[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Preparing for Friday game >Quite a complex module so it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
>Preparing for Friday game
>Quite a complex module so it requires a decent amount of prep
>Excited about it as well, the module is just what my players were looking for
>Setting up the handouts on Roll20, doing the map, custom tokens
>Got several different tracks for ambient music
>One guy messages me saying he's working, fair enough.
>Game is scheduled for 6pm.
>5:30: Game is starting in half an hour, get in teamspeak beforehand
>5:45 comes
>Two of my players are sitting in the teamspeak playing games
>They're playing with friends, whatever, they'll come up when it starts
>5:58 comes
>No one arrived for it yet
>Two players are still sitting on MY teamspeak playing vidya, without even a message to say they aren't coming
>10 past 6 right now
>Probably prepped for a solid 6 hours for this single session.
>My most devoted player is the one who messaged to say he couldn't be there

Honestly feel like throwing in the towel right now.

Anyone have stories like this?
>>
There are much more players than DMs in the world. Find a new group. If a player flakes without good reason, don't invite him again.
>>
Stop being such a beta and talk to the 2 guys playing vidya
>>
>>46247301
I tried to. I messaged them and got no response.

>>46247206
Probably. The game I was running had consistently low attendence. I'll probably advertise on gamefinder this time rather than the group being real life friends/roll20 applicants.
>>
>>46247352
Do it. It's not hard to find people who actually want to play. One game of Pokemon Tabletop United I'm in is on hold because one player hasn't shown up for 2 months and the DM doesn't have the balls to go on without him.
>>
>>46245820
I feel ya. Most players have no idea how much work goes into a campaign and how much prep time takes. They just don't appreciate it.
>>
I relate, OP. I recently said fuck it, after I had not only pitched the game, helped all the players with their characters (since none of them can read or understand basic character creation in new systems apparently), spent time reading through two entire books (Degenesis Rebirth) to learn it all, plus extra material. Set up game, wrote stuff, set up seperate agendas for each player.

Game night. One barely arrives. Another is late because of dinner (for the fifth or so time), and one makes no apperance at all.

I just said fuck it. Now I'm gonna GM for a small group who actually asked me personally to GM for them.
>>
>go to roleplaying club
>every table is getting kinda bloated, nobody's moving out of their little cliques
>it gets brought up at the club meeting, because this shit's been going on for years
>somebody suggests we bring campaigns to a natural conclusion every 4 months, giving everyone a chance to move outside their comfort zone
>I've been talking a lot about FIGHT! The Fighting Game RPG, so I figure I might as well run a campaign
>it'd be 1 part Street Fighter, 2 parts Tekken and 4 parts King of Fighters...
>... now I just need to learn the system
>every prospective GM is given a form to fill out, and anyone who likes the look of their campaign idea puts their name down
>after two weeks of having these sheets out, I have one player down as a definite
>most of the tables are sticking with their own groups, changing exactly nothing
>one guy has decided that he can't possibly end HIS campaign so early, so all the people in his game who wanted to join other tables aren't allowed because one fuckstick wants to have an ego trip
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.