[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #756
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46240374
>>
No title? That's disappointing.
>>
>>46256905
Editionless Edition?
>>
>>46256932
Guess so?
>>
So batman vs Superman was pretty good.

So jumpers what else are you looking forward to?
>>
>>46257378
Really? I heard it got pretty bad reviews. /tv/ was going nuts about it.

I'm thinking of watching Kung Fu Panda 3 myself.
>>
>>46257415
Kung fu panda 3 was good. Not as good as the first two in my opinion, but good. Speaking of which, anyone know the ETA for the KFP jump?
>>
File: MOOOOOOOOOOOON.jpg (2 MB, 3298x2042) Image search: [Google]
MOOOOOOOOOOOON.jpg
2 MB, 3298x2042
>>46257378
The existential dread that comes with waiting for what exactly a sequel will do and how one will have to approach the material if an update is necessary, not to mention the very likely possibility of cliffhangering more series onto the next sequel of unknown release date.
>>
>>46257378
Girls und Panzer der film.
And also der jump.
>>
>>46257378
Basically everything to do with MCU.
Apparently there's a possibility for OPM to get a second season, so there's that.
Rick and Morty Season 3
RWBY Season 4
…A whole bunch of stuff I can't really think of right now.
>>
>>46257475
Megacorp was last seen defending whatever fiasco went down on SB re: the attempted replacement Babylon 5 jump so-I'd go with up for adoption.
>>
>>46257614
>Comes into Thread
>Sees this post

Oh well. See you guys next thread.
>>
>>46257614
Seriously? Damn, I was really looking forward to that. Ah well. So, Adarx or whatever again, or a different guy,
>>
>>46257673
I'm just telling it like it is.

There is no need to be upset.

>>46257583
>Rick and Morty Season 3

So. Anyone else more or less expecting Rick to have been the villain all along? Have to say so far I've seen little to convince me the Galactic Federation is actually evil. Even that sting op on Bird Person could be justified if you think of Rick as a potential one-man world ruiner.
>>
>>46257746
I'm pretty sure Rick has been obviously evil for a while now.
>>
>>46257817
Oh yeah, I mean like-maliciously evil, as opposed to being a callous prick who just sort of ruins everything around him because he doesn't care enough about collateral damage when he's partying or filling up his car or whatever.
>>
>>46257746
Hasn't Rick already been the villain all along? Seriously, though, I'm expecting it to be the case that the Galactic Federation are evil, but no more so than Rick. Rick and Morty is a show about everyone being colossal assholes to everyone else, it would be going against the theme for there to be such a thing as a "good" side.
>>
>>46257817
Didn't the first season have him fucking with the devil?
>>
>>46257857
Yes. Admittedly the Devil was an even bigger dick.
>>
>>46257846
Oh. Well that I'm not so sure about. I'm expecting them to bait us into thinking that and then go a different direction.
>>46257857
Yeah, actually. Can't get much more obvious than that.
>>
>>46257857
Well yeah, but to be fair it was literally the Devil.

>>46257852
That admittedly makes sense. Or, not even "evil" with both sides making solid points but the problem being taking their respective worldviews too far, and also being huge jerks about it.

Fuck, it's Shin Megami Tensei all over again.
>>
>>46257857
Might not have been The Devil with capitals, but certainly was a devil. Mr. Needful never actually said that he was The Devil, just confirmed he was some sort of demon. And he got his ass beaten down way too easily for him to be Big D himself, in my opinion.
>>
>>46257746
>Anyone else more or less expecting Rick to have been the villain all along?
I wasn't until you made that post, but now it makes perfect sense.

He's a pretty destructive guy, almost completely amoral, and has destroyed at least one Earth that we know of.

Although, I'm not sure if most of that stuff is how he's always been or if something broke inside him a while back and now he's just spiraling completely out of control.

He tried to kill himself when Unity dumped him. That's not a healthy reaction to a break up.

And if he's evil, then that implies Birdperson is also evil, since they're both fugitives for apparently the same reason. I find it hard to believe Birdperson's a bad guy.

So many questions, no answers.
>>
>>46257378
Easter. Several masses to sing, $100 an hour. Gotta love catholic services.
>>
>>46258217
>100 dollars an hour
Is that how much you're getting paid? Jesus. Eh? Eh?
>>
>>46258263
Yep. It'll pay my rent for two months in one day. Though the guy playing the organ will be making the most - people who can professionally play those big organs command the big bucks.
>>
>>46258347
Oh yeah? I'm actually kind of curious, do you know what he makes?
>>
>>46258468
250 a service, with eight services planned for sunday alone.
>>
>>46258542
No shit? Damn, wish I could pull that off. Kudos to that guy.
>>
>>46258594
You wanna make the really big dollars, be the guy who tunes the pipe organs. There's about three people alive on the continent who provide the service, and one of them is currently offering an apprenticeship that will take over his business that does most of the ones from Ohio to Florida.
>>
>>46258668
Huh, that's something to consider. Thanks Anon!
>>
>>46258668
Really? Is tuning an Organ really that difficult?
>>
File: images.jpe.jpg (15 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpe.jpg
15 KB, 259x194
>>46257852
I've assumed that prettymuch since the finale. I don't think the federation is "evil", but they ARE a huge world conglomerate that's basically absorbing everything. I could see how people would be opposed to that, even if they aren't doing anything really villainous. Rick himself seems to value his own independence pretty highly, doesn't like being told what to do, that kind of thing. The Federation is big and strong enough that they could force him to do things a certain way anyway. Seems like an obvious schism.

> Uh, Rick, is there anything you'd like to tell us about your relationship with this previously unknown galactic government?
> All the important points seem pretty clear, no? They think they control the galaxy, I disagree.
>>
Nasuverse magic is based on metaphysical channels in the soul.
People in worm don't have souls as it's a purely deterministic universe.
What happens if you use that one perk from ff6 to grant people in worm nasuverse magic? Do you also accidentally grant them a soul?
>>
>>46259295
>People in Worm don't have souls
Where do people get this from?
>>
>>46259390
Some commentary by Wildbow that everything in the universe is deterministic, apparently. In terms of souls, I think he actually didn't call it either way so much as say if they existed, they'd be irrelevant to the setting of Worm.
>>
>>46259411
Yeah, that's what I was going to say.
>>
>>46259390
It's a materialist universe. Consciousness does not exist separate from brains. While this does not in itself rule out the existence of souls, it does mean that they'd have to be something very different from how they're usually perceived. Some sort of extra-dimensional backup memory storage for the human brain, similar in some ways to the Entity shards themselves. It's not impossible, I suppose, if the Entities can evolve extra-dimensional consciousness there's no reason why Terrestrial life couldn't have and no one ever noticed because they can't formulate a method to test for it. That could actually be an interesting premise to work with.
>>
Devil Survivor question, of the drawback 'Bloodless Killer.'

The companion that dies - are they dead for good as in dead and gone? Or do they respawn post-jump?
>>
>>46259508
It's worth noting there's no real explanation for how the Entities grew so huge they ended up tunnelling in and out of parallel universes either. It's just something they "evolved" apparently. What the fuck did they eat on their planet?
>>
Devil Survivor question:

The drawback 'Bloodless Killer.' Does this indicate that, when it says Kudlak kills the companion, they're gone permanently? Or do they respawn post-jump?
>>
File: All kinds of gains.jpg (238 KB, 810x1013) Image search: [Google]
All kinds of gains.jpg
238 KB, 810x1013
>>46259627
>What the fuck did they eat on their planet?
>>
Name: Echo
Origin: Fallen Human

-Perks-
Summon Annoying Dog (Free)
Blessing of Toby Fox (-100CP)
Determination (Free)
ACT (-100CP)
MERCY (-200CP)
SAVE the World (-300CP)
Dimensional Device (-400CP)

-Magic-
Bullet Patterns (-50CP)
Weapon Magic (-200CP)

-Companions-
Sans (-300CP)

-Drawbacks-
I'm Not Ready to Let Go (+300CP)
The Taste is Indescribable (+200CP)
Absolutely No Moving! (+100CP)
Anime's real, Right?! (+50CP)

So, I hightail it out of Snowdin and into the forests immediately, because fuck if I'm endangering the chance of a Pacifist run. I make my base camp near the entrance to the ruins so I can keep an eye on the doors and San's shack while practicing my new bullet skills.

Eventually, my Empathy picks up someone new entering the underground. I wait around for a while practicing my bullet skills as much as possible till the Reset. After I notice it, I make my way towards Asgore and the castle as quickly and stealthily as possible.

Once there, I stow myself away in a supply closet and wait for Flowey/Asriel and Frisk to get their tiff over with. As soon as Empathy tells me it's over, I hop out, grab Frisk, and run for the hills.

By the time I've stopped running, we're at where this all started. There, I have a discussion with Frisk and the player where I do my best to convince them to stop. This...fails, so I commence Plan B: I engage Frisk in a fight.
>>
>>46259627
>What the fuck did they eat on their planet?
Everything. Then one of them figured out how to tunnel through dimensions to get to mirror Entity Homeworlds.
When they occupied every single Homeworld in every universe they cannibalized each other, with the only external energy coming from their sun.
Then one of them sacrificed itself to broadcast a message stating that they had to find a better way or face extinction.
When that one was eaten, they didn't use it's body just for fuel, they incorporated parts of it.
They repeated this process until only 2 composite Entities were left. By that time they were too big to fit on just one world and existed in numerous mirror worlds at once.

Then they started spreading through the universes more or less like the Entities we know and fear/hate.

