[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Superhero with classic Knight/Paladin theme Need ideas for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Paladin Knight.jpg (152 KB, 992x725) Image search: [Google]
Paladin Knight.jpg
152 KB, 992x725
>Superhero with classic Knight/Paladin theme

Need ideas for fitting supervillains/archenemies.
>>
>>46252431
Sorcerers
Dragons
>>
>>46252431
How serious/what tone is the game/comic?

Typical options range from the evil but honourable dark knight, wicked witches (often of the seductive/mind control variety) to actual Demons from hell.

Of course, there is the ever popular former comrade/mentor who betrayed the order/church/king. Possibly is now a puppet/lover/dark lord of the wicked Witch. May have been corrupted by or summoned the Demon. Also may be part of the Dark Knight's start of darkness or could be his Overlord.
>>
>>46252610
>How serious/what tone is the game/comic?

Pretty much like netflix Daredevil.
>>
>>46252431
Vizier, a powerful super whose abilities allow him to perform inhuman feats of organization and information gathering, and who has set himself up as an indispensable asset for the local mayor, the DA, the police-- as well as for the mob, terrorists, and other supervillains. Paladin is the only who knows about his corruption, and about the fact that Vizier's powers include a component of subtle mind control, or the fact that Vizier intends to turn their city into his own personal fiefdom without ever firing a single shot.
>>
>>46252431
An old-friend who turned from the knight/paladin path after witness how disgusting human can be.

Pretty old trope, but works very well if you can write it.
>>
>>46252431
>An antipaladin
>Who is secretly his brother
>That still loves him but doesn't understand his motivations
>And is being controlled by an even more evil guy

This shit writes itself
>>
>>46253598
Isn't that some anime plot?
>>
>>46253598
>Antipaladin
>who was always the better paladin
>who is OPENLY his brother
>who chose of his own free will, guided only by his ambition, to serve evil
>>
>>46253626
It's the plot of many anime and vidya.
>>
A samurai-themed villain, for that East-vs-West theme.
>>
>>46253698
>The BBEG thinks to be in control
>But HE's the one being controlled
>Because this guy is the fucking best
>And uses the power of the BBEG to become the ultimate antipaladin
>He still only wanted the best for his bro, though
>>
>>46252431
i played a modern superhero game where i was immortal mordred.

you should totally pick a knight of the round table to base yourself on.

for a villain, make a lex luthor/red dragon type
>>
>>46252431
Dracula.
>>
>>46252431

You know, George R.R. Martin created a Paladin-esque superhero in Wild Cards. He was a German swordsman, Lohengrin, who could create 'ghost steel' armor and weaponry.

Famously, he fought Rand Al'Thor at one point. Yeah, that guy from the Wheel of Time.
>>
>>46252957
So dark and gritty while also attempting to be Joss Whedon sarcasm?
>>
>>46252431
The best villains are the villains that leave the audience questioning if they are truly wrong, or justified in some sort of twisted way.

Create something chaotic-good oriented, that views order as a negative thing. Argue that law and restriction is inherently evil and serves as a conduit for evil actions. Create a villain that forces the protagonist to question their own motives.
>>
>>46254190
So, basically, create the Red Hood for your Batman.
>>
Focusing on idealism versus pragmatism: maybe a mercenary whose highest ideal is cold hard cash?
>>
Literally Satan
>>
>>46252431

Saracens.
>>
>>46252431

"I know what I did. I know who I am. And I do not need your help. I'm stuck smack-dab in the middle of my right goddamn mind and any scumbag, any lowlife, any maggot piece of shit that I put down I did it because I like it! Hell I love it!"
>>
The Windmill
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 960x640
>>46254526
Ok, that was clever
>>
>>46252431
figuratively Satan
>>
>>46252431
Robber baron
>>
>>46258081
Literally Satan.
>>
>>46252431
An Ilussionist or a mage or a muslim DEUS VULT
>>
>>46258621
hyperbolically satan
>>
>>46258719
Ironically satan
>>
>>46254040
>You know, George R.R. Martin created a Paladin-esque superhero in Wild Cards. He was a German swordsman, Lohengrin, who could create 'ghost steel' armor and weaponry.
>Famously, he fought Rand Al'Thor at one point. Yeah, that guy from the Wheel of Time
wait, what the fuck? was this in one of the anthologies, or am i missing the joke here? it's been a long time since i read WoT

