[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in the Heart of the Cards? Has it ever paid off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: heart.jpg (128 KB, 1176x900) Image search: [Google]
heart.jpg
128 KB, 1176x900
Do you believe in the Heart of the Cards?
Has it ever paid off?
>>
>>46215084
It literally never pays off when I try it.

By not trying at all, my deck will most of the time feed me something useful, though.
>>
Well, there was one time I was in a duel where we were both tied to bombs, which were rigged to explode and kill whoever lost. I needed to win in order to restore not only the stolen soul of my grandpa, but also a slew of other hostages.
Thankfully, I drew the exact card I needed to win, and I escaped while my opponent failed to activate the secret safety switch and ended up dying.

When it came to believing in the Heart of the Cards, it helps when you've got a lot on the line.
>>
>>46215178
You need to believe, anon.
>>
I did it during a commander game one time with my Trostani deck. Was hoping to topdeck one of my fogs to survive but drew my Selesnya Charm instead. I was bummed at first then looked at the card, looked at my opponent's board, looked back to the charm.
Then I was able to get rid of their big guy and swing for the win.
>>
>>46215300
I used to, but it didn't work out.

Instead, I just build a deck with chaos in mind and my deck answers the call by letting me wreak havoc any time that the game state is about to stabilize.
>>
>>46215084
Yes.
No.
>>
>>46215084

His version of "heart of the cards" was cheating to make up for his patchwork deck composition. So no.
>>
>>46215084
>Do you believe in the Heart of the Cards?
I haven't tried stacking my deck many times, but I won't say I've never tried.
>Has it ever paid off?
Not once.
>>
>>46215843
True.

Though he wasn't aware of it at the time.
>>
>>46215084
It paid off once. Game 3 for 1st place of my local FNM. It's Esper Dragons mirror match, I'm sitting at 5 and hes at 3 life and I've burned through most of my deck, and so has he. I top deck Haven of the Spirit dragon, play it, sac it to get Ugin from my yard, play him and bolt him for the win.
>>
>>46215084
no
yes
>>
File: [Aroused snickering].png (993 KB, 829x450) Image search: [Google]
[Aroused snickering].png
993 KB, 829x450
>>46215084
The pecs, the tongue and the firm buttocks are all too integral parts to put your faith in.
>>
>>46215084
Got a friend who not only does, but has the luck of God as well. I am hilariously unlucky so I tend to build stupidly consistent decks, the problem my opponents run into is since i'very gotten great at deckbuilding, I got bored with the game itself and devoted my decks from then on out not to win, but to drag as much ass as humanly possible and Fuck up all possible board states, this goes in magic, yu-gi-oh and force of will.
>>
>>46216301
Are you an athiest cleric too?
>>
>>46215084

My faith is unwavering
Sometimes
>>
File: tzeentch.jpg (244 KB, 1024x1117) Image search: [Google]
tzeentch.jpg
244 KB, 1024x1117
>>46215342
>>
>>46215084
Once.
Friendly lichen game of mtg.
To win I needed to top deck my blightsteel colossus. Had the mana to play him with quicksilver amulet and could attach swift foot boots.

I didn't even draw to my hand, I went full on and flipped the top card from library straight to battlefield.

There he was.
Just said to my friend, can you deal with that or do I come in for exact?
>>
>>46215943
Yugi wasn't. Yami was 100% aware of it
>>
>>46215084
Basically whenever I play Yugioh. I have a friend who's really into it, and occasionally badgers me into playing. We use dueling network, and every time we've played, without fail, I end up winning against his actual tournament ready decks by top decking my shitty, thrown together in ten minutes six samurai deck.
>>
Strongly. Whenever I play Hearthstone and I'm in a win or die situation, I envision what card I need to win...and many times it has actually happened
>>
Not anymore. These days I call cards instead, especially my opponents'.
>>
>>46215084
Yes.
Only if I truly believe there's no chance I can win whatever game I'm playing.

Basically, HotC only works when I'm suffering.
>>
>>46215084
Yep. I've gotten some great turnarounds through bullshit when I believed in my deck.

Although, I know someone that has a much better chance at that bullshit than I do. Fuck him, you shouldn't be allowed that much luck in TCGs.
>>
At a friday night magic thing, first time ever going to one. Brought a B/W deck, was playing a R/B deck.

Per the norm, I start healing myself and pinging him for damage with my Vampires. He starts flinging direct damage spells, so that even with my healing, we end up on Turn 4 or 5 with me 7HP lower than him.

"It's considered polite to surrender if you're going to lose, saves time."

I check around, and there are exactly 0 teams who are finished.

"Sorry, but if you don't mind, I'll play this through. You never know what will turn up."

Proceeded to get my Cliffhaven Vampire the turn after, and that was pretty much GG.
>>
I have a friend who plays Krosmaster with an Ecaflip only team (Kerubim plus 2x Dani O'Shun) and he is always super lucky when he plays with that team (draw the right rewards, always rolls critical hits). Does that count?
>>
>>46215084
Yes and yes.
>>
>>46215270
go to bed, Yugi
don't you have kids to send back in time and tank tops to show off your sweet biceps?
>>
>>46215084

Sometimes. Playing for #1 in mtg coreset 2012 against qt3.14. Both running red/black bloodthirst, 3rd game. I'm at 1, she's at 2 and I'm out of cards and creatures, about to lose. Topdeck a shock and win. Shake hands, etc etc

She gets my contact info from the organizer and asks me out. Great nerdy relationship for 4 months.

>the heart of the cards paid off for my heart
>>
Because it's been successful enough times in my Commander circle, "C'mmmooonn JACE" has become a meme in my group.

Every now and then I get >46215324 instead, but that's less often.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.