[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Character sharing thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 18
File: 1457983607626.jpg (116 KB, 710x947) Image search: [Google]
1457983607626.jpg
116 KB, 710x947
What's your current character like? Race, class, personality, etc.
>>
>>46236516
like that, but with less scales and more skin. At the moment.

Think like, minor barbarian hero; 1/2 Mongol, 1/3rd viking, 1/6th scottish highlander. Tools around, adventures, is a badass. Then goes roaming into distant china and finds out she's a scion of a major noble house and has a legendary birthright as one of those 'civilized' and 'settled' people she's spent her whole life looking down on. Oh, and her mother is alive.

It's a trip, she doesn't know what to think about it all, refuses to stop acting like a barbarian, and most of the civilized folk think she's just insane. Pretty sweet though and a real blast.
>>
>>46236516
>Character thread
>First pic is already edgy as fuck
Jesus christ.
>>
File: ibuki oread.png (167 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
ibuki oread.png
167 KB, 346x346
Oread Monk that I'm honestly having a bit of a hard time figuring out. Basically, she was raised in a monastery atop a mountain and after a while decided to go on a quest to look for the best mountain views she could find. The intention is to make her comically plain. She doesn't like fancy food, prefers sleeping on stone to a soft bed, and that sort of thing. Not wanting much, she tends to casually shell out her money to whoever she comes across, paying for strangers' drinks and such. She also takes all jokes seriously.
>>
>>46237687
I'd fug it.
>>
>>46237687
Looks like a neat enemy to fight tho. I'd hit it.
>>
File: StarterPack.jpg (46 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
StarterPack.jpg
46 KB, 600x600
She's a 15 year old girl who replants weeds in paper cups so that they won't be killed and won't throw out her stuffed animals because she doesn't want to hurt their feelings.

As for the rest of her personality, pic related
>>
Wood Elf not-Vegeta Fighter. Is he fucking hot? Yes. Is he a dick? Yes. Do you love him for it? Yes.
>>
why the hell does everyone on this godamned board make edgy as hell characters that are mary/gary stu as all hell
>>
Aasimar witch who was supposed to be sacrificed by a witch coven but ended up stabbing the leader to death and taking over. Turns out they were waiting for some immortal witch god with mastery over time.

>Basically be a fabulous bastard everywhere.
>Slightly break a pocket dimension meant to trap a mega witch.
>Hit on LOTS of people
>Basically behave like a bard
>Think blond trap Bayonetta and you're basically spot on
>Seriously, I tried to seduce a gold dragon into a homosexual quicky
>Like three times
>And his mate (was kind a dragon MILF thing at that point)
>And his daughter (think she was into it but mommy and daddy weren't having any of it)
>So glad he hasn't eaten me yet

So basically, I get guidance from myself elsewhere in the timeline. There's definitely at least one possible version of me which is a god and I'm sorta taking orders from him to try to save the world. Also I'm supposed to be evil but after saving extradimensional prisoners in a seven year time sink that the other players weren't part of I'm kinda turning good.
>>
>>46237939
What are her combat abilities?
>>
>>46238868
She doesn't have any.
She can communicate with everything in existence though.
>>
>Pathfinder.
>Tiefling.
>Wizard.
>16 Years old.
>20 Int. Basically a prodigy.
>Minecraft levels of Autism.
>Shy little fucker.
>Not edgy in the slightest.
>Basically Azazel from Binding of Isaac.
>>
File: archon counterspelling.png (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
archon counterspelling.png
8 KB, 200x200
A warforged sorcerer who was originally created by the antagonists of the campaign, but then rewrote his directive after being forced to kill an entire village full of unarmed people.

Now he serves as a drypan source of comedic relief as well as the group's super-weapon for removing fools and counterspelling motherfuckers who think they can fireball the group.
>>
>>46238884
That's so fucking broken
>>
File: image.png (293 KB, 1194x2176) Image search: [Google]
image.png
293 KB, 1194x2176
>>46236516
I've got 3.

Was-Cutta. Ork Kommando and senior officer aboard the cutters bride. He deals with all the hard problems his big red boss has. Like attaching 35 kilo's of Det packs, Det tape, and every Iran grenade the party had to his magnetized grapnel, and hitting the back of the dreadnaughts torso when it was fighting the chaos demon.

Took out the demon too, and every cultist within 35m!

