[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
Hello Fellers,

I'm a super huge new fag. But I really want to get into Warhammer 40K. Im, for now, especially really curious about the lore. The beginning of all. But I have no idea where to search/look for good items.

As a random noob, I also want to start collecting. Im really interrested in the Tau. (yeah I know, weeaboo blabla)

But the lore is also important to me. I want to know the history, the story. I see posts and I have no idea what people are talking about. Just give me a lead on where to start. Would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.
>>
>>46253933
Literally Lexicanum
>>
>>46253933

These are probably the most important bits:

War in Heaven.
Golden Age of Technology and Age of Strife.
Fall of the Eldar.
The Emperor of Man.
Horus Heresy.
>>
Awesome, thanks for the replies. Will google and hope to find what I am looking for.
>>
>>46253933
The big rulebook comes with a lore book. Look up ebay for an old rulebook. The rules in it are outdated, the lore might be a bit, but unlike the current book, these are very very cheap.
As for starting with tau, you might get some bad looks, because a few units are very overpowered, so tone your army down a bit and you should be okay.
>>
File: TAU.gif (3 MB, 684x340) Image search: [Google]
TAU.gif
3 MB, 684x340
>>46253933
The Tau codex is packed with lore on the Tau
just get that (and the rulebook of course) first
>>
To be honest, I really don't care about bad looks. I'm not collecting to play the game. Atleast, not yet. I am collecting cause I want to.

I'm also really interrested in the necrons. And they have been around longer. (for as far as I have read on diffrent posts and "lore")

But I am really wondering why Tau is so hated., Is it cause of some overpowered points, or is it also a point of the lore? (red that Tau is a "weeaboo" faction cause of their mercy orso)
>>
I seriously have no idea how to reply to a post, as I said, newfag.

But, it is not only the Tau that I am interrested in. I want to know about the whole lore. How the whole 40K universe is put together. I know the games. But that is it.

Im just hungry for more information. Tau is just the army I would like to collect.
>>
>>46254156

There is literally no redeeming feature to the Tau faction other than the smaller suits and some of the vehicles look nice.

Lore is shitty and poorly written.

Entire playerbase is cancerous.

The rules are no fun to play against for anyone.

The faction doesn't fit in or belong in the game and was only conceived to cash in on the early 90's manga craze.

Etc.

If you want good lore don't bother with Tau. They are even shittier than space marines when it comes to retarded overblown edgy bullshit.
>>
>>46254262

Click on the number of the post and it will create a reply pop-up to type your post in, already formatted to reply to the post number you clicked.

Or simply copypaste the number in the format >>#######
>>
>>46254305
Thank you. Much appreciated :).
>>
>>46254298

Tau wouldn't be as bad to play against if they didn't make large Tau walkers count as Monstrous Creatures with 2+ armor saves.
>>
>>46254436
Keep in mind that I have no idea of the rules/playstyle of the game.

Im collecting for fun. Not for games(yet). The lore for me is just to know more about the universe of 40K.
>>
>>46254156

From the gameplay perspective, they have some powerful and very mobile units that, if spammed, they are difficult to defeat.

From the lore perspective.
- They threaten to steal the "protagonist" place of humanity. They fill the place that humanity (as newcommers) would have in any other setting.
- Many players can't into subtlety when it comes to grim&darkness and don't realize that they are just as much totalitarian as other players in the setting. They are just less wasteful.
>>
The first thing you must realize, is that taking 40k lore seriously causes cancer. It was originally a parody, fantasy in space. With the years, it has gotten darker and grimmer. The setting is build on top of unreliable narrators, propaganda, and faulty information. It is silly, over-the-top dark, and not very realistic that some fans take it waaay too seriously.
>>
>>46254436

So you mean if GW was competent at writing rules, which will never happen.

And also if Tau didn't have shitty OP rules, which they do.

And also if Taufags weren't complete faggots who spam cheese, which they are.

So yeah, "if the stars magically align" then Tau wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>46254522

If you collect, you'll eventually end up playing.

Tau basically have crummy stats, they are inaccurate and sloppy and cowardly, but have good tech. As in, your basic infantry rifles hit almost as hard as Imperial heavy machine guns.

Basically Tau play means maneuvering with jet packs and tanks, while spotter teams with markerlights call down missile strikes/make your guys able to shoot accurately like everyone else/remove the benefits of cover from the enemy.

There's a lot of different playstyles and tactics Tau can go with, but they all revolve around ranged weapons. You will lose every time in close combat, but you have rules for running away to avoid it and shoot a bunch at people assaulting you though.
>>
>>46254298
>If you want good lore don't bother with Tau.

