[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ Star Wars General: Mystery of Triclops Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 400x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 400x678
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>46199055→ #

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
>>46237387

Tie fighter versus F16. They start 100 miles apart and are both aware the other exists. No other interference.

Who wins, /tg/?
>>
>one guy named Trioculus
>one guy named Triclops
I know the reasoning but it'll always be hilarious.
>>
>>46237417
Sheev.
>>
>>46237417
Actually a tough one. The TIE fighter is not that impressive a craft, and her need to fight in a WWII style dogfight puts a real hamper on it. TIE fighters have had missile detection systems at certain times though, and if the pilot's good they could shoot some missiles down if the F-16 tries to just fire at max range and then back off. Plus the TIE has such a ludicrous speed (I'm drawn back to the Starfighters of Adumar battle where TIE interceptors whipped through furballs and caused such a havoc that Wedge and his team needed to grab their X-wings to even the odds) and remembering that happening puts me to say the fighter, though the F-16 isn't totally out of that fight.
>>
>>46237499
I wouldn't be surprised if ties have some anti-missile countermeasure, especially against a comparatively "primitive" weapon like an AMRAAM.

The tie also has a flight ceiling advantage. Like it or not the f16 can't reach orbit, the tie gives zero shits about atmo.
>>
>>46237417
Han Solo, neither pilot notices him swooping in from a higher altitude.
>>
>>46237387

More pictures from Special Modifications
>>
>>46237387
Supreme Prophet Kadann had started with me. I forgot about everyone else, but his silhouette has started with me for all these years.
>>
>>46237907
For me it was grand Moff dunhaussen the ammosexual with the DL-44 brand Glawk fourtay earings.
>>
File: Compforce.jpg (142 KB, 780x1170) Image search: [Google]
Compforce.jpg
142 KB, 780x1170
>>46237907
Them spiked epaulettes where pretty much EU art at its finest 'I'm fucking bad' moment
>>
Guys. I have an issue. I got the Blu-Ray rips of The Force Awakens and when I played it it was just Episode 4. WTF? Is it another fake?
>>
File: 1274766930300.jpg (83 KB, 854x640) Image search: [Google]
1274766930300.jpg
83 KB, 854x640
>>46240059

>>>/tv/
>>
File: john-cleese-yng_thumb.jpg (19 KB, 320x338) Image search: [Google]
john-cleese-yng_thumb.jpg
19 KB, 320x338
>>46240059
>>
File: Kihraxz.jpg (127 KB, 648x368) Image search: [Google]
Kihraxz.jpg
127 KB, 648x368
So we had out first PC death happen last session. Bothan spy ate it against an assassin type character who was trained to kill Jedi.

With his dying breath he begged the Jedi of the party to take care of his family; a daughter and a nephew.

I'm hoping the guy will take one of those two and make them a Force Sensitive so we see some sweet Bothan Padawan action!
>>
>>46240059
You might think so, but honestly, only real fans of Star Wars can even tell the difference between Episodes 4 and 7.
>>
File: Tumblr_ny5kjfcqCl1qkmwh6o1_1280.jpg (548 KB, 1189x1920) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_ny5kjfcqCl1qkmwh6o1_1280.jpg
548 KB, 1189x1920
Would she make a perfect Ysanne?
>>
Do we actually see a single Bothan in any of the star wars films? All I remember is "many Bothans died to bring us this information" and every time it's just the Empire setting the rebels up. Bothans seem like they can't be trusted.
>>
>>46240932
Far as I know, none of them have ever been in the full movies
>>
>>46240846
This.
>>
Because I got fucking fooled by the other thread:
How broken is Cyber Tech? I'm thinking of taking it as my Hutt Heavy's fifth spec (his others are Merc Soldier, FS Exile and Peacekeeper because our GM gave us one spec for free) because he wound up with a fuckton of cyberware from constantly losing limbs in combat and deciding to just get better ones.

The other players think it's broken, but I'm not so sure.

Also I just split an old X-Wing boxset with a friend and I'm wondering what I can do with the Rebel half of it and a HWK-290 the GM got me as a Christmas present.
>>
>>46237499
Can bullets or conventional missiles even penetrate a TIE/ln's hull? I was under the impression that, like most things in the Star Wars universe, they were built out of durasteel, an alloy of neutronium, and as a result would be pretty much immune to normal weapons.
>>
>>46242576
There's still the "glass" on the cockpit made out of transperisteel. I guess that would be the only weak point?
>>
>>46237884

Same, post more from Special Modifications! I need to know how to make a robot friend and an insane blaster for it!
>>
File: 1451244161571.png (1 MB, 1680x728) Image search: [Google]
1451244161571.png
1 MB, 1680x728
OP, you da illest.
>>
>>46242793
Well, what's transperisteel made from?
>>
>>46243725
Transparent steel, duh.
>>
If the anon who was posting from Special Modifications is still around could we get pics of the new cybernetics please? Cheers.
>>
So i finally gave up and watched episode 7. It in no way makes sense as a sequel to episode 6, it only makes sense if you consider that the owner(s) want a safe and blank slate to reboot the setting with an evil empire and weaker rebels.

7/10. It's main saving grace is in not being the prequels. That's a damning measurement.
>>
>>46243809
Not him, but Huttfag considering Cyber Tech here, I remember two from leafing through the book yesterday. One is a 8000-cred biofeedback system that doesn't count towards your cybernetics cap but instead increases it by two, and another lets you restart any cybernetic shut down by ion weapons.
>>
>>46243888
It makes sense if you accept that the NR and Imperial remnant are basically broke (due to war reparations, rebuilding, etc.)
>>
>>46243640
OP here, sweet drawing.
>>
>>46244476
>>46243888
I agree with both of these. You've gotta step it up. People in 1977 were impressed with battle polygons the size of moons, but now the Stargulper is the MINIMUM size of a superweapon.

It's space opera, I don't gotta explain shit.
>>
File: ACZ excalibur.jpg (93 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
ACZ excalibur.jpg
93 KB, 520x390
>>46244686
>MINIMUM size of a superweapon
Size matters not. A superweapon's coolness is far more dependent on the creativity of its design than on its size.
>>
>>46244885
I don't remember that scene in The Hobbit
>>
File: Many Bothans.jpg (54 KB, 671x390) Image search: [Google]
Many Bothans.jpg
54 KB, 671x390
>>46240932

The real reason many Bothans died to bring us this information.
>>
>>46243888
Episode 7 wasn't meant to be a sequel to 6. The OT is a triology for a reason. Just like Episode 4 isn't a sequel to Episode 3. It's just a continuation of the story, decades later. Shit happens, people grow old, marriages don't work out, and all the extendd universe goes and fucks itself. A lot of the good bits I mourn the loss of, but the bad EU is bad and deserves to be burned in a fire.
>>
>>46244945
Wrong movie. It was a deleted scene from the Battle of Isengard in Two Towers. See the Ents in the foreground?
>>
>>46245040
>implying TFA is any better
kek
We could've had a Kyle Katarn movie, but no, fuck Abrams and fuck Disney. Classic EU best fluff, nucanon a shit
>>
>>46243888
Oh, and did anyone else giggle when Ren took off his mask? I mean seriously, between hux flux, Kylo and space pirate harry potter every human villain looks like a twelve year old. Conscription can't have gone that far
>>
Hey guys, help me round out my bomber squadron. I'm really quite pleased with how it's been doing in my meta, and I'm starting to get really good at flying it.

