[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: 1458258269813.png (289 KB, 338x640) Image search: [Google]
1458258269813.png
289 KB, 338x640
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/

Old Thread: >>46197918

Augmentation Edition
>>
File: 1456570994423.jpg (149 KB, 736x521) Image search: [Google]
1456570994423.jpg
149 KB, 736x521
>>
File: 1456883455009.jpg (107 KB, 600x516) Image search: [Google]
1456883455009.jpg
107 KB, 600x516
I feel like there should be a "Forever GM" support group.
What's your current favorite runner build that you'll NEVER EVER get to play?
Mine's an IRA rigger driver who firebombs keeb nightclubs
>>
I had this idea for a shadowrun campaign, that the runners would be tricked by a Mr.Johnson has a way out of paying them for a job by knocking them out and stuffing them on a cryogenic ship to Mars in where they discover the company has a major mars base extracting minerals to ship back to Earth. The other companies hire them out to wreck their shit.
>>
>>46244702
could work IMO, but you need something to show just how much time has passed. Remember that it takes 150-300 days of travel depending on the position of earth and mars.
Even if they get there, do the sabotage in a few days and then leave again they will be gone for at least a year and it will seem strange that after a year nothing really changed. I think you have to find the sweet spot between "nothing has changed. This doesn't seem believable." and "nothing is the same. We have to throw all our previous knowledge out"
>>
Guys, i need your help.
I'm finally able to actually play Shadowrun 5 for the first time (only tried 4 years ago), and built a charakter.
Now the GM says that the Setting resolves mostly around an area with extremely high gun-control laws.

I have Body 3 and Strength 3 and originally planned on playing a StreetSam.
How fucked am I? What Melee tactics are viable?
Which Weapon should i get? Everything smaller as Polearms seems to be fine, but i know absolutely nothing about this topic.

Plz halp
>>
>>46245187
First of all, check with your GM what he means by "extremely high gun-control laws". Worst comes to worst and all guns are effectively illegal, get a Taser for those situations where you really cannot ignore the laws. A crossbow works too. And load up on flash-bangs and smoke canisters as well.

>What Melee tactics are viable?
With STR 3, the only viable weapons in melee are shock gloves, stun baton and a mono-whip. (although if guns are already illegal, the whip will be even more).

You can get a "Hand of God" cyberarm, i.e. with racial max STR+3/racial max AGI+3. Such an arm will make all one-handed weapons deadly in your hand. (Or even your bare metal/plastek fist in a pinch.)

>How fucked am I?
Not as hard as you seem to be thinking.
>>
File: 1363287761225.gif (975 KB, 243x145) Image search: [Google]
1363287761225.gif
975 KB, 243x145
>>46245424
Yeah, Guns will be basically illegal most of the time, so i doubt the whip would fly.

Stun weaponry seems to be kinda anticlimatic, anyway to incorporate Swords?
I'm thinking about taking one of these Styles from Run&Gun but I'm not sure what would be good?
Katana+Kenjutsu for a japanese Charakter, maybe?
>>
>>46245504
Oh and i can't really get any more Cyberware, no essence left.
Already have MbW II and Muscle Toner III for combat.
>>
File: 1456112395804.png (503 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456112395804.png
503 KB, 640x360
>>46245187
Why would you have a campaign set in modern day Britain?
That doesn't sound very cash money at all.
>>
>>46244642

> Trenchcoat

Former corpsec for an A corp that got taken over by this or another AAA. Basic cyber, knows some judo, a bit of face, fuckhueg knowledge about counter-intrusion measures. Carries his weigh in combat using SUT and setting up/ carrying around turret drones.

> Mirrorshades

Former Ares employee that misplaced a case with ten milion nuyen. Is still alive and hunting for it only due to friends in high places. Face with a cyberarm of doom and nice cybereyes.

> Pink Mohawk

Biker Adept that cuts people up while riding around on his kickass bike WHICH TRANSFORMS INTO POWER ARMOR YEEEEAAAAHH I didn't really try to build this one mechanically.
>>
>>46244642
>What's your current favorite runner build that you'll NEVER EVER get to play?

It's a toss-up between a couple.
>Hacker who used to be a cyberterrorist before he burned his SIN and fled the country. Freelanced with a few tiger teams doing pen-tests of corp security systems before turning Shadowrunner.

>Ethnically-Japanese ork sam whose Renraku citizen parents were deported back to Japan after the second Crash (due to the intense meta-hate in Japan, he doesn't have a Renraku-backed SIN and his own records weren't properly backed up before the Crash). He was a straight-A student before the Crash, but the government blocking any attempt for him to get his SIN reinstated meant that he could never officially finish high school. Constantly angry at society for fucking him over so furiously, he's also anxious that he might be turning into the same ork stereotype perpetuated by the society he hates so much. This anxiety is only compounded by a fear that his human girlfriend only stays with him because she has an ork fetish.
>>
>>46245504

> Yeah, Guns will be basically illegal most of the time

Snow Crash Little Hong-Kong illegal, or "needs a special permit" illegal? Fake licenses are a thing.

> Stun weaponry seems to be kinda anticlimatic

It's fairly effective, though. And it's usually easier to shoot somebady than to slash him. Also unsheathing a katana doesn't escalate the situation as much as whipping out a taser.

Martial Arts are generally good idea if you can spare resoures.
>>
>>46245504

Also, grab some throwing knives. Putting points into throwing is rarely a waste. You'd be surprised how many problems can be solved by throwing something at something else.
>>
File: KkSZdQy.gif (1 MB, 316x226) Image search: [Google]
KkSZdQy.gif
1 MB, 316x226
>>46245644
I haven't seen Snow Crash, but the bottom line was:
If you use guns, both the local Police and the Mob will screw you over.
We will be playing in Japan.

I don't know how tasers will be seen, but i have very limited amounts of Skillpoints left.
Basically, i can buy one skill @6 + spec and have the karma to get level one in another one.

What martial arts are good? There are tons of them and having never really played, i'm sort of at a loss here.
>>
>>46245815

OK. So, you're fairly unlikely to face opponents armed with guns unless you're planning on attacking a facility staffed with Police or Mob, in which case you shouldn't worry about annoying them anyway and bring those guns.

>>46245424
advised you to grab a stun baton, and I'd agree wholeheartedly. It's easy to conceal, inconspicious, non-lethal and has a set damage value, which makes it priceless for a high-agi character. One good poke and the target will be down.

As far as MA styles are concerned, I'd advise to grab Jeet Kune Do (if you'll face other martial artists often) or ol' good Jujitsu (for everything else). Muay Thai is also rather fun if you're going for quick takedowns.

Please, put a few points in guns. Do it for your team.
>>
File: 001-479507671-10.jpg (1 MB, 3500x2512) Image search: [Google]
001-479507671-10.jpg
1 MB, 3500x2512
>>46246070
Questionanon here:

Stun Batons seem to be indeed the most viable option, but it triggers me having to rely on some sort of non-deadly weapon.

Since i can only grab one technique from the Martial Arts at the start (lack the Karma for more):
For which should i go?
>>
File: Security 1.png (470 KB, 689x711) Image search: [Google]
Security 1.png
470 KB, 689x711
>>46244312
How do you set up interesting fights for your groups you're DMing? Set them up against teams with a balance of weapons or make them specialized at something?

Got any examples?
>>
>>46246192
>having to rely on some sort of non-deadly weapon.
chummer, what kind of game are you going to play?
because if you are not going pink mohawk even a single kill means you did a shoddy job.
Usually the more people you kill the more attention you get and in SR getting attention means bad stuff is about to happen.
>>
>>46246246
>because if you are not going pink mohawk even a single kill means you did a shoddy job.

