[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/. I'm being 100% serious so plz no memes. I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Vaporwave Marines.jpg (438 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
Vaporwave Marines.jpg
438 KB, 2500x2500
Hey /tg/. I'm being 100% serious so plz no memes. I want to make a Noise Marine CSM army in the theme of Vaporwave. I want to aim for about 1500 points so I can play it at tournaments/fun games with friends. I have no clue how slaanesh csm work, let alone whats good. What should i take?
>>
>>46221499
>What should i take?

A E S T H E T I C
>>
self bump. Looking forward to your responses!
>>
>What should i take?

I T S A L L I N Y O U R H E A D
>>
>100% serious so plz no memes

リ サ フ ラ ン ク 4 2 0 / 現 代 の コ ン ピ ュ ー
>>
>>46221499
>slanesh armies after "double demon prince with siren"
Satisfaction not garanteed
>>
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>46221568
thanks!
>>
Hey I played noise marines a couple editions ago:

I played extensively in the 5th under the banner of the Blood Angles. I loved the mobility of the army most of all. It complemented my play style to be able to shift my armies focus on the fly and to be able to pull back or push forward as needed. By the end of the 5th I was burnt on CC and was looking for something more balanced or shooting oriented, which was handy when 6th ed dropped and shooting became so dominant.

After buying the Dark Vengeance box and the CSM codex I was pretty hooked on the idea of Chaos. I liked the customization options and the opportunity to run a horde MEQ army. I ran a couple games with lots of bare bones 10 man CSM plasma squads with bikes and lots of havocks. I didn’t play well with the list and the list didn’t play well with me. About the time I was looking for new options (other than nurgle plague spam) the new patch dropped which changed Blastmaster rules so I started list building for a Noise Marine army to see if I could make it work.

First thoughts on Noise Marine units:

Lucius the Eternal:
No thanks. He brings zero synergy to a Noise Marine army

Chaos Lord:
Necessary to unlock troops, he is never going to be the unkillable beast a Nurgle Lord is nor the murder machine a Khorne Lord is. The Initiative boost is nice but very situational outside of HQ challenges. In general he should be kept cheap. A bike, a power weapon, and Aura of Darkness are good basic kit. Dual claws would be for a more killy lord while a power sword/power ax combo would have more utility. On foot would be cheaper but I don’t see him getting into important CC unless he gets delivered via a Landraider (which sucks too much to take).

1/3
>>
>>46221554
what does that mean? I dont read japanese bery well :)
>>
Paint them pastel pink and seafoam green. Pink and black checker patterns. Maybe get some Blood Angels bitz for their "sculpted" look.

Call your warband the "Thousand-Nine-Hundred-Ninety-Five Sons."
>>
>>46221606
hey, thanks for being a real response. I look forward to your other 2 parts!
>>
Sorcerer:
Not necessary to unlock Noise Marines but I still want one. The Initiative boost helps the Sorc swing before Marines which has been a problem for me in the past. The Slaanesh lore has nice powers and synergy with Noise Marines weaponry. The sorc synergy isn’t game changing but good all the same. As much as I want one I can’t justify it in lists 1,500 points and under.

Noise Marines:
As an elite I don’t see their use but as a troop choice they shine. Inexpensive in relation to other cult troops, Fearless, and access to sonic weaponry/banner are the central reasons to take them. Higher initiative is a mixed bag. The initiative is handy in CC and gives Noise Marine Sergeants a chance to kill their challenge opponent before they can swing back, but it is entirely useless in the shooting phase.

(2/3)
>>
First thoughts on Slaanesh/Noise Marine gear

Mark of Slaanesh:
Handy but not a game changer. Usually reasonably priced but it’s only useful in CC. After playing BA I know the value of swinging before other Marines but I don’t see buying the mark much outside of HQ’s or fast CC oriented units like Bikers and Raptors.

Steed of Slaanesh:
The extra attack and outflank is nice. The big downside is missing out on the extra toughness of the bike and the twin-linked bolter. That toughness is huge in making MoS HQ’s more durable.

Banner of Excess:
Feel-no-Pain is a huge boon but the price is steep. All banners come with the danger of precision shots but the upside of this one is that the banners effect makes the bearer tougher to kill. I think it could/should be used on bigger high value units that will be in the enemies face. I don’t think I’ll ever spam it on multiple units.