The original premise was to have all 4 bombers with identical loadouts, as that symmetry really pleases me and keeps things easy to keep track of.

With the release of the Ghost kit, thermal detonators have crept into my list. That added stress is SO worth the extra point, but now it's made my list asymmetrical. On one hand, I could have jonus add in his ordinance for extra damage, as my opponents will undoubtedly target the only named character in my list first. On the other hand, I could load him up with defensive crew or buffs from TIE shuttle. That might keep him alive longer, but really knocks down those extra red dice.

>3x Scimitar Squadron Pilot
Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Plasma Torpedoes, seismic charges
>Captain Jonus
Guidance chips, extra munitions, plasma torpedoes, seismic charges

-or-

Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Plasma Torpedoes, Thermal Detonators
>Captain Jonus
Guidance chips, plasma torpedoes, thermal detonators

-or-

Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Plasma Torpedoes, Thermal Detonators
>Captain Jonus
Determination, TIE shuttle, fleet officer, Moff Jerjerrod

-or-

Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, concussion/cluster missiles, Thermal Detonators
>Captain Jonus
Determination, TIE shuttle, Moff Jerjerrod

Thoughts? What're your opinions? Which would you choose?
>>
>>46241982
An X-Wing and HWK-290 isn't a bad start for rebels in X-Wing. But you'll need more, eventually. The miniatures work great for rpgs, as well.

The go-to rebel X-Wing expansions are (in no particular order) the X-Wing blister, gets you Wedge; Rebel Aces and the A and B blister, gets you all A and B wing pilots and upgrades; Millenium Falcon, because it's the classic icon of Star Wars. Y-Wings are also solid, but are best if you also get the K-Wing for the better turret option (ditto to HWK-290). After that it's just whatever you feel like grabbing. Ghost is new hotness, and thematically based off the show. Outrider is solid, and an homage to the old Shadows of the Empire book and game. E-Wing is meh, but Corran Horn is really good if you build him right. Z-95s are pure mediocre chaff and expendable as fuck. I like to think Bandit Squadron Z-95s are piloted by Bothans. K-wing itself is derpy and stupid looking, but Miranda is a pain in the ass to play against (and Twin Lasers are good).
>>
>>46245147
We do have a Kyle Katarn movie it's called Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. I love liv action cutscenes as much as the next neckbeard but you've got to admit it's not really movie material.
>>
>>46245147
We also could have had a Yuzhong Bong-A-Thon movie, with an unobtanium-made Starkiller flying through planets and not afraid of nothing.

But we didn't. So I'll take TFA over how awful it could have easily been. I mourn the loss of Kyle, Mara Jade, Tycho, and Shadows of the Empire. But some EU stuff is already leaking back into nu-canon. Like Black Sun, Hound's Tooth, and not-Travis Mandalorians.
>>
>>46237619
What's the TIE's heat signature even look like? Does the durasteel insulate heat? Do the solar radiators affect anything?

It seems to me like the TIE (being a dogfighter/strafing run ship) relies more on LoS than the F-16 does. Firing a missile from several kilometers off keeps the ship sager away from the lasers. But at the same time, one lance from the TIE should strip apart that frame like a hot knife through butter. And the F-16's countermeasures do NOTHING to the TIE.

I don't even think the missiles would be able to target the TIE as the engine itself doesn't look like it puts out any major heat signature.

This means that the F-16 might have to resort to target and shoot via eye/head tracking. Which puts the TIE in a line for a dogfight, where it will easily out maneuver and chase down the F16.
>>
>>46245236
I was planning on getting the second X-Wing for based Wedge, and I'm very likely to get the YT2400 because fuck yeah Dash Rendar. Not interested in the Ghost, really.
What sort of stuff goes well with these? I haven't actually played X-Wing yet so I have no fucking clue. I was amused at someone mentioning he'd hate me forever if I used the Outrider with Katarn as a crewman on him, though.

>>46245309
>i'll take a solid log of shit over drippy diarrhoea spray
>>
>>46245235
I would go the first or second list over either with the shuttle. Te Tie shuttle has it's place, but you should run Tomax with Cool Hand if you want to fly it with the Fleet Officer. If you do put Jonus in a shuttle, my recommendation would be Tactician over Jerjerod for it. Although Jerkface would keep it alive a but longer.
>>
>>46245438
I thought the same, but then I'd lose out on the re-rolls and the points don't easily fit.
>>
>>46245405
With Wedge, I tend to recommend giving him Engine Upgrade for added maneuverability. You get 2 out of the Millenium Falcon, which is a large part of why it tends to be a solid addition for Rebels. Beyond that he does good with Push the Limit and a generic R2 (with the Engine), -or- giving him Expert Handling if you have to have barrel roll. Wedge also runs well with Jan Ors in the HWK, as she can boost his dice count and make him quite lethal. But he's an X-Wing, so don't think he'll be dodging shit like Soontir Fel does.

The outrider is pretty solid as-is. Dash gives you the title, and the kit comes with a Heavy Laser Cannon as standard. From there, it's pretty open to whatever you want. Kyle Katarn and Push the Limit are popular for a reason, but it's not as OP as people like to think. Vet Instincts pushes Dash up to a solid PS 9. And now that the Ghost is out, Kanan as crew, riding shotgun for Dash, with Push the Limit, is disgusting. It turns most of your dial "green".

Either way, both the Outrider and the Falcon are solid. And they actually compliment each other well, although you don't get much else with them.
>>
>>46243888
It's a 6-7/10 for me. I hate the direction it takes the Universe and how they focused on Rey's boring plot instead of Finn and Poe.
>>
>>46245579
True. But Guidance Chimps don't often need the rerolls.

I see the Tie Shuttle as being a pure support platform, or stressinator. Fleet Officer's handy, but it eats your (only) action and leaves you vulnerable with a stress token.
>>
>>46245405
>i'll take a solid log of shit over drippy diarrhoea spray

Well, which one of those do you want coming out of your ass?
>>
>>46245683
Not every movie can be a rainbow-spray out your ass, like Empire. New Hope was pretty much just a solid turd. An epic one that started the flow, but still just a solid.
>>
>>46245683
It's not coming out of my ass though, it's being served up on a plate. And I'd rather have some prime steak, thanks.

