[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the setting is founded on Neo-Platonism What sort of magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 501px-Plotinos.jpg (54 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
501px-Plotinos.jpg
54 KB, 501x600
>the setting is founded on Neo-Platonism

What sort of magic would it entail?
>>
>>>/his/
>>>/lit/
>>
>>46254597
Why you gotta be like that?
>>
It would be planescape.
>>
>>46254794
Probably because he is a product of an education system where they don't know what Neo-Platonism is or the importance of it on western metaphysical thought.
>>
>>46252553

5 part Elementalism (Earth, Wind, Fire, Maurice White and the unchanging Aether that makes up the heavens), primitive humorism (which was no laughing matter), that weird "mind goes to the sun, soul goes to the moon" reincarnation system.

And the Platonic Realms which contains the idealised version of all knowable objects (and thus, any object not found on the Platonic Realms is unknowable)

Oh, and there's The Prime Mover, though that might be a later christian addition.
>>
Spontaneous generation. Some creatures just spawn from nothingness. No eggs, no births.
>>
>>46254911

No, the Fraternity of Order are the closest to neo-platonics, though they're also Neo-Pythagorean and pretty much any Rules focused philosophical grouping that isn't aesthetics, cynicism, Stoicism, solipsism, nihilism, BOOMTITTYDOOMdada or hedonism.
>>
>>46252553
There would be a lot of focus on self-improvement and attempting to reach divine knowledge via introspection and Greco-Roman values. Also attempts to transcend the physical world through constant iteration and perfection.
>>
>>46254962

And insects have no more than 4 legs.

And you can make a baby from just sperm if you can find a fertile enoguh feild - and further more, sperm contain itsy bitsy tiny people who in turn contain even smaller people and so to an ultimately finite degree.

Also: Was Plato the "Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age" guy? And by that I mean, there was a greek theory that before their contemporary period, there was a period of men who were "made of silver" and more moral and upright than them and suffered less and weren't such manlets, and BEFORE the silver men there was in turn a "golden age" of "golden men" who were morally, intellectually and physically perfect in every way, and thus the contemporary "bronze" age was a fallen world filled with useless moronic manlets.
>>
>>46252553
You should check out F.A.T.A.L., which us a really faithful and realistic fantasy game based on Plato and other important philosophers in an adult setting with light fantasy and very in depth but unobtrusive statistics.
>>
>>46255284
>areyoutryingtotrickmeagain?.jpg
>>
>>46255756
Trust me bro it's 100 pages of greatness
>>
>>46252553
BUTT-FUCKING
>>
File: tmp_12680-...what1080420479.png (57 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12680-...what1080420479.png
57 KB, 627x620
>>46254961
>Earth, Wind, Fire, Maurice White
>>
>>46256383
>Maurice White was an American singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, arranger and bandleader. He was the founder of the band Earth, Wind & Fire
>>
>>46252553
Tantric rituals based around fucking young boys.
>>
>>46252553
I don't know but put Pythagorean Paladins in the setting. They fall if they eat beans.
>>
>>46252553
the setting is retarded
>>
>>46252553

I thihnk that's called Mage: Awakening, anon.
>>46254597
Man, both of those boards are jerking into their copies of the Bell Jar/Lolita. Sending people there is cruel.
>>
All magic is the temporary manifestation of the ideal form of whatever is being conjured, be it a fireball or a throw pillow
>>
>>46252553

Plato was Socrates' worst student.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.