[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Book scanning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: pdf.png (35 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
pdf.png
35 KB, 512x512
Alright, I've got some game books I want to scan.

No scanner, and an affordable one would be slow a fuck, and a nicer one would be my gaming budget for the year when I don't plan on getting much more use out of it. I've already asked friends, nobody has more than a flatbed scanner I can use.

Where do you guys go to get your books scanned?
>>
>>46215288
I am curious about that myself. They have a office that does that at school, but they have to cut the book up. I was hoping there might be an affordable hand scanner.
>>
File: 1380763021345.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1380763021345.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>46215668
>affordable hand scanner.
Magic wand. I have one, less than 50$ maybe, puts it right on an sd card as image or pdf, single pages at a time. It's only wide enough for standard A4 paper, doesn't do well with the center book crease so if there isn't a wide blank margin on the inside it's shit on the inner edge, it's run by hand so it's tricky to get it autistic-consistent.
It's perfect for RPG sheets so you always have a backup if you lose it before the next game, just scanning at the end of the session. Plus then you don't worry about losing the sheets even after the campaign.

You want to chop up the book. It's worth it. One book is a noble sacrifice so every anon can have a high quality PDF.

What's my scanning problem?
I'm too embarrassed to bring niche out of print geeky RPG books and comics to a fucking office or god forbid an actual Staples, etc, scanning location.

>"What's that?"
>"Uhhhhh"
>>
Bumping for replies
>>
>>46217477
last bump for the night
>>
>>46215288

Mind saying what it is you intend to scan?
>>
>>46215288
There's probably a scan of it already.
>>
>>46216121

You'll probably just have to bite the bullet and do that. I've scanned a book for a friend in the past and that's what I had to do.
>>
>>46223507
Do which? Find someone I know with the scanning stuff, or awkwardly show up at some office service?
>That's what I did
Was it a Staples, Library, school office... ?
The question is waiting for a quiet day I can slip it through with no one noticing.

>>46219023
Old out of print furry stuff. Hence I am extra embarrassed about getting it scanned. Not like it's lewd or anything, just awkward. Worth it when it's done, the scans right now are pretty bad.
>>
>>46223578
But is it /tg/ related?

I've known a few people to just carefully weigh down the pages, and photograph each page one by one with a camera. It takes ages, doesn't give you much help as a .pdf (unless you get one of those text-detection softwares), but it works and doesn't require any extra equipment.

Then again, it depends on what you want to use it for. If you want just a handy page reference for when you don't have the book, that'll do. If you want to preserve it inside your hard drive indefinitely, maybe not.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.