[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >Play mechanicum >get into 500 game with Tau
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: Capture.png (798 KB, 650x483) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
798 KB, 650x483
>be me
>Play mechanicum
>get into 500 game with Tau
>low points so i go strictly Skitarii
>x3 Dragoons, x2 Onagars, 1 squad of Vanguard with Arc Rifles
>Tau has one of those giant Stealth Suits and two x5 squads of normal stealth Suits
>Slightly rusty, know Tau are faggots, expect to lose
>go first
>Kill two stealth dudes on my first turn. Feel ok
>on my turn 2 i have only 7 Vanguard remaining.

Fuck this, i'm just skipping Tau players from now on. they're not even anywhere close to fun
>>
>>46231872

Small-points games are only balanced if you can limit the kind of shit you can field. Lots of factions are stuck with shit and others can field Deathstar models snugly between mandatory Troops and HQ.
>>
>He ran Wall of Mirrors at 500 pts
>Mfw
My boyfriend did the same. Just ask nicely, for him to knock that shit off.
>>
File: 1257297352492.jpg (39 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
1257297352492.jpg
39 KB, 200x196
>>46231937
ah, you're right he did. this particular guy is known for being a faggot. i wasn't aware he was specifically being a faggot at 500pts.

still, even if i had planned for it there was literally nothing i could have done. I want to remain with Admech but they're so goddamned limited with their options.

Who the hell thought giving squishy, semi-elite units with medium ranged guns no transports was a good idea?
>>
The thing is that Admech has two very devastating formations that even Tau would have issues dealing with. Granted they're both in the Cult side of things but still heavily use skittari
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Cult_Mechanicus(7E)
>>
>>46231872

That guy sounds like a fucking douche. Everyone knows you aren't supposed to play with certain shit at low points.

A shooting match between Tau and Skitarii with a regular force would have been pretty cool. Just don't play against that dildo again.
>>
>>46231872
>Fuck this, i'm just skipping Tau players from now on. they're not even anywhere close to fun

This is what happens when you try to assume the Internet is just making shit up when they talk trash about the Tau. Pretty arrogant of you people if you ask me. Well now you know.
>>
AROUND TAU, SAY CIAO
>>
>>46233916

What about me, who has some Tau but wants to sell it off?

Albeit, it's not the new cheese models, though there's a couple of XV-9s in there.
>>
>>46234161
Over-charge the Tau faggots looking to buy from you.
>>
>>46234305

Good plan, though I'm definitely not going to make retail back from it.
>>
I have a tau/eldar player in my LGS and before I met him I thought everything /tg/ said about Tau and eldar players was just bullshit.

>refuses to play against me when I field a stormraven cause flyers are broken
>puts down 3 riptides

>marines get all the good stuff, they are so hard to kill with their armour saves!
>1 riptide kills 8/10 in a tac squad in one shooting phase

>refuses to play anyone running a formation
>find out he's been using a formation for his tau list this entire time but he's allowed to because it "doesn't give me any useful bonuses"

No one plays with him anymore, he started collecting SoB and will not stop complaining about not getting a new codex.
>>
>>46234493
A genuine question, how many of these faggots roam the threads of /tg/ and complains/defends their actions?
My mind goes straight for "lying asshat" whenever I see people stories about their "valiant defeats" against a retard. And I automatically deem them as retards instead because I think they are lying.
>>
>>46234493
FUCKING JOHN?!?!
>>
>>46231999
Look into a secondary CAD of Dante's Discount Drop Pods, aka the Flesh Tearer Taxi Service.

For the low price of 5 tacticals and a Librarian, you can buy 6 non-dedicated Drop Pods!
>>
>>46234674
>A genuine question, how many of these faggots roam the threads of /tg/ and complains/defends their actions?

It can't possibly be a very high percentage, but I've seen a good half dozen such faggots on /tg/.