I'm pretty sure this is accurate but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a while since I read Worm.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 992x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 992x725
DEMON SOULS (20)
--LOCATION--
Boletarian Palace
--ORIGIN--
Knight (900cp)
Male, 33yo
--PERKS--
•Soul Gathering
•Move Set
•Knight's Honor (750cp)
•Soulcraft (450cp)
•Simple Belief (350cp)
•Seventh Saint (-250cp)
--ITEMS--
•Starting Gear
•Firebomb (-300cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•Barred Entry (-200cp)
•Sudden Surprises (0cp)

What did I do to deserve this? What a depressing setting. Somehow I've landed myself in Demon Souls. I didn't realize this until I seen the giant dragon flying about and burning up a bridge. Also the fact that I was absorbing souls from all the assholes that were trying to ambush me. My entire trip here the enemies were constantly trying set up an ambush. It might've fooled me once, but doing it constantly, that's just rude.

Another thing that happened constantly, is that every door seems to be locked. Constantly having to try find keys, was pretty tiresome. Which is why I hanged out around the Nexus every chance I could. It was only place that wasn't hostile. While here I upgraded all my armor to +5, as well my weapon to +5. This way it'll hit way harder than it already has been, and I don't have to worry about it later on. The process of gathering the souls and the ingredients to effectively upgrade my armor was time consuming. It took a better part my stay here. Mostly because I was busy exploring, and resting in Nexus. I just hope my next trip is somewhere less depressing.
>>
>>46259509
>>46259631
The Companion does not respawn until the end of the Jump. Then again, you're only there for a week, 8 days max with drawback, so they wouldn't respawn anyway. After Jump, though, they're back.
>>
>>46259781
Oh fuck god damn it 4chan didn't show my first post so I tried it again. Sorry for spamming-

And thank you for answering the question.
>>
File: 1451619711823.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
1451619711823.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1060
Whats the deal with the Crisis on Infinite Crisis jump?
I heard talk of it a few threads ago but nothing since
>>
File: HUGE QUEST.jpg (333 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HUGE QUEST.jpg
333 KB, 1920x1080
>>46259758
I know Huge Quest is canon for Worm but that doesn't make it any less absurd
>>
>>46259801
No problem Anon. Bit of a warning, Kudlak may be hurt and even killed by something like Hamon, but you need the powder to make sure he STAYS dead.
>>
>>46259926
Wait, what?
>>
>>46259922
It's an end jump expansion to the regular DC jump.
>>
So if you jump Demon/Dark Souls, do you retain the ability absorb souls from things you kill?

If not, how are you intended to use the perks made for doing stuff with them?

If so, can you choose not to? Because I don't want to eat the souls of everyone who dies near me.
>>
File: Kresnik-concept.jpg (210 KB, 1027x1527) Image search: [Google]
Kresnik-concept.jpg
210 KB, 1027x1527
>>46259929
not that anon but, I'm still amused that Kresnik is basically totally-not-Belmont in design
>>
I recall someone did a very cool WIP of an SMT jump, has there been any progress on that?

>>46260021
I would assume it depends from world to world. Some places there's an afterlife in place for them to whizz off before you can grab them, some places they just kind of lie there, some places someone else comes to collect them and you may have to haggle a bit. Although if Aldia's boss fight is any indication you can't collect the souls of beings outside the natural cycle of life and death.

I would also assume you can choose to just put 'em back where you found 'em since you can give souls to be forged into weapons somehow, so logically you should also be able to put them down.
>>
>>46259961
Wildbow is really plauges alternate personality.
>>
>>46259984
Any updates on it or is it just in the initial concept stage
>>
>>46260101
Still in concept stage.
>>
>>46260082
I don't think you're using the souls themselves but like some the energy of the souls. However I could be wrong.
>>
>>46259746
You do realize Fallen Humans have to pay double price on magic, right?
>>
>>46260045
And the same can be said about Kudlak and Dracula. Even funnier when you realize that Kresnik and Kudlak have a similar history to the Belmonts and Dracula.
>>46260082
Last I checked he has the perks ironed out, but still needs items and drawbacks, both of which are barebones.
>>
>>46260177
Oh, cool. Can't wait, it looks super hype, especially the capstone booster stuff.
>>
File: SMT1 jumpchain 0.4.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SMT1 jumpchain 0.4.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46260082
Oh, hell.

What do y'all think of the new Demon Capstone?

>>46260177
Half-right. Biggest timesink are the Demon Races.
>>
>>46259758
>>46259926

While absurd this actually is a good example of how mentally odd Entities are.

No seriously the one that sacrificed itself message was basically "You need diversity and conflict for evolution".

Their response was to assimilate each other until their were only two left, cause a multiversal planetary explosion to travel into space and reproduce, and somehow arrange it so that their unlikely to actually encounter each other.

They didn't even pay attention to the messages implication until the host cycle started later on, and considering how they left their planet it's entirely possible that not all of them started a cycle like that.
>>
>>46260238
What did you do to the old one?
>>
>>46260288
Ah, sorry. Should have explained it to begin with.

I basically made the previous 100 CP Perk an innate, and lowered the price of the rest of tree, then added the new Capstone.
>>
>>46260238
>Capstone allows us to make Magatamas
AHAHAHAHA-
Hey, out of curiosity, I noticed in the notes you said demon power from this Jump gives the infamous tattoos, but what about other SMT jumps, like Bel from Devil Survivor?
>>
>>46260238
Oh, man, we can make our own bootleg Demi-Fiends? Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Maybe a little too awesome, since it can bestow any of your magical powers. It takes a long time for the beneficiary to gain the full effect and it seriously weakens you for months while you recharge, so one could argue that it's balanced. But it would let you serious buff your Companions. I don't know, what do other people think about this?
>>
>>46260238
I like it. Very much so.

It's a little unclear so-could you apply Demonic Infusion, Demonic fusion and the capstone-booster buffed Eight-Forked Drunkard's Shadow to Divine beings as well as demons? As in, create/splice/merge with them?
>>
>>46260351
I think it's fine considering I could use Magitek Mastery from FF6 to shove the magic powers of myself and anyone else into my companions in a mass-produced manner.
>>
>>46260351
I think, for the reasons you listed, it's fine since it's not like you can hand 'em out like party favors and it's a huge investment on your part. And you're not gonna be able to make a Nocturne-tier demifiend since the magatamas seem to scale with your powerlevel, and let's face it-Lucifer is freaking buff even by Jumper standards.
>>
>>46260360
I'm pretty sure that's the intent. "Divine" is just a species of demon, in the SMT cosmology. Almost every supernatural being is a demon, the ones that aren't are few and far between.
>>
>>46260238

I have a few questions about the upgraded versions of Demonic Infusion and The Eight-Forked Drunkards Shadow.

1. Demonic Infusion says you know how to make demon hybrids. Do the creations have the side effects of the upgraded version?

2. Is the ritual in The Eight-Forked Drunkards Shadow a one time thing, or can it be done multiple times?

3. Can the ritual in The Eight-Forked Drunkards Shadow be used on yourself?
>>
>>46260376
>>46260383
Fair enough points. And it is a pretty awesome perk just from a flavor perspective alone. I retract my worries.
>>
>>46260173
Huh?...Well shit.
>>
>>46260421
Besides, fighting Frisk wouldn't work anyway: They can flee, and when in canon has fighting them ever worked for anyone? You won't be able to convince them that way.
>>
So I'm trying to do some writefagging, and I'm to the Fate jump now, and I have a pretty good idea of the plot of my time period, but what I don't know is what Magecraft is really capable of.

All I've seen is the UBW anime, so I know it can scan things, make fake swords, shoot red balls of light from your finger, and store power in jewels to do shit. So what are some other interesting or impressive applications of it?
>>
>>46260495
Well it can make dickworms.
>>
Hmm, is it worth keeping Dimensional Devices?
>>
>>46260341
I want to say they do because the tattoos look awesome, but I kind of know nothing about Devil Survivor. Ask the DS jumpmaker.

>>46260360
Basically all magic beings are demons in SMT. It's just a question of how they are seen.

>>46260406
Well, the description isn't all flavor text, but with the numbers involved you'd need several billion subjects whose willpower and soul surpasses most anime protagonists to do it on purpose. If you're not trying to cause the same transformation as yours, no worries.

Only once for each person.

Yes.
>>
>>46260495
Watch Fate/Zero, and you have a few magus there. In particular Lancer's master has created something preeeetty feckin neat - essentially a living mercury shield.
>>
>>46260502
Huh. Well. That's interesting, but I'm not really interested because I can already do that.

Anything that isn't a very specific fetish?
>>
>>46260421
Also there's both a +600 point drawback cap and a 2 drawback limit.
>>
>>46260536
As the DS1 Jumpmaker, I'd say yes, though I'm more than a little bit concerned that someone will use this to produce an army of Bels with time, ESPECIALLY considering that they can achieve the full power, which is equal to that of SMT 2 YHVH. Is there anyway to work on that?
>>
>>46260602
I can just do that with FF6.
>>
>>46260550
Time manipulation, rune enchantments, generic elemental attacks, healing, and a whole slew of other things most likely.
>>
>>46260618
This concerns me even more. Alright, imagine this, Anon: You are essentially mass producing an army of beings who are equal to one universe's version of God. Even if you only give it to your companions, that's still a total of NINE God-like beings. You can see why this concerns me, yes? Maybe I should add some notes on this...
>>
>>46260676
No I don't. I think trying to nerf people's combos from OTHER jumps is infringing on other jumpmaker's rights and that you're too paranoid and controlling about what people do outside of your jump.
>>
>>46260602
Well, if it's a big issue, I can make the growth rate scale with how great the power you're giving is? The first thing that comes to mind is scaling it based on your Demon powers, but I'm not certain on how the powerlevels between SMT1 and SMT2 work out, so that might end up doing nothing.

