[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought the Necron starter box with the 12 warriors, lord
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: wizards.jpg (54 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
wizards.jpg
54 KB, 480x640
I just bought the Necron starter box with the 12 warriors, lord and stalker.

I don't have the codex yet, but what I wanted to do is have my army be led by a "Rogue Necron Warrior" who's taken the place of the unit's lord. And I'm modeling it off of Peace from Wizards (Pictured).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to modify Warrior to be sitting atop a mount like this and if there's an appropriate HQ I could use instead of a Lord?
>>
I should add I'm not opposed to maybe using a tyrannid.
>>
>>46239658

Skitarii Dragoon.
>>
>>46239719
That works thematically pretty good.

I also want to have him have an on-foot HQ version I can use. Would any of the HQ's work well as a "seemingly mundane warrior"?
>>
>>46239854

Regular lord instead of overlord.
>>
>>46239879
I'm sorry I don't know anything about actually playing yet. I've not picked up the books yet and only the starter kid. My knowledge of the game is about 10 years out of date.

Is a normal Lord still a good HQ choice? Or should I just plant him on a larger base and use a Necron Overlord stats for him, ignoring the fluff of my army?
>>
>>46239965

The differences between a lord and overlord are purely cosmetic. The only reason the overlord is on a 40mm base is because the new model wouldn't fit on its old base. GW doesn't even give a shit about base sizes anymore. Marines and Necrons are both on 25mm and 32mm it's all over the place.
>>
>>46239965

Overlord is worth the 30 points upgrade. You can use the model as an overlord. Base size doesn't matter but if you have a 40mm somewhere then go for it.
>>
>>46240082
>>46240074
Cool, Thanks. in the mean time I'm still looking for something smaller than what >>46239719 suggested he should ride into battle. Preferably something that will fit on a 40mm base.
>>
>>46240102

Having him ride something on a 40mm base doesn't really work with the rules as he wouldn't have cavalry or beast movement.

You can, however, count the mount as a Catacomb Command Barge, killing two stones with one bird by giving your lord a great vehicle and better rules while also making his mounted model more fitting in the rules.

Otherwise you might need to do one of the Seeker of Slaanesh style mounts or maybe a WHFB Squig of some sort. There aren't many small ostrich like mounts in the game.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.