[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) 55 -
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: FestivalGarb_2.png (357 KB, 793x774) Image search: [Google]
FestivalGarb_2.png
357 KB, 793x774
ARCHIVE: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46154011/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing
WEBCOMIC 'CAUSE Y'ALL ASKED: http://wildwestscifi.net/gallows-humor/13683-gallows-humor-prologue

You are Brianna la Croix, increasingly uncomfortable with referring to yourself as a 'journeyman' necromancer, and your liberation of the Roost is already turning out to be full of stress and bullshit.

This is starting to not even be surprising any more, frankly.
>>
>>46239252
DLQ - Blank Edition
>>
File: Yes, I Really Did This.jpg (66 KB, 576x327) Image search: [Google]
Yes, I Really Did This.jpg
66 KB, 576x327
>>46239252
"Nate, guard the door," you tell him. You dig your freshly-restocked case of cigarettes out of your coat with a heavy sigh and take one of the horrible smokes from it. "From now on, I'm the only smoker you have to worry about," you promise. "I'm nice, even if my tobacco isn't."

"You need to leave," the elf man begs, again.

"Not just yet," you tell him. You light your cigarette and take a deep drag that you let out through your nose. "Those chains on the far side, they're trapped?"

The man nods. "They clamp around your neck and deliver a sedative."

"Efficient. My name is Brianna la Croix. I'm here to make the Roost right again."

"...Rowan," the elf man says, shakily. "Formerly of the Cornucopia."

"Elves aren't common in the Dungeon," you observe.

"There's been more of us of late, to our detriment," Rowan murmurs. "I can tell you more about it later. Lady la Croix -"

"Bri," you correct, mildly.

"/It is not safe here/," he begs, again.

"Tell me about those brands on your faces," you ask, patiently.

"They mark us as the proprety of the Lush," the elf woman speaks up, bitterly. "His workers and playthings, and those of his warriors. He sold us like chattel to gain harpy soldiers and then the rest of that murder was driven out, and now the Smokers own us."

"Who are the Smokers?" you ask.

"Keep asking idiot questions and you'll find out."

> Free them; they shouldn't be here if a fight's going to happen
> Press them for more information; you want to know your enemy
> Move forward; you don't have time for this
> Write-in?
>>
>>46239387
>> Free them; they shouldn't be here if a fight's going to happen
>>
>>46239387
Can't the elf infodump us WHILE we're unlocking the chains?
>>
File: Witch with Potion.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
Witch with Potion.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
>>46239371
WELP. LET THE EDITION BE AS EMPTY OF FUCKS TO GIVE AS MY REGARD FOR SANE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING.

I'm hitting bed. Votes will, of course, remain open until the morning.

As always, questions, comments, feedback, and criticisms remain welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!
>>
>>46239434
Forgot your standard picture there with your copypasta.
>>
>>46239452
Leave it be, my friend. Replies won't make it stop and neither will shitposting.

Now I really am going to bed.
>>
>>46239387
I vote a mix of options one and two.
>Free them, but ask them if there's any resistance among the harpies, and if they've heard of someone called Hunting Talon.

These Smokers make me think three things; flamethrowers, elementals, or mages. All of these are bad news.

>>46239434
Wait, are you actually shitposting Vox? Or did you just reply to the wrong thread.

Not caring about the content of the post, just curious.
>>
>>46239735
It's a spamming shitposter, he dumps it into threads at random.
>>
>>46239387
Set a trap for the smokers by using the slaves' escape as bait.
The smokers sound like bad news. Let's hit them so fast and so hard that they can't hit back
>>
>>46239387
>>
>>46239801
Eh, there's actually a thread regarding that up, right now. Or was, a couple hours ago. Might actually be an honest mistake.
>>
>>46239969
No m8, it's a copypasta.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/There%20is%20no%20conspiracy%20to%20make%20traditional%20games%20politically%20correct./
>185 results found.
In random threads without any relation to the topic.
>>
>>46239387
"You know, those stupids question are what's gonna allow me to break you out of here, right?"

I don't think freeing them right now is a good idea. We need to secure the perimeter first.
>>
>>46239387
Two ways we can go about this, tell me about the Smokers right now or you can have the smoke that I am smoking right now. You WILL have nightmares about this smoke I can assure you.