>>46260676
Oooooor I won't have to do anything at all and just sort it out individually when other people point out the crazier results.
>>
>>46260696
Just don't do anything, it's really not your responsibility if someone combos things.
>>
>>46260602
I feel like you are overstating YHVH and friends a bit. I mean with the exception of Demi Fiend, kinda Abel, and arguably Flynn and Nanashi by the looks of FINAL (still waiting on an english version before making the jump cause of this to confirm it and YHVH's relevance in relation to the whole Great Will thing since that is apparently elaborated on in FINAL) most SMT protags are fairly ordinary doods, and in 1-2's case non magic using doods that can handle things just fine. I mean yeah the demon summoning probably helps but its kinda something to keep in mind. I kinda see SMT settings as skill based rather than power based if that makes any sense
>>
>>46260692
I can respect combos, Anon. But this is just a tad bit absurd, especially since there being more than one Bel overlord in-universe is impossible. Look, if it's really that big of a deal I'll drop it, but this is still something to consider here.
>>
>>46260752
>Absurd
I want you to look at all our late game jumpers, especially Mr. Universe ASA, and tell me this is absurd again. I want you to step back, and realize that it's not your responsibility to try and tell other jumpmakers how their perks work.

>>46260731
What's FINAL?
>>
>>46260731
Aleph wasn't really a non-magic using dood, considering he was a genetically engineered messiah. I agree that SMT is more skill based, but we're still talking about a being who canonically vaporizes Lucifer, the creator of Chaos himself, in one blow in Megami Tensei.
>>46260773
I'm not telling him how his perks work, I was expressing concerns about someone mass producing an in-universe rival to God. If he wants to keep it, that's his decision. Oh, and FINAL is the new sequel or something to SMT IV.
>>
File: Final.jpg (304 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Final.jpg
304 KB, 768x1024
>>46260773
Shin Megami Tensei 4 Final, a... mid sequel to Shin Megami Tensei 4 that takes an alternate route on the events of the other game involving Hindu and Celtic gods as core characters alongside your standard Judeochristan Law/Chaos, among other things.
>>
>>46260495

The short versions is that is cannot cause dimensional travel, allow souls to exist outside a body with a limitless energy supply, juggle history(a.k.a. taking an event and tossing it to someone else), and two more things.

The more complicated version is basically everything that can theoretically be done by current mundane means if time and resources are not an issue, basically everything any sufficiently large real world belief system thinks can be done including folklore and dead ones (for example female magi can use brooms for levitation), and some other weird stuff.

As for interesting and/or impressive applications. I like the following, but their probably not common.

1. Puppetry can be used to make some really impressive bio-constructs. For example someone made a two dimensional cat whose body is the hologram of a projector machine, but that can apparently violate stuff like geomentry to eat three dimensional stuff.

2. Another magus was able to remove peoples brains, keep them alive, and connect them to puppets. They were also able to somehow merge with a hotel complex allowing teleportation within the area it's in. The same magus also did space warping stuff like turn a section of space into the equivalent of a Mobius strip, and even had a spell that crushed a section of space.

3. Alchemy has a spell that lets you transfer your senses and perception to an object to experience things from it's point of view. A.k.a. You could for example 'transer' to the statue of liberty to see what it would see if it could see. Do note however that this is not the spell that lets you transfer your soul to a new body.

4. Reinforcement magic can be used to make things better at what their meant to do and/or increase the 'power' of their properites temporarily. Like making eyes see better, knife cut sharper, and increasing the nutritional value of food.

Otherwise it's basically real world occultism plus anime.
>>
>>46260847
Seems dumb to focus on another pantheon like that. Hindu pantheon a shit and Celtic gods are absolutely fucked against their power level.
>>
>>46260881
Odin shows up too, if that means anything.
>>
>>46260881
>Celtic gods are absolutely fucked against their power level.

>laughing_Dagda.jpg
>>
>>46260898
Germanic does a bit better and if you wanna be technical it's distantly related but man if Odin doesn't have the same level of anime shenanigans.

>>46260917
Hindu gods have literal planet busting nukes.
>>
File: hey kids, wanna kill god.png (6 MB, 1024x1622) Image search: [Google]
hey kids, wanna kill god.png
6 MB, 1024x1622
>>46260881
>Celtic gods are absolutely fucked against their power level.

I'll just, wait for the game to get translated for that one to get explained rather than spoil it now. Dagda's the Good God for a reason
>>
>>46260924
Odin DOES seem to have some crazy abilities and plot armor. Well, up till Ragnarok, that is. Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Surt because the one god who could fight him had to give away his weapon almost right before.
>>46260926
I STILL don't get how they made that work.
>>46260696
Do whatever you want, man. It's your jump, and just because I'm concerned doesn't mean you should HAVE to change your jump. Do whatever works best for you. Really, most Jumpers will probably have Bel late game anyway, so I should just bow out.
>>
>>46260924
To be fair Odin & his two brothers felled Ymir at the dawn of time, and Ymir's corpse was so huge it became the world after he died.

Odin just prefers to play trickster, take a managerial role and minmax rather than flaunt his powerlevels.
>>
>>46260875
Thanks.

So the female mages levitating on brooms thing...is that an innate trait all of them have?

And is it just that one thing they get from beliefs about witches? What about warts or the ability to turn people into frogs or something?
>>
>>46260602

>, ESPECIALLY considering that they can achieve the full power, which is equal to that of SMT 2 YHVH.

>>46260676

> Alright, imagine this, Anon: You are essentially mass producing an army of beings who are equal to one universe's version of God.

Is their actually any evidence that the King of Bel has this much power? Bel did kind of lose so badly that their existence was cut into several pieces, and apparently not enough remained for them to even be fused back together normally.

Sure Naoya wants a war against God, but nothing actually says that Abel (or whoever the King of Bel is) has a chance of winning. They do after all have the power of the guy that lost.

Sure Aleph proved YHVH can be killed, but that was only temporary.

>>46260831

> I agree that SMT is more skill based, but we're still talking about a being who canonically vaporizes Lucifer, the creator of Chaos himself, in one blow in Megami Tensei.

You mean he used one of those instant death sells that their are two different categories of and got results?
>>
>>46261026
There was an epilogue in the good Chaos route that boiled down to, IIRC, a postcard to Yuzu along the lines of "Got my demon army, busy kicking YHVH's ass, see you soon"

As a Doyalist bit of evidence, apparently Abel's maximum level cap is the same as YHVH's.
>>
>>46261005
>didn't Surt because the one god who could fight him had to give away his weapon almost right before.
There are a couple gods who lost their weapon. Freyr traded his away so he could romance a human woman and marry her, Tyr dropped his somewhere. I don't remember which fights Surtr.
>>
>>46261026
In the Evil Overlord ending, it's stated that Abel climbed into Heaven, and killed God. Good Overlord hints at this, stating that he was winning battles against him. As for the instant kills, if I remember right isn't Lucifer normally immune to those? Then again, the humans and he proceed to kick YHVH's ass in the Good ending, and the insta-kill is the Bad ending...
>>
>>46261005
>>46260831
>>46260752
>>46260676
Hey.

Can I get a sameface drawback in DDS?
>>
>>46261067
That would be Freyr who was SUPPOSED to kill him, but didn't have his weapon, so...
>>46261092
Huh? Yeah, sure Anon. Ah cripes, that reminds me that I forgot to do the same gender 'twin' companion option I was going to do.
>>
>>46260601
I think I have everything fixed now.

Name: Echo
Origin: Fallen Human

-Perks-
Summon Annoying Dog (Free)
Determination (Free)
ACT (-100CP)
MERCY (-200CP)
SAVE the World (-300CP)

-Magic-
Bullet Patterns (-100CP)
Weapon Magic (-400CP)

-Companions-
Sans (-300CP)

-Drawbacks-
I'm Not Ready to Let Go (+300CP)
The Taste is Indescribable (+100CP)
>>
>>46261020

Nasu didn't do into much detail, but basically 'Black Magic' beliefs (the system the broom levitation was classified under) is a valid magic system.

However the only other detailed magic effect is getting magic energy from pain.

>And is it just that one thing they get from beliefs about witches? What about warts or the ability to turn people into frogs or something?

Probably for the warts and a lot of other stuff. Although while they can probably trap someone's senses/perception (or and I forgot but technically also their mind) in a frog until their body dies, but actually transforming them probably violates the rule(although it's technically more of a guideline) of 'it must be theoretically possible to do this using current mundane methods if you have infinite time and resources unless the plot says otherwise.

Oh also speaking of turning people into animals I remembered two interesting things I forgot.

The first requires some detail. Magi can make familiars by basically taking a dead animal, repairing it's body, and creating a magic link that turns them into a bioconstruct powered by the magi. Alternate types are also available.

Anyway there was a magi who made a shape shifting catgirl familiar by using the above process on a dead cat, and then basically attached the remains of the soul of a dead girl to it to get a new magic powered life form.