>40k
>Good lore.
>>
>>46254677

What's the point in being sarcastic if you're essentially agreeing with the original point anyway?
>>
>>46254709

You should have looked beyond your mirror then.
>>
>>46254920

You're not even making sense anymore.
>>
Alright, for the last few posters.

As I said, I am no way near where you are at with knowledge when it comes to the W40K universe.

Calling eachother "fags/faggots/analriders/whateverGivesYourKeyboardPleasure" doesn't mean shit to me. I just want to know where I can find lore. What the lore is for the Tau is all cool, and the answers that I got are really appreciated (with or without playing the game.).

If you want to cause a shitpost about "how shit the Tau are cause (insert Reason)" good for you. But not what I am looking for.

Ofcourse I would really like to have stories from experienced players/fanatics of the francise. But if you come here to flame/post shit, please move on.

Im trying to have a fun and awesome discussion. Yeah, I know this is the internet. And people have oppinions. But for once, be an addult and don't act like a dick. Just supply information and try to give some good information about why something is better instead of the

>>46254677
>If you want good lore don't bother with Tau.

>40k
>Good lore.

I can't do shit with this cause I don't know the lore.

I know this goes offtopic. But I am partially drunk. So yeah....

Still love you guys <3
>>
>>46254988

People are pissed about Tau right now on /tg/, there was just a huge thread derailment yesterday in the 40k general.

What models would be interested in getting for your Tau army? What kind of list do you want to run?
>>
>>46255119
To be honest, I don't know. I would like to get some fire warriors first. Just to get some painting skills going. After that I would like to get onto the bigger models.

I don't want to waste a lot of money on shit painted models.

My profession is beying a social worker. So I really wonder. Why do people get so worked up when it comes to a, in my eyes, board game? Does the whole WH40K universo reach so deep in people?

I mean, I don't care (yet) about all these things. But secretly hope I will never be like that.
>>
>>46254988
>I just want to know where I can find lore

Try google or the wikis moron. It's like you just discovered the internet yesterday.
>>
>>46254988
>hurr don't be a dick just spoonfeed me

Tau fit you just fine. And you wonder why people hate Tau.
>>
>>46254988
Dude just get the shit and let this thread die
>>
>>46255280
Thank you for your awesome reply "bruh". I tried google. But that gives me random shit. And for a well thinking person, you know WIKI isn't a good source for information. It is random shit made up of all kinds of sources. I want to start at the beginning.

But hey, awesome.

>>46255310
Nice reply, good way of telling me what the Tau actually are. People must be really proud of what you are. Just calling shit and saying "that is what you are bruh".

>>46255367
I will, guess this proves again that internet is shit/dead. Or atleast, some internet warriors are.
>>
>>46255413

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Tau%287E%29
>>
>>46255413
>Nice reply, good way of telling me what the Tau actually are. People must be really proud of what you are. Just calling shit and saying "that is what you are bruh".

Yeah keep digging that hole deeper.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (259 KB, 1602x962) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
259 KB, 1602x962
>>46255413

Read the codex, it has Tau lore in it.

If you start with Fire Warriors, you can't go wrong there. It IS possible to make a Tau list that doesn't piss people off, they can take more stuff than Farsight suits as troops lists and Riptides.
>>
>>46255792
Hmmm, them tears cause of letters. Give them to me <3
>>
>>46253933
Tau is great for a newbie. Remember to take your cheese to the GW shops and then watch little kids cry as your army cucks theirs into the greater good. Next you want to sit around the painting table and talk smugly of your victories while you harass and critisize other people's painting skills. Finally, when they ban you for being too awesome, you sell your minis to the next generation, cash in on the abuse, and buy a sports car to attract bimbos with. This is the ultimate part of your plan, as you sit in the parking area holding dem tittays while watching the sad life of those who didn't play tau, through the window of the store.
>>
>>46256031

You sure have a big ego for a newfag who's asking to be spoonfed because he doesn't know shit.
>>
>>46256096
>I'm a super huge new fag. But I really want to get into Warhammer 40K. Im, for now, especially really curious about the lore. The beginning of all.

Good job reading <3

Collecting and playing is diffrent in my world. But hey, nice tears.
>>
>>46256260
>As a random noob, I also want to start collecting.
>>
>>46256226
Yeah, what do you expect. I am asking nice and people who are, I guess, big in this game start talking shit (I have no way to say this nice). I just want to have a nice conversation about this "world".

I dont feel like getting shit on cause I don't know anything about this universe.
>>
>>46256302
Your point is?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.