[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think would happen if the Galactic Republic was in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
File: Venators.jpg (57 KB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
Venators.jpg
57 KB, 800x432
What do you think would happen if the Galactic Republic was in the 40k universe?
>>
>>46236983
The Imperium of Man with no Space Marines, Fantasy Races injected into Sci-Fi, or external threats? Sounds boring. Like incest psyker-family drama wreaking the galaxy boring.
>>
Hey look its this tread again.
>>
File: blood axes.jpg (202 KB, 997x801) Image search: [Google]
blood axes.jpg
202 KB, 997x801
Torn to shreds by the myriad of hyper aggressive species, organizations, and factions that hate themselves and what they've become a lot, but hate everyone that isn't them even more.
>>
>>46236983
They'd get ripped apart as a far weaker faction than even the Tau. The only thing the Republic/Galactic Empire has going for it is their size, which will be torn to pieces swiftly.
>>
>>46236983
>No military
>Loses its shit when 10.000 worlds bail out
>Land battle formations straight out of the napoleonic wars
They get wrecked.

>but muh neutronium
Off-screen claims don't count.
>>
>>46236983
Everything carries on as normal for all parties involved, because the Galactic Republic existed a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
>>
>>46236983
Oh man, this thread again. I wonder if it will end like every other iteration of this thread.
>>
They'd probably do pretty well for themselves.

Due to the fact that unlike seemingly every other faction, they don't immediately execute you for eating a slice of ham you're not entitled to, they don't exterminate entire planets because their government rebels, they give representation to all incorporated worlds, etc.
They're like a Tau empire that people would want to join, its like dumping a Revolutionary France in the middle of a sea of Assyrias.
>>
>>46237431
Except they'll get raped by Chaos, Orks, and 'nids.
>>
>>46237576
bullshit orks don't have penises
>>
>>46236983
Republic getting pwn3d by LOLCHAOS
>>
>>46239635
To be fair, The only thing keeping clone troops in line are the chips and even then clone troops could become chaos troops because they have a certain degree of freedom.
>>
>>46236983
Considering that it would exist a long time ago (so at least 39k years before 40k) and in another galaxy far, far away...

Nothing would change in the slightest
>>
>>46239988
Chaos gods don't even extend outside of the milky way.
>>
>>46236983
wasn't like "a million" clones a huge deal in the ATOC ? Granted I presume they perhaps made several millions over time.... but we're talking a drop in ocean type numbers here.
>>
>>46236983
XENOS! XENOS AND ABOMINABLE INTELLIGENCES EVERYWHERE!

Also, jedis would have fun times when attempting to tap into warp instead of force

..I suppose that R2D2 and C3P0 would make rather crappy possessed AIs.
>>
The Imperium gets a half-decent FTL drive, I guess.
>>
>>46237258
>They'd get ripped apart as a far weaker faction than even the Tau.

Not...really? I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that the TAU would be better off than Galactic Empire.
>>
>>46240150
Tau space ships are far more powerful than star wars ships, same with their space stations. The only thing slightly remarkable in Star Wars is the Death Star, and that's just because it's another respectable battlestation that already exist like a dime a dozen. Hell Tau build bigger things than Death Stars.

Plus Tau fight at longer ranges with more powerful weapons in space than the Republic or GE.
>>
>>46236983

They'd get curbstomped into the fucking dirt.
>>
>>46240150
Anything in 40k would do better than "dogfights in space"
>>
>>46236983
Subjugation or destruction by any major faction
>>
>>46236983
I hate these threads. We're not going to write your shitty Fanfiction for you asshole.
>>
>>46236983
Anakin Skywalker kills the entire 40k Universe.

It doesn't matter how OP and Grimdark 40K is. It all falls apart when confronted with a character that actually MATTERS.

It's like the Spartan vs. Space Marine debate. Sure, the SM's have better stats, but the Master Chief would still kill all of them in a straight up fight.
>>
The republic gets torn apart from the inside out by chaos cults. Look what palpating was able to do, now imagine dozens of tzeentch worshipers just as smart if not more, corrupting the government and weakening them before and invasion
>>
>>46240740
>the sith get out-sithed by heretics
>>
>>46237329
Underrated post.
>>
Anakin is one of the lost primarchs.
>>
File: 1453338852162.png (173 KB, 1093x532) Image search: [Google]
1453338852162.png
173 KB, 1093x532
>>46236983
disappointed no one posted yet
>>
>>46240866
No wonder the Emperor disowned him.
>>
Yeah, what a galaxy spanning organization that can literally produce quintillion of battle robots per year would do about a bunch of savages with axes. Newsflash, ork worlds would be overwhelmed one by one, sterilized because SW actually understands how technology works and has advanced genetic science, Tau Empire occupied and leadership tried for war crimes, Necrons simply blockaded and ignored. Speaking of Necrons, that impossibly advanced Gauss weaponry IoM can't replicate? It's cheap as shit thug saturday night special in SW galaxy:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DX-2_disruptor_pistol

