[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Faction Creation Thread : 4th Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Arcnus.png (438 KB, 485x548) Image search: [Google]
Arcnus.png
438 KB, 485x548
1- Choose a faction;
>Imperial Guard - Very Required
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php
>Space Marines - Very Required
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smpbeta.php
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/tsmp.php
>Sisters of Battle - Minor role but welcome
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php
>Eldar - Really really minor role(1-2 different groups at most)
http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/painter.jsp?i=38
>Chaos SM - Minor role but welcome
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/csmp.php
EXTENDED EDITION
>Knight background story(individual knight or knight house)
>Mechanicum Forgeworld(Specific forgeworld YOU created - use robed SM painter for reference)
>Inquisitorial Minor Ordos(Without getting over your head. EX: My Ordos controls the Emperor's corpse!!!)
>Individual characters, background or characterization(Ex: Sergeant X from the Amazings regiment)
>Ecclesiarchial groups, priest armies & religious groups/religions.
>Planets
>Ideas(Anything about everything)

2- Use the coloring books to make your own faction, DOW/SM painters also welcome.

3- Name the faction(I suggest googling it for doubles)

4- Fill in some lore(Optional but appreciated)

5- Post it(Write your alias in the name field so I can credit you, otherwise it is credited as anon)

6- Wait for months(literally) while I put them all together in my brain that fairly lacks cognitive capabilities.
>>
File: Factions.png (2 MB, 1920x2000) Image search: [Google]
Factions.png
2 MB, 1920x2000
>Some idea on what's going on:
I had this idea of making a really complex and integrated story about Imperial factions after a major crusade. Considering the size of the galaxy a crusade must require thousands of regiments and hundreds of Chapters to conduct. Which also leaves them with spoils of war in the end. I could have just populate the whole thing from my drafts but I figured it would be more fun and challenging to fill the factions with anon made ones. So here we are.

>Disclaimers:
-I store all contributions and work them into the story one way or another, so don't hesitate to contribute.
-No Orks no ork related anything, I'm writing Orks right now and I'm fed with it. No zoggin Orkz, ya 'ear!
-Try to make the factions as unique as possible(it's YOUR faction after all). Theme, military focus and characterization is what makes a faction alive most of the time.
Here is an example from an official chapter. Black Templars are gothic space knights(theme), they use close combat whenever possible(military), special characters in the codex(charz)
-If you submitted in a previous thread know that its been kept safe.
-Post the HTML codes of your colors if you want an accurate representation, otherwise I pick the colors using gimp which might not be exact.
-Creator names for the factions cannot be changed after the first initialization, if you want to be added as a creator to an already made faction you need to contribute newer fluff almost as much as the OC. Even if the OC is credited as anon you can only be credited beside him. This is done to prevent miscrediting.

>Charts(Optional, use them if you want to):
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_Regiment_Creation_Tables
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Warband_Creation_Tables
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

>Previous Threads
>>46061736
>>46103759
>>46125506
>>46158415
>>
To clarify a few things:
I'm only creating this new thread because Genius is obviously not disponible for now.
That does NOT mean I take over in any sense.
You guys can keep creating factions.
>>
is there a google doc of the various factions up yet?
>>
>>46227363

Ozark confirmed for staging a coup against Genius.
Who to support, who to support. I'll just wait it out and see who remains standing at the end of it all.
>>
>>46218083
>>46223714

