[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 27
File: file.png (281 KB, 528x594) Image search: [Google]
file.png
281 KB, 528x594
Who the fuck are they kidding?
>>
>The Dark Angels actually wanting to destroy the Space Wolves

Wow.
>>
>>46248062
No one, it seems like a very self aware joke. Cheer up.
>>
>>46248216
If it's a self aware joke, wouldn't they be kidding everyone?
>>
>>46248062
They got the odds perfectly backwards.
>>
File: 20100311160253.jpg (84 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
20100311160253.jpg
84 KB, 800x500
>>46248062
>0,1% chance of them surviving
I mean as if what was going to happen wasn't obvious enough.
>>
>>46248062
>Implying they would ever get the green light on destroying the most special snowflake of chapters
That said it's a cute joke, well done BL you made me smile.

Also the fuck does 20/1 come before 10/1
>>
>>46248062
>GW ever capable of letting their most Mary Sue of all chapters ever suffer some kind of retribution.
>>
This does nothing to make me rethink GW assumes their only customers are <14.

>>46248062
Rest assured child, they're fully aware the events of the setting don't change (baring retcons, which to hate have fulfilled the saying of "the more things change, the more they stay the same" to the letter).

They probably came to this realisation sometime between the late 1980s and now, so I don't think I can hold it against you since you probably weren't born.
>>
>>46248062
>100000% chance they survive
Odds looking pretty ok.
>>
>>46253019

Maybe it was supposed to be 100/1
>>
>>46248062
>50+33.3+20+5+10+0.1=118.4% chance of one of these options happening.
????
>>
>>46253667
They're betting odds, not probabilities you mongoloid
>>
>>46253667

Found the retard
>>
>>46253697
Makes sense.
>>
>>46249563

You've got to be kidding me!
>>
>>46253163
>most mary sue of all chapters
>not the gk

i guess
>>
>>46248062

>never tell me the odds
>jumps off exploding thing into other exploding things with a wolfen axe 'wolfbiter' in its wolf teeth for the wolf times
>>
>>46250286
Pretty sure that's the point, but I don't think the joke is as self aware as people are saying. I think OP had it right. They're trying to sell the idea, that they can't win, and then they do.
>>
>>46253667
I was surprised they didn't teach how odds worked at my school too, given how many of their parents worked for the T.A.B.
>>
>>46259255
wolf
>>
File: Surface is lost.png (719 KB, 825x631) Image search: [Google]
Surface is lost.png
719 KB, 825x631
>>46261655
According to the 7th ED codex and the Ragnar Blackmane novel,

The Wolves are on Cadia by the end of the timeline leading the Imperial forces against Abaddon's 13 Black Crusade. Logan is the High Marshal of the Imperial forces of the Cadian Gate. Ragnar and Ulrik are on Cadia with him.

Also a small note, Cadia's surface has been lost.

Why haven't anyone pointed this out on the Facebook page?
>>
>>46250336
This in fiction the more we tell you that something is improbable the more probable it becomes.
>>
>>46264546
Pratchett made good use of that old chestnut.
>>
They're bringing Leman Russ back, evidently. I guess this is their giant lead in to that. I wish 40k didn't make me cringe all the time.
>>
>>46264598
Are you sure about that?
Seems more like it'll get resolved with a Z grade character getting killed and everyone acting like it's a huge death
>>
>>46266173
>Seems more like it'll get resolved with a Z grade character getting killed and everyone acting like it's a huge death
I would say "its probably one they haven't updated the model for in years" and then I remembered Warhammer Fantasy and got sad.
>>
>>46266269
That seems likely, what with the head ethereal getting killed
>>
>>46266173
>>46266269
>THE WARP

>They would have made him their master. Beastlord. Wolfheart. The Wild King. They would have crowned him with savagery and robed him with hunger. He refused. He was not like them. Not yet.