MFW butthurt WHfags cling to 'million' clones without noticing movie actually said 'million units', that is, whole battalions. That is recruitment rate several times larger than IoM ever did, with best possible human material, not some rubbish refuse from feral worlds, all equipped better than IoM Tempestus. Yeah, literally insignificant :D
>>
>>46241126
This.
>>
>>46240866
Shit. That AT-ST/Dreadnought combo actually works pretty well. I want one.
>>
>>46240169
10/10 I thought you were serious at first.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>46240706
>Anakin Skywalker
>A character that matters

Pick one
>>
A billion screams called out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
>>
>>46240866
>66
Woooooah.
>>
>>46241267
Agreed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8
>>
>>46237329
You clever little shit.
>>
>>46240866
Warhammer 40k > Star Wars
>>
File: 1298926387869.jpg (554 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1298926387869.jpg
554 KB, 1280x1024
>>46241126
I don't wanna be that guy anon, but..
>Muh tyranids
>Muh undisciplined and unfaithful clones
>>
>>46240198
You must not know bout them super stardestroyers
>>
>>46236983
Well, their FTL is better than everyone else's, at least, at least as long as hyperspace beacons are assumed to come along for the ride as well.

Might work better if you draw a line through the center of the Milky Way, say that everything on one side is the Imperium, and everything on the other is replaced by the Republic. I think to do that while keeping Holy Terra would require angling the line in such a way that the Imperium gets to "keep" Cadia and the Eye of Terror, but it "loses" the Tau. Maybe, it's been awhile since I looked at the 40K map.

>>46240169
> and that's just because it's another respectable battlestation

No, I've thought long and hard on this one, and I've come to the conclusion that the one million Imperial-II Star Destroyers that could have been built with the same resources that went into the Death Star would have served the Empire better than the Death Star.

The Death Star, after all, was primarily meant to be a weapon of terror, something so powerful that no one would dare challenge it. It failed utterly in that regard, because each time one was built the Rebellion through literally everything they had available at it.

>>46239635
I dunno. They don't have much of the Excess that Slaanesh likes, the disease or despair that Nurgle likes, the conniving backstabbing and fruitless hope that Tzeentch likes, or the bloodlust that Khorne likes.

I'm pretty sure Chaos' hold there would be pretty weak, at least at first.

>>46240076
>Also, jedis would have fun times when attempting to tap into warp instead of force

This presumes that the Warp would replace the Force. I don't actually see why that would happen, though, given that we know what the Force is created by (even if we don't like it), and it has nothing to do with the Warp.
>>
>>46241550
Such is the price for failure to meet the Emperor's tithe. A billion fresh men and women will be brought from Hive Assblastus to replace the liquidized workforce.

Pleas be sure to inform the Administratum our tithe will now be ready upon their arrival.
>>
>>46236983
A lawsuit
>>
File: 1453908941473.jpg (47 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1453908941473.jpg
47 KB, 625x626
>>46240706
>>
>>46240706
...you REALLY want to enter a Mary-sue off with 40K?
>>
>>46240026
Those numbers are about as valid as the Land Raider armor specs from Chapter Approved.
>>
>>46236983
Y'know, I think I will have my Deathwatch group fight the Yuuzhan Vong this Sunday.
>>
>>46247070
That sounds rad actually.
>>
>>46240952
Everyone forgets that the only reason the A-Wing brought down the SSD was because the bridge shields were knocked out.

40k ships would just slam into the shields and flatten themselves while the smug British officers get even smugger.
>>
>>46248712
yeah - they lost their bridge shields because ANOTHER snub fighter fired a couple laser shots at a scanner dome, which blew up and apparently chain-reactioned the shields down. Big tough supa sta destroya, indeed.
Don't even need a strike cruiser to take that useless ship out.
>>
>>46242200

40k ships have weapons yields in the peta-tons for single shots from their guns. SW gun yields are in the kiloton-megaton range.

40k ships can fight at multiple AU of range. SW ships have never once engaged in BVR combat.

The galactic empire's navy consists of 25,000 ISDs, and the republic was puny in military terms compared to the GE. The IOM launched the great crusade with hundreds of thousands of warships, the smallest and puniest of which are the size of an ISD.