He's the nob with the plan, whips the humiez into line and accidentally sired a grot dynasty that's infested the underbelly of the ship. (Producing the littlest mech-grot)

Most recently hopped into an archaeotech lifter armour that had been orkified, partially deorkified, then deorkified with an added touch of eldar doom crystal. He the. Proceeded to slap the shit out of a 60m long "acid slug" (daemon) which was a death worlds embodiment of fear.

He's making armour out of next session of the deldar his boss challenged to a hunt doesn't back stab them more.
>>
>>46238952
I mean, she's gotta be in speaking range to do it.
>>
>>46238998
krak grenade, not Iran grenade.

Also the power lifter armour was orkified, partially deorkified, reorkified with added (?d)eldar doom crystals that passively tear the veil in a huge radius around them.

My second character is a mess.

A ruined academic, he gave up wizardry after he had his confidence shattered by the death of several pupils while teaching defense against the dark arts

He took up the banner of sarenae after being taken into their cloisters by a high ranking priest. Taking succour in their library and eventually ... Fuck me even I'm bored by this character. Ugh. DM requested I play someone who can follow the bread crumbs. He's going nutty because we keep losing party members. On the verge of swearing off sarenae and going full arcane derp.

Third character is a 40k space marine in pathfinder with a power sword. Haven't chose chaos or loyalist yet, or the chapter. He worships Gorum as his spiritual liege in battle and is a half giant Titan mauler 9/Champion tier 3
>>
>Liverpudlian Politician/Elder Godling in World of Darkness
>Basically runs Liverpool from the shadows, part of a long line/ancient conspiracy, the latest in a long line of living gods going back all the way to pre-history
>Hereditary Peerage in the House of Lords
>Richer than the Royal Mint
>Has managed to turn Liverpool into a spot of light in the god damn World of Darkness of all places (Born in the 70s-80s, so he's managed to turn it around from everything is fucked: the city, to one of the Cultural capitals of Europe, so on)
>No other predator species in the city basically, even the local vampire court is basically 3 Chavs living out of a warehouse who dedicate their power to avoiding him
>On the other hand has to deal with his evil urges, being an elder god
>Also the whole family are bugshit insane and a good 80% of them were evil as fuck
>Ancestral manor house is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, because ancestors kept adding to it and creating more guards only to not leave warning for the next guy
>Liverpool is dotted with relics of the mad plans of those that came before him and oh christ there's a bunch of undead black guys living in the Estuary! Why did anyone think turning slaves into zombies was a good idea.
>And the cult is dysfunctional as hell and has a very opinionated idea on what their god should be like
>Just one more in a long line of dark gods of Merseyside
Basically I'm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlRBzoKN4NY but the thing under the house is Grandpa.
>>
>>46236516
Pic related.
>Human
>Makashi Duelist/Charmer
>Effectively a younger more outgoing, civic minded, extra hedonistic Dude in the age of rebellion.
>etc.
The party face/best liar/most charming member of the party consisting of a murder-droid, an alcoholic ship thief, and a disgraced imperial scientist on the run. Will cower behind total cover as soon as the murder-droid gets tired of talking, is useless in every form of combat except very risky melee combat, and he relieves party stress with positive vibes.
>>
File: download.jpg (55 KB, 600x795) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
55 KB, 600x795
>Human
>Former Diletantte, now a Vernean Investigator
>He's a nice guy but unintentionally condescending

He's been accused of being a "fake communism" playwright known as "The Prince of Whispers." He isn't on board with this shit so he's trying out who framed him and why. He's the youngest child and son in a minor noble house so he isn't even inheriting anything from his father. Also last session he unintentionally woo'd a naiad and received a "Gift of the Naiad" at the very end of the session.
>>
File: olya-bossak-dtujdt.jpg (197 KB, 1212x2284) Image search: [Google]
olya-bossak-dtujdt.jpg
197 KB, 1212x2284
More of a momentary BBEG

This character was the mysterious matriarch of a cult that dwelled in the wilderness beyond a somewhat large village. The village contained a sizeable monastery.

A ton of shenanigans I won't explain here happens, and the local religious folk begin to think that a local girl is pregnant with the progeny of their god, so they bring her into the monastery, and treat her with all kindness until the day of her birth.