From trolling non-Tau players to acting like a dumbass and claiming Tau "aren't that good" and the Stormsurge/Riptide are priced fairly, etc to simply being retards and not knowing how to play the game well because all they know is Tau easy mode.
>>
>>46234493
I play tau.
I ally them with orks.
I play a no-farsight mass crisis suit army.
I don't own a single formation and only one riptide.
I also usually lose.
>>
Trying to get into 40k casually, picked up Dark Vengeance a few months back for pretty cheap and decided to just make a CSM army out of them all. My question is, how am I supposed to play Chaos Marines? Not rules-wise, but rather in terms of strategy, should I be trying to get into melee, staying back and shooting, a little of both?

Figured I'd ask here because this seems more casual then the 40k thread.
>>
>>46236103

CSM has like one specific way to be built successfully unless you rely heavily on Daemon allies.

HQ: Be'lakor and Sorcerer for psychic abilities

Troops: Cultists or Zombies to save points because your troops are shitty and will die no matter what

Then you play your decent units like Chaos Spawn, Obliterators, Heldrake, Brass Scorpion, etc.

Every single army in this game except for like 3 suck at melee, even though they're supposed to use a lot of melee in their story, so don't bother trying. Play Khorne Daemonkin if you want melee.
>>
File: bt titan.jpg (136 KB, 381x242) Image search: [Google]
bt titan.jpg
136 KB, 381x242
>>46231872

You just need to field somehting BIG!
>here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1NZqxn-A8o&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd&index=22
>>
>>46233916
Similar experiences with Tau myself.

>1st game ever, set up game with guy at local GW
>tell him what I have, some shitty CSM stuff
>"cool, we'll have a fun game. I'll teach you how to play"
>utterly stomps me while ridiculing my mistakes
>later realize his double Riptide Taudar is not a "fun list"

>2 years later, playing a different Tau guy (3rd game ever vs Tau)
>Firebase support cadre vs my IG
>3 Riptides, the teleporting FW one
>sees my models before we start, swaps all his weapon arms out (magnets) to counter my armor
>tables me in 3 turns, loud as fuck acts like he just won the super bowl

Fuck Tau players. I avoid them like the plague. My other game was almost as bad. WAAC suitlist with markerlights and whining so hard about the terrain placement AFTER we deployed - I let him set it how he wanted (to his advantage of course) just so we could play and get it over with.
>>
>40k
>manchildren
Its like people collected and army, painted it, bought the rulebook and codex, learnt their army then worked out what the fanbase it about at the table
>>
>>46231872
Low points need a gentleman's agreement or a specialized rule. Try using HH's rules for a small game where they limit the amount of points that can be sunk into an HQ and the rest of an army as a quick fix. Basic stuff from the mini-leagues ran at my FLGS for 750 point, nothing with armor values that sum to 34 or higher, no 2+ saves, 1 non-troop slot max, 1 wild card choice, no formations, no FW, no models with wounds over 3. It can probably still be broken but it helps restrict the easier stuff and kind states it's set to have fun small games

>>46231999
very few of us have the powers that you do inverse satan trips
>>
>>46231872
One of my friends plays Tau, cool guy but even his semi-serious lists push my shit in.
>>
>>46231872
>Tau has one of those giant Stealth Suits

Sounds like you just need to get better at the game if you cant even name the ghostkeel.
>>
>>46240133
you sound like a humongous faggot
>>
>>46234362
strip the paint and if they still look used basecoat them again, then just say they're new all you did was basecoat before realising you wanted a different army or some shit
>>
Well, I play 30k mechanicum and kicked a tau player's shit in today. That was fun.

