[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH / Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: Iroas, God of WELL WHAT IS IT.jpg (190 KB, 1000x735) Image search: [Google]
Iroas, God of WELL WHAT IS IT.jpg
190 KB, 1000x735
Boros Edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

>Why are RW the best colors?
>Why are RW the worst colors?
>When was the last time you were wrecked by MLD?
>Best tech for RW, aside from Sunforger?
>>
Boros edition? Aright. In the steel cage, which Boros commander would win in a no rules cage match?
>>
File: 1431649756331.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
1431649756331.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
Posting this list once more. Looking for advice on making this deck list more cutthroat. The idea is to have a B/W control deck capable of forcing the game into a state of advantage for itself over time.

http://www.mtgvault.com/phobes365/decks/bw-edh/
>>
>>46238921
Pretty sure the OP would win every time. Indestructible is pretty good.
>>
I'm building Merieke RI Berit with a focus on ways to untap and flicker her / stolen things. What's some good shit to throw in this thing? Any secret stuff?
>>
File: craterhoof.jpg (49 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
craterhoof.jpg
49 KB, 312x445
Swing for 420 trample damage, response?
>>
>>46239290
Scoop, gg man
>>
>>46239199
Freed from the real and mind over matter are solid
>>
>>46238921
Probably Aurelia, but I do quite like Brion Stoutarm too. I do wish Boros commanders had more variance beyond attack and attack more.
>>
>>46238901
Gruul edition
>>
>>46239290
You win anon, your meme is the dankest, learn to pack fog, darkness, holy day, etc.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gotta-go-smash/
Looking for advice on my mana base / card choice in general.

I made this deck based on what I had in the reserves and what looked fun, please be gentle /tg/ it's my first time ~desu
>>
>>46239290
Faggot only swings for 420 trample damage.
Cmon man, my usual Craterhoofs are usually more than 1000 trample damage.
>>
>>46239449
I got wrathed 2 whole turns ago :(
>>
>>46239447
damn have to add that I want to focus on board wipe / multiple combats and slightly less on the tron aspect of the usual Helmsmasher deck.

Goblin assault, Assemble the Legion, Mardu Ascendancy all seem like fun ways to make tokens to swing with the big guy after wiping the board and combo with the slave driver quite nicely.
>>
>>46238921
Brion can throw even indestructible commanders to death.

Also it's a cage match and he's the closest thing Boros has to a pro wrestler.
>>
>>46239539
Can I get a brion luchadore alter?
>>
>just bought a bunch of new cards with fresh dosh
>only 2 days shipping time
>Easter
FUCK
>>
The new frog dude looks insanely good for combo. His draw ability just combos with so many things. A combo deck with a ton of acceleration and dredge/discard effects could be very fast. The issue is protecting your setup in green/black
>>
>>46238921
Agrus Kos has never met a mob he could not quell.
>>
>>46239290
lose one tapping Boseiju cast this
>>
>>46239822
having this out with soulfire grandmaster sounds like a fun time.
>>
File: 1418781393963.png (38 KB, 185x233) Image search: [Google]
1418781393963.png
38 KB, 185x233
>>46239290
>Pay one R tap Grafted Exoskeleton Brion Stoutarm.
>Throw Malignus at you for twenty infect.
>>
File: Blaze_7E.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Blaze_7E.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>46239290
Blaze it for 69
>>
>>46239290
blaze it faggot
marijuana is healthy
>>
>>46239290
This meme keeps cracking me up. Whats next, Avenger of Zendikar?
>>
File: dci-brion-stoutarm.jpg (79 KB, 350x508) Image search: [Google]
dci-brion-stoutarm.jpg
79 KB, 350x508
>>46238901
>Why is RW the best color?
Because it has access to the best commander in the whole game. Picture related.
Like seriously, why would you want to play anything else, unless you want to gimp yourself purposefully.
My LGS has now several players with Stoutarm decks, but when I started mine years ago, no one had even boros, let alone Brion. Filthy scum were running Mayael
>>
>>46240238
Post decklist then. I can only think of exactly two autoincludes that aren't lands or rocks.
>>
what lands u got, bitch
>>
>>46240292
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-man-throw-bigger-man/
Here you go. I haven't updated for a while, but I just replaced Planar Cleansing with Aura of Silence, since it was only thing I remembered at the moment.
>>
>>46239768
No, the issue is preventing their setup in G/B.
Look for cards, preferably permanents, that make others discard, and preferably ones that trigger based on you losing things. There might also be a landfall trigger one, idk. You also have a lot of dredge, so like, even if they send your shit to the yard you can at least get back some semi-good stuff from that alone.

But mostly discard. Nath would probably work politically as well
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 223x310
>>46239290
Pay (w), sac a soldier token
>>
>>46239290
Moment's peace, on your next upkeep moment's peace
>>
>>46239290
Blaze it, faggot.
>>
So if we've turned into memeing about Craterhoof. H does that mean EDH is in a good spot for once?
>>
>>46242208
So I love land destruction. The reasonable reasons I am a bad person are that it locks decks that aren't prepared for it out of the game, and that it is a slow grind to victory if I haven't prepared adequately, or aren't powerful enough, or that victories from that point aren't entirely clear.

Its my feeling that players do more complaining than draw/go after that point. I like land destruction from a strategic standpoint, but what goes on in other players heads once I commit that sin?
>>
>>46242394
Wait. That was irrelevant. I dont know why I replied to you.
>>
>>46242394
When someone destroys all the lands in play, or otherwise effectively resets the field, if they gain a clear advantage and will likely win from it within 2-3 turns then I'm very forgiving, but if they do it because they're behind, and it serves only to prevent their own death (which is futile because playing MLD makes you the target immediately), then the player who did it should flip their deck over, go to a corner, and bang their head on a wall until they recognize why no one wants to play with them anymore.
>>
File: cryptolithrite.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
cryptolithrite.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
How long until it gets banned?
>>
>>46243758
Thats pretty sweet.
>>
>>46243758
At least Prophet was banned.
>>
>>46243758
I'm imagining an omnath deck with this
>>
>>46243758
Never? It's not that amazing in EDH (though it is obviously a solid card).
>>
>>46243758
That will do crazier things to Standard than EDH. Pretty playable in EDH, but not amazing.
>>
>>46238901
I now understand why I never liked Iroas much. He's too easy to parry or rollstab. Aurelia is the real Boros quality build.
>>
>>46239290
nothin personal kid, tch
>pact of negation, transforming my titi monster
>>
>>46243758
omnath possiblity storm just keeps getting better.
>>
File: epitaphgolem.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
epitaphgolem.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
Straight into Grenzo.
>>
>>46244320
honestly better than soldevi digger or reito lantern in terms of versatility and mana cost
>>
How do you feel about cards that reveal the top of your library?
>>
>>46239290
No blocks, I'll float a R and a W, cast deflecting palm.