>>46252431
for the modern paladin:
>secret societies of monster worshippers who control various aspects of society, culture, and the government
>that one guy who was irrevocably, irrefutably dead, no matter how many deaths and rebirths we see
>a caricature of a foreign national
>an amoral mercanary who can go blow for blow pally
>the country you've loyally defended for years, as you are now forced to defend it from itself
>an alcholic, another alcholic, and the bitch who stabbed one of your oldest friends in the back
and of course
Richard Nixon
>>
>>46252431
Mordred
>>
>>46252957
An idealistic knightly hero might not be a fitting tone to a gritty Frank Miller-esque thing like the new Daredevil series.
>>
Aku
>>
>>46259677
Actually it's where his chivalry can be best showcased. You look even more noble when surrounded by grim circumstance.
>>
>>46259677
somebody already mentioned wild cards, where this is literally a character
>i want to do good
>fuck it, take your paycheck like the rest of us
>no, i go be hero in africa and bang traps
>the series of events stated in that book pretty much completely destabilize africa and the the no-imperialists win
>>
>>46252431
> Long
>> Ancient Chinese Sorcerer who awakens/reborn in the body of his descendant every century to wreak havoc upon the Earth
>> Constantly antagonized by Warrior/Paladin/Priest of various ages due to cyclical nature of magic and because he's fucking evil
>> this time reborn as a rogue Triad Warlord
>> Magic Kung Fu powers and Zombie breath that revives the dead
> Sleeps on the pile of treasures he collected
>>
>>46252431
Evul Samurai with Katana folded 10000000000000000000 times
>>
>>46252431
I've always wanted to play a Knight and have a rival who is an honourless knave. This trickster would leave traps, he'd lie, threaten innocents and never meet me in straight combat like a man. The hero would have to jump through his fiendish traps and hoops and ultimately he is finally caught with his back against the wall.

it's his brother or some shit I dunno Redeem or smite?
>>
>>46263162

Redeem with your dick!
>>
>>46259613
>>secret societies of monster worshippers who control various aspects of society, culture, and the government

There is no conspiracy to fill traditional games with monstergirls. Characters in fiction and gaming communities simply change with respect to the latest cultural values. But you capotain-tipping puritan fucks always blame imaginary That GM boogeymen when people start hating you for the rage you exude. As long as you continue to refuse act like fun-having human beings, people will keep noticing.

But of course, you will keep blaming imaginary "/d/eviants", "that guys" and "magical realms" when you the public hates you for the scum you are. And let's not even get started on how you all react to games becoming more popular and easily accessible.

Didn't work out as funny as I hoped but eh.
>>
File: GF13-066NO_Nether_Gundam_Front.png (211 KB, 300x472) Image search: [Google]
GF13-066NO_Nether_Gundam_Front.png
211 KB, 300x472
>>46254526
>Windmill
>>
>>46252431
>local chaurch softball games
>Dana Miller, a 40 something father with 2 lovely kids is up to the plate, known for being the 4rth southpaw to join the congregations team.
>as the lobb comes to him, everything seems to slow down
>a bright fury erupts in his hands, the metal bat alights as latent power surfaces
>everything seems to stretch forever as the softball almost tears itself apart with the force the bat is hitting
>celestial light erupts from the contact, the softball is sent forward
>straight forward
>softball connects with the pitcher
>pitcher seems to fold over
>people seem to reactslowly as a server erupts
>Dana rushes over to try and help the already dead man
>main hero arrives as police come with equipment designed for criminals with powers
>Dana is taken away for manslaughter chargers (maybe more)
>spends a year+ in superjail, his powers progressing
>startss praying to his god, who he soon hears talking back
>his powers have progressed passed his knowledge as he is now talking to malicious spirits
Etc. Etc.
>>
>>46252431
A ruthless scheming Mage Merchant Princess, trying to overthrow the kings and emperors and many kingdoms and forge a new capitalist state run by a three-fold system of Mages, Guilds, and the People

She should be a kind-hearted mother figure to her troops, but is ruthless and efficient in maintaining order and discipline. She will not hesitate to murder, cheat, deal or torture anyone in order to reach her goals, so long as she is convinced that it will not decrease her chances of winning

She will eternally try to convince the Knight that it is her cause that is just and it is the nobles that are wrong
>>
>>46253598
>>46253626
>>46253702
It's the plot of many things period, not just anime or vidya.
>>
>>46252431
Dragon
Demon
Fallen knight (bonus points for redeeming him/her)
Cheat/liar/scoundrel (you may also want to have a good-aligned rogue character as a sidekick)
Savage barbarian warlord
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.