till WoW

Nope. There are Faceless Ones in Warcraft 3 and references to the Old Gods when Arthas and Anub'arak pass through Azjol-Nerub.

>Meanwhile everything from WC1 2 including Human Dwarf Gnome Orc Troll Elves are getting even more expansioned and screen time.
Dwarves? Gnomes? Screen time? Lmao. Orcs as we know them in Warcraft came from WC3. Shit, the orcs of WC1 and WC2 don't even look the same as the orcs of WC3 and onwards. Humans, I'll grant you. But humans will always get spotlight because they're humans and will continue to dominate the Alliance and soak up the Alliance spotlight.

Trolls were introduced in WC2, but they played a larger role in WC3 and WoW.

Night Elves are a Warcraft 3 thing, brah.
>>
>>46262566
If they were in production at the same time then WC3 cannot be the building block of WoW since they were made together.
Why do you keep smashing your own face?

you mean they changed what Eredar is, how Sargeras was corrupted, and how the legion's goal was changed as well?

Hearthglen and Tyr's Hand are both human cities that left untouched by scourge in the Plagueland.
Any one played Vanilla will know that, which you clearly didn't.

So apparently the guy claiming WC3 is da best never played WC3 or WoW, how original.
>>
>>46262604

You're arguing with two different people and confusing them for the same person, RETARD.

Kill yourself and your parents for giving birth to you, you cancerous faggot.
>>
>>46262566
>Ehwot? There were no full sized cities left unless you mean Dalaran, which is totally consistent with WC3 since the Resistance had partially retaken Dalaran back and were taking advantage of the division in the Scourge to push north before Garithos got Elfed.
what about tyr's hand? A city and a fortress held by the scarlet crusade? And what about the scarlet monastery? None of those were present during WC3. The last everyone knew of the silver hand was when the player slaughters them in the first mission.

Everything from quel'thalas to the alterac mountains was supposed to be filled to spoopy ghosts and shit. Not a half dead kingdom where there was still organized resistance - oh and not to mention living blood elves.

>Not as much as you're pretending. Durotar, the Barrens, Mulgore, Ashenvale, Hyjal, etc. All the iconic and important places from WC3's Kalimdor are in WoW and much the same compared to their WC3 iterations.

Yes, I too remember Ratchet in warcraft 3 when rexxar visits it.

The regions were present, and yet large parts of them were completely different from that of WoW. Like the fucking night elf port in the first mission of TFT which is simply not there in WoW.

>I love how retards didn't even play the game talking like they know something.

Alright. When did the offhand remark that there are other things apart from nerubians say that there were old gods present?
>>
>>46262559
>>46262574
True enough, but the hype build up to it was mostly shit about Illidan, the Legion, and the Bloodelves.

I will concede Honor Hold, Khadgar, and the Alliance expedition, plus the draenei retcons.

The Illidari were not so much retconned as merely character assassinated during the six years we don't see them.

I had an interesting thought.

The WC3 manual was actually split up among a dozen or so in-game books, that could actually be an excuse for the retcons by giving it an unreliable narrator.

Legion stuff having been tortured out of captive Demons, Cultists and Satyt and stuff.

>>46262604
>Hearthglen and Tyr's Hand are both human cities that left untouched by scourge in the Plagueland.
>Any one played Vanilla will know that, which you clearly didn't.
Tyr's hand's got the mountain defense, post mapshift Hearthglen does too, though you see it get pretty badly wrecked in WC3 before Arthas rushes off to Straholme and it's never seen again in TFT, so it's possible the Scarlets reached it before the Legion bothered with it or the scourge came back to it.

Since Hearhthglen WAS already depopulated in the "Wait for Uther" mission the Legion had no REASON to go knock down a bunch of empty buildings.

>>46262604
Two different people.
>>
>>46262635
>The regions were present, and yet large parts of them were completely different from that of WoW. Like the fucking night elf port in the first mission of TFT which is simply not there in WoW.
True, it was supposed to be north of Azshara but Blizzard cut most of Azshara for time, so they probably cut the port of Nendis (I have no idea why I remember that name, oh yeah I played the shit out of TFT and actually hoped that Nendis would be one of the launching points for players to go to the South Seas Expansion we're never ever EWVER going to get because programming ships is hard and exploring the oceans isn't HIGH STAKES DOOD enough for modern blizzard.
>>
>>46262577
> locations
The name is there but the location for everyone of them changed.
Mulgore was in southern barren in WC3, what a carry over!.

> Illidan
he was the "Claimed" face of TBC who had no screen time and not even was the final boss of the expansion.
people have being complaining about illidan having no story in TBC since it came out and its a exaggeration? how nice of you to lie like nothing.

> WoTLK
The objectly casual-friendly expansion that ruined the player base.

So its rewrote, just because you use a different word to describe won't make it untrue.