It's like everyone forgets how good that card is.
>>
>>46243758
time to search for creatures that untap themselves
>>
File: image.png (171 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171 KB, 265x370
Doran gonna have fun with this
>>
>>46244722
Lorewyn block has them all, good luck
>>
>Boros Edition
Are Fireman Angels playable in EDH?
>>
>>Deck advice posts receives no replies
>>shitpost meme three posts down has over a dozen

This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>46244210
iroas a shit, he doesnt even teach his disciple anything.
>>
What's a good 5 color strategy?
>>
>>46238921
>look at all the boros legendary creatures
>they're all actually kind of small, the biggest power + toughness is iroas at 11
>even selesnya is bigger on average, with many 12s and their god is 13 somehow lol
fucking emmara tandris is LITERALLY more buff than every boros legend ever printed, u mad borosfags?
>>
>>46241143

Not very many fog effects in my meta

Not many crater goods either I suppose
>>
>>46245006
Have a steady supply of replacement friends
>>
>>46245025

Gisela is actually a 10/10 silly
>>
>>46245048
in combat maybe, she still dies to dismember
you know who is healthy enough to survive a dismember?
emmara
fucking
tandris

this little elf clown is stronger than anything that ever came out of the boros legion
>>
>>46244394
Worse in terms of costing a lot and being an easily destroyed creature. It's mixed, but definitely going into Grenzo.

>>46244906
>Fireman Angels
If you mean Firemane Angel, not really, though I try sometimes anyways.
>>
>>46245080

>emmara tandris
>doesn't even prevent damage to herself
>>
>>46245108
No, I mean angels with abs and hard hats. That's a shame, though. Most of the OG boros rares were pretty shit.
>>
>>46245188

>most of the og Boros rares were pretty shit

Except for muhfuggin MASTER WARCRAFT
>>
I was hoping for more black Madness, but there are some decent ones.

>From Under the Floorboards

I'll definitely use this I think because I wind up doing a crapload of damage to myself, but I don't know how high X will go.

>Asylum Visitor
I might have to get Mindsclicer more often now. This is pretty solid. Even without it, I frequently put people out of a hand. It's Aliana creature that can be easily reused. This is 100% included.

>Gisa's Bidding
It's not terrible, just bland. I might use it. Might.

>Biting Rain
Madness removal is rarely a bad thing. I currently use Dark Withering and Big Game Hunter, both of which are fantastic in terms of value. -2/-2 isn't much, but it clears a lot. We'll see.

>Alms of the Vein
3 life for 3 life isn't really worth a slot in multiplayer sadly.

>Twins of Maurer Estate
Vanilla creatures aren't worth it for EDH. At least Gisa's bidding is two bodies.

I guess that is more than I thought.
>>
>>46245240
Master Warcraft, and Big Daddy Kos
>>
>>46245240
Indeed. Also, I love Brightflame, despite it being shit-tier.
>>
>>46243758
Delicious.
Time for Prossh + Ashnod's Altar + Flames of Yavimaya + Impact Tremors
Or just jam it in Marath
>>
>>46243758
This should let my vorel deck go infinite slightly earlier than it did before.
>>
File: datewithredzone.jpg (370 KB, 569x615) Image search: [Google]
datewithredzone.jpg
370 KB, 569x615
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/birdwomen/

Someone say Boros?
>>
File: privileged-position.jpg (64 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
privileged-position.jpg
64 KB, 480x680
Can I play this in a non white deck?
If for example my commander is
Azusa, Lost but Seeking
>>
>>46245461
Nope. It's both white and green.
>>
>>46245461
>post card that is both white and green
>ask if you can use it in a non white deck

Wew
>>
it me the fucko with 5 boros decks from last thread

>Why are R/W the best colours?

1. Best philosophy, all righteous fury all the time
2. Everyone thinks you are the weakest color pair which is useful for politics.
2a. You can get away with a lot of stuff people would otherwise call a dick move with "I have to do this kind of thing to compete"
3. Best or near best access to removal, both targeted and mass for creatures and non creature permanents.
4. Excellent access to indestructibility and damage prevention
5.Wizards love printing pushed and flashy dragons and angels and you get to run basically all of them
6. Some Top tier generals with exciting and flashy effects including some fo the fastest general damage kills in the game
7.As colorpie bleed continues the weaknesses of the pairing begin to breakdown
>Why are RW the worst colors?
"No ramp, no draw"
Not a pairing with a lot of sick tech
>When was the last time you were wrecked by MLD
Basically never; I'm usually the one running it
>Best Tech for RW outside THE HAMMER?
Not sure about true tech but
>Assemble the legion+Skullclamp
>Boros charm/faiths reward + any red superwrath
>Dimensional Breach+ a hasty threat or stuff hidden under your own O-ring effects
>Wrecking ogre bloodrushed onto Aurelia is a 1 turn general damage kill
>Seize the day is pretty tasty at times
>>
File: 18829_200w.jpg (27 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
18829_200w.jpg
27 KB, 200x285
any low-cost cards like tunnel vision?
>>
>>46245646
>from play
>>
>>46245461
>>46245473
>Nope. It's both white and green.
To elaborate on this correct answer, Privileged Position has both G and W mana symbols in its rules text, giving it G and W color identity as far as EDH cares. Accordingly, you cannot use it in mono-green or mono-white decks in EDH, despite being able to cast it with just those colors.
>>
>>46245662
That is slightly incorrect as cards with Exploit are not forced to be only in WB decks. The G/W explanation is reminder text.

G/W manasymbols count as G and W for colour identity based off of the rules for commander.
The same applies to all split colour mana symbols.
>>
>>46245591
>>Why are R/W the best colours?
>1. Best philosophy, all Righteous Fury all the time
Debatable.

>2. Everyone thinks you are the weakest color pair which is useful for politics.
Well, I mean, you actually *are*. As someone who's played EDH for more than a decade, R/W is the weakest color combination available.

>2a. You can get away with a lot of stuff people would otherwise call a dick move with "I have to do this kind of thing to compete"
This is true.

