[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blood Mage Quest #4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2
A heavy, tense silence wrapped itself around the room. Guzio stood before you, smiling like a kid who found his long-lost favourite toy. He patiently awaited your reaction. Carefully, you tried pulling some more information out of him:

“Who am I, sir?”, you asked.

“It all just made sense to me yesterday, as I was spying on you. Why the stars pointed me towards you. Your studious spirit, and your liking to spend your nights in the wild, and fraternise with little forest critters, like that gnoll. Even that thing about your teacher you tried telling me yesterday. You know, for a moment I actually thought you might a blood mage! But now I finally know the truth. It all fell neatly into place. Who you are, and why the gods made our paths cross. You are a druid’s apprentice.”

“Huh... “, you let out, scratching your head. It wasn’t quite what you expected.

“Don’t worry, for your secret is safe with me. I wouldn’t want any harm to come to you, after all. At first I thought you are just the next piece of the puzzle I have solve, but you just might be the key to it all.”

“What am I a key to, exactly?”, you were getting more and more confused with each word coming from this man’s mouth.

“My quest, the one I told you about. Or maybe I didn’t, I frankly can’t remember. I guess we both could use a bit of a reminder. Come, let me tell you a little story.”

He ushered you towards his table, covered in all sorts of maps and documents. You couldn’t understand half the letters on any of those, and whatever was left didn’t make much sense either.
>>
>>46245102
“It all began one fateful night, three years ago. I was young back then. Younger than I’m now anyway. And so I spent my nights as any youth would. Gazing at the stars alone, in my private observatory in the mountains. It was then when the gods have bestowed their will upon me. They beseeched me to travel westward, and who was I to oppose them?

It was a long and arduous pilgrimage, but the skies have guided me all the way long. I took no money with, nor any company, and so I survived only from what the land gave me, and from the charity of the faithful that have helped me on my quest. After following the stars for three months, I found myself in the forests near the great city of Lar-Benog, a weeks of travel from here.

The great lights have led me towards an ancient city, abandoned long ago, and overtaken by the overgrowth. And so I began to search the ruins, not quite sure what I was expected to find. Through my research I discovered that city was founded almost six hundred years ago, during the Great Drought.

You see, during the reign of the Emperor Nichus III the Wise, the empire went through years of drought, when almost no rains fell across the lands. The food output dwindled, and the great cities, which couldn’t feed themselves, have become ravaged by famine. The people were unhappy, and so revolts sprung across the empire. Those were chaotic and unstable times.

The Emperor however, wouldn’t have it. He came up with a plan, to relocate a part of the population from the overcrowded cities, towards the eastern reaches of the empire, that were mostly untamed wilds. Incidentally, they suffered less from the droughts than any other region.
>>
>>46245146
This was before the druidism was declared one of the forbidden arts. And so druids lived among the people, like any other, and were allowed to practice their magic, so long as they respected the laws of the land. To them, however, the eastern forests were sacred. And so, when they started being cut down, to make room for fields, and towns, and to make lumber, they didn’t take it too well.

First, they begged the Emperor to reconsider. Then, when he ignored them, they demanded it. And then they began to fight. Their magical control over nature was the only thing keeping the famine from turning into a catastrophe. They managed to produce enough food to keep all the empire from starving. But then, when the Emperor kept ignoring them, they stopped helping. Not only that, they also used their magic to halt the empire’s progress on colonizing the east.

That didn’t go well neither with the people, nor the Emperor. Now this is where it gets interesting. Supposedly, it was then when one of the High Seers had a celestial vision, and pushed to ban druidism. But, according to the documents I found in the ruins, it weren’t the Astrologists that forebode it first. It was an imperial decree that made it punishable by death to practice druidism.