Faceless ones and nameless ones had no lore in WC3, there was no such thing as old gods.
Everything about them is made up after WoW.

Dwarves actually have more screen time than Elves thanks to how popular the race is.
Nope, orcs we have in WoW after TBC come from WC2. Thanks to Dave Kosak and his group of WC2 fanboy writers. your WC3 Orcs are long gone at this point.

Trolls were far more important in WC2 than in WC3.
They had an actual force and Zul'jin is still one of the most popular Warcraft character.

what about the eastern kingdom kind of elves? didn't want to address them?
>>
>>46262635
>Alright. When did the offhand remark that there are other things apart from nerubians say that there were old gods present?

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Forgotten_One_(Warcraft_III)
>>
>>46262639
>Tyr's hand's got the mountain defense, post mapshift Hearthglen does too, though you see it get pretty badly wrecked in WC3 before Arthas rushes off to Straholme and it's never seen again in TFT, so it's possible the Scarlets reached it before the Legion bothered with it or the scourge came back to it.
>Since Hearhthglen WAS already depopulated in the "Wait for Uther" mission the Legion had no REASON to go knock down a bunch of empty buildings.
so you are saying that Arthas was so busy destroying random civilians fleeing to dalaran that he allowed the scarlet crusade to take two cities in the middle of the plaguelands and control a harbor on the forbidding sea?
>>
>>46262615
woo running away like this is so original

Kill yourself and your parents for giving birth to you, you cancerous faggot.
>>
>>46262668
yes and the presence of this unit means that old gods were present during TFT but never expanded upon.
>>
>>46262639
Except it didn't deliver.
So the expansion is largely based on retconed draenei lore and WC2.

Both hearthglen and tyrs hand are full of people and scarlet crusaders yet you claim there's no city survived the scourge.
so you are lying and you are trying to use a excuse to cover it up?
>>
>>46262664
>Faceless ones and nameless ones had no lore in WC3, there was no such thing as old gods.
>Everything about them is made up after WoW.

The Ordering of Azeroth
Apparently unaware of Sargeras’ mission to undo their myriad works, the
T
itans continued to move from world to world, shaping and ordering them
as they saw fit. Along their journey they came across a small world that’s
inhabitants would later name Azeroth. As the Titans made their way across
the chaotic, primordial landscape, they encountered a number of hostile,
elemental beings. The elementals, worshipping a race of unfathomable evil
beings known only as the Old Gods, vowed to drive the Titans back and
keep their world inviolate from the invaders’ metallic touch.
The Pantheon, troubled by the Old Gods’ penchant for evil, sent their forces
to make war upon the elementals and their dark masters. Though the ele-
mentals fought and raged, their powers could not stop the mighty Titans. The
Pantheon shattered the Old Gods’ citadels and chained the five evil beings far
beneath the surface of the world. Without the Old Gods’ power to keep their
raging spirits bound to the physical world, the elementals dissipated and bled
back into the earth itself. With the elementals’ departure, nature calmed, and
the world settled into a peaceful harmony. The Titans, seeing that the threat
was contained, set to work.

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/Warcraft%20III%20Manual.pdf

Get fucked.
>>
>>46262700
and the faceless ones are never connected with the old gods. Now you will say that because the elemental lords were mentioned offhand in WC3 and were never present in the game, Cataclysm was based of WC3 as well.
>>
File: 1354117629906.jpg (57 KB, 188x220) Image search: [Google]
1354117629906.jpg
57 KB, 188x220
>>46262700

Fucking rekt.
>>
>gnome invent computers in wow
>gnomes have 8 fingers
>so their preferred counting system wouldn't be devided into tens but eights
>just like binary

It all makes too much sense.
>>
>>46262691
>Both hearthglen and tyrs hand are full of people and scarlet crusaders yet you claim there's no city survived the scourge.
>so you are lying and you are trying to use a excuse to cover it up?
>>46262671
>so you are saying that Arthas was so busy destroying random civilians fleeing to dalaran that he allowed the scarlet crusade to take two cities in the middle of the plaguelands and control a harbor on the forbidding sea?

Hearthglen was entirely depopulated when the people alkl turned undead and Arthas slaughtered them while waiting for Uther, the Legion had no reason to go back and smash empty buildings, and once the Alliance Resistance (And future Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn) pushed back into Lordaeron the Scourge had fallen into a three way internal war over the plaguelands and couldn't hold every location.