There's also a rare type of super powerful spirit called a guardian spirit which is made using a similar process. Basically you find a nature spirit bound to an area or object, then you toss a human soul into it, and you eventually get a hybrid entity with the power of a nature spirit a human point of view and a lot of power.
>>
>>46261085
I just looked it up, and yes, he's immune to insta-kills here too. So there's no excuse except for Cutscene power to the max.
>>
In Mahou Sensei Negima, for a custom artifact idea, could I have something like the Hero of a Thousand Faces, but instead is only able to take the form of mundane instruments (including any new ones I might encounter while traveling)?
>>
>>46261171
How the fuck does modern science have the capacity to move souls between bodies and warp space anyhow?
>>
>>46261171
>Anyway there was a magi who made a shape shifting catgirl familiar by using the above process on a dead cat, and then basically attached the remains of the soul of a dead girl to it to get a new magic powered life form.
This seems morally dubious.
>>
>>46261158
Build ruining anon, Fallen Human has a 200 point origin cost, and is the only one in the Jump to have one at all, in fact.
>>
Just how mechanical are Angelroids?
>>
>>46261233
The Jump refers to them as bio-mechanical, so I assume something like either cyborgs or techno-organics.
>>
>>46261233
From what I can tell, about as mechanical as Casshern or some of the higher end Mega Men-like MMZ, perhaps.

That is, visually indistinguishable from humans apart from bits like mechanical wings and blasters and internally some sort of clarktech wet dream where flesh and metal integrate seamlessly to the point it's hard to tell where one begins and the other ends.
>>
>>46261065
>>46261085

Is this actually dead, or 'has to regenerate and probably cursed you for longer than the universes lifespan dead'?

>>46261085
>>46261189

I'm actually not sure if the game stats are a good argument or not. On one hand Lucifer being immune would make sense, but on the other unless I'm misremembering most bosses are immune to instant death attacks even if the non boss variant is not.

Also Megami Tensei YHVH seems like they might be stronger than Shin Megami Tensei YHVH.

Shin Megami Tensei 2 YHVH's 'dying' speech is about how he will be recreated as long as humanity believes in him.

Meanwhile in Megami Tensei his goal is exterminating humanity, and his 'dying' speech unless I'm misremembering was that he was an avatar of the Great Will that ruled infinite universes and that it would just remake him.
>>
>>46261335

Meant to quote this>>46261187, but accidentally misquoted.
>>
So, this is the first time I've been in these threads, and I just filled out the Pokemon Trainer CYOA. Am I supposed to post my build, or writefag something up, or just keep it to my self in shame or what?
>>
>>46261390
You can do all 3! Or just one. It's up to you, man.
>>
>>46261390
Yes
>>
>>46261390
Feel free to post your builds and write whatever amount you are comfortable with. Remember to read the How to Jumpchain in the OP.
>>
>>46261335
It's never clarified, but they did mention taking worlds, implying Abel was going to other universes to kill the other aspects as well. As for the two YHVH's, they're the same: True, it's human belief that brings its' aspects back, but the Great Will itself is mentioned in Nocturne, with Kagatsuchi being another one of its' aspects. And considering it uses the things to create and destroy millions of different universes in order to find a way to eliminate free will forever...
>>
>>46261262
>>46261289
Well it's an important distinction. If they're like ZX or Legends (still waiting on that) then yes, they're basically so similar it doesn't matter, but if they're like X or Z then they'd probably still count as entirely mechanical.
>>
File: but-why.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
but-why.gif
4 MB, 581x327
Starting from 0, and taking no drawbacks, what's the most powerful someone could become within three jumps?
>>
>>46261425
>create and destroy millions of different universes in order to find a way to eliminate free will forever...

So SMT YHVH is basically a more extreme Anti-Spiral? What happened in Devil Survivors that apparently made him a comparitively nicer guy?
>>
Well alright then

Pokemon Trainer CYOA

Region:
>ORRE (rolled 7)

Identity:
>Age- 17 (rolled 8+9)
>Gender- Male (free)
>History- Drop in (free)

Starter:
>Eevee (free)

Skills & Abilities:
>Blend in (150 with discount)

Gear:
>50K Pokedollars- x10 (500)
>Motorcycle (100) [I remember the kid in xp had that scooter thing, and I figure I'm getting no where without something similar.]
>Rebreather (50)
>Medical Kit (50)
>Collapsible Baton (50)
>Flak Jacket (100) [I don't remember much about xp, but I remember Orre is a less than stellar place to live]

Flaws & Future:
>Flaws- N/A
>Future- The Next Adventure

I guess I could probably writefag something, but that would take longer.
>>
>>46261433
To be honest I don't know Mega Man that well but it sounds like ZX/Legends is what I was more thinking of.

>>46261434
Pokemon>PMD>DBZ

Because then you become an Oldwalker.
>>
>>46261195

I have no clue. Like I said it's a vague guideline that gets broken if the plot says otherwise.

For example I'm fairly certain modern scence does not allow for clones so realistic they literally become you if you die.

Even with infinite money and time that seems really unlikely.

>>46261213

Most magi are kind of really bad at this whole morality thing. Probably a side effect of their society being based around a premise that can be summarized as "Hey guys our attempts to break out of reality to steal enlightenment are making it harder to do so. So let's hide so we have less competition, our powers last longer, and then continue fighting over the dwindling paths out of the universe'.

Although the Nasuverse actually has multiple types of ghosts, and not all of them are the original soul. For example there's a type of ghost that's literally discarded spirit stuff that clumped together with a mind consisting of nothing but the will to live, and that naturally tries possessing stuff.

So it's possible it was a particularly stable pile of soul stuff that fell off when the soul was going to reincarnate.

It's noted that the creation and the girl aren't the same person, but I'm not sure if that's in the reincarnation sense or some other sense.

Although other than some mental quirks and the disadvantage of needing magical energy the shape shifting catgirl familiar turned out to be fine beyond refusing to recharge its magical energy supply on its own.
>>
>>46261437
YHVH is worse, actually: Anti-Spiral does it to protect reality, the Great Will does it because he's an arrogant dick who wants to force everyone to worship him forever. As for Devil Survivor? Either that's one of his much nicer aspects(still can be a bit ruthless, even if he DOES have some justification), or the theory that DS1 God IS God, and Administrator Errai is the YHVH in the SMT mainline holds some weight after all.
>>
File: 1277700776994.jpg (84 KB, 640x567) Image search: [Google]
1277700776994.jpg
84 KB, 640x567
Eeeeeh. Fuck it, more builds.

(Once Upon A Time)
-Background: Villain (900CP) -Oooooooh well this will be something.
-Race: Human (Free) -Boring, but effective.
-Magic (300CP) -AAAAAALL THE MAGIC EVER.
-Charming Good Looks (200CP) -I'm gonna look FABULOUS.
-Evil Laugh (Free) -Sometimes it's good to laugh. It's cleaning.
-Villainous Charms (100CP) (Discount) -I LOVE the idea of danger being an alluring trait.
-Black-Hearted Bastard (-100CP) (Discount) -Uh... hello? Demon? Kind of a trait.
-Green With Envy (0CP) (Anger Issues)
Dice Rolls: Free Choice (New York City), 23 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Not gonna lie. I didn't think I'd go Villain. But nothing says I can't have a change in heart or be a villain to OTHER villains. Everyone is the hero of their own story after all, so those who oppose the 'hero' would obviously be a villain, right?

...r-right?

Look, I like the idea of a predatory allurement. There was the right perks and it's nothing dickish like 'murder ten newborns for power' like some retard action. I was weak.
>>
>>46261456
Basically, robots start from entirely mechanical with advanced but just shy of true sapience AI, that commonly have artificial human-like faces.

X is very similar, it's mostly just an improvement on all fronts. The AI are truly sapient with free will, the parts of them that mimic humans look more real and are generally more extensive.

Z is where things start to really advanced. Here is when the weapons tech and such is advanced enough that the robots can be fit into what's basically an entirely convincing human body. From the outside, you can't tell unless they're intentionally built so you can. They don't have human requirements or anything, and inside it's still all mechanical.

ZX is where the line blurs. The tech has progressed to the point where you can't tell a robot from a human, inside or out, because both are made up mostly of organic or organic-mimicking body parts with some mechanical cyborg bits. The only way you can tell someone is a Reploid is because the government requires them to get a forehead tattoo. Only real difference is that Reploids are still immortal naturally, the government just forces them to be programmed with an expiration date.

Legends is where humans are extinct and everyone is actually just a human-mimicking robot so advanced that you can only tell by examining the genetic structure of their cells. They're even capable of breeding and have natural lifespans. Only differences are that their bodies readily integrate prosthetic much easier and they can handle poor air quality better.
>>
>>46261517
Goodness Red, you and your ego.
>>46261433
>Still waiting on Legends
Your sheer optimism genuinely made me smile. I hope your wait bears fruit.
>>
>>46261492
Considering in SMT 4: Final it was explained YHVH apparently went mad because he was the only one of his kind (so kind of like the God from Preacher, hah) he started to see literally everything ever as being beneath him, I'm going with the nicer aspect theory until proven otherwise. They might be mutually inclusive of course; Administrator Errai takes power, neglects to create a Sword for some reason unless Lucifer used to be his version of one-and Metatron therefore his replacement, goes made from the isolation, starts exterminating/demonising the pagan deities/locking out the angels' free will and so forth.
>>
>>46261434
Worm (Various Fantastic Powers, Should Probably Take PTV to Survive and Suceed) or Mushoku Tensei (Soft Cap on Magic Growth), Touhou (Various Bullshit Powers, Good Gift for Post Spark), then your choice of Tenchi Muyo (Various Clarktech, Two Jumps in One, Endgame a Free Broken Power if you go for Endgame), Gurren Lagann (Giant Robots, Endgame Scenario, No Cap on Spiral Power if you go for Endgame). Congratulations if all went improbably perfectly, you are now possibly a Planeswalker with an Oldspark, the full PTV, boundary manipulation, perfect immortality, and more spiral power than you know what to do with. I hope you enjoyed your 30ish Year Vacation.
>>
>>46261594
>SMT IV: FINAL
Considering that game also made the Great Will good when we know for a fact that it's a collossal dick I have my doubts. Nicer aspect is entirely possible, though, and the theory with Errai and Sword!Lucifer intrigues me.
>>
File: 1263425908419.jpg (8 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
1263425908419.jpg
8 KB, 400x273
>>46261589
>Goodness Red, you and your vanity.
Fixed that for you.

