[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a skeleton boss cause players were faster than expected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: tFNnHPV.jpg (121 KB, 1280x726) Image search: [Google]
tFNnHPV.jpg
121 KB, 1280x726
so i have been planning our campaign out only about a session ahead, not going into too much detail in case the players throw me for a loop.

well unfortunately it has finally backfired on me, I've been planning an epic encounter at the end of this dungeon where the players have to fight these three skeleton bosses each with different abilities. Unfortuntely i hadn't put any thought into them because i didnt think id need to just yet.

well the players decided to drop the quest they were in the middle of to finish off the tomb and they about an hour away in real time from the boss. i can always stall them but they'll eventually reach the end.
>>
>>46252953
skeleton boss is a bard that plays his own ribs like a xylophone

provides buffs to an army of skeleton minions (they could be like regular human skeletons, animal skeletons, whatever)
>>
the skeleton lords from dank souls 2
>>
Give one of them great action economy, initiative, and have them be a great tripper. Easiest way to troll as a player (until the DM suddenly makes every other foe a quadruped) or DM
>>
>>46252953
Recolor other monsters into skeletons. Boom you're done.
>>
>>46253330
thats genius, make the red one barbarian, the blue one mage, and the black one a thief
>>
>>46253739
the players have to fight them in a party, also the blue one should be a battlemage or a spellsword if possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 430x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 430x468
Good luck op, hopefully this'll let you continue on and not delay the game with silly shit
hue
>>
God news! i done fucked up, it was just three high power skeletons with armor and magic gear. they didnt cakewalk it, but its a shame i couldn't think of a cooler encounter.
>>
File: skeleton-wheel-large.jpg (63 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-wheel-large.jpg
63 KB, 600x338
Punish them OP
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.