I am not sure how Tyr's hand was established, for all I know the Scarlets built the damn place post war or it was depopulated in a manner similar to Hearthglen and spared the full legion "Burn everything down" attack.
>>46262714
>Now you will say that because the elemental lords were mentioned offhand in WC3 and were never present in the game, Cataclysm was based of WC3 as well.
You said it, not me. (Though I don;t think that passage mentions the Elemental LORDS, so I won't reach and claim that since water elemental at the very least have been a thing since WC1)
>>
>>46262735
>Hearthglen was entirely depopulated when the people alkl turned undead and Arthas slaughtered them while waiting for Uther, the Legion had no reason to go back and smash empty buildings, and once the Alliance Resistance (And future Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn) pushed back into Lordaeron the Scourge had fallen into a three way internal war over the plaguelands and couldn't hold every location.
>I am not sure how Tyr's hand was established, for all I know the Scarlets built the damn place post war or it was depopulated in a manner similar to Hearthglen and spared the full legion "Burn everything down" attack.

Is this your conjecture? because you are using an awful lot of maybes and happenstances to convince yourself that blizzard based lordaeron on WC3.
Tyr's hand is mentioned in wc2 and never mentioned during warcraft 3
>>
>>46262816
It's a hodgepodge, but a lot of the continent got shifted around since WC2 and was generally closer to its WC3 map (Not completely though.)
>>
File: judging you.gif (499 KB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
judging you.gif
499 KB, 500x226
>128 posts
>15 posters
>95% of it is autists arguing about sense and continuity in Metzen's wankfest
And here I thought /tg/ was still better than /v/
>>
>>46263311
These threads have just turned into an extension of /v/.
At least there's no blue spess goat porn being posted.
Yet.
In this thread I mean.
>>
To be fair up until this thread there wasn't any major sperging out.

Were the Nerubians aware of what was going on in the south once they'd fled north? Like were they aware of the well of eternity, elves and BL ect or was it a case of they woke up one day and went ohh shit the world's broken apart?
>>
File: gerrig.jpg (65 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
gerrig.jpg
65 KB, 1280x800
>As you might know, I collect lore. Old lore. Powerful lore. Lore that opens doorways, and lore that can awaken Those Who Sleep.
>There are rumors of an old piece of lore, the Lorgalis Manuscript, at the bottom of Blackfathom Deeps in Ashenvale. That place is the old dwelling of long-dead elves. Elves who held great knowledge before their city fell to ruin.
>Search Blackfathom Deeps for the manuscript. Do this, and I will not forget it. Not even after ... the end days.

this guy is underutilized as hell, the man practically runs the Twilight's Hammer from a pawn shop in Ironforge. it's almost a relief bz forgot about him instead of ruining him.
>>
>>46263371
>At least there's no blue spess goat porn being posted.
Would still be better.
HORSECOCK
>>
>>46263467
I distinctly remember him and his quests. Creepy. What about that doomsayer guy south of Uldaman?
>>
>>46263467
I liked the Twilight's Hammer.

I sorta wanted to enjoy a more benign version of them somehow.

Still not really sure how.
>>
File: best banshee.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
best banshee.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
Did someone say people that did nothing wrong thread?
DEPLOY THE PLAGUE
>>
>>46263533
>In Cataclysm, Theldurin can still be found in the Badlands, but no longer insane and he tells adventurers a tale of him punching through earth elementals to reach and punch Deathwing (in his human form) in the face.

I think that really is the perfect description for Wow lore after cataclysm.
>>
So here's an idea:

Humans are devolved Vrykul, who're basically giant iron vikings. And also the close cousins to the earthen, who're predecessors to the dwarves.

So hypothetically, humans should also have some kind of stone-form, right? Especially if they somehow channeled Tyr's inspiring presence in their subconscious. An iron-skin of sorts, in fact - A silver-form to be honest! And its radiant metal skin not only protects from physical harm, but also diminishes the harm experienced from spells cast at them.

Also, due to Tyr's mark on their collective culture, they should be SO HEROIC that their taunt immediately gathers the attention of all surrounding enemies.

What I'm trying to say is: Let's make up exciting new TTRPG racials.
>>
>>46263716
That's pretty much just what Dwarfs have, but instead of Stone it's silver. It should be something different.

Perhaps divide it so we can have humans from stormwind and Lordaeron and (wherever else Humans are) to represent how different the places were.

Sidenote: Am I alone in constantly mixing up Vyrkul with Valkyr? The Lich Kings spooky angels of death.
>>
>>46264038
They're sylvies angels now mate.

But yes you're not alone there.
>>
>>46264038
Well its not like you're completely off base. Valkyr were Vrykul when they were alive, after all.
>>
>>46264061
Bolvar couldn't hold onto his shit? God damn harpy bitch.
>>46264062
Do all Vrykul turn into Valkyr on dying? Have Vikings been ressing me all these years?!
>>
>>46264087
In fairness to Bolvar, the ones who switched sides did so the same day he took over, they probably suspected that their new boss would be no better than their last one.