EITHER WAY ANOTHER BUILD.

(Ring of Red)
-Background: Mechanic (900CP) -I fix shit up and I make it get a move on!
-Consummate Knowledge (Free) -I gotta learn how to fix up the AFW after all.
-Swiss Army Engineer (600CP) (Discount) -I also need to know how to MAKE them.
-AFW (0CP) -I'm gonna get the Truly Experimental Model. Only the best.
Dice Rolls: Free Choice (Cuba, April 17, 1961), 30 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

It's... what is this. What's going on. What's happening. Why the fuck are we fighting Cuba. Why the fuck are we invading. WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE.

Fine, you know what? Gonna modify the shit out of it. Then cannibalize it for parts afterwards to throw onto the Sinanju. Because WHY NOT, WHAT COULD GO WRONG WITH A MAGITECH MECH. ...Magimech? Is that a word? I don't know if that's a word. Point is the jump says it's gonna be a long and bloody conflict. Let's try to make it bloodless instead. Then... I don't know. Maybe turn Cuba into a nice luxury island with a booming economy?
>>
>>46261633
I was thinking it was something like Exalted Primordials, except if they had as many Joutens as Third Circle Souls. The "Great Will" aspect of YHVH is an intolerant, demanding hardass who believes in tough love but ultimately wants a world like Amane Route's epilogue. The "YHVH" aspect is a very, very large aspect that also happens to be a megalomaniacal cunt who wants to control everything ever forever. So what's actually happening is the Great Will is having an internal conflict, and part of it is helping the protags because it's arguing with itself and this is a respawning multiversal cosmic being's version of a counterargument to FUCK YO FREE WILL.

Also-pfft, YHVH Space. Sounds like that aspect's been comparing notes with the Anti-Spiral.
>>
>>46261488
>the shape shifting catgirl familiar turned out to be fine beyond refusing to recharge its magical energy supply on its own.
Let me guess, so her master would have to sleep with her?
>>
>>46261697
That...Actually makes sense. DS1!God not only protected free will when he didn't have too, but takes your side on any route that doesn't involve you being a selfish asshat. Hell, he even gives the equivalent of a "Alright, let's take this outside, I don't want to damage your place" in the Good Overlord ending where both He and Metatron actually respect Abel and his decision to still be a good person even if he IS rebelling. This, combined with the fact that one scene in Amane's 8th day involves a demon willingly rescuing a child and the angels actually starting to be less of a bunch of self righteous dicks...Huh.
>>
>>46261744
A split personality that bad makes me feel bad for him.
>>
>>46261425

Noctune's apocalypse was designed to leave some humans alive.

I'll admit I'm going off of stuff I read, but Megami Tensei YHVH gives no implication that it needs humanity to revive.

Also the Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 games are basically lighter remakes of the Megami Tensei games.

Megami Tensei 2 - YHVH orders a demon to cause a nuclear war and turn the earth into a demonic wasteland with the intent of exterminating humanity, and you then eventually go to where he is and either fight him or accept a deal. If you fight him and win he claims he will return, implying that despite the demons leaving victory is only temporary. However if you accept the deal he turns you and the heroine into gods and the demons continue to rampage.

SMT 1 and 2 has YHVH cause a nuclear war to gain control of the world, has him get killed, and his dying speech has him reveal how he would return which also technically reveals how to kill him for good.

Which seems to imply a possible retcon.

Although if all of the early stuff is still canon and consider reachable your really incapable of not having everyone be overpowered. For example in the second Digtal Devil Story novel (A.k.a. the series the entire franchise is based on) Seth's plan to fully incarnate into its true body includes 'Use the reincarnation of Izanami to fuse the human and demon world'. A satellite ends up being used instead somehow, but Seth a not that important on its own demon was still literally working on a plan to merge dimensions just for the purpose of fully incarnating.
>>
>>46261744
It's also interesting even though He spends SMT2 being an utter douchenozzle, He didn't approve of the archangels' caste system. Admittedly probably at least partly because it involved an artificial YHVH (that faker!) but then in SMT 3 (I think) it's brought up he used to actually let people have free will, but something happened to him that changed his mind.

>>46261772
I think one of the devs said ages ago YHVH being a ass in SMT2 was actually symptomatic of a huge fault in reality so-one interpretation could be the poor bugger was hurting in ways nobody can really comprehend and is basically lashing out to prevent himself from ever being hurt again.
>>
>>46261805
I'm glad they removed the rape when adapting Digital Devil Story.
>>
A weekly reminder that Elves are only useful for murdering or slaves.
>>
>>46261772
And now I'm imagining his reaction to the other aspect/s. That actually suck, to be the token good teammate in a large array of assholes.
>>46261805
That's because he wants humans to worship him. In Megami Tensei 1 and 2, he already performed the rapture, so he didn't NEED humans any more: He already had worshippers.
As for the fight between the heroes and YHVH in Megami Tensei and the between Aleph and Hiroko in SMT 2, keep in mind that the former are mere humans, and the latter was a genetically engineered Messiah and the woman who gave birth to him. I do agree that the books are ridiculous though.
>>46261842
He didn't like the caste system in SMT IV either. Say what you will about him, but He wants all humans to be equal, under Him. Also, yeah, supposedly there is a glitch in reality that made Him like this. Which brings back the Errai theory, considering the end of Record Breaker...
>>
>>46261861
True statement.
>>
>>46261706

Actually it started way before that. Basically Len got an odd idea that sapient familiars should pretend to not be people-ish.

This consists entirely of refusing to talk 99.9% and the time and instead using the more difficult non-verbal communication, and not gathering magic energy on her own even though she can.

Len's been like this for the entire time she's been in staying at Arcs place, and Arcuied doesn't quality as a potential master she get energy from at all do to metaphysics.
>>
>>46261861
Yes, is good ancient /tg/ meme, please repeat more.
>>
>>46261880
Ancient fact.
>>
File: elfbard.jpg (112 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
elfbard.jpg
112 KB, 640x960
>>46261861
But anon, what if you're an elf too?

Isn't that what happens when you let the faeries take you? You become one?

Think about just what our mutual friend might be.
>>
>>46261890
Please don't confuse the memer. He might short-circuit his brain.
>>
>>46261890
There's nowhere near enough rape and candelabras for her to be a fae.
>>
>>46261876
So she's just a weirdy.
>>
>>46261940
Goddamn everyone important in the Nasuverse is a weirdy because Nasu abhors consistency

>>46261929
No, you see-the clever ones look pure and innocent in the streets, and keep the candelabras hidden in the sheets until they've tricked you into letting down your guard.
>>
File: evil grin.gif (998 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
evil grin.gif
998 KB, 500x240
>>46261929
>candelabras

What about all of those myriad faces you wear? She sewed you into each of those skins, dressed you in all of those costumes. Men, beasts, spirits, machines - you've even been an entire brand of cereal once, haven't you? All used for her entertainment.

>rape

Well, if you count the mind. Knowledge, experience, skills, all downloaded in an instant. All overwhelming you, amplifying bits and pieces and tamping others down. Even entirely new lives and identities, if you've been taking backgrounds.

At the end of the day... who are you? What are you?

That is a silly question. You are Hers. We all are, and that's all that matters. Do you deny that? Do you think you had a choice?

That's how she gets you. That's how she got everyone. The easiest way to make a lovely little plaything out of someone...

IS TO MAKE THEM THINK IT WAS THEIR IDEA.
>>
>>46261983
>you've even been an entire brand of cereal once,
Nah I went Drop-in in that one. Even if you had given me points I'd never have a history in that setting.
>>
>>46261633
>>46261697
>>46261744
>>46261772

This is actually canon. YHVH and by proxy the Great Will have aspects that conflict with each other, some of which to the point they get discarded.

One of these aspects is Lucifer himself according to his own words as the end of the SMT Chaos route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0WZQRI-5s

>>46261871

>That's because he wants humans to worship him. In Megami Tensei 1 and 2, he already performed the rapture, so he didn't NEED humans any more: He already had worshippers.

So basically YHVH doesn't need the humans to be alive to use them?

>As for the fight between the heroes and YHVH in Megami Tensei and the between Aleph and Hiroko in SMT 2, keep in mind that the former are mere humans, and the latter was a genetically engineered Messiah and the woman who gave birth to him

And the only difference between the results of beating him is SMT 2 YHVH claiming a different reason for his recreation and unless I missed something from MT 2 cursing the Aleph and Hiroko.

Although that does ruin my might be weaker theory, but also implies YHVH might not have been at full power, or that he has some weird restrictions.

Also didn't SMT 4 Final make the glitch something that can literally be summarized as 'YHVH did not have a waifu'
?
>>
>>46261983
The Benefactor isn't a Fae for a few reasons: She's capable of creating something new, and the fact of the matter is that the Fae themselves show up in Jumps as well. That, and the whole "Who are you, what are you ?" thing falls apart if you consistently take Drop-In.
>>
>>46262029
It's his own fucking fault for declaring Asherah apostasy. Stupid fucker, he HAD a waifu, but he tossed her away. And when his ancient worshipers kept trying again and again, even into recorded history, to bring her back, he's all "NO WORSHIP ONLY ME I DON'T WANT A WIFE"

Asshole
>>
>>46261890
>>46261929
>>46261983
>>46262035

There's an easy way to test this.

Find a jump that lets you become an embodiment of something and pick Iron.

If it works she's not a fae or at least not a True Fae, or she's somehow exempt from the grudge iron has against fae for breaking a deal or something.

