[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper - Ban Delver edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 3211759_orig.jpg (95 KB, 681x523) Image search: [Google]
3211759_orig.jpg
95 KB, 681x523
What would happen IF Delver was banned? Just one more less interesting deck in Pauper?

What decks are on the rise? Which ones are overrated?

Did you know U Control players pour their milk in before the cereal?
>>
>>46218319
>papa wizard, the blue player touched my weewee and did mean things to my anus :( Please ban more blue card :(

Go play Modern, I heard that blue can't be played except with eldrazi there.
>>
>>46218319
>Complaining about blue
>In a format where there is a card that specifically counters and destroys anything blue

Anyway, does anybodies store run paper pauper events? Mine has in the past, but it was like 1 or 2 a year.
>>
>>46218962
It feels like a chicken or egg situation. Tournament players want to play in supported formats, but no tournaments exists because no one plays it in stores.

Best thing is probably to just host tournaments with friends enogh times in the store for the owners to feel it justified to endorce it?
>>
>side in 8x red elemental blast
>proceed to erase blue player from the current tournament
>basically go for the "shatter/counter everything for 1 mana"
>LMAO 1 (ONE) MANA
idkr where is the problem w delver

also i got a secret card to side in whenever playin vs delver thats the ultimate solution against it
>>
>>46219013
Yeah, I'm currently getting my playgroup to play pauper, then getting the store to run little tourneys
>>
>>46219045
Share your sideboard secrets with us
>>
>>46219050
An idea I had would be to maybe use part of the registration fee to invest in staples to use as prizes?

That way, you could let people choose between stuff like bolt, edict, counterspell etc. One for the winner and one given out randomly.

So if someone joins with their homebrew, slowly theyd be able to incorporate more format staples to boost their deck.
>>
>>46219311
That actually sounds like a good idea, since packs would be sorta useless as prices.
Either that, or we could get a local artist to do a alter for the winner. Maybe save that for a larger thing.
>>
>>46218319
>Did you know U Control players pour their milk in before the cereal?
That's the only correct form.
>>
>>46219338
Thats fine as a prize I think. The primary concern is to grow a community, no? So hopefully we could reduce the barrier of entry somewhat by sticking playables in peoples hands.
>>
>>46219371
Yeah honestly. If you want crispy cereal thats how you'd do it.
>>
>>46219371
Found the U control player
>>
>>46219073
gutshot
>>
>>46219686
That's actually really sneaky
I love it
>>
>People acting like Delver isn't the number one card in the meta
>OP asks what would happen IF Delver was banned
>Admits that Delver makes an interesting deck
>People get butthurt and mad
>>
Is anyone brewing anything? Feeling hype over any SOI commons? In anticipation for the full spoiler when most likely any potential hidden gems are going to show up?
>>
>>46221207
I'm brewing a Stompy with all those creatures that are hard to kill: Blisterpod, Safehold Elite, Young Wolf, Brindle Shoat (if only I could find them...) and Nest Invader. Also Tangle Golem and Porcelain Legionaire because why not.

For spells, 8 Rancors and Bonesplitters, Hunger of the howlpack (because why not, with all those eldrazi spawns), mutagenic growths and vines of vastwood.

The deck is a blast and MBC has nothing to do against it.
>>
>>46222510
8 rancors?
>>
>>46218319
UW tron reporting in.
>>
File: carrion feeder for ants.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
carrion feeder for ants.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
Is there any way to manage to get carrion feeder into a deck? Is a deck playing sac outlets paired with threaten effects just to gimmicky to make it work?
>>
>>46222757
Post a picture or a list!
>>
>>46223198
No, it should work if you use creatures with undying or persist, or even creatures that replace themselves with tokens when they die. GB would be the best choice to go with
>>
>>46223313
I feel like theres a danger in trying to make a two color one-drop list work, since itll be much slower versus stompy and goblins. But maybe there can be enough power won?
>>
>>46222693
Rancors and Bonesplitters. They serve basically the same role.
>>
>>46223784
Fair enough!
>>
File: FoilsBurn 002.jpg (826 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
FoilsBurn 002.jpg
826 KB, 2304x1728
soon
>>
>>46224664
Wow, nice bling.
>>
>>46223198
There is not enough good threats or effects, that gain from saccing your creatures.

Carrion feeder is about the only good part, but what more would you like to add with him?
>>
File: aristocratsunfinished.jpg (684 KB, 1447x651) Image search: [Google]
aristocratsunfinished.jpg
684 KB, 1447x651
>>46223198
Brindle Shoat
Tukatongue Thallid
Young Wolf
Blisterpod

there's a g/b Aristocrats deck running around, and in mtgstrats pauper gauntlet that seems to be what youre looking for

pic related is what i've been building today
>>
>>46223223
Here's a list, anon!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-rhystic-tron/
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.