2Mirrorshades4me by multiple times.

If i wanted to play a pacifist game, i sure as hell wouldn't play a system with hundreds of pages dedicated to combatstuff, Magic and otherkin wankfests and instead just go for savage worlds or Fate.

I don't know when this bullshit notion crept into the community, but it sure as hell is pretty annoying.
>>
>>46246192
cont. from >>46246246

Usually non lethal weapons are better because while BOD scores range from usually 3 up to 15 you will rarely find people with more than 3 or 4 WIL. That means a CM for lethal ranges from 9 to max 16 while for stun it's 9 to max 11.
>>
>>46246192

> it triggers me having to rely on some sort of non-deadly weapon.

First, >>46246246

Second - when you bash somebody accurately enough with a stun baton, he's going down. Nothing stops you from jamming the baton into his throat and letting overflow from stun fill his physical track.

And the single technique? Called Shot (Disarm), or Sweep.
>>
>>46246342
>hundreds of pages dedicated to combatstuff
of course it has to be there once the waste impacts on the ventilation but if you play trenchcoat (maybe also mirrorshades) the ideal run (which you will never get) has exactly zero casualties (other than your target)
>>
>>46246217
What exactly do you mean by "interesting" fights and what gameplay are you going for?
>>
>>46246342
So are you in a pink mohawk game or not, Chummer? Because it sounds like you want lethality, but gun control is a staple of a mirror-shades/trenchcoat game.
>>
File: 1381842800002.gif (2 MB, 346x194) Image search: [Google]
1381842800002.gif
2 MB, 346x194
>>46246393
Shadowrun is sorta dystopian future set in a corporate fascist setting, where basically the most relevant part is money and lives matter really little.
The latter part has been an established part of the settings for basically decades now.

The Idea that killing Dany Donut, the coroporate wageslave guard on duty and a few of his fellow guards makes some sort of meaningful impact on how the target of your run reacts to you (for example) stealing some multimillions in paydata is pretty ridiculous in my book.

>Lofwyr my Liege, some runners stole some data about the newest Modell of our BMW Turboblitzkrieg, that will cost us millions!
>Ah, what an unfortunate incident, but alas, let them be, we have bigger problems to tackle, I need SK back on the corporate throne where it belongs
>My liege, they also killed 4 Guards and damaged property worth 2000 Nuyen with bulletshots
>WHAT? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS, SEND THE SAEDERSTAFFEL OUT TO GET THEM, THEIR FAMILIES AND ALL OF THEIR FRIENDS!
>>
>>46246703

Think of this this way:

- Lofwyr will want your head anyway
- Whether or not the family/ company obliged to upholding "we care for each other" image/ vengenful spirit will be onto you is you choice
- Also, reputation for popping peoople left and right means some more squeamish Johnsons won't offer you jobs.
>>
>>46246703
Addendum:
And no, i don't know about the amount of trenchcoat and mirrorshades to expect, but since the GM basically stated "walking around with a sword in broad daylight is not really a problem", i doubt he is planning on a pacifist campaign.
>>
>>46246703
Find yourself another group with a GM not having the game set in Japan, I'd say.

It might be ridiculous in your book, but that's clearly what he is going for.
>>
>>46246703
no it's more like
>Boss, runners have stolen our new Cyber-Crocs prototype
>Shit. Well at least we have 20 other products. This won't make a difference
>Also the runners killed half of our security
>send the investigators out. I want them found and killed. If we don't weed this problem out now it will drive us into ruin
>>
>>46246703
But are you the GM or a player? The GM may have reached different conclusions then you (and I haven't seen you say anything regarding the GM's opinion on this).

Ultimately, it's about a loss of face and psychology. Danny Donut doesn't matter, but the headlines Horizon airs on the trids tomorrow morning will blow it out of proportions. An important part of the facade that keeps wageslaves complacent begins to crack. Maybe they liked Danny, or their bosses just fill in the holes with plaster due to budget cuts.

Bringing the shadows out of the shadows makes people uneasy, and internal corp politics will make light of this as well. They'll want vengeance for making the company look weak and unsafe. And if they have footage or an eyewitness, they'll get it.
>>
>>46246788
>- Lofwyr will want your head anyway

Yes, exactly.
And thats the part where this whole mirrorshadesdon'tfirebulletskillingistotesevilsmkay?-thingie gets ridiculous.

Money matters.
Why would i go out of my way to not kill some guards on duty (note: thats not the same as entering the facility with two Trolls carrying Assault Cannons as the vanguard) if said killing is making an almost invisible dent on the targets financial holdings, compared to the actual aim of the run?

If Goldsnout or w/e is comming after me anyways, why risk my ass even more by constantly avoiding dany donut instead of just tripplepopping him with a silenced weapon from the darkness?
At least now i'm sure he won't be able to catch me and raise the alarm outside of my timing.

And the familly of Donutman and his buddies?
Screw me, if i left enough evidence that somebody who earns fucknothing in money can track me down, the corp that i initially targeted will have had my head way earlier.
>>
>>46246795
Ask, find out. This campaign might require a different style then you're assuming. And yeah, it sucks if this isn't what you're looking for, but not being onboard during the campaign will feel even worse.
>>
>>46246958
>>46246849
>>
>>46246849
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If your security is costing such a disproportionate amount that you care more about replacing it than losing the products you sell, something is very very wrong in your accounting.

regards, a person who had way to much financial shit in uni and knows how much money is spend on security in companies that develope shit for spacecrafts.
>>
>>46246963
Violence is okay, firearms not (if you are found with them, which might have been an outlet if i had built a char with high palming skills or somebody with cyberarms), except for specific cases where they might be needed and provided.
>>
>>46246958
This is actually a pretty interesting concept for a character or an interesting aspect to get into. It just might be hard to pull off if the GM doesn't know this is the attitude they'll have (you haven't said whether they know) and, yet again, you need to be prepared for the GM having a completely different take on things.
>>
>>46247060
I remember there being a part in some book, slips my mind which, but the money they put into post-murderous-run can easily be the most expensive part of dealing with a run- life insurance paying out, finding new security, giving counselling and therapy to the other employees after their colleagues were gunned down by terrorists, and dealing with the PR after the fact; it's a lot better for everyone involved to not kill anyone.
>>
>>46247129
Violence can mean beating the shit out of people, defacing/destroying property, and even murder. But murdering anyone in your way is a huge step above that.

It's something that would fit a really dark mowhawk game (or possibly mirrorshades or black trenchcoat). But fucking make sure the GM and the other players are on board first. There are clearly different styles if what cyberpunk means, as people disagreeing with you proves. It doesn't take much time to ask a question and you can even include a situation like that in your characters' backstory if you'd like to see how it would play out (and thus wouldn't lose your slot in the game, if you're worried about that).
>>
File: katana_by_guweiz-d9puroi.jpg (161 KB, 1024x808) Image search: [Google]
katana_by_guweiz-d9puroi.jpg
161 KB, 1024x808
>>46244642
Full weeb samurai street sam adept.

Blades, japanocorp background, the works.
>>
File: 8RTCyzQ.jpg (572 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
8RTCyzQ.jpg
572 KB, 1920x1920
>>46247170
You still assume the "go in guns blazing" part, which is by no means a mandatory correlation to the "kill people besides the main target" part.

