[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beleaguered Prince Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 16
File: Beleaguered Prince Quest.jpg (77 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Beleaguered Prince Quest.jpg
77 KB, 750x600
Twitter: @BeleagueredQM
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/FEc6v8FP

===============

Your name is Prince Meirion auk Gwyrren, and you're the second prince of Gwyrddarfordir.

When you're royalty, you've got everything: money, women, fame, power, and respect. All you have to do is deal with whatever problem gets thrown your way, like…

>"How dare the King of Svekka endorse the death penalty? To war!"

Your father King Gerad auk Gwyrren, who doesn't understand the concept of casus belli.

>"How dare the barons demand tribute from the people? If they want wheat, they can harvest it themselves!"

Your brother Crown Prince Haul auk Gwyrren, who doesn't understand the concept of taxes.

>"I will not wear a dress! Such things are frivolous and wasteful! A royal's duty is to wage war from the front lines!"

Your sister Princess Nesta auk Gwyrren, who doesn't understand what a princess' job is.

>"Royal brother, I have the utmost confidence in Baron Reever auk Slotterton and his Bloodmakers' ability to resolve this conflict peacefully."

And your evil uncle Prince Aled auk Gwyrren, who wants to take over the kingdom.

Bottom line? It's your job to keep the Gwyrren bloodline from collapsing, because if you don't, it'll be your head on the chopping block.

Fortunately, you're not alone. Myrrdin, your advisor and spymaster, and Olwen auk Vaughan, your paladin bodyguard, are both there to help you shoulder the kingdom's burdens.

Besides, unlike everyone else in your family, you're fairly competent. Throughout the capital city of Aurwain, you're known as…

> The Throne Prince [Sovereign Skill +2]
> The Victorious Prince [Military Skill +1, Intrigue Skill +1]
> The Golden Prince [Dilettante Skill +1, Merchant Skill +1]
> The Sorcerer Prince [Alchemy Skill +1, Enchantment Skill +1]
>>
> The Sorcerer Prince [Alchemy Skill +1, Enchantment Skill +1]

Magic all day every day.
>>
>>46251469
The Victorious Prince
>>
>>46251469
> The Victorious Prince [Military Skill +1, Intrigue Skill +1]
If worst comes to worst we can always take the kingdom by force.

>Myrrdin, your advisor and spymaster,
Merlin's out and about too, eh?
>>
>>46251469
>The Victorious Prince [Military Skill +1, Intrigue Skill +1]
>>
>>46251748
I was in the move for something Welsh.

Moving onwards to victory!
>>
>>46251812
Damn it, meant mood. At least I'm not fucking up the story posts. Yet.
>>
>>46251469
>> The Victorious Prince [Military Skill +1, Intrigue Skill +1]
>>
>>46251469
>> The Victorious Prince [Military Skill +1, Intrigue Skill +1]
>>
File: Meirion2.png (163 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Meirion2.png
163 KB, 500x281
>>46251469
The people of Aurwain call you the Victorious Prince. You participated in your first campaign at the age of 15 and in the following 5 years, you managed to score half a dozen victories. Your older brother and sister are also involved in the military, but they spend most of their time fighting on the front lines, and their knowledge of little things like tactics and strategy is… lacking. They're more like figureheads than anything, but fortunately, you're there to pick up the slack.

It's another sunny morning in the royal capital. You sit on your private balcony and enjoy some tea while the sun rises and the city gets to work.

"Myrddin, did you put whiskey in my tea again?" You couldn't help but notice that your daily morning beverage was a little alcoholic.

"Good man!" You beam proudly and pat him on the back. Whatever the problem is today, you don't want to face it sober.

"Your highness, please refrain from indulging yourself too much." As always, Olwen complains about your habits. It's quite unfair, really. It's not your fault that alcohol is the only thing that makes the headaches go away.

"It's just a little whiskey, Olwen." Your protest draw a twitching eyebrow from your bodyguard. "I'll be fine within the hour. Speaking of which, what's my schedule today?"