>3. Best or near best access to removal, both targeted and mass for creatures and non creature permanents.
You have excellent removal, though B/W has better sweepers and Grixis/Esper has better everything.

>4. Excellent access to Indestructibility and damage prevention
This is true.

>5.Wizards love printing pushed and flashy dragons and angels and you get to run basically all of them
This is true but not that useful. Most of those cost a lot and R/W has limited ramp options (all of which open you to weaknesses involving artifact destruction).

>6. Some Top tier generals with exciting and flashy effects including some fo the fastest general damage kills in the game
No R/W general is truly top-tier. The best two are Aurelia and Gisela, both of which are powerful but very expensive and only deal damage.

>7.As colorpie bleed continues the weaknesses of the pairing begin to breakdown
Until R/W gains a great deal of ramp and draw, this isn't actually true. It's just getting more of what it had.

>>Why are RW the worst colors?
>"No ramp, no draw"
This is the heart of the issue. Without ramp and draw, R/W just can't compete with truly powerful combinations (such as BUG or Junk, which are probably the top of the heap).

Don't mistake me, I love R/W and have an Aurelia deck I've been doting upon recently, but it's not amazing. The only things R/W does better than anyone else are the one-turn double striking murderkills that Aurelia can power out and the "I am going to annihilate every land forever" thing.
>>
>>46245752
>That is slightly incorrect as cards with Exploit are not forced to be only in WB decks. The G/W explanation is reminder text.
What I wrote was entirely correct. However, you make a fair point that reminder text is not part of rules text. Thank you for the clarification, that anon will likely thank you.

Also, you mean Extort, not Exploit.
>>
>>46244722
Or intruder alarm if you're into that
>>
>>46245764
Reds continuing flirtation with impulse draw gives a lot of hope on the draw front
>>
>>46245903
>Reds continuing flirtation with impulse draw gives a lot of hope on the draw front
Yeah, that's true, but so far it has almost entirely been terrible. Only Outpost Siege is really worth having (though it is really amazing). Still, we might see a few more variants going forward, which would be fantastic.
>>
>>46245130
She can take a beating though at 7 toughness, plus token decks love their anthems , its not really needed
>>
File: 107741_200w.jpg (27 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
107741_200w.jpg
27 KB, 200x285
>>46238901

Why do people still talk down on a 4cmc double strike vigilance that gets permanently bigger when you cast things like Sun Titan?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-16-kalemne-smash/
>>
>>46246021
Because it had to compare with Ezuri, Meren, and Mizzix, I still like Kalemne, but she had a lot of bullshit to compete with.
How's Flameshadow Conjuring? It looks cute, but I never found space for it in any of my decks.
>>
>>46245795
Intruder alarm is my favorite combo card
>>
>>46245764
>I am going to annihilate every land forever
Hey man, if the degenerate colours ain't gonna follow the 'one land a turn' rule with their rocks and their ramp creatures and their fetches, then we're just gonna have to take it away.

It's the law, you know.
>>
>>46246250
damn fuckin straight
>>
>>46246250
>It's the law, you know.
It sure isn't, but fuck the police, Apocalypse now.
>>
>>46246021

Her abilities just seem kinda non synergistic to me, low cmc double strike suggests a voltron strat but her ability wants fatty tribal

Voltron is cool

I prefer my voltron generals to have natural evasion like sigarda Uril and even 8 1/2 tails, then give them double strike, as opposed to choosing a double striker and trying to give it evasion and protection

And fatty tribal just works better with green
>>
>>46244320
>creature
>Reito Lantern on a stick
>3 power

It's not strictly as good as lantern or digger, but it's a creature, which means if you grenzo it out it doesn't just go to the yard. And I fucking hate accidently putting lantern or digger in the yard and relying on an artifact-retrieving creature to get them back.
>>
>>46245304
Haa my nigga
Brightflame is the shit though
I want to use it in a deck so bad, it's the reason I tried convincing my playgroup to let me play Nephilims, because Ink-Treader + Brightflame, hahaha
>>
>>46246188

People got hung up on a ""bad"" experience ability and assumed that you needed to build the deck around it rather than just letting it do its thing.

Flame shadow is retarded. Last time I used it, I had 2 Flamerush Riders swinging with a Nobilis. Two people died. Flamerush 2 Experience on my. Commander (Dashed Flamerush, and Nobi from last turn), 3 Nobilis for another +6 to all my creatures,

I hit the one guy last turn for 8 from Kalemne plus Flameshadow'd Nob for a total of 15.

This turn I had:
3 Nobi = 15
2 Flamerush = 12
Kalemne = 22

So the first guy took another 27 for lethal, and second took 22 commander.

Long story short, Flame Shadow is stupid. Other examples are turbo ramp with Solemn, getting all my swords black with Sun titan, turbo tutoring with SFM, ect. It's officially KoS status for my group.

>>46246322

See above.

She is very voltron, but there is plenty of synergy to be had from fatties. Just because she gets bigger from 5cmc+ doesn't mean you have to fill your deck with serra angels.

Sunblast Angel, Flamerush Rider, Nobilis, Inferno/Sun Titan, Godo, Aurelia, Scourge of the Throne, ect. They all trigger XP while generally supporting voltron.
>>
>>46246595
>Flamerush 2 Experience on my. Commander
I don't think that works, Kalemne only gets experience counters from casting fatties, not ETBs
>>
>>46246880

You're right, I had 2 total, one from Last turn when I cast Nobilis, one from this turn when I Dashed Flamerush.

3 base power
2 from xp counters
2 from each Nobilis (6 total)

That's 11 power. Times 2 is 22 damage.
>>
Crucible reprint when?
>>
who scarecrow tribal here
>>
File: Melek-Izzet-Paragon-Art.jpg (195 KB, 1200x811) Image search: [Google]
Melek-Izzet-Paragon-Art.jpg
195 KB, 1200x811
I'm currently fine tuning my melek deck, I'd appreciate any feedback.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-03-16-izzet-edh/

I made a couple of budget related sacrifices (specifically day's undoing instead of time spiral) but I can upgrade once I have more cash to waste on cardboard.