The later would basically make her the most honest True Fae in existence, which probably disqualifies her.

If she tries to talk you our of it or seems reluctant than she might be one.
>>
>>46262029
Why would he need them to be alive? He runs the afterlife, or at least most of it. As for the results, I still argue that he meant that version of him, considering the fact that YHVH in the original translation didn't say he would come back at all: He said others would come and replace him. This means that Megami Tensei YHVH is actually WEAKER. Also, we have no evidence that the Hero and Heroine DIDN'T suffer that fate, we just know that Aleph did. As for SMT IV: FINAL is...not really something I trust right now, considering they made Lucifer and Merkabah the two halves of Satan.
>>46262070
Isn't there already a Jump that explicitly gives you iron weapons to use against the Fae?
>>
>>46262035
>consistently take Drop-In

Funny, that. Even as an eternal Stranger from Nowhere, years of training still go by in seconds. Powers you should not know to wield are second nature to you. The weight of centuries molds you on its own.

"You" and "The Stranger from Nowhere" were not always the same thing. In choosing always to wear that same face, it has become a mask in and of itself. A blank, unreadable thing behind which hides an unfathomable soul. Such age and such power might not change you for the /worse/ - but they will change you nonetheless.

You are not who you were, or what you were. You forfeited that by your hundredth year of youth.

And more, what is "new?" Is it merely that which you have not witnessed before? How likely is it that she has? That she pulls these ideas from works which you are simply unfamiliar with?

Why do you still resist? There is nothing to gain from denying what you are.
>>
>>46262070
Well, you can be a robot in Metal Gear Rising, bend metal in the Avatar jumps and as far as I can tell there's nothing stopping you from becoming the Rider of Iron in Darksiders, the God of Iron in Lord of Light or the Kami of Iron in Okami.

So that's checkmate for the fae theory.
>>
>>46262089
See >>46262091
>>
>>46262089
Sorry Fae Anon, your theory is kaput.>>46262091
>>
File: laughing nui.gif (906 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laughing nui.gif
906 KB, 500x281
>>46262104
>>46262106
Alas, it seems I have been refuted with simplicity. But then, if She is not as I have said.

I must ask you, my darling.
Ẁ̨̮̜̟̤̥͇̰̻́ͬ́͐́͗̂͟͡ẖ̵̃ͩ̎̎ͭ͆̏̆̚̕ͅa̱͕͇̹͋̈͢͡ť̵̷̺̌ͬͩ ̸͈̳͇̾ͩ͒̀͐͆̑̀͡͠d̢̹͇̖̊o̴͔͈̮̩̱̜͈̅̈ͪ͡ȩ̸͚̮̗̪́̃̆ͣ̓͂́̚͝ṣ̴̄ͪ̎̀͗ ̵͓̯̻̫͙̥͚̀́́̚t̝͔̹ͧ̆ͦ́͘͞h̡͎̖̩͍̳ͨͪ̿̍͋a̧̫͉̩̝̲͔͉̎̀t̾͛̈͑̑̇̀ͫͣ͏̨̨̺̪̠̯̩̼͖ ̰͔͈̝̺̝̿̄̒ͤm̸̗̘̳͚̩͙͛ͪͯ̓͠a̷̡̛̘̘͖̙ͮ̇̿̿ḱ̺̩̘̙̖͚͛̆̈́e̪̟͙̤͚̙͔̲ͤͫ̆́ ̷̺͖̜͎͌͆ͨ͟ȕ̴͔̬̘̲̤͎̥̺͆̂ͮͧ̽ͦ̐ș̷̣̺̗̩̪̗͚̏̌͛͊, fools that we are?̙͍̭̭͌̑̋̅̆ͨ̽͆̚͘͟ͅ
>>
>>46262135
We already knew she was an Elder Goddess, Anon. That's hardly a surprise or spook. Don't ever call her an Elder anything though, she's sensitive about her age.
>>
Well this snackcake left a really bad aftertaste.

If I don't come back tomorrow, it killed me.
>>
>>46262087

>Why would he need them to be alive? He runs the afterlife, or at least most of it.

YHVH specifically notes that it's human belief, is using a reincarnation cycle, and types of dead human souls end up counting as demons. Also if were using Nocturne as evidence the existence of the manikins and their inability to have a reason implies some kind of innate difference between living and dead humans.

Plus if YHVH only needs human souls that would imply that Lucifer's final battle plan actually has no chance of working at all.

> I still argue that he meant that version of him, considering the fact that YHVH in the original translation didn't say he would come back at all: He said others would come and replace him.

It's possible that the version I read might have been a translation error.

>This means that Megami Tensei YHVH is actually WEAKER. Also, we have no evidence that the Hero and Heroine DIDN'T suffer that fate, we just know that Aleph did. As for SMT IV: FINAL is...not really something I trust right now, considering they made Lucifer and Merkabah the two halves of Satan.

My main argument is that I'm not sure if Megami Tensei is actually still canon or not since the metaphysics seem different.

Although if you consider everything canon than you basically have to trust SMT IV: Final.

Which would make that spoiler accurate, unless a theory I saw about SMT 4 Lucifer being a fake is true.
>>
>>46262333
I will mourn your passing for five minutes and then move on immediately.
>>46262352
I'm sure He can use faithful human souls as a battery at least, especially since he brings several dead humans back to life, transforming the Law Hero into the Messiah. Lucifer's plan would still have a chance, considering he's destroying the entire multiverse, including the afterlife. I suppose Megami Tensei being non-canon make sense given the different metaphysics, but I am still incredibly reluctant to trust SMT IV: Final simply because it retcons practically the entire series. Hope that theory is correct.
>>
>>46262135
>>46262164

My current theory is that the Benefactor is a manifestation of The Blind Eternities.

Consider the following.

1. The Blind Eternities gives out planeswalker sparks.

2. The Mending made planeswalker's suck.

3. The Benefactor likes watching people go on multiversal adventures.

4. Planeswalker's go on multiversal adventures.

5. The Benefactor can give out a pre-mending planeswalker spark if the jumper succeeds at completing the chain.

This implies that the chain might be an attempt to cheat the restriction the mending placed on planeswalker sparks. Possibly so that the Benefactor a.k.a. The Blind Eternities can go back to watching dimensional travelers throw realities at each other instead of having to panic do to a few world eaters.
>>
>>46262451
But she's not blind.
>>
>>46262451
>The Blind Eternities.
Ok, maybe, but you can call her old and blind first. We'll watch and see how it works out for you.
>>
>>46262402

The main issue with Lucifer's plan is that there was enough reality left for their to be survivors. If Lucifer was able to have an army of demons survive there's probably at least some human souls that survived. Which mean they would be able to keep YHVH alive if they counted.

> I suppose Megami Tensei being non-canon make sense given the different metaphysics, but I am still incredibly reluctant to trust SMT IV: Final simply because it retcons practically the entire series. Hope that theory is correct.

Although if Megami Tense is still canon I still don't trust that instant death effect as evidence. Like I mentioned earlier the SMT has a tendency to make bosses immune to the instant death effects available to the player, but has non-boss versions of the same demon lack it.

So the gameplay resistances really don't work as complete evidence.

I however agree that SMT 4 Final is ridiculous, and Dagda is a Mary Sue. No seriously how does Dagda having the power to permakill everything else make any sense at all?
>>
>>46262547
>how does Dagda having the power to permakill everything else make any sense at all?

The same way Okuninushi has the same level cap as Metatron in Devil Survivors 1 and the Anti-All passive skill somehow despite theoretically being one of many exiled pagan deities.
>>
>>46262547
It also leaves Angels, but it evens the playing field between the two factions of Law and Chaos. The point isn't to completely defeat YHVH, it's to make him vulnerable to attack and end his experiments into free will erasing. As for Megami Tensei, I would like to point out he retains the immunity to insta-kill as party member as well. SMT IV: Final is also ridiculous because it rapes the entire established canon: Lucifer was a pawn all along, YHVH is just a mad aspect of the benevolent Great Will, the polytheistic gods actually can do shit in the mainline by themselves despite getting shat on in every other game, and YHVH is an asshole because he was alone, even though He had plenty of gods like Mem Aleph or Bel who could have been his friends or at least companions.
>>
>>46262469
>>46262504

You missed the 'manifestation' part.

Every manifestation being identical to he thing it's a manifestation of would imply that your main form of communication since the Lovecraft jump is telepathic explosions unless you never took any art, intelligence, or magic perks ever.

Plus the term 'eternities' implies concepts like young or old have absolutely no meaning, and my theory makes no sense if the 'blind' part of The Blind Eternities is completely literal.

After all it can't be watching planeswalker's cause havoc across the multiverse if it can't watch stuff.

That and actually asking if the theory is right is boring. Did you ask if she's a fae before it was contradicted?
>>
>>46262658

The final battle part seems to imply that the intent is for it to be the final battle. YHVH having a chance of recovering would ruin that.

As for the spoilers. Yeah that stuff only make sense if you assume that this stuff occurred way before the rest of the series.

Although SMT's chaos ending and Lucifer's role in SMT 2 imply that Lucifer is a pawn that YHVH lost control of.

Also this reminded me of something else. There's a part of Noctune that might imply the existence of multiple Lucifers.