>That truth pained him, he could not deny it. There was something inside, something in all of them, that refused to ever be tamed. While the hearth-fires burned low it would rather be hunting in the snow, while weapons lay at rest it would rather sink fang and claw deep into preyflesh. Even some of those he had known the longest had succumbed to it. Scarpelt and Harok, Haghmund and Olfar. Long-fangs and grey-pelts all, given over to the Beast Within. They said the same thing, each one of them. The Wolftime was coming. Leadership was needed. Would he join them?

>That was not his way, he reminded himself over and over. There was savagery, yes, but it was cold, calculated, unleashed only when the moment was right. The savagery the others now possessed burned bright, was blind to reason. It was the hungry rage that flung the wolf into the huntsman’s trap.

>They were late. The warp was playing its usual tricks, seeking to confound and infuriate them. Fury made the Beast stronger. It made more of his warriors turn. They had been bound for the Fenris System for what felt like a lifetime. The other Great Companies were already there, already fighting, already dying, already writing their sagas on Midgardia, Svellgard and Frostheim. The thought pushed him even closer to the edge. He took a long, shuddering breath, trying to clear his head.

>Soon they would be home. Whether it would be as beasts or as men, he did not know. There was only one certainty. He would make all those who defiled Fenris pay.

The short story from the new Warzone Fenris series ends with a mysterious being who is in the Warp monologuing to himself (see above). Who is he?!
>>
>>46266287
Ragnar, Ulrik, and Logan survive. That we know.

So nobody important is going to get killed.
>>
>>46266307
hmmm, seems interesting.
I haven't kept up with the supplement, could it be the 13th company
>>
>>46266351
The 13th company already returned.

This is something else.
>>
I pick option 7:
>It turns out that every single marine on Fenris is actually Alpha Legion.
>Over the last couple of centuries the Alpha Legion has been secretly switching out every Space Wolf for one of their own
>"Where did the Space Wolves go?" you ask.
>About all those "Alpha Legion" marines Abaddon has working for him...
>That's right, the Wolves are in your Eye of Terror, killing your dudes.

Alpha Legion and Space Wolves really would be a bromance for the ages. Schemingest legion + unpredictablest and damn killy chapter.
>>
File: file.png (487 KB, 868x565) Image search: [Google]
file.png
487 KB, 868x565
>>46266387
It's Bran Redmaw, sadly.
They're all part of his great company
>>
>>46266401
That would explain why they turned the SW into the "wolfy wolf wolf", so that everyone started to think they were retarded
>>
>>46266269
The problem with that is that the only character that hasn't gotten a relatively recent update is Ragnar (who'se still stuck with an ancient model), and he's both mentioned to be alive in the fluff related to the 13th Black Crusade and the main character of a book series. I suppose they could kill Njall, Wolfius Wolfborn or that terminator upgrade dude with the boomerang thunderhammer, as while they got relatively new models they're in finecast instead of plastic.

That, or they just kill one of the "literally who?" tier Wold Lords who are mentioned in the chapter organization chart but completely unknown to anybody but the most harcore Space Wolf fans.
That's probably the best options. Wolf players will mourn the loss of the complex and highly important character of Engir Ironwulf (described in all of two sentences on one page of the codex), or whatever, while nobody else gives a damn and the status quo stays the same, aside from replacing one dude's name in the next reprint of the codex.
>>
>>46250336

Nah, it only becomes inevitable if it's a million t' one shot, the Space Wolves are gonna have to give themselves a load of penalties to get the odds low enough that they become undefeatable again.
>>
>>46266437
>Sergeant

I though SW didn't have those. I should know, i play SW
>>
>>46266487
How does the 13th Black Crusade play out now given the new Wulfen changes? They started out as the lost company returned, using armour salvaged from Chaos marines and with only a minority of them giving in to the changes and warping out, and had something like three possible origins. Now they're something else entirely, with bike shorts, wifebeater vests and magic ice claws or something.
>>
>>46248062
1/1000 chance to survive. So one marine will remain and invariably rebuild the chapter.
>>
>>46248062
>2/1
>3/1
>5/1
>>20/1
>>10/1
>1,000/1
This bothers me.
>>
>>46266647
>1/1000 chance to survive. So one marine will remain and invariably rebuild the chapter.
I think it applies to the whole chapter, not each marine individually. So it's 99.9% that the entire chapter is destroyed, and 0.1% that the chapter is not destroyed.