I also really want to add increasing vengeance, but I'm getting to the point where I'm not sure what I should remove.
>>
File: seasonspast.jpg (11 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
seasonspast.jpg
11 KB, 190x265
this card seems cool

might not see play over the other regrowth options in edh but i think its pretty strong
>>
what are some must haves for mono white besides really well known stuff like tithe, land tax, weathered way etc. Mainly for ramp or card draw
>>
>>46247527

Endless horizons, pure steel paladin for equip decks, mentor of the meek for token and weenie decks, enlightened tutor and idyllic tutor, knight of the white orchid, caged sun, gauntlet of power, pearl medallion
>>
What are some must haves for Niv Mizzet?
>>
>>46247637

curiosity huehuehue

wheel of fortune/reforge the soul/windfall/etc
mindmoil if youre into that
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
Token generation?
>>
>>46247422
>pay 6 mana
>get fetch, SoL ring, cyclonic rift, sword of x/y, solemn, acidic slime, sun titan, tooth and nail, terrastodon, and Iona to my hand
>>
>>46244320
Whats the point of playinng grenzo? I've been thinking of building him but I dont really get what to build it around outside of scry.
>>
>>46247855

yeeee
>>
>>46247939
Multiplayer Grenzo is a little different, but French Grenzo typically comes in two flavors, a value-focused "I'm going to shit out creatures for 2 mana a piece" and "Doomsday Combo". Or a mix of the two.

At its strongest, it's RB combo in all its glory (Necrotic Ooze, Kiki-Conscripts, Worldgorger Dragon, etc.) with a general who happens to be a fantastic mana sink. Hellbent with nothing better to do? You'll probably have a 50/50 chance of flipping a creature for 2!
>>
>>46244719
So you both die? It's not like craterhoof swings alone man, you still have several other huge/huge tramplers to deal with.
>>
>>46245080
This just in: Green has bigger creatures than Red! Early reports confirming 0 dead, 0 injured, and 0 surprised, leaving everyone wondering who gives a fuck! Back to you Jim.
>>
>>46244320
You have here a card that isn't even good for Limited, most players can't even begin to understand why anyone would possibly want that shit, but somehow it's going straight into some of EDH's most cutthroat doomsday combo decks.

Shit like this is why I like this format.
>>
Howdy /EDHg/,
I'm semi-new to magic/EDH, but I've played close to 20 hours of commander with a local group at my uni.
I now want to build my first commander deck, but have no idea who to pick.

I've narrowed down the list to five commanders:
kazuul, tyrant of the cliffs,
korlash, heir to blackblade,
The mimeoplasm,
The reaper king,
and project kraj

Of the above list, which commander would make a fun and college budget deck?
Also, note that most games I play involve at least 4 players, if not more.
>>
>>46249195
Reaper King is 5 colors, which most people would say taxes the mana base very heavily. There's a lot of cheap dual lands you can use to make it work, but they almost all come in tapped. Play with caution.

Mimeoplasm is a very powerful reanimator general, although like Reaper King, three-color mana bases can be hard. A resolved Mimeoplasm can be backbreaking though, as he typically enters the battlefield as a 10/10 copy of whatever nasty creature was lying around in a graveyard. Probably your best bet if you want to have a very powerful commander.

I think there are better mono-black commanders than Korlash. If you want to be mono-black and beat face, even Geth is better, because he has evasion, and a much better ability tacked on. Although, as a budget brew, you may not have access to the sort of big black mana (Cabal Coffers, Urborg, Crypt Ghast, etc.) that makes Geth work best.

Experiment Kraj is an odd deck. Typically regarded as the worst of the (typically very powerful) Simic generals, he has a lot of synergy with +1/+1 counters (and Graft) and silly untapping shenanigans. I'm honestly not sure what the win-con would be, but I think it could be hilarious.

Kazuul suffers from being Mono-Red, which is hard. Mono-red and Mono-white aren't easy colors to play at all, but Kazuul you can run as a janky debt collector build to annoy everyone else at the table. Stuff like War's Toll and Grand Melee, plus red's taxes like Manabarbs. If your meta is very much into comboing out and winning through non-creature combat, Kazuul may not bring much to the table. If you're a more casual group where people like to turn guys sideways, Kazuul combined with other effects can really force bad decisions on your opponents, to your benefit.
>>
>>46249195
Why not look up the netdecks of your candidates. check the budget and playstyle if your that new
>>
>>46238901

Tips and advice on my first EDH deck please. Keep in mind this is actually kind of a budget deck since most of the cards over $10 I already had. Commander is Drana.

http://deckstats.net/deck-9540844-1133b48260a81b5c8449450c44f823e8.html
>>
>>46249484

Without looking, I'm going to assume extra Planar lens, gauntlet of might, caged sun, cabal coffers, magus of the coffers, and, exsanguinate.
>>
>>46249195
>my uni
Britbongs play Magic?
>>
So, as someone who hasn't played at my flgs, it would probably be better to show up with my weaker deck? I have a deck based off of the simic 2015 deck, nothing too crazy in it. But I have an esper voltron style deck and I am rather aware some people vehemently hate esper decks.
>>
>>46249786
Canadians do.
>>
>>46249792
You can always bring both and ask people.
>>
>>46247152
Huh, I actually want this for my ally deck. With Reaper King out, this will pop a permanent, and if it dies I'll likely still get some use out of it because a lot of the allies are human. Neat.
>>
>>46249792
This >>46249958, it's not as though decks are hard to lug around.
>>
File: IMG_20151128_223716.jpg (81 KB, 1007x683) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_223716.jpg
81 KB, 1007x683
>>46250135
You say that, but try carrying around 12 sleeved decks in a gift box. There is some weight to them. I can't decide info like the modular approach to using Toolkits or the holiday box, though. Currently, I'm back in the Toolkits ala pic related.
>>
>>46250341
You should buy deck boxes too then, and with a light backpack you can bring like 5 or 6 of them. That's what I do all the time, only bringing everything when I know I'll trade or stay at my playgroup "HQ".
>>
>>46250542

I have a few deck boxes. Well, two. Ones a Dex Protection, and the other is Ultimate Guard. UG is by far the best I've ever used. It's more expensive, but worth it imho. Dex is a little flimsy with a weak magnet, but it has extra storage. There is a double UG with some storage a friend got that I want. It's perfect for 2 decks and dice or unsleeved tokens.