>Life insurance:
Usually something the hired goon has to take care of for himself, the one paying usually won't be the employee but a third party.

>Finding new security
Only a problem when you geeked some highly competent HTR team and then its still the same as above. If something is worth being guarded by an HTR, its sure as hell plenty times more expensive than the hiring cost of some Ex-Marines.

>counseling and therapy
You get these when you actually witness the deed or when it happened during your hours in the same building or complex.
If "hearing about some terrorist attack" qualified for psychological aid, TV stations and newspapers would have an interesting time.

And regarding examples from the books:
Seriously?
Just look at the short stories in Core.
Hell, the chapter about rigging begins with a story where some runners crash a military Chopper in a frigging city and run&gun has a story about an Adept using nades.

I'm not even the type for "guns go blazing all the time, hell, i think i'm the most pacifist in my current group and that ones 50% women.
But this idea of "killing on a run is creating problems" is some sort of oversimplistic bullshit in my book, that has really no significant support from the lore, logic and the rules system.

>>46247163
>you need to be prepared for the GM having a completely different take on things.

Sure, if the GM goes that way, thats how it will be, I'm not a party pooper.

But a) i don't think it that the pendulum will swing that far to one side so I don't really want to build a character made for this (yet) and b)
I'm arguing here on a more general term.The Turboshades attitude some annons here seem to have is a bit over the top in my book and more suited for a different setting.
>>
>>46247454
>The Turboshades attitude some annons here seem to have is a bit over the top in my book and more suited for a different setting.

You are entitled to your opinion. But in the end, it's just a matter of opinion. As for your current situation, either swallow the pill and focus on nonlethal weaponry, create another character or find another group.
>>
Would an AI piloting an anthro drone as their body use gunnery skill or the weapon skill to shoot?
>>
>>46247749
Mounted weapons use gunnery.
>>
>>46243805
I get the distinct feeling some GMs treat a 25 karma negative quality as being the biggest, worst possible collection of calamities a PC could choose to be paid off for.

I try to keep karma to drama ratio equal, whether it comes from one source or a half dozen seemingly harmless ones.
>>
>>46247627
Why should i?
The only ones assuming "swords are okay, guns are not" would implie a heavily non-violent approach are 1 or 2 annons ITT.

I don't really buy into this and find the logic behind this quite questionable, seeing as blades are about as far away from non-lethality as the moon from earth.
There isn't really much you can do besides killing with a katana, which the GM already deemed good to go with.
>>
Does HeroLab have functioning AI character building?
>>
>>46247823
>Why should i?

Because your character has STR 3. Even with the largest melee in the game, you'd only get a 8P base damage when swinging your huge 2-handed ax/sword around, which is lower than the base damage of a stun baton, mono-whip or good taser. And no amount of martial arts or whatever other shit you might think about taking will make your character not be a liability in melee.

Again: either suck it up, rework your character to have a high STR or find yourself a group that is not allergic to guns.
>>
>>46247454
>not a party pooper
I'm glad you aren't. I was concerned based on the language you were using (talking about your opinion, not talking about the group's) that you might be, sorry for jumping to conclusions. It sounds like your group is ready to go.

Maybe talk to your GM about getting lethal equivalents to the baton and taser balance reasons? Tweaking your character's stats might also give you more options.
>>
>>46247799
Some anons a couple threads back were talking about how if you take a 25 karma negative quality you should be fucked at every avenue for forever.
>>
File: DanD birthcontrol.gif (105 KB, 576x1183) Image search: [Google]
DanD birthcontrol.gif
105 KB, 576x1183
>>46247975
>Because your character has STR 3. Even with the largest melee in the game, you'd only get a 8P base damage when swinging your huge 2-handed ax/sword around, which is lower than the base damage of a stun baton, mono-whip or good taser. And no amount of martial arts or whatever other shit you might think about taking will make your character not be a liability in melee.

See and THATS a sound argument, unlike this mirrorshit.

Reworking my earlier question:
Which MA and consecutively, which single technique should i chose to complement a club weapon?
>>
File: 1451701061001.gif (591 KB, 512x631) Image search: [Google]
1451701061001.gif
591 KB, 512x631
>>46248067
I'm not a big fan of begging for special treatments desu, i tend to prefer it everybody is treated a an equal.
Had to already deviate from this (Char was only possible to build in Sum-to-10 because GM didn't want Metahumans, rest build with normal gen), so i don't want to push it any further by asking for more.

I found the Shock glove, the Stun Baton and some wierd double-stunstaff. Are there any other viable electro weapons besides tasers?
Speaking of the latter:
Wired or Projectiles? The Damagecode of the Defiance is quite high, so i'm tempted to get it and slap a smartgun on it, so its usable with low skill (1, lel).
>>
>>46248130
Take Bartitsu. It grants you access to Disarm, Riposte and Sweep.

Disarm might be a bit hard to pull off, but Riposte allows you to counterattack instead of just defending. And Sweep allows you to deal damage with a knockdown attempt, even if your net hits + STR is not enough to knock your opponent prone.
>>
>>46247975
>An electrified baton is a more dangerous weapon than a broadsword
Thanks shadowrun
>>
I'm currently playing a troll who wanted to be called Panzer, but got saddled with the name Wombat. See, he's tough as nails. Exceptional Body, maxed out of course. Bone lacing, dermal plating, platelet factories, the works. Dude could take a goddamn rocket to the face and keep going.

He got the name Wombat because he killed a target by letting his car hit him at full speed. Smashed right through the windshield and crushed him. He also once killed a man by jumping from a building and landing on his head. Though I haven't actually gotten to try it yet, mathematically he should be able to strap a couple of kilos of plastic explosive to his chest and walk away only moderately injured.

Am I being a dick? I mean, it's not like he's crazy overpowered due to all his nuyen and a shitload of stat points having gone into making him a brick shithouse, but the dude is literally tougher than an armored car when fully geared up. I mean, sure, magic can still fuck him up, but could my desire to play a near-invincible troll brick who kills people in ridiculous ways actually be a shitty power gaming move that makes my GM shit himself with rage?
>>
>>46248460
Well, if I got jumped in a dark alley I'd rather have a cattle prod on steroids than a katana, no matter how sharp it was. Just point and zap, no physical strength or skill put into the equation.
>>
>>46247454
>But this idea of "killing on a run is creating problems" is some sort of oversimplistic bullshit in my book, that has really no significant support from the lore, logic and the rules system.

Hey, I'm just saying what I remember from reading. And besides, since when did Shadowrun use logic?
>>
>>46248687
Since always? You need it for decking and your technical active skills!
>>
>>46248567
No it really isn't. There are enough ways beside "manabolt LOL" to deal with a brick shithouse.
>>
>>46248833
Depending on whether or not that anon maxed out their Willpower, too, they might be supremely susceptible to Stun damage
>>
>Spec Ops badasses in mook gear undercover
>Party gets rekt and has to retreat
>One guy in the party starts bitching about their dice pools and shows me exactly where the entry for rentacops is and what their stats are
>Keeps bitching, shouts shit at me when I say "Trust me," gets all passive aggressive and grumpy
>Spoil ooc what they are to shut him up
>He acts like I'm the badguy

Do I kick him?
>>
>>46249506

Yes.
>>
>>46249506
I'm planning on doing something similar, and to avoid stuff like this I'm going to give the party perception/knowledge tests IC for them to be able to notice stuff like
>These guys are using trigger discipline, and are controlling their shots, normal neoanarchists dont do this
>They're quite professional for street rats
>Normally gangers don't stack up and use breaching techniques
That guy sounds like a cunt, though.
>>
>>46248833
>>46248954
He actually has fairly solid magic/stun defense. Nowhere near his "HMGs with APDS rounds barely sting" levels of physical defense, but definitely above average. Maybe my GM is just missing the obvious, but I'm seriously starting to think about dropping hints that elemental damage bypasses a lot of my armor (no non-conductivity for dermal plating, omae) since he keeps throwing dudes with large guns and/or mages that just become priority targets at me. A bunch of disposable goons with tasers/flamethrowers/canisters of liquid nitrogen would probably do better than a squad of Ares attack helicopters at this point.
>>
>>46249871

Can I see this character sheet?
>>
>>46249506
Depending on how it went down, I'd probably allow some sort of roll for my players to realize the obvious fact that these dudes are far too well-trained and equipped to be what they look like.

