[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All right, a bit of a challenge for you gents. Has anyone on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Azurikcover.jpg (50 KB, 336x476) Image search: [Google]
Azurikcover.jpg
50 KB, 336x476
All right, a bit of a challenge for you gents. Has anyone on /tg/ played this game, and if so, do you remember enough of it to use it as the basis of a campaign setting?
>>
I've played this game in passing, and it's ball-bustingly generic. The game was basically XBOX's answer to Zelda, and the plot and setting are very straight forward. The focus of the mythos is on the four elements (earth, fire, air, water) and with a couple variants (ice, etc), to the point that each element has its own realm you can travel to (on foot, no less). Azurik is a young elemental guardian, tasked with maintaining balance. One of his colleagues is corrupted by the lust for power, and he steals the plates that represent each element from the central temple where everyone lives. Azurik had to take that glaive that channels the elements, run around and recover the plates, and beat the traitor's ass.

I cannot stress enough how generic the game is.
>>
>>46223781
>>46223985
Holy shit, I remember this game.

Barely. Because it wasn't good.

l
>>
Is there anything to salvage in this basic-as-fuck setting?
>>
"These elements are Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Life, and Death. The essence of the elements has been locked within special "Discs", which are kept in the tower in the middle of Town. All that is, except one; the disc of Death had been lost a great deal of time before, its location unknown. Regardless of that fact, the world has managed to maintain the natural order."

They have the Disc of Death hidden in the walls of a training room, the antagonist nearly kills you and a master intervenes, tells baddie to meditate away the murderboner. He throws his weapon so angrily at a wall it shatters and reveals the disc. Then, uh...

The "Guardian of the Disc of Death" forcibly possess him and has him do some evil shit, snagging the rest of the discs. So I guess these particular MacGuffins also kind of have minds of their own.
>>
>>46227301
Yeah, the Death disc was speaking to the rival guardian while he was meditating.
>What do you want?
>B-balance among the elements.
>Look in your heart. What do you REALLY want?
>...Power...
And then he jacks the rest of the discs and scatters them across the various realms.
>>
I did like the aspect of combining the different elements into different combo elements like steam and lava, but beyond that I do not remember anything particularly interesting about this game.
>>
>>46228132
>I do not remember anything particularly interesting about this game.
That's the problem this thread is running into: the game was forgettable.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.