Sonic Blaster:
An upgrade to use sparingly as the points can really add up fast. Can let you put out a huge volume of shots at bolter range but only if you don’t move. Volume of small arms fire can help swamp 2+ save units which other Noise Marine weapons can’t punch through. Blasters should really shine when dealing with horde armies like Guard, Orks, or Nids where ignoring cover is huge. I think this has a role in MSU objective camping units, letting them put out the equivalent bolter fire of a 10 man squad at the same range.

(2.5/3)
>>
Doom Siren:
So awesome but such a conundrum to use. This weapon would have been huge in 5th ed mech spam but is less so now. Price
is dirt cheap for what it does and the weapon gets protected from precision shots by ‘look out sir’. The plus is that it’s a great assault weapon for I5 troops which want to be in combat. The negative is that Noise Marines are I5 and don’t want to be in combat and it is too good of an assault weapon. First off, stationary shooting is where equipped Noise Marines shine and you are not doing that if you’re moving and getting into in CC. Secondly, if you get a solid template hit on a MEQ squad you are going to melt face and probably increase the range (and unlikeliness) of the charge if you don’t just make the enemy break and run. Ideally you probably need transport for good template use and a properly built squad to deliver the goods. I don’t think Doom Sirens pair well with Sonic Blasters or Blastmasters because of movement issues. Tricky tricky.

Blastmasters:
This is the bread and butter of a Noise Marine list. The big plus is that the weapon has the Strength to instakill T4 and bust tanks, the cover bypass and AP to shred MEQ, and the range to do it outside of many MEQ armies golden 24-12” shooting zone. A small plus is the dual firing mode which is handy, but moving Blastmasters are not very effective. This is an ideal weapon for sitting on objectives or elevated terrain and putting the hurt on enemy units. Because of movement restrictions this weapon seems like it would pair well with Sonic Blasters.

(3/3)
>>
>>46221664
thanks a lot. lots of good info. Ill definitely save this for later as well :)
>>
>>46221606

>YO THIS FAGGOT JUST USED A PRETYPED THINGY

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/271966-making-noise-marines-scream/
>>
I call this first list, OMG BLASTMASTERS! Must have MOAR!

Chaos Lord: power sword, aura of darkness, bike, mark of slaanesh (130) Fairly cheap kit. Runs with the bikers to give them some punch.

10 Noise Marines: x2 blastmasters (240) Shoots things dead and then shoots some more. To hold/capture the center or the most contested objective.

5 Noise Marines: x1 blastmaster (125) Objective camper and fire support.

5 Noise Marines: x1 blastmaster (125) Objective camper and fire support.

5 Chaos Bikers: power sword, meltabomb x2 meltagun (150) Multi-role unit. Tank hunting, CC hammer, objective contester, tarpit to keep my shooty units clear.

3 Obilterators: mark of nurgle (228) My main source of AP2 and anti-tank. MoN for durability and instadeath.

First list battle results and analysis vs Drop Pod Space Wolves:

Space Wolves list roughly:

Lord: runic armor, frost blade, rust belt, other?

5 Wolf Scouts: meltagun, x2 meltabombs?

5 Wolfguard: 4 Terminators: combi plasma/meltas, heavy flamer, 1 regular with power weapon
-Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters: x2 meltaguns, powerfist, banner
-Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters: x2 plasma, ???
-Drop Pod

5 Long Fangs: 4 missile launchers
>>
>>46221705
What do you suggest i add on to this to make it 1,500 points?
>>
>>46221499
paint them at least partially white.
the bases must be painted in a pink checkerboard like your pic.
>>
At first got mad, but then realized a bunch of noise marines that don't make powerful dissonances that cause harm, but create tranquillizing languid seductions of nothings that lure to your doom is pcool. At least its not metalheads.
>>
>>46221778
i plan on painting their heads like marble.
>>
>>46221499
I think this would work better for a Slaaneshi cult in an RPG.
>>
>>46221607
First of all, you're meming. Secondly, I think it probably means something along the lines of "420 blaze it"
>>
>>46221499
Hey Matthew, is this vaporwave?
>>
>>46224410
Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
>>46224525
Sure is
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.