"Your father needs to adjudicate a dispute between the Barons Callad and Glennoch, a group of merchants from Svekka wish to meet with the Crown Prince to discuss trade, and your sister wishes to go hunting with the nobles' daughters." Myrddin dutifully lists the event of the day for you. "I could, of course, arrange for you to handle some of these matters, if you want to take care of them yourself."

>"I can deal with the dispute between Callad and Glennoch."
>"I'll meet with the merchants. I doubt my brother would know what to do with them."
>"I'll meet the nobles' daughters. I wouldn't want their day to be ruined before noon."
>>
>>46252067
>>"I can deal with the dispute between Callad and Glennoch."
>>
>"I can deal with the dispute between Callad and Glennoch."
>>
>>46252067
>>"I can deal with the dispute between Callad and Glennoch."
>>
File: Myrddin1.png (87 KB, 300x403) Image search: [Google]
Myrddin1.png
87 KB, 300x403
>>46252067
"I can deal with the dispute between Callad and Glennoch," you say. "We need to keep our vassals satisfied. The others will have to fend for themselves."

"Yes, your highness."

You finish breakfast and Myrddin leads you to the meeting room where the Barons of Callad and Glennoch are currently shouting at each other. You can hear them from the other side of the castle. Olwen follows behind you, her eyes sharp and her hand on her rapier's hilt.

You stand before the room and take a deep breath to get ready. You open the door with a shove and step in.

"I won't starve my people for a piece of paper!"

"And I won't allow you to go back on our agreement!"

The argument has been going back and forth for nearly an hour.

>1/2
>>
>>46252689
"Gentlemen, welcome to Aurwain!" You speak loudly to get the Barons' attention. They turn towards you and as soon as they recognize you, they stand and bow.

"Greetings, your highness," they say.

"Myrddin, can you tell me what the problem is?" You ask your advisor. Asking the barons would just cause another argument.

"Callad agreed to sell a set amount of wheat to Glennoch every year," Myrddin says. "Unfortunately, this year's crop was particularly poor, and Callad can barely afford to feed its people. Glennoch's position isn't much better, however."

"I'll admit that we both need that wheat," the Baron of Glennoch says. "But that doesn't change the letter of our agreement."

The Baron of Callad opens his mouth to speak, but you hold up your hand to forestall another argument.

>[Sovereign Skill/Hard] "The agreement has been signed by both parties, and you knew this could happen. Callad will sell its wheat to Glennoch."
>[Sovereign Skill/Tricky] "Callad has no wheat to spare at the moment. Glennoch will have to find food elsewhere."
>[Sovereign Skill/Easy] "The kingdom's coffers are available to both Callad and Glennoch in their time of need."
>[Merchant Skill/Tricky] "Glennoch will buy its wheat at a higher price. Callad can use the extra coin to buy food from its neighbours. Next year's price will be reduced accordingly."
>>
>>46252710
>[Sovereign Skill/Easy] "The kingdom's coffers are available to both Callad and Glennoch in their time of need."

We got no skills to back us up on this.
>>
>>46252710
Hmm. We're good at none of those things. Going hunting probably would've given us prompts that are suited to the skills we have, but this is more important.

>>[Sovereign Skill/Easy] "The kingdom's coffers are available to both Callad and Glennoch in their time of need."
Assuming, of course, that our idiot family hasn't drained those coffers for some reason or another.
>>
>>46252710
>[Sovereign Skill/Tricky] "Callad has no wheat to spare at the moment. Glennoch will have to find food elsewhere."
>>
>>46252710
>>[Sovereign Skill/Easy] "The kingdom's coffers are available to both Callad and Glennoch in their time of need."
>>
>>46252710
If the government can't provide for its people, it doesn't need to exist.
>>
>>46252710
>[Sovereign Skill/Hard] "The agreement has been signed by both parties, and you knew this could happen. Callad will sell its wheat to Glennoch."
Use that money to buy wheat from other barons, god damn, this shit ain't that hard.
>>
File: Meirion.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Meirion.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>46252710
"The kingdom's coffers are available to both Callad and Glennoch in their time of need," you say with a confident smile. "If you can provide me with a list of what you need, I'll do my best to provide it."