I wanted to only bring a few, but after so many games, it's rough because my tuned decks are really efficient at what they do, so playing them too often feels like I'm being mean. I love playing them, but idk. Maybe I'm just being a bitch about it. My not so tuned decks tend to flop around while I figure out what the problem is.
>>
File: literally me.png (814 KB, 1117x419) Image search: [Google]
literally me.png
814 KB, 1117x419
>>46250880
Well that's the decks I like to bring with me. I play twice with each ofthem in one sitting most of the time, except when they do terribly and i'm frustrated. I think having decks with radically different gameplays help a playgroup staying healthy.
>>
>>46251025
But Ink-Treader isn't Legendary?
House rule?
>>
>>46251114
Most likely. A lot of groups are OK with it, at least the ones I've played with
>>
>>46251114
Yeah, house rules. It's the most recent deck and I didn't had the opportunity to take it to my LGS, so I don't know if I can play it there.
Even MtG creators are saying that nephilim not being legendary was a mistake.
>>
>>46251191
They also said that Snapcaster should have been red.

>>46251025

I have a long list and my picture is outdated:

Jeleva
Pharika
Hanna
Newzuri
Liliana
Ulasht
Kalemne
Kozilek
Kazuul
Saffi

Saffi, Jeleva, And Liliana are my top 3 best arguably in that order.

Hanna, Pharika, Kozilek, and Kalemne are well tuned and have some money in them like Force or a full swords package.

Ulasht, Newzuri, and Kazuul are meh. I'm actually debating scrapping Ukasht/Newzuri into Surrak instead.
>>
>>46251383
>They also said that Snapcaster should have been red.
Wasn't their call. Tiago Chan had a boner for blue and his first card design was fucking absurdly OP, so he did Snapcaster instead
>>
File: maelstrom_archangel.jpg (28 KB, 208x293) Image search: [Google]
maelstrom_archangel.jpg
28 KB, 208x293
I find it hard to believe pic related is not a legendary creature

> 5 colored creature
> interesting ability
> mythic
> only 5 colored angel to date

Fuck... At least we have Radiant archangel to make a angel theme deck.
>>
>>46251451
>art looks weird
>look for high-res version
>find this

I'm getting a hernia just looking at this
>>
>>46251495
Ya, mean is it that bad?
Okay...
>>
>>46251432
Oh I remember. I think he made something like an island that can counterspell if I recall correctly.
>>
>>46251789
In his defense, whatever the card he initially designed did, blue could do that.
>>
>>46251789
Denying Channel. Tapped for blue or you could tap 2UU and discard it to counter a spell

>>46251848
An (mostly) uncounterable counterspell is pretty nuts though
>>
File: Image.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>friend builds this
>as voltron instead of tokens

What a fucking waste.
>>
>>46251985
>Not building Kalemne Voltron
>Not building Gahiji tokens
>>
>>46250341

The clear deck cubes will fit into a small bag pretty easily. Buddy of mine bought me a leather case for my decks and I can 8 in there no problem.

Just need to build two more decks...
>>
>>46251885

That doesn't sound that bad to be honest. Granted I only play Commander so it's not like I have to worry about going up against 4 in a single game (sans shenanigans).
>>
>>46251885
Uncounterable counterspells exist. The fact it was on a land is the real issue. That said, it doesn't sound like something WotC wouldn't print. Let's not forget they gave us Ruse Cruise and Dig recently.
>>
>>46252057
>Gahiji Tokens
>instead of Gahiji combat steps

lame
>>
>>46252314
>whynotboth.jpg
>>
TIME FOR THE RATING OF EACH SOI LEGENDS!

1. The Gitrog Monster
2. Odric, Lunarch Marshal
3. Sigarda, Heron's Grace
4. Avacyn
5. Olivia, Mobilized for War
>>
>>46247939

I want to know how this man managed to be so dumb he couldn't see why people want a commander that cheats creatures into play
>>
>>46253030

1. The Gitrog Monster
2. The Gitrog Monster
3. The Gitrog Monster
4. The Gitrog Monster
5. The Gitrog Monster
>>
>>46253158
It seenms we are in agreement

most interesting GB for me yet.

>From anywhere

JESUS.
>>
>>46253238
"Your graveyard" though

Which still opens up a lot
>>
>>46253030
Gitrog >>> Sigarda >> Olivia = Avacyn = Odric
>>
>>46253046
>EDH / Commander general
>>
>>46253706
well, you draw at least one card a card. than, you got plenty of Self-mill in GB, and you can just randomly put lands in your yard from playing with your graveyard
>>
>>46253030
I'm excited to use the Gitgud toad in Jund or BUG to facilitate Seismic Assault or Trade Routes Shenanigans.
>>
>>46247722
wew. If this was legendary it would be one badass commander.
>>
>>46253030

Gitgud monster > Odric > Avacyn > Olivia > Sigarda
>>
>>46253746
>Sigarda being anywhere but the bottom
>>
File: Untitled.png (884 KB, 1328x371) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
884 KB, 1328x371
I am looking to build another EDH deck, these are my current commanders. What should I build?
>>
Three commanders you hate seeing and why: (not necessarily because of power level)

- Kaalia: rewards shitty deckbuilding aka a ton of big creatures and little else
- Flip Liliana: if they get the emblem the game always last another hour or more if they're shitty players
- Red Omnath: always someone who wants to build a giant board position without ever attacking
>>
>>46253030
Gitrog is insanely good for comboing with. It's a billion miles ahead of the rest. Players who love angels are always the biggest sperglords
>>
>>46256575
She's not good, but the other three are worse.
>>
>>46257000
- Derevi: Can't interact profitably with her, removing her is pointless, a complete waste of time
- Maelstrom Wanderer: Can't interact profitably with it, removing it is what the opponent wants you to do
- Prossh: Can't interact profitably with him, removing him only makes his dragon dick harder

There might be a pattern here.
>>
>>46257000

>Flip Lili

I run flip Lili. If you get an emblem and you're have no way to win, like Gary, then I don't know what to say. That being said, if my Gary gets exiled, then the game might take awhile while I beat you senseless with your own creatures.

Also, you must play with some Shitters. Guy in my meta has RGnath, and you better believe those 5/5s are swinging. What's the worst that happens, they block and he gets to bolt something?
>>
>>46256955
Something mono black
>>
>>46256955
You don't have any tri colour decks or any with black in, go for a Grixis, Jund, Mardu or Esper commander
My favourite for each is:
Shattergang Brothers for Jund
Sedris, the Traitor King for Grixis
Zurgo Helmsmasher for Mardu (especially since you have no voltron decks)
Sydri, Galvanic Genius for Esper
>>
Is there any deck tech that red has access to that allows you to take a effect that targets a single target and instead make it target multiple others?

