[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallen Paladins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
I know this subject usually gets groans, but I wanted to come here and share a story from the campaign im running.

Sovadin the Paladin joined the party very early on in their adventures. He was older than most adventurers, in his mid thirties, and wasn't terribly accomplished.

But after meeting the party they all became involved in the plot of the game, and without going into too much detail, revolves around a man becoming the new god of war and ruling the empire as an immortal god king. The party has for the past year and a half (out of game) been building up a rebellion to fight against the empire, defeat the emperor, and restore peace to the land. But during all this, something happened to Sovadin. He advanced his skills as a paladin less and less, and became more interested in being a fighter, even touching barbarian, and he fell further and further from his god. That was until a chance encounter landed the party squarely in front of the God of Regicide, Marmath the usurper. Sovadin was filled with purpose and inspiration, and pledged himself to the evil god. Now seeing himself as "a necessary evil to allow the triumph of good" he continues on with the party, preparing for the day that he can slay the god of war and free the people of Sergo.

Out of game everyone was very apprehensive about having an evil character in a party of good characters, but now he is as part of the party as anyone else. Maybe even more so now that he has a singular focus.

And now that this campain is comming to a close, after so long and so much blood sweat and tears have been shed, I find myself looking back at the humble roots of each of the characters, where they began and where they have ended up, and no one has ever made such a graceful fall in my mind as Sovadin the Paladin.
>>
File: THE HEROES OF SERGO.jpg (80 KB, 960x762) Image search: [Google]
THE HEROES OF SERGO.jpg
80 KB, 960x762
Full pic
>>
>>46228683
Are you sure this doesn't take place in a cyberpunk, Shadowrun-esque setting? Cause they look very cyberpunk.

Also, that's an awful fallen paladin story. Just... just awful.
>>
Glad you enjoyed your fall, OP. Any stories?
>>
So he didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards?
>>
>>46228683
>Elf character
>named Eldar
Kek
>>
File: Fallen Paladin.jpg (337 KB, 2301x3071) Image search: [Google]
Fallen Paladin.jpg
337 KB, 2301x3071
>>46228356

If you're playing your character properly you will never, ever have to justify their actions to your party out of character, and it sounds like that was the case in your group. And that's the case for any character, be it Lord Commander Solarion the Lawful Good Paladin or Senara Ravenshadow the Chaotic Evil Rogue.

On that note, Fallen Paladins are great when they're played well and aren't the product of baby orc scenarios.

>>46229536
>Iunderstoodthatreference.gif
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.