As for your question about Vrykul and Valkyr, in WotLK it was suggested that it was just another bit of necromancy that the LK was working, but I seem to remember something in Chronicles suggesting that Spirit Healers are renegade Valkyr who got stuffed in the spirit world for trying to resurrect too often. So originally, no; but as of right now it's been declared that yes, vikings have been ressing you all these years.
>>
>>46264087
I don't play wow and I only keep up with the lore in a vague where will it go from here fashion. So i'm likely not the best equipped to answer this but:

But from what I understand the Valkyr were created specifically by Arthas. If you were jo average Vrykul you got bog standard shambling horror unless you proved yourself to be reasonably competent then you got turned into a Deathknight if male or Valkyr if female. I think anyway.

Think the chronicle adds some more stuff about them though, not sure on that count.
>>
>>46264087
The short of it is that an almost-titan decided he wanted to have a personal army of the most formidable heroes. To do this he transformed a number of female Vrykul into Val'kyr, who would then carry the essence of those Vrykul who had fallen in valiant combat to a floating fortress in the sky. There's no written relation of dead Vrykul and replenishing the Val'kyr numbers.

So, there's no written record of Val'kyr replenishing their number.
>>
>>46264149
That is information from the Chronicles, by the way.
>>
>>46264181
I was about to say, isn't that also a dungeon in Legion?

>>46264129
Did Arthas have them enslaved?
>>
>>46265250
The Halls of Valor, yes.
>>
Has the shit-flinging stopped? Good.

>>46259899
The Tol Barad human mission for some reason. It'll always have a place in my heart.
>Reclaim Tol Barad
>Destroy Grim Batol

Also the human mission where you destroy Alterac.
>>
>>46259791
The Hand of Fate and Alone in the Dark.

...Don't look at me like that.
>>
Let's talk about our favorite characters!
>>
File: SummonOfRagnaros.png (1 MB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
SummonOfRagnaros.png
1 MB, 850x1100
>>46265901
If the answer isn't Dark Irons, you just might be wrong. But that's okay, as you can always correct yourself.
>>
>>46265901
Disregarding what WoD made of him (which is mostly nothing good): Kilrogg Deadeye

I just loved how he apparently was a more level-headed chieftain among the Horde's commanders when they assaulted Stormwind in the Fist War, but nevertheless inspired enough respect to not be discarded as an old weakling.

To this day I wonder what happened to him. The last written stuff I read about him was that he got captured and brought to the internment camps.

I just read up on him and apparently they developed a storyline where he died on Draenor, which is befitting the Kilrogg-trailer for WoD, but also kind of a disappointment because I think it's stupid that with him all "old Horde"-orcs of importance died.

I would have loved to have the clans meet and Drek'Thar being snarked at from an even older orc who as also more badass.
>>
>>46266156
Kilrogg was based. WoD killed his character.
If I remember right, he died when someone threw an axe at his head from a blind point caused by his lack of an eye.
On a side note; does tg thinks a simple system that uses just strength, Agility and inteligence as atributes could work? I am making a simple system to my group of boneheaded friends and an trying to make it akin to wc3 in design with both the rts spells and abilites and the vanilla wow ones.
>>
>>46266392
Hypothetically speaking, yes, you could. Going by DnD rules, you could basically resolve strength and constitution checks by rolling strength and resolve intelligence and wisdom checks with just intelligence. Agility takes care of dexterity if you're not going to go too far into the technicalities.

The only one kind of out of the roster would be charisma, because that would still be resolved by intelligence as it revolves aorund being suave, which is still a mental skill.

If you're just going for combat, charisma could easily be abandoned and if you still wanted morale-based tactics like intimidation, you could keep that as a separate skill based on intelligence that can be trained.
>>
Are the Ice powers of the DK's based around arcane like mages or is it elemental?
>>
>>46267159
the WC3 manual says something like "the icy winds of Northrend were bound to Ner'zhul's service by Kil'jaeden" so they're basically unwilling dark shaman when they use frost powers
>>
>>46267322
the first liches of the scourge, and their king, were all orcish shamans while alive as well
>>
>>46267382
wow DKs use runic magic though
>>
>>46267322
The blood magic is very similar to that practiced by the Bleeding Hollow, so I guess Ner'zhul utilized a lot of Orcish magics in the Scourge.

Though Kel'Thuzzad must've contributed some arcane knowledge to increase their strength.
>>
>>46267486
The DKs from WoW use runic and necromantic magic though.
>>
>>46268359
>>46267388
their frost powers are still derived from the Lich King's mastery over the elements of frost granted by Kil'jaeden
>>
>>46268457
nah. those are just runes
>>
File: tumblr_ni8met6XrY1u8vaino1_1280.jpg (621 KB, 1167x1608) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni8met6XrY1u8vaino1_1280.jpg
621 KB, 1167x1608
Best race or best race?
>>
>>46268569
Runes are just a tool.
>>
>>46268903
Who /DraeneiAreArrakkoaRetcon/ here?
>>
>>46268945
http://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Old_Wizard%27s_Almanac