He kept complaining the stormsurges were too expensive.
>>
>>46233916
>Pretty arrogant... to assume the Internet is just making shit up
no it is only prudent and wise.
>>
>>46231872
>Running WoM at less then 1850
>Running more than 3 XV25's in a unit
lol wut

I play tau but thats fucking bs
>>
>>46234493
>Doesnt give useful Bonuses
What is Wall of Mirrors
What is increased BS
What is cover saves of 2+
What is supportig fire
>>
>>46237971
>tau faggots ever agreeing to gentlemanly rules and games
>>
>>46236015
You have to be a special kind of bad to lose with Tau, even with one Riptide, unless you're exclusively facing Eldar and other Tau with multiple Riptides. Not even Skyhammer is an issue, Interceptor is basic wargear for Tau.
>>
>>46236227
I miss the good days when CSM could getting there and mix it up at 12". When choosing to rapid fire or pistols and charge was an actual choice.

Blah blah blah another chaos player cries on the internet...*sigh*
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 550x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 550x656
The right way to deal with dicks is always Necrons. Know you are fighting tau? Bring crons. They are very flexible for either having fun games or fuck your mother type games. Annihilation Bardges up the ass will rip through them and for good measure you could bring wraiths with their invulnerable save, good strength, many attacks, and good speed.
>>
>>46247600
i really miss that shit. i started getting into 40k like a year before lost and the damned were no longer supported as an army, and they were the thing that appealed to me the most (helped by their rules being free online)
>>
>>46231872
>Remember playing 4th edition
>Me with my Tyranids
>Friend with Tau
>Games were almost a 50/50 win/loss ratio
>Try playing now days
>Get fucked 95% of the time
>>
>>46236227
>Obliterators
They're not really that great. WOuld people take Grav Centurions if they had to alternate every turn firing between their grav cannons and hurricane bolters? Doubt it.

CSM have better HS options, especially once you go Forge World
>>
Playing vs dickheads at low points always involves something broken.

My particular nerd cult has started getting into HoR killteam for small games and we've been having alot of fun. Id really suggest it for 500 rather than regular 40k.

I also like using d20 for shooting and have cover reduce incoming Bs rather than everyone gets a save all the time in the city debris
>>
>>46247600
Best edition, khorne csm lord with daemon stature, daemon speed and the blood talisman thingy, 6" move, d6" rage, d6" fleet, 12" charge, i hope you didnt deploy on the 12" deployment line bro gg
>>
>>46231872
Just want to poke my head in to say that not all of us are faggots. I try to be fun and experimental. And usually I end up suiciding. 500pt Game? How many kroot can I field? or how many vespid? or, can I use pirhana's as something other than missile boats? or can I use devilfish as some kind of lawn mower? Most of the answers are no, but there was the time that I killed the night-bringer in melee with firewarriors. That was fun.
>>
>>46242286
>prudent and wise to think something that is known and stated by 99% of the internet is false

It's not like it's a meme or something. Taufags are legitimately shitters. This isn't some fucking Aussie dropbear shit.
>>
>>46237525
My only experiences with tau was blasting their filthy xeno selves back to the stone age with basilisks, but that was years ago.
>>
What is your "fun" list /tg/? Something for a 1500 point game with a friend you know won't dick you over.
>>
>>46255076
If I'm going 1500 point of fun I like to play blood angels (bad choice already, I know) and just go nothing but melee. Because fuck it, I miss 5th ed when melee was good and fun
>>
File: Vote.jpg (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Vote.jpg
41 KB, 250x250
>>46240504
>strip & repaint
>pretend they're not used
>then maybe break even
>implying NIB GW merch is worth RRP

That shit is overpriced at 50% off when it's NEW.
>>
File: WeDie.jpg (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
WeDie.jpg
54 KB, 250x250
>>46251537
>They're not really that great

That's true of every unit in the dex.

Reminder 1: Any army book that REQUIRES the use of allies and/or WAAC typo leverage for a chance at victory is a yuge FAIL by the studio staff.

Reminder 2: We're PAYING these guys!
>>
>>46245954
get fucked asshole
>>
>mfw group still plays 6th ed
>mfw only one tau army and its a fluffy army led by darkstriker with vespids pathfinders pihrannas
>>
I've not encounterd many tau-fags, the main problems we have at me local are a "sisters" player (two squads and a HQ backed up by 4 Knights) and a SM player who will go bezerk if you refuse to tell him what army you play before he writes his list.
>>
>>46231872
Now I'm seriously confused.
I know that Tau are top notch right now, but a buddy of mine is having the hardest time beating me with his.

