[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135
File: magic primer.png (2 MB, 1401x1800) Image search: [Google]
magic primer.png
2 MB, 1401x1800
Random fag got tired of waiting for a new thread edition.
Don't hate me.

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Formatting Guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://digital-art-gallery.com/
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/
http://photojoiner.net/
http://www.fotor.com/features/photo-stitch.html

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj
>>
File: Sascha Levenne.png (213 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sascha Levenne.png
213 KB, 375x523
Have a bump. And a shitty CMC1 PW seeing someone else's attempt at last thread inspired me to make.
>>
File: Scorching Wave.jpg (39 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Scorching Wave.jpg
39 KB, 375x523
>>
>>
File: S01-UR-14 Flameslash.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
S01-UR-14 Flameslash.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
>>
>4 replies
>none of the last three responding to the first or each other
Let it die. Try again later when people want to talk cards and not just spam shit.
>>
File: Darkest Night.png (252 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Darkest Night.png
252 KB, 375x523
I've spent so long thinking in binary logic and set operators I'm now halfway convinced that "nonblack creature" could mean a creature that's any color(s) other than black, even if it's also black.

Anyway, have a thing. There's probably a few different perfectly legal ways to word it because math.

>>46217279
I get the connection, but name is too close to Flame Slash. Nicely flavorful.

>>46215720
I always like WR cards that combine the colors in an interesting way. White and blue both dabble in tap-fuckery, but for what it's worth white leans more toward "untap all creatures you control" and blue more toward "tap all creatures you don't control".

>>46215355
I can'f really into planeswalker balance, but it doesn't seem like this will ever wind up doing much. But I guess that's apropos of a 1-mana walker.
>>
File: Tempestual Reversal.jpg (37 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Tempestual Reversal.jpg
37 KB, 375x523
How does this sound for an ability word for a "Legends Matter" set?

Tale — As long as you control a creauture named [Legend] or your commander is a card with that name, [effect].

As an example, see pic.
>>
File: Godos Conquest.jpg (153 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Godos Conquest.jpg
153 KB, 750x1046
>>46219416
Rightttt. Name stuff. Will change it.
Nice, flavourful card btw.

>>46219529
I get it, but I hate it. You can make one of's with that idea, and even then, they have to be still good most of the time; your card is actually pretty good, all things considered (wanting that mechanic, and a hard counterspell that by today's T2 standard is aptly costed).
I rather have something like Metalcraft + devotion:

Temestual Reversal
1UU
Fable/Saga -- If you control two or more white or red legendary permanents, you may pay W/R. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Here, I love doing freebies with Anon's mechanics.
>>
>>46219769
What my plan is with the effect is to make the cards either gain a new function or have an associated cost with it. Like, one puts samurai tokens into play equal to attacking creatures. If the associated legend is around and it's your turn, you put them in tapped and attacking, turning it from a block maker to a full swing aggro card.
>>
>>46219842
But that's awful and parasitic design. You can make /a/ card with that idea; even a cycle if you wanted, but not a mechanic.
>>
>>46219862
Even in a limited environment?
>>
File: index.jpg (220 KB, 1125x523) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
220 KB, 1125x523
Thoughts on pseudo-nephilims?
>>
File: Wrath From Within.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Wrath From Within.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
>>46221217
>Orzhov
Doesn't really feel WB. Sure, it cares about health but it doesn't do anything with it in a WB way.
>Rakdos
Solid, not really strong but good.
>Zealous
Solid, fits the colors.
>>
File: Urza Legendary Artificer.jpg (40 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Urza Legendary Artificer.jpg
40 KB, 375x523
i hope you like him and he is not much over the top. i would love to let him be able to be a commander as well but i guess he is much to strong to be played as an EDH commander... also i think its much more importend that he has to be colorless.
>>
>>46222144
oops i forgot the main question.
how much loyality should he start with? whats your opinion?
>>
File: index.jpg (1 MB, 1125x2615) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
1 MB, 1125x2615
Tried to make some more. Not happy with all of them, but what can you do.

>>46221546
>Wrath From Within
I feel like you might as well give the creature haste since making it harder to cast and easier to counter than pyroclasm is quite the downside.

>>46222144
How is this white? Artifact dudes are usually U, R or both depending on what they do.
Apart from that the card is pretty.weak. At 6 mana you're probably not going to need much help casting things and the -3 is super slow. I think reworking his abilities would be better than just making it start at high loyalty. Urza is a dick anyway so low loyalty is more appropriate too. Considering how bonkers he is in the lore though I don't think it's actually possible to make a satisfactory card that isn't OP as fuck. Good luck.
>>
File: Flintfur.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Flintfur.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
>>46223733
The thing about WFW is it makes some effects really strong. For example. if you use it on a lifelink creature you'll heal a bunch, or a death touch creature will be a wipe. A poison creature would give everyone -1/-1 counters. And the prime imporant feature is, it would help you trigger the abilities of Ninjutsu creatures like pic related.
>>
>>46224980
Giving the creature haste doesn't really change any of that. I mean, haste is only useful if you played that creature that turn so we're looking at 5-6 mana for a wipe with upside and two cards, which I think is perfectly fine. And ninjutsu would require even more mana. And that's not even considering that it kind of works against itself in that it's a boardwipe that only works in a creature heavy deck.

>Flintfur
Ninjutsu could be 1R, and you don't need the "from your hand" part.
>>
File: Janglebones the Spooker.png (318 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Janglebones the Spooker.png
318 KB, 375x523
BOO
>>
>>46219894
It's even worse in a limited environment as you don't have the required card density.
>>
>>46223733
Assault Manata seems like a big stretch. For RG you get a flyer that cares about other flyers. Also, Mantas are Fish, not Birds.

Trueborn Weird is good and elegantly designed, unlike most of the others.

Stubborn Lawkeeper contains an interesting idea, but is way too niche.

Similarly, Slimy High Priest has a neat downside, but will rarely be relevant - they can't respond to you casting a spell to stop extort triggers from going on the stack, so they will just kill it in your upkeep.
>>
>>46225203
You don't capitalize keywords unless it's at the beginning of a sentence or a list. Whenever you cast a "Skeleton Spell," do something. Multiple redundant preservation effects just make it look crowded.

>>46222144
Kinda boring and not that impressive imo bro.

