[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ryuutama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: photo-original.jpg (806 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
806 KB, 1536x1152
I fell in love with this trpg and want to GM soon.

Anyone got tips, stories or inspo to share?

I've been thinking about not allowing magic. It seems cute at first but the high level stuff seems like it'll take the fun and challenge out of a lot of things. Alternatively I could come up with less useful and versatile spells for higher levels.
>>
>>46252199
Magic is strong, but MP shortage is a real thing. Plus aside from ighest of spells it doesn't really do anything a skill roll or an item couldn't accomplish. I haven't gotten to "cottage anywhere" and "feast anywhere" spells yet, but i'm not planning to use them much, since, as you said, it kinda feels ike a cheating.
But ultimately a good fix would be buffing strength and skill types instead. Or a gentleman's agreement/ some sort of limit on when you can use biggest rituals.
>>
>>46252199
Or you could just play the game and only deal with perceived problems if they actually show up.
>>
>>46252444
I'm not so keen on buffing the others as I like the low powerlevel. The spells you mentioned were the ones I had specifically in mind as being game breaking". The rainbow bridge too. All of these feel a little too grand and world bending for some villager on a picnic.
>>
>>46252635
I didn't pull that concern completely out of my ass. I've read it before. I just want to make sure no one is disappointed in their choice of character and ultimately the game but thanks for the input.
>>
Always bring a healer with you.
>>
>>46252199
OK, I've seen this a bit, and I'm kinda curious. What exactly IS it?
>>
>>46258492
Japanese rpg invented to introduce new people to the concept. Low on fighting and looting, highly comfy. Feel like Ghibli.
>>
>>46258492
It's a shared story telling game.

There are four Great dragons who support the world/seasons, and there a other lesser dragons that feed them. The Great Dragons eat stories. So the GM is one of these lesser dragons, sheparding travellers on a journey, throwing things at them for them to over come so it's a good tale.

They alter the world though magic.

Basically, a kinda walkabout RPG, crossed with Secret of Mana/Legend of Gaia etc.
>>
File: rl84.jpg (3 MB, 2500x1200) Image search: [Google]
rl84.jpg
3 MB, 2500x1200
>>46252444

Seriously, WHY do only Magic Types get high-level, scaling abilities while the other two types get nothing?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.