>>46245599
Thanks. My friend suggested taking Garven with Kyle and the Moldy Crow title for focus-based shenanigans.
>>
>>46237387
Goddamnit OP, this is why we don't put "star wars" in the title anymore
>>
>>46245857
We had grown complacent. Comfortable even in speaking of TFA without the thread descending into chaos. And then the blu-Ray came.
>>
>>46245380
The wookieepedia article on the TIE/LN implies that it's running off of either a small generator (supplemented by the solar arrays) or batteries; that combined with an ion drive suggest a pretty cold machine. If the TIE can get in dogfighting range, it's going to go to whoever can score a hit first, basically.
>>
>>46245857
These last few OPs have been terrible.
>>
>>46245191
Oh my god, the entire theater was laughing.
>>
File: rom mohc.png (121 KB, 296x250) Image search: [Google]
rom mohc.png
121 KB, 296x250
>>46245191
>tfw nucanon's Imps, Inquisitors, and First Order are massive disappointments as villains
>tfw we will never return to the glory days of Jerec, Trioculus, and based Mohc
>>
>>46245840
Garven's good, but he lacks a pilot talent. Which honestly is his biggest problem, because that means you need the unique astromech from the transport to get him one. When it comes to Xs, Luke is the solid closer you want at the end of a match, Wedge is the muder-machine, Wes Jansen is the one who kills shenanigans, and Biggs is the eternal Wingman you want at your side. Honorable mention to Tarn with an R7 being dirt-cheap and survivable, and Jek Porkins being hilariously awesome with the right build (hull upgrade is a must).

Kyle piloting the HWK with the Moldy Crow title is indeed a focus-battery. It doesn't take long for your friends to realize that he's a general nuissance, and gun for him. Give him Recon Spec for extra swank, and a Twin Laser Turret for a near-guaranteed 2 damage a turn. He's got the focus to burn one every shot for the TLT.
>>
>>46246172
Ok nucanon inquisitors are basically a bunch of idiots in clown shoes but you can't seriously think Trioculus, /swg/'s husbando, is actually a good character or concept
>>
>>46246209
Nope, but Mohc, Jerec and Thrawn were

I'm now sad my campaign was set with Mohc already dead, he would've been great fun as an antagonist
>>
>>46246209
I'm sure anon was just joking about that one.
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239 KB, 700x1147) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239 KB, 700x1147
>>46246209
>Trioculus
>Not the most fun Imperial villain after Palpatine
He's cheesy as fuck and I love it. I'd take him over those First Order chumps any day.
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/3/24/the-inventors-handbook/

Special Modifications is "officially" out
>>
>>46246172
Kylo as a vaderboo is actually a pretty good concept in my opinion that I'm excited to see more of. His wasn't bad either in a Napoleon syndrome kind of way

>there will never be a nucanon taco on or desann
>>
>>46246344
>taco

Fuck autocorrect I should never use my phone
>>
>>46246344
>is only good with his lightsaber when attacking inanimate objects with it
>struggles with a stormtrooper who never even touched a lightsaber before and Mary Sue
Yeah, sure, he was wounded already. Are you sure he wasn't just shit in general?
>>
>>46246464
The way my friend described him after the movie was "He's got an A in Force Powers and a D- in Lightsabers."
>>
>>46246344
I too mourn the nucanon tacos.
>>
>>46246464
Maybe his whole lightsaber is shit. Stopping blaster shots with your mind and mind raping people with the force is pretty neat though. I meant more interesting as a character than actually competent. For competence I'd rate him above chumps like nucanon inquisitors and general grievous but below Ventress. Also obligatory HE GOT FUCKING SHOT IN THE CHEST 5 MINUTES BEFORE
>>
>>46246525
Welcome to Bantha Bandito, where every customer gets a free Starkiller Base toy with their very first order.
>>
File: side2_905.jpg (93 KB, 900x652) Image search: [Google]
side2_905.jpg
93 KB, 900x652
EU tacos were a little ridiculous, let's not kid ourselves
>>
>>46246567
>above Grievous
Nigga please, we all know Tartakovsky Grievous is true Grievous
>>
>>46246600
Clone Wars Grievous>>>Revenge of the Sith Grievous>BFII grievous>TCW grievous
>>
>>46246580
YAY TACO TUESDAY!
>>
>>46246502
That's actually not a bad assessment of his abilities... And in a way, it makes sense. After the republic collapsed, most of the lightsaber practitioners were... Kanan, Vader, and Obi-Wan... It's not like Luke ever got grade-A training. He had about a day with Obi-Wan, and Yoda only taught him to lift rocks.
>>
>>46246567
The people who hate Kylo Ren are just so perfectly demonstrating why he works.
Angry manchild obsessed with idealized vision of the past disliked by manchildren obsessed with an idealized vision of the past.
Shocker.
>>
>>46246881
Starkiller Base was still dumb as hell, but it's the price we pay for Poe Dameron not dying, and so I will pay it willingly.
>>
>>46246665

That's not saying much...
Sith Greivous was just an asthmatic cripple with 4 boat-motors for arms.
>>
>>46246920
This is the best description of the Greivy ever
>>
>>46246881
Or maybe it's because he is impossible to take seriously as a threat? First time I saw a photo of him sans helmet, I immediately thought "Take his lightsaber away and even I could break him over my knee". His 'tism tantrums and inability to control himself just cement that complete lack of menace.
>>
>>46246946
>I immediately thought "Take his lightsaber away and even I could break him over my knee".
Watch out, we got a badass over here
>>
>>46246946
I kind of like that, though. It shoes he's ultimately just an angsty kid with anger management issues, who doesn't amount to much without his helmet and shoddy lightsaber.

In a way, he's an internet tough-guy personified.
>>
File: 1458918089955.jpg (1 MB, 1930x1331) Image search: [Google]
1458918089955.jpg
1 MB, 1930x1331
>>
File: 1458918215963.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1691) Image search: [Google]
1458918215963.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1691
>>46247033
>>
>>46246989
Nigga I'm a fat out-of-shape neckbeard pushing thirty, it says far more about him than it does about me

>>46247012
It really, really doesn't do much for the film. Snoke Weed Erryday is likely going to be a disappointment too.
>>
>>46246337
Glad we're getting a specialization that focuses on cybertech modification, but the Modder sounds an awful lot like Outlaw Tech just from flavor text alone.
>>
File: 1458917753513.jpg (2 MB, 1616x2433) Image search: [Google]
1458917753513.jpg
2 MB, 1616x2433
>>46247066
>>
>>46247085
It's more like a mix of that and Rigger, I think.
>>
>>46247077
>Snoke

I STILL can't get over how awful that name is.
>>
File: 1458917644447.jpg (2 MB, 1601x1057) Image search: [Google]
1458917644447.jpg
2 MB, 1601x1057
>>46247094
>>
File: 1458918720568.jpg (675 KB, 1985x1322) Image search: [Google]
1458918720568.jpg
675 KB, 1985x1322
>>46247158
>>
>>46246946
A whiny manchild with anger issues dislikes seeing one of his people as the villain of a movie.

Welcome to the club motherfucker, you can sit with the gay-sounding brits, the giant angry black guys, or the scruffy muzzies. The Asian chicks in bodysuits probably aren't gonna let you be at their table.
>>
>>
File: we just dont know.jpg (30 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
we just dont know.jpg
30 KB, 600x337
>>46247210
...What the fuck are you even trying to say here?
>>
>>46247077
No wonder you hate him... He's a cuter version of you!
>>
File: Cronal_GTCG-AoD.jpg (475 KB, 1493x1198) Image search: [Google]
Cronal_GTCG-AoD.jpg
475 KB, 1493x1198
>>46247293
Wouldn't go that far, he has a foot-face.
>>
>>46247293
>Adam Driver
>Cute

Nigga, I'm gay and Adam Driver is unattractive as fuck.
>>
>>46237417
F-16 easily, blasters are no match for the AIM-120 AMRAAM.