The two barons look at you and consider your effort. It's not a permanent solution - the kingdom won't be able to pay them every year if the crops don't improve - but it's what they need right now and they can figure the rest out later.

>Roll 1d12, best of three.

>Here's how dice rolls work.

>Each of your skills has a level.
>If your skill's level is equal to a task's difficulty you roll 1d8.
>If your skill's level is higher than a task's difficulty, you roll a bigger dice (1d10 or 1d12).
>If your skill's level is lower than a task's difficulty, you roll a smaller dice (1d6 or 1d4).
>No matter what dice you roll, you need to get a 4 or higher.
>Critfails only come into play if you roll a 1 and all dice fails.
>Critical success occur if you roll a 10 or above.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d12)

>>46253051
>>
Rolled 3 (1d12)

>>46253051
>>
Rolled 3 (1d12)

>>46253051
>>
Are we Slaine?
God help us.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d12)

>>46253051
>>
File: Olwen1.jpg (647 KB, 1011x1318) Image search: [Google]
Olwen1.jpg
647 KB, 1011x1318
>>46253051
The two barons nod.

"If the crown is willing to take responsibility for this, we have no reason to refuse," the Baron of Glennoch says. The two nobles hand a list of items to Myrddin, who quickly glances at it. He stuffs the list in his robes and gives you an affirming nod.

"Thank you for your cooperation," you say. "Please, stay in Aurwain a few days and enjoy yourselves."

The barons bow and you take your leave. As you walk away, Olwen leans in to whisper in your ear.

"So, where are you going to find the money to pay for that food?"

That is an excellent question. The kingdom can afford it, but you do need to prepare for unforeseen expenses.

>"Let's see if I can scam my uncle."
>"Are those merchants still around?"
>"Are those nobles back from their hunting trip?"
>"Let's go to the library. Maybe we'll find some opportunities in the monthly reports."
>>
>>46253318
if not
>"Let's see if I can scam my uncle."
>our bodyguard is Asuna
hoo boy
>>
>>46253318
>>"Are those merchants still around?"
>>
>>46253318
>>
>>46253318
Merchants, if not let's scam our unlce.
>>
>>46253318
>>
File: Merchant.jpg (33 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Merchant.jpg
33 KB, 620x349
>>46253318
"Are those merchants still around?" You ask.

"I think so," Myrddin says. "They wanted permission to sell Svekkan gemstones in Gwyrddarfordir. I doubt they managed to get a good deal from your brother, but if everything's settled, you won't be able to change it."

"Just because they came here to sell gemstones doesn't mean they don't have anything else to sell," you say. "It won't hurt to talk to them and sound them out."

"Indeed, your highness." Myrddin nods in approval.

The merchants are still around, but their negotiations are done. However, their boss does agree to meet with you. You arrange for a maid to come by with a light lunch.

"Greetings, your highness," the merchant says. "Your brother spoke quite highly of you. Tell me, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

"Since you're here, I was hoping we could discuss business opportunities," you say. "I'm always looking for ways to nurture Gwyrddarfordir's trade."

The merchant smiles softly. You smell of desperation and he knows it. Still, he is a merchant, so as long as there's money to be made, he'll be happy to help you out.

"Do you have any concrete ideas in mind, your highness?"

>1/2
>>
>>46253923
You have a few. Gwyrddarfordir is about a thousand miles of land along the coast, but it's not very deep and there are few natural borders; wars and skirmishes are fairly common. You know which roads have the fewest tax inspectors, and you could sell that information to the merchant, but it would only be a short-term gain.

You could also arrange for the Svekkans to establish a joint venture with Gwyrden merchants. For example, they could trade goods to each other below market value, and sell them in their respective countries at inflated prices. That would help Gwyrddarfordir in the long term.