>>46219769
Any reason you're specifying red legendaries rather than any? I like the equipment tutor and the callback to Godo.
>>
File: Eternal Watcher.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Watcher.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
Thoughts?
>>
File: Ulvenwald Hydra.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ulvenwald Hydra.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
To keep the MtG spoiler thread from devolving into a worse /ccg/, I'm posting this here.

It's a part of an attempt to see whether we could design a suitably flavorful Innistrad hydra at legendary, in mono-green. This is my attempt.
>>
>>46230376
Not quite so eternal. I'd like it better if it only made one token, or if it a made token that was a copy of itself, or it was a 3/3 and made a 2/2 then a 1/1 (and re-costed as appropriate.)

>>46230452
Creatures (and other non-Aura permanents) can just have "can't be countered" as they don't ever fizzle. I think it's dumb. You cast it for 5 mana and then your opponent spends 6 to kill it and draw three cards. A "Hunted Hydra" variant could be better, but Hydras and Clues seem incredibly out of place together.
>>
File: Mardu Windwatcher.png (222 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mardu Windwatcher.png
222 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Reserved Knuckleblade.png (248 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Reserved Knuckleblade.png
248 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Ordained Minister.png (233 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ordained Minister.png
233 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46230193
Just think it should be two permanents of any given color you want in the card. Godo is a badass monored warlord, and the extra attack phase is one of the most flavourful red mechanics. So that's why I chose two legendary red permanents.

Glad you like it! :D
>>
File: Death Pact.png (268 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Death Pact.png
268 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Irrational Prophet.png (275 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Irrational Prophet.png
275 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Harvest Season.png (297 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Harvest Season.png
297 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Spellsculpt.png (317 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Spellsculpt.png
317 KB, 375x523
A more flexible Radiate.
>>
File: Bringer of the Clear Dawn.png (212 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Bringer of the Clear Dawn.png
212 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Cognate Observatory.png (204 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Cognate Observatory.png
204 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Greased Lightning.png (316 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Greased Lightning.png
316 KB, 375x523
xD
>>
File: Ulamogs Breeder.png (237 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ulamogs Breeder.png
237 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Acolyte of Kozilek.png (258 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Acolyte of Kozilek.png
258 KB, 375x523
>>
So Return to Zendikar is widely regarded as underwhelming and disappointing. Armed with hindsight, how would you have designed the block?
>>
File: index.jpg (224 KB, 1125x523) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
224 KB, 1125x523
>>46229793
For some reason I remembered Cloudfin raptor as a hybrid. Tried fixing High Priest but a BG that cares about Humans seemed weird so I canned it.
>Trueborn Weird is good and elegantly designed, unlike most of the others.
Gotta start somewhere. Thanks for the feedback.

>>46233400
While it's fine balance wise as an instant it really doesn't make sense for a harvest themed card to not be a sorcery.

>>46233374
You can just say "Choose X". Discard tends to be sorcery speed in the vast majority of cases so I think it should be a sorcery.

>>46230810
How about replacing the second ability with Dash 2RR?

>>46230452
As the other anon said Hydras caring about clues is weird. Personally I would have been fine with a reverse undercosted Essence of the Wild or something. Anything that isn't a big dumb beatstick that doesn't do anything new, really.
>>
>>46235992
Thats a pretty sweet design. Screw you, counterspells or Combat tricks to save the target.
>>
So <> costs were, flavor wise, introduced entirely for the sake of the Eldrazi. While even black or colorless has sympathetic characters, the Eldrazi are omnidestructive alien beings impossible to identify with in any way.

Can someone design a <> creature, legendary creature, or even planeswalker who is decidedly a good guy? Or at least neutral erring on the side of altruistic? I realize this raises the question of what sort of non-Eldrazi creature would require colorless mana rather than simply having a number cost.
>>
>>46238665
>So Return to Zendikar is widely regarded as underwhelming and disappointing.
Well, if I didn't hear people saying the same things about EVERY set, this might actually hold some meaning. I mean, all I here whenever people talk about a set is the same shit about how bad it is. Is that just me?
>>
>>46241141
Easy: print an Ulamog in Return to New Phyrexia. Tearing up a whole plane of bad guys makes you a good guy, at least temporarily.

>>46241147
Not just you, but definitely some cognitive bias involved. New Zen and Tarkir were kind of stinkers, is all.
Theros was fine and SOI is going over great so far. RTR block and INN block both ruled until their third sets; ZEN block and SoM block started well and ended on fantastic third sets.
>>
>>46241581
Well, only been around since Theros. Just bad luck?
>>
File: index.jpg (230 KB, 1125x523) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
230 KB, 1125x523
Not sure if Treasure should be XGGG.
>>
>>46243276
I mean, the effect costs 2G for a card of any CMC, so I'd say it's weak even at XG.
>>
>>46243409
It's instant speed though.
>>
>>46243468
Oh, I missed that. I don't know how much I like that -- history makes it feel like an effect that should be sorcery speed -- but I don't actually think it changes the card's utility much in this case, since most of the cost will be paid with delve anyway (meaning you don't gain much mana from the flexibility of doing it end step). I still think it's fine at XG, though I would no longer call it weak.
>>
>>46241581

>Ulamog in Return to New Phyrexia

I want an Eldrazi vs. Yawgmoth big bad throwdown.

tfw the hype backfires and both parties come back from the conflict with the attributes of each.
>>
>>46241141
Easy. Just make a <> mana card out of Karn
>>
Hey guys so I'm playing around with an ability I came up with. I call it sandstorm and it works that a permanent enters with how ever many "sand counters" and loses one each upkeep. Some things will have to wait to lose their counters to gain an ability and others will have an ability as long as they have them.
>>
File: Vicious Compulsion.png (854 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Vicious Compulsion.png
854 KB, 750x1046
>>
File: Relius The Puppeteer.jpg (96 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Relius The Puppeteer.jpg
96 KB, 752x523
>>46243943
Why versus? Eldrazi compleation.
>>
File: CHkBl3PUwAAArjm.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
CHkBl3PUwAAArjm.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>>46246166
Thought this was garbage until I realized you could target creatures you don't control.

Permanent creature removal isn't blue.
>>
File: Sealed Sarcophagus.jpg (85 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Sealed Sarcophagus.jpg
85 KB, 752x523
>>46246166
Unfortunately, Wizards has never made a card that doles out all the abilities of another permanent that doesn't turn something into a copy. The only precedence is for activated abilities.
>>
>>46246166
This is a lot of pie breaking for what looks like a forced top down design.

>>46246096
This is more red/black, or even mono red at a stretch, than blue/black. Blue gets to straight up draw cards. Black and red are the ones that have additional costs to their draws, but get to do so for less mana.