A year after that, the High Seers of that time held council, and branded druidism as one of the forbidden arts. But, I believe it wasn’t the will of the gods that moved them. No, I think they were acting upon the Emperor's orders. That is why the gods have shown me those ruins. They are outraged that a man’s will was taken as their own. And that is my quest, to fix this grave mistake.
>>
>>46245178
I have been gathering proof to make my case before my peers, but I don’t have nearly enough. What I need is a living, breathing druid to show that your art is not unholy. And this is where you come in. I just need you to show your magic to the council, and then to tell them about your culture and your practices. Simple enough, and then you won’t have to hide who you are ever again. What say you?”

>Sure, I don’t see why not.
>That’s all very neat, but you’re mistaken. I’m no druid.
>I'm just an apprentice, so I don’t know any of that stuff.
>Sorry, what? I sorta dozed off while you were blabbering on and on.
>Write in...
>>
>>46245146
>westward
That should be eastward. Also, here are the last three threads:

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46180956/#q46180956

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46138457/#q46138457

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46118010/#q46118010
>>
>>46245205
>I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not a druid. I'm just a hunter.
>>
>>46245205
Politely reject this freak before things go south.
>>
>>46245205
>>I'm just an apprentice, so I don’t know any of that stuff.
>>
>>46245205
>>I'm just an apprentice, so I don’t know any of that stuff.
>>
>>46245338
Writing.
>>
>>46245205
>That’s all very neat, but you’re mistaken. I’m no druid.
Combine these two.
Also he was spying on us? Ask if he was the guy who shot red bolts of energy at the werewolfs or saw who did.
>>
>>46245521
“That’s all very neat, and I’d love to help you, but I’m no druid. I'm just an apprentice, so I don’t know any of that stuff.”

Guzio stroked his chin, looking you over.

“Yes, that makes sense... Of course it wouldn’t be this easy. But the stars wouldn’t have pointed me to you if you didn’t have a part to play in this. I can’t just go out and grab myself a druid off the streets, you know. Your kind haven’t been caught in a long time. Perhaps that is what you must do. Yes, yes, you must know where they keep hiding if you're one them. I want to you to bring me a druid, wise and powerful, so that I can help all of your kind.”

>I’ll do it.
>I can’t help you.
>Write in…
>>
>>46245702
>I’ll do it.

These paths are sacred and must be trod only by the initiated, otherwise the very plants will come alive to attack you. I'll undertake this quest for you and attempt to bring one of the masters back so that their exile may be lifted.
>>
>>46245738
Supporting
>>
>>46245702
>But I DON'T know where they are, and I don't know how to find them.
>>
>>46245738
This works, maybe ask for some supplies for easing our journey.
>>
>>46245800
>>46245800
Writing. Also, give me a DC 70 crit DC 90 check to get some free stuff.
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>46245844
Rollan'
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>46245844
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>46245844
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>46245844
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>46245844
>>
>>46245864

Nice
>>
File: giphy.gif (1019 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1019 KB, 450x360
>>46245864
>>
>>46245864
You nodded, looking around with a serious face. You never knew you were a good liar.

“These paths are sacred and must be trod only by the initiated, otherwise the very plants will come alive to attack you. I'll undertake this quest for you and attempt to bring one of the masters back so that their exile may be lifted”, you said.

“Splendid. I’ll patiently await your return. Can’t believe how close I actually am, after all this time.”

A brilliant idea came to you. Hiding a sly smile, you said:

“I might be safe once I reach the hallowed grounds, but the way there is still full of dangers. I fear that something might happen to me along the way. Is there no way you could aid me on my journey?”

With little consideration, he fished about in his pockets, and slammed five large flat golden coins upon the table. You stared at them in disbelief. You never saw so much money in one place before!

“Thank you, I’ll make sure it goes to good use”, you mumbled, pocketing the five Suns.

“That’s not all. Give me the medallion I offered you yesterday. This item holds great power, but now it is used to transmit vision and sound from it to me. I can, however, change it to actually protect you from harm, as I said before. Come by tomorrow and I’ll return it to you. Now go, I need some time alone.”