During the birthing, all that comes out is mangled parts and disgusting half-made things like human teeth and bones. The priests are horrified, and attempt to kill her, as the clerics and paladins scatter to the town, she managed to covertly escape.

She later reappears, heading a cult to her misborn child, and leading an army of mutants against the town.
>>
>>46239450
Uhm... are you in the wrong thread, anon?
>>
>>46236516
> Name:
Arthur FitzHenry
> Race:
Human
> Personality
Is a little smarter than his fellow militia men, though he cannot read or write. Pretty content with his lot in life, not looking for much just food in his belly and a place to sleep.

Arthur is the eldest son of a peasant farmer. He's a Militia man for the Earl of Norwall. Currently transporting a caravan full of grain and prisoners from a small farming village to the town of Herbetar.

Its going well, I get a steady pay of 4 silver pieces a month and ill be getting 50 silver pieces when this caravan arrives safely. The peasants warned us of bandit activity on these roads, so our lord had sent us; a detachment of 10 militia men (armed with shield and pike) and his young Squire Eamon Ketter.
>>
File: traytor.jpg (218 KB, 784x904) Image search: [Google]
traytor.jpg
218 KB, 784x904
>>46238925
>rewrote his directive after being forced to kill an entire village full of unarmed people.
>>
File: Waiting.gif (598 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
Waiting.gif
598 KB, 500x359
>>46236516
Human fighter who I'm planning to make a Duelist in the future, he's a minor member of an Ustalavian noble family who decided to ask for an early inheritance in the form of high-quality equipment and enough money to start an adventuring career. I'm hoping to figure him out more as the game he was in went on.

...Except it's been a month since we've first played, and I haven't gotten any contact about later games. Not out of the norm for my DM, but pretty annoying.
>>
File: criussword2.png (1 MB, 1152x1516) Image search: [Google]
criussword2.png
1 MB, 1152x1516
Dragonborn Paladin with the oath of vengeance. His alignment slightly altered to chaotic neutral after an encounter with Sseth, hence some alterations. I don't have much to say because it's 6am.
>>
>>46238998
huh?
>>
>>46240598
I have a Dragonborn too, but on almost the opposite end of the scale.

Cleric of Olidammara, who is a regular innkeep in a very imaginatively named inn, the Green Dragon. He likes to write poetry, and exchanges mails with many poets in verse. He's a big softie with a flair for the dramatic, and a very repressed wish for high adventure.
>>
>>46236516

Ex-Jedi Guardian who narrowly survived Order 66, went into hiding around the galaxy before being found by other Jedi.

They were all killed and he escaped to Nar Shaddaa, where he spent the next decade as a bartender. Roped into shenanigans with the party due to some Hutt interference.

He blames himself for the death of another party member, and is starting to fall for a Twi'lek doctor/ex-slave. She's always patching him up as he fights very defensively and always tries to keep people alive.