>>46245664
Seems too similar to fading/vanishing, which I think still has a lot of design space. Sandstorm likely doesn't sac the creatures when out of sand, but I don't like abilities that don't do anything themselves, and depend on other abilities for an effect.

>>46243276
Taste of Victory is neat.
Earth's Treasure should be fine at XGG.
Hellghast is meh. It wants to go in an aggro shell, but punishes you for being in an aggro shell. I'd rather see that downside on a mid-rangier creature.
>>
>>46249145
I feel like the costs should be flipped - cheaper cast, higher activated.

>>46241147
While doomsaying is the norm, people usually like some aspect about each set/block (eg, Theros had a very low power level but the themes and flavor were well regarded, people hated dragons but loved khans). I haven't seen anything positive about BFZ/OGW.
>>
File: Goddess of Fetility.jpg (53 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Goddess of Fetility.jpg
53 KB, 375x523
I just realized I have no idea how to make cards that do stuff with lands.
>>
File: Living Dream.png (233 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Living Dream.png
233 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Frozen Flame.png (274 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Flame.png
274 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46249379
Feels a little meh, maybe reverse the costs?
>>
>Finally getting into MtG
>Wanna make a bunch of fodder and/or decent grunt creatures
>Banana crab, cider spider, crab with a stick, walking stick, etc.

Imma give this a shot.
>>
>>46249414
Main idea was to have the flashback be much cheaper than the upfront cost. Could change to tap-and-doesnt-untap rather than twiddle.
>>
>>46249468
Post your stuff here. But if you want to post a lot of cards at once, please post as one image with PhotoJoiner, link at the top.
>>
>>46249588
I do like cheap flashback, but not at the cost of being too expensive from hand. Shock + Twiddle is R + U, far short of 2UR. Normally, putting multiple effects on one card is more efficient and therefore more expensive, but when the effects don't really play together at all as in this case, that doesn't really hold true. This is more like a modal spell than a spell with two effects, in practice -- and as charms show, you cost modal spells pretty aggressively.
The same applies even if you change twiddle to freeze; damage and tap are contradictory effects.
>>
>>46249379
>untap
Not just you, but I'm really getting tired of this "damage your own creature for an upside" mechanic.
>>
File: Lost Myr.png (863 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Lost Myr.png
863 KB, 750x1046
>>
>>46235777

>Translation: "Lose your least valuable card, you can play everybody else's least valuable card"
>Unless of course there is no color overlap between you, in which case all the fun of this card is rendered moot point
>Doesn't require tapping, so if you have a hand advantage and know your opponent can't benefit from your cards you can exile their entire hand with impunity. Hell, you can de-hand an entire multiplayer game.

I don't think you got the effect you were looking for, anon.
>>
>>46249318

Gods are always legendary enchantment creatures.
>>
>>46252646
Just because they were that in theros doesn't mean they have to be that forever.
>>
>>46249145

Word changes:

"Put a colorless artifact -token- named Canopic Jar onto the battlefield."

"Only if you control four or more -artifacts- named Canopic Jar."

"Sacrifice an -artifact- named Canopic Jar"

"When you control no -artifacts- named Canopic Jar"

Alternatively, just use charge counters. I know it's not as flavorful, and it means your opponent can't destroy the weak points like he's a video game boss, but it really simplifies things.
>>
>>46252466
Love the flavor text, and the scry on tap.
>>
File: Bismuth_Myr.png (328 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Bismuth_Myr.png
328 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46256057
Really weak. Way overcosted considering you can only activate it's ability every other turn, and it only taps for colorless. Also, art looks like a land.
>>
>>46249145
The artifact side wants to be indestructible as well, too easy to be shattered in response to the activated ability.
>>
File: Midsummer Nights Dream.jpg (55 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Midsummer Nights Dream.jpg
55 KB, 375x523
>>46252901
>>46257312
Eh, I'll probably change tokens to counters, but I doubt I'll really work on it any time soon. It was really just something I wanted to get down quickly. But thanks for the advice.
>>
File: Rebuttal card.png (291 KB, 396x554) Image search: [Google]
Rebuttal card.png
291 KB, 396x554
You know what legacy was missing? More broken 0-cost counters.
>>
File: Sith Alchemy.jpg (41 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sith Alchemy.jpg
41 KB, 375x523
>>46258476
>>
>>46235748
way to complete the cycle, anon.
>>
>>46257096

The art is placeholder. It's just Wastes.

I did not want to buff it too much because:

1. As long as it's not affected by summoning sickness, it can pretty much always avoid death, and give you <> on its way out

2. You can always bring it back. It is essentially always in your hand

3. EZ chump block into exile

4. Hedron Crawler is {2}, and it's strictly worse than the mana myr for some reason. The Eldrazi are also all about sacrificing chumps for {c}. I was trying to strike a balance.

I thought really hard about costing this at {2}, but being able to cast something from exile is a really strong ability for a card that can exile itself at will. It's like it has a better regenerate, but only if it isn't affected by summoning sickness.
>>
>>46259676
Dude. You're paying 3 mana for 1 mana. Why would people play that card when they could just play paladium myr?
>>
File: Cealla Cathain Threadcutter.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Cealla Cathain Threadcutter.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
I like this concept but have no idea how to word it without getting ridiculous.
>>
>>46260967
I wouldn't bother, repeatable fateseal is broken.
>>
File: Mythform.png (329 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mythform.png
329 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46260967
>Whenever you scry, put a thread counter on ~. (Note, this should be the FULL NAME)
>Remove X thread counters from @: Look at the top X cards of target player's library. Put any number of them on the bottom of that library in any order and the rest on top of the library in any order.
>>
File: One Mana Walker.png (103 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
One Mana Walker.png
103 KB, 375x523
I think Investigate could allow for a planeswalker to cost like one mana or something.
>>
>>46261066
Drawing a card makes this seem a little too good to me.
Also, great choice on the art
>>
>>46261094
>Tybalt, Master Detective
>>
>>46261102
Original design had flash instead of cantripping, people said it was a little too weak. Could adjust the p/t again.
>>
>>46261057
Damn. Is that why the mechanic was never really implemented? I'm just now getting back into mtg after years of hiatus so forgive me for still being pretty unfamiliar with the meta.
>>
>>46261250
It's both very powerful and very unfun.
>>
>>46261250
It basically doesn't work because lands are a thing.
>>
>>46261120
Giving it flash would make it very week, while this current version is very strong; this is probably the best version of it.