You could also offer Gwyrddarfordir's services as an intermediary between Svekka and Parlan. Parlan has quite a few reagents for alchemy and enchantments which are not available elsewhere, but which do make their way to Gwyrddarfordir via maritime trade. Those goods would be worth quite a bit of money in Svekka, but it would be an uncertain deal.

>[Intrigue/1d10] "I could let you know about some of the more… profitable roads."
>[Merchant/1d8] "I could help you set up a joint venture with Gwyrden merchants."
>[Merchant/1d4] "I could arrange for you to have access to Parlan reagents."

>I'll ask for a roll after I call the vote. I just want to give you a better idea of the difficulty.
>>
>>46253944
>[Merchant/1d8] "I could help you set up a joint venture with Gwyrden merchants."
>>
>>46253944
>>
>>46253944
Could we choose more than one option?

For instance, attempt to sweeten the joint venture deal with the route information?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

>>46253944
>[Merchant/1d4] "I could arrange for you to have access to Parlan reagents."
>>
>>46254064
These options are mutually exclusive. Either either you go for corruption and accept a bribe in exchange for telling the merchant how to avoid taxes, or you keep things legit and get the money you need by slightly increasing trade.
>>
>>46253944
>>46254133
In that case, voting for
We're in this for the long-term.
>>
File: Meirion7.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Meirion7.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
>>46253944
"How about this." You lean in in a conspiratorial manner. "I can facilitate a deal with some Gwyrden merchants. Say, you buy our silverium at a fraction of the market price and in exchange, you sell us sunstones at a comparable discount. You can sell the silverium in Svekka at a much higher price and still make profits."

"Is that legal?" The merchant asks.

"Crown custom places strict limits on foreign investments, or else this would be easier," you say. "However, controlling the price of goods is well within my authority."

"The main difficulty of these deals is that it will take some time before you can make profits," Myrddin said. "However, if you can sell the products, you'll definitely make a profit. In addition, the prince can guarantee the deal and ensure that our side doesn't renege on the agreement."

The merchant considers your offer.

>Roll 1d8, best of three.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>46254347
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>46254347
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>46254347
>>
>>46254347
"That sounds like a good deal to me," the merchant says. "I'll be staying at the White Stag Inn for the next few days. You can contact me there."

"Excellent." You smile and shake the merchant's hand. "I'll have my advisor contact a few people. Once you've come to a satisfactory arrangements, just send a message to the palace and I'll put my seal on it."

With that arrangement, you've saved the kingdom twice in one day. Sort of. At least you improved things a bit. Only time will tell how much your efforts paid off.

"What do you want to do next, your highness?" Olwen asks. "It's still early, and you don't have any work left. You could relax for a bit."

>"Olwen, how about we spar a bit?"
>"Myrddin, how about a game of chess?"
>"I suppose I should pay a visit to my brother."
>"I suppose I should pay a visit to my sister."
>>
>>46254566
A game of chess, fuck the rest of our family.
>>
>>46254566
>>
>>46254566
>>
>>46254566
while
speed chess specifically.
>>
>>46254566
And then we're out for the rest of the day with a gaping sword wound to the chest.
>>
>>46254612
Anon, are you proposing we invent chess boxing?
>>
>>46254566

>>46254598
>>46254608
We going for the wincest path already?
>>
>>46254665
nope battlefield emulation, fighting off an opponent while attempting to be tactically viable in combat via holding a mental picture of units on the battlefield and commanding them to move in timely manner.
>>
>>46254682
Meeting her just to make sure she doesn't aggrevate the nobles' daughters and cause more internal unrest.
>>
>>46254682
yes
>>
File: Olwen5.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Olwen5.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
>>46254566
"I have an idea!"

Five minutes later, the three of you are standing in your private fencing room.

"This is a terrible idea," Olwen says.

"No, no." Myrddin quickly silences her. "This way we could to see him lose twice."

"I'm perfectly capable of fencing and playing chess at the same time," you say. "This is a necessary skill for the battlefield."

"Unless you run out of breath and can't command or fight anymore," Olwen says. "And aren't you always complaining that your siblings won't command from the back like they're supposed to."

