[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst thing a wizard did in your setting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15
File: Tarrasquetan.jpg (118 KB, 700x765) Image search: [Google]
Tarrasquetan.jpg
118 KB, 700x765
What is the worst thing a wizard did in your setting?
>>
>WoD: Vampire
Diablerized Saulot.
>>
I play in Faerun.
EVERYTHING bad is the result of some wizard. The biggest fuckface is probably Karsus, who cast the strongest spell ever, and ended up destroying his empire and killing the Goddess of Magic.
>>
File: 1409610183707.jpg (239 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1409610183707.jpg
239 KB, 500x667
>>46209460
>What is the worst thing a wizard did in your setting?
Anon, that's not how you spell Best...
>>
>>46209460
Wizard PC:
Threw a toddler around a shipping dock with telekinesis to coerce her restrained father into handing over his ship.
NPC Wizard:
Genocide, and creating a totalitarian autocratic government.
>>
File: ddd6392be6ae40_full.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ddd6392be6ae40_full.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
>>46210243
>Threw a toddler around a shipping dock with telekinesis to coerce her restrained father into handing over his ship.

That kinda puts you on the same level as this guy.
>>
>>46209460

Be played by That Guy.

Specifically, by That Entitled Rules Lawyer who wasted at least half an hour each session with his weasely attempts to bullshit himself an advantage. As if Wizards aren't broken enough as it is.
>>
>>46209460
FUCKED A TREE TO DEATH.
>>
>>46209460
Mass polymorph an entire village (party included) for shits and giggles
then was crushed when a little boy was morphed into a dragon
>>
File: Rust+Monster.jpg (27 KB, 320x242) Image search: [Google]
Rust+Monster.jpg
27 KB, 320x242
In any setting where these exist, these are the worst thing a wizard ever made.
>>
>>46209622
>Saulot

He got better tho.
>>
So far as I know every few decades he makes a new deck of many things and sends it into the world. He finds it entertaining to see what happens afterwards. Usually the fall of kingdoms and disappearance of great heroes, never to be seen again.
>>
>>46211462
>using items
>>
Sabotaged a man-made rapture machine, sending the world into another dark age.
>>
>>46210572
That wasn't my character, at the time I was GMing that game when a player decided to get greedy and steal a freighter from an NPC via toddler torture.

That particular PC wizard ended up in jail after another PC shot him in the back at point blank mid telekinetic toddler toss. Might have the character come back as a minor NPC villain.
>>
J-walked
>>
>>46209460

Fucking wizards man.
>>
>>46209460
Huh. Where to begin. Top competitors for most jerkass wizards in my setting include, but definitely are not limited to:

>Created an army of Not!Warforged/Not!Androids by ripping out slaves/POWs' souls and trapping them inside artificial, controlled bodies
>Artificially created an army of Not!Vampires by warping and twisting slaves, prisoners, POWs into mind-controlled monsters
>Turned one of the world's seven most populated cities, and the surrounding countryside, into the 'Sea of Glass', then turned a second into the world's largest Necropolis
>Created and released a 'Wild Magic' plague that causes its victims to suddenly develop a spontaneous, uncontrolled magical ability, simply to 'see what would happen'

Not sure which is the 'worst' offense, but...damn?
>>
Bound the soul of an ancient evil god to the paladin's sword without telling them.
>>
The Bbeg (seriously when are they ever not a mage) was a troll. The whole campaign he sat at the top of a heavily fortified mountain popping out world changing tier troll magic.
The first and worst one was touching yourself or others in a sexual manner cause the area to burst into flames.
>>
>>46209622
And so did Giovanni, if you consider necromancers also wizards.
Also, Tremere didn't really got hold of Saulot.
>>
File: seaman.jpg (108 KB, 1024x1469) Image search: [Google]
seaman.jpg
108 KB, 1024x1469
>Wizard sets a bag of holding filled with cheese in his basement
>returns to it six years later
>gives it to three assholes fresh in town and tells them to open in in his rival's alehouse kitchen
>a million cannibalistic rats, alive and dead, begin to pour out of the bag uncontrollably and a skeleton reaches out to try and pull one of the heroes inside
>party fails strength rolls to contain bag
>town now infested with rat plauge so awful that the only way to survive is to stick to the rooftop
>still dangerous because the wizard tried to make asexual doves and wound up creating a plague of doves in the 45 minutes that the party was gone

Candel was kind of a cunt
>>
File: 7680-16142.gif (56 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
7680-16142.gif
56 KB, 320x240
>>46212484
>>
File: Im surprised i had this.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Im surprised i had this.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>46212939
>bag of holding
>air for only 10 minutes max
>6 years

Necromancer rats are little fuckers
>>
>>46209460
Carved out the only human civilization

this is of course form the viewpoint of non humans, who generally wish humans had gotten back on their skull boat and sailed back to the Empty Night
>>
File: 1456014954595.png (222 KB, 500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456014954595.png
222 KB, 500x1200
>>46209460
Brought Satan and his bitches to Earth.
Pic related to me.
>>
Worst thing that anyone in -my- party has done was mind control another player's character because he was minorly inconveniencing him.