It might be interesting if it let you look at your opponent's hand, so you could see if they had removal.
It would probably make sense to put that effect before the "enchant creature" clause, so that you can enchant a less important creature if they do turn out to have removal.
Sorry, I'm rambling
>>
>>46261330
I don't think that would work. You'd still have to choose targets before the spell resolved.
>>
>>46261346
shit, you're right. never mind.
>>
>>46259999
Damn, nice quads.

>>46259676
It costs 3 mana, and only generates one. It can only block without dying every other turn, can only generate mana once before you have to recast it, and being able to cast something from exile doesn't matter if it's awful. It probably wouldn't be good at {1}. You're seriously overvaluing recursion on this.
>>
>>46261066
You can keep the cantrip if you reduce the pump or increase the cost.

>>46258331
This is way too much repeated life gain.
>>
>>46261944
I don't think it's too much lifegain. I mean, it costs 7 mana: by then, you could have just won with scapeshift.
>>
>>46261979
It's not going to see play in any competitive format where Scapeshift is legal. Where it does see play in casual formats it's not going to be fun to play against. I mean, on top of ramping you from 7 to 14, you're gaining 7 life each turn. Nissa's Renewal is a good 6 mana card, and it only ramps you +3 and gives you 6 life once.
>>
File: Burrowing Wurm.png (279 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Burrowing Wurm.png
279 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46246706
Wording it so that it stops being an artifact when it became unattached was both a mess and a nightmare.
But true.

>>46249145
Then let's make it happen. =P I've seen enough stuff we make into official cards. The most recent case is Skulk.

>>46249149
It is.

>>46249318
The second ability is great. Possibly only going to be played because of it, especially if with Greater Good or something similar.

>>46249355
Something like this should have been printed.
Not up to date with SOI, but you might even be able to cost 1, or lifepay.

>>46249379
Way overcosted.

>>46252466
That's actually great.

I have a thing for rocks being 2 mana, but I don't think you can afford it in this case.
>>46253841
+1

>>46258476
I somewhat like it. The part I don't like is that it's really good. Heh.

>>46258573
The alternate cost is a bit high.

>>46261066
Get rid of the cantrip, make it +3/+3 and UR. GG.
>>
File: Sublime Shaper.png (873 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Sublime Shaper.png
873 KB, 750x1046
Eldroozi.
>>
>>46262683
Wouldn't work as you likely intend, because of layers. The last ability needs to not be a static ability, and has to either trigger at the beginning of some step or be part of his activated pump ability.

I'm also not seeing the red nor the colorlessness.
>>
>>46256057
Download MSE.
>>
File: index.jpg (274 KB, 1500x523) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
274 KB, 1500x523
Does anyone have any ideas for alcohol related stuff that isn't coinflips?
>>
File: alc Godslayer Brew.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
alc Godslayer Brew.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
>>46262909
>>
File: Lunkhead Liqueur.png (236 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Lunkhead Liqueur.png
236 KB, 375x523
>>46262909
Steal everything from Bastion. Then there's always Liquid Courage, La Fee Verte, Kamikaze/Zombie and any number of fancy cocktail names that could translate to game mechanics. Really when you get down to it, fantasy booze are just potions.
>>
>>46262909
+X/+0 until end of turn, doesn't untap on your next untap step
>>
File: Intercept Orders.jpg (33 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Intercept Orders.jpg
33 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46252646
On Theros.
>>
>>46246096
Love the reference to Compulsion.
>>
File: index.jpg (447 KB, 2252x523) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
447 KB, 2252x523
>>
>>46264957
>white counterspells
stop that

also, wanderlust is PREPOSTEROUSLY powerful at 2 cmc, what the FUCK are you thinking?
>>
File: Stabsinthe.jpg (34 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Stabsinthe.jpg
34 KB, 375x523
>>46261944
>This is way too much repeated life gain.
Uh, maybe give your lands the ability to T for 2 life?

>>46262594
>The second ability is great.
Another card where the second ability draws the eye! Kinda strange, but OK.

>>46262594
>The alternate cost is a bit high.
Well, I don't want it to be strictly better than Diabolic Tutor, even at a higher rarity. Well, do you have any ideas? I'd either change it the mana cost to 4B then make it "Sac one creature, pay 4 life." Or I could do something like Sinister Concoction and make it "Pay 1 life, mill yourself 1, discard a card, sac a creature." I'll have to tinker with it.

>>46263048
Let me try.
>>
File: index.jpg (150 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
150 KB, 750x523
>>46265200
>stop that
Fine then.

>Wanderlust
I fucked up the wording; it's not supposed to be a pseudo-fateseal. Also made it less powerful. Still to good?
>>
File: Illusory Grove.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Illusory Grove.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46265528
yes
>>46266140
should cost more, realized as I was posting it
>>
>>46262683
no devoid?
>>
>>46266140
>>46266227
I don't think it's too overcosted. It's basically Spreading Seas that doesn't let you draw a card; the illusion effect isn't that bad on lands because anything that was gonna target them was gonna destroy them anyway.
>>
File: Witchhunters Shackles.jpg (29 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Witchhunters Shackles.jpg
29 KB, 375x523
>>46266426
I was thinking more along the lines of combos with twiddle and other blue fuckery for cheap land removal, but yeah, it's probably fine.
>>
bampo
>>
File: Big Dumb Sorcery.png (316 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Big Dumb Sorcery.png
316 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46270018
Meh. On average you clone half your lands and sac the other half for no net gain, but have to deal with a whole bunch of tokens. Ditto for the rest of your permanents where you're not likely up on board presence, and should have spent that 7 mana on a big dumb dragon instead.

>>46267371
This would be better as an Aura. You also kill anything that has a CDA for toughness.

>>46265528
Wanderlust - Exile the land, and let you play it until end of turn. It works as is, but people will confuse playing for putting.

I like Reparation Costs. (I also like mono white counterspells).

>>46264957
Bear Trap is dumb. This is repeatable free colorless removal. Again, better as an Aura.
>>
File: Dragonlords Eminence.png (286 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Dragonlords Eminence.png
286 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Kolaghan Windwatcher.png (260 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Kolaghan Windwatcher.png
260 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46270908
Costs one mana too much; make it 1W and Dash W
>>
File: Ruinizev2.jpg (41 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ruinizev2.jpg
41 KB, 375x523
>>46243276
>t1 hellghast
>t2 this
please
>>
File: index.jpg (316 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
316 KB, 750x1046
So has anyone tried to do balanced 1cmc planeswalkers before? It's probably garbage but I tried anyway.