"I need to be ready to deal with any situation that might arise on the battlefield," you say.

"Fine, let's do this." Olwen sighs and retrieves her fencing rapier. Although it's not as sharp as a true weapon, it's still enhanced for speed thanks to wind mana.

Not far from you, Myrddin snickers and sets the chessboard.

You hold up your own practice blade in a salute. "I'm ready when you are."

>Choose your strategy for fencing:
>[Military/1d8] Stay on the defensive and wait for an opening.
>[Military/1d6] Fight Olwen head-on.

>Choose your strategy for chess:
>[Military/1d8] Play an orthodox game. You can't afford to get distracted.
>[Military/1d6] See if you can lure Myrrdin into a trap. There's nothing wrong with being tricky.
>>
>>46255044
>[Military/1d6] See if you can lure Myrrdin into a trap. There's nothing wrong with being tricky.
>>
>>46255044
>>
>>46255067
>>46255069
yes these

I'm not a robot
>>
>>46255044
>[Military/1d8] Play an orthodox game. You can't afford to get distracted.
Just because we're doing something ridiculous doesn't mean we have to be stupid about it. Adopt the right tactics for the situation.
>>
>>46255044

>we are the only hope for our family/kingdom
>come up with this idea
And then our kingdom collapsed.
>>
>>46255092
Ikr, fkin creeepy. Second one is me.
>>
>>46255044
So how are we even going to move the pieces? Do we just shout out our move and have Myrddin move them for us? Does he shout out his own move so we know where he went, or do we have to maneuver ourselves while fighting to see the board?

How the fuck does this stupid thing work?
>>
>>46255165
we have a squire servant move our pieces for us as we call out things like pawn to e6 and Myrdin does us the same courtesy.
>>
File: Meirion5.png (136 KB, 281x719) Image search: [Google]
Meirion5.png
136 KB, 281x719
>>46255044
You can hold out against Olwen for a bit, but against Myrddin, a long battle is to your advantage. You need to defend against her while trying to trick him into leaving his king exposed.

"E2 to E4!" You call out your opening move just as Olwen charges at you. You managed to deflect her thrust at the last second and hold your footing steady as she tries to push you back.

Myrddin laughs at your predicament. "G7 to G5."

>Roll 1d8 and 1d6, best out of three for each.
>>
Can we bang the sister game of thrones style?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>46255345
Fightan
>>
>>46255355
You'd have to at least meet her first.

Although I guess that's bound to happen eventually.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>46255345
Have at you!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

Battle of the minds!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>46255345
Tacticans
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>46255345
>>46255395
The banging or the meeting?
>>
>>46255424
The meeting. Everything else is optional.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

>>46255345
>>
>>46255405
>>46255508
We cleared both challenges. Not bad anons. Victorious Prince indeed.

>>46255424
Olwyn is better.
>>
File: Myrddin7.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Myrddin7.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>46255345
The strain of keeping up with both Olwen and Myrddin takes its toll, especially when the screeching of steel against steel gets louder than Myrddin's movements, but in the end, you prevail.

You sacrifice your bishop to trap Myrddin's queen. The game of chess soon turns to your favour after that and Myrddin concedes the game in your favour.

Olwen puts up a better effort, but she overextends herself when performing an attack against your torso. You're able to step in and throw her off-balance. The match ends with your blade at her neck.

"I can't believe you actually managed to pull that off," Olwen says. "Now I'm going to need a drink."

"I must say, I'm more than a little surprised," Myrddin says.

"They call me the Victorious Prince for a reason," you say. "Besides, you two wouldn't follow my orders if I was incompetent."

"I suppose that's true," Olwen agrees grudgingly. She gets up and wipes the sweat off her brow and neck. "And it was a little interesting. Maybe we can try it again."

You're interrupted when a servant arrives to summon you to the throne room, where your father is waiting. You weren't expecting to meet your father formally today, but it's not too unusual for him to consult the family on certain issues.

"Would you like us to accompany you?" Myrddin asks.