Made fast friendship with the party pilot and bounty hunter, while having some friction with a dark-side leaning Force Sensitive who has just joined the crew.
>>
>>46240943
>>46240943
My other current character:
>Half-elf, born to a peasant girl and an elven scout from the aggressively expanding elf empire to the east of our setting's "home country"
>Mother and father get stoned and executed for treachery respectively, little half-elf escapes border city at age 8, using his nimble and lithe feet and propensity for climbing and hiding
>Dragonborn community finds him trying to steal from them to get by, motherly leader adopts instead of punishment
>Demon-face assassin traveling through notices the boy, his natural aptitude, and decides to take him as an unwilling apprentice through honeyed words and a handful of golden coins
>Demon-faces are an assassin organization who are only known to a handful of people - their hatred of Tieflings led them to a bizarre ritual where initiates find and skin a Tiefling's face and graft it to their own, gaining a magical ability to change their faces between its natural state and the grafted-on
>Little half-elf is brutally broken into servitude, gaining innumberable scars, his life is about killing and learning to kill
>But he finds a book with fairy tales, and keeps it hidden to nourish his soul, adopting a name from one of its heroes, becoming Corviran
>Eventually, at about 20 years old, he gains enough courage and resources to lure his master into a trap, killing him
>Starts accepting independent contracts, not quite ready to stray away from what he knows
>One independent contract was on the other two characters, when I was the GM (we occasionally switch GMing duties, and I already had a character but killed him off in my round because I grew attached to this assassin NPC after the following happened:)
>The two others eventually confront Corviran and beat him - but they don't kill him, instead deciding to talk to him about the benefits of choosing to do good (this is where I decided he would be my new character).
>He gets thrown out of the city with a mission from Sigismund: (cont)
>>
>>46236516
Baller halfling cavalier who rides around his wolf, impaling goblins and one-shotting bosses.
>>
>>46241035
>Try to learn the ways of life and stay away from killing, explore beauty and altruism
>Corviran starts doing this by going about in small villages, accepting menial tasks, literally shoveling shit and all that
>Later on, the party finds him, and now he wants to join them in adventuring, remembering just how exciting Sir Corviran's adventures were in that book
>Since then, they became fast friends, Corviran donated thousands of platinum pieces for good causes, they battled evil dragons together, Cor found love and a new aim in life, became a Fey Patron Warlock, went on a perilous quest to make his lover, the sprite he had summoned, permanently mortal
>Now he's known as a hero, a jester, and a very quirky but dependable man
>>
>>46236516
God
I'm the GM
>>
File: 1438739647699.png (485 KB, 600x738) Image search: [Google]
1438739647699.png
485 KB, 600x738
Shes a half elf Paladin of The Red Knight who wants to become the greatest strategist in the land by following The Red Knights teachings.
>>
>Small mechanical crab of great potential
>Assembles and forcefully interfaces with any other similar machines
>Can control machines of sizes hundreds of times it's own weight
>Was created to be an add-on for the setting's construction vehicle to run simple programs, then the civilization was appocolypse'd
>Long time wandering through the regrowing jungles, watching as the world decayed, then regrew, then rebuilt in fragments
>found by current party. Hard time communicating and understanding them, but is helping them for it's own amusement and beliefs that maybe they can restore what should be; a truer civilization of beautiful works
>Responsible for at least two dungeons that the party hasn't found yet

GM thought the idea was fun, and it fits the "Swords-and-sorcery-with-ancient-high-technology" scene
>>
>>46240818
Yes?
>>
>>46239068
I had a character who did that too, except his range of communication was a 3 mile radius. Didn't know how powerful it was until I convinced an awful lot of sealife to kill my enemies for me.
>>
>Adopted half elf rogue
>Very kind, sympathetic, always tries to solve conflicts peacefully and do what's right
>Finds out his real father is a famous adventurer
>Leaves home to adventure with his friends like his father,also find his parents
>Not long after adventure starts, things spiral downhill fast
>Half his friends dead, his hometown destroyed with most people dead
>Gets chased out of his hometown despite the fact that he saved them
>Continues adventuring, now with a mostly new party full of edgy lolrandumb characters who torment the shit out of the rogue with their retardedness
>Doesn't matter, finds his father
>Father is a selfish deadbeat who threatened to shoot him shortly after meeting
>Rogue continues his journey, fueled by his determination to find his mother and get revenge on a party member who betrays the group to become BBEG
>Eventually meets elf queen and fucks her
>Turns out elf queen is his mother
>He's a motherfucker
>Also she betrays her son by marrying ex-party BBEG
>Rogue went from friendly, peaceful and virtuous to bitter, angry and hateful
>Goes back to his hometown and forcefully takes control, shaping the weak citizens into /fit/ military power
>Plans on taking control of surrounding towns and settlements, slowly enlarging his army to crush BBEG and rule the land with a cruel, diamond encrusted fist.
>Other party members are his lieutenants,although rogue expects them to betray him so he plans on going Order 66 on most of them at some point

Not sure if GM will actually let me raise a giant army but I'm halfway there and it'll be a fun ride regardless.
>>
>corporate elf brat
>gets older, doesn't awaken(MEDIOCRE) while finding out more about family business
>business is good, but business ain't morally good
>romanticized runners and had received specialized training at this point
>running away to play robin hood-nothing could possibly go wrong
>runners are just as bad if not worse than corps
>maybe schizophrenia, maybe about to get full blown astral perception as a late bloomer
>at least three independent operators have guesses or figured out family line
>going back now would be an admission of defeat, though, and probably would require betraying the party
>then again putting down the party might not be a bad thing

