[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really enjoy W40K novels like the ones by Dan Abnett. And enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
I really enjoy W40K novels like the ones by Dan Abnett. And enjoy the video games.
What about the Warhammer novels? Are they the same thing but in a medieval setting?

I am getting interested since Total War:warhammer is coming out and looks fun.

Where do I start with Warhammer novels/lore?
>>
Start with the legend of sigmar.
Its pretty comfy.
>>
Gotrek and felix is probably the best entrance into the lore
>>
File: 126127547059.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
126127547059.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1200
>>46252098
>>46252105
Are those as gothic and horror as the Matthias Thulmann trilogy? (the reviews on amazon say so and i like the sound of over the top horror goth high adventure).
Sounds like the Eisenhorn trilogy of warhammer. Or like a more brutal The Witcher hero.

To be honest senpai I hesitate to into warhammer before I read more w40k novels. I feel overwhelmed by the w40k lore already.
>>
>>46252226
legend of sigmar is probably the closest you have to the Horus heresy in terms of warhammer FB lore.

Gotrek and felix has a somewhat lighter tone than Matthias Thulmann. If you want grim dark horror, look up Luthor Huss, and Warrior Priest. Those are very good and convey the grim dark tone of warhammer FB splendidly.
>>
>>46252390
will keep a note on those. thanx.
soo many good books to read..
>>
>>46252472
in general, I would advise you to read the books of the faction you want to play as in Total War.
I myself read the bretonnia and empire books.
>>
from what i've seen, WH novels in general range from pretty cool to really terrible, depending mostly on which random guy is writing.

head down to your local chain bookstore like Barnes and Nobles on a Saturday, grab a pile of WH books that look decent, read the first chapters, pick the ones you like.
>>
>>46252877
the books depend on their tweests desu. But a few of them describe the world well. Blood on the reik is grimdark and yet comfy.
>>
>>46252063
I'd recommend headtaker depending on how much you like skaven
>>
I don't have my collection to hand but I don't recall any Warhammer fantasy books I've read and not enjoyed.
If you want another series focusing on a single character then you might want to check out the Brunner the bounty hunter series, especially if you are into the manga/anime series berserk.
>>
How are the ulrika books? Do we get to learn cool stuff about the vampires?
>>
>>46253254

I've heard dodgy things about Ulrika the character, but decent things about the books otherwise. That said, I've only ever read one WHFB book (something Empire v. Chaos, IIRC), so don't take my word for it.
>>
>>46257158
I see.

Can we just discuss about BL books then? I really want to do that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.