For instance, I hit player X for Y, but because of this card, it hits all players/opponents as well.
>>
>>46257528
Do you have a Sedris list? I've wanted to build him for a while
>>
>>46257565
I don't actually have lists for any of those commanders since I don't play black myself, they're just my favourite ones I've seen in action
>>
>>46257358
Yeah, the people playing those decks were total shitters. Just random people at the LGS. And yeah, the flip Lili player was particularly bad. Someone Mindslavered the Lili player then used all those creatures to attack himself so he could leave the game. It was awful
>>
>>46257545
Not that I know of
Just run a whole bunch of 'copy target instant or sorcery' cards, red has access to loads
>>
File: en_LFvlqe4xlS.png (164 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_LFvlqe4xlS.png
164 KB, 265x370
Nice. More tutors are nice.
>>
>>46257358
>they block and he gets to bolt something?
There are people who hate losing stuff on their board. Like really hate it
>>
>>46257638

Feel sorry for you, man. That sucks.

On that note, I hate Mindslaver. I use it in Hanna, but I hate it.

>>46257744

Yea, I know. It's absurd. There's also this blizzard need for blockers even though no one attacks. I've watched someone drop a Kresh, put 32 counters on him with Haste, and pass because he said he needed a blocker.

Having said that, I don't attack often playing Liliana because I legit need blockers to keep my commander in the table. Usually.
>>
>>46257705
Generally worse than Steelshaper's Gift, decks will typically be Aura Voltron or Equipment Voltron, not a mix of the two, so you don't really gain any flexibility by getting to tutor an auro or an equipment. That said, Steelshaper's Gift is a 4$ uncommon that hasn't been printed in quite a while, a new version is nice I suppose.

I wish they'd just reprint Enlightened Tutor in Conspiracy 2. I own 4 copies, I wouldn't need additional ones, but it's gotten too expensive and maybe if it becomes widely available my playgroup will stop whining about "bullshit old cards".
>>
>>46257904
>Yea, I know. It's absurd. There's also this blizzard need for blockers even though no one attacks. I've watched someone drop a Kresh, put 32 counters on him with Haste, and pass because he said he needed a blocker.
To be fair, dying on the backswing feels awful every time. Especially in multiplayer where the person after you sees your board is tapped and swings in safely, killing you.
>>
>>46257904
>I've watched someone drop a Kresh, put 32 counters on him with Haste, and pass because he said he needed a blocker
TRIGGERED

If I have a 35/35 I am going to swing with that fucker with all my might
>>
>>46257904
EDH isn't really a format in which you're likely to win by pussyfooting and indecisively alternating between defense and attack. You're either going in the red zone at every opportunity, or you're keeping your creatures back until you win. An aggro player that's concerned about preserving his life total and keeping back a 32/32 Kresh for that reason has already lost.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 265x370
Alpha huh? Like head leader of the entire Vildin howl pack? Wow. Sure sounds like that could have been legendary.
>>
>>46258075
>You're either going in the red zone at every opportunity
And if you do this you better be blasting speed metal for your entire turn
>>
>>46259245
>Sure sounds like that could have been legendary.
Werewolves are already getting on legendary bitch (the planeswalker).
>>
>>46259274
Arlinn Kord is not legendary you fucking tool. >>46259274
>>
>>46253030
>gitgud monster
>Sigarda
>Olivia
>Avacyn
>Odric
>>
>>46259289
All Planeswalkers are Legendary.
>>
>>46259353
You're retarded
>>
>>46259353
No.
>>
>>46259245
Pretty sure there's a legendary werewolf coming, there was a little teaser on twitter about one.
>>
I have a stupid question. Does it count towards commander damage if your commander has an ability that says "This creature deals X damage to target creature or player"? Brion Stoutarm for example.
>>
File: Werebear.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Werebear.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>people bitching and moaning over no legendary werewolf
>there's only one Werebear, and that isn't even it's creature type
>there isn't even a legendary bear

Cry more.
>>
>>46259526
No one cares about your 4chan meme.
>>
>>46259515
Combat damage only.

>>46259549
>4chan meme
Excuse me?
>>
>>46259564
I see. Thank you for clearing that up, anon.
>>
>>46250341
This brings up a good conversation topic...
I have 6 commander decks, 1 pauper deck, 1 modern deck, and about 100 unsleeved tokens that I want to bring with me, but as of right now I can only fit the commander decks and tokens into my boxes, and I'm left carrying the 60 card decks in separate single-deck boxes.

What is the solution to my problem? I want to fit all of them in one thing preferably, but I'd prefer to continue using my backpack as opposed to holding onto a giant box of things.
>>
What are the best Dread Return targets in a Gitrog Toad deck?
>>
>>46259616
That should fit into 2 Toolkits.
>>
>>46259858
Depends largely on what you need at the time of casting, but the first target should generate tokens to aid the flashback cost, so something like Grave Titan or Avenger.
>>
>>46259980
>colorless land tutoring
>on a body
Fuck yes.
>>
>>46259322
I have to say, I initially missed that putting Swiftfoot Boots or Sword of Vengeance on Odric could be pretty fucking good.

Still, he's a 3/3 that does nothing on his own so it seems fair to have him near the bottom of every list.
>>
>>46259858
So far the best I can find is
>Dread Return Eternal Witness
>grab Victimize
>sac Witness to grab Mike&Trike
but there's probably a more straightforward way.
>>
>>46260076
>on his own
Why would that even be a factor in EDH? He's in the command zone, he's there whenever you need him, Why cast him if you didn't have a board state that could put his ability to use?
>>
File: i like it.jpg (10 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
i like it.jpg
10 KB, 229x220
>>46260078
Pretty good and compact, only requires 2B after turning your library upside down, sounds like a solid plan.
>>
>>46260146
You're basically asking "Why would you never have multiple threats on board in Everyone Plays Wraths - The Format". Gee, I don't fucking know.