But if someone starts bitching like that, the best thing to do is just take him aside and explain he's ruining the game for everyone else, and that you'll have to get rid of him if he doesn't start behaving. In my experience, a lot of people don't always realize what assholes they're being.
>>
File: 1454094697250.png (69 KB, 246x260) Image search: [Google]
1454094697250.png
69 KB, 246x260
>giving my group their briefcase full of money tonight so they can shop before next session
I swear to god if they blow it on anything except +ini dice cyberware
>>
File: Untitled.png (886 KB, 964x1283) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
886 KB, 964x1283
>>46245530
Even Shadowrun Britain has extremely severe gun control laws.

I ran a campaign in the UK where the team showed up to get a job, wee promised all sorts of restricted high-end military geear for their run. They were practically foaming at the mouth and then they open these weapon crates and find tasers and shit because that's super restricted in the uk lol
>>
>>46250535
To be fair, Military Grade in britain is the same as everywhere else.
Unless the SAS are using tasers and stun batons.
>>
File: 1436040617092.jpg (237 KB, 1400x602) Image search: [Google]
1436040617092.jpg
237 KB, 1400x602
>>46249615
>using neoanarchists as badguys

smdh desu senpai
>>
>>46250646
But they aren't neo-anarchists, they're a PMC leased by Horizons to a neo-anarchist organization to help them wreck a Shiawase fashion show, and in exchange the neo-anarchist group won't target Horizon.
>>
File: 1456524521131.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
1456524521131.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
>>46250623
yeah but I wanted to learn that their new fixer was kind of a useless idiot, and get them into the feel of a location where even pistols and rifles were difficult to get hold of. It set up a nice simple run later on for raiding some security depots for better gear, and I like throwing in simple stuff like that from time to time as a palate cleanser
>>
>>46250780
Ah, fair enough.
A Britain/Nippon game might be fun, where you can't just cart around an Ares Alpha everywhere.
>>
File: 1435692918026.jpg (88 KB, 492x705) Image search: [Google]
1435692918026.jpg
88 KB, 492x705
post thick troll wifes imo
>>
File: 1458930828895.jpg (93 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458930828895.jpg
93 KB, 600x600
>>46251021
UNGH
THICKER
>>
File: 1437023327254.jpg (132 KB, 1000x1378) Image search: [Google]
1437023327254.jpg
132 KB, 1000x1378
>>46251021
>>
File: Well Hung Dwarves.jpg (585 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
Well Hung Dwarves.jpg
585 KB, 1200x960
>>46251087
Thick enough?
>>
>>46251021
:3
>>
>>46250464
I refuse wired reflexes on principle simply because it's so goddamn ubiquitous.
>>
>>46251201
MBW or bust, chummer.
Fuck having a social limit higher than 0.
>>
After replaying Deus Ex for the millionth time, I'm hankering for playing a Gunther Hermann style tinboy. What's my best option? Is it worth going for alphaware cyberlimbs at character creation or should I wait and gradually replace my weak flesh with higher grade cyberware as time progresses?
>>
>>46251087
Witness the thickness, omae
>>
>>46251288
Go for biocompatability instead (or both)
Resources A + Black market pipeline
Fill them with armour and high agi/str and be he brickest shithouse
>>
File: 1437141645569.jpg (19 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
1437141645569.jpg
19 KB, 675x900
>>46251307
>>
>>46251307
Looks like a girl I used to work with.
>>
>>46251256
There ain't no party like an MBW party, cause an MBW party is always shaking.
>>
File: 1456526965024.jpg (1021 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456526965024.jpg
1021 KB, 1920x1080
>>46251288
Might I suggest a skul-gun for your head before some scum we all know pushes smack for NSF gets jumpy and draws, and you take 2 .22's, 1 in flesh, 1 in augs, befor you can get out that dam asalt gun.
>>
>>46251422
>mfw my party members say "Wait, they only have two init dice? This will be easy" and I mutter under my breath "alright then, 32..."
>>
File: 1435777143490.jpg (226 KB, 1001x329) Image search: [Google]
1435777143490.jpg
226 KB, 1001x329
>>46251021
I think this is a female troll??? i mean it could be! trolls all look the same to me
>>
>>46251422
>>46251256

MBW?
>>
>>46251578
Move-By-Wire
>>
File: THICK.jpg (140 KB, 461x1600) Image search: [Google]
THICK.jpg
140 KB, 461x1600
>>46251021
>>46251087
>>46251125
>>46251186
>>46251198
>>
>>46251578
Move By Wire.
Each level adds 1 REA and 3 init, and any level past one gives you one extra init die, it also reduces your social limit by it's rating.
Ex:
Level three MBW gives you +3 REA, +9+1d6 init and -3 social limit.
>>
>>46251288
If memory serves me right, you should be able to replace all your limbs with cyber equivalents without using all your essence. Or at the very least be close enough that you'll only need one or two to be alphaware. Just remember that Orks and Trolls aren't that useful if you want cyberlimbs. Sure, you can get a strength 13 cyberarm, but you're paying out the ass when it's easier, cheaper and more effective to just get muscle replacements. Not that isn't funny to have a character that can throw knives that deal more damage than most conventional firearms.
>>
>>46251614
>>46251629
And the joke was that move-by-wire puts your body in a permanent seizure in order to give you super twitch reflexes. So the party is always shaking because you have mechanically induced epilepsy.
>>
>>46251658
Full cyberlimb builds do get to just dump STR/AGI for the most part though, which lets you put points into other things.
>>
File: Temmie.gif (278 KB, 117x112) Image search: [Google]
Temmie.gif
278 KB, 117x112
>>46251614
>>46251629
>>46251658