Speaking of which, why are guided missiles almost nonexistent in Star Wars?
>>
>>46247345
So now you're an internet edgelord-fag!

Nothing wrong with that, man. I'd totally suck a dick.
>>
>>46247345
Gays are shallow cunts, so who cares.

I'm gay too ;)
>>
File: 1452126834649.gif (2 MB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1452126834649.gif
2 MB, 600x300
>>46247412
He's not me, but gotta say I think seeing ANH is when I started questioning my sexuality
>>
File: Protontorpedo.jpg (11 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
Protontorpedo.jpg
11 KB, 200x240
>>46247370
>why are guided missiles almost nonexistent in Star Wars
They aren't. Most milspec starfighters are capable of mounting guided ordnance like torpedoes and missiles. It's just that the film crews would rather show gun kills because World War II dogfighting in space.

BVRAAMs, on the other hand, are almost nonexistent because most starfighters shit ECM like it's going out of style, even TIEs. Old cross-section books showed that even the common X-wing had an ECM package installed.
>>
>>46247370
>targeting computers
>homing missiles
>luke using/turning off ship guidance for proton torpedoes on the death star
>BFIII relays guiding in ordinance from Y-wings on Hoth

You got me, there's no such thing as guided weapons in star wars.
>>
>>46247239
I really wish that the "You're afraid that you'll never be as strong as JOHN CENA" video was on youtube instead of buried in tumblr.
>>
>>46247548
To be fair, Kylo actually will never be strong as Anakin, let alone Vader.
>>
>>46247370
Because star wars ECM is insanely good. Same reason they don't have BVR
>>
>>46237417
Since the TIE has insanely good ECM, a BVR kill isn't in the cards for the F-16, and in a dogfight I'd give it to the TIE
>>
Did TIE Hunters ever get used anywhere outside of Rebel Strike?

Seriously, those things could match an X-Wing without costing nearly as much as a Defender.
>>
Are there stats for the Gand in FFG?
>>
>>46245235
Gamma Squadron works better with ordnance and bombs due to the higher pilot skill. Scimitars are more suited to dropping mines.

Gamma w/ homing missiles, thermals, extra munitions, guidance chips (28) x2
Scimitar w/ connor net, extra munitions (22) x2

You could drop down to concussion or proton torps to fit tracers on the Scimitars, or even drop down to proximity mines too for flechettes.
>>
>>46248233
In the EoTE corebook
>>
>>46248303
For both Breather and Lungless varieties?
>>
>>46248340
yes
>>
>>46245405
Wedge and Dash are pretty expensive, so you can't fit much else.

X-Wing: · Wedge Antilles (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
· BB-8 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
YT-2400: · Dash Rendar (36)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Recon Specialist (3)
· Outrider (5)
A-Wing: Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
100/100

That's a pretty straightforward set up. Dash throws 4 dice at everything, Wedge sets up for a quick kill and glorious death, with a chump A-Wing for blocking.
>>
Working on a list for a store tournament tomorrow. Here's what I've got:

X-Wing: Wedge Antilles (29)
-Outmaneuver (3)
-BB-8 (2)
-Integrated Astromech (0)
B-Wing: Keyan Farlander (29)
-Stay on Target (2)
-Advanced Sensors (3)
-B-Wing/E2 (1)
-Intelligence Agent (1)
T-70 X-Wing: Blue Ace (27)
-R7-T1 (3)
-Integrated Astromech (0)

I've seen this work pretty well against swarms and other arc-dodger lists who aren't expecting maneuverable rebel ships, but I'm concerned it'll get shredded by Brobots and other hard target lists, or by Scum TLT Y-Wings. Anything I can do to fix that?
>>
Anyone have the species for Special Modifications? I'm making a Dug smuggler/pilot type and I need stats. Thanks.
>>
>>46248559
I was talking upgrades, not extra ships, thankfully.
Thanks.

Also that poor A-Wing...
>>
>>46248728
Wedge isn't outmaneuvering shit. He's a great fire and forget missile, so keep him cheap.

Keyan and Blue Ace are fun.

If you want dodgy Rebs, look for Jake and Tycho. Miranda and Ks in general can be janky to fly against, too. And there's always Super Dash boosting and rolling everywhere.
>>
>>46247718
But Anakin was way more powerful than Vader
>>
>>46248941
Phoenix Squadron
We live, we die, we live again!
>>
>>46249029
Anakin was more powerful than Vader when he was first interred in the suit but 20 years of development made Vader much more powerful. His injuries made him lose a lot of power and potential, but he gained the power back. Of course, he'll never be able to regain that potential.
>>
>>46248941
A-Wing blocker is best blocker!
>>
We know isard ended up couping Pestage and taking the throne. What are some other people, or stations of authority/titles that are well placed to attemt to seize the throne after endor, or generally in an environment where sheev dies and leaves no clear and strong heir?
>>
How's This? I'm split between lone wolf and vi on poe, vs having autothrusters or integrated astro on red ace.

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
· R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)
T-70 X-Wing: · "Red Ace" (29)
· R2-D2 (4)
Autothrusters (2)
Comm Relay (3)
X-Wing: · Tarn Mison (23)
R7 Astromech (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
>>
>>46237387
>2016
>not playing commodore zuggs
>>
>>46248728
>X-Wing: Wedge Antilles (29)
>-Outmaneuver (3)
>-BB-8 (2)
>-Integrated Astromech (0)

Do you not know the PTL BB8 thing? what are you doing mate?
>>
>>46249406

I do not know the PTL BB8 thing.
>>
>>46249406
Not op, but t65s don't benefit as much from that extra action, since they can only focus/target lock. outmanuver is cute with wedge for -2 green.
>>
>>46249450
when you reveal a green, you can activate bb8, after you barrel roll, you can activate push the limit. then you do your green maneuver which clears the stress from ptl, and you get your normal action.,
>>
>>46249453
Yeah... but what the hell is the point of BB8 if you arent going to go all the way. R2 would be a cheaper way of gaining some extra mobility, even if it isnt post maneuver.
>>
>>46249533
To setup the outmanuver op is looking for.and avoid blockers. not sure if the target lock or -1 green in stronger if you're already focused.

Does wedge just stop fat han from rolling c3p0?
>>
>>46249533

OP here. I took it for shock value really. In each match I've used that setup, the players maneuvered on the belief that Wedge couldn't barrel roll, which let him get out of arcs and behind targets a lot.

PTL fits in the same points so I could also take that no problem, but I liked having the -2 green like >>46249453 mentioned.
>>
>>46249343
Extra hp is nice on super tanky Red Ace, plus you can fit flechettes on Tarn to make him more obnoxious.