Even if it was applied to each marine separately, and we assume 1000 marines who are equally likely to survive, *on average* one or more marines would survive. That would mean a 50% chance for one or more marines to survive, and 50% chance for no marines to survive.
>>
>>46266647
>>46267111
Wolves actually have considerably more than 1000 marines. I don't remember the exact numbers, but they never really broke up their legion (aside from one successor chapter than turned into a huge failure because apparently SW geneseed is only compatible with people from Fenris). I think they have at least 10 000 marines.
>>
>>46248062

Frankly they killed off the imperial fists and almost killed off the blood Angels so I wouldn't put it past the space wolves getting destroyed and a new "space wolves" being made out of the 13th company or something
>>
>>46267635
BL did that, not GW.
And even that was back in the 32nd millenium, not the turn of the 41st millenium
>>
>>46267535
Pure fancanon, anon.
The Great Companies number between 70-120 marines each, and there are 12 of them.
>>
>>46267655

>BL and GW are seperate entities

When will this meme end
>>
>>46267706
Yes, we all know GW owns BL, but BL is allowed some independence.
They get told to write a series about the beast, but they make up the details of it
>>
>>46248062
Why do people hate the SWs so much? They're about one of the most recognizable aspects of 40k when it was over the top
>>
>>46266307
The names are from bran redmaw company
>>
>>46267535
No, they don't you retard. Ragnar's Great Company is the biggest out of all the Space Wolves companies and it numbers 200
>>
I would very much like to see Black Library do the Alpha Legion choice if not only for the reason their "secrit schemes and masterfully genius plans" will be comedy gold.
>>
>>46266676
Good keep looking at it until you kill yourself
>>
>>46267535
No
If you include the various lost companies maybe 2000
>>
File: johan-grenier-wulfen11.jpg (689 KB, 1920x1374) Image search: [Google]
johan-grenier-wulfen11.jpg
689 KB, 1920x1374
>>46267796
Terrible, terrible writing alongside the fact that the more stuff you pile on to something the more you reach the point where you just have to call bullshit. Less is sometimes more, even in 40k. In fact, a lot of GW's recent fluff makes the same mistake and piles on details to make it seem super cool without understanding why the thing was cool in the first place.

>Space Marine (who are a bit bullshit on their own, but can fit the background bullshit levels of the universe most of the time)
>Viking Space Marines.
>Viking Space Marine Werewolves
>Viking Space Marine Werewolves who are also surprisingly compassionate
--(the point where most people seem to draw the line)--
>Viking Space Marine Werewolves who are surprisingly compassionate despite also being the Emperor's executioners
>Viking Space Marine Werewolves who fight Chaos on a genetic level but who are surprisingly compassionate despite also being the Emperor's personal executioners
>Viking Space Marine Werewolves who fight Chaos on a genetic level but are also surprisingly compassionate despite also being the Emperor's personal executioners and unique magical ice as weapons
>Viking Space Marine Werewolves who fight Chaos on a genetic level but are also surprisingly compassionate despite also being the Emperor's personal executioners and unique magical ice as weapons that they give to their obviously mutated soldiers...