Will get something more substantial after work tonight. This all sounds fun and interesting and collective collaboration should be fun.
>>
>>46227555
Not yet. Once Genius comes back, you can ask him.
>>46227613
Tsk tsk tsk... Are you inciting heresy among the troops? Are you trying to sow strife and decadence from within the ranks of our Emperor?
HEREEEEEEESYYYYYYYY!!!
>>
>>46227700
Me? Little old me inciting heresy, ofcourse not! (Look at him, already acting the tyrant, hint hint wink wink. Somebody really should do something about that)
I love the status que, I'm just a little sad that you decided to turn against our beloved God-OP.
>>
>>46227750
Status quo, damn you autocorrect!
>>
Also, I was thinking of writing up an in character piece on an imperial getting abducted and slowly going native, would that be interesting or should I spell out in more detail how the family operates (as I've only really done descriptors rather then stating facts). What say you all?
>>
>>46227750
Sigh...
You know I'll have to call an Exterminatus on you, right?
>>46227935
Good idea, we need all the fluff we can get.
Still gonna Exterminatus the fuck outta you.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (18 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
18 KB, 400x500
>>
>>46228396
Void Whales color scheme.
>>
Brabne climbed up the rope ladder onto the shattered floor above him, where where Goss and Awle were waiting. He walked to Goss, who was leaning in the corner puffing on a covered LHO-stick, and produced an insulator flask from his satchel.
"Tin for a stick?"
Goss grinned, and pulled an LHO from the brim of his fur cap. "Took you bleedin' long enough,"
"You knows how the flatstoves is, we'm lucky to have it liquid at all in this weather" chuckled Brabne. He poured a tin of the steaming recaf as Goss poked the LHO into his mouth, sparking it alight.
Awle was leaning in a paneless window, peering along the high street with a pair of magnoculars.
"Any for you, lass?", Brabne asked, sauntering over, "must be froze sol..."
He stopped as she held out a hand, one finger up as to shush him, without looking away from her scopes. She patted around the floor where she was kneeling, still fixed looking down the street. Awle muttered under her breath, getting more audible. "...det... where's the cursed... Pass the det, now!"
Brabne quickly put the flask down and kneeled by the woman, passing her the detonator from just outside her reach. She snatched it from him, her thumb opening the guard and hovering over the trigger. Goss rushed over, unslinging his lascarbine to crouch by the window. "What we got?"
Awle muttered, still watching. "Three armoured... Five... ten... lots on the ground" She grinned. "Give 'em fifty yards."
He couldn't see, but under the howl of the wind through the ruined district, Goss heard crude, but distant chanting, and the rattle of war machines.
Brabne gathered up his flask and secreted it away in his satchel, and relayed the headcount to the rest of the section over the micro-bead.
>>
>>46228869
Awle slowed her breathing and prayed as the column passed between the two blasted hab blocks
"Emperor grant us forgiveness... Let your foes perish... In the firestorm and avalanche... As our beloved have for us..."
She pushed the trigger, and a ripple of explosions shot out from the ground level of one of the blocks. Through her magnoculars, Awle saw a few of the ones on foot thrown about like ragdolls, but the armour kept rolling through the chaos, while the leaders kicked the rest of them forward.
"Ah, shit," swore Goss, "It didn't..."
"Give it a moment," interrupted Awle
As if on cue, a laboured metallic groan cut through the wind, as the hab block began to lean into the road, slowly tilting, crumbling, until the front half came away completely. It smashed into the opposite block, and scoured down its façade, breaking away more debris into the street. With a great roar, the whole lot smashed into the ground, kicking up an immense cloud of dust. The chanting and clanking had stopped.
Her job done, Awle jumped up, laughing manically, and shouted a curse down the boulevard.
"Right, shall we go, then?"
>>
>>46228396
It's nice. Sober and cool looking, I like it.
>>
>>46228916
>>46228869
Any comments/criticism?
>>
>>46229006
It's nice. I just have a bit of a reserve at the end:
>Her job done, Awle jumped up, laughing manically, and shouted a curse down the boulevard.
>"Right, shall we go, then?"

That... doesn't really sound like something a guardsman would say. Especially since they are only three and there is a whole lot of enemies in front of them if I understood correctly.
>>
>>46229161
Ah, I didn't put the sense of scale in properly. The idea was that this was all a good way down a big road, with a fair distance between the demolition team and the demolition. It was sort of meant to show confidence, but I can see where you're coming from.
>>
Okay folks, that's all from me for today, I'm going to sleep.
Tomorrow, I'l continue fluffing out the Ashen Reapers.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.