>>46249533
The barrel roll is decent repositioning on PS11 Wedge and an extra hp when things get dicey.
>>
File: mofference.jpg (390 KB, 1120x736) Image search: [Google]
mofference.jpg
390 KB, 1120x736
>>46249317
You know damn well who would be the true heir to the Empire. There's also Thrawn and his Empire of the Hand, the Pentastar Alignment, and Zsinj.
>>
>>46249831
>PS11 Wedge
Someone is scared of the baron arent they?
>>
>>46249831
I'll give flechettes a try, I;vew never actually used munitions on anyone but a deadeye nera

>>46249950
and vader, and inquisitor, ps10 poe, and -insert ace here-
>>
>>46250075
Nothinf about vader is mroe manuverable then wedge with bb8, I wouldnt worry about him getting behind you. and besides, i prefer to build lists were everyone has a job to do. Keep ace as hell wedge, and throw in a turret Y to scare the aces away. TLT is a good option, especially for vader
>>
>>46249892
I was thinking more about people or positions that remainded within the mainstream empire, though you make a good point about how some of those same people could have made some different moves and gone for the imperial throne instead.
a campaign in a setting where zsinj or kaine coups the throne not long after would be an interesting one for a post endor rebel campaign.
>>
>>46250131
Vader usually takes the boost upgrade, and between that and the adv targeting comp, wedge is gonna have a hard time against him at ps 11. even moresor if he has prockets
>>
File: 1393638087995.jpg (8 KB, 191x328) Image search: [Google]
1393638087995.jpg
8 KB, 191x328
>>46249892
Is that officer on the far right wearing tiny blaster pistol earrings?

And more importantly can he fire them?
>>
>>46249473
The problem with the BB-8 > PTL > Green maneuver clear stress combo, is that it's predictable. BB-8 is useful, and PTL off of it is valid provided you have something more to do than Focus or Target Lock. But the green maneuvers on an X-Wing aren't impressive... You have straights out to 2, and 1 Banks. This is the same reason why Starvipers don't do well with PtL; their list of green maneuvers is identical except for the addition of a straight 3. It makes clearing stress very predictable, and means your X-Wing with BB-8 is only going to be doing a lateral shift with possibly a boost, and then going straight or drifting slowly with a 1-bank. A Starviper with PtL is in the same boat, because PtL means you WANT to take that stress for double actions, but your method of cleaing stress is predictable... Go straight, or slow drift with a 1-bank.

For these reasons, and having fought against PtL BB-8 Poe/Wedge numerous times, I advise against PtL and the "but I can clear steess with the green maneuver". Without a standard R2, your greens suck and makes your stress-shedding very predictable.

I'm not saying BB-8 is bad, but using him to trigger a PtL makes your X-Wing easy to play against.
>>
>>46245191
Gwendoline Christie should've played Kylo, she genuinely looks more intimidating than Driver, let alone that fucker who played Hux.
>>
>>46245191
>Conscription can't have gone that far
ehhh, well sillier things have happened.
>>
Guys, I got an idea, guys!

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!191:19,136,126,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:;191:19,136,126,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:;191:19,136,126,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:;191:19,136,126,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:&sn=FUCK%20U-BOATS!
>>
Don't suppose anybody'll post anything new from Special Mods before I have a game tonight, huh?
>>
>>46240902
>Julianne Moore
Yep.
>>
Please, O kind owners of the new tech book, please grace us with a scan of the new crafting rules.
Thanks anons
>>
Anyone have a picture of the poster Bounty Hunters in the Edge of the Empire Core?
>>
File: edge of empire.jpg (40 KB, 390x500) Image search: [Google]
edge of empire.jpg
40 KB, 390x500
there are too many D&D5e games at my local store, so i'm going to run an edge of empire game. might start it on naboo. any advice for this system?

also, i picked up the beta bc it's cheaper. any bad impressions about it?
>>
>>46251547
What I posted last night came off of the Fantasy Flight Forums, nobody has posted anything else as far as I've seen. At least not pages straight out the book
>>
>>46253444
I don't understand why you bought an out of date book when you can download the up to date one literally from the OP.

The system is extremely simple and easy to understand, most of the meat of the game is provided by the players. It's as good as your group is.
>>
>>46253444
Most of the game works fine but with one rather glaring exception: starfighter combat. RAW, starfighters are deathtraps and dogfights are even more lethal than in the films. Squadron rules (from one of the supplements) or houserules are recommended for any PCs who aspire to enter the danger zone.
>>
>>46251465
As they bomber anon from further up the thread, I approve entirely. Deadeye is going to rock on them, and the added PS is a boon too. They aren't getting the buffs from jonus or tomax, and you don't have the bombs that I do, but hey that's what you give up.

As long as you can fly and keep acs, you should be good until you lose your munitions.

I love having at least seismic charges on my ships, as that inevitable R1 shot is going to present itself, and I'd like to do SOMETHING to my opponent's ships as I pull my 5 k-turn.
>>
>>46253444
You done fucked up. Beta for EotE is insanely different in a fairly large chunk of the rules. It differs more than AoR or FaD's betas and releases. Only thing it's good for is if you're trying to grab physicals of all books in the RPG or want to see how it's changed.

Except for that, the FFG SWRPG is a great system and if you want Naboo info and appropriate stats for residents/creatures, it's in Nexus of Power.
>>
>>46250564
That's true, but in the case of trying to get away, or even to turn around and dogfight in R1, PTL BB8/Boost is phenomenal.

Revealing a right bank/2 forward, barrel rolling forward right, boosting right, and banking right/2 forward displaces you farther in a line than a 5 straight would. that can help you duck out of trouble like a SLAM would.

You can also reveal bank left, barrel roll back right, boost left, bank left to essentially make 1 1 left hard/talon roll and still not be stressed for your action.

You could even push a second time for a focus and target lock as your action. You lose out on using BB8 in your next turn, but if you've set yourself up correctly with the BB8/PTL/boost combo, you should be golden.
>>
>>46248289
That's certainly interesting, and I guess that could work if I was spreading out my bombers, but I've found that clustering my bombers in a tight squadron really improves their effectiveness. if I did this, the gammas would fly through the connor nets.
>>
File: str27-1024x640.jpg (70 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
str27-1024x640.jpg
70 KB, 1024x640
Stormtrooper transport over at fractalsponge
>>
>>46256794
That's a nice looking delta class
>>
>>46256794
Had this ever been given stats by FFG?
>>
>>46247489

>>46247370

I think a lot of people fail to understand that the Empire owns the spectrum 100%.

At Yavin the rebels complained about interference. Granted this could have been due to the Death Star.

Before that a tie fighter more or less snuck up on the falcon when they pulled up to Alderaan. Isn't that a bit strange that a smuggler with a presumably nice radar array wouldn't be able to see a tie fighter until it was screeching past them?

At Endor the rebels literally didn't notice THE MASSIVE IMPERIAL ARMADA AND TIE WINGS until the rebels turned around. They couldn't even TELL if the death star II was emitting a high powered energy shield.

The empire can shut down the EM spectrum basically at will. Presumably this is a holdover from the clone wars or something.
>>
>>46247139
Ain't worse than fucking sheev
>>
>>46259339
>"What do you MEAN we're not getting a reading? We should be getting a signal on that shield, up or down!"
>"Well how can they be jamming us if... if they don't know we're coming. PULL UP! ALL CRAFT PULL UP!"
>>
>>46246344
What the hell is taco supposed to be, Thrawn?
>>
>>46259438
Tavion maybe?