Rune magic is something different and old lore had them as being a non corrupting source of magic.
>>
An Orc being pissed that his race is mostly made up of boneheads, retards, assholes and warmongers seems like a fun character idea, especially given the latest developments.
>>
File: NagaMyrmidonArt.jpg (210 KB, 800x583) Image search: [Google]
NagaMyrmidonArt.jpg
210 KB, 800x583
>>46268903
Wrong picture, anon.
>>
>>46268985
What the fuck
>>
>>46265924
Well the answer is clearly Kel'Thuzad. Hes got the whole package: sexy voice, hot lich body, good sense of humor, master of magic, excelent wingman- must I go on?
>>
File: warcraft 3 orc campaign.png (3 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
warcraft 3 orc campaign.png
3 MB, 1280x1024
>>46269035
It's been done.
>>
File: eYShS.jpg (145 KB, 886x800) Image search: [Google]
eYShS.jpg
145 KB, 886x800
>>46269048
Hmm you are wrong as well
>>
more lore about the Ironforge Senate or Stormwind's House of Nobles never because they have to focus on new continents and faction heroes instead of internal politics.
>>
File: HearthstoneDarkIronDwarvesDeck.png (155 KB, 233x470) Image search: [Google]
HearthstoneDarkIronDwarvesDeck.png
155 KB, 233x470
What applications do you see having your characters playing Hearthstone in character? Would your character have a themed deck, or would they be tryhards?
>>
>>46269049
One of the earliest threads had some attempts to re-retcon Draenei as a native species to Draenor instead of aliens crashlanding on the planet.

One of the brainstormed ideas was that Arakkoa were pre-mutation Draenei due to the Draenei being described to have lived in the mountains and certain physical similarities between mutated Draenei and Arakkoa.

I kinda liked that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>46269109
>not Amani
>>
>>46269091
I'd be up for that angle again.
>>
>>46269091
Whatever happened to that fan project to recreate Warcraft 3 in Starcraft 2's engine?
>>
>>46269196
>No fuzzy textures to imply mossy growth

Why did Blizzard forget this awesome detail?
>>
>>46269264
I think the moss is on their forearms.
>>
File: WarCraft_Metzen026b_zps9aa4da08.jpg (155 KB, 550x646) Image search: [Google]
WarCraft_Metzen026b_zps9aa4da08.jpg
155 KB, 550x646
>>46269319
Well, in the old fluff, Trolls grew moss all over their body, which is how they got their green/blue/purple color and mixed with a thin layer of very fine fur, kept them warm.
Blizz seems to have completely forgotten about that in regards to trolls and are going back to the very early idea of them being just green because the Orcs were green.
>>
>>46269413
Thought it was just Forest Trolls who were coverd with moss, with Jungle Trolls just being fuzzy. The latter at least has been dropped, since the new higher texture models show them clearly having bare skin and even before that pretty much all of the artwork completely forgot that detail.
>>
>>46269656
Yeah, this is fluff that predates Jungle and Frost trolls.
Which make it easy to see why it's been forgotten about.
>>
>>46266156
I still love WoD Kilrogg's attitude in his boss fight. Gotta respect a guy who responds to knowing he's going to die by seeing how many bodies he can stack up before he does.
>>
>>46269113
The Dark Iron dwarves having a strong senate that gets in the way of their Emperor, even while being enslaved by Ragnaros, is really interesting. It feels like the Ironforge dwarves are exaggerating their enslavement as a way of demonizing them as mere pawns of Evil.
>>
>>46270104
There's also the matter that senators would probably go out of their way to sabotage other senators so they can get ahead; or go on expeditions and make findings to raise their status, like Senator Galgann Firehammer in Uldaman.
>>
>>46269113
Any internal politics Alliance side would be a huge improvement over the what we currently have.
>>
>>46266156

He dies in the BtDP novel, fighting against Danath and Kurdran. He knocks Kurdran out and then Danath kills him. His last words are something about dying for the Horde.

Kilrogg was a badass. Dude was entrusted with invading Khaz Modan and his clan had conquered pretty much everything except Ironforge itself. By the time he'd died on Draenor, he'd served three Warchiefs: Blackhand, Orgrim, and Ner'zhul.

By the time of his death, I always imagine him looking like how Hannibal Barca must have looked when he returned to Carthage after his campaign in Europe: totally fucked up from war, weather, etc. Loads of scars and shit.
>>
>>46269109
I am not a furry but...
>>
>>46270821
I knew I should've bought that book and read it back when it was still on my mind, back when I was still absurdly hyped for the books.

If I read it now it'd feel so hollow.
>>
File: Draenor B.png (2 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Draenor B.png
2 MB, 1024x1024
Soon, I'll be able to use this son of a bitch. Got more locations to add, though.
>>
>>46258484
>keep the shitposting to a minimum.
Well this thread has objectively failed to meet this simple objective because of two assholes arguing with invisible internet people because they think they'll get a prize or actually change people's minds.

