[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make a ruthless tyrannical princess that in not the BBEG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11
File: Tumblr_o4c096wHlQ1qdkp0uo4_1280.jpg (162 KB, 571x495) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_o4c096wHlQ1qdkp0uo4_1280.jpg
162 KB, 571x495
How do you make a ruthless tyrannical princess that in not the BBEG?
>>
>>46245440

Have them be right.
>>
>>46245440

She's a tyrant because she doesn't respect the lord-vassal relationship.

Turns out the vassals are shitters, and who cares about the nobility?
>>
>>46245440
Just make them on the same side as the protagonist and make the enemies worse.
>>
>>46245488
This. Protagonist-centric Morality is a great thing to play with, especially in games with defined "moral" systems like D&D or FF Star Wars.
>>
All her subjects are incompetent and she's the only one with a good head on her shoulders in the whole kingdom besides the protagonists.
>>
>>46245440
>How do you make a ruthless tyrannical princess that in not the BBEG?
well, generally, same way Hades pulls it off.

Harsh, but not unfair.

Doles out brutal punishments and rarely, if ever, shows any mercy, but the guy very much had it coming.
>>
>>46245440
Make her the mid boss
>>
>>46245440

You could just make her a competent totalitarian, but not unreasonable.

Draconian punishments for law breaking, heavy taxes for public works, strong diplomatic abilities with a powerhouse military/strategically defensible location.

Just make her a callous, if not cruel, person who is also the best choice to rule.

Bonus points if the PCs try to overthrow her, and end up ruining the country in a civil war.
>>
>>46245440

She's not a conqueror or has a romantic love/hate relationship with another King who is constantly at war with her.
>>
>>46245440
Have her being all that stands between the ruin of the continent and hordes of evil demons.

Done.
>>
>>46245440

you make a setting in which ruthless and tyrannical rulers are normal and the BBEG has something far worse in mind than simply ruling people

so basicaly you make it grimdark
>>
>>46245440
The king died and his only male heir disappeared, so she's on the throne, but her secret dragon lover is the one pulling the strings.

Now the party must rescue the prince from the dragon, so they can dethrone the princess and restore order to the kingdom.
>>
File: image.jpg (366 KB, 728x1036) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366 KB, 728x1036
>>46245787
Do I get to fuck the prince? Does the prince get to fuck me?
>>
>>46245933
no
>>
>>46245440
A female Lord Vetinari.

So more or less >>46245478
>>
>>46245440
Go the Logan Route. Evil for a purpose. Lives with immense, far reaching dreams for her kingdom, but cannot achieve those goals when limited by the current system.
>>
File: 1429969113782.jpg (46 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1429969113782.jpg
46 KB, 1024x576
She inherited the throne early, she's just jaded
>>
>>46246906
Let him die then.
>>
Make her someone extremely competent with goals that the players agree with.

For example, look at Lord Vetinari from Discworld. A manipulative, ruthless tyrant who seems to only want to make Ankh-Morpork prosper.

Someone who will do whatever it takes to make the city/country prosper. Both the evil options (threats, assassination, etc) and the good options (eg, a police force who is willing to go after anyone, no matter how connected, if they break the law).
>>
File: Olivia Armstrong.jpg (286 KB, 1185x1599) Image search: [Google]
Olivia Armstrong.jpg
286 KB, 1185x1599
>>46245440
While not a princess exactly it gets the idea across well enough.
>>
>>46245440
>ruthless tyrannical princess

She's not a princess. She is literally a tyrant. She led the revolution, executed the King and Queen for treason, and became the interim leader until someone worthy of the throne appears.
>>
>>46254003
>She led the revolution, executed the King and Queen for treason, and became the interim leader until someone worthy of the throne appears
>But she's actually a legitimate princess because she's the king's bastard child and the only survivor of royal blood
>>
>>46245440
Make it Caesar or Tiberius with a dress.
>>
>>46254003
Or the inverse: She's the eldest surviving member of the royal family after a proletarian uprising, and leads a fanatical reactionary faction to retake her homeland from the godless commies.
>>
>>46245440
Have them not really go against the PCs and tend to help them out.

A ruthless Princess that is manipulating her family for riches and glory but doesn't go out of her way to like murder people unless she has to isn't that bad.
>>
>>46253855
BIG NOSE
I
G

N
O
S
E
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekCByuXIGr8

make her into this
>>
>>46245440
I can't wait untill space marines reach the world of ood and subjugate that shit.
>>
>>46245559
what Hades are you talking about?
>`Iστοριkού μύθου
punishment was the domain of Zeus and later Μίνως, Ῥαδάμανθυς & Αἰαkός.
>Disney
never punishes anyone fairly.
<Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips
most reasonable, wise, benevolent of this awful fanfic's depictions.
>>
>>46247295
Logan Echolls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9CjUHdW0w
>>
>>46248484
>that movie
don't do this to me, anon.
I cri everytiem
>>
>>46261775
Did you think this was funny or something?
>>
>>46245440
By not making it the party's problem? Okay fine so this Kingdom is ruled by a tyrant, but they're adventurers, politics is not their concern and they're really just here to explore dungeons or hunt dragons or something. The tyrant doesn't mind that at all and might even reward them with a handful of slaves if they do something helpful.
>>
>>46245440
Make her cute.
>>
>>46245440
She's a Princess.

She's either a pawn in the kings game or she's strong enough and smart enough to play the game herself.

Royal court is full of politicians. Politicians are complete dickweasels we'll eat their own young if they think it'll give them leverage. A princess is a little girl who considers a life of assassinations, espionage and political maneuverings to be the norm. Most of her friends, and the people she talks to on a daily basis, are going to be the sorts of cockgoblins that're strong enough and ruthless enough to get into a position of power that gives them access to a member of the royal family. If they are ambitious enough to get the job, they're ambitious enough to want the next job up the ladder.
>>
>>46245440
They rule with an iron fist and are actually right.