Sure, you can just leave him in the command zone if you don't have a board, but having a MONOWHITE commander that is worthless to cast with no board sounds pretty fucking shitty to me. Does it sound good to you?
>>
>>46239290
Quicken, Supreme Verdict?
>>
>>46260217
>good
Potentially it does, but then I make it a habit not to over extend.
>>
>>46260270
If that genuinely sounds good to you then I hope you have fun with it.
>>
>>46260342
Jesus, we don't all play "T1" Edh all the time, asshat. It's largely kitchen table bullshit.
>>
>>46260442
I was being nice faggot. I take it back then. I don't hope you have fun with it. I hope you hate every last game you play with that shitty commander then come back here crying about how fucking bad it was. Because you're the kind of idiot who steps into a conversation about which of a set of new legends are the best, argues that his favorite one isn't shit, then pulls the "casual format" card when people point that actually yeah, it's shit. You asked why him doing nothing on his own mattered in EDH, you got a reply.
>>
>>46260485
>I was being nice
Don't kid yourself, you were being a prick from the start with that "If that genuinely sounds good to you" bit.
>I hope you hate every last game you play with that shitty commander then come back here crying about how fucking bad it was
Stay optimistic.
>his favorite one isn't shit
Not even my favorite,
>>
>>46247637
Arjun.
>>
I have a thassa deck that's mostly blue fatties, but I find that early game board presence is pretty shit because as of right now it's mostly build-up for late game. What are some good blue creatures that benefit from unblockable that will make an impact early game?. I already have Thada Adel, and she certainly gives me that necessary presence early game
>>
>>46259430
Got a sauce for that? wanna see it for myself
>>
>>46260834
Sorry dude, I only saw the screencap. Was something along the lines of "People want a werewolf legendary huh? Hmmmmmm,". Tongue in cheek sort of response, pretty much confirming there was one without actually saying it straight out.
>>
>>46260834
>>46260889
There's one implied in the flavortext.
>Ulrick's Kindred
>"I am not its master. We are of the same pack." -- Ulrick, Krallenhorde alpha.
I mean, obviously not all named people from flavortexts are legendary creatures, but this guy even has a title and cards named after him. I think it's a safe bet that we'll have him as a legendary werewolf, almost certainly R/G as well I think
>>
>>46257705
People really underestimate auras.

>darksteel mutation
>song of the dryads
>treachery
>animate dead
>pattern of rebirth
>splinter twin
>power artifact

This also finds skullclamp.
>>
>>46257000
>5c superfriends
Unfun to play against because a normally built deck won't have much PW removal.
>Rafiq
Isn't it obvious?
>Purphoros
For some reason he's a magnet for bad players in my area.
>>
>>46260691
http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Adeals+o%3Acombat+o%3Adamage+o%3Ato+o%3Aa+o%3Aplayer+ci%3Au&v=card&s=cname
Here's where I would start, disregarding Elbrus, but another option is to just look into more aggressive ramping.
>>
>>46257000
>Oloro
Fuck this guy and fuck you if you play him. Most boring commander ever...

>Azusa
Old lady prancing through garden 2/10 would not play. Also boring as shit.

>Azami
Old lady doing librarian things. Same as Azusa boring as hell.

Yes I hate boring commanders.
>>
>>46261520
I bet you play primarily black and red.
>>
>>46260182
Or just run Necrotic ooze combo and pay nothing. to win the game.
>>
So do you guys ever get in pods with people who are friends and just fucking circle jerk the whole time? Everything was targeting me, when a damn Kreno was going off a fullbard and Kreno equipped with a Stoneforge Masterwork with atleast 30 something Goblins.
>>
>>46261714
I've started picking out the players who will do nothing or jerk one of them or eachother into oblivion.
>Fucking Sliver player drops hivelord and starts lashing out at anyone who ever even looked at his precious Slivers funny
>All but the entire board starts shifting towards trying to smash the shithead's face in
>Except the Cromat player
>He's just here hoping some he can play a few stupid artifacts and combo off
>Oh and drop counters and removal on anyone who thinks about taking Hivelord out
>The two step away every fifteen minutes of this slog of a game to go have a smoke

The Cromat player's always a shit who does that, get him in the same pod as the Sliver player it's hell.
>>
Can anybody help me with my Angry Omnath deck?

I'm missing quite a few cards I really need, but I need to see if there are any cheaper alternatives.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/angry-elemental-tribal/
>>
>>46261107

You forgot to mention Gift of Immortality.

I run an aura package in Saffi, and Heliods Pilgrim is fantastic. Open the Armory will be going in there, too. Kalemne is getting one, too.
>>
>>46261889

It really pisses me off, especially when it involves a prize, cause I know I've been cheated out of something.
>>
File: Commanders.jpg (383 KB, 1779x844) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.jpg
383 KB, 1779x844
>>46261561
Funny how you got that precisely right, though i do enjoy the other colors. It's not the counterspells or the linear gameplan of azusa. To me they're boring because of their art and flavor and in Oloro's case because I've never seen him being cast ever. He just sits their in the command zone generating value.
>>
>>46257000
>>Horde of Notions
It's all over the place. The pilot is either running elemental tribal or voltron if they're low power level, super friends or hermit combo if they're insane high power level, and there is no way to tell until you've already either curb stomped it or ate pavement yourself. For the simple fact that I have more bad games with it on the field, I'd say Horde is my all time #1.

>>Avacyn

Wipes of all stripes the deck. Expect a nev disk off of enlightened tutor and a planar collapse from academy rector, then every other 4-6 mana fuck everything card white has. I'm fine with wipes, even armageddon, but when you're running a slow as hell win con that's easy to disrupt leaving only a game-prolonging shell to slog through I'd just sooner scoop and play 3-4 more games with someone else.

>>Zedruu
I love the commander as a concept and have seen several very fun builds, but the number of hug decks with no legitimate win con that either make it impossible for anyone to kill each other or play kingmaker is simply too fucking much. If you wanted to play kingmaker you should have told the rest of the board this was a 2v2, and if you wanted to play magic you should have a way to END THE GAME.

Honestly, every general is usually fine, it's more the deckmakers that ware the problem. Hugs that are just that, kingmakers, slow-to-a-crawl control, and disproportionate power levels are the only real gripes I have. Everything else, it's just how you play the game.
>>
>>46262207

I know, my N is going out in my keyboard. if I don't hit it hard enough it won't register.
>>
>>46261714
>Kreno was going off
>Kreno equipped with
It's KrenKo.
>>
>>46262080
About Zedruu...

Zedruu was the deck I built, and after a lot of tweaking, and fixing, and getting better as a player, it has become something of a legend among my playgroup.

When I started playing commander, I knew all my friends were better than me, and had better decks than me, so I thought, "How can I make one deck that can compete with anything?" So I got the idea to build a deck that uses my opponent's strength against them. After a little research, found my colors, and picked Zedruu.

I figured Zedruu was a good idea because I don't care if I boost you, it'll just make me more powerful too. I constantly win games from behind by just mindcontroling the winning player's commander.