>>46270555
A trap is clearly an artifact. I tried balancing it, but it's a bit wordy now.
What do you think of Wanderlust V2? I'm not actually sure which one I prefer now.
I'm glad someone else likes mono-white counterspells.

>>46271239
Care to elaborate on why it's called Ruinize? Sound more like a removal spell.
>>
File: Sunwielder.jpg (33 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sunwielder.jpg
33 KB, 375x523
>>46272207
One mana PW's always end up mediocre.
>>
File: izes v2.png (2 MB, 1882x523) Image search: [Google]
izes v2.png
2 MB, 1882x523
>>46272207
part of a cycle
>>
File: anthem cycle.jpg (367 KB, 1881x525) Image search: [Google]
anthem cycle.jpg
367 KB, 1881x525
what if glorious anthem was a cycle
>>
>>46272499
these are actually old versions logicize gives +3/+3 now and passionize is +3/+1
>>
>>46261057
>>46261326
>>46261315

repeatable fateseal is only "broken" because decks made nowadays relay on durdling into more cards.
Fateseal as a mechanic isnt broken, it's just really good vs the trash people make nowadays, and anything that actually breaks up the creature meta swiftly gets dogpiled by WotC into submission, and as an apology to every timmy player in existance they will then print a 5/5 for GG with regrowth stapled to it.
>>
>>46265200
>muh colorpie
>nO cOUNTERSPELL! WIZARDS HELP IM GETTING RAPED
stop that
>>
>>46272581
i love it. Beware, people are going to cry about the blue and black versions. I'd just ignore them.
>>
>>46264957
downtrodden slave doesnt need or deserve that first line. its fine without it.
>>
File: Bay-Slayer Angel.jpg (54 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Bay-Slayer Angel.jpg
54 KB, 375x523
>>46214854

Hellbent in Eldritch Moon would be funny,
>>
>>46273817
Being able to dictate an opponents draws is immensely powerful.
>>
File: Peppercorn.png (292 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Peppercorn.png
292 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Tinderhide Charger.png (302 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Tinderhide Charger.png
302 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46274019
>creature dump decks don't run any form of card draw
>look here is this mechanic that punishes that in an interesting way on a creature card that isnt abusable in any way
>"NO IT'S TOO GOOD WHAT IF I DONT HAVE MY (insert removal spell here) IN HAND OR MY WIN CONDITION BY TURN 3? JUDGE! HE ISN'T LETTING ME PLAY MINDLESS MAGIC! JUDGE! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING FUCKING BLUE CARDS BEING GOOD WIZARDS HURRY UP AND PRINT MY 9/9 FOR GG IT WOULD BE SO FAIR IT DIES TO DOOM BLADE."
>>
>>46273976
It would. it would be great. Only problem is what machanic will they then include to keep the meta from being "look i dump my hand, you dump your hand, lets see who won", and you know they wont do something as "unfun" as enabling noncreature strategies.
>>
File: Natural Burst.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Natural Burst.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46274141
Yeah because turn 1 targeted discard then being locked out of drawing anything you can use is great magic.
>>
>>46274307
>BUT WHAT IF THEY DURESS ME?
>look here is this mechanic that punishes that in an interesting way on a creature card that isnt abusable in any way
>...isnt abusable...
>BUT WHAT IF THEY DURESS ME WIZARDS HELP IM HAVING A STROKE REPRINT REGROWTH ON A CREATURE SO I WONT DIE.
>>
>>46274347
You really think fateseal without a bounded limit isn't abusable?
>>
File: Eternal Witness.full.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Witness.full.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>46274347
?
>>
>>46274424
"NO WIZARDS ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH IT NEEDS TO BE 1G FOR A 5/5 WITH REGROWTH PLEASE BLUE IS SO OP I NEED TO HAVE BROKEN I MEAN FAIR CARDS TO PLAY WITH"

>>46260967
>>46274404
>play a 4 mana 2/2 legendary that needs you to scry a number to ever fateseal that number
>"OH MAN YOU MUST BE INSANE LOOK WE NEED TO LIMIT THIS CARD IT DOESNT HAVE LIMITS"
>Not just bolting/pathing/doomblading/ect-ing it and not being a completer shill
>"BUT WIZARDS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO INTERACT WITH MY OPPONENT AND IF MY OPPONENT INTERACTS WITH ME YOU SHOULD BAN MORE BLUE CARDS AND MAKE COUNTERMAGIC 52 MANA BECAUSE IT'S UNFUN WOW"
>>
>>46274542
>Letting an opponent have kill spells
>>
>>46274566
>duress 1 for 1, turn 4 you still arnt doing anything and they play the creature, look you can play without fear of countermagic, look you havnt been touched by fateseal for the entire game. Oh btw they need another card to even begin fatesealing
>"MY OPPONENT USED 2 CARDS, ONE OF WHICH IS EXTREMELY WEAK WITHOUT THE COMBO, THE OTHER IS A 2/2 CREATURE FOR 4. WIZARDS PLEASE BAN AND NEVER PRINT THIS AGAIN IT'S TOO POWERFUL. Btw please unban twin that deck was fair tho, and make more turn 4 kill combos BUT NOT FATESEAL THATS OVERPOWERED GETTING SEMI LOCKED IS MORE OP THEN JUST LOSING THE GAME WIZARDS DONT YOU UNDERSTAND"
>>
>>46274678
Why would you tap out turn 4 for the wincon of a control deck?
>>
>>46272581
I just came to say 11/10 flavor text. You're a winner in my book.
>>
>>46274737
BECAUSE YOU WOULDNT BECAUSE IT WOULDNT ACTUALLY WIN YOU THE GAME YOU FUCKING KEK YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF WHATS GOING ON PLEASE KILL YOURSELF.
>>
>>46274768
You mean you can't win the game against an opponent who's either mana flooded or starved?
>>
>>46274768
>>46274678
>>46274542
>>46274347