Specifically the Lady in Black basically says that her master (a.k.a. old man Lucifer) made a deal with someone else for their plan, and the other person involved in the plan was child Lucifer.
>>
>>46262745
The final battle itself is the final battle, yes, but the plan was to destroy the multiverse and thus weaken YHVH. He can still recover, but he can also now be beaten. As for the spoiler, yeah, that sounds about right. At least he broke loose. Actually, isn't Lucifer himself a multiversial being, if to a lesser extent than YHVH? Dude's a hell of a lot different in Devil Children compared to the mainline. Maybe the Lucifers are all working together to beat YHVH? Actually, now that I think back on it, are you sure child Lucifer and old man Lucifer are different beings? Isn't it just him and the Lady in Black switching ages(Considering she's an old woman with the child and a youth with the old man)?
>>
>>46261445
Looks good, welcome to jumpchain.
Are you going for any particular theme?
>>
101. Spyro the Dragon
Origin: Rascal (-300), Age: 9, Family: Magic Crafter, Dream Weaver
Perks: Harbinger of Magic, Heroic Radar (-100), Quick Learner, Color of Royalty (-300)
Dragon Crystals: Intelligence 5 (-500)
Items: Sacred Charms
From Beyond the Realms (-300)
Drawbacks: Money Monger (+200), Villain Magnet [Ripto](+300)

Chimmy: Sensei, Harbinger of Magic, Heroic Radar, Dragon Kata (-300), Shadowstone (-300), Sacred Charms
Falco: Drop-In, Harbinger of Magic, Maniacal Laughter, Grand Scheme of Things (-100), Corruption Adept (-200), Black Magic (-300), Sacred Charms
Roberta: Sensei, Harbinger of Magic, Heroic Radar, I Still Got It (-100), Papa Dragon (-200), Dragon Kata (-300), Sacred Charms
Ko'el: Professor, Harbinger of Magic, Critical Analysis, Tool For The Job (-100), Mystical Engine (-200), Super Portal Blueprints (-300), Sacred Charms
SoB: Sensei, Harbinger of Magic, Heroic Radar, I Still Got It (-100), Papa Dragon (-200), Dragon Kata (-300), Sacred Charms
Asriel: Drop-In, Harbinger of Magic, Maniacal Laughter, Grand Scheme of Things (-100), Corruption Adept (-200), Black Magic (-300), Sacred Charms
Isaac: Professor, Harbinger of Magic, Critical Analysis, Tool For The Job (-100), Mystical Engine (-200), Dr. Renaissance (-300), Sacred Charms
Toby: Professor, Harbinger of Magic, Critical Analysis, Tool For The Job (-100), Mystical Engine (-200), Super Portal Blueprints (-300), Sacred Charms

This sounds like a really bad plan overall, with the handful of warnings about world ending consequences in the jump itself. Oh well, we'll just have to hold back and hide far from one another.

We're all dragons now. Dirt poor dragons hunted by an evil sorcerer and his dinosaur army while Mr. Moneybags is content to let us die. What a dick.
>>
Do you guys think it's possible to steal wraiths ultimate eye from FMA?
>>
DARK SOULS (21)
--LOCATION--
Majula
--ORIGIN--
Discipline Of Sunlight (900cp)
Male, ??yo
--PERKS--
•Economics (800cp)
•Gross Incandescence
•Miracles (500cp)
•Praise The Sun (200cp)
--EQUIPMENT--
•Estus Flask
•Sunlight Straight Sword
--COMPANION--
•"Young" Sif, the Great Grey Wolf (-200cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•Grounded (-100cp)
•Stalked (0cp)

It would seem that a little accommodation from my benefactor is out the question. Once again I'm in a familiar world, and yes it's time to PRAISE THE SUN! An ex member of the Discipline of Sunlight, kinda left the order after I had awoken. Too damn cheerful. While here looks like I'm grounded, can't fly and neither can Arion & Jaeger. Not that it really matters, we rarely use our wings anyways, still it sure was faster than hoofing it on foot. Whatever, it is what it is.

Somehow I missed the left turn on Albuquerque and ended up time traveling. I hate it when this happens, but it would seem I've travelled back in time and space to where a giant wolf pup is mourning the lost of her master who was just killed moments before I arrived. Why yes it's Sif, just a tad smaller than what I remember. The wolf has to be size of a clydesdale vs the size of an African bull elephant. She came at me with intent on killing. But I smacked her snoot so hard & then pinned her to the ground. Something you pick up with dogs.

Soon enough the struggle was over & I had let up. Accepting of the new alpha, I comforted Sif for her loss. I even played a bit of fetch with her for awhile. It took about a month but she finally got over it. Then we got back to the present timeline somehow, I think.

Whatever the fact is I got a new pet, and together we tore through the bosses of this world with the help of the Second Chosen Undead. However we bailed about the last boss battle. And we went on exploring until my trip was up. Now I just have to find some good metal to craft Sif some decent armor. I hope my next trip is as spectacular as this one.
>>
>>46263176
Do you mean wrath? if so probably doable.
>>
>>46263176
Probably, it's just his philosopher stone
Of course, in order to utilize it you'd have to inject it into yourself and win in a fight with Wrath's soul, which should be pretty hard considering he was able to destroy every single other soul that originally existed in the stone. And then if you did win you'd technically be a homunculus instead of a human.
>>
In D&D since spell slots are representitive of how many spells you have memorized at the moment, would having perfect memory mean that you have infinite spell slots?
>>
>>46263322
I would say no because that would get really silly really fast. Also some people have better memories than others yet all wizards have, at base, the same amount of slots.
>>
>>46263322
No. Having Eidetic Memory or other memory-enhancing feats does not improve your number of spells per day.
As a wizard, improving your intelligence improves the number of spells per day, but that isn't just "memory".

And even if your Intelligence is at godlike levels, you never get "infinite" wizard or sorcerer spells. The system never just goes "oh, that's a really high INT score, I guess you can just cast as many as you like".
>>
>>46263322
I think of it like this, you have a finite amount of energy. For wizards you have to commit energy per spell ahead of time. As a sorcerer you're just doing what a wizard does instinctively. So you got 9th level slots left because when you woke up that morning you automatically wake up with sliced bread. Where wizards have to manually slice their bread.

So more intelligent you are more energy efficient you become. However it reaches a soft cap pretty quickly.
>>
>>46263322
No, because a spell slot isn't a spell you can remember, it's a spell you've already mostly cast in your spell-preparing time earlier and are now carrying around in your head waiting for the right moment to add the final bit and trigger the spell.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (208 KB, 1728x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
208 KB, 1728x1080
I just started a new chain and I rolled rust as my 1st jump. Give it to me straight, how screwed am I? Is it even survivable?
>>
>>46262065
To be fair, she was a huge bitch.
>>
>>46263641
Nobody is a bitch compared to her husband.
>>
>>46263652
Eh, I actually like the Law endings, but I’m weird like that. And no, I don’t want to get in a philosophical debate about it, this is not the right board for that.
>>
>Change Form - Et Machinae (600CP, Discount Experiment): The doctors found something unique during augmentation. Apparently your body has no rejection reflex to nonorganics, quite the opposite! Add any amount of cybernetics to your body without issue. Toast bread by stapling toasters to your arm! Become a living wifi-router. String your nerves out to power a city block! You may remove the tech incorporated from your body at any time.

So reading this perk, wanted to ask for some clarifications if the jump maker's around. Is it simply making it so that you can seamlessly stick tech onto/into yourself and use it or does it make it count as part of your body completely? Would toughness perks effect the implanted tech (Only while in you of course) or could you use evolution powers or things that affect biology only normally on these machines you use the perk with?
>>
>>46257475
Perks are pretty much done, I need to simply finish items and write out most of the other stuff. I wanted to have it done by now but I had a business trip to do and then I got sick as soon as I got back home. So I would expect a fairly done rough draft next week.
>>
>>46263322
If you're going strictly by D&D mechanics there are a bunch of tricks that let a wizard get unlimited spells.
So it's possible if you really want it, but it's not necessary and it has nothing to do with memory.

Intelligence is what determines number of spell slots (for wizards).
D&D does have rules for superhuman intelligence (with no hard cap), so the only difficulty in determining how many you get would be translating your intelligence-enhancing perks into a D&D ability score.
I just don't see why you'd need to know your exact number of spell slots for purposes of jumpchain.
>>
>>46257614
Please don't talk for me, I've simply been too busy to come to the thread and while I was taking it easy I stayed mostly on SB since I've been back. It was all coincidental actually.
>>
File: batman-702-gotcha.png (366 KB, 588x418) Image search: [Google]
batman-702-gotcha.png
366 KB, 588x418
>>46259922
>>46260101
I mean I'm writing it but Rick and Morty took a long time and I know even less where I'm going with this. Got the broad strokes down, still have to think up much of the content as it's going to have a lot more in it than Dragonball had (just counted and there were a total of 30 options if you include all the origins in that).

There's also the DC base jump crossover stuff that presents a new challenge and the fact that much of the content has already been played out in some capacity. There will probably be a small DC update prior to the Crisis release as I intend to stick in a superteam import that I haven't gotten round to yet due to the pages being full and I know the reshuffling is going to be a hassle.

Currently what I'm actually sitting on are the first, second and last page, the options in the race page that need writing up and are subject to change, the options for the freebies for jumpers who already did the main DC jump depending on options chosen, a few of the drawbacks, a few of the 'background' perks (which will make sense in terms of the jump but probably wouldn't if I brought them up here), the timeline (which I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with), a couple of items which I'm also not sure about and a couple of thanks for playing outlandish prizes you can choose between.
>>
>>46264020
Duly noted. Can't say I blame you for something of that scope.