What do you do now?
>Go meet with Lord Minduri.
>Go spend your money in town (searching for what?)
>Go meet up with your gnoll pal
>Write in...
>>
>>46246221
>Go meet up with your gnoll pal
>>
>>46246221

I know that he was also requesting to see us last thread (hopefully this doesn't fuck everything up)
>>
>>46246351
Hmm, going with this>>46246442
>>
>>46246221
With Guzio as back up in case paladick get insistent on recruiting us.
>>
>>46246442
Writing.
>>
>>46246221
>This item holds great power, but now it is used to transmit vision and sound from it to me

Cheeky bugger good thing we didnt use any magic last thread
>>
>>46246521
You walked out of Guzio’s room, still a bit shaken. The acolyte still waited in corridor. You told him that you would see Lord Minduri now, and so he led you down the stairs, and out of the Observatory. Not far from it stood a large mansion, that you were told was the headquarters of the Order of Qua-Turu. Guarding the entrance were a couple of soldiers, dressed similarly to the men you went on a werewolf hunt with. Nobody you recognized, though.

However, they seemed to have recognized you, and let you and your companion through. There, in the courtyard, Lord Minduri oversaw about three dozen men all training together.

Seeing you come in, he told one of the men to take his place, and hurried towards you. With you delivered, the acolyte bowed deeply, and went about his business. Lord Minduri clasped you on the shoulder with his heavy hand:

“It’s good to see you, Alehandro. Great werewolf pelt you got there. But enough pleasantries. I have great many things to do, as do you, I’m sure. So, have you considered my offer? The Order always needs new recruits, and you already have proven yourself greatly. And by the way, don’t think I forgot about your punishment just because you helped me take down a werewolf.”

What do you do about his proposal?
>Join the order
>Don’t join the order
>Write in…

What do you do about your punishment?
>Go through with it.
>Try and sneak away as soon as you can.
>Write in…
>>
>>46247037
>>Don’t join the order
>Go through with it.
Don't wanna get him looking at us any more than necessary
>>
>>46247037
>Don't join but be a helpful ally
>Go through with it.
It can't be that bad, right?
>>
>>46247037
>Don’t join the order
>Go through with it.

Wait didn't he already slap us around in the forest?
>>
>>46247073
Going with this guy. Don't want to get too involved with the order so they have more of you on record and less freedom to travel everywhere.
Also just wanna go through the punishment so after that we can just ditch and be good.
>>
>>46247037
>>Don’t join the order

>>Go through with it.

Also, try not to tell him that we're helping Guzio. Seem's to be a load of bad blood between them.
>>
>>46247131
Writing.
>>
oh thank god, i that i was going to be bored today
>>
Hey guys, are we going to do anything to save the dude who helped us escape?
>>
>>46247193
“I’m sorry, my Lord, but I must decline. I don’t think I’m cut out to be a part of the Order.”

He frowned, slowly nodding.

“I see. Well then, you better get to work. The Observatory isn’t going to clean itself.”

You didn’t have much desire to spend your time rubbing the floors of the Observatory, but you also didn’t have much choice in the matter. And so you decided to get this over with as soon as possible.

It took you quite a few hours, and by the time you were done it was already evening. It’s not that the place was dirty, on the contrary, it has been kept quite clean. But just because of its sheer size, the task wasn’t an easy one.

At least the acolytes fed you some nice grub once you were done.