Worst thing in the entire campaign setting?
There's a few..
>Separate attempts/ at genociding Dwarves/Dark Elves/Dragons
>Genociding her home village of elves and turning them into vampires that he later just throws into a fight during the daytime, killing most of them
>Causing not 1 but TWO cataclysms
>After becoming a God, creates an entire planet of follows brainwashed to give her more divine power and launches a full-scale attack on the planet

Most of these are the same player in previous campaigns, in most cases the same character..
>>
>>46212939

Rats don't actually like cheese, you know.
>>
Stood me up at the altar.....
>>
File: kzujevmrvm5ji8oakw3u.gif (7 MB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
kzujevmrvm5ji8oakw3u.gif
7 MB, 800x602
>>46213653
They seem fine with it.
>>
>>46213681
harsh man
>>
>>46209460
Nothing.

I've never used a wizard as a plot device; not even as a principal, it's just never come up.
>>
>>46213874
But, then how do you explain when In Episode BF12 you were battling barbarians while riding a winged Appaloosa, yet in the very next scene, my dear, you're clearly atop a winged Arabian?
>>
File: 1431149523550.gif (2 MB, 294x232) Image search: [Google]
1431149523550.gif
2 MB, 294x232
>>46213681
>>
>>46209460
Sing.
>>
>>46213971
That was a technical gaff, we had to shoot that seen two weeks apart because of weather conditions and the lease for the appaloosa was only for two days, and we had to reserve it 5 months in advance.
>>
>>46213653
Actually they like it a lot. Not as much as they like grape tomatoes or bananas, but they like cheese quite a bit.

At least my rats do.
>>
>>46211462
That's what you get for not bringing a ranged weapon, or a wooden club at the very least. Always have backup options.
>>
>>46214602
But that shatters my suspension of disbelief!
>>
Slighted me.
>>
>>46209460
Raped a 13-year old.

>>46210847
I burst out laughing, good one.

>>46211462
I did so the blame goes to the goddess of nature. She doesn't like all those iron tools ploughing fields, hollowing the earth for gold, cutting down florests, so she created those to set back the abuses of civilization.
>>
>>46210847
Please do elaborate
>>
File: 1390226902482.gif (992 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
1390226902482.gif
992 KB, 500x347
>Enslaved the player characters and destroyed their homes.

They finally confront the wizard who is now bleeding to death on his throne.
He begs them to spare him and offers the players a chance to be his personal entourage and repay thrice fold once he is back home.

MFW they accept and have yet to stab him in the back.
>>
my friend wizard shocked a water elemental with our groups' barbarian trapped in it. Barb had to roll for massive damage, and failed. Who would've thought that a CG dwarf would get the first team kill?

Also, my archivist killed 6 snakepeople children to get 6 small skeletons for general cleaning and maintenance of his quarters. now he's slowly teaching them language and emotions (they have 10 int). Also he stole 1/5 of a city's treasure with just those 6 small skeletons, without anyone noticing. Will post story if interested.
>>
Do psykers count?
>>
>>46213724

That is the most New York thing I've ever seen.
>>
File: keYC4PZ.gif (2 MB, 270x378) Image search: [Google]
keYC4PZ.gif
2 MB, 270x378
>>46213277
>>
>>46209460
Started shit with a nearly omnipotent alien god-emperor and caused the said alien god-emperor bombard the wizards' home world's cities and then infected the place with demons, mutants and other nasties.
>>
>>46212678
Sterilisation through immolation.
I like it.
>>
>>46219137
There is something bizarre about New York, because when that video was first released, it became an overnight sensation, with New Yorkers lining up to call that rat a 'hero,' t-shirts and costumes were made, there were talks of closing down the schools and naming that day a city-wide holiday, and even an extremely short lived pizza-flavored breakfast cereal with pieces in the shape of rats, pigeons, and raving homeless.

It is that bizzare sense of pride that makes them see a rat with a piece of pizza and think "This is the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life, and I will name my firstborn son Ratwithapieceofpizza."
>>
Go around taking students wanting to become a wizard and kill them once they reach adulthood.
>>
>>46209460
>>46212498

Is nothing sacred?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.