>>46263988
I could ask you to please not usurp established jump convention and not to drive away actually talented jumpmakers, but you've made it very clear where you stand on those issues so I see no reason to extend the same courtesy to you.
>>
Is there any way to get tech from a jump you have already been to?
>>
>>46264041
So now you have a free pass to usurp jump conventions yourself in an attempt to punish me?
>>
>>46264102
>>
>>46264102
I'm not necessarily advocating for it, since I think never to let a bad precedent through, but if it hurts you to imagine this happening, why don't you realize that this is what you made Babylon feel?
>>
>>46264102
Bluntly said? Yes, absolutely. You people are aware what we think about Bancho, correct? Right now my personal opinion of you is roughly around that of my opinion on Bancho.
>>
>>46264114
I'm not upset though and I apologize if it sounded that way I am a little under the weather at the moment. I was trying to underscore the logical problems of what he was trying to do.
>>
>>46264202
Riiiight.
>>
>>46264202
Well, you're conveniently ignoring the logical problems of what you were trying to do in the past so frankly you've no right to throw yourself a pity party.
>>
>>46263865
Yes, yes, yes, sure why not.

Gotta get those old jumps dusted off and looking pretty someday...
>>
>>46264223
But you're already beautiful.
>>
>>46264223
I don't want to sound like one of those reactionaries who gets assbusted at the slightest mention of any updates whatsoever but-can I just ask what's wrong with Franken Fran jump in particular? I always thought it did a splendid job of capturing the feel of the setting, and it's up there with Fallen London in terms of my personal favorite jumps amongst those you've made.

I mean, go right ahead if you see anything glaring-I just legitimitely can't think of anything that is, off the top of my head.
>>
>>46264223
Are these serious answers or just filler? I mean, you answered yes twice to a question with only one or two answers so...? I mean, I'd certainly like it if it is those answers, just want to make sure. Thanks for answering so quickly though
>>
>>46264132
Have as low opinion of me as you want. However as far as I know Bancho can still make jumps and have them on the drive, and until for some reason they get deleted I will assume I have the same right.
>>
>>46264235
My, my, you're fine with a jumpmaker like me? I've only made ten so far..

>>46264253
They need to be reformatted in WordDoc rather than Notepad, and slap a nice cover on top. Nothing else.

>>46264260
Sorry. You can make tech seamless, and you can surgically make it part of yourself. Yes, while a part of you they count for tough perks, or any other performance enhancers that might apply (overclocking laptops with Speed Force? Don't see why not). No evo powers unless the tech is itself partly biological.
>>
>>46264279
Awesome. You're a beaut my friend and so are your jumps.
>>
>>46261517
Where's Once Upon A Time? I can't seem to find it on the drive.
>>
>>46264279
>My, my, you're fine with a jumpmaker like me? I've only made ten so far..

...and now I'll never be able to read your posts without hearing a quiet ara ara~
>>
>>46264261
You're out of touch as well as a cunt, then. Bancho's jumps are only there as placeholders, and even the new jump he was working on hasn't shown any signs of progress for a month now.

I do think it's unlikely your work will be kicked off for similar reasons. I'm just pointing out how pathetic you are for trying to claim you should be bound by the rights you openly flaunt your distain for.

>>46264311
It's still a WIP, but Cracker Jack did say it was jumpable though he may add some more stuff in the future..

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46216867/#46226374
>>
>>46264329
Huh, I actually searched that thread for it a few seconds ago. Should've gone with the acronym I guess.
>>
File: bensfury.png (750 KB, 1241x409) Image search: [Google]
bensfury.png
750 KB, 1241x409
>>46257378
>batman vs Superman was pretty good

I somehow doubt it when Sad Ben is already a burgeoning meme.
>>
>>46264385
Actually I just typed Cracker Jack's name into 4plebs' username search category and scrolled down from the most recent posts to find it. I know namefagging's frowned on mostly, but it sure does help out a lot for finding recently released jumps from previous threads when I need to catch up
>>
>>46264329
You seem to be operating under a misconception, Adrax is making a duplicate jump on SB, and therefore not breaking any rules the drive operates. I've always held that different jumps int he same franchise by different people were not a bad thing. You are the only one talking about replacing and editing someone else's jump and doing so in an effort to punish me in the logic this will somehow validate the same rules you've decided to break yourself as the self appointed enforcer of said rules. Which I have little doubt will be stopped by others if you actually tried to get it done.
>>
>>46257378
My Birthday
>>
>>46264090
If you bought the "return" option in the warehouse you can go back to one jump, once.
Probably not worth it. I'd recommend making sure you got everything good the first time around.
>>
>>46264483
>I've always held that different jumps int he same franchise by different people were not a bad thing

You're really not helping your case here when you don't seem capable of understanding nobody wants your shitty opinions imposed on a communtiy you don't belong to.
>>
>>46264516
If the community did me the favor of at least accurately describing my opinions when someone decides to insult me about them because someone asked about KFP, I wouldn't have to repeat myself.
>>
>>46264090
The Founder perk from Cortex Command.
>>
Speaking of worked on jumps, any news on the senran kagura jump being worked on?
>>
>>46264560
You misunderstand, I've understood you completely fine. I've just told you in the past, and I've observed others telling you in the past, that for various reasons the majority of people here don't want what it. Being stubborn about it is nothing short of childish petulance.

>>46264589
Senran kagura? I didn't even know that was a jump. Or uh, anything at all actually.
>>
>>46264579
>>46264512
Thank you.
>>
>>46264599
>You misunderstand, I've understood you completely fine.

If you are >>46264329 then no, you do not. You are operating under the idea that its some sort of hypocrisy for me to argue against replacing and editing someone elses jumps, when in fact I've never argued its ok to replace or edit someone's jumps. You are clearly misunderstanding my position.
>>
>>46264742
Well, it's a good thing I'm not then. Lesson 1 of jumpchain: Not everyone who disagrees with you is the same person. The point still stands-nobody but you wants multiple jumps of the same setting, and you refuse to accept or acknowledge that.
>>
>>46264811

Don't you remember dresden files?
>>
File: bleep bloop.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bleep bloop.jpg
418 KB, 1920x1080
Halo

High Charity
27 years old
Drop-In
Wordsmith 100
Hacking
Engineer 250
Spooky 850
Erudition 1150
Loadout
Basic Neural Interface
UNSC Marine Corps Battle Dress Uniform
Bubble Shield 1200
Rival 1000

Don't really like Halo much, played some of the multiplayer which was pretty good fun but the world never really did anything for me. Jump is pretty sparse as well given how popular the setting is and that it was made by people who have each individually made better jumps. Camels, horses, committees, etc.

Free choice in location so chose High Charity as I'm going to shapeshift, pretend to be an alien, steal alien tech, probably get caught quite quickly and then blow up the place. From there it's more or less playing by ear.

Perks are basically you understand/can do tech and being a really great secret agent type. That and a bubble shield for extra points. Not an awful lot to say here.
>>
>>46264834
I do, yes. I also recall it was a borderline case and much less iffy than the shitstirrers would have others believe considering the jumpmaker confirmed it as a WIP before disappearing, and that's hardly the same thing as, say, putting a new pokemon jump on the drive.
>>
>>46264811
Lesson 2 of jumpchain, if you are not the same person then don't reply in a way that makes you sound like the same person. "You misunderstand, I've understood you completely fine.". I restated my opinion because someone clearly did not understand it. And i will do so the next time it happens, and again after that.
>>
>>46264877
I really wouldn't care as long as you also don't forget that literally nobody shares your opinion and it will never be implemented, instead of coming across like you should actually be taken seriously.
>>
>>46264834
I recall how even that lost us an important jumpmaker.
>>
Are there any downsides to jumping forgotten realms as an umbral blot?
>>
>>46264946
A what?
>>
>>46264877
>don't reply in a way that makes you sound like the same person

That just seems like a more passive aggressive way of saying "don't disagree with me, ever"

>>46264942
Lycoris/SoAnon. Yeah, that was pretty sucky.

>>46264946
Well, you're likely to find social activity and acceptance difficult for starters.
>>
>>46264946

You cannot hug anything you love.

>>46264951

Living Sphere of Annihilation.
>>
>>46264962
In that case the downside is that you literally cannot interact with anything else.
>>
>>46264946
Just the obvious - no social interaction, no contact with anything, no hands, no spellcasting...
Also the opportunity cost, because you can get a lot more out of 3200cp.
>>
>>46264962
>You cannot hug anything less powerful than you

FTFY, I mean-even if you try to weaponise your hugs can it really be called a hug if the opponent disintegrates in your arms before you can really wrap around them fully?
>>
>>46264997

Umbral Blots also have no arms.
>>
File: TJI_Shrugging_main.jpg (17 KB, 475x430) Image search: [Google]
TJI_Shrugging_main.jpg
17 KB, 475x430
>>46264329
>>46264385
I may end up drastically changing it, since I feel like the Villain Origin overshadows the others. Or I may not.

Feel free to jump it now, but I can't promise I won't accidentally destroy your build.

>>46264408
Yeah, I try to use a name whenever I talk about my jumps. Of course, I end up forgetting to do so half the time anyway, so I'm not sure how much good it does.
>>
>>46265037
Oh yeah.

I thought they could kinda engulf things like amoebas, though?
>>
>>46264923
I understand that the majority of the thread doesn't think its a good idea and thats fine. However if you think that means I'm not going to say anything when some random anon decides to imply I said things I didn't, I'm sorry I can't help you. Nor do I think my opinions are wrong anymore than you do yours. As it stands I know better than to try to get anything on the drive that doesn't meet the rules and I do tell people on SB the same thing. Whether they decide to simply keep it there or not do it at all that is there decision.
>>
>>46265047
The drawbacks are some of the most brutal I have seen and magic is really expensive as is. I love it so far though and those are my main 2 gripes. Well those and dragon being so expensive.
>>
>>46265061

Ah sorry, was on another thread and forgot to repost my trip.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.