For all the tau people in the thread, what do you do to counter Tyranids? It seems like his biggest problem is target priority.
>>
File: 123.jpg (103 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
103 KB, 569x802
>>46258255
I never played 40k, just like reading the books and shit, but are players really that spergy? Like they'll flip shit if you don't announce you army and shit?
>>
I'm actually about to bite the bullet on a Skitarii army
I've never painted miniatures before (or miniatures in general, I've botched a few planes a while back and stopped), what sort of shit should I buy to make these Toaster fucking monsters look sweet as fuck
>>
>>46259009
>does [insert /tg/ game] really have players that autistic?

You new or something? They literally have generals for this sort of thing. "That Guy thread".
>>
>>46259070
Paint thinners. Seriously, the results you get from thinning acrylic paint with alcohol rather than fucking tap water is pretty dramatic. It dries cleaner, the surface tension is lower so it doesn't bead on details, and it feeds nicely through airbrushes; less spatter
>>
>>46260314

I don't use isopropyl because it will kill the natural oils of my brush and it dries super fast for brushwork. It's pretty much a airbrush only thinner.
>>
>>46260334
If you can get it, pure methanol dries slower and is less aggressive than isopropyls.
>>
>>46236227
>Troops: Cultists or Zombies to save points because your troops are shitty and will die no matter what

look, an internet wise guy appeared

Don't listen to him, he knows little, for:

-to field plague zombies you need to bring typhus who is rather overcosted

-spawn are usually better with a khorne lord on juggernaught with the relic axe of fury as he has quite some punch

-Brass Scorpion rules and model are Forgeworld only (IA-13), furthermore is 700pts (close to 1/2 of typical army size (1500-1850pts), so definitly not something you should look into as beginner.

but generally its true, csm are weak atm
>>
>>46259070
Worst mistake most people make is not caring for your brushes. Ensure the tip is good and learn how to take care of your brush.
(Check youtube for howtos)
Afterwards look for video tutorials, for example GW made some for the dark vengeance set
>>
>>46261081

Typhus is worth the tax and you didn't provide an alternative to the troops, Mr. Internet Wise Guy. Surely you wouldn't actually recommend CSM? Because that would automatically make everything that comes out of your mouth drivel.
>>
>>46261232
He said they're weak
>>
File: always-right.png (88 KB, 330x318) Image search: [Google]
always-right.png
88 KB, 330x318
>>46236378
>people who paint titans and knights in chapter colours and markings
>>
First game I ever played at my local GW, I had my 250 points of Inquisition/Scions and got to team up with some Tau guy's 1500 points. We fought a Khorne dude with 1750. Tau dude was a little sad he couldn't take his second stormsurge.

Khorne dude had really shitty dice luck and ended up getting stomped. My Crusaders never even got to charge anyone. It was a pretty friendly game but still the Stormsurge and battlesuits seemed a little on the strong side.
>>
>>46231872
>>x3 Dragoons, x2 Onagars, 1 squad of Vanguard with Arc Rifles

found you problem.

quit being retarded and you wont lose so bad.
>>
>>46242506
>The point
>>
>>46261768

Your days as a novice are over, Leandros. Why do you still interpret the hobby so narrowly?
>>
File: tic-tac-tryhard.png (174 KB, 540x695) Image search: [Google]
tic-tac-tryhard.png
174 KB, 540x695
>>46262033
>>
>>46259070
There is a great video on the warhammer youtube channel made my our friend Duncan who will show you how to easily paint them general rules you will want to follow are the following always thin your paints it is better to apply 2 coats of thinned down paints than 1 thick coat learn to love drybrushing it is your friend and dont forget to use shades to bring out the details in your minis.Here is the video i was talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLsteSBHEcM
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.