[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What your character says right before using his strongest, most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
"I sincerely hope this kills you first."

Hard mode: Explain why using this ability is so risky.
>>
arnold palmer alert arnold palmer alert who wants arnie palmys
>>
"I've gotcha right where I wantcha!"
He says it when he parries with his Sword of Attraction: Any weapons that clash with his will, at will, stick together. Once he snatches their main hand, he'll start gouging them with his off-hand dagger.
>>
>>46217018
"Blargfhl" as he pukes up the caustic, flammable on contact with the air liquid he keeps in a stomach pouch.

Danger: Drooling while sleeping.

He pretty much has constantly chapped Lips.
>>
>>46217018
>Sets self on fire
"Everyone not made of metal, asbestos or bacon, get out of my way!"
>>
File: distraction1.jpg (32 KB, 300x328) Image search: [Google]
distraction1.jpg
32 KB, 300x328
Why it's risky? People can DODGE it and then you are pretty much boned.

Point in the opposite direction "Hey, look! What's that!"
>>
>>46217134

You. I like you.
>>
File: Chuuni eye.jpg (181 KB, 818x648) Image search: [Google]
Chuuni eye.jpg
181 KB, 818x648
>>46217018
"This strike... has a depth of sadness you'll never understand."

Reason: Saying that tryhard quote is really embarrassing. I mean, I love playing parodies of chuuni edgelords who are actually just losers, but taking it far enough to make it clear I'm only pretending to be retarded is its own kind of sacrifice.
>>
>>46217018
"TAKE COVER!"

His strongest, most dangerous attack is firing a grenade launcher.
>>
>>46217018
"I'M NOT CRAZY!"

It involves trying to summon a hallucinatory talking sheep with seven eyes, seven horns, and a melting face. One that knows far too much that my character does not know to be a figment of his imagination. A previous attempt to summon it resulted in another hallucination warning him that he may attract unwanted attention.
>>
>>46217018
"Allahu Akbar"

Playing an Islamic suicide bomber
>>
"Target locked. You have three seconds to comply."

*three seconds later*

"Releasing safeties. Releasing limiters. I'm sorry."

The character is a cyborg in a Magical Girl game who, amidst their other systems, is equipped with a powerful but lethal attack. She's only used it a couple of times, and only once on a human target. She hates herself for having it and has sworn to never use it on another person (she was lucky that she didn't kill them the first time), but it's extremely effective against robots, monsters and that sort of thing.

And if she's using it against a person, they've pissed her off enough that she's not going to hold back.
>>
>>46217204
WHERE? I collect those!
>>
"Well FUCK you TOO"

Risky: He has to stop his heartbeat to detonate the self-destruct failsafe on the battleship
>>
>>46217018
Action Surge! Two Attacks!
>>
*T-Rex noises

The only risk is that it uses my highest level (4th) spell slot. In fact, it adds a huge layer of buffer health. I suppose the greatest risk is probably the inability to cross fragile wooden bridges or use arms for anything useful.
>>
File: ergoproxy.jpg (80 KB, 1000x746) Image search: [Google]
ergoproxy.jpg
80 KB, 1000x746
"Repent, moterfucker!"

Because shadowrunning as a priest is hard, and sometimes the only solution to a problem is a point-blank face full of hot lead.
>>
Goodbye, kneecaps.

Sometimes kneecaps are armored.
>>
>>46217018
>Hard mode: Explain why using this ability is so risky.
Easy, it costs HP to use!
Alternatively, it applies a significant debuff.
>>
"If you want to fight so badly then inhale some of this, and fight for air!"

My character is just a pirate smuggler who's not above biological/chemical warfare.
>>
>>46217018
"Get shit on, nerds."

I then proceed to ventilate them with my gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 414x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 414x338
"SUPAH RAINBOW OVAHDRIVVUU"
Playing a JoJo game and my character was a Hamon user with a stand that has various multicolored parts.
He tried sending his ripple through 30 ft of stone and rolled a crit. His very confused opponent got struck by a storm of rainbow lightning and promptly passed out.
>>
>>46217018
>Last dance, put some soul into it!
It's literally a series of moves so fast and intense he's just gassed after and a stiff breeze will knock him over
>>
>>46217018
"Get fucked, Sweden"
The spell requires me to burn down an Ikea store and bathe in the flames. I am only slightly fire retardant.
>>
File: image.png (892 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
892 KB, 1334x750
>>46221410
Forgot about hard mode, whoops.

To do the super move, my character has to expend all of his Hamon energy as well as the Hamon stored in his stand. This renders him almost completely defenseless until he can take the time to catch his breath.
>>
File: 1456455950253.png (487 KB, 500x895) Image search: [Google]
1456455950253.png
487 KB, 500x895
>>46217018
"THAT'S IT, NOW I'M MAD!"

Playing an extremely chill guy who is pretty much a Berserker that is hard to get mad - I roll an extremely high Will save everytime I want to use violence, and if I fail the roll - the character refuses to get violent and GM tells me to try and find an alternate solution until something provokes my character again.