Do you see what I mean? Although you can argue where the point is, there is a point where it just becomes too much. Its like GW are writing shit fan-fiction of their own setting and crowbarring in their special snowflake OCs as the most supercool badasses evah.
>>
>>46249563
Aren´t they with what they publish for the last couple of years?
>>
>>46267985
You forgot to squeeze "ride on giant wolves and wolf everytime they wolf wolf the wolf wolfwolf wolf wolfperor."
>>
>>46267985
They aren't compassionate despite being the emperor's executioners, they're compassionate because they stopped being his executioners
You need to read Wolf King
>>
>>46267985
>despite also being the Emperor's executioners

Russ told them to stop being the Emperor's executioners.

30K Wolves =/= 40K Wolves. I would argue that you should be smacked by a 6 pound fish for this mistake. That will learn you.
>>
>>46267985
Viking Space Marines is okay. Viking Space Marine Werewolves is already too much imo.
>>
>>46267682
>>46267955
Either the HH-era Wolves must've been an absolutely tiny legion or they've experience massive attrition between HH and 40k considering the average number of marines in a legion was 10 000 in the old fluff, and much higher in modern fluff, and the Wolves never really split up their legion.
>>
>>46268446
>absolutely tiny legion or they've experience massive attrition between HH and 40k
Both are true.
They had the second smallest legion after the Thousand Sons, and got decimated badly during the heresy (prospero, then got ambushed by the alphas, then got culled when they attempted to assault the vengeful spirit)
>>
>>46268438
Viking Space Marine Werewolves was OK when it was just the 13th company who had been lost in the Eye of Terror for ages, which had caused their geneseed to start mutating. Back then the rest of the SW were still Viking Marines with wolf-themed names for their units (grey hunter, long fangs, wolfguard etc.), instead of the modern SW who ride on giant wolves and wield wolfswords and wolfclaws (which are like regular power swords and lightning claws except better, because wolf).
>>
>>46268540
If you take anything in the 40k setting serious you have huge problems (and yes, this includes marines riding on wolves).
>>
>>46267635
What did they do to the fists?
>>
>>46268176
>Russ told them to stop being the Emperor's executioners.

Yeah but they couldn't then execute his order.
>>
>>46269057
Orks slaughter all but one marine, who forms the death watch.
Then he gets along with the remaining IF successor chapters and they enact the last wall protocol: if Terra itself is under attack the Imperial Fists legion is reformed.
How the Imperial Fists got back is still pending, with 8 more books to show it
>>
>>46268526
If they were the smallest, then why did Horus consider them the most dangerous military threat to his armies?
>>
>>46269114
Why did they think it'd be okay to kill off people's chapter and replace them with worthless fakes?
>>
>>46269115
small, but dangerous is the key word here.
Every other legion would pull out if casualties were too high or if victory seemed unreachable, but the space wolves would launch themselves again and again until either the target was dead or they were.
Plus, he never considered them the most dangerous, that was Guilliman and Ferrus
>>
>>46269131
Well they're still Imperial Fist geneseed, and it's basically how the Blood Angels series ended, only on a larger scale
>>
File: 1452671297017.jpg (92 KB, 309x420) Image search: [Google]
1452671297017.jpg
92 KB, 309x420
>>46269115

Horus, unlike the Emperor, hated furries.
>>
>>46269153
They're fakes.
>>
>>46269161
How so?
They're still basically the same geneseed, just in different paint schemes
>>
>>46269176
They're not the same chapter, they're some offshoot cosplaying. It's like if your son started pretending to be you.
>>
>>46269192
No, it's like a father had 5 sons and stayed at his heir's house, then he dies and the son inherits the house, only for it to be blown apart.
Then the other sons get together and start pretending to be the heir
>>
>>46269140
>‘I am clearing the board for the game to come,’ he said. ‘I am setting it out the way I want it. Two key obstacles to my ambitions are the Sons of Prospero and the Wolves of Fenris. The former is the only Legion that has lorecraft enough to hinder me magically; the latter is the only Legion dangerous enough to represent a genuine military threat. The Emperor’s sorcerers and the Emperor’s executioners. I have no wish to store up a fight with either for my future, so I have invested time and energy arranging events to turn them upon each other.’