Or Rosh?
>>
>>46257056
Heck its the best incarnation I've seen of it yet

>>46259195
Far as I know the old DX-9 was back in the WEG days, she was a pretty brutal piece of work too with a LOT of guns hanging off it and the big old proton launchers
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Delta-class_DX-9_stormtrooper_transport
>>
>>46254077
i can't GM with only the physical book. Seriously.

and i have downloaded it. I use laptops an an ancillary source of info. when i get a new RPG book i flip through it, find the important parts after i read it, like tvtropes surfing
>>46254306
freighter combat is fine though?
>>46254473
i've found the update document in the meantime. a few skills changed, shuffling of numbers. things i'd write in the [twenty dollar] core rulebook
>>
Any thoughts on this list? Trying out my new Mist Hunter as an ace

Zuckuss (28)
- Veteran Instincts (2)
- Fire Control System (2)
- 4-LOM (1)
- Mist Hunter (0)
- Tractor Beam (1)

Talonbane Cobra (28)
- Glitterstim (2)

Palob Godalhi (20)
- Ion Canon Turret (5)

Binyare Pirate (12)
>>
File: 1454594233722.jpg (67 KB, 441x705) Image search: [Google]
1454594233722.jpg
67 KB, 441x705
>>46245147
>We could've had a Kyle Katarn movie

Yeah, like that wouldn't completly fuck up the already fucked perception of what a Jedi should and should not be.

Kyle Katarn is a shitty jedi, a shitty role model, and I fucking die a little inside everytime someone uses his character as a justification for making "loose cannon commandos with lightsabers and force powers"

I swear to god man, its like you WANT more grey jedi bullshit
>>
>>46262146
Kanan is Kyle but actually good anyway
>>
File: Kanan_Jarrus.jpg (128 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Kanan_Jarrus.jpg
128 KB, 480x480
>>46262156

I agree with that. Kanan is a shitty Jedi, because he hasn't had to be one for the longest time. But he's still a good guy.
>>
>>46262146
>is a shitty jedi, a shitty role model
Did you even play the games?
I mean, if the definition of a good jedi in the new canon is a Luke who fucks off and does nothing after an apprentice goes evil and kills all the other appremtices, then i guess that does make Katarn a shitty jedi.
>>
>>46237417
Assuming you mean in atmo, probably whichever pilot has the best G-suit.

Ties are pretty maneuverable, but since an F-16 can already pull a staggering 9-G turn, enough to knock out even the best human pilots after only a few seconds, It would probably come down to whoever stays conscious the longest
>>
File: 9781590301449.png (72 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
9781590301449.png
72 KB, 560x800
>>46262791

The definition of a good Jedi is not one who covers himself in buckets of stormtrooper blood and thinks thats perfectly alright. The ends do not, and never, justify the means - you can't just go around flinging force lightning and get off scott free. And I'm not talking about other peoples perceptions or law judgements.

In my opinion, Katarn and Kyp Durran are the exact same people. The type who thinks that murdering imperials by the bulk is perfectly justifiable because they're imperials. Katarn in his case should fuckin' know better because he used to be a stormtrooper. It's not like your just murdering clones or droids.

To a Jedi, all life is precious. All life.

Killing is never one of those things you should just rationalize away and forget. Thats why Katarn is a shitty character, because no one ever bothered to write in a sense of "all the people i've murdered with hatred and anger have affected me" - instead, he becomes a two dimensional movie action hero
>>
File: a-wing hit.jpg (42 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
a-wing hit.jpg
42 KB, 800x450
>>46254306
Some interesting info I found. Given this context, NPCs as cannon fodder shields for the "heroes" in squadron dog fighting situations makes a lot more sense to me than it used to.

From Chapter 11 of Sabres over Mig alley:
A relatively small number of fighter pilots accounted for a disproportional share of the victory credits. During World War II, the Army Air Forces (AFF) credited 7,306 fighter pilots with 15,799 aerial victories. Just over 9 percent of those were aces, who claimed 34 percent of the total victories.

The same was true in Korea. Of the one thousand or so pilots flying the F-86 during the Korean conflict, the USAF credited 355 pilots with 756.5 victories. Thirty-nine achieved ace status by downing 305.5 enemy aircraft, or in percentage terms, 11 percent of those who got credits. Four percent of the pilots that flew Sabres in the Korean War accounted for 40 percent of the victories.
>>
File: t. al'bret barbosus.png (973 KB, 737x1722) Image search: [Google]
t. al'bret barbosus.png
973 KB, 737x1722
WE
>>
File: rkega2emegtn1bgvarav.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rkega2emegtn1bgvarav.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
What are some good, unique artifacts, loot, or MacGuffins that could be found in Vjun, Castle of the Lord Darth Vader, for a EotE Crew or a FaD group of apprentices?
>>
>>46263330
Padme's unwashed panties.
>>
>>46263330
A Sith holocron would be nice. One that has all the specs and powers in the book, but slowly corrupts the user. Alternatively, you can set up your players with a cursed, intentionally overpowered krayt pearl and watch them as they kill each-other over it.
As a player I'd never try to steal or even touch anything that belonged to a depressive, criminally insane sorceror, but as a GM I'd totally let the players do it.
>>
>>46263330
His old jedi starfighter.
>>
File: BT-1.png (311 KB, 332x606) Image search: [Google]
BT-1.png
311 KB, 332x606
>>46263330
Good quality droids. Ol' skyguy always liked 'em.

And by good quality, I mean, private army of commando droids, assassin droids of all kinds, ASP labor droids modified for lightsaber combat/training, probably droid-brain equipped star-fighters for training and target practice, all ready for the PC's tech guy to reprogram/you to use as adversaries.

Also probably has a healthy collection of war trophies. Nutte Gunray's skull, Jedi temple guard armor (complete with lightsaber cuts), Windu's lightsaber would probably be a particularly important trophy if it was ever recovered, since he was not only Vader's first "Jedi" kill, but also the strongest. Large Holocron collection, jedi, sith, and otherwise.

Ship wise he probably has either an original or a replacement copy of everything he ever flew from the N-1 and onward. Maybe even his old podracer. Think Jay Leno's garage. Some of them are probably pretty tricked out with modification's too, the guy was a tinkerer.

Replacement suits of armor, a battle damaged suit or two. Maybe even a special, heavy version (possibly incomplete, which would explain it's absence from EU)

Could probably come up with more if you need more.
>>
ABOUT SPECIAL MODIFICATIONS

I just got the book and I play online with my group. For ease of play, I will scan it for my GM and the other players.
I'll make a pdf and post it there when it's ready, tomorrow or after tomorrow, maybe sooner, I don't know.
If someone could add it to the mediafire for everyone, it would be nice.
>>
>>46262021

Nah. 4-Lom is good, but not on a small based ship with no turret arc. Remove Talonbane, give Zuckuss Expose, Exp. Interface, Adv Sensors and K4 Security Droid, keep the title. Basically, evade and Expose, then reveal a green maneouver, lose that stress and gain a targetlock.
It clocks in at about 45ish points but it's definitely the best way to go with Zuckuss.