>"You might as well. This might be important."
>"You two have worked enough for one day. I can take care of this myself."
>>
>>46255654
>>"You might as well. This might be important."

Ten florins it's uncle causing trouble, since we've not heard a peep from him all day.
>>
>>46255654
>"You might as well. This might be important."
>>
>>46255654
>>
>>46255654
>>
>>46255654
>>
File: Gerad4.jpg (73 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Gerad4.jpg
73 KB, 1024x576
>>46255654
You shrug and pick up a towel to make yourself as presentable as possible. "You might as well," you say. "This might be important."

"Ugh, why did this have to happen now?" Olwen grumbles and tosses her own towel aside. "I hate going to court like this."

"No one will notice how you look," Myrddin assures her.

You take the lead, while Myrddin and Olwen follow behind you. The doors to the throne room are wide open, but the usual nobles and attendants are absent. Only your father, siblings and uncle are there, waiting for you.

"Ah, Meirion, you're here," your father, King Gerad, says as you arrive. "Good. I've received some troubling news."

"Father, what happened?" You ask.

"There have been pirates along the North River," the king says. "They've been harming innocent merchants and sailors. I want to send a military force to deal with them. One of you will be in command."

Naval battles aren't quite your expertise, but you've been to a few. You should be able to deal with this. Of course, you aren't the only one here.

>1/2
>>
File: Nesta4.jpg (187 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Nesta4.jpg
187 KB, 1280x1024
>>46256183
Your sister Nesta's eyes light up immediately. "Father, please put me in command of this expedition! I will not fail you!"

"Brother, this is an important matter," your uncle, his face twisted into a mocking grin. Seriously, how can no one else notice he's a total bastard? "It would be more proper to handle this myself."

Your older brother Haul, for his part, smiles politely. "Father, I'm afraid I have prior arrangements," he says. "I won't be able to go."

And that just makes no sense. Haul has never excused himself from a military expedition as far as you can remember.

"Myrddin, what do you think?" You ask your advisor.

"I haven't heard anything from my usual sources," he says. "This probably is just pirates. If you take care of it personally, you can assure a better outcome for the kingdom, but if your uncle or sister go, they won't be causing problems here."

>[Military/1d12] Your uncle should go. You want him out of your way for a while.
>[Military/1d10] Your sister should go. You want to keep an eye on your uncle.
>[Military/1d10] You should go yourself.
>[Intrigue/1d4] Your brother should go, if only because it's suspicious that he doesn't want to.
>>
>>46256203
>[Military/1d10] Your sister should go. You want to keep an eye on your uncle.
Her motive here is pretty clear - she just wants to fight. We can't really trust anyone else to not pull some shit while out there, and we need to keep tabs on everyone else.
>>
>>46256203
>>[Military/1d10] Your sister should go. You want to keep an eye on your uncle.

>>46256311
good point
>>
>>46256203
>>[Military/1d10] Your sister should go. You want to keep an eye on your uncle.
>>
>>46256203
>>[Intrigue/1d4] Your brother should go, if only because it's suspicious that he doesn't want to.

Let's put that Intrigue skill to use
>>
>>46255654
We actually beat them? Time to replace our advisors with people who are competent.
>>
File: Nesta7.jpg (964 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
Nesta7.jpg
964 KB, 2480x3508
>>46256203
You step forward to voice your opinion. "Father, I think it would be best for Princess Nesta to deal with this problem," you say.

Your sister at you with her eyes filled with gratitude and admiration. She causes problems in the capital, but she's mostly benign. It's more important for you to clean up after your brother and uncle.

Meanwhile, your uncle glowers at you.

>Roll 1d10, best of three.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>46256586
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>46256586
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>46256586
>>
File: Aled3.jpg (35 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Aled3.jpg
35 KB, 225x350
>>46256586
"Meirion's words have merit," the king says. "Nesta, take a dozen frigates and patrol the North River until these pirates have been dealt with."

"Yes, your majesty!" Nesta salutes the king proudly.