Straight from Horus's mouth. He considered the Wolves the most dangerous.
>>
>>46269245
That wasn't Horus, that was the daemon pretending to be Horus.
Read the book again
>>
>>46269280
The daemon formerly known as Horus.
>>
>>46269280
Are you sure?
>>
>>46269311
Yean.
We are talking about Prospero Burns, at the end when Kasper finds out the truth about being manipulated by the daemon that changes shapes, correct?
>>
>>46269245
Also, Gulliman considered the Wolves one of the three Legions the Ultramarines could team up with to take on any other force in the galaxy.
>>
>>46269330
Just checked. You are correct.
>>
>>46269499
Yeah, in conjunction with the IF, BA and IH.
I admit they were a serious threat (seeing as it took three separate Legions in three separate engagements to cut them down to a manageable level), but Guilliman (who Horus trapped behind the Ruinstorm) and Ferrus (who he tried to convert) were bigger ones
>>
>>46248062
>Not 40,000/1
They missed the opportunity. Frankly, I'm disappointed.
>>
>>46269797
that's cheesy
>>
>>46269192

Actually even in M32 there are probably OG Imperial Fists in the successor chapters
>>
>>46248062
I hope Russ comes out of the Warp as a a fuckhuge wolfen primarch who just tears shit apart. That'd be nice.

Also someone catch me up on something. I recall the Canis Helix being something the Emperor put in Russ when he was a fetus, not Chaos. Is that still the case or is it Chaos' fault now?
>>
>>46267985
I still like the superhuman werewolves. I dislike wolf cavalry and chariots though. Thas silly.
>>
>>46264572
How?
>>
>>46270844
Emperor still put it, Chaos just mutates it as it always does
>>
>>46271015
There was one part, in "Guards! Guards!" I believe, where the characters take advantage that according to the rules of narrative causality if somebody mentions that a plan has one in a million chanse of succeeding, it's guaranteed to work. So when faced with some extremely low odds of success, they manipulate the situation until the chanse of success is precisely one in a million.
>>
>>46248062
Obviously they die out because Bjorn has enough and kills them all himself.
But yeah who would seriously believe that the wurrwilfs will die.
>inb4 they actually do
>>
>>46248180

>>46248180

Their entire Chapter, Librarians, Watchers in the Dark were all fooled by a lesser Daemon that cast a common beguile spell on them.

"The Space Wolves killed our guys, I found a Space Wolf thing near some of our dead guys" so the Dark Angels do what any rational and clear thinking founding Chapter would do.

Immediately go and orbital bombard the Space Wolves home-world.
>>
>>46248180
>based loyalists that want to purge literally degenerate furries
>a bad thing
Wow
>>
>>46271944
>Immediately go and orbital bombard the Space Wolves home-world.
because it's swarming with demons

Anyways, they literally blew up their own planet when shit went down on it. This is hardly out of the ordinary for the dangles.
>>
>>46272254
>loyalists
kek
>>
File: file.png (771 KB, 716x474) Image search: [Google]
file.png
771 KB, 716x474
>>46272361
WHAT WAS THAT?
>>
File: 1306916246814s.jpg (4 KB, 113x126) Image search: [Google]
1306916246814s.jpg
4 KB, 113x126
>>46272361
BROTHER AZRAEL WOULD LIKE A WORD WITH YOU FAL-*ahem* UNRELATED HERETIC!
>>
>>46271944

So as Fenris is about to be obliterated by a pack of retards rused by Tzeentch, this means Russ is almost 100% confirmed to be coming back right?
>>
>>46271944
To be fair, when the DA arrived on Fenris, the place was overrun by Daemons, which is usually a pretty good reason to go into "nuke it from the orbit" mode.
>>
File: Russ WOELVESS ARE THE STRONKEST.jpg (109 KB, 623x414) Image search: [Google]
Russ WOELVESS ARE THE STRONKEST.jpg
109 KB, 623x414
THREE TIMES THE FANG HAS COME UNDER SIEGE AGAINST INSERMOUNTABLE ODDS. AND THREE TIMES IT HAS DEFIED ALL FOES.