Oh, I think I understand then
>pic related
>>
>>46251716
I love that it's just like
>Hey how do we go fast
>Lets force ourselves to constantly be having a seizure by zapping our nerves
>Fucking genius
>>
>>46251629
And counts as skillwires of twice its rating. Very useful all-in-one as long as you never plan on making any social tests.
>>
>>46251355
Does the armor in different cyberlimbs stack? I assumed it was just for hits to that location, then I realized there were no hit locations and that helmets just gave a flat armor bonus. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>46251759
Basically.
I've actually got my players convinced an NPC is just a druggie because how I describe her twitching and stuff all the time.
>>
>>46251818
Nope, stacking armor inside limbs is one of the most efficient ways to boost your dicepool as a sam.
>>
>>46251818
It stacks.
So if you've got 6 limbs (legs arms body skull) you can just hang out with 18 armour naked.
>>
>Playing on a pro trenchcoat team in Manhattan
>The team has taken everything the gm has thrown at us with ease due to gear, skill and tactics
>On a special mission that's sending us to California
>Have a stopover at Chicago because reasons
>Face decides she wants to see an insect spirit at least once in her life and convinces us all to go
>"It's not like we couldn't handle it, right?"
>Get jumped by 3 roaches at the edge of the exclusion zone
>My assault rifle can't break their armor and I've switched to burst firing sns ammo to at least have some effect on them
>The sniper is barely plinking away at their health using his most expensive tank killer ammo
>The mage, who has up until now spent all his time on the back line throwing around support magics, is fighting for his life and throwing down all the magics and is visibly starting to burn out
>The face is a pile of meat and blood that is barely alive
>The hacker (4rth ed) is clinging to the bleeding meat pile that is the face as cover and crying because her emergency pistol is out of ammo and she has a broken leg and can't run and all her skills are geared towards winning arguments on the internets
We did survive and eventually recovered after a lot of time in certain friendly hospitals (and a lot of plastic surgery for the face), we vowed never to go anywhere near Chicago ever again and were far less willing to even leave the East coast.
>>
>>46250816
Its only fun when everybody plays a mundane.
Else its Gandalf and his luggage boys.
>>
File: 1312338766603.jpg (57 KB, 586x438) Image search: [Google]
1312338766603.jpg
57 KB, 586x438
>>46251859

>Armor Stacking Limbs
>Sleeping Tiger with Gel Packs
>Forearm guards with Gel Packs
>Ballistic mask
>>
>>46251716
>>46251784

German Version added a simple "off-switch" to MBW, makes this shit a gazillion times more usefull.
>>
>>46251921
And titanium bones as a troll with 13 body via exceptional attribute, geneware, and metagenetic improvement.
>>
>>46251921
>Forearm guards with gelpacks

Thats just asking for a slap with the Mayan edition of the corebook.
>>
>>46251921
I hope you like being knocked flat on your ass if someone so much as high-fives you
>>
>>46251733
The issues for trolls and orks in particular is both the AVA and the relatively small benefits of installing cyberlimbs when your base stats are so much higher. For example, even a troll that doesn't put a single point in strength will be almost as strong as a maxed (but non-enhanced) cyberlimb. The cost and availability required to exceed their racial maximum is pretty goddamn ludicrous. Sure, you can punch through walls, but simply dumping a few points into strength and then buying some cheap strength boosting augs will give you the same effect or better. Starting at 3 and capping at 6 at character creation means you really want to play a character with a somewhat lower cap to maximize your gains. Remember that while enhancements can be added to piece by piece, to get a limb with a higher rating you will need to buy a completely new one. There's also the question forums whether going full cyber invalidates the troll natural armor, since while it's technically not a skin modification, it does mean you have almost no natural skin left.

Either way, humans or elves work better chromed out since their baseline stats benefit more from replacing limbs. Dwarves are a sort of middle ground. Trolls and orks don't really benefit from dump-statting strength.
>>
>>46251921
Toss in a pain editor, since all damage is stun they'll need to do [stun track] + [phys track × 2] (since 2S overflow = 1P) + [BOD * 2] (Overflow and 2S = 1S) to actually get you down.
>>
>>46251921
>tfw the corp hired a mage with stunbolt
>>
>>46251453
You.

I like your style.
>>
>>46251878
>"I want to see an insect spirit"
right there, you should've tied her up and went to california with her kept inside a dog carrier
>>
>>46251966
>German Version added a simple "off-switch" to MBW
So they removed the only weakness? Lame.
>>
>>46252164
>and capping at 6 at character creation
Wait, where's that in the book? I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>46251878
>>Face decides she wants to see an insect spirit at least once in her life
That's about the point you shoot the face full of SnS and keep driving.
>>
>>46252686
Look at character creation in the core. It's the page after the priority table.
>>
File: 1263845972775-1.jpg (7 KB, 226x166) Image search: [Google]
1263845972775-1.jpg
7 KB, 226x166
>>46252592
dont forget the german changes to skillwires/jack
>>
File: Page after priority table.png (762 KB, 760x945) Image search: [Google]
Page after priority table.png
762 KB, 760x945
>>46252778
Either I'm blind or it's not there. The closest I can think of that fits is the racial maximums, which vary depending on metatype instead of being a flat cap of 6. And that's mentioned as a limit on the customized attributes later in the book.
>>
>>46252686
You can't get gear with an availability over 12 or a rating above 6. Which means that a troll or ork is generally better off investing a few points into their actual stats. Particularly since you can only carry over 5000 nuyen, so you can't even go resources A and save the cash for when you find someone able to provide powerful enough cyberware. You're essentially throwing away hundreds of thousands of nuyen when you could just throw a few stat points into strength and buying comparatively cheap (in both nuyen and essence) muscle augmentations. I mean, you could do it for the armor, but that isn't too hard to come by for trolls.
>>
>>46252963
Page 94. A character has three restrictions on gear. Maximum augmentation is racial maximum +4, no availability above 12, and no device rating above 6.
>>
>>46253180
>>46253255
>Device Ratings of 6 or less or an Availability of 12 or less
Device Rating =/= Rating. Cyberlimbs don't have a rating anyway. And if that IS the rule somehow, that's another stupid-ass nerf to cyberlimbs that I'll be ignoring, because really.
>>
>>46252592
This is also its appallingly high essence use for a relatively shitty initiative booster.
>>
>>46245187
Pick pacifist, get a pain inducer and shock weapons/armor.
>>
>>46253447
Cyberlimbs start at 3 STR and 3 AGI and can only be customized to the your racial max. You also need to add +1 to the availability for each point of AGI/STR you add to the cyberlimbs stats. These customizations are completely different from the cyberlimb enhancements that only add to AGI/STR on top of the cyberlimb's stats.
>>
>>46251422
>always shaking
Kek.
>>
>>46251422
A whole lotta shakin' goin' on at that party.
>>
where's the table for learning times for skills?
>>
File: 1458625030248.jpg (57 KB, 564x559) Image search: [Google]
1458625030248.jpg
57 KB, 564x559
>>46253618
>Pacifist

Also known as "We're going to do things my way always, I don't care if your character's only ability is shooting, my one quality overrides that."
>>
>>46252164
A troll can have a cyberarm at 10 str and 4 agi or 9 str and 5 agi at chargen, still a very good value in exchange for not having to buy up to 9/10 strength (cyclopses get hit a bit harder though). Orks have no availability issues.
>>
>>46251733
Full cyberlimb will cost you too much to be able to do anything useful. Punch/shooty arm is good for riggers/deckers, legs for someone who want run really fast. There is no point to go full cyber unless it's your fetish.
>>
>>46253565
>i cannot into statistics
Here we go again.
>>
>>46253822
Gel rounds and stick and shock.
>>
>>46253822
>what is gel rounds
>what is sns rounds
And I am not even judging your murderhobo build.
But in general pacifist sucks for its cost, better take code of honor.
>>
So let me get this straight, internal router lets me get all my 'ware wireless bonuses without risking hacking?
>>
File: 1457963815844.jpg (100 KB, 480x367) Image search: [Google]
1457963815844.jpg
100 KB, 480x367
>>46254051
>>46254057
There's a difference between murderhobo and knowing sometimes you just have to shoot at people with real bullets. I'm not even talking about killing them. And unlike the latest pacifist teammate I have, I'm not a trollbow with 30 some dice for damage resistance.

If pacifist teammates want to cover the cost of stick n shock ammo for me, I'd be more than happy to accommodate them.
>>
>>46254120
No

Just the things like the quick-loading function of a smartgun or the engagement of a smuggling compartment. YOu can't get things like the skillwire's wireless downloads because it requires an outside network.