My favorite win was when I used Cultural Exchange to trade Zedruu and Daxos for Rhys the Redeemed and Darien, King of Kjeldor, then Brand to take them back. Then I used his own token engines to make 40 tokens, and Goblin Bombardment'ed them into his face.

Long story short, I love this deck, and I like bragging about it.
>>
File: 1436111628480.jpg (123 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436111628480.jpg
123 KB, 500x500
I've been fantasizing about Arjun, the Shifting Flame control deck. The control element being that you play so many cheap cantrips that you can stack your deck eventually and get information on how to find answers.

Add plenty permission, some mana rocks, few sweepers and finishers

Although I'm not autistic enough to remember 80 someting cards and not autistic enough to force opponents to play against me thinktanking it for 5 minutes every time I cast something.
>>
Returning player here: Jesus this power creep is fucking ridiculous (started in urza, left in mirrodin)

If I have a card that reduces spell costs by 1 colorless, and cast an xR spell, the reduced effect doesn't do anything, right?

And are experience counters permanent? If I have two cards with experience effects, do the effects stack?

Last one: the fuck does command beacon even do?
>>
>>46262929
Why not just play creatureless anything with Proteus Staff or Polymorph.
>>
>>46262930
>If I have a card that reduces spell costs by 1 colorless, and cast an xR spell, the reduced effect doesn't do anything, right?
It does affect it. Say for example the mana cost of your sorceries is reduced by 1 and you want to Blaze something for 5 damage total. You need to pay 4R total and your X equals 5.
More on mana costs;
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Cost

>And are experience counters permanent? If I have two cards with experience effects, do the effects stack?
Experience counters explained;
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2015-mechanics-2015-11-02

>Last one: the fuck does command beacon even do?
Assuming you're not too familiar with the mechanics of command zone:

408.1. The command zone is a game area reserved for certain specialized objects that have an overarching effect on the game, yet are not permanents and cannot be destroyed.
408.2. Emblems may be created in the command zone.
408.3. In the...Commander... casual variants, nontraditional Magic cards and/or specially designated cards start the game in the command zone. Each variant has its own rules regarding such cards.

Also;
http://mtgcommander.net/rules.php
>>
File: 1431107316864.jpg (91 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1431107316864.jpg
91 KB, 640x640
>>46262979
I was thinking more along the lines of legacy miracles, but for your entire deck.
>>
>>46262929
>stack your deck eventually and get information on how to find answers
You'd have to have a phenomenal memory to pull that off, that and make sure you or your opponents don't play anything that would make you shuffle. Better to just play with plenty of cheap instants that you can cast to draw into the answers you're looking for, which an Arjun deck is great at. You don't need to know exactly what you're going to draw when you can cast stuff like Gigadrowse or Unsummon to dig for an Arcance Denial or Redirect or what have you.
>>
>>46261952

Help. Please?
>>
>>46263004
Thanks, I appreciate it.

So what would be the purpose of moving your commander from the command zone to your hand? It's not in the battlefield, right? So why bother?
>>
>>46261952
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Yavimaya Elder
Skullclamp
Greater Good
Perilous Forays
Explosive Vegetation
Eternal Witness

If you wanna go for some grave synergies I would get Borborygmos Enraged, Life From the Loam, Groundskeeper, etc.

Could also go a bit deeper on Young Pyro style and play Wort and more ramp spells, tutors and utility like Anarchist, Restock etc.

I would cut all the random big creatures and some of the weaker elementals like Mindsparker, Walker of the Grove.
>>
>>46263325
Every time the commander goes to the command zone, it cost another 2 colourless to cast again. Casting it from your hand always has the cost printed on the card.
>>
>>46263325
If your commander has racked up penalty from dying a lot it may be cheaper to fetch it into your hand and cast it from there.
>>
>>46241143
This cards a house in my saffi-pod style edh
>>
Ever once in a while I see sylvian primordial and Prime time in other titania decks are they unbanned or something?
>>
>>46263438
Duel EDH. 1v1 commander has a different banlist.
>>
They do commander banlist updates at the same time as Wizards does theirs right?

Think we'll see any additions?
>>
File: 1448250048315.jpg (34 KB, 369x434) Image search: [Google]
1448250048315.jpg
34 KB, 369x434
I'm looking for help making this Sen oppression deck for my control heavy meta (I regularly play against a High Arbiter, Riku Spell Slinger, Mizzix, Child of Alara and a weird Surrak Control deck).

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enchantment-oppression-1/
>>
>>46259616
>100 tokens

what the fuck is wrong with you? Use the decks you're not playing for tokens.

Buy a fucking backpack to carry your shit in
>>
>>46263785
I can maybe see Narset getting hit, but I doubt it. And I can't really think of any other card that is on the same level of degeneration that isn't obviously one of the list makers' pet cards and should've been banned ages ago (here's looking at you Mind over Matter).
>>
>>46263817
>Use the decks you're not playing for tokens

Do you mistake me for a manlet?
>>
>>46263238
Replace Destructive Revelry with Hull Breach

Cut:
Elvish Piper
Ember Swallower
Mindsparker
Phytotitan
Walker of the Grove
Molten Birth

Add:
more lands that sac for an effect, Strip Mine, Tec Edge, etc.
Groundskeeper
Shivan Harvest
Coat of Arms
Shared Animosity
Ashling the Pilgrim
Brighthearth Banneret
Chandra's Spitfire
Clouthresher
Flamekin Harbinger
Generator Servant
Ingot Chewer
Skullmulcher
Titania

If you are worried about blue wrecking your shit, Shatterstorm, Creeping Corrosion, Pyroblast, Blue Elemental Blast, Display of Dominance, Vexing Shusher

your list is not bad/10. Judging by some of the card choices I assume you put this together using cards you already owned.
>>
>>46263851
no clue what you're trying to say here
>>
File: 407666.full.png (107 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
407666.full.png
107 KB, 200x279
Would pic related make a good RG Landfall commander ?
Any better commander for the dame deck ?
>>
Why is it only recently that people on this general are talking about brion?
>>
>>46263950
New Omnath is just better, unfortunately. The "additional land each turn" aspect isn't there, but you're probably going to be running quite a few of the effects in the deck anyways, and I've never seen anyone running him actually have trouble hitting the curve.
>>
>>46263969
They're just in it for a quick fling.
>>
>>46264203
haah
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.