Everything star wars does, 40k does bigger, better, and killier.
>>
>>46240706
Riiiiiight, because no one in the 40k 'verse has plot armor.
>>
>>46237329
/thread
>>
>>46251393
>you really can't compare sci-fi authors number dumps, the only way to compare is to see how shit interacts in universe
>>
File: 1317278020391.gif (679 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1317278020391.gif
679 KB, 200x199
>>46236983
>OP Posting best Star destroyer
My Nigga
>>
>>46241126
>Speaking of Necrons, that impossibly advanced Gauss weaponry IoM can't replicate? It's cheap as shit thug saturday night special in SW galaxy:
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DX-2_disruptor_pistol
Gauss flayers are the 'cron version of the lasrifle, it's cheap shit. You have to remember the 'crons have for all intents and purposes finished science.
It's canon that they've barely revealed any of the really impressive stuff they have, and they've already shown off the world engine. That means that a planet sized ship capable of compleatly wiping all life off a planet isn't even the most impressive thing the necrons have.

The puny and weak galactic republic MIGHT be able to beat the IoM, but the 'crons are on another level entirely.
>>
>>46236983
>jedis have psyker powers without any ties to the warp
This is important
>Ridiculous production of units and actual AI
this is also important
>Massive superweapons, with the dumb as fuck weaknesses¨
This is very important
>based as fuck corruption to the dark side of the force
>add the corruption of chaos on top of this
Really, it is good those jedi are trained to be emotionless, but the fucking dark jedi man, all those festering emotions, all the darths and siths will immediately become too powerful and destroy the entire universe.
>>
>>46257647
last time I checked, most darths and siths aren't part of the galactic republic.
>>
>>46257775
last time I checked, the galactic republic birthed evil palpatine and anakin skywalker
so it is fucked, corruption always
>>
File: starwars & 40k.png (5 KB, 742x119) Image search: [Google]
starwars & 40k.png
5 KB, 742x119
>>46236983
>>
>>46257875
but chaos always wins, and then it loses because it won.
>>
>>46257875
>Stormtrooper beat guard
>Jedi beat space marines

>Star Wars winning in space when even 40k does space battles at ranges other than knifefight.

That said Star Wars does win in FTL speed.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 284x177
Better question; this guy shows up in 40k; how long can the Imperium survive before being converted into raw energy and fabricated into more robots?
>>
>>46236983
Saitama would one punch the galactic republic,
then one punch the galaxy
>>
>>46236983
Rather than regurgitating the usual argument of Imperium vs Empire I'm curious how other factions like the Eldar would hold up.

Farseers may be able to hold their own against Jedi and the aspect warriors would demolish conventional forces be they imperials or rebels provided the numerical difference wasn't overwhelming.

Tyranid hive fleets would probably blow them the fuck out though.
>>
>>46241317
I am. Tau ships are now able to give fight to Imperium battleships as of the latest campaign books, and the 6th Edition Codex for the Tau Empire states they build space stations the size of continents.
>>
>>46257956
about ten minutes.

unless they figure out they can just snipe the one commander in charge of the whole army.
>>
>>46258150
> Some Craftworld somehow managed to escape the 40k galaxy and end up in starwars verse.
It looks like a more manageable premiss, if fanfic tier.
Still doesn't solve the Force/warp shit though.
I would go for "the warp is a really intense and really really fucked up Force", but that's just me.
>>
>>46241126
1) None of what you posted about is canon.

2) No, Kaminoan Units mean individuals. There was only three million clones at the start of the war, buffered further by a couple more million. And there were no quintillion battle droids, like all of Traviss' dogshit, it was rendered noncanon.

I love it how assmad Warsies can't even into Star Wars. It's downright pathetic.

>>46242730
That wouldn't be worth much at all as ISD's are incredibly shitty ships. Their yields are in the megatons, their shields are godawful, and they fight at close range and cannot engage at distances like 40k ships, where engagements are measured in hundreds of thousands of kilometers, not hundreds.

>>46242730
>I dunno. They don't have much of the Excess that Slaanesh likes, the disease or despair that Nurgle likes, the conniving backstabbing and fruitless hope that Tzeentch likes, or the bloodlust that Khorne likes.

They don't need any of that. Chaos can corrupt them regardless as having simple angry thoughts can lead to a Bloodletter spawning into the materium. You also need faith to protect your soul- without faith in the Emperor or protection used by the Eldar such as tears of isha, you're completely vulnerable. Plus a Nurgle disease can be introduced and literally spread memetically.
>>
>>46258281
>implying he won't tile the entire sector he's in with heavy shield generators within a month
>>
>>46251393
>40k ships can fight at multiple AU of range. SW ships have never once engaged in BVR combat.

That's because long distance space combat would be boring as fuck in a movie
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.