What would you like to do now?
>You still have no idea where your master went. Time to find something out. (how?)
>You need to spend your money. (On what?)
>It’s getting late. Time to meet up with your buddy.
>Write in...
>>
Anyone else hyped to travel with the gnoll? I'm like so hyped right now.
>>
>>46247403
>>It’s getting late. Time to meet up with your buddy.
>>46247405
I am!
>>
>>46247403
Meet with buddy!
>>
>>46247405
yeah, i guess

>>46247403
>buy some food and water skin maybe? dont know what else we could need
>>
>>46247403
>>You need to spend your money. (On what?)
food
a backpack
some more arrows maybe
another change of clothes and or get that werewolf pelt turned into some armor
some medicine

how much is 5 sun coins anyway
>>
>>46247466
>>46247439
Both of these.
>>
so that a no to saving our bro?
>>
>>46247587
who?
>>
>>46247493
In terms of what you can actually buy, it's like 700 dollars/euros. Also, writing.
>>
>>46247612
the dude who warned us to get away from our village was captured. He's being brought here for interrorgation
>>
>>46247661
damn. lets buy hookers and blow
>>
>>46247691
Ohhhh couldve sworn that was a chick
>>
>>46247838
>shrug
>>
>>46247403
First, you decide, it would make sense to prepare for the journey. During the evening the marked wasn’t as busy as it was last time you visited it, but still you manage to find all you need.

You get some dried meat, bread and nuts. Also, you throw out your old and worn down backpack, and instead get something new. Your waterskin has started to smell funny, so you changed that one too. And some new arrows, and not the kind you made out of sticks and stones in the forest. Also, you bought a set of new traveling clothes, just to have something to change into.

With preparations complete, and without dipping much into the money you saved up, you ventured into the forest, towards the spot where you left your gnoll buddy. He was still there, looking thoroughly bored.

“Finally, you come. Do we begin ourr trravel now?”

You shook your head. You were quite worn out at that point, and wanted nothing more than just rest up a bit.

“I would rather not travel through the night. For now, we'll sleep. But come morning…”

Where do you want to go?
>Go towards your old village. Cillia is being transported from there to Bergost.
>Go to the largest city in the region, Lar-Benog. Maybe your master is there.
>Let your buddy choose a destination.
>Actually, you still have things to do in Bergost.
>Write in...
>>
>>46247937
>toward our old village
>>
>>46247937
>>Go towards your old village. Cillia is being transported from there to Bergost.
>>
>>46247937
>>Go towards your old village. Cillia is being transported from there to Bergost.
>>
>>46247937
>Go towards your old village. Cillia is being transported from there to Bergost.

and since hes going to sleep why dont we dip back and read that bestiary?
>>
>>46248000
Writing.
>>
>>46248305
“But after that, we’ll go towards my old village. There is a friend of mine that’s being brought here, and I don’t want her reaching this town.”

“Rright, morre crrazy khoomans to deal with.”

You chuckled a bit. She would have to be crazy to be your friend, wouldn’t she?

“She’s not that bad once you get to know her. Besides, I can’t just let her get punished because of what I did.”

The gnoll scratched itself behind the ear.

“I am interrested. You keep saying otherr khoomans don’t like you forr what you do, but you have many frriends. How come? And what is it you do?”

What do you say?
> I lived in a quiet village to the west of here, and life was pretty good… (Flashback time!)
> Maybe I’ll tell you my story later. Now, let’s get some sleep.
>Write in...
>>
>>46248531
>I kill things. It's not a job I particularly enjoy, so I avoid it whenever possible.
>>
>>46248531
> Maybe I’ll tell you my story later. Now, let’s get some sleep.
Also, set up some traps and magical wards if we know any, tell trollbro about em.
>>
>>46248531
>I lived in a quiet village to the west of here, and life was pretty good… (Flashback time!)

YEAH FLASHBACKS
>>
>>46248531
> I lived in a quiet village to the west of here, and life was pretty good… (Flashback time!)

yay
>>
>>46248531
>> I lived in a quiet village to the west of here, and life was pretty good… (Flashback time!)
>>
>>46248588
Writing.
>>
>>46248768
I'm so sorry, you guys, but I'll have to call it for tonight. We'll finish this up either tomorrow or on Sunday.
>>
>>46249253
No worries, thanks for the run!
>>
>>46249253
oh ok, i undestand.

No stats/magic sheet ?
>>
>>46249253
..o-oh okay....
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.