lantern player detected
>>
>>46274768
Dawg, calm thyself. That is literally how Lantern control wins. Like, you can play around it, but for most decks, it's insanely hard.
>>
>>46274793
>"DONT PRINT THIS WIZARDS ITLL BE SO GOOD VS PEOPLE WHO ARE MANA FLOODED OR STARVED!"
>>46274804
>"OH MAN HE PLAYS A TIER 8 DECK WOW WHAT A MORON DOESNT HE KNOW THAT ONLY CREATURES GET PRINTED NOWADAYS"
>>46274826
The only reason it's "insanely hard" is because linear "i turn sideways" creature decks build their decks around facing and beating other linear "i turn sideways" creature decks, and so anything that blanks their linear nature is suddenly so op because they cant interact with it. This isnt because wizards hasnt printed cards that help you stop getting lanterned, it's because those decks dont run those cards because they would rather jam in more bolts. The whole reason lantern works is because creature deck builders are a combination of "2cool4control" and are forced into line to play more removal to stop the mirror. If we had a diverse format with more then just creature decks and the 1-2 combo decks lantern control would get btfo. But instead of wanting to diversify the format modern plays just usually rant about how op the biggest deck is and how op the one deck that counters their linear deck is.
>>
>>46274942
It's a mechanic that's designed to make your opponent either flooded or starved for mana.
>>
>>46274999
but it only works when your opponent isnt doing anything, and thats just not not going to happen in magic.
Nor do you understand how much effort you need to put into the mentioned card when you could just play lantern codex shredder and get much much better results.
But i assume you don't think we should ban lantern we should just not print cards with fateseal regardless of understanding the power level and how much effort is put in because "iTS nOT fAIR! >:( WIZARDS BETTER NOT MAKE A PLANESWALKER WITH "-99 FATESEAL 1" THAT WOULD STILL BE OP BECAUSE FATESEAL IS OP"
>>
>>46275106
Fateseal is just a bad mechanic in general, it doesn't do any sort of interesting interaction because resource generation is part of deck building.
>>
>>46275204
>playing with the top cards of your opponents deck isnt interesting
>but two players attacking each other mindlessly without any interaction is
send help
>>
>>46275301
It's about as interesting as Iona is.
>>
>>46275358
i hate iona, idk what your point is
>>
>>46275407
because fateseal is about giving your opponents cards they can't cast. If lands weren't part of your library it'd be more interesting, but otherwise it's not really interactive.
>>
>>46275512
refer to my past responses as to why you are incorrect and please try again
>>
File: Tree of Forgotten Ways.jpg (39 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Tree of Forgotten Ways.jpg
39 KB, 375x523
>>46273952
>>46274758
Holy shit people actually like my cards.
Now I can become a set-symbol pseudo-namefag.

So I've gotten a lot of critique about this one, and it's understandable. I like to think of it as a backwards PtE as in you have to give up your landplay for the turn and a land. A massive loss of tempo that should be equal to the advantages of being colorless and no benefit to the opponent.
With the new extra land exile, it does lose a bit of flavor. Perhaps if this is still too strong it should have to exile a land that could produce colors of the target? Like removing the creature into some sort of wonderland.
>>
>>46275782
perhaps make it legendary so you cant exile multiple ones for the exile cost. I honestly think past that this card is fine for the most part. If you made it legendary it would also stop it from just being weird bad swamps when combined with urborg
>>
>>46275849
That would make sense. It's name sounds legendary.
>>
File: Mir-Ma The Pure.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mir-Ma The Pure.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
>>46275782
Something that people really liked when I first posted it and sparked a bit of discussion.
The final verdict was broken in some decks, worthless in others. Exactly balanced in my eyes.
It's also now a pretty good flavor card now that I added some flavortext.
>>
>>46276373
should that may be can? i don't know if there is anything to reference on this affect.
>>
>>46276438
You can't cast more than one spell each turn.
>>
File: Gaiamorpher.jpg (51 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Gaiamorpher.jpg
51 KB, 375x523
>>46276373
Lands are boring. Let's do something that messes with lands.
So this card does a lot of cool things all in green.
First off, it promotes casting it with lands, getting this turn three or four with some sort of reanimator trick is near worthless.
Next, it triggers landfall equal to however many lands you have. That can win games alone.
It also allows you to fix all your forests into lands of other colors, showing green being the most "colorful" color.
Lastly, it has P/T one above its CMC, a very common thing on green creatures. But the interesting part is, playing this too late is a drawback, as you cannot chose not to have the ETB effect. So, a pseudo free beatstick or a massive deck thinner and potential combo piece?
>>
>>46276898
You've stapled scapeshift to a creature.
>>
>>46277002
well, i didnt say it was creative, just that it was cool.
>>
File: Master Pickpocket.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Master Pickpocket.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>46276898
Speaking of stealing ideas, let's steal some equipment. Or life. Whatever.
>>
>>46277260
The first ability negates his last and attaching the equipment to him is just annoying, as it just makes it so they have to re-equip their creatures.
>>
>>46273817
>>46274141
Translation: I'm shit at Magic but won't admit it to anyone, especially to myself.
>>
>>46277339
oh yeah I added that last part without thinking about the first.
Well, if you dont want to pay the mana, just dont block him. dont want to lose the life, block him.

lose/lose is a black thing, right?
>>
>>46277405
He needs non zero attack as well.
>>
>>46277260

>>46277435
>>46277339
This, also
>Rouge

You done fucked up my man
>>
>>46277359
Translation: i have no arguement.
>>
File: Master Pickpocket.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Master Pickpocket.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>46277435
or not.
>>46277516
maybe he should be a red creature then.
>>
>>46277558
It's still crap, given its cost and the fact that it can be blocked by ~literally~ anything.

Make it red and give it provoke instead of its first and third abilities
>>
>>46277558
He works now, but he's still a 3 mana child of night in 9/10 of cases.
>>
>>46277710
it was a joke on the color rouge.
equipment stealing is in red and black.
>>46277714
I suppose. I could see him in original mirrodin. I know good in limited is a sick meme but hey, either you lose some mana re-equiping your stuff or I get to hold it on my creature.
>>
>>46277530
here's your (you)
>>
File: Augur of Ire.jpg (54 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Augur of Ire.jpg
54 KB, 375x523
>>46277260
Suddenly everyone is looking for 3 cmc artifacts that can sac themselves.
>>
>>46277879
The trouble is that equipped creatures are usually attacking, not sitting back and making terrible blocks.
>>
>>46277879
I'm not referencing the joke you made, I'm literally telling you that your card would at least be workable with provoke.

Your card's pickpocket ability does nothing because it requires that your opponent has no untapped creatures without equipment attached to work, which is pretty unlikely, and even then, all they're doing is deciding between paying their equip cost or eating the life steal.