This is almost word-for-word of the actual Internal Router entry
>>
>>46253822
>quality doesn't say that
>crying about shaking things up in play a little bit
>crappy character that can only do one thing
>gel rounds and stick&shock are a thing. in 4th, shock is straight-up more powerful then normal ammo, and less likely to get individuals angry at you

alright
>>
>>46254343

But I mean like, Wireless bonuses for my Wired Reflexes, Cyberarms, Cybereyes, etc. I can use all that with the wireless off so I have no fear of my arms choking me to death
>>
>>46254398
Yes, though you could keep that stuff off wireless anyway and it wouldn't matter all that much. The real price you're paying is the .7 essence of the router, which is a lot for the kind of chrome-hog that has a bunch of wireless bonuses worth worrying about.
>>
>>46254198
>posting low resolution .jpgs
>the year of our lord and savior jesus christ 2016
>not knowing about waifu2x
>laughing-girls.webm

Educate yourself my trog.

http://waifu2x.booru.pics/
>>
>>46254593
Why should anyone care about random anime slut? It's like you actually keep these pictures on your computer.
>>
Psst, chummers! I got a few "centaur schoolgirls in heat" .btls going cheap; only 5,000nuyen each!
>>
>>46255022
HORSE FACE_
>>
File: Foster_resized.png (108 KB, 210x310) Image search: [Google]
Foster_resized.png
108 KB, 210x310
>>46254969
Shit works with more than anime son, check this shitlord.
>>
there really needs to be more vehicles and guns
or at least stats for vintage and legacy versions.

>amc javelin
>beat the dodge charger in 70 and 71 at the TRANS AM
i want one because I love the idea of a 100 year old car tearing up the roads after being modded to hell.
>>
File: Foster.png (1 MB, 1300x1274) Image search: [Google]
Foster.png
1 MB, 1300x1274
>>46254969
>>46254593
>>46255158
>>
>>46255162
You'd need a completely new engine. Bio-fuel or electric are the only two options for cars in Shadowrun (Maybe hydrogen for more powerful vehicles? I'm not too sure.)
>>
>>46255474
>need a new engine
>because of fuel
not at all actually
there are all kinds of engines in shadowrun
biofuel, hybrids, electric, gas and even diesel engines are still used. hell, even in the multifuel engines it says "liquid coal"

now, if you had said "need a new engine due to lack of functional parts"you'd be completely correct. as currently AMC has been out of business since 87. it'd be cheaper to motor swap.

but that's how it is with all cars.
>dodge charger from 1970
>2015 hellcat motor makes 707 HP at the crank and is a decent daily driver
>v10 dodge viper makes 1000 HP and has shit economy
>>
>>46255474
another thing
>ethanol
>synthetic gasoline
>blue crude
>gasoline
the T model ford can run them all. modern cars can as well, but they just need different rubber seal and hoses.
>>
>>46255162
In 4th ed, they gave examples of comparable equipment, and also had several PDFs chock full of older equipment. Some of my favorites were This Old Drone and Euro War Antiquities. These also included qualities that could be used to make any gear older and shittier.
>>
>>46256997
but gear from 4e doesn't translate correctly to 5e. and I'd like more real world equipment. like 1911, or m16.

the god damn m1a, m1 garand, SVD, are still in the game. so i know its not a lack of ammunition

>Need my 100 year old gun fix
>>
>>46255179
It obviously doesn't work at all.
>>
>>46254535
Also kind of annoying to pay extra precious essence to cyberware to do something it should already be able to do logically due it all supposedly being connected with a direct neural interface. But somehow it's more efficient to go roundabout via wireless and add an additional link to the chain rather just signal the device directly.
>>
>>46257095
>Wanting dirty old guns
Fracking luddites
>>
>>46257669
>my gun lasted 160 years
>how long will your gun last?
>>
>>46257745
As long as it takes Ares to make a new version of that gun.
>>
>>46257095
I stated 5 AR variants and 5 AK variants basing them off the stuff from 5e and "balanced" them.

The AR-15s trade damage for accuracy and RC, the AKs deal higher damages but suffer from RC. The better the variant, the more the price/better stats. The low tier weapons have zero RC and meh accuracy. The higher tier variants are comparable to the regular assault rifles that are available now, but they're cheaper yet Vintage.

They're okay, IMO.
>>
File: blitzen.png (726 KB, 852x519) Image search: [Google]
blitzen.png
726 KB, 852x519
>>46256997
The things you could do with this at character creation. Good times.
>>
>>46257745
>Old guns are more reliable
Yes because they are made out of advanced carbon fiber materials with ceramic heatsinks, smooth as glass actions, advanced recoil compensation devices, and flawless caseless ammo.

Old guns being more reliable is a meme.
>>
>>46257825
>>46257976
Colt is still making guns in the future. the colt special agent is a compact 1911.

>>46257976
too bad you have to reinforce the gun for when you want to pistol whip some one.
>>
File: Capture2.png (3 KB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
3 KB, 177x150
>>46257095
4e had both of those guns in Gun Haven (the first one). The reason stuff like the M1 are in 5e is that Gun Haven 3 had 5e stats jammed in with its 4e stats, since it was so late coming out that 5e core had already dropped. Don't expect more antique equipment for 5e any time soon, but perhaps in the fairly distant future the content in those books will find its way back to life.
>>
>>46258066
>too bad you have to reinforce the gun for when you want to pistol whip some one.
That's just Shadowrun's system being noguns as frag. Come on, need I list how noguns it is?
>>
>>46257976
Not that anon, but you do understand that there are people using 40+ year old weapons in combat zones RIGHT NOW, and effectively, yes?
>>
>>46258096
but how do i put those guns into 5e?
>>
>>46258226
Honestly I was thinking about spending some time on /tg/ and just restating all of those weapons over by taking the guns they made from Gun Heaven 3 as an example for what should be what.
>>
>>46258148

No friend, that's just Shadowrun being the only cyberfantasy RPG currently sold and supported on the market.

If I'm wrong and there's another, for gods sakes someone tell me.
>>
>>46258364
ditto

gun heaven does get some consistencies with shell types
>>
>>46258225
Sure, but generally the newer something is, the more advanced and effective it is.

Sure, you can use 40 year old weapons effectively, and I'm sure the M16a1 could still be viable in Shadowrun, but the newer weapons are just plain superior. Take the Sturmgewehr and compare it to the US Military's M16a3. One is clearly better and more advanced than the others. More efficient propellant, better ballistics, better action, etc, etc.
>>
>>46258448
Those are indeed good comparisons. But some weapons are simply really freaking good.

Think of the AK-47/AKM. A robust rifle that can be easily repaired and used by anyone, that uses a larger caliber of ammunition. That would still be very useful.
>>
>Party steals an experimental gun from an Ares-wannabe AA corp
>Delivers it to Ares Johnson

How much would the Johnson pay for 30 rounds of the unique ammunition and a file containing the gun's blueprints and specs?