What a bunch of a fucking retards.
>>
>>46270975
Interesting.

What're your sources for this lay-out? All the pre-WoD Draenor maps I know only show that easter part with the Hellfire Peninsula
>>
>>46271025
My sources come from
>FUCK IT
But seriously, I was more or less in the same boat as you, but I've decided to improvise. Throwing out all the stuff past warcraft 2 means I can more or less freestyle the rest of it. I did get a bit lazy but then making maps is legitimately suffering.

Anyway, stuff to add:
>Draenei city-states to the west
>Arokka to the south
>Orc clan locations, ogre clan locations, mostly eastern and northern
>Sporelings, probably druids
>>
>>46271085
That actually looks really good. What technique did you use to do it? I'd love to be able to bring my maps up to that quality.
>>
File: saderan_tutorial_v103.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
saderan_tutorial_v103.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46271122
Pretty much followed this tutorial, source being http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=8086
Generally useful for mapmaking! Some of the tutorials are a little outdated, but it's helpful.
>>
>>46271085
You are doing the Red World proud.

Lok'Tar
>>
>>46266156
>>46266392
>>46270821

Rewatched the "Lords of war"-Trailer for Kilrogg.

I'm kinda bummed that he just threw his dad's corpse to the ground. He himself was sad that he had to murder his pa, why not honour the dead by seating him back onto the throne until he was done murdering some Arakkoa innawoods and came back?
>>
>>46271590

Dude has to emphasize that he's chieftain now.
>>
>>46271590
They should've given Ner'Zhul a trailer, although I guess his reputation as being wise and betrayed isn't badass enough for WoD hype.
>>
>>46272133
He is an important character, no doubt, but didn't he first become an active military leader at BtDP? He didn't really partake in the war against the Draenei as far as I'm aware, so he didn't count as a "lord of war" for as far as Maraad was concerned, who basically was the narrator and so the reason why there were actual trailers because Maraad had to deliver intelligence about the Horde leaders.

Of course, it's also largely a tool for the authors, so the whole point becomes moot and I'm just rambling to sound super clever.
>>
>>46272446
>He didn't really partake in the war against the Draenei as far as I'm aware,
he started it, and then was like "oh shit I fucked up" and sat out after he realized that the spirit who told him the draenei were plotting against the orcs was actually Kil'jaeden and not his dead wife
>>
I think we can all agree that Maraad had the best trailer.
>>
>>46272596
link>
>>
>>46272596
I know I'm enabling Dinduism, but I think Durotan had the best one.

But Mary did have loads of blue space goat booty which does undisputably put it in the top 3 of everything.
>>
>>46272629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6LIty6Uea4

>dat righteous paladin fury
>>
>>46272886
yeah. I saw that.

Now I want a racewar on the orcs
>>
>>46272886
I fucking love the crude crystal hammerhead.

I just wish the Draenei had had a more crude appearance to suit it instead of the superpolished everything that is their equipment.

Reminds me of that one discussion in an earlier thread where we fan-conned that the Draenei had absolutely nothing from their Homeworld save their dimensional ship that crashed on Draenor in the first place and basically had to rebuild and rediscover almost everything from scratch.

>YWN behold a battle of primal orcs and Tarzan Draenei as they fight eachother with sharpened sticks and crude knives and axes crafted from stone.
>YWN have a chronicle about how the oral records of the Draenei influence their craft and sciences and how it influences the orc tribes that trade with them
>TFW Blackrock Orcs becoming the leading craftsmen of the orcs because they're besties with Draenei, thus making their participation in the Draenei genocide all the more tragic will never be canon
>TFW Draenei connections being the reason the Blackhand-line became chieftain, but ultimately leading to the arrogant and over confident Blackhand the Pussydestroyer inheriting the title will never be canon
>TFW Draenei culture, being much more advanced, will never bleed into the orcish culture, leading to an ironic twist where the orcs cry out against "dem Draenei foreigners ain't from here!" but probably used two or three loanwords from Eredun in every sentence.
>>
>>46272886
I stopped playing during Cata and have never seen these trailers before. Just finished watching them, and they're really cool. The Orc leaders are savage badasses, but are still portrayed with traits and background you can sympathise with (although I question the whole Durotan flying into blind bloostlust part, because wasn't that supposed to be what drinking demon blood did to the Orcs?).
Yet apparently the expansion itself turned out really terrible.
>>
>>46273694
>I fucking love the crude crystal hammerhead.
the Hammer of the Naaru is one of the best designs of anything Blizzard ever came up with. It's a perfect mix of form and function with enough flash to be memorable but not so much that it's just gaudy
>>
>>46273843
I just wish your PC held the handle farther from the head. All that extra handle length ass to some weird clipping issues.
>>
>play WoD
>Orgrim's Doomhammer doesn't have bayonets on it
worst retcon Blizzard's ever written
>>
>>46273760
>Yet apparently the expansion itself turned out really terrible.
Pardo's fault, really. After over a decade working on Titan with nothing to show for it (they turned the assets for it into Overwatch) Pardo and his team were shifted back over to WoW halfway through the WoD development. Pardo essentially scrapped everything they'd built up to that point and had his people start working on it practically from scratch. as a result Blizz couldn't even launch the expansion with the full continent (Tanaan Jungle was supposed to be launch content). Then you add in the shitty writing (Warcraft would really be an all-around better setting if Kosak had been hit by a cement truck mid-Wrath before Blizz brought him on as quest designer for Cataclysm) and the dev team just having a debacle over fucking everything from flying implementation to the stat squish and they gave up on WoD as fast as they could to get to Legion.
>>
>>46273940
The Doomhammer didn't have a bayonett on top since Warcraft 3 and frankly, I'm glad for it. It was badass, but also kind of badly implemented.