Replace Talonbane with the cheapest of the Special-K fighters and you clock in at 99pts.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!167:20,122,43,-1:28:13:u.144;115:-1,-1:-1:-1:;125:-1,0,-1,-1:-1:-1:;138:-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

A list very similar to this basically ran me off the board last weekend (just replace Zuckuss with Guri basically.) If you want to place 4LOM on Palob you can do, as NOTHING is more depressing as getting a ship Ioned off the table.
>>
File: FFG Vehicle designer.jpg (52 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
FFG Vehicle designer.jpg
52 KB, 500x336
>>46263330
Blossom wine and a bucket of darth tears
>>
>>46263330
Meditation Chamber and advanced Lightsaber droids.
>>
>>46262887
Dude, Jedi still kill.

Go read the Jedi Path.
>>
>>46262887
The Imps that Kyle annihilates by the bucketload were involved in Thrawn's campaigns, the Death Star plans, and the Dark Trooper project. Do you honestly think that none of those motherfuckers knew that they were up to some horrible shit? Besides that, they're military targets. They knew what they signed up for and what the job involved. And if they worked for Thrawn or the Death Star project, they knew that they'd be complicit in genocide. So fuck those guys.

>Implying Kyle didn't go through character development
IIRC, the novelization indicates that he's absolutely fucking horrified when he realizes how far deep he's gone after breaking out some batshit crazy dark side power. As for the "powers are tools, not morality indicators" schtick, I blame that on genuinely bad/inconsistent writing and the fact that Force morality hadn't really been hammered out at the time.
>>
>>46263579
Sweet, thanks man.
>>
>>46263579
you rock anon!
>>
>>46263635
I don't own Advanced Sensors or Expose sadly. I was thinking about moving 4-LOM to Palob for the more accurate Ion Turret, and I'm not sure how often I was going to use the tractor beam anyways.
>>
Do we have a scan of the mass combat rules from Lead By Example yet?
>>
>>46265230

You don't get the title for the Tractor Beam, it's more for the Barrel Roll desu. But if you don't have advanced sensors the impact is lessened.
>>
>>46237387
>Trioculus
>Also Triclops
>>
>>46247066
what do you guys think the stats for this thing will be in xwing?

I think it'll be like an fo with an extra shield, attack, crew slot and a rear firing arc.
>>
>>46265548
There's totally a another three-eyed dude in the series. Jedi Prince is everything you ever imagined
>>
File: aldermoon spy.jpg (58 KB, 736x551) Image search: [Google]
aldermoon spy.jpg
58 KB, 736x551
So I've got a player who wants to come from a hilly jungle like planet (think andes mountains/incan territory) and is really good at wrangling/riding llama like aliens.

Anyone have some suggestions of canon or legends planets/creatures that fit those bills?
>>
File: Cracian_thumper1.jpg (96 KB, 688x384) Image search: [Google]
Cracian_thumper1.jpg
96 KB, 688x384
>>46265895
Not sure about the planet, but Cracian thumpers are probably the critter for you
>>
File: kronk and yzma.jpg (21 KB, 629x354) Image search: [Google]
kronk and yzma.jpg
21 KB, 629x354
>>46265895
>So I've got a player who wants to come from a hilly jungle like planet (think andes mountains/incan territory) and is really good at wrangling/riding llama like aliens.
Oh boy, I see where this is going.
>>
File: Glove_of_Darth_Vader.png (126 KB, 605x406) Image search: [Google]
Glove_of_Darth_Vader.png
126 KB, 605x406
>>46263330
His glove
>>
>>46266063
haha, maybe. He's been described to me so far as a cowpoke with a heart of gold. I think my player just really likes the incan aesthetic, and wants as much of that as he can get.
>>
>>46266154
Has anyone actually done a glove of Darth Vader game? If so, how'd it go?
>>
>>46266785
Tbf the whole story line wasn't quite retarded until they brought in the Jedi prince thing, and the trioculus-leiabot marriage.

For a non-force user it isn't unreasonable to think Vader's glove was magic and that's what let him choke bitches out.

I think you could totally do it, especially if the group wasn't familiar with the story.
>>
>>46265548
There are two three eyed dudes. One has the eye on his head, the other on the back of his head.

The prince of the Jedi is really where the story goes full retard tho
>>
>>46262887

The only jedi without a kill count across his or her stories is Zayne carrick. Jedi kill all the time, life may be sacred but that carries over to defending othera. You people are acting like the stormtroopers and Imperiale were just minding their own business when kyle burst in and executed them without remorse, but they were all valid military targets participating in a campaign to destroy the jedi and the new republic.
>>
>>46267457
>It's not like your just murdering clones or droids
It's b8 m8. Some of the best b8 ever deployed around here, but b8 nonetheless
>>
File: jedi prince.jpg (326 KB, 1200x450) Image search: [Google]
jedi prince.jpg
326 KB, 1200x450
>>46267183
But the retardation is what makes Jedi Prince so goddamn fun.
>>
>>46267457
>The only jedi without a kill count across his or her stories is Zayne carrick.

God. Thanks for reminding me how great that entire comic was. Now I have to go back and reread it.
>>
>>46267594
>assassination
>it's only evil when the other guy does it!
>>
File: LIGHTSABER KNEES.jpg (178 KB, 483x516) Image search: [Google]
LIGHTSABER KNEES.jpg
178 KB, 483x516
>>46268781
There comes a point when something is so goofy, so outrageous, so utterly retarded that it is exempt from moral judgment. Laser Leia is one of those things.
>>
File: DP Ren.gif (5 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
DP Ren.gif
5 MB, 350x197
>>46244476
I had considered the resistance/first order setup a flaw until you brought that up. Thanks, anon!
>>
Anyone have pictures of the TIE Advanced Prototype from the rear? Trying to figure out where to pain the engines for the FFG model. Hoping they didn't just not model them on like they did with the Defender and the x1s lower engines.
>>
File: gathering-forces-1_4adc4d15.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gathering-forces-1_4adc4d15.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
>>46270504
The V1? It doesn't seem to have visible engine glow.
>>
>>46270608
Damn. That is really strange...
>>
Just watched the latest episode of Rebels. Somehow i got a really strong Sabine/Rex vibe from it. And let's just say she's not looking for a father figure in him.
>>
>>46271505
>Sabine/Rex
Would that ship just be called "sex?"
>>
File: 1458571619657.jpg (79 KB, 510x484) Image search: [Google]
1458571619657.jpg
79 KB, 510x484
>>46271505
>mfw
I hope you've just got your shipping goggles on too tight, because that's some nasty ship right there
>>
>>46272271
I didn't think about that, but i guess that confirms it. Sabine & Rex are gonna do some nasty shit

>>46272332
>that's some nasty ship right there
And it's still one of the more vanilla ships i've seen through about when it comes to star wars
>>
>>46272478
Aaaand i cannot into language right now apparently.