As it is, it's much more useful as a blocker but darksteel myr is better in every way.
>>
File: Furyflame the Insignificant.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Furyflame the Insignificant.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
How's this look for a one-mana walker?
>>
File: pain.png (37 KB, 412x323) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
37 KB, 412x323
I'm stuck on a wording. This is the best I could think of but I'm 85% sure it's wrong.

>Look at the top 5 cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card from among them. If you do, creatures you control become copies of the revealed card until end of turn. Put the cards on the bottom of your library in any order.

The last sentence is the most awkward.
>>
>>46279606
>Scry 5, then reveal the top card of your library. If a creature card is revealed this way, you may have creatures you control become copies of that card until end of turn.
Part Stormchaser Chimera, part Deceiver of Form.
>>
>>46279893
It didn't even occur to me to make it a scry effect. That seems like it could work, thanks anon.
>>
>>46279581
First ability doesn't even work.
Second ability is a free Gut Shot every turn it survives.
Ultimate is pretty much the only thing you got right, barring the fact that it can kill itself with it. But then again, considering it literally can't +1, it's not like it'll ever get used.
>>
>>46279606
I'd try "Look at the top 5 cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card from among them. If you do, creatures you control become copies of the revealed card until end of turn. Put the cards you looked at this way on the bottom of your library in any order."
>>
Do you think this is an appropriate cost and power/toughness for this kind of effect? Could it cost 3?
>>
File: no-name.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
no-name.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
>>46280172
Forgot the card.
>>
File: Oracles Inquiry.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Oracles Inquiry.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
And now to continue working on this non-functional "set" of cards that I will most likely never complete.
>>
>>46280198
>>46280172

I'd say it's priced pretty appropriately as is
>>
File: download (1).jpg (2 MB, 2250x2092) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
2 MB, 2250x2092
Some of my preferred designs from my group's set-in-progress.
>>
File: Damian Wayne Robin7.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Damian Wayne Robin7.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
>>46280334
Let's not forgot completely directionless cards! I seriously have no idea what to do with this guy though. Backstory is literally "Batman's kid, raised by assassins, wants to be the next Batman."
>>
>>46280457
>intimidate
>prowess
So you're current enough to know that Prowess is evergreen, but not that Intimidate's been replaced by Menace?

>Stability
Damn I see that art a lot.
>>
>>46280497
>menace replaced intimidate
>intimidate replaced fear
They must have no idea what they want an evasion ability should do.
>>
>>46280537
Intimidate was Wizards trying to fix Fear by replacing it with a new but still similar keyword, only for them to realize that the entire concept was flawed.
>>
>>46280198
I'd recommend cast and search, so you can't reorder your deck when a token hits the field.
>>
>>46280497
Easy fixes. All the arts are just placeholders anyway.
>>
>>46280457
I'm not sure if the Archetypes even work, due to layers.

Boltcaster is far too many lines and/or mythic.

Actually, having read this over I don't really like spellbind as a mechanic. If it makes every card it's on have enough text that i ACTUALLY have to squint, it's not worth having as a mechanic - find a way to pare it down or just swallow it and make another.

I just don't really get the point of glimpse of terror.

Royal Supply Line seems kind of weak, from my limited knowledge of magic balance.

Serpent Summoner isn't green. It's color identity for mechanics is definitely just red, except for the death touch, while flavor-wise it's blue, blue-green at a stretch.

Sinister Summons is a 5 mana mill 19 card, just name something they don't have. Good finisher. I also don't like it.

I know Tarkir fucked things but dragons are not really blue or green bro.
>>
>>46282753
>don't like anything
Okay. Anything more constructive?
>>
>>46282753
Archetypes already exist.
>>
>>46230846
Bloodrush is rg
>>
>>46235992
This makes my dick hard
>>
>>46282753
>I'm not sure if the Archetypes even work, due to layers.
It's been clarified that if two different players each have the same archetype, no creatures will get the keyword. can't > can It's one of the most important rules in Magic.
>>
>>46282898
It's a good thing then that it isn't bloodrush.
>>
File: index.jpg (358 KB, 1877x523) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
358 KB, 1877x523
Am I right in thinking that Unfinished should be dropped to a 0/1?

>>46280457
Superiority could cost 1 less.
Eager Inheritor's ability could just cost (2) as it isn't an ability both colors get and the card itself is already gold.
Bramblebomb should cost more since it's basically an off-color timewalk. Maybe give them less lands as a result.
Outmaneuver doesn't seem very white. Maybe give it protection from creatures with power greater than it?
>Skinwalker
Blue and green dragon? Why not a Lizard Mutant or something?
>>
>>46285746
Storm copies won't trigger cascade, if that's what you intended.

I'd rather see Unfinished cost 2 instead of being a useless 0/1 until you can transform it.
>>
>>46285746
It's a dragon for set flavor. The UG 'faction' is a cult of druids who revere dragons and use polymorphic magic.
Green for big stompy, blue for flying, I don't see the huge issue besides the fact that dragons were always mono-red before Tarkir.
>>
>>46288249
>dragons were always mono-red before Tarkir.
>laughingdragons.jpg
http://magiccards.info/query?q=t%3Adragon+-c%21r+-e%3Aktk%2Cfrf%2Cdtk%2Cc15+-is%3Areprint&v=card&s=issue
>>
>>46288554
>literally five nonred
>ones an illusion and ones an artifact
>>
>>46288895
>55 not mono-Red
>30 with no Red
>>
>>46288931
You realize this is only supporting nonred dragons.
>>
>>46288950
...Yes? Look, I made that post, and the MagicCards link. I am trying to say that, while rare and unusual, non-Red Dragons have existed for quite some time in Magic.
>>
File: Ancestral Denial.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ancestral Denial.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46290704
I'm pretty sure this is broken.
It's a 1-mana unconditional counterspell, which makes it incredibly valuable if you're trying to combo off. Who cares if they draw three, the chances of those three being irrelevant are so good that it's beyond worth running.

On the other hand, you can do the Remand tech (remand your own spell to blank their counterspell and draw a card) for MASSIVE value. Blanking their spells and getting huge value for it is really good.
>>
File: Yeshua of Nazarath.png (535 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Yeshua of Nazarath.png
535 KB, 752x523
I keep wanting to use MSE to make cards for something else. A card game, or for the cards in a board game, or really anything that could benefit from a card creator. But I never do.