If they made a clever and sleek redesign with the bayonett on top, I'd probably be all for it.
>>
>>46273760
Would've been cool to see the Shatt raid they originally planned, or the HFC raid with all of the warlords as the bosses. Now that would've been a damn good final tier.
>>
>>46273985
>and the dev team just having a debacle over fucking everything from flying implementation
>make flying easier and easier to get, to the point where druids get it completely free at 58
>WoD doesn't get it at all because Blizzard is too lazy to design the environments in Draenor around it, then they add it in later through an achievement that takes ages of grinding to get because fuck you for wanting a thing we trained you to believe was standard
>>
>>46269713
The moss is still in the novels and and referenced in-game.
>>
>>46272596

nah, it's a toss up between kargath and grom
>>
>>46263547
With the new lore concerning the origins of the Cult of Forgotten Shadow and the teachings it's based on, they would probably be your best bet.

The current lore has it based on the teachings of a bishop named Natalie Seline and it's no longer limited to just the Forsaken. Oh, and the new Shadow artifact comes with a book written by her, with flavor text saying that it was written with the help of the sapient old god claw Xal'Atath.
>>
>>46273760
>although I question the whole Durotan flying into blind bloostlust part, because wasn't that supposed to be what drinking demon blood did to the Orcs?

The blood fury is an evolved trait inherent to orcs. Probably developed to fight off ogres, giants, and all the #savage things of Draenor.

The demon blood just amplified it and made it so the orcs were experiencing their blood fury 24/7.
>>
>>46274155
it was hilarious to see the reactions when that one guy, Ian I think, finally gave that interview saying "no we're not going to add flying to WoD, and we're probably not going to add it to any xpac going forward either." Then two weeks later they backpedaled hard as fuck after the WoW forums disappeared under a mushroom cloud.
>>
File: Playable pls.jpg (409 KB, 792x1000) Image search: [Google]
Playable pls.jpg
409 KB, 792x1000
>>46269196
Wrong picture mate
>>
File: flying cars.jpg (249 KB, 700x1943) Image search: [Google]
flying cars.jpg
249 KB, 700x1943
>>46274639
>>46274155

I liked not having flying. Then again, I'm a Vanillafag who thought it was the worst thing ever.

I think getting it after a long achievement chain was the best compromise. It makes sure you see a lot of content, and forced people to cluster up for the World PvP fags.
>>
>>46264129
>>46265250
>>46265531
The Val'kyr Arthas created were fakes to get the Vrykul on his side.
>>
>>46274718
flying would have been cool if it was slower than ground travel AND you needed to run before takeoff.
>>
>>46274752
Well, Val'kyr are just a form of undead. His are probably 100% genuine Val'kyr, even if they weren't made by Odyn himself.
>>
>>46269258
Fully endorse4de by Blizzard and doing pretty well.

>>46269264
>>46269319
>>46269413
The models don;'t have enough resolution to do that, but they sorta haver slight fuzz visible on their forearms like he mentions.

>>46272446
>>46272513
I think they left him out because unlike the other chieftans who all had roughly similar histories MU and AU, his was totally different since his wife never died and the legion skipped strait to Gul'dan
>>
>>46268903

The whole arakkoa arc within WoD was one of the highlights for me. I enjoyed the entire story, and really wanted to get even more.

"I am the Talon King! I have come from beyond death to stem the iron tide!"