But if I succeed the save - my character gets really pissed, and will not die, stop, be stopped or calm down before he kills the thing that pissed him off.
>>
"Pull down your socks & grab your cocks cause it's time to shit!"
>>
>>46217018
"Hold my beer and watch this"

I played a drunken brawler fratboy monk who always manages to keep a steady hand on his booze while pulling off attacks and feats of acrobatics.
>>
>>46217018
"Ducktales, Woo Hoo"
When summoning the force 10 spirit he'd been saving for special occasions to crash an assault gunship. The binding of said spirit had occured several sessions previously and almost killed my mage and effectively burnt his body out to such a degree the party members jokingly called him Sheev.
>>
>>46221917
>Someone saved the Eurocop picture I always post
Hey hey hey
>>
File: 1455053848912.png (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1455053848912.png
1 MB, 1500x1500
>>46217018
"An' ye, though I walk threugh th' valleh o' th' Shadow o' Death, I shall fear no evil, fer Thy art with me! Thy art my shield an' my protecteh."
Thus speak'th th' Words o' Pelor, exalted is He!
Amen!
>>
>>46217018
"Yes! Yes!! YES!! I've ALWAYS wanted an excuse to use this one!!"

Mainly because the character in question is a Super Soldier Project #237, whose Controller is very stringent about what techniques and abilities she will and will not allow him to activate and utilize on the field. For fuck's sake, even he doesn't consciously know what some of those ingrained, subcon-programmed skills are, but he's really keen to find out.
>>
>>46221410
Was his stand's name In Rainbows?
>>
>>46217018
"Nah fuck it" as my character primes the plastic explosives in his cyber arm, fires the said arm like a rocket at the enemy and escapes with a sly grin across his mug. As for why it's dangerous? Well, i am throwing my good arm at them and the arm has explosives designed to take out tanks in it.
>>
>>46220467

Same setting, an elder NPC who basically has a magical nuke attached to their soul.

"Now you will see the brightest flame in all creation... Watch closely. It is the last thing you will ever see."

The scary side? It sets fire to magic. In a setting where all living things respire magic. Spellcasting turns to fire, your breath turns to fire, your body turns to fire. Everything burns. It's a spell which can lay waste to armies, to countries, to continents.

The bad side? It uses your soul as kindling. Even if you survive (which is rare), you lose all ability to cast magic for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 1453286735079.png (322 KB, 900x1454) Image search: [Google]
1453286735079.png
322 KB, 900x1454
>>46221055
>that pic
your doing it wrong
>>
>>46223241
We had something like that, for transmutation. Basically, transmutation spells were this-to-that - water-to-air, earth-to-ice, air-to-earth, fire-to-water, that sort of thing.

Fighting one of the BBEG's biggest Generals, we'd knocked him down to critical levels, drained all his power and were demanding his surrender. His response was to spit at us, call us cowards and curse our names. Then he unleashed one final spell, one we hadn't thought possible.

Soul-to-Fire.

The whole capital burned that night. And for five days after. Every hydromancer in every neighboring province was called in, and all they could do was contain the blaze.
>>
>>46217018
>"Choke on it."

It's risky because she jumped out of a fucking airship and landed on the BBEG's head with the setting equivalent of the Lance of Longinus.

>Pros: Broke down the villain's defences and prevented his regeneration for just long enough to put him in the ground for good

>Cons: Shattered limbs, severe windburn

Worth
>>
>>46217018
"I-I'm sorry!"
>removes soul
>makes a Wisdom degeneration roll
>>
"In that case, I'll need to use my ultimate attack!"
It's just a regular halberd strike.
He says that before every attack.
>>
>>46217018
He wouldn't say anything. The person he's doing it to would know why.

It's risky because he's an assassin; this is his last mission and he has no plans for escaping.
>>
"Get fucked, nigger"
The enemy, entirely unused to being called a nigger in politically correct media (especially if not black), will lower his guard momentarily in shock, allowing the attack to do crippling damage.
>>
>>46217018
>"Ave Imperator."

It's risky because it's Emperor-damned Holocaust and the Psyker literally has to burn their own soul as fuel to make it work.
>>
"I can see everything you do. Mind Palace!"

On one hand, 100% accurate prediction of one enemy's thoughts and actions.

On the other: tunnel vision, near useless against spaghetti factories (or anyone who actively chooses not to think while fighting), and severe migraines. Dear lord the migraines.
>>
Quote:Ahahahahahahaha, you are SO going down!
Power: Call upon my kill-sat to atomize the poor fucker in front of me.
Danger: He's right in front of me. Like 5ft away.
Collateral damage much?
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77 KB, 600x536) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77 KB, 600x536
5e Paladin, attempt at max smiting with the last of my Spells
"I'm going to rip your skull off and use it as my god damn cod piece!"

>Why its risky
Because its obviously way too try hard to take seriously, I was angry, and I said it before I made my roll.
>But anon, that just sounds really fucking lame, why is that risky?
I game with all women save for myself.
Girls were literally watching.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.