>And it's still one of the more vanilla ships i've seen through about when it comes to star wars
meant to say
>And it's still one of the more vanilla ships i've seen thrown around when it comes to star wars
>>
>>46272547
>And it's still one of the more vanilla ships i've seen thrown around when it comes to star wars
Really? 80% of what I see is the most vanilla shit and the majority rest is generic dumb teenager ships (kylo/Rey ect.). The genuinely fuckey stuff is maybe 5% of fanfic (though I can't speak to what's discussed on /co/ or /aco )
>>
File: 00.16.52.jpg (78 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
00.16.52.jpg
78 KB, 1920x800
Do you think there will ever be a faithful modern incarnation of X-Wing VS Tie Fighter?
>>
>>46271505
All I got was its a bad idea to join Phoenix Sqn.
>Get killed flying a spess volkswagen in the air
>Get murdered by spess spiders on the ground

Fuck that.
>>
File: 1458855016560.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1458855016560.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>46273425
>modern incarnation
>faithful
Remember what EA and DICE did to Battlefront?
>>
>>46273425

You would think if anything could revitalize the dogfighting genre, it'd be Star Wars.
>>
>>46273425
If you mean something like 'don't touch the mechanics at all, just make everything prettier', no. If a remake/remaster/whatever happens, it will absolutely change stuff, how much it ends up changed, who knows.
>>
File: strangereal is back.jpg (42 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
strangereal is back.jpg
42 KB, 960x720
>>46273584
Give Scamco a few years, maybe.
>>
File: 1455160766442.jpg (142 KB, 441x659) Image search: [Google]
1455160766442.jpg
142 KB, 441x659
>>46246361
So what did you mean to say?
>>
There are two ships I always use in my tournament lists:
>Poe Dameron (31)
>>Veteran Instincts (1)
>>R2-D2 (4)
>>Integrated Astromech (0)

>Corran Horn (35)
>>Push the Limit (3)
>>BB-8 (2)
>>Fire Control System (2)
With 22 points left over, which of these is the better third ship?
>Airen Cracken (19)
>>Wingman (2)

>Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
>>
File: 1452118594448.jpg (61 KB, 964x644) Image search: [Google]
1452118594448.jpg
61 KB, 964x644
>>46263330
Obi-Wan's Lightsaber. I think this was in one of the books too.
>>
>>46259547
Definitely meant Tavion
>>
>>46240932
>>46241120
There's one that cameos at the front of the Resistance group as Rey and Chewie are taking off to go find Luke at the end of Ep VII.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 480x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 480x575
>>46275169
Tarsunt.
>>
File: Manny Both Hanz.jpg (454 KB, 1200x1877) Image search: [Google]
Manny Both Hanz.jpg
454 KB, 1200x1877
>>46240932
>>46245012

You misunderstand.

Manuel "Manny" Both-Hanz died to bring us this information.
>>
Other than niggas in crab armor and voxyn, what are some good Yuuzhan Vong opponents for a (Warhammer 40k) Space Marine Deathwatch Killteam?
>>
>>46275998
Interestingly, Tarsunt (the planet) is in Bothan Space (in legends anyway).
>>
>>46277325
Vongerella ;^)
>>
>>46237387
Why are the Prophets sparkling?
>>
>>46266154
I was thinking about suggesting that, but I realized it wouldn't make sense. Why would the Glove Vader was wearing end up back on Vjun?
>>
>>46279550
Dark Side
>>
>>46273425
Have you not played Rebel Strike?

Admittedly, it's over a decade old but it's still damn good.
>>
>>46279676
It's his spare glove
>>
>>46279741
Of course I have! But since joystick oriented spacefighter games are making a gentle comeback I figure it wouldn't be that far of a stretch for a game that made use of modern tech.
>>
>Continuing my X-Wing read through

I'm impressed with how maturely Corran handled the Thyferran Chick's advances.

And it looks like Salm is just a stickler for regulations rather than a complete cock.
>>
Are the X-Wing Comics what happened before the books?
>>
File: stone cold beer.jpg (87 KB, 955x537) Image search: [Google]
stone cold beer.jpg
87 KB, 955x537
>>46279826
Stone Cold Horton Salm led a Y-wing squadron through Endor, lived, then went on to land the stunning shot during the capture of Baron Fel. The man knows his Y-fu like no other.
>>
>>46277325
They had tanks that created mini black holes to absorb incoming hits, so you would have all these black holes popping in and out of existence around the tank as it soaked up heavy fire and missles. The trick ended up being that the creature that was creating the black holes for the tank would get tired after making a lot of them, so the best way was to use varying strength laser fire patterns because this thing could think, and it would prioritize incoming fire so you had to overwhelm/confuse it. Basically you just had to light it up, it would eat a lot of shots but it couldn't absorb everything so you just had to light it up and hope it wiffed a few of the stronger shots.

I'd probably stat it as a force field with the overload quality. Maybe limit the number of shots its can use per turn.

And honestly I've forgotten how this thing looked, moved, what kind of weapons it had - but FUCK if that wasn't an awesome shield system.
>>
>>46279550

It's their robes.

They're made of some sort of cloth that makes them look like space.
>>
How does the name "The Semberleen Talon" sound for the party's new ship? A YT-2400.
>>
>>46280070

It's not a matter of overwhelming the dovin basals with sheer volume of fire. The New Republic developed "stutter-fire" laser cannons that fired in unpredictable rhythms. Since the dovin basals built into the vehicles were creating small black holes, they couldn't keep them up for more than an instant or the black hole would start sucking in the vehicle itself. With an unpredictable rate of fire, as though the laser cannon is stuttering, the dovin basals struggle more with the timing, and it becomes easier to make them slip up, letting your shots get through.
>>
>>46280392
That is exactly it - was attempting to articulate that but apparently failed.
>>
File: brutal.jpg (32 KB, 597x351) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
32 KB, 597x351
Working on a KOTOR-era campaign that starts on the eve of the Mandalorian Wars. Is it accurate to say that every single description of Mandalorian combat should sound like it came straight from a heavy metal album cover or Norse saga?
>>
>>46282001
that or from the kiwi's
>>
>>46282001
> Mandalorian Chaplain of the Gods rides in with the whole death-squad
> Said Chaplain starts literally foaming at the mouth as he prepares to give a speech
> Blaster fire is going off around everyone and everything with explosions going off everywhere. The nearby mandalorians are chomping down shrooms.
> "BROTHERS, THE MARK OF THE VALKYRIES HAVE WITNESSED YOU ALL. MAY YOUR GLORIES SEE YOU THROUGH TO VALHALLA"
> Suddenly the Mandalorians all get up and fucking charge screaming bloody murder at a defensive position manned by jedi and troopers
> They cut down all of the defenders to the last man with swords, while losing 90% of their men.
> The Mandalorians who die don't even fall, they continue striding through blaster fire with multiple holes in their bodies, the rage has taken them, and they will not fall until they have tasted blood.
>>
File: chaplain.jpg (41 KB, 1120x816) Image search: [Google]
chaplain.jpg
41 KB, 1120x816
>>46282125
>chaplain
I AM THE MANDALORE'S WILL MADE MANIFEST
>>
>>46282125
BATTLE BROTHERS
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.