The end of the campaign is near and is bound to be a wild ride.
>>
>>46244211
>>46244362
This sort of story is why I want to play. Unfortunately, due to a brutal DM, nobody gets attached enough to their characters to really do anything interesting with them.
>>
>>46245512
unless your dm is insanely killer, sometimes having those higher stakes makes significant character development that much more interesting. depends on the group as well though.
>>
>>46240943
My character had the tendency to off captured enemies and somehow I can surpass the sneak check every time.
>>
> Half-Dragon, half human
> Sharp claws, fire breath, giant wings
> Incompetent in basically anything
> Rude to anyone calling her a lizard
> Has a big-ass ship
> Is a freelancing courier
> Very unlucky in anything
> Crashed a harbor with said ship, therefore owes some big cash
> Was pretty much useless the entire campaign so far, save for having a ship
>>
File: Marowa.png (64 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
Marowa.png
64 KB, 240x320
Well I am the gm because my group is small I made them a goblin thief sidekick. Because I always magic characters she's an arcane trickster.
>>
File: ghoul project portrait.jpg (276 KB, 1280x737) Image search: [Google]
ghoul project portrait.jpg
276 KB, 1280x737
>system
shadowrun
>race
Human with HMHVV III strain
>class
street sam with guns and sneak
>personality
"fuck it" metal head that lives with 3 other shadowrunners. goes to great length to avoid infection.
>>
File: 1451426911889.jpg (200 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451426911889.jpg
200 KB, 1280x720
>>46236516
Half-ogre, female former gladiator now cleric of stone giants. Not a cleric of the stone giant god, but a cleric OF stone giants. She is after all half ogre.

She's basically pic related with armor and a bfs. And her name is, " Lunk, with an -unk."
>>
>>46239528

Really like this concept
>>
File: Byozz.png (16 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Byozz.png
16 KB, 640x640
I'm GM forever so I'll just post the major NPC of my upcoming session. He's a Snid (think crab people), which have been the main adversaries of the campaign. What makes him stick out is he's ventborn - born and raised in the Snid cities in the dark abyss of the seafloor. He's a very potent magician, and when the party meets him he is just finishing up killing a god.
>>
Got two.

Arry Moon Brook is an elf ranger who at first glance is probably both one of the nicest and dumbest motherfuckers ever. He does however have plenty of brain matter when the need arises and jokes about using his elven ears to listen to the plights and problems of others better than others might. He is also in full control over his elven ability of "being the smarmy asshole you hate but can't say anything against because you know they're right", usually reserving it for the more stereotypical of his race to hit them where it hurts. Is currently feeling really lazy given the party's recent non-forested relocation and is thinking of futilely trying to locate his family that he left decades ago.

Bronzeheart is a dwarf monk that is a paladin in everything except everything. He's blunt at the best and worst of times, has a "no nonsense unless it works" attitude, and can't stand anything sketchy, even pulling over a royal paladin and his trainee because the kid looked like he didn't want to be there. He is also in the camps of "don't pull out all the stops unless it seems necessary" and "spare the fleeing, especially in their own territory", shown when he was passive against encroaching wolves until they got close enough for him to have an excuse to break two of them in half, and then not giving chase to the dire wolf leader. Current overlying motivation is trying to figure out the origins of an urn of ashes, as they were important enough to have been stolen, and finding a suitable resting place for such important ashes as well.
>>
>>46236516
>>46237687
>edgy as fuck
i'd still fuck it

>>46238898
wizards have minimum ages tho
>>
>>46236516
It's a homebrew sci-fi setting, this is the character one of my friends is making. I doubt whther it's good, what do you guys think
Race: Shapeshifting slime creature (shapeshifting skill is determined by dexterity and/or charm, depending on the context of change)
Class: Con Artist Gunslinger
Personality: Will do almost anything for the money as long as it doesn't limit his power or control
Backstory: Cheated his parents out of their fortune (the species are very successful merchants, so they had lot's of money) and then ran away and lived off of that before getting bored and joining with the party.

Reasons I'm skeptical: 1: Sounds like he might just be one of those 'I'll do whatever I want to." 2: Despite saying he cheated his parents out their fortune, it doesn't say how, why, or what happened to the fortune at all.

Am I just being a bitch? Or does it sound like it could be bad to anyone else? I've never played with him before, so all I know is that his first idea for a character was a rogue/assassain.
>>
>>46259039
Note: We don't have the 'full' backstories typed up yet, so he might explain it later, but I'm not sure.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.