How much could they expect to get for the blueprints if they tried selling it to some other faction/their fixer/whatever?
>>
>>46258366
Write your own setting, use GURPs or something.
Or convert Shadowrun to a less game-y system.
There's a Old World of Darkness Cyberpunk supplement, but I suppose that's hardly what you want, without the waifu races and the black peo- I mean orks.
>>
>>46258853
Yes, but 80 years of R&D is a lot of time to improve on weaponry. We've just had a little over 70 years since WW2, and look how far weaponry has come. I can say without a doubt that in 2070-whatever that the weapons of the Cold War and early 2000s will look primitive in material, cartridge, and ergonomics.
>>
>>46258972
Shadowrun setting is very tighten with mechanics. I like gurps, but then I have to somehow represent edge and related qualities (because I think it's really cool, but Luck advantage just doesn't fit well enough), backfire from spellcasting (because for most magic systems you just pay with fatigue or something, you never got your ass burned because you bite too much), expand cyberware arsenal, technomancers being their own thing and not just mages casting on computers like some splat suggests. Also, still no rules for vehicle building/modification.
>>
>>46259216
Cyberpunk 2020 could work for Shadowrun. I started writing up a conversion at some point but never really got it finished.

For GURPS, at least in the cyberware department, you can just take any advantage or disadvantage and slap the "Electric; -20%" modifier on it, then name it something fancy and cyberware-y.
>>
>>46258226
Their is no 1 to 1 conversion. However, since this is a tabletop game, you can always ask your GM.

Now in order to ask you GM, a well though out proposal is sometimes helpful so lets look at how to do that. For example we will use the M-16

The M-16 in 4e is 6P, -1AP, SA/BF/FA, 0RC, 30(m), 4R, 700nY

The most similar guns that have stats in both systems are the Colt M-23 and AK-97, which, in 4e, differ, from both each-other and the M-16, only in cost, avalbity and magazine size.

Now in 5e the AK-97 is 10P and -2AP, and the M-23 is 9P and -2AP, and it gets cheaper (750nY->550nY). Since the M-22/23 family replaced the M-16/4 one, it make no sense for the M-16 to outperform the M-23, so I would stat an M-16 as 9P, -2AP, SA/BF/FA, 0RC, 30(m), 4R, 500nY.
>>
>>46259772
it makes sense to be about the same as the m23, except its vintage
>>
>>46258858
It would definitely tarnish the team's reputation and earn them some notoriety if they did that. It would probably get them more money though.
>>
How would you guys run a player character that's a Smuggler? Isn't looting not allowed? They can't really like, sell shit.
>>
File: 119.jpg (81 KB, 600x886) Image search: [Google]
119.jpg
81 KB, 600x886
I recently uploaded a few albums of guns, robots, vehicles ect that could be useful for peoples campaigns.

http://smhtbhfam.imgur.com/
>>
>>46253447
>Nerf to cyberlimbs
It's to prevent a starting character with strength 13, armor 34, agility 8, body 12 and a goddamn million health boxes. You can still buy better shit, you just can't start out with fucking deltaware at troll racial maximums. Trolls and Orks don't need cyberlimbs anyway, and it would fit the fluff to a T that finding ones adapted for them would be expensive and rare.
>>
>>46262004
Riding around country/city while party is on the mission?
Unless your whole group is working as smugglers, there is no way this will work.
>>
>>46262004
You can loot, just be sure to invest in a tag scrambler. Also maybe take some gunsmithing skills in case you pick up any personalized gear. Don't want the next owner of that rifle asking who Skag the Bloodfist is plus, you know, forensics and shit.
>>
>>46262028
>10% of the world's population
>Cyberlimbs are extremely expensive and rare for them
Muhfuggen bix nood
>>
>>46262028
The fuck are you talking about? You don't have enough money to buy all this shit anyway.
This shitstorm started when some retard said that you can't have cyberlimb stat higher than 6.
>>
>>46257745
My gun has a smartlink wired directly to my cybereyes, caseless exploding bullets, a gas vent system to prevent recoil, a gyro, and shock absorbers. I can fire an entire clip's worth of exploding bullets with pinpoint accuracy, eject the clip and reload before you and your museum piece can even see me. Sure, it'll probably break down in a year or two, but I'd rather leave behind a broken gun than a rotting corpse.
>>
File: 1451607908404.jpg (51 KB, 434x428) Image search: [Google]
1451607908404.jpg
51 KB, 434x428
>>46262122

>clip
>>
>>46262133
he jury rigged an m1 grand, dont judge him
>>
>>46262122
>clip

As a /k/ommando, this will never not annoy me. Especially since the creators seem to know that a clip and a magazine are not the same thing.
>>
>>46262133
Yes, clip with bullets. Put it your gun and push the hammer. That's how guns work.
>>
>>46262004
Just play Drebin. Get a tag scrambler, a cyberdeck and a lot of social skills/contacts/whatever. Wipe gear clean, sell it to the kind of people who will pay a lot for clean guns and/or gear registered to someone else entirely.
>>
File: troll or stupid.jpg (57 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
troll or stupid.jpg
57 KB, 604x453
>>46262152
>>
>>46262133
>Implying the core book doesn't explicitly say that while it's technically the wrong term, it's become so common by 2070 that nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>46262185
>implying no self respecting shadowrunner wouldnt interrupt mid firefight to correct neo anarchist shouting "I NEED A NEW CLIP"
>>
>>46262222
>Implying you didn't just use a double negative, thus agreeing with me
>>
>>46262270
>implying no double negative doesn't mean no shit in no english
>>
File: ammo.jpg (368 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
ammo.jpg
368 KB, 1280x855
is running out of magazines in a run ever been a problem for you?
>>
File: zack.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zack.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>46262288

>implying implications regarding other anons implications about implications regarding implying
>>
>>46262301
Depends on whether or not your GM enforces any kind of encumbrance rules.
>>
>>46262110
At character creation. Which is entirely correct. Both page 94 and 118 explicitly tell you that you can't have a rating above 6 on any gear you buy at character creation.
>>
>>46262396
I meant 418, not 118.
>>
>>46262301
I usually don't kill more than 14 people on a single mission.
>>
>>46262396
Just kill yourself already. The only things that have device rating higher than 3 are commlinks, decks and RCC. And probably vehicles, but I am not sure about it.
>>
>>46262396
Device Rating and the Rating for gear aren't the same thing.
>>
File: Capture.png (145 KB, 775x302) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
145 KB, 775x302
>>46262396
>>46262447
Actually, nevermind, there is no gear with DR higher than 6.
>>
>>46262458
418 says rating, not device rating, implying they are the same thing.
>>
>>46262501
418 says "Like it says in character creation (p. 62)" implying CGL cannot into editing.
>>
>>46262324
I enforce a "you're not a soldier on the battlefield, you're someone who is mostly trying not to be conspicuous" rule, two spare mags is mostly fine.
>>
>>46244312
Since there still no cyberpunk general, ill ask here:

I need slurs for robosexuals, dudes and dudettes for really into cyborgs, robots and sex with them, dreaming becoming a machine themselves and having cyberorgy 24\7. "Toaster Fuckers" is not nearly enough.
>>
>>46262737
i assume you've seen futurama's take on robosexual's
https://vimeo.com/12915013
>>
>>46262790
Not really. It was kinda logical for a cyberpunk world to have a freaks who would prefer sex-robots rather a meatsack.
>>
>>46262737
Robocock, cyberfaggot, non-stick dick, chromepusher, brass bandit, cybophile, steel wool muncher, shock cock, robutt, socket licker.
>>
>>46262853
>socket licker
this is the one i'm using from now on
nicely done anon.
>>
>>46262737
USBi
>>
The books seem pretty vague on the subject, but what would be required to file away the metaphorical serial numbers of an item? Simply wiping the RFID tag, crashing the software and replacing it, or something more?
>>
>>46263323
I'd say that falls under the manipulations of "Changing Ownership" of the item.
>>
>>46252876
Or do. Chrome Flesh has its own changes.
>>
>>46263376
Would that erase the traces of precious owners and the movements of the item, through? I'm not just talking change of ownership, I'm talking blank slate factory reset here.
>>
>>46263383
They are nill, confirmed by Jason fucktard hardy himself in an answer to a mail from the HeroLab Guys.