Anyway, I made this because it takes my mind off of holiday arguments.
>>
File: Yeshua of Nazarath2.png (542 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Yeshua of Nazarath2.png
542 KB, 752x523
>>46292191
And another, for the obvious joke.
>>
Did I just lose a lantern player having a stroke? wtf was all that about?
>>
>>46292191
Only capitalize the first keyword. Lifelink seems sort of useless considering he has zero power - I'd remove it. You can also remove hex proof for him, or change his buff to "other creatures".

Using a plus ability to make an emblem is interesting but a: an emblem that lets you fog out EVERY turn, preventing you from being killed unless you're burnt to death is bullshit on a plus ability, and two: that kind of emblem does not seem to be very stackable at all, since one is all you need.

Also, the ult is white, yes, but not very white-green, and not very jesus-y, I don't think. It'd be better if you made each player pick, or just made you pick, creatures they want to keep and sac the rest, since that feels more "rapture" ish.
>>
File: Yeshua of Nazarath.png (544 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Yeshua of Nazarath.png
544 KB, 752x523
>>46293242
It's Holy Strength, Holy Day, and Wrath of God
>>
File: Malachite of Rabiah.jpg (48 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Malachite of Rabiah.jpg
48 KB, 375x523
That final here is really what I think an all powerful genie may have. As for the other abilities? I don't know.
>>
>>46293490
Good still, again, don't see the need for lifelink on Yeshua, but his ult would be easier worded as "destroy X creatures, they can't be regenerated.". It'd be better to just keep it as it was earlier if you're making him mono-white, and turn it into a straight up wrath of god.
>>
File: Grendleir of Rabiah - Both.png (464 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
Grendleir of Rabiah - Both.png
464 KB, 750x523
>>46293490
I like this version. The lifelink is a bit redundant though.
>>
File: Carmen Sandiego Time Thief.png (288 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Carmen Sandiego Time Thief.png
288 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Chandra Oathtaker.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Chandra Oathtaker.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
I goofed the second ability, this one should work though.
>>
File: Truth or Dare.png (325 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Truth or Dare.png
325 KB, 375x523
>>46295471
>>
File: Selina Heretic Druid.png (548 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Selina Heretic Druid.png
548 KB, 752x523
>>46295498
RG Legendary Werewolf for EDH when? C'mon Wizards...
>>
>>46295537
They chose Arlinn over a legendary werewolf.
Shouldn't the flipped side be RG to better connect the sides?
>>
File: Queen of Black Ice.png (296 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Queen of Black Ice.png
296 KB, 375x523
>>46295567
Yea, perhaps. It was an experiment to try to make both sides mono-color yet keep it RG commander, but it would probably fit better overall if both sides were gold RG, or hybrid.
>>
File: For the Good of All.png (271 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
For the Good of All.png
271 KB, 375x523
>>46295607
>>
File: Trait-orous.png (222 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Trait-orous.png
222 KB, 375x523
>>46295642
>>
File: Haze Vrykolakas.png (264 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Haze Vrykolakas.png
264 KB, 375x523
>>46295686
>>
File: New Phyrexian Cathedral.jpg (41 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
New Phyrexian Cathedral.jpg
41 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Tome of the Ascendant.png (262 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Tome of the Ascendant.png
262 KB, 375x523
>>46295712
>>
File: Lifeforce Elemental.jpg (49 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Lifeforce Elemental.jpg
49 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Mistress' Flare.png (597 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Mistress' Flare.png
597 KB, 752x523
>>46295739
>>
File: Renax the Hornless.png (275 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Renax the Hornless.png
275 KB, 375x523
>>46295770
>>
File: Betrayed by the Gods.png (292 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Betrayed by the Gods.png
292 KB, 375x523
>>46295799
>>
File: Guided Growth.png (338 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Guided Growth.png
338 KB, 375x523
>>46295843
>>
File: Orzhova Treasury Guard.png (284 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Orzhova Treasury Guard.png
284 KB, 375x523
>>46295862
>>
File: Master Terramancy.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Master Terramancy.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
>>
>>46295799
Each creature you control has base power of 2.
>>
>>46296554
Yea, I had originally made it back before that became the new way to word that effect.
But, I also kinda want your creatures to be restricted to 2 power, and to ignore buffs or pumps. Also, as far as I can tell, he buffs 0 and 1 power creatures to 2 power, since they'd get -(negative number) power
>>
File: Talkira The Battlewarden.jpg (48 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Talkira The Battlewarden.jpg
48 KB, 375x523
>>46295471
Pretty good, ult isnt red though.
>>46295485
Wouldn't change a thing.
>>46295498
Hard to judge, it's a red fact or fiction yeah, but I cant tell if t1 this is the same power as scry 6.
>>46295537
It's EDH intended so it cant really be bad, but it seems odd that it promotes transforming and untransforming as much as possible.
>>46295607
Feels like a old legend. Minus the keywording of freeze. Last ability hasnt been blue in forever and never was black. Could be a neat time spiral card.
>>46295642
I don't think white likes to flaunt that its better than everyone. Would be better if you had the least creatures you get prot also might be overcosted. Doesn't need legendary, as effect doesn't stack.
>>46295686
Most certainly overcosted. Could be just U with cipher or flashback or something. Nice pun though.
>>46295712
Nice. Very black and very cool.
>>46295727
Yes Phyrexia can warp colors but thats not very white at all.
>>46295739
Hilarious. I want to see people win with this. Could cost a bit less or have card draw attached.
>>46295748
A little scary that this can be played in WUBRG decks and pay life costs for counters. Also ways of getting more charge counters easily. Could use Shroud instead of Hexproof like helix pinnacle.
>>46295770
And the quest for a good R/W commander continues. Pic related is my shot. (Two birds one stone on legendary r/w dragon.)
>>46295799
Racism never looked so good. Not sure where that second ability is. Maybe lorwyn blue. Also not seeing the green in the first one. He could be B G/W.
>>46295843
Backwards Decide. Nice. Not seeing the white other than heliod.
>>46295862
Very nice. Combos with Girtrog Toad hardcore.
>>46295889
Oy Vey, Pay your taxes. Very Orzhov. Very annoying.

>>46295980
It's a beautiful mixture of red rituals and green ramp. 11/10
>>
>>46296688
Oh didnt see the ability stealing on traitorous, could be 1U without gimmicks.
>>
File: Reiko.png (312 KB, 378x526) Image search: [Google]
Reiko.png
312 KB, 378x526
>>46295373
>>46295398
It has Lifelink because it can still have it's power increased.
Also, it is a Wrath of God.

How do you people make your set symbols?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.