"Your majesty, I must ask you to reconsider," your uncle Aled grumbles. "The princess is much too young to deal with a problem like this."

"Royal uncle, you don't need to worry!" Nesta says. "This will be my eighth campaign and although I have had some difficulties in the past, I'm certain that I can deal with this."

"I have faith in my daughter," the king says. "If the situation changes, I may reconsider. Until then, I will leave this matter to her."

Your uncle sighs and relents.

"I'm sure your decision is the correct one, your majesty," your brother says. "Nesta will not fail us."

The king dismisses the court for the day. Nesta has her preparations to make, while your brother Haul returns to his own chambers.

>Visit your sister.
>Visit your brother.
>Visit your uncle.
>>
>>46256813
>>Visit your brother.
>>
>>46256813
>>Visit your uncle.
or
>Visit your brother.

One was far to eager to go, the other not eager enough.
>>
>our sister is Saber
Time for wincest.
Though Nero is best Saber.
Red>Black>White>Blue

>>46256813
>Visit your sister.
>>
>>46256813
>Visit your brother.
Try to glean what Haul's 'prior engagements' were.
>>
>>46256813
>Uncle is Degwin Zabi

Does that make us Garma?
>>
>>46256813
>Visit your uncle.
It would be so much easier to give him what he wants if he actually TOLD us....even if it'll never be the long term result he wishes for.
>>
>>46256813
>>Visit your sister.
Maybe we can give her some advice?
>>
What if our uncle wasn't actually evil, but simply competent like us, recognizes what a threat our family is to the strength and stability of the nation, and simply wants the throne to protect our once great nation? His actions and methods are questionable, but his intentions are pure?
>>
>>46257151
nah, he's evil
dude would shit on a puppy while popping a little girl's balloon.
>>
File: Haul10.jpg (33 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
Haul10.jpg
33 KB, 500x391
>>46256813
You decide to visit your brother before he turns in for the night and you make a note to pay a visit to your uncle and sister as well in the morning. You should be able to make time before Nesta has to leave. As always, Olwen and Myrddin follow you dutifully.

You knock on your brother's door and he invites you into his room, although you don't bother to make yourself comfortable. You don't plan on letting this take too long.

"Brother, I'm surprised you didn't want to go on the expedition," you say. "You're usually much bolder."

"As I said, I had a prior arrangement," Haul says.

"Come now, you can't leave me hanging like this."

"I assure you, it's a very delicate matter," Haul says. "This is something that will undoubtedly affect the future of the entire kingdom. All that I can say is that it involves a woman."

You laugh cheerfully. "Brother, congratulations," you say. "I was wondering how much longer you would take. You're getting a little old for this."

"It takes time to find the right person." Haul shrugs. "You'll understand when the time comes for you as well."

"In that case, I won't bother you any longer," you say.

"Good night, brother."

As you return to your chambers, you speak with Olwen and Myrddin about what your brother told you.

"I don't suppose either of you know about my brother's mystery woman?" You ask.

"I don't keep up with the palace gossip," Olwen says.

"I do keep up with the palace gossip, but I haven't heard anything," Myrddin says. "None of the nobles or foreign dignitaries have been paying special attention to him. This is quite sudden."

"Oh well, I'm sure it won't be an issue," you say. "We'll just investigate while Nesta's away to make sure there aren't any problems."

Your brother has his issues, but he is an upright man. At least you're certain this won't end with a scandalous pregnancy. That's more than a lot of nobles can say.
>>
File: 1458775013107.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1458775013107.gif
2 MB, 500x209
>>46257151
>>46257205
>>
>>46257448
This is a good spot to end things for today. I'll run the next session tomorrow at around 7PM EST. You can check my Twitter account for the announcement.

I'll be checking the thread on and off for a bit in case people have any questions. It looks like we got a decent crowd going, so this should be fun.