THESE FOOLS SHALL BE SENT SCREAMING INTO THE WARP JUST LIKE ALL OTHER INVADERS BEFORE THEM.

FENRIS SHALL STAND NOW AND FOREVER. BY THE ALLFATHER AND RUSS THE WOLVES WILL NOT FALL.
>>
>>46268438
>Viking Space Marines is okay.

It really fucking isn't. Marines at their core are supposed to be zealous warrior monks. When you have them whoring, feasting and fighting their own kind like berzerker savages they contradict that central theme. Unfortunately, in GW's bid to push marines on fucking EVERYONE there are now so many variants that they've watered down what a Marine is to the point of them being utterly bland supersoldiers with a random earth culture and snowflake geneseed mutation slapped on for good measure.
>>
>>46266512
Gosh mom, you know nothings...And your penis is showing.
>>
File: what went wrong.png (484 KB, 1462x240) Image search: [Google]
what went wrong.png
484 KB, 1462x240
>>46273779
>tfw wolves also used to be warrior monks
>>
>>46271443
why not just make a plan that's foolproof and takes place in the beginning of the story

hehe ;)
>>
>>46273779
Except when Spess Mahreens first were a thing they were badass space cops with attitude so some viking flavoring was totally fine. As time went on the fluff moved to monkish warriors but they didn't change the chapter flavor.

Blood Angels are still vampires remember?
>>
>>46248216
>they're only "pretending" to be retarted
>>
File: 1446401897239.jpg (41 KB, 324x394) Image search: [Google]
1446401897239.jpg
41 KB, 324x394
>>46272254

>Dark Angels
>Loyalists
>>
>>46269797
>>46269811
>Not 40,000/1
>that's cheesy

I dunno, that seems like the kind of cheesy that's acceptable. I don't play warhams, but I'd have kek'd if they did that.
>>
>>46266512
Source on top mag. SOURCE PLEASE.
S
O
U
R
C
E.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-01-12-25-09.png (706 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-01-12-25-09.png
706 KB, 1440x2560
>>46278458
>>
File: ThousandSonUp.png (14 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
ThousandSonUp.png
14 KB, 80x80
Bwahahahaha! At last, we shall have our revenge!
>>
>>46266512
Everybody knows million-to-one shots happen nine times out of ten, right?
>>
>>46248062
>Alpha Legion
>20/1
heh
>>
>>46271944
it's not a lesser daemon.
he actually one of the most powerfull daemons of tzeentch
>>
>>46273779
oh look there the no fun police.

If you fon't like them just play black templars
>>
>>46270844
>>46271036
Actually the wulfen mutation is not chaos fuckery. It's a sort of allergic reaction caused by contact with the warp.
When a spess wulf gets touched by warp energy the helix kicks in as an immune reaction and mutates the marine into a wulfen, making him more resistant to chaos taint and further mutation
>>
File: Capture.jpg (14 KB, 286x145) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
14 KB, 286x145
>>46271593
It's not like there's a precedent for GW releasing new material and models right before squatting everything, right?
>>
>>46287019
You are right, There is no precedent for it. Name one model released in ET that was squatted
>>
>>46253163
>most Mary Sue of all chapters
>what are Ultramarines and who is this Ward fellow
>>
Mark my words, Russ will show up and save the space wolves, but die in the process.
Then tzeentch will all go JUST AS PLANNED
>>
Who's the most cancerous chapter, and why is it Space Wolves?
>>
>>46287116
Iron Hands