Got chills at that moment, and cemented my love for the Arakkoa as a race.
>>
>>46274697
POO IN LOO: the race
>>
>>46274718
World PvP is never coming back, and good fucking riddance you ganking bastard.
>>46274890
Oh, and speaking of Gul'dan. One of the acheaology artifacts is a mssive multibarbed fishing hook that says the Stormreavers were originally a normal clan that went extinct and Gul'dan took their name I guess because he wanted something ironic about how he cut his people off from the elements.
>>
>>46274965
Don't forget the badass retort though
>I'm Kargath Bladefist, and when I kill something it STAYS dead

Too bad they killed him off as literally the first boss in the expansion, and an easy one at that.
>>
>>46275002
They;re just MoP's Troggs or Gnolls, (whichever one they're not the Mountain Hozen are) I don't detect anything indian about them.
>>
File: suggestions_gank_on__by_zygot.jpg (257 KB, 1366x924) Image search: [Google]
suggestions_gank_on__by_zygot.jpg
257 KB, 1366x924
>>46275019
>World PvP is never coming back,

Tell that to Blizzard, so we can stop getting shit like Trasharon.
>>
>>46275075
It's a joke based on the fact they live in filth
>>
>>46274965
Playable Arakkoa on the Alliance when?
>>
>>46275075
They literally bathe in poop
>>
>>46275134
Trashran and that place in Northrend were just "Pop in any time" BGs.
>>
>>46275180
Well, more rotting flesh.
>>
>>46275180
That's the one filth-and T-Rex focused tribe on the Isle of Thunder.
>>
How would you have implemented PVP in WoD?

I think they should've had a whole large area dedicated to Ogre gladiator culture where people can just go to fucking town on one another. I mean, in the Roman Coliseum they reenacted naval battles and other epic encounters.
>>
>>46275328
A colliseum, definitely. Make it sort of like the brawler's guild, but players can actively participate with items to make it difficult for people in the arena, and even give them honor/conquest if they manage to fuck someone up, as a reward for just screwing things over.
>>
File: Prelim_Warlords_of_Draenor_map.png (1 MB, 1100x730) Image search: [Google]
Prelim_Warlords_of_Draenor_map.png
1 MB, 1100x730
>>46273985
Not to mention having to can one, possibly two, island zones. And losing Karabor as a capital city, even though THEY FINISHED FUCKING MODELING IT, WHY THE FUCK, GOD DAMN IT!

I actually enjoyed a lot of Warlords, as the questing was genuinely pretty good. The expansion is great at providing the player a lot of short term goals, so there's always something to do, but you get results earlier than after two weeks of dungeon grinding.

But my god. Tanaan is the most half-assed zone. The raids are okay, with some high and low points, but there's only three of them in the entire expansion. They canned SO MANY great ideas, and wound up hurting the shit that actually made it in, too.

I still don't think it's awful, but it's basically Unmet Potential: The Expansion.

At least they made the heirloom tab, though.
>>
>>46275493
rip in peace Faraholn
>>
>>46270975
>>46271085
>>46271187

Dude please keep us updated on your progress on this btw.
>>
>>46275616
Will do!

I do have some lore questions though, mostly because I am not finding many sources from warcraft 2, unless I decide to play it. Deahtwing was present on draenor when the alliance expedition landed there and started their campaign, right?
>>
>>46275884
Deathwing made a deal with the orcs and teron used him to steal shit from dalaran. And yes. Members of the black dragonflight were present
>>
>>46273985
>Pardo essentially scrapped everything they'd built up to that point and had his people start working on it practically from scratch
For what purpose?
>>
>>46275493
I wonder what the bottom left island was supposed to be. Some kind of Arrakoa raid?
>>
>>46276050
If I had to guess, probably something about how seniority takes place above everything else in a company like Blizz.
>>
>>46275493
>And losing Karabor as a capital city,
Yeah, Horde had Bladespire Citadel all modeled and filled out, too.
Fucking stupid that those were cut in favor of making people sit in their garrisons.
Also, no Farahlon.
And, no actually going into Shattrath.
>>
File: Why would you do that.gif (3 MB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
Why would you do that.gif
3 MB, 740x416
>>46276151
Bladespire looked awesome, too. And seeing pre-fucked Shattrath would've been even more awesome than seeing pre-explosion Auchindoun. And Auchindoun looked pretty good.

I'm not angry about Warlords of Draenor, but I am very, very sad.
>>
>>46276339
Man I remember all the hype thinking about how awesome walking in Karabor was going to be. Just imagine, the spiritual capital of the Draenei at it's prime. All those NPCs that were supposed to be playing harps and shit. They literally threw that all away and left it untextured.
>>
>>46275180
>>46275213
>>46275263
I think that was less about tee hee poopies (like post-Cata gnolls) and more of a komodo dragon theme. Not to mention their whole crazy vietcong schtick.

I actually really enjoyed their lore, even if Blizzard didn't do much with it. Something about an engineered slave race gone rogue and turning into a massive pain in the ass for their former masters, it just tickles me.
>>
>>46276445
so like orks but with poop?
>>
>>46276151
I have trouble understanding how old Shat became Outlands Shat. Which part of the city remained? Because 20~ years doesn't seem like enough time for a forest to completely reclaim half the city.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.