Maximum sass activated
>>
>>46240017
Well, at least most of us are smart enough to ignore cheap bait.
>>
>>46239425
...AWWWW! We never did make our witch-bats, did we? Hopefully there's some big, stereotypical dungeon-monster bats or other flying predators we can minionize.
>>
I'm up. Morning shit, coffee, then writing.
>>
>>46242492
Sometimes Vox gives TMI. If I knew 100% less about Vox's bowel movements, or Vox's personal life in general, it would only enhance my enjoyment of the quest.
>>
>>46243496
...he's not being literal with the 'morning shit' thing.
>>
>>46243496
That's. That's meant to be metaphorical, anon. 'Morning shit' being 'the shit I have to do in the morning'; that is, things like chores, medicine, and ritual human sacrifice. Y'know, the things that wake a person up in the morning.

Called, writing.
>>
>>46243560
>>46243560
>ritual human sacrifice

Just as a warning, slowly killing /yourself/ doesn't count towards that.

Also did we ever tell Nate & Amy who Lora is (and thus who Nate had a swordfight with)? And is Bri's skeleton paint something she does for formal occasions only or as regular necromancer 'uniform' preparation?
>>
>>46243920
>Bri's skeleton paint

Would love to see more of that, but it seems like it would be counter productive in some of our missions. I do support going into battle with it.
>>
File: Bri with Kat.png (262 KB, 905x897) Image search: [Google]
Bri with Kat.png
262 KB, 905x897
>>46239387
"Amy, get these folks free," you instruct, firmly. Amy chirps affirmatively and gets out her tools; she kneels next to the first slave (a dwarf man, whose beard has been burnt crudely) and begins working on the lock.

"You're going to die," the elf woman says, bitterly.

"Wouldn't be the first time," you tell her evenly. You drop the butt of your cigarette and light a new one. "The passage behind us leads to New Hell. Seek out the Black Anvils, they'll help you until my sister gets back. She has red hair."

"Lots of people have red hair," the elf scoffs.

"Red like strawberries and blood," you continue, calmly. "You can do whatever you want, frankly. But I /suggest/ you seek the Black Anvils, and tell them that Brianna la Croix sent you."

The collar unlocks with a loud /thunk/. The dwarf rubs at his neck, and then nods to you. In short order, the remaining slaves have been freed, and squeeze through the passage back to New Hell.

"I'm hearing something, Brianna," Nathan warns.

"Step away from the door. We've got the element of surprise."

You hear it soon enough yourself - the clomp of boots on stone, with the rattle of chain. But with the sound comes a sense of death and pain that tickles your mind in a familiar way. What are -

Draugs.

> Go for a light
> Go for your weapon
> Go for a wand

AND

> Stay silent
> Shout a warning
>>
>>46244879
>> Go for a wand
> Shout a warning
>>
>>46244879
>Go for a wand
>Stay silent
>>
>>46244879
> Go for a wand
> Shout a warning
>>
>>46244879
>Go for a light
> Stay silent
>>
>>46244879
Hey Vox, before we make a decision, can you tell us a bit about draugs? Since Bri knows about what they are, I think it would be reasonable for us to get a bit of information about them.
>>
Alright folks, I've neglected the dishes and now need to do them. This means I won't be able to update again until after 8 PM EST, as I must go engage in Gainful Employment. As usual, votes remain open.

Questions, comments, discussion, and criticisms remain welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!
>>
>>46245416
Draugs occur both naturally and unnaturally and bear some similarities to zombies. They are intelligent undead driven to feast on both pain and death energies, and engage in cannibalistic practices in order to heal themselves.

Natural draugs typically form because of extremes of madness, betrayal, or evil that drive a person to murder their own. Unnatural ones are created by necromancers. They use tools and wear armor, though many lack the presence of mind to upgrade or maintain their equipment until it literally starts falling apart.

Draugs are stronger, faster, and generally more resilient than the living beings they were in life. They hate and fear fire.
>>
>>46244879
>Go for a wand.
>Shout a warning.
Aren't Draug's supposed to have keen senses? They'd just sniff us out.

>>46245416
We actually had the opportunity to create a Draug in The Mine as our next minion but decided against it. They're vicious, cruel things with iron nails and a ravenous hunger for flesh. They are pretty much par for course when it comes to zombie armies.
>>
>>46245480
Good thing Amy has demonic weapons. Does Brianna know how to create Balefire, or did she reject it as an option because of how cruel it is?
>>
>>46245523
As Brianna said to River, she chose not to learn it. She didn't want the power.

Her advice to River on the matter was to consider if River could become the person she hopes to be while knowing it. As you've seen, River made her choice on that matter.
>>
>>46244879
>> Go for a wand
and
>> Shout a warning
>>
>>46240750
Notice how the shitposter deleted it though?

He forgot his standard accompanying picture and was so embarassed he fucked up at his crappy copypasta that he deleted it like the passive agressive faggot that he is.

If you can't enjoy that, what can you enjoy?
>>
I've been asked to stay again. Call in five hours and change.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.