So, its back to root, either use the crappy english rules or enjoy the superior german skilljack
>>
File: CPG.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
CPG.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
>>46258972
Appreciate the reply omae.

>Write your own setting,
>use GURPs or something.

I've looked into Cyberpunk GURPS with enough interest to own a copy. It's interesting to dip into, but it's old enough to predate a lot of real world trends that are dystopian enough to be used as cyberpunk conventions (ubiquitous government surveillance, CCTV everywhere, changes in warfare doctrine, post-Concorde and Space Shuttle trends in engineering, the threat baton pass from communism to terrorism).

>Or convert Shadowrun to a less game-y system.

I think there's no reason for anyone to look at what I'd done and just think of it as "someone else's house rules", because that's what it is.

I don't think I've the kind of confidence in mechanics like dice pools and glitching as the writers of first edition had back at the end of the 1980s, and I think the game suffers for not making distinctions between pink mohawk and other campaign tones and their expections (ie players don't know if their GM is totally cool with an all troll moped wizgang using ritual magic to cause carnage OR an almost Delta Green 'anyone ever knows we were here, we're all going to die by inches' horror where getting seen by the megacorp amounts to getting spotted by a vindictive Elder God).

In fact, I think the tone makes enough difference that you'd need different mechanics altogether and stats for the same object would need different scope: in a pink mohawk game, maybe the most important stat for a pistol is how big a hole it blows in you, and items are priced according to that, but in others it's assumed any gun can fire ammo that will blow chunks out of you and the most important stat is something like how untraceable it is for forensics or whether firing it will match the MO of another runner and the whole objective of the run is to frame that guy.

>There's a Old World of Darkness Cyberpunk supplement
Didn't know this existed. Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out.
>>
>>46262737
universal serial bus-fucker.
Unboxer.
Cat9-69er.
IBM("I blow machines")
>>
>>46263690
I would say that it does, yes, at least as far as the Matrix is concerned. You might need some physical make-up to camouflage very dystinctive/personalized items.
>>
>>46251878
Face I hate you but the shadowrunning game ridiculous.
>>
MONOFILAMENT WHIPS (AND SWORDS TOO, I GUESS), /SRG/

Disregarding rules, how much shit could you realistically cram into them? Can you make them superheated to cauterize the wound? Can you make them electrified to shock in addition to dismembering?
What other cool features can you imagine for them?
>>
>>46262028
Welcome to availability, which takes care of that problem.
>>
>>46264548
I have been working on homebrew rules for customizing close combat options. Stuff like monofilament edges, Elemental effects, and smartlink-esque upgrades. I'm hesitant because I wanted to give mundanes more diverse melee options. However, all of these could be taken by an adept and not help close the samurai adept gap.
>>
>>46264615
DISREGARD RULES, I just wanted to know what would seem realistic in-setting.
>>
>>46244312
AAADDDAAAAMMMMM
>>
>>46264615
Something something cyberarm upgrade that helps you hit people harder? So not just flat +strength but rather +extra strength when used to hit people with swords?
Maybe something that needs a specialized sword grip to work?
>>
>>46264615
Way of the Samurai.
>>
>>46262301

Yes because some of the runners just do spray and pray or covering fire and that shit eats through ammo like crazy.

Although most of the time if the runners need to go full dakka they have something like a steel lynx with a MMG doing to duties.
>>
>>46264629
>>46264548
'Realistic' for Shadowrun?

Just about anything. though keep in mind monofilament is rare as it is, so anything extra on top of that is Corporate tier stuff
>>
>>>46264629
All of the stuff I listed are all wizard enough to include if you have a particularly melee heavy runner group. Or you want to make an npc runner look particularly bad ass or snowflake.
I'm at work, but I have an ares laser sword homebrewed.
>>46264633
That's a good idea, I might allow cyberlimb customization with ratings, so you can boost your dice pool.
>>
>>46264633
I'd assume this would fall under the "cyberlimb optimisation" option. Maybe give that one multiple possible ratings.
>>
>>46264548
>realistically
Monowhip cannot really exists. Super hard objects tend to be fragile rather than flexible.
>>
>>46264856
Carbon nanotubes
>>
>>46264615
>Stuff like monofilament edges

- Attach a monofilament whip to the scaled down head of a garden strimmer.
- Mount on a very, very small gyro drone and have it launchable via a grenade, rocket, or guided missile (using a sabot for ballistic properties if necessary).

Hard to shoot, perhaps suicidal to melee anti-personel blender.
>>
>>46264856

Monowhips aren't hard they are incredibly thin so they can cleave through the gaps between molecules.

Of course they are complete bullshit do you really think Gibson was a materials engineer?
>>
>>46264936
>not just attaching monofilament wire to a hedge trimmer
>>
>>46264937
More modern takes don't cleave between molecules, but are just incredibly thin.
>>
>>46264869
Hence "tend". Also, carbon nanotubes aren't quite monomolecular. Thin as fuck, yes, but not quite monomolecular. Pedantry, I know, but still worth noting.
>>
>>46265000
Aren't nanotubes just giant single molecules?
>>
Apparently in SR monowhips are basically flexible diamond metal.

Of course why couldn't you just make armor out of a weave of monomolecular unobtainium?
>>
>>46265065
...because it's hard to obtain?
>>
>>46265082

SR has Dragons and Godlike AIs
>>
>>46264937
>cleave through the gaps between molecules
You don't need to be material engineer to see how stupid this sounds. At this point of bullshittery science I expect to have quantum transmitters everywhere (if not outright testing FTL drive) and Mars being on the way to become second Earth.
>>
>>46265095
Godlike AIs are completely normal sci fi, though.
>>
>>46265095
Both are magical in nature, and magic doesn't work well with science because of reasons.
>>
>>46265113

Not for anything remotely near future. Singularity is still a long way off
>>
>>46264966

Different tools for different things. Yours is the melee adept or gillete's new toy, mine is how the team's sniper and rigger send Taz of Tasmania through an ajar window, tank hatch, letterbox, chimney, or, for the sake of the classics, airvent.
>>
>>46265000
>monomolecular
Utterly worthless term. H2 is 0.74 Å wide. PG5 is 100 Å wide. And there's no upper limit on molecule size. Being a pedant about carbon nanotubes not quite being monomolecular is fucking pointless.

Also, they are monomolecular , by the definition of monomolecular: of, concerned with, or involving single molecules. A carbon nanotube is a single molecule by the definition of a molecule: An electrically neutral entity consisting of more than one atom (n > 1). Now, they're not Monoatomic, but that's a given for any molecule by definition.
>>
>>46265049
I was under the impression that it was a series of molecules arranged in a hexagonal-based tube. Turns out I was wrong. Good to know.

>>46265217
But pedantry is all I have! And not knowing this stuff is why I'm getting a 2:1 in my BEng as opposed to a 1st. Fucking materials science.
>>
>>46244312

If you had the opportunity to create a run based in Baltimore:

A) Would you actually take it and if so

B) What would the run be? Drug running? Extraction? Assassination? Hooding?
>>
>>46265873

It's all in the game son

Baltimore is perfect for a street level campaign in west Baltimore. Just make it so that all the projects are still around and even shittier than they are now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.