On a side note, I was expecting /tg/ to go deal with the pirates personally, so I'll have to adjust my plans a bit. That's all part of the fun.
>>
>>46257536
this was good shit, BQM. I'll keep following this.
>>
UNCLE DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>46257536
Well we're the only one keeping the kingdom going, so if we're away that means we have a mess to clean up later. Uncle wants to go which means he shouldn't, bro doesn't want to and convincing him was nigh impossible. That left us or sis. She can handle pirates and if its something more her subordinates will call for help while she charges it.

So what sorts of obvious evil shit has uncle done? Sis have any suitors? How about us?
>>
>>46257711
>So what sorts of obvious evil shit has uncle done?

His main deal is corruption and extortion. He puts his cronies in administrative positions or arranges for them to obtain land so that it benefits his own territory somehow by allowing him to control trade. I want to show more of him in the next few threads.

>Sis have any suitors? How about us?
Traditionally, the Crown Prince has to get married first, so Meirion and Nesta don't have any official suitors yet.
>>
>>46257918
How many unofficial suitors? Since rules won't stop politics. How many girls has bro shot down? Any really bad eggs?
>>
>>46257918
>allowing him to control trade
What if he's just trying to ensure it is properly managed and guided???
>>
>implying we'll let anyone have our Oneechan
Suitors are gonna 'mysteriously' disappear when they start getting too familiar with our sister.
>>
>>46258132
Not really. Any man able to handle her is welcome to her. Problem is no man seems up to the task.
>>
>>46258181
>implying anon won't try to make us that man
>>
>>46258207
Bad match for the kingdom and his chivalric spirit wouldn't allow it. Our entire family sans uncle are lawful good/lawful stupid paladins. We're a warlord.
>>
>>46257536
So is there any chance we can just force a war for the crown once farther dies? And simply take it by force with our military tact?
>>
>>46258043
Olwen wants the D, but her position isn't quite high enough for her to be the legal wife and she and Meirion both know it.

>>46258282
That is a possibility. It probably won't happen any time, but it could happen eventually.
>>
>>46258282
We could but why would we? We just do the same shit for bro we're doing for pops. Less assassins sent after us this way too.

>>46258334
Any other characters we meet that are vying for our hand? Or our sisters? I imagine they'll come out of the woodwork in both cases if bro gets hitched. Also how much higher would she need to be?
>>
>>46258456
>Any other characters we meet that are vying for our hand? Or our sisters?

It'll be really obvious if/when you meet them.

>Also how much higher would she need to be?

She's going to be a marquess if she inherits, but she'd have to be a duchess or, ideally, a foreign noble. Marriages to the crown are about securing loyalty, so you want people who can raise decent armies. It can be seen as threatening if a lower noble marries into the royal family, since they might make a move on their direct liege.
>>
>>46258815
did we get anything for our military 2x roll bullshittery?
>>
>>46257448
It's a dude, calling it now.
>>
>>46258903
You got 30XP in one go, which is just a little less than getting lucky on a 1d4.
>>
>>46258950
how much exp do we need for a level up? what level are we and what are our skill levels?
>>
>>46258984
I might as well post the updated list. It'll be in the pastebin as well tomorrow.

Sovereign: Level 1 (5/100 XP)
Military: Level 2 (37/200 XP)
Intrigue: Level 2
Merchant: Level 1 (12/100 XP)
Dilettante: Level 1
Enchantment: Level 1
Alchemy: Level 1

Basically, the harder the task, the more XP you get if you succeed. The results in the story will usually be better as well, so you can decide whether or not taking a chance with a more difficult roll is worth the risk.
>>
>>46259047
What's this Dilettante skill?
>>
>>46259127
Being a fashionable derp.
>>
>>46259127
Arts, science, philosophy, charm, that sort of thing. It's a Renaissance Man skill for things that will probably come up, but that don't really fit in one of the other skills.
>>
>>46259172
so being a man of class and taste?
>>
>>46259215
Basically, yeah.
>>
Though it's funny, since a Dilettante is literally someone cultivating those things but is a fake and doesn't REALLY know them.
>>
>>46259047
so what do those levels mean in comparison? Is a 1 like basic mastery 2 above average 3 good 4 elite etc?
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.