There are too many well-armed guards, but the people are actually quite safe. If anything goes wrong, they have the muscle to respond.
In turn, the people are so thankful to live such happy, safe lives within the walls of her kingdom that very few of them actually do anything wrong.

Also, she constantly watches outside threats to the kingdom and responds to them in a way that aligns with the adventurers' interests.
>>
>>46262263
Why you gotta be such a dick, bro?
This isn't /v/, you know
>>
File: 1458966248529.jpg (221 KB, 680x730) Image search: [Google]
1458966248529.jpg
221 KB, 680x730
>>46245440

Make the Mother of the ruthless, tyrannical princess the BBEG.
>>
>>46265521
So kill la kill?
I JERK IT TO MIRRORS
>>
>>46265521
I JERK IT TO MIRRORS
AWAKEN, MY MASTERS!
>>
>>46264690
so something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler ?
>>
>>46245440
Her predecessor was some crazy liberal who let the kingdom get infected with all kinds of lowlife scumbags, cults and the like.
She's setting the things straight again.
>>
I think Paizo does a good job of it in Jade Regent.

Simply have it be not the party's problem, and the royal's removal cause more problems than the party can deal with. Also, ensure that the status quo is not one of suffering for the normal population, just oppression.
>>
>>46245440
>Hey bard?
>Yea mage?
>You hear about that tyrannical princes in the neighboring country of Whogivesashit?
>Nope I sure haven't.
>Oh ok then best turn in for the night if were going to kill that demonlord tomorrow.

done
>>
>>46245754
How about angry grim.
>>
It's the current year, she's a woman, she can do no wrong.
>>
>>46265521
I JERK IT TO MIRRORS
>>
File: 1454045791352.png (1 MB, 1703x1277) Image search: [Google]
1454045791352.png
1 MB, 1703x1277
>>46266678
>>
>>46245440
Have her be Ruthless and Tyrannical for a reason. Here's some possible scenarios:

>inherited a country on the verge of a five-way civil war and doesn't mind being known as a ruthless bitch as long as her country survives

>there is a undead plague spreading through her country and she's implementing drastic, but effective, measures to stop it

>her country has problems with organized crime/corruption and she's using her loyal guards and secret police to weed out the crooks in the most brutal way possible to send a message to the corrupt ones
>>
>>46265521
I JERK IT TO MIRRORS
>>
>>46265521
I JERK IT TO MIRRORS
>>
>>46245440

>Make a ruthless tyrannical NPC that's not a BBEG
>Make them a Princess

Not that hard, you cocksucker.
>>
>>46245525
I'm going to use that.

A princess that studied how to rule her whole life and eventually realized everyone is fucking incompetent and the current systems are inefficient and waste tax dollars. So she fires all the idiots and government leeches and runs everything herself and uses the PCs as a special ops squad to fix problems and run errands.

I guess it doesn't have to be a princess but the PCs would be more likely to cooperate if they think its a waifu.
>>
>>46245478
>>46245482
>>46245488
>>46245525
So basically OP's pic related
>>
>>46245440
She's just a bitch. Just that. Executes a peasant here, there, and a bit of torture on top.

Big Dick King is her daddy and he's going to sacrifice his entire population to become a fucking demon lord that will drown the world in chaos.

Boom.
>>
Have one of the PC's be her fiancé, mix love and tyranny they go very well together.
>>
>>46245933
I..
- actually want to read that manga.
>>
>>46268650
I think you need to get fitted for a bigger fedora.
>>
>>46270575
Its called NEEDLESS, i think it has an anime version as well. It all ends with the priest becoming a literal god for a few seconds and turning the trap into an actual girl and making naked with socks a normal fashion trend
>>
>>46245559
>Harsh, but not unfair.
What? Hades doesn't do anything to punish anyone. He mostly just watches over the dead.
>Doles out brutal punishments and rarely, if ever, shows any mercy, but the guy very much had it coming.
Are you talking about Sisyphus? Because that guy was punished by Zeus, not Hades.
>>
>>46265521
>homo gods of /fit/
>not "Aztec Gods of Fitness"
I probably made negative gains today so I'm not gonna say the thing
>>
>>46265521
that's not very nice to /fit/
>>
>>46245440
Make her a necessary evil.
All the other rulers are ruthless and tyrannical as well. She leads one of the only "good" nations. Her subjects are prone to kill each other/everyone around them if not ruled with an iron fist. She protects an ancient sealed evil/gate to hell/secret superweapon. She's the PC's main quest giver and treats them as her greatest heroes.
Something along those lines. Also no needless jerkassery, like random draconic punishments
>>
File: 1457927521610.jpg (185 KB, 548x822) Image search: [Google]
1457927521610.jpg
185 KB, 548x822
>>
>>46270245
>Princess Viktoria-Luise
>you will never live in a world where she married Baron von Ungern-Sternberg and rallied the post-WWI German Freikorps to his cause
We could be living in a world where communism was stamped out by the mid 40s, WWII never happened, and most of mainland Asia is under the control of a ruthless Prussian sorcerer-king.
>>
File: Princess Victoria Louise 4.jpg (328 KB, 692x1000) Image search: [Google]
Princess Victoria Louise 4.jpg
328 KB, 692x1000
>>46270245
>>
>>46253855
So basically, a ruthless tyrannical princess whose ruthless tyrannical behaviour inspires the people serving under her.
>>
>>46265521
I JERK IT TO MY MASTERS
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.