>MUH MACHINES
>MUH FLESH IS WEAK
>FUCKING FLESH FAGS GET OUT RRRREEEEEEEE
>>
>>46287116
That's not how you spell thousand sons, dark angels, black templars, ultramarines, minotaurs, charcarodons, night lords or hammers of dorn
You fags are just angry because your edgy brooding fedora tipping selves can't stand the 40k version of football jocks with bombastic attitude like the ones that bullied you nerds in school

You don't hate space wolves per se, you hate them because they are goofy and aren't grimdark enough for your taste
>>
>>46287116
Dark Angels.
>>
>>46287230
>FUCKING FLESH FAGS GET OUT RRRREEEEEEEE

I dunno, man. You just made me imagine the Iron Hands Chapter as a bunch of machine-loving weirdos on the spectrum and it makes me like them even more.
>>
Now that i think of it. If the canis helix can be implanted only on humans from fenris, where did all the terra-born legionnaires that composed the legion before the discovery of russ come from?
>>
>>46287340
If you want machine loving weirdos see the Mechanicus.
>>
>>46287116
>most cancerous
It's Death Guard.
>>
This shit makes me so livid

>Space Wolves get wiped out

One of my longtime favorite Chapters get destroyed forever.

>Space Wolves win against all this bullshit

Space Wolves then become the Maryest of Mary Sue chapters and overshadow even the Ultramarines in terms of Suedom.

I just can't win.
>>
>>46287291

Dark Angels are a lot more fun when you play up the "They might be traitors" angle. Played straight, they certainly are obnoxiously broody.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 467x158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 467x158
>Dank Angel player
>mfw this whole thing

Really puts DA players and space wolves players in the uncomfortable position of fearing their chapter no longer existing in a book or two.

This whole thing is a bad idea.
>>
>>46253163

given the backlash of AoS, and how every major event they do turns into a stalemate, I doubt very much anything significant will happen. Even the End Times was just an excuse to remove finecast and old lead models.
>>
>>46288039
i have been out of the loop.

is all this stuff written in the new rulebook or in some webfluff?
>>
>>46287345
No one said that it can be implanted only on them, they just react better to it because their ancestors were implanted with it when they colonized fenris
>>
>>46288008
Dark Angels are one of the funnest chapters simply because they can be fluffed into fighting any force.
>>
>>46288039
>thinking the status quo would change that much.

Besides aren't the Angels and the sons of Russ two of the most popular chapters?
>>
>>46288039
>mfw I'm a Space Wolf player and my best friend is a Dark Angel player and we usually team up in 2v2 games at our shop

Fuck this whole thing entirely.
>>
>>46289079
No only them since wolf brothers failed
It seems to be a reaction to finding Russ and fenris
Legions used primarch Dna to fast forward their implantation which is how we get 200000 marines in the biggest legions in less than 100 years
Downside is this exaggerates aspects of the geneseed especially on more insane aspects of primarch personality
So dark Angels more paranoid and secretive ravenguard less bloodthirsty but more sneaky iron warriors bigger losers
>>
>>46289418
I'm in the same boat.

Only we also both have thousand dollar Bret armies. We know the taste of fear.
>>
>>46289687
Yeah but the brets had been abandoned for a long time, while the SW just got a supplement
>>
File: received_10206502885482988.jpg (8 KB, 245x272) Image search: [Google]
received_10206502885482988.jpg
8 KB, 245x272
>>46289687
>Bret armies

I feel bad for you mate. At least they'll live on in Total War: Warhammer. Which even then isn't much but it's something.
>>
>>46271443
Also in Mort,
>This is the Death whose particular sphere of operations is, well, not a sphere at all, but the Discworld, which is flat and rides on the back of four giant elephants who stand on the shell of the enormous star turtle Great A’Tuin, and which is bounded by a waterfall that cascades endlessly into space.
Scientists have calculated that the chance of anything so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one. But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.
>>
>>46264543
This triggers me so hard.

Why does Chaos always win.
>>
>>46266401

Underrated post, right here.
>>
>>46291183
The studio is mostly filled with giant Chaosaboos or Muhreenfaggots. Depending on who has the upper hand, one side is winning. Problem is that it's the Imperiums game to lose, so every Chaos Victory permanently eats away at it, barring retcons.

Nobody really gives a shit about the other races, unless it's the Tau's or Eldar's turn to bring a cashboost.
>>
>>46291183
Because GW and BL are stuffed with edgy faggots who want their faction to win, even though it's anticlimactic as fuck (see: The End Times)
>>
File: image-20150525-32548-gh8cjz.jpg (165 KB, 668x592) Image search: [Google]
image-20150525-32548-gh8cjz.jpg
165 KB, 668x592
>>46287062
>Implying Ultramarines are more Sue then Wolves
> Implying Ultramarines are only Sues since Ward
>>
>>46269131
>>46269161
>>46269192
The books are set in M32, so there are possibly still original IF marines in other successor Chapters, not to mention all the Dorn geneseed still laying around on Terra.
And they aren't fakes if you compare them to 40k IF. The Marines that took over the IF name after the Legions were broken apart had a different culture than 40k IFs. There is no mention of bone writing, Marines all have a nickname depending on their personality or combat style and they are ultra autistic about cramming in as much as possible references to them being staunch siege defenders.
>>
>>46293701
>space marines 30 millenia in the future have the chad haircuts of today
why is this allowed?
>>
>>46293701
You forgot the utter obsession with the siege of terra
>>
>>46293735
Go back to /r9k/ bro.
>>
>>46293760
>normie bullies me even on a mongolian fishing board
why is this allowed
>>
File: Ultramarines - Marine v Ork.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2100) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines - Marine v Ork.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2100
>>46293735
>using Chad unironically
>thinking that people other than hipsters, faggots and ridiculously good looking actors actually still use this hairstyle
Also, sideshave muhreens are best muhreens

>>46293759
That falls under their autism with defense references
>>
File: 1434161183703.jpg (2 MB, 1488x1053) Image search: [Google]
1434161183703.jpg
2 MB, 1488x1053
>>46269140
>Every other legion would pull out if casualties were too high or if victory seemed unreachable
>What is Death Guard
>What is Iron Warriors

Though if you're talking about loyalist legions exclusively you may have a point. Doesn't make em' any less snowflaky though.
>>
>>46293701
Is it just me? Why is the belt feeding bolt rounds backwards?
>>
>>46279435
Haven't found that one yet but this one is close: http://exhentai.org/g/386429/3f408abe92/
>>
File: 1458654566737.jpg (16 KB, 288x432) Image search: [Google]
1458654566737.jpg
16 KB, 288x432
>>46273779
>>
>>46294579
Also add World Eaters, they take "run stupidly into enemy fire and then win" to the next level.

Its annoying how hard BL is trying to push the whole "Guys, Wolves are sooooo scary! Be very afraid of them! WHOOOOOOO" when we have legions like the World Eaters, Night Lords, and Blood Angels that really are far more aggressive and destructive, and are more numerous.

Its no reason that they are such sue's, If they were just viking marines with complete loyalty to the emperor that would have been fine but they write them like they could solve the entire HH by themselves, then hand wave all the failure they suffer.
>>
>>46294990
black library content is a real mixed bag
>>
>>46276287
>Except when Spess Mahreens first were a thing they were badass space cops with attitude

No they weren't. You're basing their entire persona off of one photo and 1 uniform variant when there are at least 10 to contradict your claim that they were "badass" with "attitude".
>>
File: I'mOuttaHere.jpg (154 KB, 444x496) Image search: [Google]
I'mOuttaHere.jpg
154 KB, 444x496
>GW doesn't advance the setting:
>It's shit

>GW does advance the setting:
>It's shit

Being a Warhammer fan is suffering.
>>
File: ayy.png (20 KB, 326x272) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
20 KB, 326x272
>>46272254
>Loyalists
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.